booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Welcome to my log for Scivation's new (and much anticipated) pre workout, Quake 10.0

Thanks to The Solution and 1Fast400 for the chance to try out this unique product. Over the next few weeks I'll be giving this a go over a variety of workout times, lengths, and intensities and will give my relative thoughts from each one.

The product and breakdown of ingredients:
QuakeSupplementFacts-e1488469572206.png

7G XTEND BCAAS
In the nature-designed and research-proven 2:1:1 ratio.

CAPROS®
Facilitates more oxygen delivery to working muscles – for a ground-rupturing muscle pump throughout your workout – and an efficient delivery of nutrient rich blood to the muscles for greater gains. Capros ensures your muscles can gorge on anabolic nutrients for a devastating performance and mega gains during your workout.

ARGININE NITRATE NO3T®
Arginine Nitrate delivers a sustained NO release ensuring your skin-splitting pump endures throughout your workout.

PEAK O2®
A revolutionary performance-enhancing blend that boosts power output, improves exercise capacity, and increases time-to-exhaustion.

ASTRAGIN™
Immune system support and improved bioavailability of nutrients.

L-TYROSINE
Helps to increase deep focus during stress.

L-THEANINE
A non-essential amino acid that provides cool, calm, focus without the jitters.

L-CITRULLINE
Provides steady, sustained increase in blood arginine, which increases recovery time in between sets.

L-CARNITINE & L-TARTRATE
Helps muscles burn fuel efficiently, which reduces fatigue.

CAFFEINE
Increased alertness and work capacity

How I will use this:

When I travel, I almost always train first thing in the morning (5:30am or so), but when I'm home, I prefer to train in the afternoons when I can. Weekends I always train first thing upon waking, but this is usually late morning (11am or so).

My diet is quite unique in that I only really eat for a few hours in the evenings. Through the day I fast, with only bcaas at lunch, and pre and intra-workout. If I workout in the AM, I will have a second dose in the mid-late afternoon. If I workout in the afternoon, lunch and the pre/intra doses only (none first thing in the AM). I typically eat my 1800 or so calories between 7-11pm and get the vast majority from protein. My split is something like 60p/20c/20f as this is the best ratio for me for satiety.

As for training style, I've been running a 6-day PPL/PHAT scheme that I designed/tweaked myself over the last few years. My workouts are usually about an hour long, with 2 heavier compound moves at the start, followed by 4-6 accessory moves. Workout days are T/W/Th/F/S/Su, with Monday's off (unless I just really feel great and wanna throw in some lagging work or something). I may try out some new things over the next few weeks (thinking HST maybe) to see how I like them.

If there are specific items anyone wants me to comment on, please feel free to drop them here! All thoughts, comments, criticism, and ideas are welcome! Lets get this bad boy RUMBLING!

DennisTheDane

DennisTheDane

Awards
  • Established
In boonbaby !!! Lets see what the fuzz is about

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Product has arrived at my house, so I will take my first dose this afternoon before hitting some random lifts (just can't wait). Here's the items I will comment on initially: (TO BE UPDATED POST WORKOUT)

Per logger instructions: ** Please Start with 1 scoop and then slowly work up to 2 scoops if you feel you need the extra kick and full dose from the label **
- Will dose 1 scoop, 20min pre, with an additional 10g of bcaas intra

Mixability -
- 1 scoop in 8oz of water. Gave it a few shakes and besides a slight foam (which dissipated in 10sec with a little swirling) no issues. It mixes nice and pink (my fav color ;) ) and rather cloudy and literally looks like liquid bubblegum ha.

Taste
- Flavor: Watermelon Bubblegum - definitely more of a "true" grape flavor vs what you think of in say a grape soda. Literally tastes exactly like bubblegum tho. In 8oz the flavor was VERY strong and I will 100% use 12+ oz tomorrow as this was just too much for my liking. The flavor is stellar tho so slightly toned down should be wonderful.

EDIT - haha totally didn't realize it was watermelon... I'll have to think hard again as I try today as I was analyzing based on assuming grape (stupid purple container haha).

