Gaspari Novedex XT Log let's get ripped!

Gorgoroth

Gorgoroth

Awards
Time to kick it into high gear, spring is the time for me to cut about 10 pounds and be ready for summertime BBQ and lots of beer!

The Gang at Gaspari was kind enough to hook me up with a box and I intend to make the most of it! I won't have it until next Friday according to UPS so what follows will be an introduction to me and my training philosophy.

Current stats:
Age 37
Weight 195
Height 6'
Bench 275
Squat 305
Dead 405

Current Pic cold:

Typically I consume between 2900-3500 cals per day with close to 190 grams of protien and 100 grams of fat. When I cut I do one specific action. Cut the beer. That coupled with closer tracking brings me down to around 2400-2500 cals per day and still about 180 grams of protien.

Carbs will come from:
Whole wheat bread
Pasta
Rice
Fiberous veg
A little fruit

Protien is
Whey (lower cal bars are ok)
Turkey
Tuna
Beef
Chicken
Lean pork

Fat is
Olive oil
Coconut oil
Eggs
Peanut butter (2 tbsp per day)
Tag along animal fat

I never get too strict. Usually weigh my meats. Overestimate on any food eaten outside of the house and focus on Organic Produce and local meat.

Training

P/P/L/P/P/L rest
Cardio 2 times per week
I don't follow a strict program, I lift for fun and to challenge myself. Last few months I have been focusing on squating and Deadlifiting at least twice a week if not more (recovery dependent)

So there it is. I get the Nice blue box- I quit the barley pop- I count my macros/cals. Train per usual.

I'll check in with weight and workouts/diet daily. Welcome aboard!

thorsdad31

thorsdad31

Awards
  • Established
In!!

danielmoo

danielmoo

Awards
  • Established
In! Good stuff in here, I'm also been running a PPL and have loved it so far. Excited to follow along for some Novedex fun

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
In on this!

Gorgoroth

Gorgoroth

Awards
Good Morning Fellas! Had a good night sleep last night. The wife and I bought a Novaform King size mattress at Costco and it is worth every penny.

Still no Novedex until next Friday.
Going to do some LISS this morning, shooting for 30 minutes. Took a scoop of ANS Rave and currently enjoying a cup of freshly brewed French roast. Then I'll get to it when the stims kick in.

Morning weight: 194.1

Breakfast: scrambled eggs with kale and canola oil/Promore Frosted Cinnamon Bun in water.

Lunch:?

Dinner: Homemade Pork loin Bahn-Mi burgers with pickled carrots, jalapeño and cilantro on whole wheat baguette. Couple beers.

Going to the opening game of the season tonight for our local MLS club. Get to see them raise the banner for cup championship last season! Good times.

rodherm

Awards
  • Established
In! To see how this goes. I certainly feel myself reflected with the beer thingy ;-)

danielmoo

danielmoo

Awards
  • Established
Glad that you slept well, that's a very important factor. Dinner sounds good too

Gorgoroth

Gorgoroth

Awards
Late night last night. Dinner was excellent and extra Tacos were acquired.

Morning weight: 195.1 :)

Cardio for 40 mins this morning with more Dumbbell work.

Flyes
Rows
Curls
Seated OHP

All together just under an hour, got a great sweat going. Had a scoop of Kraken pre.

Today is a work day, I typically only work 3-4 days a week with mondays off. But, my boss and best friend got the bad news that his dad died yesterday morning so I am going in to cover him. Rough times.

Last nights Bahn-mi:

Gorgoroth

Gorgoroth

Awards
Well, it was a good day. Kept my calories down around 2700. Starting the weening process from alcohol. Only 2 beers tonight ��

Now we gear up for Novedex XT!
Have a good night everyone.

danielmoo

danielmoo

Awards
  • Established
Well, it was a good day. Kept my calories down around 2700. Starting the weening process from alcohol. Only 2 beers tonight ��

Now we gear up for Novedex XT!
Have a good night everyone.
Good deal. Night!

