Perfromax Lab Nootropimax Log

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I got my bottle of Nootropimax in yesterday. I plan on trying a few different ways of dosing to see what I like best. So thank you to everyone at Nootropimax and I look forward to hopefully getting a little less dumb over the next month or so.

The only other things I am currently taking are Agmatine at 1-2g a day and various different pre workouts. I am going to start a cut next week but it will be a few weeks before I add anything in to that.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Yesterday I had already drank two cups of coffee before realizing the bottle came in the mail, so I ate and waited an hour and took two caps and drove to my lab for the day. I noticed a nice increase in mood and I was more talkative than normal. I noticed the effects very quickly, within about 10 minutes or so, and I had an odd feeling in my throat that I can't really explain.

I just took two caps on a completely empty stomach and I am about to start on some homework.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Okay, so I couldn't find what to do for my homework so I just spent the next hour or so looking for a new truck that I can't afford. Lol

Great focus though, I didn't even realize how much time had passed. No crash or anything, I did eat and it didn't seem to effect anything. The intensity of focus is starting to die down but I still feel good.

bighulksmash

bighulksmash

Legend
Awards
This looks like it would be worth the money . Iam running ALCAR and garlic . any good rep codes ?

* can u explain how these ingredients would increase cognitive ability please .
Yea one thing I notice is how quickly time passes, seems like the day goes by way faster.

Last edited:
muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
This looks like it would be worth the money . Iam running ALCAR and garlic . any good rep codes ?

* can u explain how these ingredients would increase cognitive ability please .
Here's a brief but pretty to-the-point write up:
https://performaxlabs.com/product/nootropimax/

Also, when we did the profile reveal/guessing thread, I gave a little info on each ingredient:

Bacopa:
Bacopa has been shown to improve memory consolidation, learning rate, and other aspects of cognitive functions in healthy human subjects. Animal studies have shown that it can significantly increase dendritic length, intersections, and branching points in the brain.
CDP-Choline:
has been shown to improve attention and increase psychomotor speed in healthy young subjects, and has also been shown to increase alpha oscillations in healthy subjects after a single dose.
L-Ornithine HCL:
L-Ornithine can reduce hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal (HPA) axis activity resulting from stress... and has been shown to be synergistic with caffeine, and may also extend the duration of caffeine's beneficial effects on mood.
Caffeine (anhydrous and dicaffeine malate):
Caffeine has been shown to improve neural firing rates and increase alertness and concentration.
and dicaffeine malate is beleived to have a longer half-life than caffeine anhydrous.

L-Theanine:
has been shown to reduce α-amylase activity in healthy young subjects, and animal studies have noted it can facilitate long-term potentiation and increase in brain-derived neutrophic factor (BDNF) expression.
Theanine is also synergistic with caffeine, and is calming without being sedating, helping to provide a clean, focused energy.

Theacrine:
Theacrine is believed to act through the adenosine and dopamine systems to provide stimulant and calming effects.
It's similar to caffeine, but doesn't seem to be subject to the same tolerance build-up as caffeine, meaning you don't have to use more over time to notice the same effects.

Sceletium:
Sceletium is reported to be a dual PDE4 inhibitor and 5-HT reuptake inhibitor, and has been shown to reduce threat responsivity in healthy young subjects.
Noopept:
Russian research has shown that Ingredient 9 can produce a meteoadaptogenic action, and increase work capacity in a hot climate.
That's another nice potential benefit of Noopept besides the cognitive benefits. Here's some more interesting reading on Noopept:
he results have demonstrated that noopept, used in dose 20 mg daily during 2 months, improves cognitive functions in stroke patients and has a high level of safety.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22500312
Chronic treatment with Noopept was not followed by the development of tolerance, but even potentiated the neurotrophic effect. These changes probably play a role in neuronal restoration. We showed that the nootropic drug increases expression of neurotrophic factors in the hippocampus.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19240853
Noopept was also shown to prevent ionic disbalance, excitotoxicity, free radicals and pro-inflammatory cytokines accumulation, and neurotrophine deficit typical for different kinds of brain damages, including AD...

