Jayo84 tries Cordyceps for the first time in Primaforce Peak 02

jayo84

jayo84

Awards
  • Established
Part 1

Thanks to the team at Primaforce @The Solution and @1Fast400 for this chance to try Peak 02!

Product information:

Supports exercise time to exhaustion*
Promotes maximum power output*
Increases anaerobic Peak power output*
Supports oxygen unionization during exercise*
Organic, Non-GMO and Gluten Free!
Formulated for serious athletes seeking to support physical performance, Peako2 maximizes human power and endurance, it no wonder bodybuilders, team sport athletes, cross fitters, mma fighters, cyclists and strength and endurance enthusiast are all incorporating PEAKo2 into their supplement regimens. There is no quicker, simpler way to unleash the power within.

In a nutshell Cordyceps is a fungus that has many health benefits such as anti-inflammatory, ATP booster, fight diabetes, help the liver,boost testosterone, improves oxygen utilization and many others!! I am truly impressed with the list of benefits with this mushroom.

Pleurotus eryngii= This mushroom is an excellent energy booster and many sportsmen are pondering how they can get a regular supply so that they can incorporate it in their diet, also can stimulate the immune system!

Shiitake= Most people are familiar with this mushroom, Comparing the vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, and phytonutrients between foods, shiitake mushrooms are completely unique. Copper figures most prominently, with 65% of the daily value per serving, significant because copper is one of the few metallic elements accompanied by amino and fatty acids, essential to human health. Linoleic acid is one. Since the body can't synthesize copper, our diets must supply it regularly. But researchers say that not only do few people eat adequate amounts of copper-containing foods, but copper deficiency can also be a factor in coronary heart disease development.
Right behind copper is pantothenic acid and selenium, which provide 52% and 51% of the daily value, respectively. Riboflavin, niacin, zinc, and manganese play supportive roles, along with ergothioniene, an antioxidant that inhibits oxidative stress.
Shiitake mushrooms also contain strong compounds having the natural ability to discourage inflammation, tumors, "bad" bacteria, harmful viruses, and, ironically, fungus. B vitamins such as B2, B5 and B6 are part of the package, providing energy by breaking down fats, carbs, and proteins.

jayo84

jayo84

Awards
  • Established
Part 2

Hericium Erinaceus =Studies have indicated that the mushroom Hericium Erinaceus can be used to lull inflammation and cool down ulcers. The ulcers alluded to here are the gastric kind as well as those of the oesophagus. Usually a person suffering gastric ulcers will experience pain in the abdomen. This intense pain can trigger other conditions such as weight loss or insomnia. Sometimes there is indication that digestion is not carrying on as it should. Other symptoms of Gastric ulcers include vomit with blood traces and or stool with blood traces too. A person suffering gastric ulcers can also experience fatigue. These are the symptoms that the mushroom Hericium Erinaceus clears.

Ulcers of the Oesophagus are usually caused by Gastrooesophageal reflux disease commonly shortened to GERD. The patient finds it painful to swallow food or drinks and there is prevalence of abdominal pains and vomiting. The patient also loses weight too. It is medically advisable for the patient to begin treatment before the ulcers deteriorate to the point of narrowing the tract. If it gets to that stage, the ulcer is referred to as Barret Ulcer.
The mushroom also treats Pancreatitis. Pancreatitis is a medical condition where one’s pancreas becomes inflamed. It is caused by digestive enzymes performing their duty in the wrong location - the pancreas instead of the small intestine. This results in gradual corrosion of the pancreas and subsequent acute pain. Crohn’s disease is can also be treated by the Hericium Erinaceus mushroom. The disease is characterized by the inflammation of the gut walls. A part of the gut can be inflamed or the whole gut can be inflamed making it look like patchwork. However, the ileum seems to be the most vulnerable.
The mushroom also helps in reducing Hemorrhoids. Hemorrhoids are enlarged blood vessels at the bottom of the rectum around the anus. Although sometimes not painful, their existence is usually known due to the presence of blood smears during bowel movement. If there are blood clots in the enlarged veins, then sharp pain is inevitable.
People have particularly embraced this mushroom due to its tendencies to fight various cancers. The cancers include intestinal and pancreatic cancers and stomach cancers. The mushroom also fights esophageal cancer. When a person takes Hericium Erinaceus in the course of chemotherapy, it has been observed to significantly reduce the sometimes horrible side effects associated with chemotherapy. This makes it bearable for the patient to undergo complete chemotherapy without feeling fatigued, sick or nauseous.
The mushroom is also known to positively counter with osteoporosis. This condition normally comes with advancing age. The bones, particularly those of the spine, begin to corrode and become weak. This can sometimes cause pain especially if the person is exposed to pressure. Hericium Erinaceus slows down the rate at which the bones corrode and encourage a sort of repair process. It also lulls the pain and gives back some peace to the patient.
The mushroom is also recommended for people who are interested in shedding weight or to keep their weight in check especially since it lacks saturated fats. As the mushroom wades off infection, it strengthens the person’s immunity and promotes overall bodily health.