Gorgoroth

Gorgoroth

Awards
40 mins of cardio this AM on Eliptical. Followed by dumbbell work.

Morning weight 194lbs

Then I stacked 32 of these at work.

Still only at a 1000 cals for the day and it's 2:15!

Room for Dinner, tonight is stir fry.

Gorgoroth

Gorgoroth

Awards
Morning weight 192.4
Rest day, lots of work in the brewery. Enjoying two more nights of 1-2 beers then we hop on the wagon.

With AI's I find they perform better when alcohol is obstained. Deficit or not alcohol can have a dramatic effect on estrogen so, why risk it? That said I'll enjoy a couple more cold ones!

Tomorrow is the first day in the gym in 4 days. Long overdue, will be hitting deads and chins plus a few cable row variants.

danielmoo

danielmoo

Awards
  • Established
Kill it! Should have a lot of energy going in there for the first time in a few days.

Gorgoroth

Gorgoroth

Awards
Morning weight: 197.1 higher sodium intake last night.

Morning Pull session

Deadlifts:
WU 10x135x2
225x10
315x8
345x5x3

Snatch grip:
225x10x3

Lat pulldowns pronated:

165x10
150x12x3

Cable rows close grip
150x10x4

TV grip
135x10x2

20 minutes on the stair climber.

Just got the UPS notification that my Novedex should be here tomorrow! Cannot wait to get it started!

danielmoo

danielmoo

Awards
  • Established
Good looking workout and sounds like a big day for you tomorrow!! Novedex time.

Gorgoroth

Gorgoroth

Awards
Looky here...

No training today, long day at work. Calories came in at 3300. Higher than I would like. But that happens. Tomorrow will be my first day on Novedex XT. I will set a calorie target of 2700 and omit any caloric beverages.

Plan on hitting legs and doing some LISS in the AM.

Catch you later dudes.

danielmoo

danielmoo

Awards
  • Established
That is a sexy looking product!! Big day for you tomorrow, catch you then.

Gorgoroth

Gorgoroth

Awards

Morning weight after taking my pre and first dose of Novedex XT! Super nice packaging and simple dosing schedule.

Breakfast:
4 whole eggs=280
1 low carb tortilla=81
1 tbsp canola=120
Hot Sauce

Training:

High bar Squats 185x10x10
Front squats 135x10x10
Barbell lunges 95x5x10 (each)

Legs are phucking destroyed. Went with volume over weight today, just felt good. Came home and shoveled a yard of soil for the wife's flower beds. I'm toast.

Will take evening dose and head to the inlaws for dinner. I've had 1280 calories so far today, so I should have no problem hitting my target.

Here we go!

Last edited:
danielmoo

danielmoo

Awards
  • Established
10x10.. holy crap. No way could I do that, legs would be useless after! Gotta agree with the dosing and packaging of Novedex. Easy to take and looks great.

Gorgoroth

Gorgoroth

Awards
10x10.. holy crap. No way could I do that, legs would be useless after! Gotta agree with the dosing and packaging of Novedex. Easy to take and looks great.
Yeah based on how I feel today, I can't reccomend it very often. Sometimes you just gotta see what you can do.

Right now all I can do is sit on the toilet. Getting down here hurt too much to get back up.

In all honesty I'm still going into the gym today. Push session with some light cardio. Will update.

Keeping cals at 2700 for a few days.

Gorgoroth

Gorgoroth

Awards
Other supplements I am using during this log:

Creatine Mono: 5 grams per day
ALCAR: 1 gram per day
GTE: 337mg 3 per day

Preworkout: rotating (Kraken, SuperPump250 w/DMAA, Conqu3r Unleashed, White Flood)

Last edited:
Gorgoroth

Gorgoroth

Awards
40 minutes of cardio this AM. Giving my legs a little heat then resting otherwise today. Still not fully recovered from this weekend.

