justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Reserved for invitations, etc. and additional information.

I usually include a little of my own research on the ingredients of supplements I am logging, and this one is no different. At least it serves to help with anecdotal evidence based on my favorite resource (conservatively) examine.com

Cordyceps
https://examine.com/supplements/Cordyceps/

“Cordyceps is a mushroom used in Traditional Chinese Medicine that is touted to be anti-aging and pro-vitality; these quite vague claims have not yet been looked at in human interventions. It can regulate testicular testosterone production, but has complex mechanisms.”

Reishi
https://examine.com/supplements/Ganoderma+lucidum/
What is Reishi? | Guide to Reishi Mushrooms

“Ganoderma lucidum, commonly known as the lingzi mushroom, is frequently used in Traditional Chinese Medicine. Its popularity extends to Japanese and Korean medicine, and it has been making its way west.

Ganoderma lucidum has anti-oxidative effects when supplemented. It also has a therapeutic effect on insulin resistance, reduces the risk of prostate cancer, and can help treat a variety of conditions associated with metabolic syndrome.

The lingzi mushroom is well known for its anti-cancer effects. It is able to activate natural killer cells, increasing their activity and the body’s ability to fight tumors. Supplementing Ganoderma lucidum reduces the chances of metastasis, which is when cancer spreads to another part of the body.

Ganoderma lucidum has a variety of mechanisms, but they are focused on moderating the immune system. The lingzi mushroom is able to reduce immune system activity when the system is overstimulated, and bolster the immune system when it is weakened. In general, Ganoderma lucidum increases the amount of active immune system cells.

Though further research is needed to confirm these effects, Ganoderma lucidum shows promise for a wide variety of cancer-related therapies. It has been shown to be an effective adjunct therapy, which means it improves health when taken alongside other medications, for breast cancer, hepatitis, fatigue syndrome, and prostate cancer. There are not many promising supplements with anti-cancer properties available over-the-counter but Ganoderma lucidum appears to be one of them.”

Shiitake
Health and Medicinal Information about Shiitake Mushrooms

“The shiitake mushroom is prized around the world for its medicinal properties. It is one of the most popular sources of protein in China, Japan, and the rest of Asia. It's popularity is not due to it's ample protein but it's delicious flavor and other medicinal attributes.

Shiitake mushrooms have a strong antiviral effect which is believed to be caused by the amount of interferons inherent in the mushroom. Inteferons are natural proteins that are typically created in vertebrates which create them as a reaction to viruses, bacteria, cancerous cells, and parasites. They help to inhibit the replication of these pathogens and therefore the existence of them in shiitake mushrooms boosts the immune system of the consumer.
It has also been discovered that the consumption of shiitake mushrooms lowers blood cholesterol levels by up to 40-45%. The results were most apparent in the studies when Shiitakes were simultaneously consumed with high cholesterol foods. Because it contains no cholesterol itself but is an excellent substitute for cholesterol heavy meats, it is the perfect choice for someone who needs to cut back on their red meat intake.

Japan has developed an extract from Shiitakes known as Lentinan. The extract is used with patients undergoing traditional cancer therapy. In fact, in Japan mushroom extracts have become the leading prescription treatment for cancer. Lentinan may also prevent chromosomal damage induced by ant-cancer drugs. There are no known serious side effects yet in the west we have yet to make immunopotentiators such Lentinan available to cancer patients undergoing chemotherapy. In experiments in Japan, mice treated with Lentinan prior to chemotherapy completely protected them from a reduction in white blood cell counts.

As a food source, Shiitake contains all eight of the essential amino acids in a better ratio than meat, milk, eggs, or soy beans. Not to mention they contain an excellent combination of vitamins and mineral including A, B, B12, C, and D. In addition, Shiitake produces a fat-absorbing compound which is perfect for those wanting to lose weight. It's no wonder why the shiitake is also known as the "miracle mushroom”.”

