Gaspari's Precision Protein (sponsored)

habajaba

habajaba

Awards
  • Established
Really enjoying this tub of Neapolitan flavor Gaspari Select Protein. Thanks to danielmoo and crew for the opportunity to try this! Oh, and thanks to the Cubs for helping me win the contest by dragging it out in 7 :). I've been using it about a week and have written an initial review. I don't suspect anything will change. It is protein after all... But if it does, I will update here. Once I'm finished and Precision Protein is in the review section, I'll get this posted up there too. Here we go!

Presentation (6/5) - Clear tub really showcases the three different color powders, for the vanilla/chocolate/strawberry flavors. I find it kinda fun to check out my scoop and see what combination of colors I get each time.

Mixability (5/5) - Mixed great in water, no clumps or residue.

Taste (4/5) - There are quite a few great tasting options these days. The bar is high in protein. The first time I tried it, I thought I tasted artificial sweetener. But I also used too much water (8oz/1scp). The taste could have been in part to the strawberry flavoring as well. I cannot remember the last time I had strawberry flavoring in protein or any other supplement for that matter. Once I went to 8oz/2scp, I found the golden ratio. It's pretty cool to be able to pick out all three flavors and it tastes dead on, and has an ice cream kind of taste in there as well. I only knock it down a bit because there are so many great options that set the bar so high, it's tough to give protein a 5/5 unless it's the most amazing flavor I've ever had. This is a very solid flavor and I'm enjoying it quite a bit!

All in all, I think Gaspari has a winner here. If you're looking to get your Neapolitan fix, look no further than Gaspari's Precision Protein!

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Impressive that you can taste all the unique flavors. I'll have to check it out.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Same. I might have to give it a try!

FireTitan

FireTitan

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
My man habajaba!!! Glad youre liking it! Love me some Neapolitan! My dad always said there were only 4 flavors for REAL ice cream:vanilla, strawberry, chocolate and Neapolitan!!! You plan on doing anything with it outside of shakes?

habajaba

habajaba

Awards
  • Established
My man habajaba!!! Glad youre liking it! Love me some Neapolitan! My dad always said there were only 4 flavors for REAL ice cream:vanilla, strawberry, chocolate and Neapolitan!!! You plan on doing anything with it outside of shakes?
I leave the baking to TheSolution! I'm a plain kinda dude. Only even use water with my shakes. What did ya have in mind, brother?

FireTitan

FireTitan

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I leave the baking to TheSolution! I'm a plain kinda dude. Only even use water with my shakes. What did ya have in mind, brother?
Not much really. Maybe 8oz of plain greek yogurt , 1 scoop of Protein, and a few oz of almond milk. Stir, put it in the freezer for a bit, and restir. Repeat it for a little bit and make you some ice cream. Ive done it several times and it seems to knock my sweet tooth into check. Just never done it with Gaspari. Or a Neapolitan flavor. The only other thing I know how to make with Protein powder is pancakes, but don't think that flavor would be too good for it. But who knows

danielmoo

danielmoo

Awards
  • Established
Awesome stuff here, my man. Great review of Precision Protein and I appreciate you taking a picture to show the difference in the flavors. We'll take that rating and I understand the bar set for protein powders for sure.

Impressive that you can taste all the unique flavors. I'll have to check it out.
Same. I might have to give it a try!
Do it, fellas! You won't be sorry.

Not much really. Maybe 8oz of plain greek yogurt , 1 scoop of Protein, and a few oz of almond milk. Stir, put it in the freezer for a bit, and restir. Repeat it for a little bit and make you some ice cream. Ive done it several times and it seems to knock my sweet tooth into check. Just never done it with Gaspari. Or a Neapolitan flavor. The only other thing I know how to make with Protein powder is pancakes, but don't think that flavor would be too good for it. But who knows
I'm with you, I do the greek yogurt "ice cream" a lot with protein powder and it's great.