There is a very mild chemical/odd sourish aftertaste but honestly I only noticed because I was really Looking for really minute details in the flavor. On a standard mix and chug, you'd prob never notice it.

Formula
- Breakdown the formula/ingredients and what you think
- What would you like to change or modify?

Workout Reaction:
** If you train fasted
- Thoughts on pre-workout, energy, and pumps

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Man on Man. I can't wait to see your brutal and honest feedback in here Boone.

I know you love to do the fasted training, but this product does truly shine with the added pump agents if you get a meal or two i(carbs especially) n prior to training. That will help bring out the vascularity and take your pumps to another level.

I look forward to the initial review, also it would be cool to note how you dose the product

How many scoops & How much water ---> how the taste was ---> This way you can find your sweet spot with the water/powder ratio
Workout reaction on Performance, endurance, pump, and energy

and any other insight about the product you find or want to share. Any side effects or things you note is a bonus. I look forward to your run!!!

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Man on Man. I can't wait to see your brutal and honest feedback in here Boone.

I know you love to do the fasted training, but this product does truly shine with the added pump agents if you get a meal or two i(carbs especially) n prior to training. That will help bring out the vascularity and take your pumps to another level.

I look forward to the initial review, also it would be cool to note how you dose the product

How many scoops & How much water ---> how the taste was ---> This way you can find your sweet spot with the water/powder ratio
Workout reaction on Performance, endurance, pump, and energy

and any other insight about the product you find or want to share. Any side effects or things you note is a bonus. I look forward to your run!!!
I may try this out fed one day if I feel like I'm not getting much from the pump aspects, just to give it a fair shake. Starting to cut though so calories are scant haha

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I may try this out fed one day if I feel like I'm not getting much from the pump aspects, just to give it a fair shake. Starting to cut though so calories are scant haha
Carbs will always have a better aspect on pump especially in essence with nitrates. You would only be limiting the possibilities with quake.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Subd

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Thanks all and welcome! And questions you want specifics on please throw them out there. Gonna update the post above with my initial thoughts here in a second

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Its not grape... Its "Watermelon" Bubblegum

A lot of people are saying its "Grape" which is pretty interesting. I tasted no grape when I had it.. Reminded me of this..

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Its not grape... Its "Watermelon" Bubblegum

A lot of people are saying its "Grape" which is pretty interesting. I tasted no grape when I had it.. Reminded me of this..

haha its the puple container throwing people's minds a curveball... like i mentioned tho, its not very grapey (now I know why haha) but much more like bubblegum. I said bubblicious to my gf yesterday (the old giant pieces... the goat for bubblegum). It should be interesting to see how my brain:tongue reacts now that I'm not "expecting" grape.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
haha its the puple container throwing people's minds a curveball... like i mentioned tho, its not very grapey (now I know why haha) but much more like bubblegum. I said bubblicious to my gf yesterday (the old giant pieces... the goat for bubblegum). It should be interesting to see how my brain:tongue reacts now that I'm not "expecting" grape.
I think you just need some more carbs to fuel that brain of yours after a long 18 hour fast ;)

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Initial Workout/Impressions

Per logger instructions: ** Please Start with 1 scoop and then slowly work up to 2 scoops if you feel you need the extra kick and full dose from the label **
- dose 1 scoop, 20min pre, with an additional 10g of bcaas intra

Mixability -
- 1 scoop in 8oz of water. Gave it a few shakes and besides a slight foam (which dissipated in 10sec with a little swirling) no issues. It mixes nice and pink (my fav color ;) ) and rather cloudy and literally looks like liquid bubblegum ha.

Taste
- Flavor: Watermelon Bubblegum - definitely more of a "true" grape flavor vs what you think of in say a grape soda. Literally tastes exactly like bubblegum tho. In 8oz the flavor was VERY strong and I will 100% use 12+ oz tomorrow as this was just too much for my liking. The flavor is stellar tho so slightly toned down should be wonderful.

