Performax Labs NootropiMax Log

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
First of all I wanted to thank Performax Labs for the opportunity to test drive their new nootropic product, NootropiMax! They sent out 10 bottles to be logged in the AM community! That shows their generosity as a company, but more importantly their confidence in their product. The product is fully packed with mostly well known and well studied ingredients.

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I received the product yesterday. I took 2 caps this morning at 7:30am with breakfast and head out to work. About 30-45mins after consumption I noticed slight anxiety set in. I didn't notice and any boost in mood or euphoria. I did start to notice feeling tired/slight fatigue around 11am which is odd for all of the caffeine that is in the product. So, I ate lunch and took another cap at noon before my afternoon started. Still no noticeable boost in energy. It is now 5:45pm and I am pretty tired again. The slight anxiety continued for the entire day. No noticeable boost in focus today.

This product was formulated to have both acute and long term benefits so I am hoping I will have better experience with it down the road. I will try taking it again tomorrow. I think I will try just one cap in the morning and see how that works out for me.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I received the product yesterday. I took 2 caps this morning at 7:30am with breakfast and head out to work. About 30-45mins after consumption I noticed slight anxiety set in. I didn't notice and any boost in mood or euphoria. I did start to notice feeling tired/slight fatigue around 11am which is odd for all of the caffeine that is in the product. So, I ate lunch and took another cap at noon before my afternoon started. Still no noticeable boost in energy. It is now 5:45pm and I am pretty tired again. The slight anxiety continued for the entire day. No noticeable boost in focus today.

This product was formulated to have both acute and long term benefits so I am hoping I will have better experience with it down the road. I will try taking it again tomorrow. I think I will try just one cap in the morning and see how that works out for me.
Hmm, that is strange, and isn't something I've heard from anyone (not that I'm downplaying or questioning your feedback at all). Did you take both doses WITH food (as in directly before, during, or after eating)? Perhaps that could play into you not feeling much energy. I either like taking it a bit before eating, or at least 30 minutes, even an hour or so, after eating. Feeling anxiety is also a bit strange, as there are many ingredients that have been shown to help reduce anxiety (theanine, sceletium, and bacopa come to mind). We'll get this sorted out; thanks for the honest feedback.

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Hmm, that is strange, and isn't something I've heard from anyone (not that I'm downplaying or questioning your feedback at all). Did you take both doses WITH food (as in directly before, during, or after eating)? Perhaps that could play into you not feeling much energy. I either like taking it a bit before eating, or at least 30 minutes, even an hour or so, after eating. Feeling anxiety is also a bit strange, as there are many ingredients that have been shown to help reduce anxiety (theanine, sceletium, and bacopa come to mind). We'll get this sorted out; thanks for the honest feedback.
I did take both doses yesterday with food (with breakfast and with lunch). I just took one cap this morning at 8:45am (start work later today) on an empty stomach and I will wait 30 minutes until I eat breakfast. You are probably right as the food hindered the energy boost.

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
So far I have noticed a slight increase in focus from just one cap this morning. No anxiety at the moment ?

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I just took another cap of NootropiMax 30 mins after eating lunch. I have to prepare all of my company tax information for the accountant. Hopefully, NootropiMax will help with organization needed for this task and make it more enjoyable too!

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Ok, task completed! The taxes are all sent over to the accountant to hopefully have him work his magic so I won't have to pay much this year. I did notice a nice little energy boost from the afternoon cap. Focus was good and that is saying a lot for such a boring task. No anxiety today!

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Heading out to the gym soon. I will try only one scoop of my pre-workout (CU) instead of my normal two scoops. I don't want to keep elevating my caffeine consumption.

Pec.Major

Awards
  • Established
Heading out to the gym soon. I will try only one scoop of my pre-workout (CU) instead of my normal two scoops. I don't want to keep elevating my caffeine consumption.
Smash them weights!

Adizzle1

Adizzle1

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Sounds like 2 caps at first was a bit to much causing anxiety and negating any focus as it was likely being over powered. But sounds like 1 cap is the sweet spot for you, nice energy, good focus and no anxiety. Thats the one benefit of this formula, its very flexible.

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Sounds like 2 caps at first was a bit to much causing anxiety and negating any focus as it was likely being over powered. But sounds like 1 cap is the sweet spot for you, nice energy, good focus and no anxiety. Thats the one benefit of this formula, its very flexible.
Definitely still feeling out the dosing.

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
This morning I worked out before work. I did my normal 2 scoops of my pre-workout so I won't be taking NootropiMax this morning. I will probably take 1 cap for an afternoon boost.

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Btw.... I want to mention the bottle of NootropiMax is the perfect size. It is small and not bulky like too many products these days. I just threw it in my pocket before leaving the house. I will post a pic of it shortly.

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Btw.... I want to mention the bottle of NootropiMax is the perfect size. It is small and not bulky like too many products these days. I just threw it in my pocket before leaving the house. I will post a pic of it shortly.
I have mine sitting here at my desk.