Lion’s Mane
https://examine.com/supplements/Yamabu****ake/

“Yamabu****ake, known as the Lion's Mane Mushroom, is a dietary mushroom that can be a supplement. It appears to be a promising cognitive enhancer and immunomodulator (thought to stimulate or suppress inflammation depending on context).”

Turkey Tail
https://examine.com/supplements/Trametes+versicolor/

“Turkey Tail Mushroom (Trametes versicolor) is a mushroom that is a source of a polysaccharide, known as polysaccharide K, that is established as a cancer adjunct therapy for the immune system.”

---

Big thanks to The Solution and 1Fast400 for the opportunity to try this supplement! It's going to be a diversion for certain and I will do my best to document and detail my experience.

hairygrandpa smith_69 habajaba ryane87 HIT4ME BEAST73 vujade ChocolateClen SFreed bighulksmash FireTitan thebigt Misfit28

:D

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Gonna be a GOOD Time in here brother. Ill get this out ASAP for you

ryane87

ryane87

Awards
  • Established
You are winning left and right today! Congrats bud!

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
def following on this, I haven't gotten it yet and glad to see you are logging it

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
This is becoming like another job, isn't it? My interest is "Peaked".

(See what I did there?)

angcd3

angcd3

Awards
In on yours as well brother!

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer

(See what I did there?)
Ha!!! Yeah. Only if it were. :D

smith_69

smith_69

Awards

(See what I did there?)
mayor west, only you could pull that off

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Gonna be a GOOD Time in here brother. Ill get this out ASAP for you
Fastest Delivery Ever! Just in time as well. ** Incredibly generous!!!
Pro Blender Bottle!

This log will begin officially tomorrow morning.

On the deck!
Chest / Arms + Cardio

angcd3

angcd3

Awards
Fastest Delivery Ever! Just in time as well.
This log will begin officially tomorrow morning.

On the deck!
Chest / Arms + Cardio
Got mine today to brother .. beating me to it ! Crazy sports weekend with the kids so I'm stating Monday .

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
In this log, I will attempt to identify differences if any in the following criteria.

- Recovery
- Performance
- Endurance
- Intensity techniques
- Effects on Training
- Effects on Cardio

My first impression of Peak O2

It's a fairly small container, and contains 80 servings @ 2 grams each.
The scooper is included which in my experience isn't always the case
so measuring out the dosage is easy.

This supplement has no flavor, so it will mix well with any other supplement.
Consistency of the supplement can be viewed in the following video.

https://vimeo.com/191262855

Last edited:
justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Chest / Arms Pre workout
PowerMax XT plus Modern Pre + (Great combination)
PEAK O2 (2 grams / 1 scoop)

Chest / Arms
Start time 3:45a

Flat Bench
135 x 15
155 x 10
195 x 6, 2, 2

Incline Dumbbell Press
60 x 12
70 x 8

Dumbbell Fly Machine
115 x 15
130 x 12, 2,2

Dips ss
2 (Failure)

Barbell Curls ss
70 x 10
80 x 10
100 x 8

Standing Dumbbell Curls
30 x 14
35 x 8, 2

Tricep Pushdown Rope
150 x 10
130 x 8
100 x 14

Preacher Curl Peak Work
40 x 12 no rest
30 x 8 no rest
20 x 5 no rest

Stop time 4:30a

Cardio 15 minutes on recombinant bike

Post Workout
BCAAs (USPLabs)
Whey Protein (ON, Mint Chocolate Hydrolyzed Isolate)
Joint Support (Animal Pack)
Some high glycemic carbs
and the usual Suppspects

Notes:
Today was my first day logging PEAK Performance O2 and I wanted to start at a basic base line moving forward in order to best assess it’s benefits realized. I don’t normally incorporate cardio of any kind directly into my routine, so this is an interesting first. I was able to tim my workout in order to focus on arms more than chest, and work an inverted pyramid for a changeup.

I felt good. No shakiness like I usually have post workout / fasted.