FireTitan

FireTitan

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Awesome stuff here, my man. Great review of Precision Protein and I appreciate you taking a picture to show the difference in the flavors. We'll take that rating and I understand the bar set for protein powders for sure.

I'm with you, I do the greek yogurt "ice cream" a lot with protein powder and it's great.
Yes sir!!

habajaba

habajaba

Awards
  • Established

OK now you and FireTitan have me intrigued. Will try this when I get home next week for sure!

FireTitan

FireTitan

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Always, brother!
habajaba I know you have returned to your home, so I expect to see some Gaspari Neapolitan ice cream ... SOON!!! Just got mine in today and cant wait to see whats its like. Popping a mini log up on it tomorrow!!!

habajaba

habajaba

Awards
  • Established
habajaba I know you have returned to your home, so I expect to see some Gaspari Neapolitan ice cream ... SOON!!! Just got mine in today and cant wait to see whats its like. Popping a mini log up on it tomorrow!!!
Actually funny. I finally made it to Publix yesterday to get the plain yogurt.

Was waiting till I scoop some out tonight to post about it.

Preview -

FireTitan

FireTitan

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Actually funny. I finally made it to Publix yesterday to get the plain yogurt.

Was waiting till I scoop some out tonight to post about it.

Preview -
Sweet!!!! Dont forget to add a bit of Almond or low fat milk to thin it out some.

habajaba

habajaba

Awards
  • Established
Sweet!!!! Dont forget to add a bit of Almond or low fat milk to thin it out some.
Too late :)

I did search around a bit yesterday and saw a few recipes that literally just used the yogurt and powder so I figured it was ok. I also went to run an errand in the middle of the first and second freeze cycles and accidentally let it get solid because the short errand went way longer than expected. So I had to let it thaw out a bit and re-stir it to get the consistency right.

I tasted a little bit last night and it was good. Woke up this morning and checked it out. Frozen rock solid. Guess the milk would have helped with that. Going to require a bit of thawing to spoon it out.

FireTitan

FireTitan

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Too late :)

I did search around a bit yesterday and saw a few recipes that literally just used the yogurt and powder so I figured it was ok. I also went to run an errand in the middle of the first and second freeze cycles and accidentally let it get solid because the short errand went way longer than expected. So I had to let it thaw out a bit and re-stir it to get the consistency right.

I tasted a little bit last night and it was good. Woke up this morning and checked it out. Frozen rock solid. Guess the milk would have helped with that. Going to require a bit of thawing to spoon it out.
Hahaha!!! Its like dealing with my son!! Hears what I say and does what he wants. Too funny. Trust me on the milk, stir it in until it's almost gelatinous!! Also, if you do the same in the morning without the freezing part, and add a scoop of oats--HOLY CRAP!!! High protein breakfast to start the day!!

habajaba

habajaba

Awards
  • Established
Hahaha!!! Its like dealing with my son!! Hears what I say and does what he wants. Too funny. Trust me on the milk, stir it in until it's almost gelatinous!! Also, if you do the same in the morning without the freezing part, and add a scoop of oats--HOLY CRAP!!! High protein breakfast to start the day!!
Haha, nice. my kids are the same way! To be fair, I didn't use the milk because I forgot it at the store and we don't normally have milk (of any variety) here. If I had it here, it was going in. But I'm WAY too lazy to drive back out to the store to get milk!

And yes, I've done that with oats. Back in the day, when I lost all the weight, that was my go to breakfast every day! Delicious!

habajaba

habajaba

Awards
  • Established
Here's the full tub of protein ice cream -

And, the money shot. The finished product!

I wound up using 2.5 scoops of the Gaspari Precision Protein Neapolitan flavor with 24oz of 2% plain Greek yogurt. Tasting it at room temp while mixing it, 2 scoops wasn't quite enough flavoring. 2.5 in the finished product is a perfect balance. This tastes like Neapolitan ice cream. Crazy stuff! :)

Thanks FireTitan for the suggestion!