Kicking off 2017 with Iron Legion Invictus and Virtus!

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
First, I would like to thank IronLegion bighulksmash nostrum420 Delsolro and any other member of the Iron Legion team. I have read great things about these two products and I am beyond excited to stack them and give my honest feedback. I have never used a Iron Legion product and excited I get to run this stack. My goal is to lean bulk. I have not received the products yet, unless they are in my mailbox now, but I wanted to get this up for when I do get the products. My dosing will be Invictus: .5ml AM + .5ml PM Virtus: .5-1ml AM, initially.

Training

I follow a hybrid PPL/PHAT routine. Due to the effects of Laxogenin, I may incorporate more dropsets due to increased recovery.

Sunday - Push Hypertrophy
Monday - Pull Power
Tuesday - Lower Hypertrophy
Wednesday - Off
Thursday - Push Power
Friday - Pull Hypertrophy
Saturday - Lower Power

Diet

I carb cycle. I have two high days, two moderate days and three low days. I will post my daily diet so you can see macro breakdown and calorie breakdown. In addition, if I do not gain weight in a particular week, I increase each day by 25 cals, but adding 6 grams of carbs to each day.

Other Supplements

Orange Triad
Zinc
Magnesium
OxiOmega
NOW Vitamin D 5,000 IU
NOW Vitamin C 1,000
PowerMax XT
Various Pre workouts, only stims 3 days per week and non stim 3 days. Depending on how heavy my heavy days are, I will consume a product higher in stims
PES Select (no more than 1 scoop per day)
LCLT
Alpha GPC,
L Tyrosine
Beta Alannine

My expectations

A drying effect
Increase in strength and body comp

Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
In on this one! this is good stuff, cant wait to see how it performs for you.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
In on this!

delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
subbed for sure!

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
January 15, 2017
Push Hypertrophy

Weight - 155.6

Weight is the same from last week. I am going to increase calories by 25 each day, in the form of carbs. I am also beginning a stack of Iron Legion Invictus and Virtus today.

Today's session was surprisingly good. I say that because my chest was a touch sore from Thursday. I hardly ever get DOMS in my chest, especially DOMS that lasts several days. Don't know what it was, but it didn't influence me, at least I don't believe it did. I also did not feel any tightness in my shoulder again! I think it is due to getting rid of behind the neck presses, an addition to my warmup and a new a new stretch I am doing post workout. Again, like last Sunday, I had a very good pump compared to the previous month or so on this particular day. I think it is because my pre workout meal is closer to training.

Tomorrow will be interesting with how my legs feel and I have a 9x1 on deadlifts.

Training

Incline Smith/Flat DB Press

Incline - 120x10,10,10 (does not include weight of the bar)
Flat - 65x10,10

Seated Smith Shoulder Press

85x10,10,10,10

Weight does not include the bar, just plates

Incline Hammerstrength Chest Press

145x10,10
140x10

Incline Skull Crushers

70x10,10,10

Seated Hammerstrength Shoulder Press

140x12,10,10

Straight Bar Cable Pressdown

44x10,10,10

Nutrition

High Carb Day

Cals - 3,075
Carbs - 408g
  • Fiber - 50g
Protein - 226g
Fat - 64g
  • Sat. - 25g
  • Poly. - 8g
  • Mono. - 12g

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Initial thoughts:

The products do not smell that great. i wish they were odorless. I would suggest putting something on the mask the scent. Application is easy. I tried two different methods. One, I put the liquid on my hand and rubbed it on the area. The other way I tried was to slowly drip the liquid on the application site and rub it in that way. I think I prefer putting it on my hand first. Also, I think this would be a lot easier to apply if the liquid was not water like and more of a cream or gel. Lastly, I noticed that this leaves your hands looking greasy, make sure to run them under water after.

bigguyn10ec

bigguyn10ec

Awards
  • Established
Ant always has a killer log. I'm in.

bigguyn10ec

bigguyn10ec

Awards
  • Established
I always used latex gloves just to avoid this greasy/ sticky feeling.

bigguyn10ec

bigguyn10ec

Awards
  • Established
Well I have kids and I didn't want any residual product getting on them or my wife.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Question for those who ran this.