EDIT - haha totally didn't realize it was watermelon... I'll have to think hard again as I try today as I was analyzing based on assuming grape (stupid purple container haha)... its always funny how your brain can influence your taste buds (i.e. "thinking" you dislike something and it tastes bad/worse due to that)

There is a very mild chemical/odd sourish aftertaste but honestly I only noticed because I was really Looking for really minute details in the flavor. On a standard mix and chug, you'd prob never notice it.

Formula (for one scoop):
>L-Citrulline - 3000mg: glad to see straight l-cit vs cit-mal as I find this more effective for myself. This is a decent, albeit slightly low dose (4-6g is more typical). This is one of my favorite pump ingredients (and one of the few that seem to work for me) so I'm very happy with its inclusion.

>Xtend BCAA's - 3500mg: for someone training fasted, and wanting a full dose, this wont cut it. 5-7g is usually whats expected so at 1 scoop this is a bit short.

>L-Tyrosine - 1500mg: again, a little on the low side for this dose (2g+ is more typical), but not useless. A good acute focus and anti-stress aid. Do not mix it with yohimbine tho or you're gonna have a bad time (from personal experience, its AWFUL); for this reason, there will be times when this pre will not fit with my cutting as I very much enjoy the effects of y during a cut.

>Peak O2 - 1000mg: half a dose. At one scoop this will only have minimal impact, and especially if you're not working out every day then this becomes basically useless as there is a need for buildup for max effects. if stacking with bulk or xtend perform, its ok, but otherwise not really.

>Arginine Nitrate - 750mg: again, half a dose, but nitrates are fairly effective even lower dosed so this is still a decent addition even at one scoop for some pumps.

>LCLT - 750mg: same as above... half a dose...

>Capros - 500mg: not an ingredient that I know much about or have experience with... can't comment other than to say that per the description its used to improve pumps and nutrient delivery.

>Caffeine Anhydrous - 175mg: many will say this is on the low end, but I think this is a good starting point. Especially for 1 scoop, if you have too much it would be overkill at 2sc. I like this dose.

>L-Theanine - 100mg: a good dose to go with the caffeine dose. This will help make the caffeine mroe subtle and create more of a focus effect from the stimulation.

>Astragin - 75mg: another ingredient i'm not intimately familiar with, but is expected to aid in focus, pump/nutrient uptake, and immunosupport.

Overall, the formula is great, but a good chunk is on the underdosed side at a single scoop. For me (using only "paper" analysis), the single scoop dosages are totally underwhelming and I will almost certainly bump the dose up to get max benefit after a few workouts.

The stimulant version is simple, but should provide a decent buzz and energy to get you moving. It will in no way ever come close to dmaa types for that cracked out feel, but 350mg at a full dose will have most people zooming. The combo of ingredients should provide a good amount of prolonged focus even at a single scoop and I would expect some very serious focus from a full dose. While the pump ingredient dose is slightly on the low side at a single scoop, it should help many people. At a full dose I expect this to really be a top notch product with citrulline and nitrates together.

Workout Reaction: So, now the part everyone wants to know... How did it REALLY perform?

Well, lets just start by saying I was STUNNED. I took my dose at my house (10min drive to the gym) and then finished up grabbing my stuff. I got delayed a bit with the gf asking some questions so I began to feel the effects kicking in very quick. I had been without even a bcaa dose for 5 hours or so prior to the workout so I was almost 18hrs fasted. 10min or so I began to get "chatty" and felt a slow building of energy. By the time I was on the road, I was in a great mood, singing along to the radio, and really zoned in on getting to the gym. A very nice flow of energy coming on (not a rush at all).

The workout yesterday was a "whatever" day. It was late (6:30pm), I was short on time, and it was busy as all hell with all the bros there for chest day. Reminded me why I never go that late and take monday off ha. I did a whole bunch of misc exercises on whatever was open; some tricep rope pushdowns, face pulls, db bench presses, db bicep curls, db shoulder presses, machine pullovers and lat pullowns. Random reps for everything as I just picked random weights so reps ranged from 6-8 to 20+. All in all my workout lasted about 40min and was pretty high paced.

