Olympus Labs Orig1n

JCR97

JCR97

Awards
Doing my first log so let me know if you guys want me to give you more info on this. I will be running 1 bottle which is 4 weeks there is 3 capsules to take daily therefore 90 capsules. I am currently weighing 176lbs at 13% body fat I am 5ft11 and 19 years old.
My current max lifts are:
250lbs bench press
340lbs deadlift
260lbs squat

I am going to be working out 5x a week.
I am going to be eating 5% above me total daily expenditure which is equal to 3k calories.
My macros are in % 45C/25P/30F
This translates to a little over 1g of protein per lbs of bodyweight.

Olympus Labs Orig1n log:
Bottle looks great I love that it has the benefits on the front of it. Benefits are stated as:
-Increased appetite & improved digestion/nutrient uptake
-Increased grehlin release & myogenic synthesis
-Accelerated recovery & tissue healing
-Enhanced ribosome biogenesis
-Increased IGF-1 signaling

JCR97

JCR97

Awards
DAY 1: Couldn't wait so I took a dose at night.

Took 1 pill 15min before my night time weight gain shake with 1% milk this shake is 900 Cals it is Xlean Mass by PHP Edge usually I feel extremely full after this shake and I can say that after 1 pill the shake went down a lot easier than usual I'm not sure if this is a placebo effect or if it's actually working I will definitely know the difference as time goes on.

Angrypolak

Angrypolak

Awards
You and I are pretty close on strength and macros. I've got a recomp with follidrone and a lean bulk with ARA and ABE already purchased. Next on my list was Massmax or Orig1n...so definitely in on this.

JCR97

JCR97

Awards
You and I are pretty close on strength and macros. I've got a recomp with follidrone and a lean bulk with ARA and ABE already purchased. Next on my list was Massmax or Orig1n...so definitely in on this.
How do you like follidrone so far?

Angrypolak

Angrypolak

Awards
Not there yet! I'm finishing up my cut with OL Assass1nate. I've got three weeks left.

I'll run a log though, so I'll let you know when I'm started.

JCR97

JCR97

Awards
Not there yet! I'm finishing up my cut with OL Assass1nate. I've got three weeks left.

I'll run a log though, so I'll let you know when I'm started.
Perfect thanks man I'll definitely toss you a sub!

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
In on this!

VO2Maxima

VO2Maxima

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
In for your thoughts. I would definitely expect to see some solid progress. :)

JCR97

JCR97

Awards
DAY 1: BACK
I have got all my Calories (3000) and I have to say that jeez they come down like nothing. I could easily jack it up to 3500 but I'm not sure wether I should or not what'd you guys think?

Also I am going to start a creatine mono cycle and I have begun my loading phase.

My morning weight 176lbs got in about 10h sleep cause day off in college

This afternoon's workout I had great energy and a great pump I worked out for about 1.5h and my energy started to dip towards the end although this is normal

Took all 3 Capsules 15min before my meals as directed by Olympus Labs

Tylerclee

Tylerclee

Awards
  • Established
DAY 1: BACK
I have got all my Calories (3000) and I have to say that jeez they come down like nothing. I could easily jack it up to 3500 but I'm not sure wether I should or not what'd you guys think?

Also I am going to start a creatine mono cycle and I have begun my loading phase.

My morning weight 176lbs got in about 10h sleep cause day off in college

This afternoon's workout I had great energy and a great pump I worked out for about 1.5h and my energy started to dip towards the end although this is normal

Took all 3 Capsules 15min before my meals as directed by Olympus Labs
I would probably ease my calories up, but fwiw Orig1n made for a very lean bulking season IME

Tylerclee

Tylerclee

Awards
  • Established
OK I'll keep them at 3k
My last statement might have been misinterpreted. I was saying that I had my calories rather high and still kept my gains fairly lean.

JCR97

JCR97

Awards
My last statement might have been misinterpreted. I was saying that I had my calories rather high and still kept my gains fairly lean.
Oh my bad, yes I did misinterpret it. I will watch my weight this week if it doesn't go up I will increase it by 500 cals.

JCR97

JCR97

Awards
DAY 2: CHEST

Just completed day 2 and I have to say that the calories are definitely kicking in a lot easier. My bench however was the same today as last week although I wouldn't expect gains right away and I also worked out back yesterday. Pump was awesome and muscles felt fuller than before I started (I give credit to the calories which indirectly is caused by orig1n and it's appetite boost) overall I'd give my workout an 8/10.

Legs have also recovered a lot quicker than usual so will be doing legs tomorrow. Hopefully see a 2 plate rep PR.

Weighed in at 178lbs today.

