ECWHY's Mesomorph Log

ECWHY

Awards
Hey guys.

Just got 2 tubs of Mesomorph (Tutti Fruity and Rocket Pop). Opened the Rocket Pop and will take it for the first time tomorrow 4/8.

Previous PWO Experience:

I've used a couple in the past (C4, iirc), but usually just stuck to caffeine pills. Usually popped 400mg when I'd use them, but until jumping on my EC stack, I wasn't using anything (just drinking coffee).

So, my usual day is ~600mg of caffeine, plus 75mg of bronkaid. On my first use of Meso, I will take only 2 doses of EC, and skip the PWO one and just use mesomorph.

My Planned Dosing:

Starting off with half a scoop since this is my first DMAA pwo. Then, I'll move up from there.

Will pair it with 15g of Dextrose + BCAA's (Xtend), usually.

For the sake of this log, I plan to try it:

By itself (completely fasted)
With 15mg of dextrose
With 15mg dextrose and MCT Oil
And, possibly a more complex carb 1.5-2hrs before, as well for experimentation purposes

I will make sure I take the meso in its own shake to give a good review of the taste and mixability. Might play around with some amounts of water, too.

Also, thinking I might adjust the timing I take it based on how I feel in my workout.

For my review structure per workout, I'll use the standard:

Taste
Mixability
Pump
Energy
Overall Workout Preformance

ECWHY

Awards
Pics of the goodies:

Ignore the Milky Way, it's to stay anabolic

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
in .. lol i would like milky way review too

ECWHY

Awards
in .. lol i would like milky way review too

That will be a bonus tomorrow. I'm gonna eat half PWO since my dextrose won't come in until after my workout so had to find a substitute.

Wimsicle

Wimsicle

Awards
  • Established
In. Gl bro! Remember to try some sodium too ;)

ECWHY

Awards
In. Gl bro! Remember to try some sodium too ;)
I will pick up some Morton Salt and mix ~2g PWO and see how I feel. Might need to to make sure I get enough sodium anyways since I am on EC and pissing a ton haha

Wimsicle

Wimsicle

Awards
  • Established
Yup plus with low carb, not retaining as much

ECWHY

Awards
Yup plus with low carb, not retaining as much
Exactly. Sounds like a plan. Might also sadly toss the milky way and get some pretzels or corn flakes for a higher gi source

Wimsicle

Wimsicle

Awards
  • Established
Ya I wouldn't get something with much fat.

ECWHY

Awards
Ya I wouldn't get something with much fat.
Half of that only has 3g, but it's like 62 on the GI Index and Corn Flakes are like 92 and if I can find fruit roll ups does are like 97-99

ECWHY

Awards
corn syrup
Yessir, I will stop by the store and grab a roll up or something instead if I get a chance. I'm so long into this cut that tossing a milky way isn't that hard.

Pretty excited for today. Will take the Meso around 20-30 pre workout and take my Xtend BCAAs (mango smells amazing) around 10-15min pre as I am going to gym.

ECWHY

Awards
Dumped the milky way and got some vanilla wafers. Higher GI

ECWHY

Awards
Pre-gym (30-40min pre)

Ate wafers 30-40 min before the gym since they aren't pure glucose.

Took meso 25-30 min pre gym -> already feeling it (will give full review after, it's awesome tho)

Xtend BCAA's mango tastes amazing, that is all

ECWHY

Awards
Took Meso around 30-40 min before workout:

Taste: Sweet, but not overpowering. Zero chemical aftertaste. Really does taste like the popsicles from what I can remember from them. Best tasting pwo/supplement, I've ever had.

Mixability:

No clumps. I used ~4oz for half a scoop and it mixed very well.

Energy:

Initial: Started feeling it almost right away. Good energy (might have been a bit in my head from being pumped to workout). My HR was actually pretty normal, and I did not get a ton of tingling in my face but again I only used half a scoop.

During my workout, I had a good constant energy. Not overpowering, but definitely more than usually. You can check my workout log, but I actually went up in weight and was able to succeed. Felt very focused and didn't crash at any point during my workout.

I think I will try 3/4ths of a scoop next time, but overall, it was great. Solid energy, good endurance.

Pump: Didn't notice too much difference in this from my usual pump. I am on keto so even with the tkd, I don't get super pumped. Will try it with 2g of sodium next time though.

bighulksmash

bighulksmash

Legend
Awards
Im just in to watch op eat that milky way slowly

ECWHY

Awards
Im just in to watch op eat that milky way slowly
Found a better gi source and my dextrose came in today. Unfortunately, the milky way will take a journey to the trash

cobri66

cobri66

Awards
I'm in for this log

bighulksmash

bighulksmash

Legend
Awards
I busted many prs with meso then unfortunately pulled a portion of my deltoid and took a few depressing months off .