20170331_085256.jpg

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
This morning I worked out before work. I did my normal 2 scoops of my pre-workout so I won't be taking NootropiMax this morning. I will probably take 1 cap for an afternoon boost.
One of these times...you must try it with your PWO and just dose that a bit lower and add some Agmatine, L-Citrulline or whatever to still satisfy the pump aspect. I really enjoyed this...as you have probably seen in my log..

It really is a nice size "on-the-go" bottle!

Oriza7

Oriza7

Awards
Is it just me or do you guys ever get uncomfortable went taking supplements at work? Always wondered what the co workers were suspecting. Lmao.

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Is it just me or do you guys ever get uncomfortable went taking supplements at work? Always wondered what the co workers were suspecting. Lmao.
It's not just you man. People will always ask about it if you take something in front of them. I prefer to keep it private and take it in the bathroom or take it quickly when it's not obvious to others.

Oriza7

Oriza7

Awards
It's not just you man. People will always ask about it if you take something in front of them. I prefer to keep it private and take it in the bathroom or take it quickly when it's not obvious to others.
Non lifters always suspect the worse. Lol

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I took 1 cap today in the afternoon and it provided decent focus and a slight pick me up that was needed.

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Yes..I feel uncomfortable when somebody sees me popping pills at work that I don't know all that well on a personal level and I try to avoid doing it in front of them in such cases. The people I work with directly...that is a different story! I just pop pills in front of them all night and they think nothing of it. I just tell them they are vitamins and caffeine pills...

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Over the weekend I did a shot of espresso in the morning and 1 cap of NootropiMax in the afternoon. I wasn't doing anything mentally challenging so nothing really to note.

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
This morning I took 2 caps of NootropiMax with breakfast before work. This method seems to really not work for me. I felt slight anxiety and drowsiness. No energy and no boost in cognition. Social interaction seem to take a dive as well.

Now I am not sure what to do about the afternoon? I need a pick me up, but not sure if taking another cap will help or just make it worse (probably just make it worse).

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
This morning I took 2 caps of NootropiMax with breakfast before work. This method seems to really not work for me. I felt slight anxiety and drowsiness. No energy and no boost in cognition. Social interaction seem to take a dive as well.

Now I am not sure what to do about the afternoon? I need a pick me up, but not sure if taking another cap will help or just make it worse (probably just make it worse).
So it seems like 1 cap twice a day is treating you much better than 2 caps once a day. Also, as I mentioned before, I'd recommend you not take it with food. It seems like you're doing better taking it before or after food, and with one cap. If you want to try 2 caps again, I'd recommend taking it 30 minutes or so before food, or 30-60 minutes after food like you did with 1 cap. If you do decide to try another cap today, don't take it with food. I probably wouldn't take it with food at all if I were you, especially if you're not noticing the energy from it.

Oriza7

Oriza7

Awards
^ I agree. I never take stims with food. Usually blankets the effect. If you find that you have to eat after 2 caps cause it upsets your stomach or any other side then just stick with one cap dude. I really don't like certain stims or fat burners that forces me to eat. Kinda meaningless imo. That's why I dig OxyMax XT. Gives you that clean feeling without the urge to eat. My Nootropimax will be coming on Wed. Will definitely try 1 cap without anything else first.

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Well I can take a 5-Hour energy with food or even a shot of espresso and still feel it's effects. Maybe since this is capped it interferes more when eating. The thing I need to eat breakfast in the morning and I am not going to skip breakfast in order for this product to work with me. That's not worth it IMO.

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Well I can take a 5-Hour energy with food or even a shot of espresso and still feel it's effects. Maybe since this is capped it interferes more when eating. The thing I need to eat breakfast in the morning and I am not going to skip breakfast in order for this product to work with me. That's not worth it IMO.
Maybe taking the 30-60 mins after breakfast would be best then. If you have a chance.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
No one is saying that you should skip breakfast; there are a few options. Do you eat immediately upon waking? If not, you could take 1-2 caps (whichever you find treats you better) immediately upon waking; perhaps have the caps ready with some water by your bed or something if you're really pressed for time, and eat breakfast a little later. If you don't have time for that, if you eat breakfast pretty soon after you wake up, you could take NootropiMax after eating, maybe 30-60 minutes after you eat and see how that treats you. I know that some people want energy/caffeine/etc first thing in the morning, so I could see why you may want to take it with breakfast, but it seems that it isn't working for you, so I don't see a reason to keep that dosing scheme going. If you really need some caffeine/energy WITH your breakfast first thing in the morning, have some caffeine (espresso, 5-Hour Energy, etc) with your breakfast and then have 1 cap of NootropiMax an hour or so after you eat, and take your second cap later in the day before or after food like you did before and said you enjoyed it more. You mentioned caps versus liquids, so that's another option for you to consider too. Of course, I'd recommend trying the options listed above first, if you're determined to have it WITH breakfast for some reason, you could try emptying the caps into some liquid. It's not going to taste good, so you'd either have to just take it like a shot in a bit of liquid, or add it to something like OJ that may make it more tolerable.

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I have never taken mine with food, but I do think that would significantly decrease the benefits. Maybe you set your alarm a bit earlier? Twenty minutes for absorption may be all you need.

