Angcd3 hitting his peak with Primaforce Peak 02 (Sponsored Log)

angcd3

angcd3

Awards
First thank you to, The Solution and 1Fast400 , for giving me the opportunity to give this product a run. Really looking forward to see how it can improve my cardio and allow me to push myself even more. This will be my first log on AM so looking forward to that as well. Should be fun and totally new type of supplement for me.

peak02.jpg
Peak-O2-by-Primaforce.jpg

angcd3

angcd3

Awards
Reserved

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Inbro!

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Reserved for Final Review?
need an initial review first man!

like stated:
recovery
performance
endurnace
intensity techniques
effects on training
effects on cardio

we want you to pinpoint all of these!
the tags did not work so ill tag mike for you 1Fast400 so he can lurk along!

Thanks for getting this up!

angcd3

angcd3

Awards
Reserved for Final Review?
need an initial review first man!

like stated:
recovery
performance
endurnace
intensity techniques
effects on training
effects on cardio

we want you to pinpoint all of these!
the tags did not work so ill tag mike for you 1Fast400 so he can lurk along!

Thanks for getting this up!
No doubt bro. I was planning on covering all those points and give my first opinion as well. no worries. and thanks for fixing my tags..
Even though it's my first log I promise I won't let you guys down.

angcd3

angcd3

Awards
Came home to find this waiting for me ! Thanks for the shaker it's huge ! Getting this started Monday!

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
In on this!

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm in for the endurance!!

angcd3

angcd3

Awards
Today will be first day adding the PEAK 02 into my workout.
My plan for dosing will be:
On days that I do cardio immediately after weights I will take 1 pre mixed in my pre work out and one during in my BCAA's
On days that my cardio will be a couple hours after the gym(basketball or soccer), I will save the second dose to drink pre game time.

Today's workout will be Bi's and tri's followed by two miles on the tread mill. (also hitting body weight max rep on squat before i start for a challenge I'm doing)
I will be super setting my arm workout. I love training arms this way as I feel it keeps them feeling full and pumped the entire workout and I plan on upping the intensity on my cardio will plan to keep both miles under 8min/mile. i will post my actual workout initial thoughts and result's tomorrow morning... so stay tuned...

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Today will be first day adding the PEAK 02 into my workout.
My plan for dosing will be:
On days that I do cardio immediately after weights I will take 1 pre mixed in my pre work out and one during in my BCAA's
On days that my cardio will be a couple hours after the gym(basketball or soccer), I will save the second dose to drink pre game time.

Today's workout will be Bi's and tri's followed by two miles on the tread mill. (also hitting body weight max rep on squat before i start for a challenge I'm doing)
I will be super setting my arm workout. I love training arms this way as I feel it keeps them feeling full and pumped the entire workout and I plan on upping the intensity on my cardio will plan to keep both miles under 8min/mile. i will post my actual workout initial thoughts and result's tomorrow morning... so stay tuned...
Good setup for dosing.

Training 1 pre and 1 intra (perfect) as you stated
I am eager to see how you respond to Peak 02 for one your workouts and 2 your sporting events. It will play an advantage towards both.

Rock it out man, I am taking notes to see how you like the Peak02, how it helps your intensity, recovery and performance in and out of the gym!!!

angcd3

angcd3

Awards
Good setup for dosing.

Training 1 pre and 1 intra (perfect) as you stated
I am eager to see how you respond to Peak 02 for one your workouts and 2 your sporting events. It will play an advantage towards both.