I attribute a lot of my awesome lifts to meso . 3/4 scoop was my best dose ~

ECWHY

Awards
I'm in for this log
Thanks!

I busted many prs with meso then unfortunately pulled a portion of my deltoid and took a few depressing months off .

I attribute a lot of my awesome lifts to meso . 3/4 scoop was my best dose ~
I think that will be my next dose on a heavy day, tomorrow doing legs for first time in a while so might just stick with the half scoop since I won't be going overly heavy. Will probably take it 20min PWO + 15g of Dextrose + Xtend BCAAs.

ECWHY

Awards
Doing a refeed and light legs today. Plan to do a 48 or so hr refeed. First 24 I will get some cravings out the way, next 24 I am going to complex carbs and very clean.

Just felt it was needed from my energy levels lately and how long it has been since my last one.

Won't use meso today, will use adrenal rush v2 by primeval labs: http://primevallabs.com/adrenal-rush-v2-stim-pre-workout/

cobri66

cobri66

Awards
Doing a refeed and light legs today. Plan to do a 48 or so hr refeed. First 24 I will get some cravings out the way, next 24 I am going to complex carbs and very clean.

Just felt it was needed from my energy levels lately and how long it has been since my last one.

Won't use meso today, will use adrenal rush v2 by primeval labs: http://primevallabs.com/adrenal-rush-v2-stim-pre-workout/
Good idea switching...that was exact combo I used when I last took Meso...Adrenal Rush

ECWHY

Awards
Good idea switching...that was exact combo I used when I last took Meso...Adrenal Rush
Definitely had good consistent energy throughout my workout but after using meso it can't really compare. Good pumps and good for lighter days tho!

cobri66

cobri66

Awards
Definitely had good consistent energy throughout my workout but after using meso it can't really compare. Good pumps and good for lighter days tho!
Yup...plus they had a buy one get 2 free..hard to pass that up

ECWHY

Awards
Used Meso around 20-25 min PWO.

Mixability was good again. Used 3/4ths of a scoop with ~6oz of water. Might use around 10 when I do a full scoop on Wednesday.

Focus was great, was really zoned in. Got taken out of it because a guy asked be to spot him on multiple sets during my bench press.

Jumped up in weight on bench and shortened rest and definitely felt better. Didn't get as many reps (didn't expect) but did feel good.

Had energy the entire workout, but definitely went super hard today. My triceps were dead at the end. And, I sweated my ass off with the shorter rest.

Overall, great workout. Felt like I actually got decent pumps since I am on my refeed.

cobri66

cobri66

Awards
Used Meso around 20-25 min PWO.

Mixability was good again. Used 3/4ths of a scoop with ~6oz of water. Might use around 10 when I do a full scoop on Wednesday.

Focus was great, was really zoned in. Got taken out of it because a guy asked be to spot him on multiple sets during my bench press.

Jumped up in weight on bench and shortened rest and definitely felt better. Didn't get as many reps (didn't expect) but did feel good.

Had energy the entire workout, but definitely went super hard today. My triceps were dead at the end. And, I sweated my ass off with the shorter rest.

Overall, great workout. Felt like I actually got decent pumps since I am on my refeed.
Any crash for you afterwards?

ECWHY

Awards
Any crash for you afterwards?
Literally zero. I, of course, got tired later in the day, but it was a natural tiredness. I actually got like a second wave of energy during the end of my workout which was interesting. If my triceps weren't so fried, I felt I could have stayed another 30min-1hr

ECWHY

Awards
Wimsicle recently my dextrose, salt and mct oil came in.

Was planning on using this wednesday pre workout for back/biceps:

~20 min PWO:

10g of Dextrose
1 tbsp of MCT Oil
1 scoop of Mesomorph
1g of Sodium

I was wondering how you consumed the MCT oil? Just throw it into my dextrose shake (separate from mesomorph since it tastes too good to taint), or just take the tbspn directly?

Wimsicle

Wimsicle

Awards
  • Established
Wimsicle recently my dextrose, salt and mct oil came in.

Was planning on using this wednesday pre workout for back/biceps:

~20 min PWO:

10g of Dextrose
1 tbsp of MCT Oil
1 scoop of Mesomorph
1g of Sodium

I was wondering how you consumed the MCT oil? Just throw it into my dextrose shake (separate from mesomorph since it tastes too good to taint), or just take the tbspn directly?
Wassup! Yeah I would actually mix protein, dextrose, 2g sodium, and the mct oil, and creatine in a shake and down that. I wouldn't use a PWO so often times I would blend the above with coffee and drink that.