I am dosing 1 ml of each product ONCE per day as I only shower once daily. Any problems with this?

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
January 16, 2017
Pull Power

Today was a killer workout. Had a 9x1 going on. If you're new to my log, I programmed two 9x1 sessions, but not going for a PR. After the second 9x1, I take a deload week than attempt a new PR. My goal on the 9x1 days are to get as close to my PR as possible. My PR the deadlift is 440. I hit 435. It was an extreme grinder. I think I hitched it a little, but I'll count it. Getting to knee level was not hard, but the lockout was killer. I thought one of a few things would happen; one, I would need to drop it, two, my head was going to pop like a pimple or three, I was going to poop my pants! In 5 weeks, my next 9x1, I am going to stick with 435, since I don't want to set a new PR, but I am going to see if it goes up easier. The workup sets will be the same. I will also try to hit some higher weight on the way down.

Everything else progressed with weight or reps. I did weighed pullups, despite being the same weight. For was great, this shows me I am getting stronger. Normally, when I do this weighted, I lack on the contraction; I do not pull myself up high enough. That was not the case here. My hamstrings are dead now. Tomorrow will be interesting.

Ome other thing worth noting. I changed my pre workout meal, on this day, last week. Today, instead of swwet potatoes, I had white rice. Today was the first deadlift day in a long time which I did not feel like I was going to puke during any set. I may stick with white rice from now on pre workout on this day.

Training

Deadlift 9x1 @ 90%-99% of 1RM (396 - 339 lbs)

405x1
415x1
425x1
435x1
415x1
415x1
415x1
415x1
415x1

Rack Pulls

370x5,5,5

Knee level

Weighted Wide Grip Pullups

2.5x6,6,6

Close Grip Neutral Grip Pulldowns

120x7,7,7

Wide Grip Neutral Pulldowns

120x8,7
122.5x6

Neutral Grip Seated Cable Row

120x7,7,7

Reverse Pec Deck

145x6,6,6,6

Nutrition

Low Carb

Cals - 2,575
Carbs - 265g
  • Fiber - 49g
Protein - 226g
Fat - 77g
  • Sat. - 20g
  • Poly. - 11g
  • Mono. - 11g

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
January 17, 2017
Legs Hypertrophy

Training.

Reverse Hammerstrength V Squat

260x10,10,10,10,11

Leg Press

470x10,10,10,10

Seated Hamstring Curl

160x15,11,11

Lying Hamstring Curl

90x11,10,10

Leg Extensions

145x12,11,10,10,10.

Seated Calf Raises

120x12,11,11,10,10

Standing Calf Raises

195x12,11,11,11,11

Nutrition

Moderate Carb

Cals - 2,825
Carbs - 334g
  • Fiber - 50g
Protein - 226g
Fat - 71g
  • Sat. - 18g
  • Poly. - 10g
  • Mono. - 16g

Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
January 17, 2017
Legs Hypertrophy

Training.

260x10,10,10,10,11

Leg Press

470x10,10,10,10

Seated Hamstring Curl

160x15,11,11

Lying Hamstring Curl

90x11,10,10

Leg Extensions

145x12,11,10,10,10.

Seated Calf Raises

120x12,11,11,10,10

Standing Calf Raises

195x12,11,11,11,11

Nutrition

Moderate Carb

Cals - 2,825
Carbs - 334g
  • Fiber - 50g
Protein - 226g
Fat - 71g
  • Sat. - 18g
  • Poly. - 10g
  • Mono. - 16g
What is hammer strength V squats? Don't think I have ever seen one.

delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

I am dosing 1 ml of each product ONCE per day as I only shower once daily. Any problems with this?
not ideal

invictus should be applied twice per day. .5ml in the AM and .5ml in the PM (apply after training, not before).

you don't have to shower before application. there are some guys that apply td's like 2-3 times a day...

if you workout in the AM, apply after training. then again in the early evening (3-4 hours before going to bed).

if you workout in the PM, apply first thing in the morning. then again after training that evening (just don't do it right before bed...may leave you groggy in the morning).