Breakfast
BCAAs (USPLabs)
Hard Boiled Eggs

Lunch
TBD

Dinner
TBD

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
take 2 scoops (4g total pre/intra). always aim for 4G

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Legs Pre workout routine
- Coffee
- 1 cup of Oatmeal + PA
- Peak 02 (2 grams)
- Powermax XT and Modern Pre+
- Follidrone 2.0 (2 caps)
- Incinderine

Today, I am venturing into something a little different. I decided to stay within a framework of 10 sets of 10 while changing the angle of attack on my legs. After injuring my back again slightly I still wanted to hit my legs with squats instead of using the Hack Squat or Leg Press Sled 45 degrees.

I think it is in my better interest for growth to lighten the load, increase reps, focus on the mind muscle connection, rest less, and tax the crap out of my hams and quads. This is going to do it.

Legs
Start time 5:00a

Squats Dumbbells 35 lbs (**super-set)
1 x 15
1 x 10
1 x 10
1 x 10
1 x 10
1 x 10
1 x 10
1 x 10
1 x 10
1 x 10

Deadlifts Dumbbells 35 lbs **
1 x 15
1 x 10
1 x 10
1 x 10
1 x 10
1 x 10
1 x 10
1 x 10
1 x 10
1 x 10

Sip Intra every 3rd set (MBCAA with PEAK 02, 2grams)

Calf Raises (Standing)
5 sets @ body weight

Stop time 5:45a

Finish rest of Intra
15 minutes of post workout cardio on recombinant bike

Post Workout
- Whey Protein (ON, Hydro Isolate)
- MBCAA (USPlabs)

Notes:
**See above post where I have outlined my basic research on PEAK 02’s ingredients.

That was an incredible workout, and I felt it in my quads and hams. I think it was a great and necessary changeup to my routine to confuse those particular muscles further. Exasperating pre-exhaustion with the first set, really pushed things off to a good start with such a light weight. I’m quite surprised.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Ah.. I see your taking the 2nd dose intra-workout with modern BCAA
I get how your rocking it now.
Thats a good set up man
10x10 is no joke
GERMAN VOLUME TRAINING!!

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
Legs Pre workout routine
- Coffee
- 1 cup of Oatmeal + PA
- Peak 02 (2 grams)
- Powermax XT and Modern Pre+
- Incinderine

Today, I am venturing into something a little different. I decided to stay within a framework of 10 sets of 10 while changing the angle of attack on my legs. After injuring my back again slightly I still wanted to hit my legs with squats instead of using the Hack Squat or Leg Press Sled 45 degrees.

I think it is in my better interest for growth to lighten the load, increase reps, focus on the mind muscle connection, rest less, and tax the crap out of my hams and quads. This is going to do it.

Legs
Start time 5:00a

Squats Dumbbells 35 lbs (**super-set)
1 x 15
1 x 10
1 x 10
1 x 10
1 x 10
1 x 10
1 x 10
1 x 10
1 x 10
1 x 10

Deadlifts Dumbbells 35 lbs **
1 x 15
1 x 10
1 x 10
1 x 10
1 x 10
1 x 10
1 x 10
1 x 10
1 x 10
1 x 10

Sip Intra every 3rd set (MBCAA with PEAK 02, 2grams)

Calf Raises (Standing)
5 sets @ body weight

Stop time 5:45a

Finish rest of Intra
15 minutes of post workout cardio on recombinant bike

Post Workout
- MBCAA (USPlabs)

Notes:
**See above post where I have outlined my basic research on PEAK 02’s ingredients.