I have always popped my stims/supplements first thing in the morning on an empty stomach...it is what gets me out of bed everyday!

Some may call me stim-dependent, and I would probably agree with them:bigeyes:

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I have never taken mine with food, but I do think that would significantly decrease the benefits. Maybe you set your alarm a bit earlier? Twenty minutes for absorption may be all you need.

I have always popped my stims/supplements first thing in the morning on an empty stomach...it is what gets me out of bed everyday!

Brb, making a stim dispensing alarm clock.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I have never taken mine with food, but I do think that would significantly decrease the benefits. Maybe you set you alarm a bit earlier? Twenty minutes for absorption may be all you need.

Exactly. Remember, NootropiMax isn't just caffeine/stims; it's a synergistic blend of nootropics and caffeine. Without the caffeine in the formula, it's possible that it may be too calming for some people's taste. Also, I get that he wants energy in the morning with his food, but if it's not working for him, I'd recommend changing the dosing scheme. As you said, you could take it 20-30 minutes before breakfast (which isn't all that much time if you take it first thing after waking up; since you likely have to do some things before eating anyway, perhaps get dressed, take a shower, cook/prepare your breakfast and/or lunch for the day, etc). Conversely, you could take it 30-60 minutes after eating breakfast. I know that people may want some energy WITH their breakfast, but he's not getting that dosing it that way, so it's a moot point. If this is the case, he could have some caffeine/coffee/etc with his breakfast, and take NootropiMax about 60 minutes or so after eating. Those are two viable options that I think are certainly worth considering/trying.

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I wake up and take a 10 minute shower, get dressed then eat breakfast. Brush my teeth then I am out the door. I guess I could 20-25 minutes before I eat where I could take it. Or try 30-60 after eating, but I like to feel some energy on my drive to work. Anyway, I won't be taking it with food anymore. I will play with dosing some more.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I wake up and take a 10 minute shower, get dressed then eat breakfast. Brush my teeth then I am out the door. I guess I could 20-25 minutes before I eat where I could take it. Or try 30-60 after eating, but I like to feel some energy on my drive to work. Anyway, I won't be taking it with food anymore. I will play with dosing some more.
Sounds good. You could have it ready when you wake up (having it by your bed with water is one option), shower, and get dressed and then eat breakfast.

Adizzle1

Adizzle1

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Sounds good. You could have it ready when you wake up (having it by your bed with water is one option), shower, and get dressed and then eat breakfast.
This is exactly what I do, I keep it on my night stand and just take it right when I wake up.

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Yesterday and today I worked out before work so I did not take NootropiMax in the morning. I did 2 scoops of my pre-workout (CU) in the morning. Then, 30 minutes before lunch I took 1 cap of NootropiMax. It has been decent. I get improved focus and concentration.

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Tomorrow I will take 2 caps in the morning before or after breakfast.

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Took 2 caps this morning 25 mins (tried for 30) before breakfast and I did notice a bit more energy from it. Unfortunately, plenty of anxiety going on right now.

It seems I really can't do 2 caps at a time. I can do 2 caps in a day though (1 am and 1 early afternoon).

Pec.Major

Awards
  • Established
Took 2 caps this morning 25 mins (tried for 30) before breakfast and I did notice a bit more energy from it. Unfortunately, plenty of anxiety going on right now.

It seems I really can't do 2 caps at a time. I can do 2 caps in a day though (1 am and 1 early afternoon).
Sorry to hear. Facking hate anixety.

Good thing though that splitting the dose during the day works.

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
This product has been working pretty well as an afternoon pick me up. I have only been doing 1 cap in the afternoon. The mornings have been my pre-workout product on training days. On my off days I just drink espresso, coffee or a 5-Hour energy in the mornings.

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
NootropiMax is treating me well at 1 cap for my afternoon pick me up. I don't seem to respond well to dosing it in the morning or dosing it at 2 caps. That is fine as this product will last me awhile this way.

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I will post up my final review tomorrow!

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Here is my final review on Performax Labs NootropiMax product.

Profile: 4.5/5 the product has 10 well dosed research backed ingredients.

Focus: 3/5 it provided a boost in focus.

Mood: 1/5 it did not provide any noticeable boost in mood for me.

Mental cognition: 2.5/5 on some occasions I would experience a bit of improved mental cognition.

Energy: 2.5/5 it did not give a big boost in energy, but I felt it was sufficient for a little afternoon pick me up.

Convenience: 5/5 I much prefer capped noots. It also comes in a small sleek bottle that is easy to transport. It has small caps too (no horse pills here).

Price: 4.5/5 with all of its fully dosed ingredients it makes for a great price. Buying these ingredients separately would cost more.

Overall: 3/5

This product was best suited for me at 1 cap in the afternoon. It gave me a nice little pick me up and some focus. For some reason I was experiencing some negative sides when I dosed above 1 cap. The down side to that is I wasn't getting full doses of the ingredients, but the up side is the product lasts much longer. I would recommend the product if anyone is already using some of these noots. It is definitely worth a try to see if it works for you. It already has most of the basic noot staples covered.

Thank you Performax Labs for the opportunity!