Kaprice Goes for the FINAL 20 POUNDS!

Kaprice

Kaprice

Awards
  • Established
I'm starting this new log because my other one started as a sponsored log and stopped being that quite a while ago.

Also, I had somewhat stalled in progress so this seemed like a good chance to start fresh.

My previous log is here:
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/284283-evomuse-fat-loss.html

Background Summary:

Some time around April 2016, I was 267 pounds. And it wasn't muscle!

I've been working out consistently since then -- and watching what I eat, but not really DIETING. I also consumed a LOT of supplements, starting with EvoMuse and ending with Get Diesel.

The scale stalled at 240 pounds for a couple of months, while strength gains continued. A couple weeks ago, I started losing weight again and I'm currently at 234.2.

That's a 33 pound loss since April. Not bad but could have been better.

My goal is 215. 20 more pounds to go.

At that weight, I think I'll be very comfortable with the way I look and feel. That said, I'm certain I would still look like most people's BEFORE picture at 215 rather than anyone's ideal AFTER picture.

Once I reach 215, I want to try to stabilize there -- make that my new normal. Then I'll re-evaluate and see if I want to go lower.

I was a very fit 185 in college.

I'll post starting measurements and pictures for reference within the next few days.

I'm working on tweaking my workout. I'm planning on moving to drop sets. I'm leaning towards:

5 sets of each exercise, trying to add one more rep at one notch lower weight each set. So, set one would be at or close to a 1 rep max. Set two would go down one notch in weight and try to hit two reps. Etc, for 5 sets.

I'll also be moving from free weights to machines for most of this -- primarily for the ease and quickness of moving to lower weights. I'll try to limit my rests between sets to just the time it takes to lower the weight setting.

I'll be doing 4 count negatives.

For scheduling reasons, my workouts will be Monday, Wednesday, Friday one week and then Tuesday, Thursday the next. 1:00p.

My workout time is limited to 70 minutes.

Now that it's warming up a bit, here in Utah, I may start jogging on the off days.

I'm also toying with the idea of doing pushups every day or just on off days.

I haven't decided what I'm going to do with my eating, but I'm leaning towards this: On workout days, just having protein shakes, pre-workout drink (JP8x Hardcore), Intra workout (RPG), post workout (Nos Ether) and whatever the family makes for dinner. Then I'm going to try really hard to limit snacking after dinner.

On non-workout days, I'm leaning towards upping my protein, with a focus on bacon and eggs.

That's a bit backwards, but I've found I don't like working out with food in my stomach.

For my Supplements:

Apple Cider Vinegar
Forskolin Extract (Nature Bound 250mg, yielding 50mg of actual forskolin)

EvoMuse Brite
EvoMuse SuperNova topical.

Protein (alternating between Combat Protein and Gold Standard Whey)

Diesel Test Pro
Ready4War (until my current bottle runs out)
Nos Precursor

JP8X Hardcore
Nos Ether
RPG

Octradrene Hardcore (Mid morning)
EC (Mid Afternoon)

Just before bed:
IML Dream Grow.
(I have trouble getting to sleep. I also have bad sleep habits, so I'm going to work on getting to bed before midnight each day.)

I also have a partial bottle of EvoMuse Gut Health, which I plan on taking 2 or 3 times a week for maintenance.

Kaprice

Kaprice

Awards
  • Established
[RESERVED FOR FINAL PICTURES, MEASUREMENTS, AND MY THOUGHTS ABOUT THE JOURNEY]

Kaprice

Kaprice

Awards
  • Established
[RESERVED FOR STARTING PICTURES AND MEASUREMENTS]

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Yup. It's amazing you've gotten so far even though you have done it all backwards. :)

Just playing man. You have done great work. You know I am in for this!

Kaprice

Kaprice

Awards
  • Established
Yup. It's amazing you've gotten so far even though you have done it all backwards. :)
You're not totally wrong. I've certainly been lax in my eating discipline. It's remarkable I've done so well without depriving myself at all.

The only thing I've done "properly" is avoid eating prior to dinner -- limiting my intake to protein shakes and pre/intra/post drinks.