Day 1 of my creatine Monohydrate load is complete. (5gx3)

Took 2 pills 15 min before meals and last pill with my meal.

Also just finished my 1st bottle of DAA. I stacked it with Dim and will be using DIM for the next couple weeks to get back to homeostasis (200mg/Day). Also with DAA I did not find I had an easier time building muscle or gaining strength but I did feel a lot dryer I'm not sure wether I'd credit that to DIM or DAA because it was my first time using either product.

8h sleep last night.

Angrypolak

Angrypolak

Awards
Also just finished my 1st bottle of DAA. I stacked it with Dim and will be using DIM for the next couple weeks to get back to homeostasis (200mg/Day). Also with DAA I did not find I had an easier time building muscle or gaining strength but I did feel a lot dryer I'm not sure wether I'd credit that to DIM or DAA because it was my first time using either product.
Out of curiousity, what are you taking DIM for? Estrogen control? If so, the recommended dosage is 100mg (per Examine) and too much DIM can actually impact both estrogen and DHT (something you don't want).

I just try and incorporate broccoli into my diet, but if supplemented I probably wouldn't go past 100mg.

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Out of curiousity, what are you taking DIM for? Estrogen control? If so, the recommended dosage is 100mg (per Examine) and too much DIM can actually impact both estrogen and DHT (something you don't want).

I just try and incorporate broccoli into my diet, but if supplemented I probably wouldn't go past 100mg.
He is right. DIM is on the naughty list of anti-androgens.

JCR97

JCR97

Awards
He is right. DIM is on the naughty list of anti-androgens.
Oh damn I read that you shouldn't do 300mg my pills are 200mg size... And yeah to offset estrogen from aromatization of DAA but regardless I probably won't go back to DAA I was looking at Layne Norton's video about test boosters and he said that you'd have to go at a super physiological level in order to actually feel any anabolic difference.. so IMO based on what he said it seems test boosters are junk unless you're using them as PCT or trying to get back to normal range.. because a boost from 400-700 in test won't do anything you have to surpass 1000 by large margins like pro hormones put you in the realm of 3000 or so

So I wasted money lol should of done better research thanks boys

JCR97

JCR97

Awards
DAY 3: LEGS AND ARMS

I got 2 workouts in today and I am eating so many calories I'm kinda scared of getting fat lol although it's all clean foods the Orig1n sup is very effective for helping you get calories in I feel like I'm basically always ready for a feast and that I never get indigestion.

Workouts were hype full of energy.

Got 8h sleep.
Hit PR on legs and deads.

Day 2 of creatine loading is done.

Happy flex Friday.

xtyler

xtyler

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
DAY 3: LEGS AND ARMS

I got 2 workouts in today and I am eating so many calories I'm kinda scared of getting fat lol although it's all clean foods the Orig1n sup is very effective for helping you get calories in I feel like I'm basically always ready for a feast and that I never get indigestion.

Workouts were hype full of energy.

Got 8h sleep.
Hit PR on legs and deads.

Day 2 of creatine loading is done.

Happy flex Friday.
Stay self-disciplined! Don't turn this into a dirty bulk. I know, the appetite boost can be noticeable but...don't let the beast take control ;)

JCR97

JCR97

Awards
Stay self-disciplined! Don't turn this into a dirty bulk. I know, the appetite boost can be noticeable but...don't let the beast take control ;)
Thanks man! I'll keep control of it.

JCR97

JCR97

Awards
DAY 4: OFF DAY

Took it easy body needs repair after working 6 days in a row.

Recovery is increased.

Ate clean and kept it at 3k.

Day 3 of monohydrate complete

Tomorrow will train shoulders

JCR97

JCR97

Awards
DAY 5: OFF DAY

Took another off day considering I have 2 exams tomorrow and I felt like crap coming down with a cold (stupid Canada weather 2 days ago was 2 degrees Celsius and yesterday was -28 degrees Celsius flux in weather hit hard) so we'll see how well Orig1n might do for an immune system boost.

Although I did get all my Calories in the entire body is feeling recovered.

Tomorrow is shoulders and squats.

Day 4 of creatine monohydrate loading done. Question should I do 7 or 10 days for loading?

Also will start posting numbers for the big 3 lifts. So I can evaluate the improvements.

JCR97

JCR97

Awards
DAY 6: SHOULDERS

I had a decent workout although I don't know of any good shoulder routines with lots of volume. Could you guys recommend some? Tested my bench and squat and both got PRS on them. Things are looking good.

Food is very easily digestible almost feels like I'm funneling in food with Orig1n lol so for anyone who has a hard time eating or even if it's easy but you would rather be comfortable while eating this definitely works.