Moreover, neuroprotective properties of noopept likely include its ability to decrease tau phosphorylation and to restore the altered morphology of PC12 cells. Therefore, this nootropic dipeptide is able to positively affect not only common pathogenic pathways but also disease-specific mechanisms underlying Aβ-related pathology.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25096780

Huperzine-A:
Huperzine-A is an AChE-inhibitor, and research has shown it has a half-life of between about 5 and 12 hours.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Sweet! In on this!

bighulksmash

bighulksmash

Legend
Awards
A+ ....
Here's a brief but pretty to-the-point write up:
https://performaxlabs.com/product/nootropimax/

Also, when we did the profile reveal/guessing thread, I gave a little info on each ingredient:

Bacopa:

CDP-Choline:

L-Ornithine HCL:

Caffeine (anhydrous and dicaffeine malate):

and dicaffeine malate is beleived to have a longer half-life than caffeine anhydrous.

L-Theanine:

Theanine is also synergistic with caffeine, and is calming without being sedating, helping to provide a clean, focused energy.

Theacrine:

It's similar to caffeine, but doesn't seem to be subject to the same tolerance build-up as caffeine, meaning you don't have to use more over time to notice the same effects.

Sceletium:

Noopept:

That's another nice potential benefit of Noopept besides the cognitive benefits. Here's some more interesting reading on Noopept:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22500312

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19240853

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25096780

Huperzine-A:

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I took the two caps spread out today because I wasn't really doing anything that needed good focus. I didn't really notice much if anything with just the one cap at a time, but I did eat both times about 30-45 minutes before.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
This morning I woke up and got ready and on my way out the door I took two caps, which put me right at 30 minutes before class started.

I didn't notice the intense focus like the first two times dosing, but I believe it is the Noopept that does this. When I was trying Noopept alone, I would get very good focus and tunnel vision but after a couple days of continuous dosing, I no longer got that. My first class of the day is very boring and annoys me for the most part, but it didn't seem too bad today. I fasted from waking until about 3:30pm which is later than normal. I was hungry but it wasn't that bad, I also was working on homework for those last 3 hours and I was trying to push through when everyone else was already giving up. I'm not sure if it was the Nootropimax or me just wanting to go home.. Lol I don't just hang out at school if I don't have to be there like a lot of the other people do.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I was on the ball again this morning in class while everyone was being dull and confused. No real noticeable stimulant or focused feelings anymore, but I do seem to be more invested in what's going on in class..

By no noticeable focused feeling I mean that tunnel vision type of focus I had the first few days that can almost be bad if you aren't actually interested in what you're working on, because I personally give up on the more important task and do something else I enjoy.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I was on the ball again this morning in class while everyone was being dull and confused. No real noticeable stimulant or focused feelings anymore, but I do seem to be more invested in what's going on in class..

By no noticeable focused feeling I mean that tunnel vision type of focus I had the first few days that can almost be bad if you aren't actually interested in what you're working on, because I personally give up on the more important task and do something else I enjoy.
Are you still dosing it the same as before?

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
My dosage has still been 2 caps in the morning.. So far nothing much has changed. I will drink a cup of coffee or two with it some days since I am no longer getting any instant focus or energy type feelings with it.

My memory does seem a bit better. I have an exam today so I am going to take another cap a little before it and study some more. This exam is purely memorization. I literally just have 110 multiple choice questions to memorize and I will be tested on 40 of them.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
My dosage has still been 2 caps in the morning.. So far nothing much has changed. I will drink a cup of coffee or two with it some days since I am no longer getting any instant focus or energy type feelings with it.

My memory does seem a bit better. I have an exam today so I am going to take another cap a little before it and study some more. This exam is purely memorization. I literally just have 110 multiple choice questions to memorize and I will be tested on 40 of them.
How did the test go?

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
How did the test go?
Not as good as it could've been. I missed three. One I realized I was wrong after I submitted it, but we aren't allowed to go back to previous questions. One was a question I hadn't focused on when studying and I'm not sure what other question I missed, we don't get to see the feedback. Lol

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Not as good as it could've been. I missed three. One I realized I was wrong after I submitted it, but we aren't allowed to go back to previous questions. One was a question I hadn't focused on when studying and I'm not sure what other question I missed, we don't get to see the feedback. Lol
Three out of 110? That's pretty darn good!

