Tank going Off The Chain! (sponsored)

Tank999

Tank999

Awards
  • Established
Thanks to the good folk at Hi Tech for hooking me up with a bottle of strawberry-kiwi "dmaa enhanced Off The Chain aminos".

I plan on trying this with every day of my workout split, and even sharing some with some hard working gym buddies.

Let me begin by saying that working out has been a little rough as of late. I was fighting out of the fog of of pct from a solid andro cycle, so this is a real test.

Tank999

Tank999

Awards
  • Established
Final Review

I love when I try a supp that actually does what its supposed to. I don't live in a dreamworld (if any of you are old enough to remember a certain supplement company that tried to sell us "the band"?) but I've nevertheless been disappointed many a time.
NOT THIS TIME! This is a solid supp that does what it's supposed to do, and does it well.
Mixes well
Taste good
Kicks in pretty quickly
Gives a constant level good energy
Helps in systemic recovery
The only con: you have to keep track of your work because this will have you going waaay beyond your normal abilities and recovery capabilities. I was doing like 1 1/2 times my normal workload, and if hadn't kept track I would have gone all energizer bunny - fa realz!
This ones a keeper!

Tank999

Tank999

Awards
  • Established
Today was my first session on Off the Chain. I worked traps and upper back which is probably one of my most hardcore workouts.

The bottle gives all kinds of options of taking it pre or post or any time. I chose none of the above; I put a scoop and a half in my 32oz sippy cup (well really a kleen kanteen) and used it as my intra. Bam! By the time I finished working out I felt as fresh as when I started! No jitters or freaky chills - just good clean energy.

So I decided to add in some endless biceps. I'm about to leave the gym and my buddies asked me if I wanted to do squats with them - I actually considered it for second! Crazeeee!

All I can say is - if the recovery is as good as the energy, I'm all in!

Actual workout was:
Hammer shrugs - from 3pps to 5pps (x15) and down. About 6 sets

Bent rows- 2pps up to 3pps. About 5 sets

Hammer rows-3pps up to 5pps and down. About 7 sets

3sets of fatty pull ups

Hammer Precherz - up to 135 and down. About 10 sets including negatives

Rope curlz - 3 sets with 1 drop set

Its about an hour later and I'm still energized.

Let you know tomorrow if there's an energy crash and about recovery.

Cheers

Tank999

Tank999

Awards
  • Established
Anybody and anybody else welcome! Cjg bighulksmash booneman77 thebigt hairygrandpa rtmilburn alphagainz Clean gene ZOO jramoska SFreed CJNator HIT4ME wesb2387 Gutterpump Tank999 DennisTheDane Danes SpicedCider ryane87 Juicedeez utz BEAST73 Alpha1agreda LeanEngineer coltonwalker Brandinooooo Sparkss Studhorse blueline438 vujade Volvo140G Chuck Diesel Ag5000 lifted67 Cjg bighulksmash thebigt hairygrandpa smith_69 rtmilburn FireTitan alphagainz Clean gene ZOO jramoska SFreed CJNator HIT4ME wesb2387 Gutterpump Tank999 DennisTheDane SpicedCider ryane87 Juicedeez utz BEAST73 Alpha1agreda LeanEngineer coltonwalker Brandinooooo Sparkss Studhorse blueline438 vujade Volvo140G Ag5000 lifted67 Jebrook ChocolateClen justhere4comm matt8483 ryane87 Brandinooooo HIT4ME thebigt NewAgeMayan rtmilburn hairygrandpa

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I am in - but I can only take so many Bighulksmash, Tank999, Beast73, Firetitan and Hairygrandpa logs. Every single one of you guys are so much stronger than me - if any of you lived near me I wouldn't even bother lifting weights. If I ever needed to lift anything I'd just call you.

ryane87

ryane87

Awards
  • Established
In you stallion

Tank999

Tank999

Awards
  • Established
I am in - but I can only take so many Bighulksmash, Tank999, Beast73, Firetitan and Hairygrandpa logs. Every single one of you guys are so much stronger than me - if any of you lived near me I wouldn't even bother lifting weights. If I ever needed to lift anything I'd just call you.
Yeah, but youre the brains of the outfit!

Tank999

Tank999

Awards
  • Established
Oh, and btw, no crash thankfully....just like a lowering of the tempo.... Quite sore from the workout so we'll see how I do on recovery.

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
In for the good times!! Anything that can lift you out of your pct fog has potential!!

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
True story! HIT4ME is the guy who stops me from happy - a$$holing my way through my dieting life

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Ka pow!!!!