I think you'd be fine to just mix the MCT oil and dextrose together, or just take a tablespoon and down it and chase it with your dextrose or meso shake.

Also, recommend trying 2g sodium :)

ECWHY

Awards
Wassup! Yeah I would actually mix protein, dextrose, 2g sodium, and the mct oil, and creatine in a shake and down that. I wouldn't use a PWO so often times I would blend the above with coffee and drink that.

I think you'd be fine to just mix the MCT oil and dextrose together, or just take a tablespoon and down it and chase it with your dextrose or meso shake.

Also, recommend trying 2g sodium :)
Sounds great. I might throw in BCAA's into that shake for some flavor.

You think I should jump straight to 2g? I was thinking like 1 g of sodium and ~400 potassium.

Wimsicle

Wimsicle

Awards
  • Established
Yeah 2g sodium. Should be 5-7g on top of what you get in your food. Since keto keeps insulin levels very low, kidneys go into a diuretic state. This excretes lots of sodium (as well as potassium and water).

Just give it a shot, 2g. You can space it out a little if you want. If its your first time taking MCT and sodium load, you might get an unexpected trip to the bathroom. Haha

ECWHY

Awards
Yeah 2g sodium. Should be 5-7g on top of what you get in your food. Since keto keeps insulin levels very low, kidneys go into a diuretic state. This excretes lots of sodium (as well as potassium and water).

Just give it a shot, 2g. You can space it out a little if you want. If its your first time taking MCT and sodium load, you might get an unexpected trip to the bathroom. Haha
Just threw some MCT Oil into my coffee because I've missed it on this EC stack and figured Im taking a ton of caffeine anyways so an extra 100-200 won't hurt.

Will try the 2g. I've read about the effects of MCT oil, let's hope I don't have any unfortunate incidents during deadlifts lol

Wimsicle

Wimsicle

Awards
  • Established
Just threw some MCT Oil into my coffee because I've missed it on this EC stack and figured Im taking a ton of caffeine anyways so an extra 100-200 won't hurt.

Will try the 2g. I've read about the effects of MCT oil, let's hope I don't have any unfortunate incidents during deadlifts lol
Just do a tablespoon youll be okay. I should have told you to get mct powder, much easier digestion.

Which brand did you get?

ECWHY

Awards
Well, today is back but my DOMS from legs is horrible still so going to rest so I can get a good deadlift day in on a full scoop, hopefully tomorrow. Will be sipping on BCAAs today and will do a light cardio sesh (30-45 min at 60-65 max hr).

cobri66

cobri66

Awards
Not to plug another product but Finish Line is great for DOMS..

ECWHY

Awards
Not to plug another product but Finish Line is great for DOMS..
Will def. look into it. Don't really expect DOMs this bad again, just a bit rusty on the legs haha

It truly is. Works great and tastes absolutely amazing!
Glad to hear the Meso is working for you. I know it is EXTREMELY strong for me. So I use it on days where I'm dragging (and need that extra kick) ... and of course, leg days :)

-Spaz
Meso is awesome, agreed :)

ECWHY

Awards
Took meso 40-45 min PWO, then 15-20 min pwo I drank 15g of dextrose, 1 scoop of xtend bcaas, 1 tablespoon of mct oil, 1.8g of sodium (had ~.6g earlier in day).

Mixed 1 scoop of meso with 10 oz of water. Taste was as always excellent along with mixability.

I REALLY like taking meso this early. I got super hyped up waiting to go to the gym (listening to music, visualizing lifts, etc) and since meso energy lasts like 3-4hrs, I did not have any sort of crash during my work out.

It was a great workout and according to my fitbit, my HR was around 83-85 during the workout --->>> I sweated a lot.

I really noticed bigger pumps with the sodium, and I think the mesomorph helped me look even more pumped despite being on a super low carb keto diet.

Deadlifts went up in weight (second time doing it in a while) and had 2 minute rests. I felt I could easily rip it off the ground and sweated my ass off. It was only 225 for 4 sets, but really focusing on form before I move up so I avoid any possible injuries. Leg soreness was slightly noticeable in the morning but once the meso hit, I did not even think about it.

I should have taken more potassium and magnesium PWO because I accidentally skipped my morning dose of magnesium and didn't add any potassium to that PWO shake so during my first set of pull ups, both of my calves cramped up while I was hanging doing pull ups. This ****ed me up mentally so pull ups sucked. I bounced back with my 1-arm rows and really got a good contraction with them.

