Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
1st off big thanks to heavyiron and to mmorso for making this happen....

my 1st two experiences were not good ones...the first time I mixed 4 yellow scoops into my mixer cup with about 6oz water-30 minutes later I was puking my guts out...2nd experience wasn't much better-put 2 scoops in 6oz water, 40 minutes later I was puking again...I was just about to give up when I found brandinoo's parachute method and decided to give it one last try...I put 1 scoop into single ply tissue and chased it back with water-I did two of those=2 scoops. after around 40 minutes I began to feel relaxed and after 1.5 hours did notice less pain in my knee. since my knee pain was the reason for wanting to try kratom I looked at this as success...I've since used kratom twice, each time using 2 parachutes=2 scoops. it seems like the pain relief for me anyway is cumulative, the pain relieving effect has gotten stronger with regular use.

I think I m going to try mixing with orange juice and see how that goes.....?

mmorso

mmorso

Awards
  • Established
thebigt that's great to hear that it's helping with the knee pain!!! It's much easier to stay focused and functional on Kratom than on pain meds...

Insofar as the taste is concerned, another thing I recently discovered is mixing it with ground cinnamon, which I should take regularly anyway.. I think saywutrly mixes his with cinnamon and applesauce and can't taste it.

Anyway, I'm subbed man I'm looking forward to reading about your experience

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
thebigt that's great to hear that it's helping with the knee pain!!! It's much easier to stay focused and functional on Kratom than on pain meds...

Insofar as the taste is concerned, another thing I recently discovered is mixing it with ground cinnamon, which I should take regularly anyway.. I think saywutrly mixes his with cinnamon and applesauce and can't taste it.

Anyway, I'm subbed man I'm looking forward to reading about your experience
that is something to consider if the oj doesn't work out!!!

mmorso

mmorso

Awards
  • Established
that is something to consider if the oj doesn't work out!!!
The OJ might be really acidic and harsh on the gut... idk I'm interested to see how it goes. I've never had a problem drinking Kratom but sh1t, I was the king of drinking gut rot malt liquor (steel reserve) in college lol

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
The OJ might be really acidic and harsh on the gut... idk I'm interested to see how it goes. I've never had a problem drinking Kratom but sh1t, I was the king of drinking gut rot malt liquor (steel reserve) in college lol
lol...I m a recovering alcoholic---BUT I haven't drank in 20 years!!! I really hope either the oj or applesauce works, I really don't like eating all that paper!!!

heavyiron

heavyiron

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I mix it in OJ or a chocolate protein shake but new users should keep the dose low. 2 scoops max brother

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I mix it in OJ or a chocolate protein shake but new users should keep the dose low. 2 scoops max brother
I put 1 scoop in some applesauce sprinkled with cinnamon-then repeated=total of 2 scoops....I had physical therapy for my knee yesterday--usually when finished with pt my knee is sore and tight, I took the two scoops after pt yesterday and about an hour later the tightness in my knee was practically gone. soreness was still noticeable...but I was so relaxed and mellow that it didn't seem to bother me as much. today when I woke up and put my feet down to stand up the usual hip and knee pain was hardly noticeable-vast improvement!!!

I can't really say if kratom is lessening the pain or just relaxing me so much that I don't notice it as much...

mmorso

mmorso

Awards
  • Established
That's great bro!!! I've been out of Kratom for a week now and noticed that my shoulder is sore AF... I think it keeps my bursitis under control. I usually work chest and back today but might have to skip lifting today if the ibuprofen doesn't help.

heavyiron

heavyiron

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I put 1 scoop in some applesauce sprinkled with cinnamon-then repeated=total of 2 scoops....I had physical therapy for my knee yesterday--usually when finished with pt my knee is sore and tight, I took the two scoops after pt yesterday and about an hour later the tightness in my knee was practically gone. soreness was still noticeable...but I was so relaxed and mellow that it didn't seem to bother me as much. today when I woke up and put my feet down to stand up the usual hip and knee pain was hardly noticeable-vast improvement!!!