Then I've enjoyed anything and everything for dinner -- pizza, pasta, hotdogs, whatever. Often including desserts and some late night snacking.

So, to be where I'm at without EVER feeling deprived is wonderful.

BUT I recognize I'd be a lot farther in my progress if I'd shown more discipline and I intend to do that for these last 20 pounds. NOT HIT4ME DISCIPLINE, but a more reasonable discipline that won't kill me, make me hate my life, or destroy my metabolism! :)

Kaprice

Kaprice

Awards
  • Established
Today was shoulders. I'm going to continue doing Shoulder Rehab work on shoulder day because

1) What I've been doing has been helping a LOT.

2) My shoulders get a big workout on Chest, Arms, and Back day.

3) My shoulders aren't at 100%, yet.

I'm amazed at how tiring 60 minutes of roller, stretching, and light weight ROM exercises can be.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
You're not totally wrong. I've certainly been lax in my eating discipline. It's remarkable I've done so well without depriving myself at all.

The only thing I've done "properly" is avoid eating prior to dinner -- limiting my intake to protein shakes and pre/intra/post drinks.

Then I've enjoyed anything and everything for dinner -- pizza, pasta, hotdogs, whatever. Often including desserts and some late night snacking.

So, to be where I'm at without EVER feeling deprived is wonderful.

BUT I recognize I'd be a lot farther in my progress if I'd shown more discipline and I intend to do that for these last 20 pounds. NOT HIT4ME DISCIPLINE, but a more reasonable discipline that won't kill me, make me hate my life, or destroy my metabolism! :)
Lol....Even hit4me doesn't have hit4me discipline. It comes and goes. I am trying to get it back. I do have to say - for me, the PSMF actually NEVER really left me miserable. It actually felt good to be "light" and I wasn't hungry all that much. It wasn't until I went crazy with cardio that things fell apart.

I try to follow the Hemingway code: man can be destroyed, but not defeated. Lol

And doing what I have been doing certainly isn't a long term strategy. It is just kind of....A temporary hobby or something. Long term...I still have learning.

If it means anything, I kind of suspected you would get to the point you are at. I did roughly the same thing. I started off telling myself I didn't need to diet at all...And I lost about 50 pounds over a couple years and stalled. I stayed there until someone on here suggested the PSMF - an idea I had actually arrived at myself in college (it isn't brain surgery) and was always too afraid to try. I had all this stuff in my head saying I was going to become anorexic or bulimic or kill myself. It was all Beverly Hills 90210 with Donna ODing on diet pills - type red flags. Then one day I said to myself...I have been working for almost 3 years and I don't even look like I work out. Time to make progress. And I jumped on PSMF because it worked for me. The point being, I think we all have similar journeys and it is easy to forget that we are at different points in the journey - I've been watching you a lot because, well, I've been waiting for this log. The point in the journey where you finally say, "I actually think I got this. I want people to see what I've been working at. Let's take it to the next level."

You probably don't need the PSMF because honestly, you were probably never as far gone as me. I mean, I was 300 I am sure at some point and I am only 5'8''. My scale said I was something like 58% Bodyfat at the time, which meant that only 120 of those 300 pounds was lean. I had bad apnea and I am lucky I didn't have a heart attack and/or diabetes. It was pathetic...And at 33-34 years old I am glad I changed.

You have a reasonable approach, and you work hard, and I am glad to see you taking on the next challenge.

Even if you are wrong about everything :). (or is that me? Who knows)

Kaprice

Kaprice

Awards
  • Established
A guy who I respect suggested I end each workout with cardio. But that was before I let him know that I'm limited to 70 minutes each session. I asked if he still thought I should end with cardio since it means cutting an already fairly short workout even shorter.

But, he's a busy guy and I haven't heard back.

My thinking is I'll be better served lifting the entire time and then do cardio on off days.

Thoughts?

Kaprice

Kaprice

Awards
  • Established
So, one of my big challenges has been getting to bed at a decent hour. I've built up a very bad habit of getting to bed between 1 and 3:30 AM.