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
not ideal

invictus should be applied twice per day. .5ml in the AM and .5ml in the PM (apply after training, not before).

you don't have to shower before application. there are some guys that apply td's like 2-3 times a day...

if you workout in the AM, apply after training. then again in the early evening (3-4 hours before going to bed).

if you workout in the PM, apply first thing in the morning. then again after training that evening (just don't do it right before bed...may leave you groggy in the morning).
Got it. I will start this protocol tomorrow. I will have to apply 1 ml today since I am at work.

I train in the evening. I get home around 6 and shower around 6:30. I will apply .5 after my shower in the evening and .5 in the morning when I wake up.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
delsolrob how long should I wait to shower after applying?

delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
delsolrob how long should I wait to shower after applying?
I don't usually wait that long...I usually dry off, brush my teeth, put moisturizer on my face, and then apply td's. Then I wait about 5 minutes to put a shirt on.

when I go to Phoenix to visit my family, this processes take much less time. out of shower and in 1-2 minutes I'm completely dry. Apply TD's and then they're dry in like a minute...so, humidity will matter a little.

delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Initial thoughts:

The products do not smell that great. i wish they were odorless. I would suggest putting something on the mask the scent. Application is easy. I tried two different methods. One, I put the liquid on my hand and rubbed it on the area. The other way I tried was to slowly drip the liquid on the application site and rub it in that way. I think I prefer putting it on my hand first. Also, I think this would be a lot easier to apply if the liquid was not water like and more of a cream or gel. Lastly, I noticed that this leaves your hands looking greasy, make sure to run them under water after.
ah, I'd missed this.

the smell when you first apply it is more of a combination of the components (BA an OA have the most scent). after it's absorbed, the leftover scent should be limited to the cedar wood and cypress. I know there are a ton of ladies that love this scent on men...we have received a lot of positive feedback on the scent.

beyond that, sorry you don't like it. But, it's probably the first scent of the application that's off putting to you...please ask for some feedback on the smell of the application sites after they've dried.

I believe Volvo140G posted a bit of how much his wife loved the smell on him

sinewave3

sinewave3

Awards
  • Established
Good start to this log! Will be following.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
January 19, 2017
Push Power

Very happy with the session today. My last 9x1, I hit 220 on flat bench, only 5 pounds off my PR. When I attempted 230 about 4 or 5 weeks ago I failed. I was feeling good today. I was planning on one set at 220. I got it, it was tough, but still smooth. I decided to go for 225. I asked for a guy to watch me. He helped me stabilize the weight at the sticky point since I was shaking a little, but I got it. I would say I could have gotten it. I think that shows progress since I was only doing small jumps. I also did 10 sets since he helped me a tad.

I also hit heavier weight on the way down. I did 4 sets on decline close grip because someone asked me for a spot and I rested way longer than anticipated.

Training

Flat Bench Press 9x1 @ 90%-10% of 1RM (203-225 pounds)

205x1
210x1
215x1
220x1
225x1*
220x1
220x1
215x1
215x1
215x1

Military Press

120x5,5,5

Decline Close Grip Bench Press

160x8,7,7

Incline Bench Press

150x7,6,6

180x7,6,6

Weighted Dips

60x8,7,6

Nutrition

Moderate Carb

Cals - 2,825
Carbs - 334g
  • Fiber - 49g
Protein - 226g
Fat - 71g
  • Sat. - 20g
  • Poly. - 10g
  • Mono. - 16g

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What is hammer strength V squats? Don't think I have ever seen one.
Here you go. This replaced the Hack Squat in my gym a few years back. I like the machine, but miss the hack squat so much. I say reverse because I have my forehead on the back pad, so I do not have my back against anything.

Hammer-Strength-V-Squat-Machine-for-Body-Building.jpg

delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Here you go. This replaced the Hack Squat in my gym a few years back. I like the machine, but miss the hack squat so much. I say reverse because I have my forehead on the back pad, so I do not have my back against anything.