Rock it out man, I am taking notes to see how you like the Peak02, how it helps your intensity, recovery and performance in and out of the gym!!!
Thanks bro. I'm looking forward to see how it helps with the sports as well. !

angcd3

angcd3

Awards
Ok I used the peak work out both before and during my workout last nite.
Initial impression was, I was surprised when I opened the container to find the powder brown i guess I was just expecting white for some reason. But besides that it mixed right into my pre no mixing issues at all and besides that fact that it changed the color of my pre a little you wouldn't even know it was in there, same for my BCAA's during my workout. So my work out was the following

Super-set of bi's/tri's all exercies were 4 sets/10/15 reps 30sec to 1min rest between sets

Barbell curl/close grip bench
Rope hammer curls/push-downs
Dumbbell curls/kickback (finished my BCAA's with Peak at this point)
Bent over cable curls/one arm cross body pushdown
finished with 25lbs isometric curls with slow paused dips
Cardio
2 miles on the tread mill 15:30

First day i really did not see any noticeable difference during the weight portion of my work out but I will say that during my cardio my breathing did seem slightly better. When I run for the first 1/4 to 1/2 mile is what usually takes me to get in the groove so to say but my breathing did seem more controlled, for a better lack of word. Maybe I was just being more aware? This will be something to watch for if it continues.

Tonight's work out it back then 2 hrs of basketball later in the evening so I will be spitting my doses to have pre for both. Looking forward to see any difference during basketball.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Improved breathing and VO2 Max increase will become more apparent.. Just keep taking notes as you go along.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I've noticed an ability to breath deeper.

angcd3

angcd3

Awards
Improved breathing and VO2 Max increase will become more apparent.. Just keep taking notes as you go along.
Planning on it.. this is pretty exciting stuff. really being 40 yrs old and playing sports against guys sometime 1/2 my age I can always use a little extra help!

angcd3

angcd3

Awards
So here is last nights workout :

Took one serving of Peak with my pre workout
Back 4 sets 10-12 reps
Pull ups 5x10
T-bar rows
Barbells rows
Dumbbell rows
pullovers
close grip lat pulldown
Seated rows

2 Hours later took second dose Before playing 2 hrs of basketball.

Once again I did not notice any thing different during my weight session.. But I did notice a difference during basketball. Two main things to note:
One during and after sprinting up and down the court my breathing was much better more controlled and not as winded, it wasn't like a huge difference but definitely noticeable. The second was between games recovery seemed to improve meaning I was able to be ready to go cardio wise sooner. Only my second day taking this but I can already see some benefits cardio wise, not sure if this will improve as the peak builds up in my system( not sure if it works that way or not) but will be interesting to see.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
i know MidwestBeast said he loved it for sports and noticied a huge change in recovery from the physical aspeect of the demand for the VO2 max it provided.
Good stuff here.

angcd3

angcd3

Awards
i know MidwestBeast said he loved it for sports and noticied a huge change in recovery from the physical aspeect of the demand for the VO2 max it provided.
Good stuff here.
Excellent.. !!

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Good stuff here.

But yeah, I can't say much for in the gym lifting-wise. I wasn't able to tell a discernable difference there, but it also obviously wasn't worse than my previous combo of Compete and Taurine. But when it comes to basketball -- night and day difference.

Hence why I have switched over solely to Perform for my intra and haven't turned back.

Now I'm just waiting on dem der new flavors ;)

angcd3

angcd3

Awards

But yeah, I can't say much for in the gym lifting-wise. I wasn't able to tell a discernable difference there, but it also obviously wasn't worse than my previous combo of Compete and Taurine. But when it comes to basketball -- night and day difference.

Hence why I have switched over solely to Perform for my intra and haven't turned back.

Now I'm just waiting on dem der new flavors ;)
That's exactly what I've experienced so far .. really interesting supp so far only after two days..

angcd3

angcd3

Awards
Last night I did not work out, I had to take my daughter to practice. Still dosed two servings of Peak... tonight's workout tonight will be shoulders traps abs and cardio.

angcd3

angcd3

Awards
Save the Peak 02 for just workout days bud.
Oh.. ok. was just following the instructions on the label. but i will do that going forward thanks.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Oh.. ok. was just following the instructions on the label. but i will do that going forward thanks.
Your good. I want you to use the supplements when they would benefit you most.

bloodnthunder

bloodnthunder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Nice log. Love the sports angle you're including here

angcd3

angcd3

Awards
Last nights work out was the Shoulders's traps abs, and cardio.. One dose pre, and one dose during my workout. ....