Trametes versicolor=The ubiquitous turkey tail is not a gourmet mushroom. You won't see them on a five star menu sauteed with wild leeks. This species has one main claim to fame: as a medicinal mushroom. And a powerful one at that.
What makes it so potent? It's full of a protein-bound molecule known as PSK, or polysaccharide K. A polysaccharide is simply a complex carbohydrate that is made up of a repeating chain of simple sugars.
Not a very sexy definition, but many polysaccharides (including PSK) have been shown to boost the immune system to fight infection and many different types of cancers.
PSK works by suppressing the growth of tumor cells, inhibiting the expression of genes that have the potential to cause cancer, and stimulating the immune system to produce more of the body's own cells that attack foreign cells.

Takeaway So this product is obviously loaded with a ton of potential health benefits besides the sports uses. I am truly impressed they are able to include these ingredients at such a low price. I would expect a product to cost twice as much as this one does

My Use I plan on using 2g before workout and 2g towards the end. I train crossfit 3-4x a week and this should help me perform the High intensity portions!

A look at the good stuff!! Bonus Shaker included!! Sweet!

jayo84

jayo84

Awards
  • Established
First Use

The product mixes very well and I am impressed that there really is no flavor, some "unflavored" product taste terrible lol.

I decided to use 2g before my 8:30 barbell class, and another 2g at 9:30 before my crossfit class. The workout was pretty intense and it was hard to tell if this is working yet, I would imagine it will take a few more doses to build up, but I believe I was able to catch my breath better after the movements better than usual, not sure if this is yet true or not, but It will be proven soon enough!

Today will be a day of rest, so i'll take a dose after digesting some of my breakfast!

emiliozapata

emiliozapata

Awards
  • Established
Very intriguing product and log- is there a way you could quantify the results with some data ? i.e. max reps with a given weight in push presses, 1/4 mile run time, 1/2 mile run time etc.

I will look into this product myself as it seems free of bunk, my concern though with any mushroom products is the source as many are straight out of china which would be a no-no for me- edited to add;

I did go look at the product- does say USDA certified organic ( which doesn't mean a lot) , non- GMO etc. which all sounds great but still wondering on the source- can any Primaforce people chime in on this?

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Outstanding setup to get this rocking and rolling man.
lets see the feedback what you have to say and how it impacts your training!!!!
1Fast400!

jayo84

jayo84

Awards
  • Established
Very intriguing product and log- is there a way you could quantify the results with some data ? i.e. max reps with a given weight in push presses, 1/4 mile run time, 1/2 mile run time etc.

I will look into this product myself as it seems free of bunk, my concern though with any mushroom products is the source as many are straight out of china which would be a no-no for me- edited to add;

I did go look at the product- does say USDA certified organic ( which doesn't mean a lot) , non- GMO etc. which all sounds great but still wondering on the source- can any Primaforce people chime in on this?
Yeah, I have been thinking this one through in my head if there are any workouts that I can test against. One my my favorite workouts to love/hate is the 7 minute burpee. After making myself sick in thinking about this one, I feel it should be the ultimate test of endurance and strength.. I will go ahead and put myself through 7 minutes of hell just for the sake of this log!