View attachment 144330
we have the same thing and my gym and I also use it in reverse...I don't think I ever see anyone use it differently there.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What you notice on virtus thus far??
I will give an update on Sunday. It will be a weekly update. I have noticed some differences so far, but would like to give at least one full week to see that these differences are not placebo and indeed the supplements.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
we have the same thing and my gym and I also use it in reverse...I don't think I ever see anyone use it differently there.
I've seen people use it putting their back on the pad. I've tried it too, but it feels awkward to my lower back

ironranger

ironranger

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
not ideal

I apply multiple times a day and often can't shower, so i clean the application site with a cheap alcohol based hand cleaner. Quick and easy and helps to open the pores

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
January 20, 2017
Pull Hypertrophy

Training

Lat Pulldowns

105x10,10,10,10,10

Close Grip Seated Cable Row

105x10,10,10,10

T Bar Row (overhand grip)

65x12,11,11

Semi Close Grip Pulldown (neutral grip)

117.5x12,11,10

Underhand Grip Machine Row

135x11,11,10

Hoist Roc It Pulldown

105x10,10,10

2 second pause at the bottom

Reverse Pec Deck

110x12
115x10,10,10

Nutrition

High Carb

Cals - 3,075
Carbs - 408g
  • Fiber - 50g
Protein - 225g
Fat - 64g
  • Sat. - 19g
  • Poly. - 7g
  • Mono. - 11g

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
January 21, 2017
Lower Power

I'm going to do something a little different on the posts for my heavy days, instead of describing what I did the last time I hit that same rep range, I am going to quote it.

Today felt awesome. As you can see, I improved greatly from my last 9x1. I was really happy with depth, form and my negative speed. Everything from my quads, hamstrings and glutes felt like they were firing. For reference, my PR is 335. When I say I was happy with my form, what I am referring to is keeping my chest up. I only felt one set where my chest did not stay up, which led me to lean forward too much. It was the last 320 set.

Last 9x1 (12/3/16)

295x1
300x1
305x1
315x1
320x1
330x1
315x1
315x1
315x1
Training

Back Squat 9x1 @ 90%-100% of 1RM (297-335 lbs)

300x1
310x1
320x1
330x1
330x1
320x1
320x1
320x1
315x1

Pause Squats

205x5,5,5

Hip Thrust

260x8,7,6

Leg Press

540x7,6,6

Lying Leg Curls

125x8,6,6

Seated Calf Machine

170x7,6,6,6,6

Standing Calf Machine
A
260x8,8,7,7,7

Nutrition

Low Carb

Cals - 2,575
Carbs - 265g
  • Fiber - 49g
Protein - 226g
Fat - 79g
  • Sat. - 18g
  • Poly. - 7g
  • Mono. - 11g

Volvo140G

Volvo140G

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
delsolrob

Twas I. It.smells great, drove my wife nuts. It hangs out on the skin for a while, I hadn't applied any and had just showered. It was like an axe commercial in bed, she just clung to me sniffing my parts. Man musk for sure, love salvo! Using some 4andro td v2 atm actually...

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
delsolrob

Twas I. It.smells great, drove my wife nuts. It hangs out on the skin for a while, I hadn't applied any and had just showered. It was like an axe commercial in bed, she just clung to me sniffing my parts. Man musk for sure, love salvo! Using some 4andro td v2 atm actually...
I can't get past the smell, but I am very picky with scents. if the product works though, I do not care since It doesn't last more than an hour or so.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
January 22, 2017
Push Hypertrophy

Weight - 154.4

Weight is the down 1.2 pounds from last week. This may be a little misleading though since I used the bathroom more during the night (use your imagination). I am still going to increase my calories though by 25 each day, in the form of carbs.

Training went very well today, but the day as a whole was meh. I wanted to play my PS4 since I barely get to and usually only can on weekend, on a limited basis, and days off from school. I started a new game yesterday and wanted to play it some today, but everything went to hell after the gym. For some reason, my phone was constantly restarting when I launched some apps. By the time I got to the cell phone store (which moved locations, but I did not know) and I figured out what was going on, the day was shot. I had some factory reset the phone and now I need to put all my apps back on it.

Today has marked one week since I started the Virtus and Invictus stack. Here are my notes thus far. I really do not like the smell of the products, but in the end, if they work well, I can see past that. Application is very easy, I just dislike how greasy your hands get from the liquid. Again, not a big deal though. I don't know if it is the way I squeeze the dropper or what, but I always measure out .5ml, my desired amount, every single time. That is very convenient. Regarding what I have noticed, two nights last week, Wednesday and Thursday, I woke up erected two or three times during the night. Rarely do I wake up once or more with an erection. I have not had one since Thursday though, waking up with one that is. Recovery seems a tad better, I will focus on this during the week. I also notice a new vein, one that I have never seen before. It was in my side of my left lower/mid pec. This was first thing in the morning, no food or water, so that was cool.