Noticing more of the same, no noticeable difference for me during the weight workout, but once again 2.5 miles on the treadmill first two miles I kept right around 8/mile then the final 1/2 mile I upped it to 7/mile. Was a very noticeable difference in my breathing near the end was not sucking wind as much as normal, if I had more time I would have been able to keep that pace longer, which is very nice. So far I am really liking this. Great product so far

angcd3

angcd3

Awards
Would not let you down brother. Rock it OUT!!
Yeah man.. I have a soccer game on Sunday night, I play midfield so its a crap load of running cant wait to see what this does for me there. !

angcd3

angcd3

Awards
Just a quick update .. I have my soccer game tonight. Excited to see what taking peak will do for my performance. My plan is to take one dose pre and add the other dose into my Powerade to drink during and at 1/2 time.. will update tomorrow morning .

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Just a quick update .. I have my soccer game tonight. Excited to see what taking peak will do for my performance. My plan is to take one dose pre and add the other dose into my Powerade to drink during and at 1/2 time.. will update tomorrow morning .
Perfect setup for soccer bud. 2g pre and then 2g during in powerade. That is outstanding. Keep in touch.

angcd3

angcd3

Awards
Perfect setup for soccer bud. 2g pre and then 2g during in powerade. That is outstanding. Keep in touch.
You got it ! Thanks for confirming that would be a good way to dose it ..

angcd3

angcd3

Awards
So last night I had my first soccer game while taking Peak o2. I took one dose pre and had one to drink during in my Powerade. And the affect of Peak was definitely noticeable. I play mid-field so that entails both alot of constant running at a moderate pace and sprints as well. What i noticed was that after any hard sprint I was able to recover much quicker and have my breathing back to a moderate pace at a much faster rate then what it was just last week when I played, I know I did not get into better shape in one weeks time so it has to be attributed to the Peak.

By taking the peak I was able to:
Play at a higher pace for longer period of time
My breathing was able to normalize much quicker after hard sprints
Recovery both at 1/2 time and after the game seemed to improve as well

Very please with the restults so far while taking this. Like I said I have not noticed any real difference while lifting with this but for cardio and while playing sports is where the true benefit for me is being seen.

Also for the next week I am not going to be updating quite as much since I will be Florida watching my daughter play in National field hockey tournament. I will still be running while I am down there so my Peak will be coming with me, just might not have as much time to log it.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
So last night I had my first soccer game while taking Peak o2. I took one dose pre and had one to drink during in my Powerade. And the affect of Peak was definitely noticeable. I play mid-field so that entails both alot of constant running at a moderate pace and sprints as well. What i noticed was that after any hard sprint I was able to recover much quicker and have my breathing back to a moderate pace at a much faster rate then what it was just last week when I played, I know I did not get into better shape in one weeks time so it has to be attributed to the Peak.

By taking the peak I was able to:
Play at a higher pace for longer period of time
My breathing was able to normalize much quicker after hard sprints
Recovery both at 1/2 time and after the game seemed to improve as well

Very please with the restults so far while taking this. Like I said I have not noticed any real difference while lifting with this but for cardio and while playing sports is where the true benefit for me is being seen.

Also for the next week I am not going to be updating quite as much since I will be Florida watching my daughter play in National field hockey tournament. I will still be running while I am down there so my Peak will be coming with me, just might not have as much time to log it.
Love to see that feedback man. Keep it rolling in here...

Try to turn up the intensity and lower the rest times during training and see if you see the Peak02 Shine.

angcd3

angcd3

Awards
First my apologies to The Solution for not being able to update this log this past week. I had zero time to workout during my daughters tournament last week. So I will be getting back into it tonight, and hitting it hard.. and will keep this log rolling

angcd3

angcd3

Awards
Alright, so Finally got back to working out last night, and it felt darn good to get back in there after a week off..