As a result, my body is NOT ready to sleep at the more reasonable 11:00 or 11:30pm. I tried multiple times to get back on a good sleep schedule but that always ended up with me lying in bed, wide awake for a couple of hours. That was always so unpleasant and frustrating that I could seldom get myself to do it again the next night.

ENTER DREAM GROW, by IML

I was researching the best sleep aids and came across Dream Grow. Great reviews on getting to sleep, having a deep sleep, and muscle recovery.

So, I bought a bottle and had one cap for the first time last night. I took one cap at 10:30p.

Then I went to bed at 11:00p. It worked! I drifted off to sleep quite easily and fairly quickly.

The one drawback the reviews mentioned was dry mouth, and I definitely had that. I didn't sleep through the whole night. I woke up 2 or 3 times due to heart burn and I definitely had a very dry mouth. I had a big glass of water on my night stand in anticipation, and boy did I need it.

Heart burn could have been from Brite or some the handful of chips I had around 9:30. Or maybe from some dry roasted peanuts. I haven't yet stopped my after dinner snacking. Still working on that.

But after just one dosing, I'm quite happy with Dream Grow. I'll try an 11:00 bedtime again tonight and see if it continues to work.

My hope is that I won't need to keep taking it once my body and mind gets used to the new schedule.

wesb2387

wesb2387

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
So, one of my big challenges has been getting to bed at a decent hour. I've built up a very bad habit of getting to bed between 1 and 3:30 AM.

As a result, my body is NOT ready to sleep at the more reasonable 11:00 or 11:30pm. I tried multiple times to get back on a good sleep schedule but that always ended up with me lying in bed, wide awake for a couple of hours. That was always so unpleasant and frustrating that I could seldom get myself to do it again the next night.

ENTER DREAM GROW, by IML

I was researching the best sleep aids and came across Dream Grow. Great reviews on getting to sleep, having a deep sleep, and muscle recovery.

So, I bought a bottle and had one cap for the first time last night. I took one cap at 10:30p.

Then I went to bed at 11:00p. It worked! I drifted off to sleep quite easily and fairly quickly.

The one drawback the reviews mentioned was dry mouth, and I definitely had that. I didn't sleep through the whole night. I woke up 2 or 3 times due to heart burn and I definitely had a very dry mouth. I had a big glass of water on my night stand in anticipation, and boy did I need it.

Heart burn could have been from Brite or some the handful of chips I had around 9:30. Or maybe from some dry roasted peanuts. I haven't yet stopped my after dinner snacking. Still working on that.

But after just one dosing, I'm quite happy with Dream Grow. I'll try an 11:00 bedtime again tonight and see if it continues to work.

My hope is that I won't need to keep taking it once my body and mind gets used to the new schedule.
DnG is awesome man. Glad you enjoyed it!

Kaprice

Kaprice

Awards
  • Established
My goal is 5 pounds a month. So, 4 months to reach it. I HOPE to do better than that.

I feel reasonably confident because I was stable for about 3 months. So, it's not like I just lost 30 pounds and now I want to lose another 20. It's almost like I'm starting fresh. So, at least the next 10 pounds SHOULD come off relatively easily because it's like taking of the FIRST 10.

Also, it's Valentines Day and I'm going to have a big yummy dinner with my wife and then enjoy a bucket of buttered popcorn, large sugary drink, and a movie tonight! Passengers.

:saeek:

Kaprice

Kaprice

Awards
  • Established
I had been jogging before winter but had to stop both because of the weather and because I started pulling leg muscles when I ran.

But, it warmed up a bit here, so I decided to jog on today's off day.

I may have over done it, though.

I went 2 miles without stopping -- though it was at an embarrassingly slow pace of 12:14 / mile. The route is a loop around a small park with an elevation change of around 600 or 700 feet.

It's about a 1/4 mile to the park, so I used that as my warm up and cool down walk.

I did the first mile in 11:36 and the second in 12:51.

I thought I was feeling pretty strong but as soon as I stopped, my leg muscles immediately began to seize up. I stretched and kept them from cramping, but it was a near thing. The walk home was brutal.