Training

Incline Smith/Flat DB Press

Incline - 130x8,8,8 (does not include weight of the bar)
Flat - 70x8,8,8

Seated Smith Shoulder Press

90x8,8,8,8

Weight does not include the bar, just plates

Incline Hammerstrength Chest Press

145x10,10,10

Incline Skull Crushers

70x11,10,10

150x10,10,10

Straight Bar Cable Pressdown

44x12,10,10

Nutrition

High Carb Day

Cals - 3,100
Carbs - 414g
  • Fiber - 50g
Protein - 225g
Fat - 63g
  • Sat. - 24g
  • Poly. - 8g
  • Mono. - 12g

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer

I can only speak in regards to Invictus, but most people find that breaking up the dose 0.5 ml morning and night was the better way to dose it. This way you hit both times in the day when cortisol is at its highest, and you avoid the possibility of getting lethargic right off in the morning from a whopping 1ml dose. Showering just once per day is fine and it will not hinder the efficacy of your second dose without a pre-shower. Side note; I actually find the smell of Invictus to be quite nice!

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
January 23, 2017
Pull Power

Pretty good session today. I will post my last 5x5 below this. I wanted to go for a 7th rep on the 355 set, but I did not want to strain too much. I can't exactly remember, but I feel like the 6 reps today were smoother than last time. Warmups felt great, as soon as I hit that 315 set, that is when my hamstrings said, we're not ready! Everything else went smoothly. I saw some small increases from last week. My lower back was a tad tight after the rack pulls. I think it was from over extending on the lockout on deads and rack pulls. I have a bad habit of doing that.

I'm also looking for some suggestions here. Last week, my meals leading up to the pre workout meal were the same as today, but the pre workout meal was different and I did not have as much time last week to digest compared to this week. With that said, last week, with less time between my meal and lifting, I felt fine versus today, I felt like I was going to puke. This is a common theme when I do not deadlift fasted.

My carb source last week was white rice and this week, sweet potatoes. My pre workout meal during the week is the same since I have it at work, 225 grams of greek yogurt, 150 grams of strawberries and sweet potatoes (amount varies on the day, but today was only 215 grams) and this was 2 hour before lifting.

Here are some options I am thinking about, let me know what you might try:

1 - Keep everything the same, but swap out the sweet potatoes for rice
2 - Keep everything the same, but eat my lunch earlier, then have a protein shake when I would normally have my lunch. Usually my second "meal" is just a shake, but I could swap those.
3 - Keep meal one and two the same, but when I have lunch, have a protein bar with some fruit.

Last 5x5 12/19/16

315x5
325x5
335x5
345x5
355x6
Training

Deadlift 5x5 @ 90%-99% of 1RM (308 - 352 lbs)

315x5
325x5
335x5
345x5
355x6

Rack Pulls

380x3,3,3,3,4

Knee level

Weighted Wide Grip Pullups

2.5x7,7,6

Close Grip Neutral Grip Pulldowns

120x8,7
122.5x6

Wide Grip Neutral Pulldowns

122.5x7,7,6

Neutral Grip Seated Cable Row

120x7,7,7

Reverse Pec Deck

145x7,7,6,6

Nutrition

Low Carb

Cals - 2,600
Carbs - 271g
  • Fiber - 50g
Protein - 227g
Fat - 76g
  • Sat. - 20g
  • Poly. - 11g
  • Mono. - 11g

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I can only speak in regards to Invictus, but most people find that breaking up the dose 0.5 ml morning and night was the better way to dose it. This way you hit both times in the day when cortisol is at its highest, and you avoid the possibility of getting lethargic right off in the morning from a whopping 1ml dose. Showering just once per day is fine and it will not hinder the efficacy of your second dose without a pre-shower. Side note; I actually find the smell of Invictus to be quite nice!
That is the way I have been dosing both, since last Wednesday!

