Sparks Getting Pumped To The Max w/ iFN's MAX-OUT and Hemavo2 MAX!

sparks2012

sparks2012

Awards
Hey everyone,

Wanted to give a huge thanks to ManimalPatB and the iFN team for choosing me to log these awesome products! I've been on a no-stim PWO for a little over a month now, so getting back on the stim train with this stuff will be amazing.

Alright, now lets get to business. For Max-Out, I chose the Rainbow Sherbet flavor. Let me just say that they've knocked the flavor out of the park again with this one. The flavor is exactly how I remember the little ice cream containers with the sherbet from elementary school tasting. Mixed one scoop with about 10oz of water, no clumping or any other issues. Started feeling it about 15 mins after drinking. The energy and for lack of a better term, excitement, was great. I could tell it was going to be a clean energy, not some crazy buzz that leaves you crashing hard.

For the Hemavo2 Max I took on the classic Lemon Drop flavor. I've used the original formula multiple times and all of them worked well for me. This was no exception, as far as performance and flavor goes. Took this with about 12oz of water immediately after the MO was taken. Nothing to note as far as how it makes me feel before actually getting to the gym.

I've started a new full body split (heavy, rest, hypertrophy, rest, heavy, rest, hypertrophy, etc.) on the same day this stack arrived, so I will be putting the endurance and pump providing abilities this stack offers to the test. Normally, my sessions consisted of 1 major muscle group with a couple assistance exercises (arms, calves) at the end when appropriate. These lasted from 45 mins to a little over an hour. With the full body, I'm looking at 1.5 hours+. This was no issue for this stack as the pump stayed even in groups that were hit first in the session, and the energy was consistent throughout the workout too.

I'll throw up the firs session I did for comparison later on down the line. Everything except for calves was 8 reps or less with the heaviest sets taken to failure or just short (no spotter) of it. This is the most sore I've been in a while, so I'm pushing to make the best of this caloric surplus, stack, and new training regimen!

sparks2012

sparks2012

Awards

First full body workout, like I said before, the pump and endurance/lasting energy was great. Everything felt pretty good, I was sore as hell the next day. Definitely a different kind of stimulus for the body.

sparks2012

sparks2012

Awards
I need me some hairygrandpa FireTitan smith_69 Sparkss bighulksmash Studhorse HIT4ME in here!!!

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
In.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Ok, I am in to see you killing this. I just have one question - do you HAVE to make it look like it's so easy? I know you're working hard, logically, but I kind of hate you a little. Just putting that out there to be up front and honest. I mean, personality wise you are probably one of the only guys on this board who isn't a complete jerk (myself at the top of that list) - but those photos. Like, "Oh, here's another shot of me looking better than everyone else except maybe BEAST73" or, "No big deal - doesn't everyone have abs?"

I mean, wtf dude?

sparks2012

sparks2012

Awards
Ok, I am in to see you killing this. I just have one question - do you HAVE to make it look like it's so easy? I know you're working hard, logically, but I kind of hate you a little. Just putting that out there to be up front and honest. I mean, personality wise you are probably one of the only guys on this board who isn't a complete jerk (myself at the top of that list) - but those photos. Like, "Oh, here's another shot of me looking better than everyone else except maybe BEAST73" or, "No big deal - doesn't everyone have abs?"

I mean, wtf dude?
Lol, man I'm flattered to say the least. And hell yeah it's hard. Especially as of late. Motivation has been dwindling, and I know it sounds dumb but forcing myself to eat now that I know how many cals I should take in on a surplus...I just get lazy sometimes. I'm making my own food, every day (not that others aren't, and there's many more than me who get it done with better results and less time than I may have), training, working, life in general; sometimes I just want it to stop and live a "normal" non lifter lifestyle for a bit. And I did, for stint of a 4-7 day break a couple times the last quarter of the year. In all reality, I do NOT see myself as great as what you guys have said, I personally still see something that needs a ton of improvement. Probably always will, no matter level I may get to. Thank you for the compliments, really. But yes, it is absolutely one of the hardest and easiest things I do every day. If that makes any sense.

jalfrey

jalfrey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Dammit. I never get tagged anymore. First resolution of 2017 is to get more active on AM again!

sparks2012

sparks2012

Awards
Dammit. I never get tagged anymore. First resolution of 2017 is to get more active on AM again!
You're always welcome on any of my threads! I've been slacking lately too...don't feel bad!

sparks2012

sparks2012

Awards
Ah, forgot to mention, lemon drop mixed with rainbow sherbet tastes like skittles. I was trying to so hard to figure out what the mix tasted like yesterday then it hit me. Classic kid candy reminiscing FTW.

jalfrey

jalfrey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Haha! I appreciate it, bro!

