bps new product log by chefbo

chefbo

chefbo

Awards
i am starting a log for BPS new product line. Hopefully their fat burning thermogenic CONTROL.

stats are as follow: 55 yrs old, training is every other day , 188 right now goal is 170-175.
i am currently doing Steve Cook's Modern Physique trainin gprogram for 8 weeks which has a cardio component to it.
this is something i rarely do mainly because of time .
i am going to dial my diet in at 2500 cals with protein being 50 percent of it. splitting the others in half.

i want to thank bps and lukehayd for chossingme and i hope i don't disappoint.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
First!!!!!!

Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
In! for follow the old man!

chefbo

chefbo

Awards
i was wrong . thought it had came but it was something else. i'll load as soon as it arrives. time to burn!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
i was wrong . thought it had came but it was something else. i'll load as soon as it arrives. time to burn!
what a tease....:pat:

lol

chefbo

chefbo

Awards
yeah i was all excited when i got the confirmation email too.

chefbo

chefbo

Awards
came friday took tow wow waht at rush . cut back to one am/pm before workout .. very stimmed but thats OK i can control it. worked out friday on upper body. took saturday off to do yard work with the kids.did legs today with some cardio one bps control 1/2 hour before training. made tit through great with tons of energy left which i have been missing. taking bcaas along with this .. very happy so far.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
came friday took tow wow waht at rush . cut back to one am/pm before workout .. very stimmed but thats OK i can control it. worked out friday on upper body. took saturday off to do yard work with the kids.did legs today with some cardio one bps control 1/2 hour before training. made tit through great with tons of energy left which i have been missing. taking bcaas along with this .. very happy so far.
1. 1st question---you ARE logging control, correct?
2. 2nd question---do you normally use a lot of stims?

chefbo

chefbo

Awards
1. 1st question---you ARE logging control, correct?
2. 2nd question---do you normally use a lot of stims?
\yes and no.
usually stay away for hugely stimmed products due to hypertension. but one is fine so far i'll take the other before i leave work which is around 2 pm. should still be able to go to bed ok that way.

chefbo

chefbo

Awards
took my first control at around 10 am did some yard work had lunch and then worked out. leg day and i had tons of energy to finish which has been a major issue lately. 20 minutes of cardio then 45 of legs. presses, calves, curls and extensions. i won't bore you guys with the set up but the rep range is 15-20 on all these as heavy as i can go .i still have pain in my left hamstring from a tear or severe strain over a month ago so i mind it very carefully..

took my first control today about 1 1/2 hours ago and i feel it surging in my now. jsut got a shake for breakfast instead of my usual egg white omelet and oatmeal. had my second just now half a tuna fish salad sandwich. now back to work in the bakery. abs and rest today. have a good one everyone.

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Besides the energy, are you noticing any other effects yet?

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Oh BPS! Calling BPS. Would BPS please sub to this log? Thank you. :D

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
took my first control at around 10 am did some yard work had lunch and then worked out. leg day and i had tons of energy to finish which has been a major issue lately. 20 minutes of cardio then 45 of legs. presses, calves, curls and extensions. i won't bore you guys with the set up but the rep range is 15-20 on all these as heavy as i can go .i still have pain in my left hamstring from a tear or severe strain over a month ago so i mind it very carefully..

took my first control today about 1 1/2 hours ago and i feel it surging in my now. jsut got a shake for breakfast instead of my usual egg white omelet and oatmeal. had my second just now half a tuna fish salad sandwich. now back to work in the bakery. abs and rest today. have a good one everyone.
must be hell to work in a bakery....and be on a cut!!!:nana:

chefbo

chefbo

Awards
energy and endurance that i haven't had in a liong time. i am finishing all my workouts with plenty in the tank , time is my enemy on weeknights because i drop off my son at tae kwon do for a 50 minute class so i have to get in what i can. usually not a problem but with the added cardio on this program i am pushing it.

chefbo

chefbo

Awards
last night was great . i am pushing more wieght than i have in a long time or ever before. even had to stack some extra plates on to get it done. this is way not normal for me. i am not a big guy or overly strong for any reason but something has changed

i am still standing at 186 even with the change of the carb macros and added cardio nothing is happening. i don't contribute this to the control because i don't think it has had time to get anything started. i am sweating alot more even when i am laying around like last night . at 11 i was laying down watching tv in shorts and sweating like hell. i'm gonna give it a couple weeks and see where we are at . i want 170 but 175 will do by june 24th. Beach time!
bp is fine now with spilting the dosage no ill effects or jitters.