I forgot to take forskolin and apple cider vinegar this morning.

I had a breakfast of 3 bacons and 2 eggs.

Tried half a scoop of JP8x pre run, but I'm not sure JP8x is best suited for cardio. Since I haven't been running for a few months, I have no idea whether the drink helped or not. I don't have anything to compare it to.

It's 3:00 now and other than the bacon and eggs and JP8x, all I've eaten is about a dozen dry roasted peanuts. Oh, and I had a serving of Nos Ether post run.

I won't have anything between now and dinner/movie.

I'll take some EvoMuse Defuse prior to dinner to help reduce the damage.

Kaprice

Kaprice

Awards
  • Established
DANG! It's almost 4:00p now and I'm still feeling wiped out from my jog. I feel weak, tired, and every so often have a coughing fit. I'm such a wimp!

Kaprice

Kaprice

Awards
  • Established
Date night didn't affect the scale (I didn't gain weight) -- Pad Thai w/ Sweet & Sour Chicken, 3/4 bucket of buttered popcorn, large soda pop, half a dozen chocolates.

That said, it's reasonable to assume I'd have LOST weight if I hadn't indulged.

My legs are rather sore and weak from yesterday's 2 mile run. Even my shins. That's motivating me to keep at it so I can do 2 or 3 miles without it killing me.

OH CRAP! I just checked and today is... LEG DAY. (ugh!)

I got to bed just before midnight. I took Dream Grow about 11:20p. I was again able to drift to sleep reasonably well. Still waking up around 3 or 4 with heartburn -- but that's been going on for months. Nothing to do with Dream Grow.

Slept till 9a. It's 11 now and I'm actually feeling a bit tired. (sigh)

I applied Invictus and SuperNova this morning. Took my supps and protein shake for breakfast. Workout in 2 hours.

11:30a, took OctraDrene Hardcore and had a short nap.

Feeling a bit better now.

Kaprice

Kaprice

Awards
  • Established
So, I ended up spending the bulk of my leg workout doing stretches and roller work. My only real exercise was 2 sets of 42 lunge walks. And even that just about killed me. Ended with a session on the hydrabed focused on lower body.

Today was my first attempt at a full dose (1 scoop) of JP8x Hardcore. A full scoop might be too much for me. Gave the slight shakes and general feeling of unpleasantness. Part of that might be that I didn't actually LIFT after taking it. Maybe by lifting, it gives the jitters a place to go.

Next time I'll either try 3/4 scoop or add Nos Ether to it. Or both. The ether is supposed to negate some of the stim.

Kaprice

Kaprice

Awards
  • Established
On an embarrassing topic...

Any of you older guys have trouble with pee dribblers?

It seems no matter how hard I shake, tap, or milk my guy after peeing, I always end up with more dribbling out once I put it away.

Anyone else have that? Or, am I an aberration?

Any solutions to it?

Kaprice

Kaprice

Awards
  • Established
Someone suggested a short session of kettleball swings for cardio at the end of my workout.

Thoughts?

I'd never considered kettleball before but after a bit of googling, they appear to be very popular and a good way to get cardio while getting muscle building benefits.

But, it seems to me there are a lot of ways to injure yourself with swings. Hamstring pulls seem likely. Shoulder stress. The thought of locking my knees at the top makes me cringe.

Who's done kettleball swings? Who likes them? Who hates them? Why?

Kaprice

Kaprice

Awards
  • Established
I've been doing a modified IF plan for almost a year -- It's so modified that it could hardly be called IF. But, basically, I'd go without solid foods until dinner. Instead, I'd rely on protein shakes and other pre/intra/post drinks.

I now feel like my body (metabolism) has adjusted to that and it has become less effective. My main reason for coming to that conclusion is that I really struggle to eat anything in the mornings now.

I had 3 bacon strips and 2 eggs and had to force myself to get it all down. (And I LOVE bacon.)

So, I'm going to keep forcing a protein-rich breakfast on myself each OFF day to see if that jump starts my metabolism.