Focus - this was great. i was totally zoned in on each exercise I was doing, and even with all the distractions around me I found myself really getting good contractions and squeezes. It helped that I wasnt focused on a number of reps or weight, but i definitely felt better than I normally do in terms of being "in the zone".

Energy - just enough. this was exactly what i wanted for a late day workout. enough of a boost to get me going and keep me pushing from first set to last, but not so much that I was bouncing off the walls or was still feeling it late at night. I was pleasantly surprised at how much energy I had as 175mg of caff really isnt a ton and I felt like during my workout it was more, but after, it seemed to calm down a lot and just slowly taper off over about 3hrs or so. By 11pm I was totally back down so no issues sleeping or anything and no crash at . Overall a very smooth ride up and down. Along these lines, mood was also stellar during and post workout (when I'm normall hangry as all hell).

Pump - I expected a better than average pump as I had 2 days prior filled with carbs so I was as full as I will be this entire log (usually only have 1 cheat/refeed day each week at most)... what I didn't expect was to get one of the best pumps I've had in probably 2yrs (since starting fasting and lowering carbs significantly) from just a single scoop. Obviously there was some serious carryover from the weekend, but I was still throughly impressed. I had a wicked forearm pump from the pulldowns at the end of my workout and some nice vasculrity (especially considering my current bloat from the weekend ha). This was far and away the most shocking (in a good way) part of the workout. Really excited to see if this keeps up (obviously to a somewhat lesser extent with lower carbs) and what 2 scoops can bring to the table as this combo seems to work very well for me.

Stamina - not something that really was measurable from a random workout like this so I will come back to this in follow-ups

Overall, workout 1 was a fantastic experience all around. I was shocked at how well this performed at even a single dose. I honestly had pretty low expectations for every aspect outside of the energy component so this was truly a surprise. I was going to jump right to 2 scoops, but may hold off for at least another workout or two in order to create an even better baseline for reference of what a single scoop can do.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Boone,
Could not ask for more detail and honest feedback there,
With your impressions off 1 scoop. I think 2 scoops is going to blow you away in all aspects.

Can't wait to see you give 1 scoop maybe 1-2 more cracks, 1.5 a few cracks, and then 2 scoops and see what you think at all doses.

Thanks again!

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Boone,
Could not ask for more detail and honest feedback there,
With your impressions off 1 scoop. I think 2 scoops is going to blow you away in all aspects.

Can't wait to see you give 1 scoop maybe 1-2 more cracks, 1.5 a few cracks, and then 2 scoops and see what you think at all doses.

Thanks again!
sure thing. no reason to make anything up! I just could not believe how well things went at only 1 scoop. still cant get over that cuz i was all set to just jump right to 2 scoops in a day or two. Makes me glad cuz ill get more workouts from it now ha

I'm thinking I'll prob stick to 1sc for the next 3 hypertrophy days, then 1.5sc for the 3 power days this weekend; next week i'll do the hypers at 1.5 and power at 2, then all week at 2. mabe throw in a random power day at 1-1.5 depending how im feeling just to see somewhere along the line

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
sure thing. no reason to make anything up! I just could not believe how well things went at only 1 scoop. still cant get over that cuz i was all set to just jump right to 2 scoops in a day or two. Makes me glad cuz ill get more workouts from it now ha

I'm thinking I'll prob stick to 1sc for the next 3 hypertrophy days, then 1.5sc for the 3 power days this weekend; next week i'll do the hypers at 1.5 and power at 2, then all week at 2. mabe throw in a random power day at 1-1.5 depending how im feeling just to see somewhere along the line
Forgot to highlight on the ingredients you needed some more information on.
capros was included to aid pump, you may also note excessive sweating from it (kind of like a thermo feeling). You can also find it helps with DOMS reduction.

Astragin - helps with absorption of ingredients. Especially amino acid, vitamin & mineral absorption (hence the BCAA's in the formula). It was in Myokem's amino beverage which would help the shuttling of aminos even faster into the bloodstream. PLUS stacking this with xtend or xtend perform helps the electorlytes be shuttled to the cells faster. Which for endurnace athletes or trainees is a benefit.