Weight is coming down with calories at maintenance the last 3 days on Novedex XT. Also feeling harder in the mornings and I'm not talking about wood. :D

Enjoying this product so far and I'm only on day 3!

danielmoo

danielmoo

Awards
  • Established
LOL at hard comment. That's one of the big benefits of Novedex, awesome that you're noticing it already!

Gorgoroth

Gorgoroth

Awards
LOL at hard comment. That's one of the big benefits of Novedex, awesome that you're noticing it already!
Could all be in my head. But I definetly get that, "whoa" feeling the last two mornings when I look in the mirror. We will see what happens in a few weeks!

Gorgoroth

Gorgoroth

Awards
One "piece" of advice I have is to hold the tabs is a dose locker of some sort, or small pill jar. I typically carry caps in my pocket when doing multiple doses through the day so I don't forget them at home.

Novedex XT can breakup in your pocket pretty easy.

Gorgoroth

Gorgoroth

Awards

Morning weight prior to push workout. I'll probably update my weight going forward 2x per week. Or if there is a dramatic shift.

Push day:

Push ups warm up: 40
Flat bench close grip
135x10
185x8x3
135x9
135x7

Wide grip:
205x5
205x4
225x2
225x1
205x3

Body weight Dips:

Triceps pressdowns:
65x12x3

Dumbbell overhead extension:
35x8x3

LISS 20 minutes eliptical

Felt good today, legs still a little sore. Will try and get some foam rolling in tonight.

Gorgoroth

Gorgoroth

Awards
Morning weight 191. Noticing a downward trend week over week very nice. Definetly feeling a little tighter. Granted omitting anywhere from 400-600 alcohol calories can have that effect. Strength and endurance feel a shade better.

Continuing to dial in diet will be key. Especially with a family vaca coming up. Lucky me my wife always picks the hotel with the best gym!

Will be at work for 12 hours today so no workout will be logged. Will snag some pictures of dinner though!

danielmoo

danielmoo

Awards
  • Established
12 hour shift.. yuck. Nice to hear the progress, thanks for the updates!

Big_Spaz

Big_Spaz

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
One "piece" of advice I have is to hold the tabs is a dose locker of some sort, or small pill jar. I typically carry caps in my pocket when doing multiple doses through the day so I don't forget them at home.

Novedex XT can breakup in your pocket pretty easy.

Very good word of advice. I noticed I had a few of my pills "crack/flake" as well. So now I go straight from foil packet to my hand and then down the hatch.

Great log so far, your going to have an excellent run my friend :)

-Spaz

Gorgoroth

Gorgoroth

Awards
This morning I did some fasted cardio pre lift (I know, my muscles are going to fall off :)

But to the contrary, two things that were very noticeable today was a better than usual shoulder/trap pump. While still looking drier.

Also, my cardio was a breeze! I typically do 40 minutes. Today 50 was no problem. Maintained my numbers on deadlift from last week even post cardio.

danielmoo

danielmoo

Awards
  • Established
Looking drier is an excellent sign. Good stuff! Cardio is important for health without a doubt, and that's icing on the cake to keep your strength up.

Gorgoroth

Gorgoroth

Awards
Leg day today. Still feeling good.

2 things that are noticeable to me so far.

Libido is elevated.

Craving fat (IE nuts, egg yolk, fatty meats) last couple of days we had chicken thighs and I just could have ate 3x the portion I had with dinner. Also struggling not to double my daily peanut butter.

Appitite in general is normal.

Gorgoroth

Gorgoroth

Awards
Leg day workout from yesterday. Heading to the train station with the fam this morning. Will update hotel gym workouts (with some pics!) for next 3 nights.

Legs

Squats:
Bar x 15
135 x 10
185 x 10
225 x 5 x 3
245 x 5
225 x 3

Single leg press:
2 and quarter plates PPS
10x3 each leg

Walking lunges with 40lb dumbells
10 steps x 3

20 minutes on the stair climber.

danielmoo

danielmoo

Awards
  • Established
Nice leg workout, you've got all the areas covered with some cardio as well.

Gorgoroth

Gorgoroth

Awards

Still got a good pump in the hotel gym this afternoon!