Rules are simple. 7 minutes to perform as many burpees as possible... My last number was 92.. That should serve as my benchmark number.. I guess that will be the epic conclusion to this log beside all the other information I plan on posting..

We sometimes do repeat workouts and they are tracked in a database, so I should be able to compare other workouts as well.

Crossfit Terminology
I know for a lot of people you may not know what a bunch of the acronyms are so I will post some here
Amrap=As many reps/rounds as possible
1 RM=1 rep max
WOD= Workout of the day
S2OH=Shoulders to overhead, our choice of movement..
G2OH=Ground to overhead
HSPU=Handstand Pushups
T2B= Toes to Bar
METCON=Metabolic Conditioning = these will be the area I am interested in seeing this product help
KB=Kettlebell
ME=Max Effort
K2E=Kneed to elbow, Hanging on bar

Todays Wokout

Strength
A: Front Squat (3 sets x 2 reps @ 95% ) (% of 1 RM)
B: Back Squat (2 sets x 2 reps @ 90%) (% of 1 RM

Skill
Muscle-ups (Rings) (practice/progressions) Fun to work on.. I can do singles but have yet to string together.

Conditioning
Scaled Nasty Girls (Time)
3 rounds for time
50 Air Squats
7 Muscle-Up Progressions
10 Hang Power Cleans, 135#95#/65#

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Nice detail man! In on this!

jayo84

jayo84

Awards
  • Established
Thanks! Ok ill put out a teaser here. I killed the freaking workout hard tonight!! I surprised myself. Will put up some details in the morning!!

jayo84

jayo84

Awards
  • Established
Sorry for the teaser!

I didn't have a lot of time to post details last night.

Yesterdays numbers were

Todays Wokout

Strength
A: Front Squat (3 sets x 2 reps ==245lbs!!
B: Back Squat (2 sets x 2 reps==280lbs!

Conditioning
Scaled Nasty Girls (Time)
3 rounds for time
50 Air Squats
7 Muscle-Up Progressions
10 Hang Power Cleans, 115lbs

I was able to get all 3 rounds in 7:36!! Second fastest male in the gym! Lost by 40 seconds to a 16 year old phenom who deadlifts 500+ and squats 450! he is an absolute killer and we expect him to make it big in the future! I have no problem losing to him by :40 lol. I am twice his age!

Also, I never really redlined my heart rate during the workout! I was pushing hard enough to make that happen, so I am thinking this product is doing something!!

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
the more you use it, the more effective it will become. Just keep reaping the benefits buddy!

jayo84

jayo84

Awards
  • Established
the more you use it, the more effective it will become. Just keep reaping the benefits buddy!
Will do!

Today's workout was a lifting sesh. Shoulders traps and some biceps

My rest periods were much shorter today as I felt ready to go quicker!

Seated DB Press, 45lbx8R, 50lbx8R, 55lb x 8R, Dropset 60lbs x 4, 50lb x 6, 40lbs x 5 , 20lbs x 10 ouch!
Lateral DB Raise, 15lbs x 8, 20lbs x 8, Dropset, 25lbs x 5+20lb x 5+15lb x 6 +10lb x 5 DONE!
Single Cable Front Raise, 15lbs x 8, 17.5lbs x 8 ,Dropset 25lb x 9,+20lb x 8+15lb x4 DONE!
High Cable Rear Delt Fly, 20lbx8, 30lb x 8, DROP 40lbx 4+30lb x 8+20lb x17
DB Shrug, 55lb x8, 60lb x 8, 70lb x6, DROP, 60lb x 8+ 55lb x 7+50lb x 6
Barbell Bicep Curl, 45lbs x8, 55lbs x 8
Incline Bench DB Curl, 20lbx 8, 30lb x 8, 30lb x 6 + 20lbs x 8

Felt great!

bloodnthunder

bloodnthunder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Log looks great

jayo84

jayo84

Awards
  • Established
Log looks great
Thanks!