My legs are still sore from my 2 miler on Tuesday. My shins feel like their an inch away from becoming splints. My calfs and hams and quads hurt when I walk and especially when I use the stairs.

That tells me I really need to get back to jogging so my legs can handle it. But, it also means I probably won't run today. I MAY do a 2 mile walk. We'll see.

No drop on the scale, yet.

I'm keeping up on my stack.

Kaprice

Kaprice

Awards
  • Established
Dream Grow is still doing wonders for me.

I take it about 30 to 45 minutes before I want to go to bed and by the time it rolls around, I find I'm very drowsy. I hit the bed and drift off quite quickly.

For 3 days in a row, I've gotten to bed before midnight. Once was before 11:30p. That's a record for me! :)

I don't sleep straight throughout the night, but I do get back to sleep reasonably quickly when I do wake up.

I can't say I'm waking up with great energy, though. I'll keep monitoring that.

Kaprice

Kaprice

Awards
  • Established
It's been over 3 hours since my relatively small breakfast and I'm still feeling quite stuffed.

I've only had water, supplements, and a serving of Nos Ether.

I feel like I should east SOMETHING for lunch -- again to get my body used to processing food throughout the day, but the thought of eating right now makes me want to gag!

It's possible it's because of the EC I took a couple of hours ago.

Maybe I'll change my breakfasts to 2 bacons and 1 egg and see if that allows me to be hungry enough to have some kind of lunch. Just on my off days.

Kaprice

Kaprice

Awards
  • Established
One cap of Dream Grow didn't make me drowsy last night, so I took another one just before going to bed. I ended up going to bed at 12:30a, was a bit later than my goal.

I feel like it took a bit longer to get to sleep than the last few, but still WAY better than before I started taking Dream Grow.

Woke up at just 1/2 pound higher than my lowest post workout weight.

Today is Bicep/Tricep day -- at 1p.

Kaprice

Kaprice

Awards
  • Established
Something rather annoying started happening about a month ago. My body decided arriving at the gym is the ideal time for a bowel movement. Ignoring my body didn't work out so well. So, I end up losing 5 to 10 minutes of my already limited gym time. UGH!

Today was bicep/tricep.

But, because I was trying something new, I didn't time everything right and ended up only getting one bicep exercise in. Still, I left the gym with noodles instead of arms. It's been almost two hours since I got back and my arms are still shaking a bit. Kinda hard to type this.

The gym was annoying busy today. There are four pulley stations and they were all taken much of the time I was there. I had to change the order of my workout around.

My plan was to do 5 drop sets in pyramid fashion. Start with something close to 1 rep max, go down a weight and do 2 reps, down a weight, 3 reps, etc. But, I'm not dialed in yet. In the case of the Machine Sitting Tricep Press, 205 was more than I could do and the next weight down was too light for just 1 rep. But then I wasn't able to consistently go up a rep on each new set.

PLUS, I'm either going to have to do fewer sets or fewer exercise because I ran out of time today and couldn't get all the bicep work in.

All sets are with 4 count negatives and as short a rest as I can handle -- the goal is to take no more time than it takes to change the weight. But sometimes I need a longer rest and I take it.

Tri machine sit press
190 x 8
175 x 9
160 x 8 feeling in chest, too
145 x 9
130 x 10

Stand tri pully down
85 x 5
70 x 7
60 x 8
50 x 9
40 x 11

EZ bar tri french press
50 x 8
40 x 15
30 x 20
20 x 25

Preacher Cable Curls
47.5 x 8
37.5 x 9
27.5 x 10
17.5 x 11

Post workout weight was same as morning weight -- including 28 oz of morning protein shake, 15 oz water with jp8x/Nos Ether, 15 oz RPG intra.

And a small BM just before the workout.

As I mentioned last time, a full scoop of jp8x was too much for me. Today I did 3/4 scoop plus 1/2 sc of Nos Ether. No jitters or discomfort, but I'm not sure I felt any big boost during the workout, either.

I might try a full scoop plus half a Nos Ether next time.

I need to do body measurements and "starting" pictures, but I'm procrastinating. But if I wait too long, they'll be useless as "before" pics and stats.