Following . Waiting to place my order.
Why? Plenty of places have it at discount right now for intro sales.. wait and you may miss out... If you need details let me know

JAMES1980

JAMES1980

Awards
Forgot to highlight on the ingredients you needed some more information on.
capros was included to aid pump, you may also note excessive sweating from it (kind of like a thermo feeling). You can also find it helps with DOMS reduction.

Astragin - helps with absorption of ingredients. Especially amino acid, vitamin & mineral absorption (hence the BCAA's in the formula). It was in Myokem's amino beverage which would help the shuttling of aminos even faster into the bloodstream. PLUS stacking this with xtend or xtend perform helps the electorlytes be shuttled to the cells faster. Which for endurnace athletes or trainees is a benefit.

Why? Plenty of places have it at discount right now for intro sales.. wait and you may miss out... If you need details let me know
I am from Malaysia. Thinking of including other items in my order so as to save the shipping cost .

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
So, trial number two was a good bit different than day 1, mostly due to circumstances/situation... Dose was the same, 1scoop, 20min pre for another (too) late afternoon workout at like 6pm (hate this).

Taste - so, as i tried 8oz yesterday and found it too strong, I went with 12oz and this was just about perfect. Still plenty sweet and not watered down. Also, now that I realized that it's supposed to be watermelon, I was able to taste that aspect a bit more. Frankly, the majority of the flavor is that of bubblegum, with a subtle/lesser amount of the watermelon. Think of the old bubblicious gum (those huge blocks) and dull down the watermelon a bit and this is exactly what it tastes like. More water also helped to get rid of any odd aftertaste as well so I recommend this.

Energy - day 1 i really felt things come on and build, but not nearly as much day 2. I think it was somewhat because of my mood (my gf's, who just moved in saturday, dog chewed off a part of the door frame to the basement which frustrated the hell out of both of us) and the fact that I went to a planet fitness to workout with the gf (who just was whiney and flustered about the dog the whole time) but there definitely was not as much of a "punch".

Focus - this was the major aspect that I felt stuck to the same level as the first day. When I wasnt talking to the gf, I was dead set on my exercises which was great becuase PF sssuuuuccckkkssss and is full of morons doing the most distracting, dangerous, and frankly ridiculous things (most of which can hardly be called "exercise").

Pump - this was still a hypertrophy focused workout with reps in the 10-15 range, but pumps certainly were not on the level of day 1. Im sure this was heavily due to the drop in carbs, but worth a note. I did feel there was a better pump than having taken nothing though so there is certainly benefit at even 1 scoop.

So far nothing to note in terms of recovery, performance increase, etc. I really do not expect to see much in terms of this for some time and especially until the doses go up to 2sc as that's where peakO2 is actually useful.

Overall, not a great workout, and one to write off as just a bad day, but also the effects from Quake were definitely somehwat lessened by the lack of excessive carbs. Worth noting that that will make a VERY big difference for anyone.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Get some carbs in that pre-workout meal so you can make the nitrates truly shine Dan.
Its always best to allocate your glucose when it matters most (pre) especially to fuel a workout.

I know you like to backload almost all your calories post-workout, but it would help the experience, pump, and run of this product if you could.
But again thats my 2 cents, up to you to rock it that way if you prefer.

Again 100% love the honesty. Get that stress off your shoulders and get to crushing it.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Get some carbs in that pre-workout meal so you can make the nitrates truly shine Dan.
Its always best to allocate your glucose when it matters most (pre) especially to fuel a workout.

I know you like to backload almost all your calories post-workout, but it would help the experience, pump, and run of this product if you could.
But again thats my 2 cents, up to you to rock it that way if you prefer.