Wednesday was a rest day.

Yesterday was a pretty tough WOD.

Skill
KB Overhead Carry (5 sets x 100ft)==Ended up with 2 53lb kettlebells overhead for 3 sets of 100ft.

Conditioning==Ended with 236 Reps total.
Metcon (AMRAP - Reps)
5 rounds for total reps:
-30 sec ME KB swings (24kg/16kg) (16kg/12kg)
-30 sec REST
-30 sec ME Tuck throughs
-30 sec REST
-30 sec ME pull ups/barbell row
-30 sec REST
-30 sec ME Wallballs (20/14) (14/10)
-30 sec REST

Felt pretty good. No rest in between rounds was rough..

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Any changes in recovery , endurnace, or performance to note?

jayo84

jayo84

Awards
  • Established
Since this was the first time running this type of wod, it's hard to compare.. I do notice that after the workout, it seems I can catch my breath a little better. I feel ready to move on with the day..

jayo84

jayo84

Awards
  • Established
Today will be a rest day again.

Tomorrow will be a big test again. 8:30 Barbell class then 9:30 partner/team wod! I plan on taking a dose at 8:20 and 9:20.

Today I just mixed in a serving of Peak 02 with my coffee! Not bad at all. Again the flavorless isn't bad!

jayo84

jayo84

Awards
  • Established
Saturday was another tough workout! More details to follow!

jayo84

jayo84

Awards
  • Established
Saturdays Workout
Barbell
A: Hang Muscle Snatch + Drop Snatch ==75lbs
B: Snatch (60/3, 70/3, 80/3, 85/2, 90/2, 85/3)==115lbs
C: Hang Muscle Clean + Shoulder Press (30/3+3 x 4 sets)==95lbs
D: Clean and Jerk (60/3, 70/3, 80/3, 85/2, 90/2, 85/2)==165

Team Workout
Metcon (Time)
Teams of 2 for time:
-400m run together
-500m row each
-25 burpees each
-400m run together
-25 T2B each
-25 ring dips each
-400m together
-25 split jumps/side each
-25 pull ups/ring rows each

On the "each" movements, one person works on one movement until all reps are completed. Once completed partners will switch and complete the other movement.

I was paired with one of the top guys in the gym, so I knew I would be pushed to my limit. Fortunately, these moves are within my strengths!
I was on the verge of redline during the whole workout but never was doubled over gasping for breath. This leads me to believe Peak 02 must be doing its job!

Sunday was rest day so i took 1 scoop in the am and one mid day.

Monday
Decided on lifting yesterday.
Chest and arms
I felt like I did not need any rest between my 5 rep sets. Its crazy! Even after drop setting with as many as 25 reps, I felt ready for the next movement!!
Dosed pre workout and midway

I should be sore as hell today, but so far not too bad!

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Any way you could summarize your feedback on peak 02 so far?

jayo84

jayo84

Awards
  • Established
At this point I can see an improvement in

**Catching my breath after sets/workouts
**Maintaining endurance between sets
**Avoiding Heart Rate Redline during workouts.

jayo84

jayo84

Awards
  • Established
I pushed it to the max yesterday and it paid off!

There was only 3 people including myself in the 5pm class. The 1 guy was a scaled person, (usually scales most workouts) and the female was the #1 female in the gym! I knew I would struggle to keep up, but I gave it my best.

Workout

Strength
Snatch (6-6-4-4-2-2) ==Worked to 105lbs, May never get good at these I have came to terms with that...
Increase weight each set. Concentrate on NO MISSES over PR attempts.