Day 5 monohydrate complete.

Weighed in at 182 this morning although after workout weighed in at 179 so definitely bloating or water weight but we will see in the next few days.

Got 7.5 hours of sleep.

JCR97

JCR97

Awards
DAY 7: BACK
I have noticed that Orig1n does enhance recovery. Lately I have been able to workout a lot harder (as in more volume) and not be as sore the next day. My back workout was great I did GVT 10X10 on rows and this morning I am sore but still able to train chest usually I would of needed a day off. My MRV has increased with Orig1n.

Day 6 of monohydrate complete I will be going up to 10 days. As I don't feel fully saturated.

Got 7h of sleep weighed in at 181.

Angrypolak

Angrypolak

Awards
Seems like good progress 1 week in!

Creatine does add a bit of water weight for me, which might explain the 4lb jump when just going 5% over maintenance. I'd definitely stay "clean" at 3k at least another week. If you don't see weight gains this week, you can look at bumping calories a bit more (though I'd recommend going up in 250 cal increments, not 500).

JCR97

JCR97

Awards
Seems like good progress 1 week in!

Creatine does add a bit of water weight for me, which might explain the 4lb jump when just going 5% over maintenance. I'd definitely stay "clean" at 3k at least another week. If you don't see weight gains this week, you can look at bumping calories a bit more (though I'd recommend going up in 250 cal increments, not 500).
Sounds good thanks man!

Angrypolak

Angrypolak

Awards
Also, my medial delts were lagging badly in development from never doing isolation exercises and doing loads of incline bench, military press, and rows. I found an article from Chad Waterbury that suggested doing 100 reps of lateral raises per day, every day, for 30 days. My shoulders still aren't as developed as I want, but they are MUCH more balanced.

So when I move into my bulk next month, I'm going to try the "500 rep shoulder workout" (google it). I can't say how well it will work at this point, but it may be worth checking out if you don't feel you have a good routine at the moment, even if you only incorporate some of it.

JCR97

JCR97

Awards
Also, my medial delts were lagging badly in development from never doing isolation exercises and doing loads of incline bench, military press, and rows. I found an article from Chad Waterbury that suggested doing 100 reps of lateral raises per day, every day, for 30 days. My shoulders still aren't as developed as I want, but they are MUCH more balanced.

So when I move into my bulk next month, I'm going to try the "500 rep shoulder workout" (google it). I can't say how well it will work at this point, but it may be worth checking out if you don't feel you have a good routine at the moment, even if you only incorporate some of it.
My shoulders are my weak point in my physique and I legit don't know how to make them bigger so I'll definitely start that off now! Thanks man I'll do it in a couple hours and I'll definitely let you know how it goes!

xtyler

xtyler

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
DAY 7: BACK
I have noticed that Orig1n does enhance recovery. Lately I have been able to workout a lot harder (as in more volume) and not be as sore the next day. My back workout was great I did GVT 10X10 on rows and this morning I am sore but still able to train chest usually I would of needed a day off. My MRV has increased with Orig1n.

Day 6 of monohydrate complete I will be going up to 10 days. As I don't feel fully saturated.

Got 7h of sleep weighed in at 181.
Well, the mere Robuvit alone significantly boosts performance in experienced triathletes...

JCR97

JCR97

Awards
Well, the mere Robuvit alone significantly boosts performance in experienced triathletes...
Yeah that's true man all I got to say is I'm impressed with the results I'm getting with the orig1n/creatine stack feels like beginner gains lol cause almost every workout is a PR

JCR97

JCR97

Awards

I tried the lateral raises and it gave a nasty pump I started off with 15lbs I only got up to like 35 reps and then I had to quickly switch to 10lbs which I finished in 2 sets 35/30 I kept the dumbbells in my hands though and it was roughly a 10-15 sec rest. Almost like it felt as though I was allowing the blood to get there cause it felt like the pump was rushing in and with the rest it's like I gave the pump a chance to get there and then squeeze in my final 65 reps to really pump the volume.

Pardon for the confusing post it's just very hard to explain.

I also did it for calves.

Angrypolak

Angrypolak

Awards
Awesome man. Yeah, I always feel like my arms will fall off at the shoulders after that! One thing I forgot to mention, is don't go too heavy if you're going to do them daily. I was doing 5lbs (which feels VERY silly) but getting them done in one straight set, and the pump was there, but I was also ready to do it again the next day. If your going to do them every other day or just on shoulder day, going heavier may work great, just don't want to see you end up hurt on a suggestion I made cause I forgot a detail.