I completely understand the problem with forcing one's self to take in a surplus of calories. I'm one of the odd people that has an easier time mentally with cutting than bulking. Then again I also have a very hard time keeping up with my calories between Thanksgiving and Christmas. So this year I'm chasing a strength goal rather than size.

And yes, you are great (no homo)!

Sparkss

Sparkss

Awards
  • Established
In for the noodz too!!

Although your pictures are a cross between shaming, err motivating me to do better and making me embarrassed to post my own pictures (and not want to leave the house without a thick sweater on, even in the summer time).

:D

Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
In for the noodz too!!

Although your pictures are a cross between shaming, err motivating me to do better and making me embarrassed to post my own pictures (and not want to leave the house without a thick sweater on, even in the summer time).

What ever. You got some nice lookin noodz.

Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hey brother Did I miss the products profile?

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Subbed and in!

ManimalPatB

ManimalPatB

Awards
YES!!!!!!!! It finally came!!! Great news!!! Excited for this one

sparks2012

sparks2012

Awards
In for the noodz too!!

there's women that make me feel the same way...one of the Celestial Bodies models Natasha Aughey or something like that...she's jacked but still gorgeous.

What ever. You got some nice lookin noodz.
Sparkss see? Live I've told you before!

sparks2012

sparks2012

Awards
Haha! I appreciate it, bro!

I completely understand the problem with forcing one's self to take in a surplus of calories. I'm one of the odd people that has an easier time mentally with cutting than bulking. Then again I also have a very hard time keeping up with my calories between Thanksgiving and Christmas. So this year I'm chasing a strength goal rather than size.

And yes, you are great (no homo)!
Man. You hit the nail on the head. After actually following through with the cut I did over the summer, it is SO much easier for me to restrict cals than to indulge on them. My plight is getting in quality calories with minimal help from supps...I'll admit I have one scoop of ON's Complex Gainer mixed in with oats in the morning but that's it for proteins/gainer supps. All other cals is from clean whole foods. That's the hard part.

sparks2012

sparks2012

Awards
Today's "strength/power" session went really well. My straps broke, like one just sheared right off. So, I had to pull mixed grip again. Still mustered 2 sets of 405 sumo pulls. Will start working on Touch n' Go's for those instead of dead stops. Decline bench worked up to 285 for a solid 4...no clue where this came from, probably all of this holiday food and this bad a$$ PWO stack. Nothing extraordinary for squats, still hitting in the 300's, but they do feel better overall so that's a good sign. Next session is hypertrophy focused, so I'll get a picture up after that one. So far, this stuff works just like any other iFN product I've used - fantastic!

ManimalPatB

ManimalPatB

Awards
Excellent work!!!!

FireTitan

FireTitan

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Today's "strength/power" session went really well. My straps broke, like one just sheared right off. So, I had to pull mixed grip again. Still mustered 2 sets of 405 sumo pulls. Will start working on Touch n' Go's for those instead of dead stops. Decline bench worked up to 285 for a solid 4...no clue where this came from, probably all of this holiday food and this bad a$$ PWO stack. Nothing extraordinary for squats, still hitting in the 300's, but they do feel better overall so that's a good sign. Next session is hypertrophy focused, so I'll get a picture up after that one. So far, this stuff works just like any other iFN product I've used - fantastic!
My man!! Always setting the bar!!

Sparkss

Sparkss

Awards
  • Established
there's women that make me feel the same way...one of the Celestial Bodies models Natasha Aughey or something like that...she's jacked but still gorgeous.

Sparkss see? Live I've told you before!
Thanks to both of you! :D

Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Nice job.

sparks2012

sparks2012

Awards
Thursday - Awesome hypertrophy focused session. Fell a couple reps short on DB OHP for the heaviest set, but made up for that by working up to close to 500 on plate loaded squat machine, facing the machine to mimic a front squat. That was also the first session I directly hit arms. Been training in a sweatshirt/hoody for a while, and I've spend less time on front of the mirror. Stripped down to a T-shirt and to my surprise my arms looked like they've grown...

Had a great pump, legs seem to be responding well. No direct pic of them as I couldn't get a good angle, but they're coming along.

Today is supposed to be heavy work, but I've come down with something. Just feel drained. No fever though, so I'm trying to feed this feeling away and get enough energy to have a productive session. I was also supposed to go to a NYE party tonight but I know alcohol will just make me feel worse.

sparks2012

sparks2012

Awards
BEAST73 thanks my man! Trying to get like you!

Still feel like dog sh1t today, didn't go yesterday and was hoping to hit it hard today. Apparently my body had other plans. Fingers crossed I can get in a good session tomorrow, I hate taking more than one day off in row, as it really just messes with my split and my mental focus on training. I have a feeling I'm gonna push myself to go regardless of how I feel tomorrow.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Sparks - I hope you feel better soon. Being sick and drained sucks.

I appreciate your taking my advice and saying you are sick so that it doesn't seem so easy for you! Haha.

Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Dam lookin good brother. That's one F in back !
I've been sick, I find hitting the gym makes me feel better, probably mental. Once I get home I feel like crap again.
Fever has been gone for a few days, but the congestion and crude still trying to hang on.

sparks2012

sparks2012

Awards
HIT4ME Studhorse lol man I'm telling you it hasn't been easy! Finally got back in the gym today (probably could've swung it yesterday but decided to rest another day, especially since it was my heavy session coming up) and "sweating it out" helped. Something I've picked up from an article I read on EliteFTS is anything from the neck up, train through it. Neck down, wait it out. Just having some semi-serious drainage and sore throat issues now...but tonight's session was productive. PR'd on Sumos, finally got more than 2 in a set @ 405, hit a set for 5 tonight strapless and beltless. My squat was garbage, but I knew that pulling first combined with not being 100% that would happen. Still busted it out though. Strength is slowly rising, super slowly on my squat (or my form is terrible and my mechanics are making it harder rather than easier to complete the lift). Anyway, glad to be back in it again. Pumps were still great despite hitting under 8 reps aside from some warmup work for everything.

Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
HIT4ME Studhorse lol man I'm telling you it hasn't been easy! Finally got back in the gym today (probably could've swung it yesterday but decided to rest another day, especially since it was my heavy session coming up) and "sweating it out" helped. Something I've picked up from an article I read on EliteFTS is anything from the neck up, train through it. Neck down, wait it out. Just having some semi-serious drainage and sore throat issues now...but tonight's session was productive. PR'd on Sumos, finally got more than 2 in a set @ 405, hit a set for 5 tonight strapless and beltless. My squat was garbage, but I knew that pulling first combined with not being 100% that would happen. Still busted it out though. Strength is slowly rising, super slowly on my squat (or my form is terrible and my mechanics are making it harder rather than easier to complete the lift). Anyway, glad to be back in it again. Pumps were still great despite hitting under 8 reps aside from some warmup work for everything.
Good to see you got to the gym!
Hope you get to feeling better soon!

sparks2012

sparks2012

Awards
Good to see you got to the gym!
Hope you get to feeling better soon!
Man, I hope so too. Normally I'm not sick with these kinds of symptoms for more than 2-4 days. It's been almost a week, and the recovery is slow. I HATE not feeling 100%.

sparks2012

sparks2012

Awards
Hypertrophy-Focused session:

Pumps were amazing, this stack paired with proper execution (which I'm finally getting to the point where I can control 95% of the lifts I do to isolate the proper group) is lethal. Strength faltered a little today, but that wasn't my main focus. I just couldn't hit more reps at the same weight I'd hit last time. Had some "cardio" with the wife beforehand, so that surely took a toll on things, but hey can't complain

Now about 3 hours out of the gym and I can still feel these pumps. Leg work (modified Hammer Strength squat to mimic front squat, walking lunges with 50lb KB/leg extensions, and standing hamstring curls) today was insane. The first three exercises were pretty quad dominant, so I did three straight sets alternating legs on the standing hammie curls to catch them up. Pump = painful. Good stuff. Finally got to a scale today and I'm holding right at 195, which is lower than I thought. When I came back from my binge in the states and finished up my cut I was sitting at like 189-ish, so this slow gain tells me 1 of 2 things - I'm doing it right this time around and not adding sh1t weight to my frame, or I'm not eating enough/training hard enough. The latter is a hard one to swallow if that is the case because everyone thinks they're a beast in the gym. With how beat up I feel by the end, and the DOMS despite being in a nutrient rich surplus I'm hoping I've actually nailed my intake and training this time around.

Comparison between end of November and now. I do miss the definition...but I don't notice much difference in size. Although my house doesn't have the lighting that the bathroom at the gym has sooooo...lol

Oh, and I really need to start training abs again

sparks2012

sparks2012

Awards
Jan 7: Strength focused. Session lacked the usually intensity as I was still kinda sick, more rest between sets and exercises. Not a huge issue. Performance didn't suffer hardly, if at all, as my pulls and even my squat improved again. Hit a single @ 295 on decline press. Left shoulder felt a little dry (I was knowingly dehydrated from being sick and not wanting to eat/drink much) so I guess that was my limiting factor.

Jan 9: Hypertrophy focused. Started with legs again and finished them brutally. Right into heavy-ish stiff leg pulls. Followed by some brutal walking lunges again with 50lbs added, legs were pumped beyond belief from those two alone. Another highlight was the chest tri-set/circuit to knock that out quick. Hammer Strength incline/decline then pec deck (180/230/100, respectively. All between 9-15 reps). 3 rounds of that and my chest was done. I was pumping out partials towards the end of the presses. Loving this stack still...everything is felt where it's supposed to and the mind/muscle connection (I'm assuming the Cogniplex blend is the culprit there) is off the wall too.

