Intra gains with Vein Nutrition's Aorta

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. Intra gains with Vein Nutrition's Aorta

I'll be logging Aorta by Vein Nutrition. It's a new spin on intra workouts. Most intra workouts are coconut powder and or some bcaas and eletrolytes. Here's what Vein Nutrition sais about Aorta

https://www.veinnutrition.com/collec...nt=31122589828

First look to me it's more of a pre workout. That said I'll still be running this intra. I'll be using preworkouts which don't have Y, Eria, of DMHA. Large amounts of Y can ruin your workout. Just the right spot can definitely send workout to another level. DMHA is one of my favorite new stimulants especially when it's combined with Eria. The euphoria you get is long lasting from this combo. I do not understand the addition of arginine. I would prefer it be citrulline, but that is my opinion. This is definitely in it's own class of intra workouts unless you want to consider it similar to the bcaa+energy craze out there.

A little about me. I'm 5'10 210 and turned 42 on December the 18th. I train for strength and I've been bulking for the last year. I've dropped some weight for powerlifting events this year but that's about it. I compete at 181lbs. I am also a NASM-CPT. I run several classes a week including a dumbbell tabata class.

@VeinNutrition @sparks2012

2. Day 1 Smolov Jr day 15

Supplements - AM - Multivitamin Pack / Fish Oil
    - PRE - Master Blaster
    - Intra - Aorta

Smolov Day 15

Bench
    235x6 5 Sets
    235x10 ((I did a few extra))

Bent Over BB Row
    225x12 3 Sets

Low Cable Pulls
    200x15
    250x10
    300x4 PR never tried full stack

Tricep Pushdowns
    50x30 3 Sets

Cable Flyes
    40x20 2 Sets

Eliptical Hiit
    12 Minutes

Decline Ab Work
    25lb x 25 3 Sets

Sup Thoughts - I wanted to keep working! The taste was okay very light. It sais mix in 16oz plus. I started with 16 and it was definitely a light lemony flavor. The results though ... Euphoria was great and I wanted to just keep working.
    •   

3. Thanks for doing this log and giving feedback, I'll be following along!

To help answer some questions you brought up, this product can definitely be used as a preworkout, especially those who do not prefer the punch that DMAA brings and want a more "subtle" (but still really strong) ingredient which is DHMA. Aorta is labeled an intraworkout primarily because it focuses on more of a longer duration of effect as well as emphasizing an nitric oxide boost to fuel muscle pumps. We actually just released a BCAA/EAA/Carb blend called Transfusion which pairs really nicely with Aorta if you're looking for more of a BCAA + energy craze.

To answer the question of arginine vs citrulline, we truly intended our products to all be taken together for the best synergy i.e. in this case taking Aorta (arginine heavy) as an intra-workout along with Rupture (citrulline/C-M heavy) as a pre-workout. Evidence does suggest that citrulline may overall be better than arginine but both taken together outweigh the benefits of one being taken vs the other. If we have a lot of people suggesting we add or replace with citrulline in Aorta, we'd be happy to look at changing the formulation! We're very open to feedback.
    Vein Nutrition - Premium Bodybuilding Supplements
    www.VeinNutrition.com
    Email: [email protected]

4. In on this for sure!
    Official Strong Supplement Shop Board Rep
    www.strongsupplementshop.com
    Join Us In The Pursuit of Strength - Go Strong!

5. Quote Originally Posted by VeinNutrition View Post
    Thanks for doing this log and giving feedback, I'll be following along!

To help answer some questions you brought up, this product can definitely be used as a preworkout, especially those who do not prefer the punch that DMAA brings and want a more "subtle" (but still really strong) ingredient which is DHMA. Aorta is labeled an intraworkout primarily because it focuses on more of a longer duration of effect as well as emphasizing an nitric oxide boost to fuel muscle pumps. We actually just released a BCAA/EAA/Carb blend called Transfusion which pairs really nicely with Aorta if you're looking for more of a BCAA + energy craze.