I can't really say if kratom is lessening the pain or just relaxing me so much that I don't notice it as much...
Kratom is a powerful pain reliever and anti inflammatory. If you are beat up it will definitely help.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Kratom is a powerful pain reliever and anti inflammatory. If you are beat up it will definitely help.
lol...I am 58 and workout hard and do manual labor---I am definitely beat up!!!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
That's great bro!!! I've been out of Kratom for a week now and noticed that my shoulder is sore AF... I think it keeps my bursitis under control. I usually work chest and back today but might have to skip lifting today if the ibuprofen doesn't help.
I am not going to use the kratom as recreation [as tempting as it is] going to use it on pt days and days when pain is particularly bad!!!

macedog24

macedog24

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I am not going to use the kratom as recreation [as tempting as it is] going to use it on pt days and days when pain is particularly bad!!!
I think this is a smart move and will prove beneficial!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
yesterday was pt day again,and again my knee was tight and sore afterward...fortunately again the kratom had the same effect-I used 2 scoops mixed in applesauce and around 45 minutes later knee started feeling less tight. an hour after taking kratom I felt relaxed and the pain in knee was less noticeable...I still am not sure if kratom actually reduced the pain or relaxed me so much that I didn't notice it as much---either way that is apples and oranges, the important thing is I felt a whole lot better after using kratom!!!

no stomach issues when mixing applesauce with kratom, I highly recommend this---even though it looks like the green stuff linda blair spit up in the exorcist, lol....yup, it looks pretty nasty, but fortunately it tastes a whole lot better than it looks!!!:cheers:

mmorso

mmorso

Awards
  • Established
it looks like the green stuff linda blair spit up in the exorcist, lol....yup, it looks pretty nasty, but fortunately it tastes a whole lot better than it looks!!!:cheers:
Yum... I used a shaker bottle the other day and it made this foam like the head on a pint of Guinness..

I got a spoon and tried eating the foam... honestly, the taste was diluted and it wasn't really bad but I got a little nauseous just from the way it looked.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Yum... I used a shaker bottle the other day and it made this foam like the head on a pint of Guinness..

I got a spoon and tried eating the foam... honestly, the taste was diluted and it wasn't really bad but I got a little nauseous just from the way it looked.
YES, INDEED...my initial uses of kratom were with water in a shaker bottle, I had to use a 'rinse twice to get all the foam out....at first the taste really wasn't that bad, but it lingered and around 20-30 minutes later caused pretty intense vomiting. since using the applesauce I haven't had any issues.

mmorso

mmorso

Awards
  • Established
lol...forgot to mention that!!!

applesauce + cinnamon!!!
Yeah buddy that cinnamon really masks the taste... I'm also a fat ass so I get the added effect of it improving insulin sensitivity...

Do you normally take painkillers on days you do PT? So Kratom is working as a replacement?

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Yeah buddy that cinnamon really masks the taste... I'm also a fat ass so I get the added effect of it improving insulin sensitivity...

Do you normally take painkillers on days you do PT? So Kratom is working as a replacement?
I have been pain killer free since starting voltaren gel...voltaren generally does a good job of controlling pain-except for days I do pt, that is why I am limiting my use of kratom to pt days...next pt day is tomorrow...Mondays and Wednesdays.

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I have been pain killer free since starting voltaren gel...voltaren generally does a good job of controlling pain-except for days I do pt, that is why I am limiting my use of kratom to pt days...next pt day is tomorrow...Mondays and Wednesdays.
Voltaren gel works well for my shoulder. I use to use I-Force spray, but Voltaren gel works better. Voltaren gel on the area of pain + joint support (Genoflex or Flexatril ) + kratom and that will significantly reduce any pain you may have.

macedog24

macedog24

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
awesome review. linda Blair has nothing on you! glad the meat on is helping with the pain. keep us updated.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Voltaren gel works well for my shoulder. I use to use I-Force spray, but Voltaren gel works better. Voltaren gel on the area of pain + joint support (Genoflex or Flexatril ) + kratom and that will significantly reduce any pain you may have.
I am only using voltaren + kratom atm, but might add one of the others you mentioned or joint support by sns if tolerance builds or pain becomes uncontrolled with just voltaren plus kratom. good input-thanks!!!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
awesome review. linda Blair has nothing on you! glad the meat on is helping with the pain. keep us updated.
lol...the first time I mixed kratom with applesauce I couldn't help but think about that scene from the exorcist.....