chefbo

chefbo

Awards
legs last night and i'm up a pound too! not sure what the hell is going on . cardio two control a day and lowered cals still getting more weight . if i wanted to i couldn't but i got to figure somethingout .

six minutes to sore leg workout so its a drop rep set at a set weight . i only did 100 on th esmith machine front squats and the same for the deads and lying curls
10 reps 10 second hold at the bottom, then 9 ,8 and so on on all three exercises.
i didn't think much of it untili was done and man it took its toll. i was winded because of no rest between sets. twenty minutes of treadmill cardio afterward.

control is doing great so far, lets just see some weight drop and i'll be happy . have agreat day guys!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
legs last night and i'm up a pound too! not sure what the hell is going on . cardio two control a day and lowered cals still getting more weight . if i wanted to i couldn't but i got to figure somethingout .

six minutes to sore leg workout so its a drop rep set at a set weight . i only did 100 on th esmith machine front squats and the same for the deads and lying curls
10 reps 10 second hold at the bottom, then 9 ,8 and so on on all three exercises.
i didn't think much of it untili was done and man it took its toll. i was winded because of no rest between sets. twenty minutes of treadmill cardio afterward.

control is doing great so far, lets just see some weight drop and i'll be happy . have agreat day guys!
no worries-at least not yet....I've had that happen before at the start of a cut, then BOOM down 5lbs or more.

chefbo

chefbo

Awards
good because seeing love handles show up when i'm doing more cardio than i ever have is blowing my mind . cutting cals and going up in weight is wierd to me. three weeks on this new program and i am softer than before like in my arms. when i trained like i usually do one to two body parts a day i saw things this upper and lower body training taxes me in certain areas like the shoulders and legs, but not the arms , back . jsut starnge to me but i'll ride it out and see what happens.

did arms last night since it was active rest and i had the time to do it. high volume lots of exercises and reps 20-25 range then to failure . usually 5 sets each
warm up was cable curls and cable extentsions
then db preacher curls
skulls
straight bar curls
reverse curls
20 minutes of treadmill cardio

felt great sore today huge pump.

APC80

APC80

Awards
There's a theory that your fat cells fill up with water when they empty making it seem like you've plateaued or got fatter. Supposedly the day after a high carb refeed/cheat day you'll piss it out and go down a few pounds on the scale overnight. Dunno if it's true but I know when I've cut my stomach fat gets soft and squidgy before I lose it so maybe that's the fat cells retaining water. That's the sign I look for, if the fats soft I'm losing it, if it's more solid I need to cut more calories or up the cardio intensity.

chefbo

chefbo

Awards
There's a theory that your fat cells fill up with water when they empty making it seem like you've plateaued or got fatter. Supposedly the day after a high carb refeed/cheat day you'll piss it out and go down a few pounds on the scale overnight. Dunno if it's true but I know when I've cut my stomach fat gets soft and squidgy before I lose it so maybe that's the fat cells retaining water. That's the sign I look for, if the fats soft I'm losing it, if it's more solid I need to cut more calories or up the cardio intensity.
thats and idea . ill keep an eye on it and see. i know i'm pissin like crazy

chefbo

chefbo

Awards
hard work all weekend around the house so i should have burned extra cals for sure. worked out saturday morning abs and cardio. off sunday and today upper tomorrow with more cardio. getting after it for sure. feeling a little out of it today for some reason a lot of sickness going around here these days. flu, pnemonia, allergies hope i don't get it. control is still on point so far. bp is doing great no issues. still sore form saturday. i may need to add me some glutamine to my preworkout to help recover. ya'll have a great training day!