To answer the question of arginine vs citrulline, we truly intended our products to all be taken together for the best synergy i.e. in this case taking Aorta (arginine heavy) as an intra-workout along with Rupture (citrulline/C-M heavy) as a pre-workout. Evidence does suggest that citrulline may overall be better than arginine but both taken together outweigh the benefits of one being taken vs the other. If we have a lot of people suggesting we add or replace with citrulline in Aorta, we'd be happy to look at changing the formulation! We're very open to feedback.
    Carb blend sounds great. I don't like to be all sunshine and roses. I do want to be honest in my log. I enjoyed workout using aorta so results were there.
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by pulsefit View Post
    Carb blend sounds great. I don't like to be all sunshine and roses. I do want to be honest in my log. I enjoyed workout using aorta so results were there.
    Absolutely , we only can ask for honest feedback ! We're very open to feedback and making products that people see the value in, so please do not be afraid to be critical.
    www.VeinNutrition.com

7. Day 2 Smolov Jr day 16

Sups - AM - Multivitamin Pack / Fish Oil / 3 grams of HMB powder split at breakfast lunch and dinner
    - PRE - White Rapids
    - Intra - Aorta

Smolov Day 16 Squats and Deads at 60%

Squats
    135x10
    225x10
    Working
    315x6 4 Sets

Deadlifts
    135x10
    225x10
    Working
    315x6 6 Sets
    315x15 AMRAP set

Good Mornings
    135x15 2 Sets
    185x10

Pull Ups
    BWx10 3 Sets

Sup Thoughts - As many reps as possible on deadlift after 36 reps was a little crazy but felt good. Probably had 2 more reps in me but did not want to destroy myself completely 15 reps is a lot. Aorta providing great energy through out. I ended with 5 minute walk on elliptical and stretching.

8. Quote Originally Posted by pulsefit View Post
    Day 2 Smolov Jr day 16

Sups - AM - Multivitamin Pack / Fish Oil / 3 grams of HMB powder split at breakfast lunch and dinner
    - PRE - White Rapids
    - Intra - Aorta

Smolov Day 16 Squats and Deads at 60%

Squats
    135x10
    225x10
    Working
    315x6 4 Sets

Deadlifts
    135x10
    225x10
    Working
    315x6 6 Sets
    315x15 AMRAP set

Good Mornings
    135x15 2 Sets
    185x10

Pull Ups
    BWx10 3 Sets

Sup Thoughts - As many reps as possible on deadlift after 36 reps was a little crazy but felt good. Probably had 2 more reps in me but did not want to destroy myself completely 15 reps is a lot. Aorta providing great energy through out. I ended with 5 minute walk on elliptical and stretching.
    Thanks for the update! Do you do any foam rolling with your stretching or warm up/cool down?
    www.VeinNutrition.com

9. Interesting product .. new to the co. Good on the log

10. Quote Originally Posted by VeinNutrition View Post
    Thanks for the update! Do you do any foam rolling with your stretching or warm up/cool down?
    Sometime not every time. Though I believe more benefits from foam rolling over static stretching.

11. Day 3 Smolov jr day 17

Sups - AM - MultiVitamin Pack / Fish Oil / HMB 3 Grams
    - PRE - White Rapids
    - Intra - Aorta

Thoughts - Man This is week 3 of benching 4 times a week and it's getting rough

Smolov Jr Day 17

Bench
    Warmup
    135x20
    Working
    245x5 7 Sets

Face Pulls
    80x20 3 Sets

Mountain Dog Destroyers
    50x10 25x15 15x15 2 Sets

Tricep Pushdowns
    50x25 4 Sets

Cooldown
    6 Minutes on Eliptical and then Stretching.

12. Quote Originally Posted by pulsefit View Post
    Sometime not every time. Though I believe more benefits from foam rolling over static stretching.
    I agree. I ask because your Day 2 workout would have my lower back screaming for some foam rolling lol

Quote Originally Posted by pulsefit View Post
    Day 3 Smolov jr day 17

Sups - AM - MultiVitamin Pack / Fish Oil / HMB 3 Grams
    - PRE - White Rapids
    - Intra - Aorta

Thoughts - Man This is week 3 of benching 4 times a week and it's getting rough

Smolov Jr Day 17

Bench
    Warmup
    135x20
    Working
    245x5 7 Sets

Face Pulls
    80x20 3 Sets

Mountain Dog Destroyers
    50x10 25x15 15x15 2 Sets

Tricep Pushdowns
    50x25 4 Sets

Cooldown
    6 Minutes on Eliptical and then Stretching.
    Don't do too much Smolov training, but I find it much easier doing 4x a week squatting versus 4x a week benching.
    www.VeinNutrition.com

13. Quote Originally Posted by VeinNutrition View Post
    I agree. I ask because your Day 2 workout would have my lower back screaming for some foam rolling lol

Don't do too much Smolov training, but I find it much easier doing 4x a week squatting versus 4x a week benching.
    This is the last week. Next week I'll go light everything and do a max bench. Then concentrate on squat.