will do...another pt session tomorrow.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
had pt again today, knee felt more sore than last time-probably from being so close together....tried 3 scoops today again mixed with applesauce and cinnamon. I really noticed a difference between 2 and 3 scoops, the effects were much more enhanced. I took it around 12:30 and felt really nice and relaxed with little pain. effects were felt for around 5 hours, nice!!!

again, no stomach issues when mixed with applesauce and cinnamon!!!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
went to physical therapy again today, and again it aggravated my knee....got home and mixed 2 scoops of kratom with applesauce and cinnamon, and again I got the desired effects-less tightness and soreness was less bothersome, actually I hardly noticed it-I was too chill to care anyways, lol....I don't know if everyday or more frequent use would build tolerance, but only using twice a week is working very well for me and the kratom will last quite awhile!! it is a nice treat on pt days, very enjoyable!!!

mmorso

mmorso

Awards
  • Established
went to physical therapy again today, and again it aggravated my knee....got home and mixed 2 scoops of kratom with applesauce and cinnamon, and again I got the desired effects-less tightness and soreness was less bothersome, actually I hardly noticed it-I was too chill to care anyways, lol....I don't know if everyday or more frequent use would build tolerance, but only using twice a week is working very well for me and the kratom will last quite awhile!! it is a nice treat on pt days, very enjoyable!!!
That's awesome!!! I like that it's easy to just use on occasion without starting to get cravings..

I just finished a bag of Green Malay a week ago and am taking a few months off. I'd been using daily for a few weeks and it's easy as hell to just stop taking it.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
That's awesome!!! I like that it's easy to just use on occasion without starting to get cravings..

I just finished a bag of Green Malay a week ago and am taking a few months off. I'd been using daily for a few weeks and it's easy as hell to just stop taking it.
definitely...there are days I am a little tempted to use it just to 'chill', but that is because it is sitting in my cabinet, lol.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
another pt day yesterday, same result...was sore after pt, used 2 scoops of kratom when I got home-felt relaxed and forgot about the pain.....btw-I got back pumps really bad a few days ago and was forced to use a vicadin, it didn't do it on it's own so I added 2 scoops of kratom-worked like a charm---nice combo but I am afraid I could start to like it a little too much so I won't use them together unless in dire straights.

mmorso

mmorso

Awards
  • Established
another pt day yesterday, same result...was sore after pt, used 2 scoops of kratom when I got home-felt relaxed and forgot about the pain.....btw-I got back pumps really bad a few days ago and was forced to use a vicadin, it didn't do it on it's own so I added 2 scoops of kratom-worked like a charm---nice combo but I am afraid I could start to like it a little too much so I won't use them together unless in dire straights.
That's awesome you are able to continue dosing 2 scoops without having to increase!!! That bag will last you a good year if your only dosing on PT days.

I also prefer the effects of Kratom to Vicodin, from both an analgesic and recreational perspective... I think it's much stronger

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
That's awesome you are able to continue dosing 2 scoops without having to increase!!! That bag will last you a good year if your only dosing on PT days.

I also prefer the effects of Kratom to Vicodin, from both an analgesic and recreational perspective... I think it's much stronger
yeah, I have quite a bit left in bag....only have 2 more pt's scheduled so I'm not sure how I will dose after that.

lol...the kratom/vicotin combo was pretty nice, but I have to be careful, as a recovering alcoholic I have to be extra cautious!!!

mmorso

mmorso

Awards
  • Established
yeah, I have quite a bit left in bag....only have 2 more pt's scheduled so I'm not sure how I will dose after that.

lol...the kratom/vicotin combo was pretty nice, but I have to be careful, as a recovering alcoholic I have to be extra cautious!!!
Oh yeah bud... I use to do heroin and have to watch it when I take Kratom... I can get use to it for sure!!! Im taking a break for a few months

macedog24

macedog24

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established

when it's that bad why not try 3 scoops instead of 2. and compare the effects of 2 scoops and a vicodin .

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
when it's that bad why not try 3 scoops instead of 2. and compare the effects of 2 scoops and a vicodin .
I like the way you think...:notworthy:

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Oh yeah bud... I use to do heroin and have to watch it when I take Kratom... I can get use to it for sure!!! Im taking a break for a few months
big props...I was in rehab at the VA with heroin addicts, very tough thing to beat!!!

mmorso

mmorso

Awards
  • Established
big props...I was in rehab at the VA with heroin addicts, very tough thing to beat!!!
Nah I think alcohol is tougher in all honesty... it's more available

I'd have to go down to the projects in Chicago and buy from some thugs..