That was an incredible workout, and I felt it in my quads and hams. I think it was a great and necessary changeup to my routine to confuse those particular muscles further. Exasperating pre-exhaustion with the first set, really pushed things off to a good start with such a light weight. I’m quite surprised.
confusing the muscles especially when taking a new product is awesome-

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Back / Shoulder Pre workout routine
- Coffee
- 1 cup of Oatmeal + PA
- Modern Pre+ plus Powermax XT
- PEAK O2 (2 grams) / (2 grams w, Inra MBCAA)
- Incinderine
- and of course the usual suppsepects

Back / Shoulders
(Set, Weight, Rep)
Start 4:00a

Smith Machine Overhead Press
3 x 145 x 6, 6, 6 (+2)

Arnold Press
3 x 70 x 10, 8, 6

Barbell Upright Row
3 x 65 x 10, 8, 8

Dumbbell Lateral Raise
2 x 20 x 10, 8

T-Bar Row
3 x 100 x 10, 8, 6

Wide-Grip Pulldown
2 x 100 x 10, 8

Side lateral pulley
3 x 20 x 10, 8, 8

Face Pulls
2 x 40 x 10

Stop 4:45a
15 minutes cardio on recombinant bike

Notes:
I’m streamlining my routines to be more readable and quite a bit more manageable to adjust for change stemming from one to the next. The format appears to be the best so far.

That said, I got less sleep than usual. Working on Sunday should be eliminated from anyone’s calendar. Late night meeting after work led me to a 10:00p to bed time, and my usual 2:30a wake to prep for the day.

Took my dog for a nice walk before heading off to the gym. The gym was extra warm today, which I hadn’t noticed until about half-way into my workout, where I began to wonder why it wasn’t cooler… this did add to my exhaustion.

Regarding the new supplement I have injected into my routine: PEAK 02. I can’t tell as of yet if it is having any affect on my performance. I will note that I am more conscious of my breathing, and in particular my deep breaths are pretty much deeper than I can recall. So, if this has anything to do with inhalation, and O2 uptake, it might bode well moving forward when I incorporate more cardio.

I want to build up slowly, as 15 minutes post work out cardio is more than I have ever done. I’m going to be adding more notes as I research the potentialities of O2 uptake and VO2 max. It will be a refresher from my days studying exercise physiology. I don’t have access to a nice lab where we could test a baseline of either, so this entire log for PEAK 02 will have to be anecdotal evidence at best.

One of the things I would like to add is, I am impressed with the immunology standpoint for this supplement. We all have to have strong immune systems because of the damage we do to our bodies, and this could weaken, to make us more susceptible to becoming sick. I think it is often overlooked for recovery and we focus so much on minimizing inflammation, and oxidation, that we miss the one thing that could keep us out of the gym for extended period of time competing with the other (injury).

Tomorrow is a day off, but I will be doing some form of cardio, and think I may touch on HIIT to see if a fourth day on PEAK O2 lends itself to improving my performance. We will see. Stay tuned.

Post Workout

- Whey Protein Hydro Isolate
- USPlabs MBCAA Honeydew Melon
- Joint Support
- 1/2 Banana
- 2 Eggs

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Most people think Peak 02 is just about the workout, when in reality it has many health benefits to boot. It is an incredibly well rounded supplement that helps you in a lot of aspects. Glad you are slowly reaping the benefits. Keep that incredible feedback coming back.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Observation.
I'm noticing the ability to breath deeper and it feels great.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Today is Chest and Arms Day!
======================
I will be dosing 2 grams Pre / and 2 grams Intra of PEAK O2

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I heavy dose NAC and BRONKAID. Im thinking about trying this .
I think this supplement mixes well with my MBCAAs, and the profile is just ridiculously geared towards so much more than performance of O2. The immunity qualities have me intrigued because of my family health background (cancer), I assume I already have cancer and it's my job to build my immunity so much, it can't grow. (Both parents died from cancer).

One of the reasons I am here on AM. Don't get me wrong, looking better in my 50's is a by product of being healthier, and so far, I'm liking that aspect of this life too. Not to mention all the great friends here whom are incredibly supportive!