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
That is the way I have been dosing both, since last Wednesday!
Nice! If you contact the company itself, this is actually how they recommend dosing Invictus. I am actually using it right now myself, along with Ostarine, OL Test1fy, and FD2 at 2 caps day. I swear one of these days I will actually add in the cardio to take full advantage of these products. I am just waiting for them to all settle in...haha!

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
January 24, 2017
Legs Hypertrophy

Training.

270x8,8,8,8,8,8

Leg Press

500x8,8,8,8

Seated Hamstring Curl

180x11,10,10

Lying Hamstring Curl

90x12,10,10

Leg Extensions

145x12,12,11,10,10.

Seated Calf Raises

120x12,12,11,11,11

Standing Calf Raises

200x12,11,10,10,10

Nutrition

Moderate Carb

Cals - 2,850
Carbs - 340g
  • Fiber - 50g
Protein - 225g
Fat - 70g
  • Sat. - 17g
  • Poly. - 12g
  • Mono. - 19g

Cjg

Awards
  • Established
What color is your virtus oil? A dark redish brown?

bighulksmash

bighulksmash

Legend
Awards
Loving the numbers you put up Ant !!! Great work !

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
January 26, 2017
Push Power

Not happy with the session today, although I was able to get more reps or go heavier than last week. As you can see, I did not go as heavy as I did on my previous 5x5, but like I said about a week ago, I wanted to stick within the prescribed percentages. I felt like the 180 didn't move as fast, but I did rest less between sets. Also, like I said, everything else increased in one way or another, so maybe it not moving as fast was just in my head.

I am also going to reduce the dosing on Virtus starting tomorrow to only .5 ml per day. I have been noticing more acne and lethargy, which could be signs of E/cortisol being too low.

Last 5x5 12/22/16

160x5
170x5
180x5
190x5
190x5
Training

Flat Bench Press 5x5 @ 70%-80% of 1RM (158-180 pounds)

160x5
170x5
180x5
180x5
180x5

Military Press

130x3,3,3,3,3

Decline Close Grip Bench Press

165x6,6,6

Incline Bench Press

150x8,7,6

180x7,7,6

Weighted Dips

65x6,6,6

Nutrition

Moderate Carb

Cals - 2,850
Carbs - 340g
  • Fiber - 49g
Protein - 225g
Fat - 70g
  • Sat. - 18g
  • Poly. - 11g
  • Mono. - 18g

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
January 27, 2017
Pull Hypertrophy

I only dosed Virtus at .5 ml today. I felt a lot better, not nearly as lethargic. Is that due to less dosing, no, because it wasn't even a full day. I think yesterday felt off for me since Wednesday are low carb days (where I do not consume any startchy and go no more than 100 grams total). I am still going to dose at .5 ml and see how it goes.

Today felt fairly easy with the workout. Everything felt a little lighter than I was expecting. Overall, it was a very good session.

Training

Lat Pulldowns

107.5x8,8,8
110x8,8,8

Close Grip Seated Cable Row

107.5x8,8,8,8

T Bar Row (overhand grip)

70x11,10,10

Semi Close Grip Pulldown (neutral grip)

120x10,10,10

Underhand Grip Machine Row

135x11,11,11

Underhand Close Grip Pulldown

85x11
95x10,10

Reverse Pec Deck

120x11,10,10,10

Nutrition

High Carb

Cals - 3,100
Carbs - 414g
  • Fiber - 50g
Protein - 226g
Fat - 65g
  • Sat. - 20g
  • Poly. - 12g
  • Mono. - 14g

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
January 28, 2017
Lower Power

Very happy with the session today. I wanted to hit 7 reps on the last set of squats, but on the 5th rep, I had a major butt wink and surprised I was able to recover. It took a lot out of me to recover from it. Everything else improved either weight wise or rep wise. I did 4 sets on leg press because I felt as though I did not go deep enough on the first set.

I will be giving a full update on Virtus and Invictus tomorrow.

Last 5x5 12/24/16

235x5
245x5
255x5
265x5
280x5
Training

Back Squat 5x5 @ 70%-80% of 1RM (231-264 lbs)

235x5
245x5
255x5
265x5
265x6

Pause Squats

215x3,3,3,3
220x3

Hip Thrust

265x7,6,6

Leg Press

540x7,7,6,6