Kaprice

Kaprice

Awards
  • Established
I'm not really noticing any of the stated benefits of taking the Get Diesel products. I don't feel younger, stronger, or have a higher libido. I don't feel more aggressive.

And I won't know if it's helping my body composition or not until I take those dang measurements! And pics!

The one product I definitely feel a difference with is Nos Ether. I feel it best on off days. It gives me a bit of energy and focus while I work. I like it.

OTOH, I don't really have anything to compare to because I have no idea how I'd feel if I weren't taking this stuff. And I don't think skipping a single day is enough of a test.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm not really noticing any of the stated benefits of taking the Get Diesel products. I don't feel younger, stronger, or have a higher libido. I don't feel more aggressive.

And I won't know if it's helping my body composition or not until I take those dang measurements! And pics!

The one product I definitely feel a difference with is Nos Ether. I feel it best on off days. It gives me a bit of energy and focus while I work. I like it.

OTOH, I don't really have anything to compare to because I have no idea how I'd feel if I weren't taking this stuff. And I don't think skipping a single day is enough of a test.
I like the NOS ether! My son is trying their DTP. He also stated that he doesn't feel it strength wise but his aggression is up and acne flared up.
Did you notice signs for higher test , like: acne, oily skin, shorter fuse?

Kaprice

Kaprice

Awards
  • Established
Kaprice

Kaprice

Awards
  • Established
2 in the AM
2 late afternoon

and on workout days, 2 pre workout.

Plus 2 Ready4War daily
and 4 Nos Precursor daily

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Give it some time, you are not taking steroids here.

Kaprice

Kaprice

Awards
  • Established
Give it some time, you are not taking steroids here.
Yeah, I know. But this is after going through a bottle each of Diesel Test and Diesel Raw.

I'm not overly concerned. Just a bit sad I'm not feeling a big difference.

Kaprice

Kaprice

Awards
  • Established
I gotta tell you Burn Xtreme is powerful stuff. I can't take it if I'm going to be sitting at my desk. But it's WONDERFUL if I'm going to be doing physical work, like cleaning out the garage or yard work -- and presumably lifting at the gym.

But it's way too jitter inducing if I'm going to be sedentary.

I'm organizing my office right now and the energy and motivation from this stuff is strong, but my hands are still shaky from it.

Kaprice

Kaprice

Awards
  • Established
I did a run/walk of 2 miles today, plus 1/4 mile to the park for warmup and 1/4 mile back for cool down.

Total time: 25:43.

Each lap around the park is a little less than 1/3 of a mile. And it's a bit hilly.

After running the first lap non stop, I started running half and walking half.

My heart rate monitor said I was fairly consistently at 165 to 170 bpm at the end of the running portion and about 145 bpm at the end of the walking portion.

My legs definitely didn't like the experience, but at least they didn't lock up like they did my previous (non-stop) 2 mile run.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I hope you aren't taking EC and Burn Extreme. That could end badly. Haha.

The EC the other day is likely the reason you were not hungry. It is the gold standard that all other things chase.

As far as not feeling the Get Diesel stuff...A lot of supplements have very minor effects. What I have noticed sometimes is that the supplements I THINK are working actually turn out to do nothing when I look back, and some products I think aren't doing sh1t I realize they were doing something AFTER I stop taking them. Going from normal to the benefits weren't noticable, but after the benefits are gone it becomes very noticable

Kaprice

Kaprice

Awards
  • Established
I stopped taking Burn Xtreme a couple months ago because I didn't like how I felt.

But today, I wanted a boost while rearranging my office and I thought I'd try BX to see how it does for physical labor. I think it helped quite a bit. I had plenty of energy and motivation, even though I did still get the trembles and a bit chilly.

But, I'll be reserving BX for only days that I'm doing a few hours of physical work. Never if I'll be sitting at my desk.

Normally, I take Octradrene Hardcore in the morning and EC in the afternoon. I don't feel any real kick from either, but I do think the appetite suppressant works. And, I'm hoping there's some fat burning going on.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Are you using primatene or bronkaid for the ephedrine? How much you taking? How much caffeine?