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Chest / Arms Pre workout
Coffee
PowerMax XT / Modern Pre+ (PEAK O2, 2 grams)
Follidrone 2.0 x 2 caps
MBCAA w/ PEAK O2 2grams (Intra)

Music

View attachment 142280

Chest / Arms
Start time 4:00a

Flat Bench
135 x 40 (feeling strong)
155 x 20
185 x 10
205 x 5, 2, 2

Incline Press
2 x 135 x 10

Dumbbell Fly Machine*
1 x 145 x 8
1 x 130 x 8

Dips
2 (Failure)

Barbell Curls
3 x 100 x 6, 2, 2

Standing Dumbbell Curls
2 x 30 x 12

Tricep Pushdown

150 x 12
170 x 8

Preacher Curl Peak Work
40 x 10 no rest
30 x 5 no rest

Stop time 5:00a

Post Workout
Joint Support
Some high glycemic carbs
and the usual Suppspects

Some notes:
Today, I decided to revisit higher reps for pre-exhausting my pecs. In this I also wanted to incorporate a kind of HIIT training within the framework of my routine. So, in order to do this successfully, I changed my tempo, and concentration every other set. I think I can give partial credit for this to Mike Mentzer, the man who really probably invented HIT, which later became HIIT (An altered version). What I did was add this to form a circuit within a training routine.

We do not achieve everything on our own as we rely on the greatness of others in the past to base our own uniqueness upon.

The gym has been exceptionally warm, or it's me. I believe with regard to PEAK O2, it's definitely helping me recover when I correlate increased ability to breath deeper, which in turn increases O2 uptake, and should also push my VO2 max. In this routine I pushed myself, and believe got more work done while lifting heavier. The 40 rep 135 bench alone was rather easier, whereas the last time I attempted this was only able to obtain 31 reps. That's a 9 rep increase and I do believe I had room for more. I just didn't want to burn out for the rest of my routine by pushing too hard.

Breakfast
Whey Protein Hydro Isolate

Lunch
Leftovers from yesterday (Lemon Garlic Chicken w/ Asian Salad) , and some more delicious Star Fruit!

Dinner
TBD

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
no surprise the rest times are being cut down it will only get better
your recovery from day to day activity should begin to increase as well
keep it rolling.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I went to sleep at 7:45p. Woke up at 10:30p thinking it was morning. Back to sleep until 12:00, then finally woke up again at 2:30a for the day.

I don't seem to need as much sleep these past few weeks and last evening was the most extreme.

Anecdotal at best. I wonder what my sleep cycles look like.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Pre Workout Routine

- Coffee
- PowerMax XT plus Modern Pre+ PEAK 02 (2 grams)
- Intra MBCAA w/ PEAK 02 (2 grams)
- 1 cup of oatmeal
- 2.5 grams of PA

LEGS!
Got off to a late start today, prepping for a trip to Chicago this weekend.
Start Time: 1:00p

Dumbbell Squats
1 x 50 x 35
1 x 40 x 35
1 x 30 x 35
1 x 20 x 35
1 x 10 x 35

Leg Extensions
3 x 10 x 145

Leg Curls
3 x 10 x 160

Calve Raises (Hack Squat)
3 x 20 x 4 plates

End Time 1:45p

15 minutes of cardio on recombinant bike

Post Workout Routine

- Finish MBCAAs

Notes:
Today I went another direction with my legs, after suffering a mild low back injury during a squat challenge, I decided to stand down for another few workouts going heavy. It’s probably for the best! I’m really enjoying the light weights and higher numbers. It’s incredibly mentally straining but rewarding at the same time. I love the intense mind muscle connection that this forces, at least from my point of view.

Additionally, I think this was an excellent test for PEAK 02 for recovering between sets as I took very little rest and relied more on my heart rate than timing. I felt recovered sooner for my next set, it was the lactic acid burn which caused me pause later into the 4th and 5th stretch of the dumbbell squats.

I think one or two more of these, and then I’m going to jump into 5 x 5, or even 10 x 3 for my next leg day.