Again 100% love the honesty. Get that stress off your shoulders and get to crushing it.
I dont have a pre workout meal and frankly wouldnt have a chance to eat one if i wanted 99% of the time. Morning workouts are straight out of bed and afternoon ones are after busy days at work (the biggest reason I eat like I do anyways is I don't even take a lunch break since I have meetings with other timezones... some days I have to literally go to the bathroom while on the phone or with my laptop ha).

like I said, maybe a weekend I might try it out, but only being able to eat 1800cals I dont have much to play with and still actually enjoy a meal that would satiate me. Big stomach, small metabolism problems.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I dont have a pre workout meal and frankly wouldnt have a chance to eat one if i wanted 99% of the time. Morning workouts are straight out of bed and afternoon ones are after busy days at work (the biggest reason I eat like I do anyways is I don't even take a lunch break since I have meetings with other timezones... some days I have to literally go to the bathroom while on the phone or with my laptop ha).

like I said, maybe a weekend I might try it out, but only being able to eat 1800cals I dont have much to play with and still actually enjoy a meal that would satiate me. Big stomach, small metabolism problems.
allocating 30-50g of carbs may be worth it , because with the added nitrates and throwing carbs into the mix will only enhance that aspect of the product.

I get your point, but maybe something small you can eat in the car even if its a granola bar, some rice cakes, and something that digests easy can make a difference in the big picture here.

again just thinking out loud, but again up to you on how you want to do things.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
allocating 30-50g of carbs may be worth it , because with the added nitrates and throwing carbs into the mix will only enhance that aspect of the product.

I get your point, but maybe something small you can eat in the car even if its a granola bar, some rice cakes, and something that digests easy can make a difference in the big picture here.

again just thinking out loud, but again up to you on how you want to do things.
yeah, slight acute workout performance (when I really dont need it either since my workouts are great as-is) is not worth sacrificing 1/9 or more of my daily cals for zero enjoyment. Just not gonna happen unless its a cheat day.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
yeah, slight acute workout performance (when I really dont need it either since my workouts are great as-is) is not worth sacrificing 1/9 or more of my daily cals for zero enjoyment. Just not gonna happen unless its a cheat day.
Cheat meals and refeeds are Anabolic

Throw in some Oreos or cereal before training and I bet you would blow up

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Cheat meals and refeeds are Anabolic

Throw in some Oreos or cereal before training and I bet you would blow up
the hardest decision on those days is which of the 10+ limited ed. oreos I want haha

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
In to see how Quake treats you as well sir! Let's do this

ryane87

ryane87

Awards
  • Established
In!

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Is there any other valid solution? I think not
10 oreos be a bit much pre.
Honestly if you took down 3-4 that should supply you a good dose of carbs and really help energy/pump.
I know you love the 1 meal a day thing, but there may be much more merit with the carbs added pre, but hard with your schedule.

But I am still amazed you are getting the pumps and that much in a fasted state.
I only got to try 2 scoops total (1 scoop 2 different times) In a fed state, and damn i was impressed.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
10 oreos be a bit much pre.
Honestly if you took down 3-4 that should supply you a good dose of carbs and really help energy/pump.
I know you love the 1 meal a day thing, but there may be much more merit with the carbs added pre, but hard with your schedule.

But I am still amazed you are getting the pumps and that much in a fasted state.
I only got to try 2 scoops total (1 scoop 2 different times) In a fed state, and damn i was impressed.
Haha o wouldn't have to eat them all at once ;) cheat days I usually eat at least two meals.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Yesterday's workout was pull hyper. I was superfrustrated becuase coming home form work, the gf's dog had broken out of her cage, and chewed even more of the door frame in my basement... not good. Dog has some serious separation anxiety right now.

So, once i got all the mess cleaned up, I decided I wanted to really kill my workout to vent. I took 1.5scoops to get a real kick from it. 18oz of water was just right for me here (12oz/sc seems to be my sweet spot).

As it was the last few days, the energy slowly built as I got to the gym. I got in there and was absolutely zoned in. It was partly because I wanted to just rage in my own head, but definintely I noticed I was just really focusing on hand placement, mind muscle connection, and all the details of my lift and not even seeing or "feeling" anyone around me. Deads went smooth as butter and everything I did I was pretty much able to get that 1 extra "rage rep" with the frustration.