I don't think EC has much of a kick, but the appetite suppression works and part of the great thing about it is you don't always even notice it is working.

Kaprice

Kaprice

Awards
  • Established
Bronkaid. And it's a 200mg pill of caffeine.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Double the bronkaid if you want...But not when taking other stims.

Kaprice

Kaprice

Awards
  • Established
Double the bronkaid if you want...But not when taking other stims.
You mean no other stims all day? Or, just not within proximity of taking bronkaid?

I take Octradrene Hardcorer in the morning and JP8x Hardcore pre workout.

Normally take EC around 5p

Kaprice

Kaprice

Awards
  • Established
HIT4ME, what's your current favorite stim?

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I am saying within 5-6 hours. Taking at 5 MAY give you some sleep issues.

Ephedrine is my favorite stim. DMAA is second I'd say. Or Rauwolscine. I am pretty tolerant of stims (I can drop a full grown of caffeine without a single regret). They don't usually hit me super hard.

But the irony is, when I do get hit hard, just a little too hard, I hate that feeling. I like a lot of stuff that wakes me up without stims effects...Which is probably why Ephedrine is a favorite of mine. ALCAR, Phenylpiracetam, Tyrosine, sulbutiamine, etc. Are great non-stim stims and I use those a lot.

Kaprice

Kaprice

Awards
  • Established
Caffeine doesn't seem to hit me hard, but SOMETHING in BurnX as well as something in JP8x does smack me down.

The catch 22 I have with later day stims is that I'm really tired after dinner. I find it hard to be productive. So, I like a stim. BUT, I also have trouble getting to sleep if I try before midnight.

So, it's hard to know how late in the day I can take a stim w/o it affecting my sleep.

So far, Dream Grow has been a wonderful sleep aid.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Caffeine doesn't seem to hit me hard, but SOMETHING in BurnX as well as something in JP8x does smack me down.

The catch 22 I have with later day stims is that I'm really tired after dinner. I find it hard to be productive. So, I like a stim. BUT, I also have trouble getting to sleep if I try before midnight.

So, it's hard to know how late in the day I can take a stim w/o it affecting my sleep.

So far, Dream Grow has been a wonderful sleep aid.
You ever take Yohimbine by itself? Both of those products have Yohimbine and it is a polarizing ingredient. Some people love it, some people can't take it at all. It really messes me up. Nervousness, cold chills and sweats at the same time and major insomnia. I actually have used it to my advantage when I've had big days ahead of me and no sleep behind me. If I take it, I CANNOT sleep for a LONG time. Like..Over a day if I dose enough.

My guess is the Y in those two products doesn't agree with you.

Kaprice

Kaprice

Awards
  • Established
I've taken VERY small quantities in powder form (from powder city dot com) and did not have an adverse reaction. Not sure what the quantities are in those other products. But that certainly could be the problem.

Kaprice

Kaprice

Awards
  • Established
No pics, yet, but I did get around to doing measurements.

My last measurement was about 2.5 months ago.

I've highlighted in yellow the areas in which I feel there was good improvement -- though it's not a lot for almost 3 months of work. However, this does include holidays, where I didn't try to be all that careful.

As I've said before, it's hard to know if shrinking size is actually good, since I'm also lifting. For example, I dropped 1 inch in my flexed chest. Well, is that because I lost a lot of fat? Or because my chest workouts aren't doing much? I think the number here that's significant is the variance between flexed and relaxed. For the area right below the man boobs, It's a full 5 inch variance! I'll call that a win -- and conclude it's a combination of fat loss and muscle gain.

I lost a half inch in my flexed bicep. Is that due to fat loss or failing arm workouts? I DO think my last arm measurement was soon after an arm workout, so there would have been some pump involved. Today's measurement was 3 or days after my last arm day.

A full inch loss in the sucked in belt area is also very positive.

All in all, I'm happy with the change in measurements from 2.5 months ago.

I'll try to do pictures some time this week.

2017-02-21_16-16-11.png