I've never tried that on calves. For me, calves have always responded best with 3 second hold at bottom and 3 second hold at top. You achilles is the thickest tendon in your body and I've read a lot of people just use the "rebound" of the tendon more than muscle itself when doing fast reps.

JCR97

JCR97

Awards
Awesome man. Yeah, I always feel like my arms will fall off at the shoulders after that! One thing I forgot to mention, is don't go too heavy if you're going to do them daily. I was doing 5lbs (which feels VERY silly) but getting them done in one straight set, and the pump was there, but I was also ready to do it again the next day. If your going to do them every other day or just on shoulder day, going heavier may work great, just don't want to see you end up hurt on a suggestion I made cause I forgot a detail.

I've never tried that on calves. For me, calves have always responded best with 3 second hold at bottom and 3 second hold at top. You achilles is the thickest tendon in your body and I've read a lot of people just use the "rebound" of the tendon more than muscle itself when doing fast reps.
OK sounds good I'll definitely go lighter for next time man!

Also forgot to add that for the calves I did like a modified version although I followed the principal or endurance training. I was on the treadmill for 5min at a high incline not sure what your machine is but mine indicated about an 12.0 incline at about 4.2mph. Probably the nastiest calve pump I've ever felt feels like they'll burst through the skin lol.

JCR97

JCR97

Awards
DAY 8: CHEST

Did not achieve PR on bench although considering I did push as much as I usually do although not as much volume with the fact that I did GVT 10x10 for rows yesterday I would say that's pretty good. I did what Angrypolak informed me on (100 reps Chad Waterbury) and it's definitely worth it will be pursuing until the end of the my Orig1n bottle. Tomorrow will be arm day.

Weighed in at 181 this morning so starting to stabilize.

Day 7 of creatine monohydrate loading done got 3 more days.

Last edited:
VO2Maxima

VO2Maxima

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
DAY 8: CHEST

Did not achieve PR on bench although considering I did push as much as I usually do with the fact that I did GVT 10x10 for rows yesterday I would say that's pretty good. I did what Angrypolak informed me on (100 reps Chad Waterbury) and it's definitely worth it will be pursuing until the end of the my Orig1n bottle. Tomorrow will be arm day.

Weighed in at 181 this morning so starting to stabilize.

Day 7 of creatine monohydrate loading done got 3 more days.
Yeah bench (if you're doing it right) uses back way more than people think. If you can bench well the day after a hard back day, either you didn't go hard enough on back day or you're benching wrong. ;)

JCR97

JCR97

Awards
Yeah bench (if you're doing it right) uses back way more than people think. If you can bench well the day after a hard back day, either you didn't go hard enough on back day or you're benching wrong. ;)
I wasn't comfortable while benching that's for sure my body was feeling wrecked but I pushed through it and got in only like 3 sets of 10 at 185 which last workout I usually get in like 5-6 of 10. Must be the monohydrate boost. My bar for the bad review on day 8

VO2Maxima

VO2Maxima

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I wasn't comfortable while benching that's for sure my body was feeling wrecked but I pushed through it and got in only like 3 sets of 10 at 185 which last workout I usually get in like 5-6 of 10. Must be the monohydrate boost. My bar for the bad review on day 8
Oh I absolutely don't blame you for a "bad" review, you should write what you experience, regardless of whether it's positive or negative. :) More just saying don't feel bad about bench not going well the day after hitting back hard! That's totally normal. If you continually do it, eventually you'll adapt to it, though if you're going for a PR, I'd say to deload leading up to it.

In other news, my training group switched around days on me and apparently we're benching today, right after pulling conventional yesterday. I don't normally pull convo but was doing a sort of easier week/deload/doing variations rather than competition lifts after competing over the weekend, so my back is all wtf about that, so I fully expect bench today to be a sh*tshow, so I am in the same boat hahaha.

JCR97

JCR97

Awards
Oh I absolutely don't blame you for a "bad" review, you should write what you experience, regardless of whether it's positive or negative. :) More just saying don't feel bad about bench not going well the day after hitting back hard! That's totally normal. If you continually do it, eventually you'll adapt to it, though if you're going for a PR, I'd say to deload leading up to it.

In other news, my training group switched around days on me and apparently we're benching today, right after pulling conventional yesterday. I don't normally pull convo but was doing a sort of easier week/deload/doing variations rather than competition lifts after competing over the weekend, so my back is all wtf about that, so I fully expect bench today to be a sh*tshow, so I am in the same boat hahaha.
I feel you man although like you said the body does adapt for sure! I love the feeling of being uncomfortable but keep pushing forward feels like you're accomplishing more lol

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
And a great addition to the Olympus Labs team of reps I might add!