For me, being mad can be great or awful as sometimes I just cant get my head into the lift and others I just want to crush the weights so bad I can lift anything. Yesterday was the latter. A good therapy day.

Pumps were reasonably decent as well... certainly more pronounced at 1.5 than 1 (lower carb) the day before. The one thing about my pumps when lower carb is that I lose my pump in minutes. usually i sit in the sauna for 15min or so after a workout and by the time I get out im usually back to "normal"... these have lasted a bit longer and I still have a decent bit (not rock hard, but "fuller") even after the sauna and a shower.

All in all, 1.5 was perfect for what I wanted yesterday.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
About how long are you feeling the energy lasting? and how long are your workouts?
I am going to guess about 2-3 hours in length?
Very smooth? Jittery? How would you describe it

Good to hear about the pumps... even running on empty thats pretty damn impressive to note.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sorry to hear about the dog, Dan. Glad you had a good workout, though.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
About how long are you feeling the energy lasting? and how long are your workouts?
I am going to guess about 2-3 hours in length?
Very smooth? Jittery? How would you describe it

Good to hear about the pumps... even running on empty thats pretty damn impressive to note.
1 scoop seemed to fully taper off around 3hrs or so while 1.5 lasted a tad longer.

Honestly it's really hard to tell as it's such a smooth ride up and down that you almost don't notice you're going until you think about it and when coming down (since you're not "cracked out") it's slow and almost unnoticeable. Nowhere near a point where you say "ok, that's the end".

Workouts are usually 1hr almost on the dot unless I'm forced to superset for time restrictions or something. 90% I'd say are +\- 10 min of 60 and never over 75min except possibly 1rm days.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Sorry to hear about the dog, Dan. Glad you had a good workout, though.
Yeah I'm super bummed cuz it's so fun having a giant snuggly brute to play with but she's having a really tough time getting used to the new place and not having anyone there sometimes. My gf lived at home and her dad is on disability so even when she went on vacation and stuff there was someone to let her out every few hours and such.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
1 scoop seemed to fully taper off around 3hrs or so while 1.5 lasted a tad longer.

Honestly it's really hard to tell as it's such a smooth ride up and down that you almost don't notice you're going until you think about it and when coming down (since you're not "cracked out") it's slow and almost unnoticeable. Nowhere near a point where you say "ok, that's the end".

Workouts are usually 1hr almost on the dot unless I'm forced to superset for time restrictions or something. 90% I'd say are +\- 10 min of 60 and never over 75min except possibly 1rm days.
3 hours off one scoop. Can't wait till you crack 2 scoops . It's gonna get real in here :)

ryane87

ryane87

Awards
  • Established
Yesterday's workout was pull hyper. I was superfrustrated becuase coming home form work, the gf's dog had broken out of her cage, and chewed even more of the door frame in my basement... not good. Dog has some serious separation anxiety right now.

So, once i got all the mess cleaned up, I decided I wanted to really kill my workout to vent. I took 1.5scoops to get a real kick from it. 18oz of water was just right for me here (12oz/sc seems to be my sweet spot).

As it was the last few days, the energy slowly built as I got to the gym. I got in there and was absolutely zoned in. It was partly because I wanted to just rage in my own head, but definintely I noticed I was just really focusing on hand placement, mind muscle connection, and all the details of my lift and not even seeing or "feeling" anyone around me. Deads went smooth as butter and everything I did I was pretty much able to get that 1 extra "rage rep" with the frustration.

For me, being mad can be great or awful as sometimes I just cant get my head into the lift and others I just want to crush the weights so bad I can lift anything. Yesterday was the latter. A good therapy day.

Pumps were reasonably decent as well... certainly more pronounced at 1.5 than 1 (lower carb) the day before. The one thing about my pumps when lower carb is that I lose my pump in minutes. usually i sit in the sauna for 15min or so after a workout and by the time I get out im usually back to "normal"... these have lasted a bit longer and I still have a decent bit (not rock hard, but "fuller") even after the sauna and a shower.