Conditioning==Time for me: 22:46!! Best male in the gym!
Metcon (Time)
3 rounds for time:

RX+:
-33 T2B
-33 box jumps (24"/20")
-33 burpees

So I kept up with the girl for the entire first round, but she started to get a lead in the toes to bar. She was at a 6 rep lead off of the bar, but box jumps and burpees are my sh**. I was within 2 reps after the box jumps, and then I finished first out of the burpees At this point I am begining to red line.. Taking longer rests than before but still pushing hard. Of course she killed me in toes to bar with a large 9 rep lead.. I knew I would close the gap a little but I was struggling. I hit the box jumps hard and cranked out 9 reps rebounding. this red lined me for sure, The nice part is I was able to get my breath back and smoothly bust out a bunch more. She finished the box jumps 6 reps ahead of me and I knew I would have to dig deep if I had any chance of catching her. I hit the burpees with my max effort and crushed 8 real fast, she got a little worried but I layed on the floor for a bit as I peaked again. I tried to maintain a slower pace but I was fighting a losing battle. When I got within 7 reps of 33 I just went all out did not care about the feeling of death. Unfortunately she did finish 23 seconds before me. but I learned a lesson here. Smooth is fast. She kept moving at a reasonable pace and that is what lead to victory.

Fortunately I can thank Peak 02 for allowing me to still function at high heart rate intervals!
I was able to catch my breath better allowing me to finish..

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
You will get her!! no question about it man.. Keep grinding and keep rocking the peak 02!!!

jayo84

jayo84

Awards
  • Established
You will get her!! no question about it man.. Keep grinding and keep rocking the peak 02!!!
Thanks man!

She is only 24 years old and was a college rower as well as tri-athalon runner. She is crazy!

jayo84

jayo84

Awards
  • Established
YO!

Hope everyone recovered from food coma this week! haha, I actually didn't over eat at all!

I enjoyed a post thanksgiving team workout on friday and doubled up again on saturday.

I am fighting a cold that could have gotten worse but it's not taking me down.It is not getting as bad as it usually does. I am thinking that Peak o2 may be helping my immune system!

After a solid 2 weeks of taking this product I can say I am enjoying

**Catching breath faster between movements and after workouts
**Great work capacity until red line
**Better recovery

It's strange, but it seems I have to re learn my limits as I pushed past what I thought was limit, and I was able to push a few more reps before I needed to stop.. Pretty cool!

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Great update there man. Was wondering how you were doing!!
how much Peak02 do you have left? I cant wait to see your final review.

jayo84

jayo84

Awards
  • Established
Hard to judge how much is left.. Maybe 40%..

jayo84

jayo84

Awards
  • Established
Had a grueling workout saturday.
Barbell
A: Hang Muscle Snatch + Drop Snatch (35-40/2+2 x 3 sets)=65lbs
B: Snatch (60/2, 70/2, 80/2, 85/2, 88/2, 92/1, 85/2)=up to 125lbs!
C: Hang Muscle Clean + Shoulder Press (35-40/2+2 x 3 sets)==105lbs
D: Clean and Jerk (60/2, 70/2, 80/2, 85/2, 88/1, 92/1, 85/2)==Worked to 145lbs for 2 and focusing on form

MetconTeams of 3:

6 rounds for time:
-10 pull ups
-partners in wall sit
-10 over the box jumps (24"/20")
-partners holding bar (225/155)
-10 DB push press (45/35)
-partners in plank hold

I was certainly pushed to the limit. Peak o2 helped for sure

Monday
Monday was the hardest I pushed in order to try and beat the #1 female. It was another body weight workout as seen here

Strength
Clean and Jerk (6-6-4-4-2-2)==Worked up to 165lbs for 2. My form is getting better and these are feeling lighter than ever! I should be able to break my 180lb 1rm soon!

Conditioning

Metcon (Time)=====16:30!!!
4 rounds for time:
-25 push ups
-25 sit ups
-25 pull ups/ring rows
-25 air squats

*24 minute time cap.

So there were a few people who capped on time due to the pull ups. If you don't have kipping you will have a very hard time. Also those with butterfly pull-ups will kill this workout. I can only kip so it was still rough.