One note however regarding PEAK 02. I have noticed that it has been lingering at the bottom of my tumbler as it separates from solution, so, I think the solution for this, (no pun) would be to have a small tumbler to mix and dose during my routine with a quick chug. Or, just bring the powder, put 2 grams on my tongue and then drink up some BCAA. (Probably somehere in the middle of my routine.

I will be pausing this log as I am taking a trip to Chicago this weekend and will resume on Monday evening, or Tuesday morning as I am not sure I will secure a gym to workout while there, and I’m not sure of my travel arrangements once there as I am relying on my family, which some of you may know, are not the most reliable. I’m not going to stress it. I’d love to hit the gym while there, but will enjoy the decompress, deload, what have you, and hit it hard when I return!

All my best to you who follow this log, and are my compadre’s in iron. I think of you often when I’m causing temporary harm to myself in the gym in an effort to become stronger; bigger; better version of myself. Iv’e come a long way since that almost 300 lb gentle 5’9” giant. I’m just a more muscular; lighter; gentle giant at 205lbs.

Feeling greatly fortunate and blessed.

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
Pre Workout Routine

- Coffee
- PowerMax XT plus Modern Pre+ PEAK 02 (2 grams)
- Intra MBCAA w/ PEAK 02 (2 grams)
- 1 cup of oatmeal
- 2.5 grams of PA

LEGS!
Got off to a late start today, prepping for a trip to Chicago this weekend.
Start Time: 1:00p

Dumbbell Squats
1 x 50 x 35
1 x 40 x 35
1 x 30 x 35
1 x 20 x 35
1 x 10 x 35

Leg Extensions
3 x 10 x 145

Leg Curls
3 x 10 x 160

Calve Raises (Hack Squat)
3 x 20 x 4 plates

End Time 1:45p

15 minutes of cardio on recombinant bike

Post Workout Routine

- Finish MBCAAs

Notes:
Today I went another direction with my legs, after suffering a mild low back injury during a squat challenge, I decided to stand down for another few workouts going heavy. It’s probably for the best! I’m really enjoying the light weights and higher numbers. It’s incredibly mentally straining but rewarding at the same time. I love the intense mind muscle connection that this forces, at least from my point of view.

Additionally, I think this was an excellent test for PEAK 02 for recovering between sets as I took very little rest and relied more on my heart rate than timing. I felt recovered sooner for my next set, it was the lactic acid burn which caused me pause later into the 4th and 5th stretch of the dumbbell squats.

I think one or two more of these, and then I’m going to jump into 5 x 5, or even 10 x 3 for my next leg day.

One note however regarding PEAK 02. I have noticed that it has been lingering at the bottom of my tumbler as it separates from solution, so, I think the solution for this, (no pun) would be to have a small tumbler to mix and dose during my routine with a quick chug. Or, just bring the powder, put 2 grams on my tongue and then drink up some BCAA. (Probably somehere in the middle of my routine.

I will be pausing this log as I am taking a trip to Chicago this weekend and will resume on Monday evening, or Tuesday morning as I am not sure I will secure a gym to workout while there, and I’m not sure of my travel arrangements once there as I am relying on my family, which some of you may know, are not the most reliable. I’m not going to stress it. I’d love to hit the gym while there, but will enjoy the decompress, deload, what have you, and hit it hard when I return!

All my best to you who follow this log, and are my compadre’s in iron. I think of you often when I’m causing temporary harm to myself in the gym in an effort to become stronger; bigger; better version of myself. Iv’e come a long way since that almost 300 lb gentle 5’9” giant. I’m just a more muscular; lighter; gentle giant at 205lbs.

Feeling greatly fortunate and blessed.
squat challenge, daaaaam-

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Mix the peak02 the night before and let it sit in the shaker cup. Works like a charm on the mixing issues.

bloodnthunder

bloodnthunder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Late but in

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
So, last night I decided to get prepared to work out this morning, and see if I could get up in time. Even getting to bed at 10:00p woke at 1:00a to prep and go workout. Feeling good!