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
hard work all weekend around the house so i should have burned extra cals for sure. worked out saturday morning abs and cardio. off sunday and today upper tomorrow with more cardio. getting after it for sure. feeling a little out of it today for some reason a lot of sickness going around here these days. flu, pnemonia, allergies hope i don't get it. control is still on point so far. bp is doing great no issues. still sore form saturday. i may need to add me some glutamine to my preworkout to help recover. ya'll have a great training day!
Hope you stay healthy as well. Getting any kind of sickness sucks.

chefbo

chefbo

Awards
back fine today could have just beenthe rough weekend. we are out foro upper workout with the modern physique training program. i am having to modify it slightly because i am unable to do all the exercises for either health reasons or equipment lacking. but i still get the muscle group hit as hard. i will record tomorrow my weight , which i don't think has dropped even a pound still. i am eating enough of the right stuff and drinking water as much as i can. plus all the cardio. maybe it is water weight we shall see. have a great day everyone , get after it!

chefbo

chefbo

Awards
ok did upper last night . i am currently pushing 200+on close grip bench, my little ass pushing 200+ on close grip bench wtf!

this was a major workout for me really no rest between sets so i was completely done by the end

increase in sets and reps now into my 4th week of modern physique .

cg bench 6 sets of 6-10 wu was 100 , then 150,170 190, 200 , 210, 100 to failure
oh press 110 6 sets of 10
hammer strength incline press 180 6x10
behind the neck pulldowns 100, 130 130, for 10
lat pulldown 130, 120, 150 10-15
facepullls 110, 150,150 for 10 ea
pushdowns and oh extensions 130 for 6 sets of 10
pullovers 135 for 3 sets to failure
needed to do bb rows but couldn't get to the bar so subbed pullovers

15 mins cardio at 3.0 incline
up two lbs not sure what is happening there. i can't tell if i am losing any fat . i have no problem being this heavy but i want to see some movement somewhere.
should we be sweating more on this ?
the energy is there for sure really getting the most out of my workouts lately.

APC80

APC80

Awards
Waist measurement at navels a good indicator of fat loss/gain mate

chefbo

chefbo

Awards
abs last night and rest on to hopefully legs tonight . my daughter has a talent show i need to attend but it may interfere with my sons taekwondo class which he cannot miss since he is going for his black belt in two weeks.

setting at 188 thats two up since last week. i know two isn't much but i would much rather see it going down. as long as its muscle.

the one thing i am not seeing on this training program is muscle tightness like i used to have. tissue is softer than ever. pumps aren't there as much either.
i need to add a good nitric product like hemavol or something to flood these muscle with blood. even my warmups aren't doing it. but on the other hand i am getting so friggn strong !

chefbo

chefbo

Awards
sciatica kicked back up so i have been down a couple days no training just resting and mending.

should be able to train later after i mow the yard though.

cals are running about 2000-2500 but still not leaning out actually up a few pounds. haven't weighed since friday and i was at 187 .5 . up 3.5 lbs since the start.
doing fine on the control so far no problems what so ever and great energy .

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hmmmm, I'm not sure what to say about the weight gain. That's rather odd! You sure we sent you Control and not Command? Lol!
What's the mirror saying to you?

chefbo

chefbo

Awards
Hmmmm, I'm not sure what to say about the weight gain. That's rather odd! You sure we sent you Control and not Command? Lol!
What's the mirror saying to you?
no its control but the mirror has me looking flat . i used to be very well defined in the shoulder upper chest area but now its just smooth. it may be the training since i am not focusing on muscle groups but upper and lower body.
i can't believe im holding water with what i'm eating jsut got me abit confused but i'm pushing on , throwing more weight than before so it may turn a corner in a week or two. i have a true mind muscle connection now than before can really feel the muscle move when i hit it right. trying to stay positive and focus on the outcome . i'll probably have to throw in some sort if test booster or something to spur it along.

APC80

APC80

Awards
My god it's frustrating when you're killing yourself in the gym and starving yourself all day and the scale won't budge. Sounds like you're retaining water you could try arimistane for it.

chefbo

chefbo

Awards
My god it's frustrating when you're killing yourself in the gym and starving yourself all day and the scale won't budge. Sounds like you're retaining water you could try arimistane for it.
i've got some i may start this weekend and see. the pct im taking is a estrogen controler but i have been off cycle for two months before i started it. could be sodium intake that is doing it . still setting at 186 on the money. i was walking around the house yesterday all full and swole before my workout! freaky.

APC80

APC80

Awards
i've got some i may start this weekend and see. the pct im taking is a estrogen controler but i have been off cycle for two months before i started it. could be sodium intake that is doing it . still setting at 186 on the money. i was walking around the house yesterday all full and swole before my workout! freaky.
Mate I'm the same I freaked out a couple of weeks ago thinking I'd got fat, my face was round and my t shirts were really tight I looked and felt like **** but I think it was just water retention. Weight went from 186 to 189 overnight. I drink loads of water and I have a low salt intake and eat the same meals pretty much every day I've absolutely n bloody idea why I swole up like that. Back down to 186-187 now with the help of arimistane.