My pit has massive separation anxiety and that bastard is 12! LOL Wish I could toss some ideas to you. I have a fcking petting zoo on my property, you would think I would be more useful in this regard. Hopefully the situation will improve!

Making Quake sound even more appealing. I thought it would be really good, but getting verification from solid members is a bonus.

JAMES1980

JAMES1980

Awards

Following your log since Day 1. Submitted my order 5 minutes ago. Watermelon Bubblegum. Gonna be the first person to get Quake in Malaysia (i think so).

One of the most interesting review i have ever seen. Bodybuilding and life. ☺.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Following your log since Day 1. Submitted my order 5 minutes ago. Watermelon Bubblegum. Gonna be the first person to get Quake in Malaysia (i think so).

One of the most interesting review i have ever seen. Bodybuilding and life. ☺.
haha thanks man... gotta include those outside factors when they make a big difference. I know at least for me, even tho I am really good at "compartmentalizing" and just boxing thoughts and issues into an obscure corner of my mind, that there are times and things that even still make a world of difference if channeled correctly (or incorrectly for that matter). For me, lifting is a part of my life, and life is a part of my lifting so there is certainly impact from one to the other.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Legs hyper yesterday:

1.25ish scoop (just kinda went with a "rounded" scoop since I felt i didnt need a huge kick, but wanted to see any potential difference between 1-1.5), 16oz of water (went slightly heavier on this to see how far i can stretch the flavor - i like to use as much as possible just becuase drinking more water is always better and when it tastes good, bonus!)

Can I tell you how much I hate front squats?... so so much. But I feel they're really important/helpful for me building better abdominal pressure and strength in order to brace my core which will in turn help my squats and deads. Theyre just so uncomfortable tho...

I took this dose a bit closer to my workout since i was already on the road and took in about 10min before arriving, and say 15min total before my first rep. The energy definintely was still slowly coming on so there wasnt exactly that same level of drie and focus I ahve come to expect on set 1. That said, the slow buildup did lead to a nice warmup right into good reps and by about my 3rd set I could notice the difference in focus, drive, and mood. Mood is one aspect that I really have not talked much about yet, and frankly didn't expect too much in but I have noticed that there has been a significant rise in my "good vibes" feeling during and post workout. I have always gotten a bit of the "exercise high", but i notice a difference in both my mindset in the gym (more lighthearted and not just dead focused on the weights and "killing" my lifts - I often catch myself just looking around and thinking how much I want everyone else out of the gym ha) as well as post workout (hangry usually describes me when im getting home to make/eat dinner. An interesting aspect that I attribute to the type of energy and the way it is such a smooth up and down taper. The slow ride down seems to ensure that I keep my "high" a bit longer than normal, and even when the endorphins wear off, I still have a bit of that energy boost that's keeping me upbeat.

The difference between 1, 1.25, and 1.5 was really only in the initial "kick" energy, and only VERY slightly different between 1/1.25 and 1.25/1.5 (as one would expect with a "low/moderate" stim product).

So far, 1.5 has been my favorite for the combo of "strong" energy, pumps (obviously), as well as longevity. I will go with 1.5 today for my push power, and then try out 2 tomorrow for pull power (heavy rack pulls) and (assuming all goes well) sunday for legs power.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
2 scoops on legs power is gonna be lethal. better get the oreo's ready :)

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
2 scoops on legs power is gonna be lethal. better get the oreo's ready :)
nah ive got a couple weeks before I refeed/cheat again... between the cruise I went on a couple weeks ago and having a fun weekend last weekend while the gf moved in ive got some fluff to shed before I get back on my normal scheduled saturday cheats

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
double

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
nah ive got a couple weeks before I refeed/cheat again... between the cruise I went on a couple weeks ago and having a fun weekend last weekend while the gf moved in ive got some fluff to shed before I get back on my normal scheduled saturday cheats
its st patty's day
Celebrate with a shamrock shake brah..

anabolic :)