Last nights workout was chest/back all super sets and I kept the reps high (15-20) and rested only about 30secs or less between each set. Took my peak in my pre saved the second dose for before basketball later in the night

Flat bench/ pull ups
Incline Bench/ bent over bar rows
dumbbell flys/pullovers
high cable flys/ strait arm pull downs
low cable flys/close grip lat pulldowns

I kept the intensity up for this workout and was definitely able to recover fairly quickly between sets from a cardio perspective, my muscles were screaming though taking a week off really hits you when you get back. Had a crazy pump by the end being able to keep the rest period very short under 30secs never really got winded or tired which was great.

2 1/2 hours later I took my second dose on my way to play basketball. During the games still noticing the same breathing is much more controlled and easier during the game after sprinting and recovery between games is very good was able to play quite a few back to back games.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Love the feedback for training and for basketball shows how well rounded the product is!

angcd3

angcd3

Awards
So last nights workout is what I like to call the gauntlet! Since I was away last week and didnt eat the best or train I felt like I needed to burn some extra calories.
this is all with no rest in between until the circuit is finished.(Repeat 3 times 2-3 minutes rest)

1 mile on the tread mill 7:30 or less (goal each time last mile is usually just under 8 min)
50 push ups (these I can do with out pause each time)
25 pullups ( first set I can get 20/5 the last two times i do 10/10/5)
5 min on the stair mill at level 12

this entire routine takes about 45-50 minutes and I am spent and soaked in sweat when I'm done..What I noticed is that while taking the peak pre and during this workout I was able recover faster and was able to keep each mile at 7:30 which I normally can for the only the first 2. and my rest recovery between each circuit was improved and I could definitely notice my breathing normalizing much quicker.. which was great.

angcd3

angcd3

Awards
last nights workout was no were near the cardio session of Wed, but I hit bi/tris and abs.
I always super set my arms bi/tri (4 sets 12-15 reps) tried to keep the session rolling so rested less then a minute between sets

Barbell curls/close grip bench
rope hammer curls/push downs
dumbbell curls/kickbacks
strait bar cable curls/over head extensions
slow isometric curls with 25lbs plates/close grip push up

Like I said I kept this workout pace pretty high since I had limited time and wanted to get it all in. I did not get overly winded at any point during this workout even maintaining the high pace through out the entire workout. I have to credit that to the peak because i have done this workout before and have felt much more winded near the end then I did last night. This is the first time I have noticed a real benefit during lifting from the peak by keeping the pace high the peak was able to shine which i liked , and helped me push through to the end.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
So between sports and weights are you finding the Peak 02 more beneficial for sporing and endurance events then weight lifting?
If so could you detail what you find different?

angcd3

angcd3

Awards
So between sports and weights are you finding the Peak 02 more beneficial for sporing and endurance events then weight lifting?
If so could you detail what you find different?
Ok so what I have experienced so far with the peak for me is the it has been much more beneficial/noticeable for me when I play sports, basketball and soccer or do cardio.
The peak allows me to:
Maintain a slower more steady breathing during sprinting and extended runs as well as it allows me to recover from a cardio aspect much quicker in between as well, and be ready to go again.

In regards to actually lifting weights from a straight lifting perspective I have not noticed much different when doing my normal routines/rest 8-10 reps. But like I said when I drastically upped the intensity both in reps and very little rest I was able to keep that pace and not got overly winded. So it did help lifting in that aspect.

But for me the cardio/sports aspect has been where I have seen the most benefit.

angcd3

angcd3

Awards
Update from my weekend workouts. Once again where I can see feel the most benefit for me is doing cardio and sports. Unless I am keeping A very high pace with little to no rest when lifting the benefit of the peak is not evident to me. Now that being said I'm not saying that there is not one just not noticeable to me while lifiting. But its really the cardio/sports where it shines for me, Ran three miles after my workout Saturday morning, very stable breathing was able to maintain a steady 7:30 mile with a nice sprint to finish it out, breathing was noticeably better and recovery after the sprint was very good. Sunday night I had a soccer game, recovery from sprinting and during the game was improved as well as post game recovery. Very pleased with the results once again. This really is a great product.