Those 3 lbs looked like 10 lbs as well it's amazing how holding a small bit of water can completely ruin your physique.

chefbo

chefbo

Awards
yes i am going to hit the ai today to see what happens. still at 186 not shaking a thing no matter what i do. i won't be able to train the rest of the week except waht i can get in at home .very busy with family things but i'll do abs, pushups i got some weight in the basement i can dig out and get some stimulation. gut is till there but i need to reel my diet in better. less carbs . my protein has been turkey beef and chicken so that is right . i just think too much bread may be hurting me.

chefbo

chefbo

Awards
did three miles of cardio last night only. try to hit the basement wieghts tonight .

chefbo

chefbo

Awards
i'll keep it where its at. i haven't weighed in aweek so we will see tomorrow night what has become of it. i haven't done cardio in aweek or more either so i am anxious to find out whats going on if anything. haven't trained since wednesday . work has been so hard i have just rested as much as i could friday , saturday and sunday. raining everyday makes it worst. like a deload without the workouts. i'll be glad to get back at it. on week seven of steve cooks modern physique. i am seeing improvement inmy pecs for and old guy . they are getting cut in the center. i have been pushing heavier loads doing bench at different angles so that is the reason for it i am sure. never have i pushed this much weight for so many sets. this test booster i have is the ****. for sure.

chefbo

chefbo

Awards
good morning all

still at 185
great upper workout last night +cardio

took my first control this morning with my coffee got a big day with a football banquet to cater. then training my boy tonight to get him stronger for 6th grade next year.
body weight exercises like the army. got to work off some baby fat from that boy. sorrily he failed his black belt test by not breakingone of his boards but he will try again in june.

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Too bad your boy didn't get his belt. That's got to be rather disappointing for him. Hopefully he can get it easily in June!

chefbo

chefbo

Awards
still at 185 . don't understand unless i am just keepig muscle . gut still there down 500 cals a day. eating pretty straight forward minimal sweets maybe a scoop of peanut butter or a scoop of ice cream in my whey shake. i do usually at work 3 eggs white only , yogurt for breakfast
. lunch is either a tuna or chicken salad sandwich on multigrain with an apple or banana, unless we have tilapia, chicken or beef on the menu that day with rice and broccoli.mid day shake prior to workout , dinner is usually chicken breast or thighs, beef or turkey patties with rice or potatoes. worked out tues, thurs fri and sat last week . i will miss friday and saturday of this week because of work so i may go m,t,w,th this week to make up.just puzzled , i feel no appetite suppression off of control , no jitteriness like before . after all i have take only one has really worked for me in the past. could just be my metabolism. not the product.

chefbo

chefbo

Awards
STILL AT 185 EVEN WITH carb cycling this week . minmal to no carbs until friday. workouts have been killer but still no weight loss. dropping carbs did tighten up my midsection some bloat went away. rough two days of work friday and saturday wore me out . back at it today semi rested i guess. have switched over to following anth bailes and leroy davis "bring the hurt " workouts . heavy doses of two muscle workouts . low reps to failure heavy weight to spur growth. still doing cardio at the finish.but since i walked at 15 miles between friday and saturday afternoon i figured i got that cover for the weekend. i hope whomever is doing this is seening results . Not knocking bps , i'm jsut not moving, but if it leans me out without losing muscle its all good to me.

chefbo

chefbo

Awards
finally down three pounds intermittent fasting is working but man do i get hungry. very temping to eat wrong when you're that hungry.

keep teh eye on the prize though. tried a sample pwo last evening , friggin up have the damn night . epic leg session very winded during it heart rate was 141 when i got on the treadmill for 20 . pulled a glute muscle on the leg press, so sitting is rather painful today . Can't RICE my ass so i'll have to suck it up i guess.

APC80

APC80

Awards
IF works I'm doing it now but only 12-13 hours any longer and I start to get REALLY hungry. I'm only doing it cos it means I feel less hungry during the day I find it easier not to eat in the morning but I'm down 5lbs in 6 days and 1/2 inch off my waist.