Well the last couple days have been interesting to say the least! Took the train to Sacramento and my kid decided to jump on the small bed in the sleeper car. Mid jump the train lurched and sent him head first into the hand rail on the window.

My wife screamed when she saw the gash on his noggin and sent me for Ice. I was in such a hurry I didn't put on my shoes. Got Ice at the Cafe and ran back to the sleeper car without saying anything to the attendant. Got all the way to our little hallway and sure as **** the train lurched again and I crushed my pinky toe in a doorway!

Good times.

Rough night.

Looks like it's going to be a whole lot of chest and tri/bis for the remainder of our trip. Kid is healing up faster than me.

Forgive my nastiness

Gorgoroth

Gorgoroth

Awards
Catching the train tonight for home. Managed a couple decent chest/back sessions in the hotel gym.

Looked a lot like this both times

Dumbbell BOR 4-5sets
Cable rows 4-5sets
Chins 4-5sets

Cable flyes 4-5sets
Dumbbell press 4-5 sets
Diamond push-ups 4-5 sets

Swimming for cardio, foot is not in good shape. Walking around on it I. SF all week didn't help. Pinky toe Still swollen like a fig :(

Keeping up with the Novedex XT per day. Calories were decidedly off the rails these last few days so I will dial back in tomorrow.

Remarkably, don't feel that bloated. Belt still hits the same notch effortlessly.

No good pics except for this of the Bay. If you look close you can see the Golden Gate through the fog.

Big_Spaz

Big_Spaz

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the update to the log. Over the next week/week and a half you should really start to feel/see the results of Novedex XT. Most users are reporting an increase in strength. So hopefully that's what your seeing as well :)

-Spaz

danielmoo

danielmoo

Awards
  • Established
Cool pic. Like Spaz said, you should be able to notice some strength gains here in a little bit.

Gorgoroth

Gorgoroth

Awards
Well now I'm sick as a dog, fever and chills plus a nasty cough. So frustrated.

Want to hit the gym, but that would just hinder my recovery. Foot is feeling better. Don't think I broke anything so that is a plus. Calories have come back to sub 3000. (Not hard to do when your sick)

Bare with me Bros. We will get back to gym/workouts/pics.

As an aside, even though I am really not feeling well-libido is still through the roof. My wife had to fight me off last night. Probably a good thing she did, last thing I need is her catching this crap.

danielmoo

danielmoo

Awards
  • Established
Well now I'm sick as a dog, fever and chills plus a nasty cough. So frustrated.

Want to hit the gym, but that would just hinder my recovery. Foot is feeling better. Don't think I broke anything so that is a plus. Calories have come back to sub 3000. (Not hard to do when your sick)

Bare with me Bros. We will get back to gym/workouts/pics.

As an aside, even though I am really not feeling well-libido is still through the roof. My wife had to fight me off last night. Probably a good thing she did, last thing I need is her catching this crap.
Hate getting sick enough to keep me out of the gym. Being able to recover is important. Feel better soon!

Gorgoroth

Gorgoroth

Awards
First day back in the gym. Taking it pretty easy. Still getting winded easily and feeling the effects of being ill. Not weak so much as tight and easily overheated. Still sweating a ton at night.

Pull session:

DB BOR:
40x17
50x14
60x12
70x12

TV handle cable rows:
105x13x3
135.5x11

Straight bar push downs:
80x10x3

Close grip cable rows:
150x8x3

Stairclimber for 10 minutes

Cardio wasn't there yet, still recovering for sure. Foot is 100%.

Will try legs tomorrow based on how I sleep. AND GET SOME PICS!

danielmoo

danielmoo

Awards
  • Established
Glad to hear you're back at it, but remember to take it easy. The weights will always be there. Also happy to hear about the foot

Big_Spaz

Big_Spaz

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Good news about the foot and glad to see you back training again. Always remember that your physical health comes first and foremost. But if your like me (which you probably are) no matter what you try and at least do what you can do. And that's all you can do :)

-Spaz