Overall, awesome workout! High heart rate, low rest times so I sweated a ton, great CONSTANT energy. Love mesomorph because there really is no peak, it is just a steady stream of energy during my entire workout.

Wimsicle

Wimsicle

Awards
  • Established
Yup sodium helps alleviate the "flatness of being low carb hence the increased pump! Keep up the good work mate!

ECWHY

Awards
Woke up depleted myself.

Had a big meal before noon and did my workout early afternoon.

A few calories left for the day. That baked chicken never fails me for a meal that fills up without a ton of calories.
Yeah, I drank last night (first time in ~3months) and with the low carb diet, I woke up with a pretty big hangover haha. Reminds me why I don't drink that often.

Anyways,

Shoulders/Misc - 4/15/2017:

WU - ~10 min of basketball shooting around (to get a sweat going)

DB Shoulder Press:

1 x 45lbs x 10 (WU)
3 x 50lbs x 10/7/7

Arnold Press:

3 x 30lbs x 10/10/10

Shrugs + Lateral Raise Superset:

Shrugs:

3 x 65lbs x 12/12/12

Lateral Raises:

3 x 20lbs x 10/10/10 (slow/pause)

Cardio:

20 min of end of workout cardio

Notes:

Had a dull headache this entire workout and did not feel great. Didn't want to skip though so did what I could.

Today - 4/17, doing cardio and chest tomorrow!

ECWHY

Awards
Cardio - 4/17/2017

4:01 miles at 8:58 pace. Kinda slow but oh well, first run in like 2 weeks.

Also, HR was apparently 176 on avg according to my fitbit so that was a bit high lol

ECWHY

Awards
Nutrition - 4/17/2017

Calories: 2239
Carbs (net): 11g
Fat: 110g
Protein 174g

Notes: Burned around 3300 calories today since I ran 4 miles and walked quite a bit as well.

Wimsicle

Wimsicle

Awards
  • Established
How many total carbs did you have to equal that calorie Intake.. Unless my math is way wrong haha

ECWHY

Awards
How many total carbs did you have to equal that calorie Intake.. Unless my math is way wrong haha
I had pork rinds so only counted the fat from them, not the protein since the general consensus is that the protein is not digested. But, 16g of carbs, 5 g of fiber (almonds)

ECWHY

Awards
Chest/Triceps - 4/18/2017

BB Bench:

2 x 135lbs x 12 (WU)
1 x 155lbs x 8 (WU)
1 x 165lbs x 6
3 x 170lbs x 6/6/5

Notes:

Rest Time: ~1min30-2min

DB Incline Bench:

3 x 60lbs x 8

Notes:

Rest Time: ~1min-1min30sec

DB Incline Flyes:

4 x 30lbs x 12

Notes:

Rest Time: ~1min

Dips:

4 x BW x 8-10

Notes:

SkullCrushers:

4 x 40lbs x 10-12

Notes:

Abs:

Superset of:

Russian Twists:

3 x BW + 10lb Medicine Ball x 30

V-Ups:

3 x BW x 12-15

Nutrition - 4/18/2017

Calories: 1663
Carbs (net): 26g (took 15g of dextrose PWO)
Fat: 88g
Protein: 149g

Took meso: 40-45min before then 15min before dextrose, mct, potassium, sodium (2g).

I was pretty tired before the workout, and my calves are ridiculously sore from the run yesterday. Still managed to have a good workout (and great pump) from meso. Wasn't as focused but it's because they were doing some maintenance at the gym so a lot was going on.

ECWHY

Awards
Rest day. Will deadlift tomorrow but can barely walk normally right now. Might attempt light cardio today

Wimsicle

Wimsicle

Awards
  • Established
Rest day. Will deadlift tomorrow but can barely walk normally right now. Might attempt light cardio today
Haha damn homie you must be straight murdering in there

ECWHY

Awards
Did about an hour of cardio today. Taking some time to eat at maintenance since I am currently in the middle of finals week at school. Don't think working out + a deficit + lack of sleep is a good combo.

MARK_

MARK_

Awards
I was pretty tired before the workout, and my calves are ridiculously sore from the run yesterday. Still managed to have a good workout (and great pump) from meso. Wasn't as focused but it's because they were doing some maintenance at the gym so a lot was going on.
Mesomorph seems to be doing its job :)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Supplements 18
Supplements 7
u_e_s_i Supplements 5
Supplements 31
Supplements 0