As per The Solution 's suggestion, I prepped my pre and intra the night before, and it dissolved just fine overnight.

Back / Shoulder Pre workout routine
- Modern Pre+ plus Powermax XT
- PEAK O2 (2 grams) / (2 grams w, Inra MBCAA)
- Incinderine
- and of course the usual suppsepects

Back / Shoulders (No rest)
(Set, Weight, Rep)
Start 1:45a

Overhead Press Machine
1 x 160 x 12
1 x 175 x 8, 2, 2
1 x 190 x 6, 2, 2

Arnold Press Dumbbells
1 x 35 x 6
1 x 30 x 6

Dumbbell Lateral Raise
2 x 20 x 10, 8

T-Bar Row
3 x 100 x 10, 8, 8

Wide-Grip Pulldown
1 x 80 x 20
2 x 110 x 10, 8

Side lateral pulley
3 x 20 x 10, 8, 8

Face Pulls
2 x 40 x 10

Stop 2:15a

Notes
With a shortened routine, I was able to outlast my muscles and without rest hardly get winded. This opens up new possibilities for my short time permitted to workout and the regimen I can achieve. I'm now considering more body parts per workout for next time. Over the weekend in Chicago, I'm going to be researching a new routine to test this (PEAK O2) and my endurance a little better. It's really almost too good to be true, so instead of second guessing it, let's test it.

I'm really relaxed after my workout. It's really better than I have felt in a long time, albeit the soreness in my shoulders, which I'm loving too... :D

Post Workout

- Whey Protein Hydro Isolate
- USPlabs MBCAA Honeydew Melon
- 1/2 Banana
- Pumpkin Spice Yogurt! <-- I hope they keep this on the shelves. This is insanely delicious.

yogurt_pumpkin.jpg

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Checking in from Chicago! It's farging cold over here!
Found a gym to visit. Got up at 2:30a -- and then the sh1t hit the fan...

- Couldn't find my jacket.. oh, it's in the wash. (Still) Found my down vest, only shorts and a t-shirt...
- Father-in-law triple fcuking locks everything! Where is the house key!? Mother-faldkchah393834#*#&$%%##@!
- Get in car finally, freezing my arse off!
- GPS on. Car. On... heater! on. Thank god for heated seats.
- On the road.
- (Still not sure if my key is going to open the gym door)
- Arrive at gym after getting the run around by the GPS. 3:15a
- Door opened! Holy crap, this place is way nicer than my gym. (Gym-gasm)
- Right away, I'm thinking of the current challenge for BPS... load up a bar and carry it across the gym near the chin up bar. (lol) I must look like an idiot carrying 135lbs across the gym. (Nobody is there, but if and when they check the cameras) Good laugh at this guy.
- Drop the bar, and I get 20 up and down, deads... Not happening. Grrrrrr. Maybe if I had my pre...
- Proceed to planned session, Chest / Arms.

Light Workout Today.

Dead Lifts
1 x 135 x 20 (I think I can do better than this.)

Pull Ups
1 x Body Weight x 3 (This is for me, so If I change my mind, I will look back at this and be more motivated)

Bench Press
1 x 135 x 50
1 x 135 x 40
1 x 135 x 30

Incline Bench
1 x 120 x 10
1 x 120 x 8, 2, 2

Curls (Crazy cool machine)
1 x 80 x 12
1 x 100 x 10

Tricep Press Down (Rope)
1 x 80 x 14
1 x 80 x 12

I didn't have any supplements with me.
No Peak O2, Pre, or Protein.
Definitely feeling the difference!

Any workout is better than none, I say!
My god, that gym was amazing.

View attachment 142455

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
What do you feel different with no peak 02 in your system compared to with your workouts on it?