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Sweet! in on this! I've yet to try it but really want to. Amino acid with dmaa is my kind of an amino acid haha

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
We are in trouble. hairygrandpa has described me as the crash test dummy. That's probably more accurate. Lol.

you have until tomorrow to produce nudes
I agree with this. I put up my fat photos. Tank sounds like a beast with the #'s he puts up. Even if he is fat as hell who cares when he is doing bent rows with deadlift weights?

True story! HIT4ME is the guy who stops me from happy - a$$holing my way through my dieting life
Lol, have had my back plenty. You do pretty well without me too, like you always say we all seem to sell ourselves short.

If I play any role in anyone's success on this board I am flattered though. It's all a big circle though.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
bighulksmash - love the new avatar. Does your employer have you doing undercover work with menenites?

Tank999

Tank999

Awards
  • Established
Did delts today and since my energy was up and didn't feel like leaving, I threw in some tris. And I shared with some boys and girls at the gym - from everyone - 6 people -only positve responses.

Went all higher rep without lowering the weights. All exercises pyramiding up and down.

Seated presses - up to 185lbs for about 20
On these i did a finisher of top half presses; 2 sets of 135lbs for about 30 reps each
https://vimeo.com/200048147

Hammer press - up to 3pps

Endless side and rear raises

For tris
Seated cable oh ext - even went heavier than usual

Press downs: regular, reverse grip, and single arm.

Today I split 1 and 1/2 scoops between 20 min pre, and the rest intra. It worked well and I'm still feeling good.

If this keeps up, this is gonna be a keeper

Tank999

Tank999

Awards
  • Established
Systemic recovery seems to really be on point. I was supposed to skip today but since I feel solidly rested and recovered enough, I'm going to do lower back and legs.I can't actually squat or even do dedz off the floor (I pull them off the rack and work from top to bottom while stopping about 4 inches above ground), so this won't be a long one. I'll actually work from at home. I'll check in later.

ManimalPatB

ManimalPatB

Awards
Systemic recovery seems to really be on point. I was supposed to skip today but since I feel solidly rested and recovered enough, I'm going to do lower back and legs.I can't actually squat or even do dedz off the floor (I pull them off the rack and work from top to bottom while stopping about 4 inches above ground), so this won't be a long one. I'll actually work from at home. I'll check in later.
Right on man!!!! Looks like you're starting to get

OFF THE CHAIN?!?!?!? huh huh huh?? lol

ryane87

ryane87

Awards
  • Established
Why are you wearing underwear on your head? LOL

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
Did delts today and since my energy was up and didn't feel like leaving, I threw in some tris. And I shared with some boys and girls at the gym - from everyone - 6 people -only positve responses.

Went all higher rep without lowering the weights. All exercises pyramiding up and down.

Seated presses - up to 185lbs for about 20
On these i did a finisher of top half presses; 2 sets of 135lbs for about 30 reps each
https://vimeo.com/200048147

Hammer press - up to 3pps

Endless side and rear raises

For tris
Seated cable oh ext - even went heavier than usual

Press downs: regular, reverse grip, and single arm.

Today I split 1 and 1/2 scoops between 20 min pre, and the rest intra. It worked well and I'm still feeling good.

If this keeps up, this is gonna be a keeper
the anabolic Taliban

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
Does that mean his barbell explodes prematurely? Does he get 72 scoops of protein powder in heaven instead of virgins?
LMFAO - ha ha

barbell explodes - lmao

Tank999

Tank999

Awards
  • Established
I'm just about completely sold on this stuff.
Took it intra today. Not an especially long workout, but I did some solid work and my energy was up the whole time. Nothing jittery, just nice level good energy.

Did lower back and legs. These are short workouts because I'm working around leg issues..... It sucks not to squat but I'm happy I at least get to do these.

I used 2 different bars. Both at 225lbs total.
Regular bar:
Straight leg dedz: 5x10
Romanians: 5x10
Sumos: 5x10

Trap bar dedz: 3x15. 3x10

And thats it. Very short breaks between sets.

Btw, it's a few hours later and I'm still feeling gooood!

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Did he answer this question and I missed it?? Cause it's a pretty fckn good question

ryane87

ryane87

Awards
  • Established
Did he answer this question and I missed it?? Cause it's a pretty fckn good question
Just skipped right by....he knows the truth

Tank999

Tank999

Awards
  • Established
Just skipped right by....he knows the truth
For all you ign'nt folk, google balaclava.
And why oh why would I wear my OWN undies on my head - that would just be plain weird!