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hypertrophy-Focused session:

Pumps were amazing, this stack paired with proper execution (which I'm finally getting to the point where I can control 95% of the lifts I do to isolate the proper group) is lethal. Strength faltered a little today, but that wasn't my main focus. I just couldn't hit more reps at the same weight I'd hit last time. Had some "cardio" with the wife beforehand, so that surely took a toll on things, but hey can't complain

Now about 3 hours out of the gym and I can still feel these pumps. Leg work (modified Hammer Strength squat to mimic front squat, walking lunges with 50lb KB/leg extensions, and standing hamstring curls) today was insane. The first three exercises were pretty quad dominant, so I did three straight sets alternating legs on the standing hammie curls to catch them up. Pump = painful. Good stuff. Finally got to a scale today and I'm holding right at 195, which is lower than I thought. When I came back from my binge in the states and finished up my cut I was sitting at like 189-ish, so this slow gain tells me 1 of 2 things - I'm doing it right this time around and not adding sh1t weight to my frame, or I'm not eating enough/training hard enough. The latter is a hard one to swallow if that is the case because everyone thinks they're a beast in the gym. With how beat up I feel by the end, and the DOMS despite being in a nutrient rich surplus I'm hoping I've actually nailed my intake and training this time around.

Comparison between end of November and now. I do miss the definition...but I don't notice much difference in size. Although my house doesn't have the lighting that the bathroom at the gym has sooooo...lol

Oh, and I really need to start training abs again
Two different lightings, two different angles, two different rooms, cant compare bro. Go by how you feel, thats all that matters!

Sparkss

Sparkss

Awards
  • Established
or I'm not eating enough/training hard enough. The latter is a hard one to swallow if that is the case because everyone thinks they're a beast in the gym.
I hear you on that. I went to the doctor and had my lipid panel done earlier this week. My LDL came in high and HDL low. The doc said "you need to exercise more".. WTH!?!?!?! *sigh*

Two different lightings, two different angles, two different rooms, cant compare bro. Go by how you feel, thats all that matters!
Agreed. I have seen many pictures of you over the last year+ and the new ones you took at your home make you look smaller than you actually are. They are not a good representation of your progress.

sparks2012

sparks2012

Awards
True that my man...I'm feeling good so therefore it is good!

sparks2012

sparks2012

Awards
I hear you on that. I went to the doctor and had my lipid panel done earlier this week. My LDL came in high and HDL low. The doc said "you need to exercise more".. WTH!?!?!?! *sigh*

Agreed. I have seen many pictures of you over the last year+ and the new ones you took at your home make you look smaller than you actually are. They are not a good representation of your progress.
Sparkss! Good to see you bud! Doc said you need to exercise more? Did you take your shirt off and flex on him? You should've. I bet the doc doesn't even lift. On a serious note, how'd your lipid panel turn out? And yeah man, I don't know what it is but my house has terrible lighting for pictures like these. I need to find a way to replicate that one gym's bathroom everywhere I go

Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
sparks2012 lighting and post and pre workout make a big difference in pics.. important thing is you are still killin it!

6 weeks in.jpg

off day

Week 5 12-28-2016 4.jpg

next day after workout and better lighting.

Sparkss

Sparkss

Awards
  • Established
On a serious note, how'd your lipid panel turn out?
The numbers were pretty screwed, but I didn't take it fasted. I am going to try some supps for cholesterol control and try again in a month, fasted this time. I get my blood drawn a couple of times a year, so it is not like an undiagnosed issue that has been wreaking havoc on my heart. My last couple of lipid panels were borderline bad, but no where near what this one came out to be. But then again all previous ones were actual blood draws, this one was a finger prick draw. I am not sure if there is an efficacy issue with the finger version (and on-site machine analysis), but I will wait for the full-blown lab results version before I panic (unless they use the same small machine to test the blood LOL).

sparks2012

sparks2012

Awards
The numbers were pretty screwed, but I didn't take it fasted. I am going to try some supps for cholesterol control and try again in a month, fasted this time. I get my blood drawn a couple of times a year, so it is not like an undiagnosed issue that has been wreaking havoc on my heart. My last couple of lipid panels were borderline bad, but no where near what this one came out to be. But then again all previous ones were actual blood draws, this one was a finger prick draw. I am not sure if there is an efficacy issue with the finger version (and on-site machine analysis), but I will wait for the full-blown lab results version before I panic (unless they use the same small machine to test the blood LOL).
Well, at least you're getting tests a few times a year and it hasn't been running rampant for months or years. However, within the last few months your body chemistry has undoubtedly changed, due to the various events and the start of TRT and what not. I personally wouldn't put too much stock into it, but I'm "reckless" in that aspect because I believe most things can be taken care of without a doctor's or pharmaceutical company's intervention.