You sober up and the thought of doing that becomes a deterrent in itself...

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Nah I think alcohol is tougher in all honesty... it's more available

I'd have to go down to the projects in Chicago and buy from some thugs..

You sober up and the thought of doing that becomes a deterrent in itself...
all addictions are tough...I feel blessed!!!

macedog24

macedog24

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
macedog24

macedog24

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
all addictions are tough...I feel blessed!!!
this is so true! Addiction comes in many forms. what seems easy to stop for one person might seem impossible to another. It always comes down to one thing . the individual. unless that person is truly ready to stop(and made up there own mind)there not gonna stop. now, this doesn't mean they just chose not to stop. But , until you are ready to distance yourself from everything and everyone associated with that specific addiction. your just fooling yourself. other wise it would be easy! even then you have to replace that addiction ,.. that time normally spent on that addiction...with something ..or someone else. its a tough tough road. I speak from experience. I was single then , now married 6 kids.I do anything and everything for my family. that's how it will always be. they are first. Can I say I would never go back. I would like to say without a doubt yes. BUT , you never know what circumstances will come your way. so I'm thankful for NOW! I don't judge . how can I judge,who am I.
I'm just lucky enough to have followed through on my own decision. and stayed strong for myself ,my wife,my kids. I hope everyone can do the same, and wish everyone the strength to beat there own addictions. :)

mmorso

mmorso

Awards
  • Established
this is so true! Addiction comes in many forms. what seems easy to stop for one person might seem impossible to another. It always comes down to one thing . the individual. unless that person is truly ready to stop(and made up there own mind)there not gonna stop. now, this doesn't mean they just chose not to stop. But , until you are ready to distance yourself from everything and everyone associated with that specific addiction. your just fooling yourself. other wise it would be easy! even then you have to replace that addiction ,.. that time normally spent on that addiction...with something ..or someone else. its a tough tough road. I speak from experience. I was single then , now married 6 kids.I do anything and everything for my family. that's how it will always be. they are first. Can I say I would never go back. I would like to say without a doubt yes. BUT , you never know what circumstances will come your way. so I'm thankful for NOW! I don't judge . how can I judge,who am I.
I'm just lucky enough to have followed through on my own decision. and stayed strong for myself ,my wife,my kids. I hope everyone can do the same, and wish everyone the strength to beat there own addictions. :)
Totally agree! At one point you need to say enough is enough and stop.

6 kids... good for you man!

macedog24

macedog24

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Totally agree! At one point you need to say enough is enough and stop.

6 kids... good for you man!
thanks. believe me it hasn't been easy. the wife wanted even Steven. so we needed another girl. bam I delivered a girl.. you wouldn't believe it. boy girl,boy,girl,boy,girl

macedog24

macedog24

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
forgot to log Mondays pt...oh well another pt day today!!

I took macedogs advice and upped the kratom to 3 scoops---oh yeah, kinda reminded me of the days when I used valium recreationally- very chilled and mellow. I was sore after pt but as mentioned before if I am still sore I really don't care, I feel very relaxed!!!

note to guys out there...if you mix with applesauce and cinnamon like I am doing, don't let your wife or girlfriend see it-it really looks disgusting, lol...on a positive note, it tastes a lot better than it looks!!!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Lmao it does look disgusting
downright disgusting...nice buzz though:biggthumpup: it really does 'take the edge off'.

macedog24

macedog24

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
doesn't help much with appearance though....my wife saw me eating it and nearly upchucked her lunch, lol!!!
Trying this tonight . been sick so i need some sleep. Wanna be chill and mellow. Will take pics of my hulk blood(applesauce/kratom).

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Trying this tonight . been sick so i need some sleep. Wanna be chill and mellow. Will take pics of my hulk blood(applesauce/kratom).
I swear it looks just like the stuff linda blair spewed out in the exorcist, lol...thankfully though it doesn't taste nearly as bad as it looks, it actually isn't bad!!!

mmorso

mmorso

Awards
  • Established
How's the Kratom going man? You have any PT lately?