14. Quote Originally Posted by pulsefit View Post
    This is the last week. Next week I'll go light everything and do a max bench. Then concentrate on squat.
    Nice, looking forward to seeing that max bench improvement
    www.VeinNutrition.com

15. Day 5 Smolov Jr Day 19

Sups - AM Multivitamin / Fish Oil / HMB Powder
    - Intra 200mgs Caffeine + Aorta ((Opened a caffeine pill into 16oz of Aorta and Water))

Smolov Day 19

Bench
    135x10
    225x10
    260x4 8 Sets

Rack Pulls
    405x10
    500x2 3 Sets

Lat Pulldowns
    210x10 3 Sets

Ab Work
    Weighted Sit Ups x 25 4 Sets

Cooldown
    12 Walking on Eliptical
    10 Minute Stretching

16. Day 7 Day 21

Sups AM - Multivitamin / Fish Oil / HMB Powder
    PRE - P.P.K
    Intra - Aorta

Day 7 Smolov Day 21 ((Light and Last day of Bench till Max attempt day))

Close Grip Bench
    135x15
    185x12 3 Sets

Incline Bench
    135x15 5 Sets ((30 seconds rest between sets))

Squats
    225x10 3 Sets
    275x 5 2 Sets
    315x 3 3 Sets
    315x9 AMRAP

Flyes
    110x15 5 Sets ((30 Seconds rest between sets))

Leg Extensions
    220x15
    230x12
    240x10

Cooldown
    6 Minutes on Eliptical
    10 Minute Stretching

17. Quote Originally Posted by pulsefit View Post
    Day 7 Day 21

Sups AM - Multivitamin / Fish Oil / HMB Powder
    PRE - P.P.K
    Intra - Aorta

Day 7 Smolov Day 21 ((Light and Last day of Bench till Max attempt day))

Close Grip Bench
    135x15
    185x12 3 Sets

Incline Bench
    135x15 5 Sets ((30 seconds rest between sets))

Squats
    225x10 3 Sets
    275x 5 2 Sets
    315x 3 3 Sets
    315x9 AMRAP

Flyes
    110x15 5 Sets ((30 Seconds rest between sets))

Leg Extensions
    220x15
    230x12
    240x10

Cooldown
    6 Minutes on Eliptical
    10 Minute Stretching
    What are you aiming for on max attempt day?
    www.VeinNutrition.com

18. Quote Originally Posted by VeinNutrition View Post
    What are you aiming for on max attempt day?
    Not sure tbh. The benches at my gym are too low and kill leg drive. My last best was 305 but that was with good benches. Anything above that would be fine. Bench is my weakest out of my big 3 lifts. It's the reason I ran smolov jr bench routine.

19. Quote Originally Posted by pulsefit View Post
    Not sure tbh. The benches at my gym are too low and kill leg drive. My last best was 305 but that was with good benches. Anything above that would be fine. Bench is my weakest out of my big 3 lifts. It's the reason I ran smolov jr bench routine.
    Do you use a powerlifting arch when you bench?

I'm particular about my equipment as well...the new gym I'm at has different grip indicators on the bars (where there's that small bit of smooth section on the bar) versus the gym I had been going to and it's throwing off my grip/bench spacing. I'm also particular about using old worn in bars versus newer shiny bars lol.
    www.VeinNutrition.com

20. Quote Originally Posted by VeinNutrition View Post
    Do you use a powerlifting arch when you bench?

I'm particular about my equipment as well...the new gym I'm at has different grip indicators on the bars (where there's that small bit of smooth section on the bar) versus the gym I had been going to and it's throwing off my grip/bench spacing. I'm also particular about using old worn in bars versus newer shiny bars lol.
    Yes. Welcome to check my instagram adam.hawkins.1029. I think there's few powerlifting event picks.