I was able to set a very high pace out of the gate with 2 rounds in the #1 spot. I started to slow down a bit in the situps and the pull ups. The female usually comes in hard in middle and the end and she did. she caught up to me by the end of the third and actually hit the pull-up rig before me. I gave it everything I had and was able to get all the pull-ups in 3 reps ahead! Just needed to do 25 air squats and I would get it! I started a moderate pace but she came in very fast so I had to push beyond my normal level and was able to get her by :04 !!! She was pissed and surprised. She knows my abilities pretty well and she said and I quote " you came out fast but I didn't think you would be able to maintain!" she was impressed.

So not only am I starting to feel the benefits, it's getting noticed!!!

1Fast400

Awards
  • Established
I say over and over, this is one of the best supplements someone can add to their supplement regimen. Thanks for the feedback

jayo84

jayo84

Awards
  • Established
Sure thing. I plan on purchasing a tub on friday when I get paid. I don't want to run out!

jayo84

jayo84

Awards
  • Established
Thursday and friday I used as rest days. Saturday was Barbell and Team WOD.

I hit a new PR in my clean and jerk with 185lbs! Thats a 10 lb PR! I felt it coming.

The team WOD was another tough one but made it out strong. It was teams of 3. I was teamed up with 2 bigger guys that are middle of the road with performance. I was able to push them a little bit as I perform a little stronger usually.

Metcon
Teams of 3:

For time:
-1500m row
-60ft wheel barrel (each person)
-120 wall balls (20/14)
-150 cleans (95/65)
-120 wall balls (20/14)
-60ft wheel barrel (each person)
-1500m row

Our time was 30:40..

Getting pretty low on Peak o2. Time to wrap it up! I will follow up with a final entry in a bit..

I am going to buy Xtend Perform to get the benefit of BCAA and Peak o2

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Xtend Perform is a game changer man... Really if you loved bulk peak02 you will enjoy the addition in Xtend Perform.

jayo84

jayo84

Awards
  • Established
Yesterday's Workout was awesome!

I actually doubled up! Crossfit then Barbell class!

Strength
1 REP MAX DAY!!!===Nailed my PR!!!! 280lbs!!! 20lbs over my last attempt!! Stoked!! 4th Best front squat in the gym!
Front Squat (60/2, 70/2, 80/2, 85/1, 90/1, 95/1, 101+/1x3sets)

Conditioning

Metcon (AMRAP - Rounds and Reps)==I Hit 9 Rounds and 8 Reps!! 3rd best!
AMRAP 8 minutes:
-8 alt KB snatch
-2 wall walks

RX: 16kg/12kg

Barbell

A: Front Squat (5 sets x 1 rep (increasing each set))==Obviously didnt max out again, Went for 235lb for 1
Warm-up with 3-4 sets of doubles before starting the singles.
B: Jerk in Split (50/4x4sets)==105lbs
C: Split Jerk (5 sets x 3 reps (increasing each set))==135lbs for 3

jayo84

jayo84

Awards
  • Established
I always hate to finish a log but it has to happen. I am down to a few more servings so it would seem you get the amount of servings as advertised.

Mixing this into a bcaa is the best option as drinking it by itself does have a weird taste. Mixed in is no issue at all. It mixes well, with a little bit of grit in the end.
I feel so strongly about the effects I ended up ordering a tub of Xtend Perform that contains Peak o2!!

Results
I can say that I felt 2 distinct effects:
A.Greater time to reach redline, before I have to stop and catch my breath
B. After a set, I would be able to move on quickly to the next movement and recover faster. Not only did I notice this, but a very comparable gym competitor mentioned that they were impressed with my ability to maintain the intensity in some of the workouts, as they felt that I should have burned out!!

Unexpected effect!! BONUS

For a week I felt the normal cold coming on and it was only a matter of time before I knew I would be down for the count. I had mild sore throat, congestion and nasal pressure, BUT! the symptoms were only mild and then went away as where normally I think they would have gotten worse. I believe the Immune support is legit as well!!

Effectiveness10/10

This product delivers everything as advertised and at a great price as well!

Thank you The_Solution and Primaforce for this awesome opportunity to discover a new staple to my supplement regiment.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
You are more then welcome man. Thanks so much for your honesty and your detailed feedback.