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
37/40? That's still pretty damn good IMO; 92.5%.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Yeah it's nothing to be upset about lol

Also, today was the first day I've touched a barbell since my shoulder surgery last July and I ended up working my way up to 275 for reps on rack pulls. That's pretty weak compared to where I was before, but I was happy with it considering I have been stuck on machines for the past year basically.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
We're out of coffee and I am wanting to get a submittal done before lab today so I'm about to take three caps on a completely empty stomach and see how far I can get. I'm hoping I can get it completely done and start on some other homework. I have to teach myself Revit as well as a couple other things today lol

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
We're out of coffee and I am wanting to get a submittal done before lab today so I'm about to take three caps on a completely empty stomach and see how far I can get. I'm hoping I can get it completely done and start on some other homework. I have to teach myself Revit as well as a couple other things today lol
I ended up finishing my portion plus more of this so I would say that's good. The three cap dose does somewhat make me want to do other things besides study though. I want to get up and move around and be more talkative, which is kind of how I felt on my first couple doses of two caps.

Now I am still taking 2 caps in the morning before my classes and things are still going good. I don't seem to zone out as often as I used to. I am not noticing a whole lot other than that. I think since I do have such a high tolerance to caffeine that the stimulant effects are basically gone now, which I don't find them to be necessary anyways.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I just realized how badly I spelled in the title.. Lol I think I was hungover.

Anyways, last night I watched a show that had been on a break for a few months at least. I have always had trouble keeping up with the main characters names, but last night I was able to name them all off very easily without hesitation. I would be surprised even if the show hadn't been on a long break and I was able to do that. But, since it had been months since seeing the show I thoroughly impressed myself with being able to remember all of their names without actually hearing them in the show yet.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Things are still going good.. Overall motivation still seems increased even though it is near finals and I'm usually giving up at this point, so that is good. I would say the most noticeable thing has been the motivation and increased interest in course work.

I was just getting ready to order another bottle to extend to 8 weeks, but a new worker at the gym picked up my wallet off a machine. They gave the wallet back but stole the cash and then lied about it, so I had to cancel my cards to be safe. They ended up giving the cash back after the manager spoke with her supervisor and eventually the vice president.. Still annoying though. Lol

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Things are still going good.. Overall motivation still seems increased even though it is near finals and I'm usually giving up at this point, so that is good. I would say the most noticeable thing has been the motivation and increased interest in course work.

I was just getting ready to order another bottle to extend to 8 weeks, but a new worker at the gym picked up my wallet off a machine. They gave the wallet back but stole the cash and then lied about it, so I had to cancel my cards to be safe. They ended up giving the cash back after the manager spoke with her supervisor and eventually the vice president.. Still annoying though. Lol
Dang man sorry to hear that!

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I have one more day left of this bottle, and my new one should be coming any day now. I had an exam today that I will know how I did in a couple days. I will try and continue this log for the next couple of weeks until the semester ends and I will post up a final review as well in the next couple of days.

Motivation is still high which really is unbelievable for this time of year. Lol

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have one more day left of this bottle, and my new one should be coming any day now. I had an exam today that I will know how I did in a couple days. I will try and continue this log for the next couple of weeks until the semester ends and I will post up a final review as well in the next couple of days.

Motivation is still high which really is unbelievable for this time of year. Lol
Awesome to hear! Thanks for being a great logger.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I've skipped the Nootropimax the past couple of days and have definitely noticed a difference. My mind was wondering like crazy during class and I just couldn't get interested in it.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Okay so here is my final review.. Sorry it took so long I am finishing up finals this week and have been getting ready to move.

Dosing: I did 2 caps in the morning most days just to make things easier and more convenient. I did dose them spread out a few times but I didn't notice anything different.

Focus 8/10: I did get a very intense focus after dosing for the first few days, but it went away after that. I believe this is from the Noopept, I tend to build a tolerance to it and don't notice it's effects after continuous dosing. But I did notice an overall increase in focus throughout the day while taking it.

Energy 5/10: I already had a fairly high tolerance to caffeine so I didn't get much in terms of energy from this, but I know most people have gotten good energy from it.

Motivation 10/10: This is where the product has really shined for me. During this point in the semester I have normally given up, but I am still going strong and not procrastinating.

I did stop for a few days to see if I noticed a difference, and I definitely did. After a couple of days without dosing I could tell that I was much more uninterested in class and my mind was wondering like crazy.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thanks for the detailed and honest review. I can definitely relate with it helping me stay motivated and interested in the home stretch of the semester with exams and whatnot.