21. Quote Originally Posted by pulsefit View Post
    Yes. Welcome to check my instagram adam.hawkins.1029. I think there's few powerlifting event picks.
    Followed. If you can, get someone to video your max attempt, good luck!
    www.VeinNutrition.com

22. Day 9 and 11 Smolov Jr Bench Deload Week

Sups AM - Multivitamin / Fish Oil / HMB
    PRE - White Rapids
    INTRA - Aorta
    Feeling Rob Bailey Music lately

Day 9

Hiit Cardio on Eliptical
    45 Second Sprints on 15 Off for 15 Minutes

Abs
    45lb Plate Decline Bench Sit Ups x25 4 Sets

Tricep Pushdowns
    80x25 3 Sets

Preacher Curls
    75x15 4 Sets 30 Seconds between Sets

Cable Curls
    120x15 3 Sets 30 Seconds Between Sets

Hanging Leg Raises ((feet to bar))
    BWx10 3 Sets

Cooldown
    5 minute walking on elliptical
    10 minute stretching

Day 11

Deads
    225x10
    315x10
    Working
    405x5 5 Sets

Landmine Bent Over Rows
    200x10 3 Sets

Lat Pulldowns Close Grip
    210x8 3 Sets

Prone T-Bar Reverse Grip Rows
    2 Plates x 15 3 Sets

Romanian Deadlift with Shrug
    315x8 3 Sets

Bent Leg Good Mornings ((hip hinge))
    185x10 3 Sets

Cooldown
    5 Minutes Walking on Eliptical
    10 Minute Stretching.

Thoughts - I just want to keep working. Volume is a little on the high side but I want to keep going. Aorta has me pushing hard!

23. Kudos on keep a dedicated log with lifts. I tried to keep track of my lifts a long time ago and I could never do it haha. I used to be very structured with my lifting schedule too, i.e. Mon- X, Tues - Y, Wed -Z. But lately I've just been going more by feel and what I isn't sore/hasn't been worked on in a few days.
    www.VeinNutrition.com

24. Quote Originally Posted by VeinNutrition View Post
    Kudos on keep a dedicated log with lifts. I tried to keep track of my lifts a long time ago and I could never do it haha. I used to be very structured with my lifting schedule too, i.e. Mon- X, Tues - Y, Wed -Z. But lately I've just been going more by feel and what I isn't sore/hasn't been worked on in a few days.
    I try to keep to a program. I like the structure. I don't like winging it. I found my progress is better if I follow wave pattern to training.

25. Last Day of 2016 Workout

Sups - AM - Multivitamin Pack / Fish Oil / HMB
    - PRE - Aorta 300mgs Caffeine, 100mg Teacrine
    - Intra - Carb Drink

Thoughts - I was bummed could not get one of my buddies to spot me today so I found someone who I figured was an trainer ((happened to be a crossfit trainer lol but he spotted me so I could do max bench attempts today. No video cause couldn't get anyone to go to the gym today. Sure that changes next few weeks and I'll get a good pr attempt on video maybe deadlifts.

Max Bench Attempt Day Hypertrophy Legs

Bench
    135x20
    225x6
    295x1 ((went up quick and easy))
    315x1 ((failed I had it off the chest failed 3/4 of the way up, my elbows got loose and form went to crap cause I was too excited for the lift))
    305x1 ((went up decent, first time I've been able to get over 300 on these benches they're low and no leg drive))
    225x14 Rep PR

Squats
    225x12 4 Sets

Hack Squat
    2 plates each side x 14
    3 plates each side x 10
    4 plates each side x 8

Straight Legged Deadlifts
    225x15
    245x12
    275x10

Standing Calf Raises
    275x20 4 Sets

Leg Press Pyramind only time to grab weight or unrack weight
    1 Plate x 10 2 Plates x10 3 Plates x 10 4 Plates x 10 5 Plates x10 30 Second rest
    5 Plates x 12 4 Plates x 10 3 Plates x 14 2 Plates x 25 1 Plate x 30 Smoked

Core Work / Feet to Bar Touches
    BW x 10 3 Sets

Tricep Pushdowns
    60x30 3 Sets

Cooldown
    5 Minutes Walking on Treadmill
    10 Minutes Stretching.

Sup Thoughts This pre combo had me going through this tough workout. I enjoyed the aorta pre with a little caffeine and teacrine.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Lean gains with iron forged nutritions Most Wanted
    By Afi140 in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 71
    Last Post: 08-15-2017, 08:50 AM
  2. Bighulksmash travels to Gains city with vein nutritions Sedation
    By bighulksmash in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 262
    Last Post: 01-06-2017, 05:35 PM
  3. More sides less gains with Ph's?????
    By tommyboy in forum Anabolics