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I'm not sure it was a lack of peak or and my pre but energy, focus, and aggression were all down.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
How was your nutrition?
Fasted pre workout just coffee.
Slept good.
Night before a bit high in sodium for me but otherwise a carb and protein heavy day.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
How did this differ from your usual nutrition setup?
Whats your current goal?
Do you always train fasted or do you train fed? And if you do train fasted/fed and alternate what have you noted?
Sodium should always be high regardless of goal. Sodium is essential to push nutrients into the cells.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I think this supplement mixes well with my MBCAAs, and the profile is just ridiculously geared towards so much more than performance of O2. The immunity qualities have me intrigued because of my family health background (cancer), I assume I already have cancer and it's my job to build my immunity so much, it can't grow. (Both parents died from cancer).

One of the reasons I am here on AM. Don't get me wrong, looking better in my 50's is a by product of being healthier, and so far, I'm liking that aspect of this life too. Not to mention all the great friends here whom are incredibly supportive!
sorry about your parents...my condolences.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
sorry about your parents...my condolences.
Thank you kindly.

How did this differ from your usual nutrition setup?
I usually eat far cleaner than this. If I eat potatoes I keep it rather simple with the fats, sodium, and any other content.
In this case, there was gravy, and lots of it. I tasted copious amounts of sodium well above what I usually take in.

Whats your current goal?
My current goal is pretty much like anyone else which is unreasonable and slightly on the edge of unobtainable. :D
Lose fat, gain muscle. It's a recomposition disguised as a cut.

Do you always train fasted or do you train fed? And if you do train fasted/fed and alternate what have you noted?
I don't always train fasted, but when I do... (Sorry, couldn't resist). I usually alternate between fasted and non-fasted pre-workouts, but mostly I will consume some kind of carbs an hour prior to working out. (Oatmeal).

I actually seem to prefer fasted, but enjoy my pre workout (i.e., Maxreps+, Modern Pre, RagNOrok a fave, etc.) If fasted however, I think the inclusion of an intra helps me along quite well.

Sodium should always be high regardless of goal. Sodium is essential to push nutrients into the cells.
Yes!, I do recall seeing an interesting video from a power lifter, (forgot his name) about sodium and how important it is, which isn't a concern really. I don't stress about it, but also like to know the source of it. My in-laws are really free with that table salt. I would add it to my pre.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Another reason to always pack some sea salt on any trip (Super easy to take), and i always baggy up my pre-workouts/intra-workouts for traveling or have sample packs. Yeah it looks ghetto but it gets the job done :)

Easy things to take with you if you prefer to train with some carbs in you are rice cakes, granola bars, dried fruit, or pick up some fresh fruit when you are wherever you need to go. Very portable and easy to utilize. or pack some carb powders with your other powders (pre workout, non stim pre, intra workout, peak 02, and carb powder)

be a great and easy way to stay on track with a touch of prep.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Another reason to always pack some sea salt on any trip (Super easy to take), and i always baggy up my pre-workouts/intra-workouts for traveling or have sample packs. Yeah it looks ghetto but it gets the job done :)

Easy things to take with you if you prefer to train with some carbs in you are rice cakes, granola bars, dried fruit, or pick up some fresh fruit when you are wherever you need to go. Very portable and easy to utilize. or pack some carb powders with your other powders (pre workout, non stim pre, intra workout, peak 02, and carb powder)

be a great and easy way to stay on track with a touch of prep.

Agreed on all counts, and I was going to be doing all of this, but the gym never got back with me about gaining access, and I dropped my plans. A miss step for sure. Then, they emailed me the night of my arrival in Chicago and said, all should be set for you to gain access at 3:00a... lmao. I was like, ok, let's see what this looks like!

Definitely a learn and my grateful to have your knowledge involved here because, I'm gaining more than a logging experience.
Many thanks! I'm going to be continuing tomorrow, fresh! :D

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Thank you kindly.
when I was a kid I used to like this sappy song called 'alone again' by gilbert o'sullivan....back then I never really paid attention to the lyrics, but when it came on the radio one day and my wife explained it was his personal story of losing his parents it took on new meaning. now I still like that song, it just makes me a little sad when I hear it.