Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
sponsored_log_finish_line.jpg

me.jpg

ManimalPatB NurseGray TrainerTone cobri66 criticalbench sparks2012

Thank you for the opportunity to try this amazing looking supplement!
I will be logging this as a Post Workout, though it can fit well into any category.
Pre; Intra; and Post.

What I love about it, is the inclusion of BCAAs and in a 4:1:1 instead of the 2:1:1 ratios and the quantities of the other ingredients!.

This is one of my reasons:

"Leucine is one of the three Branched Chain Amino Acids and sometimes referred to as the 'main' amino acid due to the most popular benefit of BCAAs (muscle building) being mostly due to leucine. Leucine is an activator of the protein known as mTOR, which then induces muscle protein synthesis via S6K; the other two BCAAs may also activate mTOR, but are much weaker than leucine in doing so (and as such, 5g of leucine will be more effective than 5g mixed BCAAs). The leucine metabolite, HMB, is also weaker than leucine at inducing muscle protein synthesis despite being more effective at preserving lean mass from breakdown.

Leucine is a tad different from the other two BCAAs Isoleucine and Valine as leucine seems to have a fair bit of testing on the amino acid in isolation rather than in a BCAA mixture, whereas the other two BCAAs are not as well studied.

The studies assessing leucine mostly look at muscle protein synthesis when additional leucine is added to the diet or to a test meal, and it appears that leucine is able to reliably increase muscle protein synthesis after test meals. Whether this results in more lean mass over a period of time is somewhat less reliable though, and leucine appears to be more effective at promoting gains in muscle in people with lower dietary protein intake and in the elderly (who tend to have impaired muscle protein synthesis in response to the diet).

The interactions of leucine on glucose are not clear, to be honest. Leucine possesses both blood sugar reducing properties (can release insulin from the pancreas, can directly stimulate glucose uptake into a cell without insulin) but also the opposite (via stimulating S6K, it can inhibit insulin-stimulated glucose uptake). In a cell culture, leucine stimulates glucose uptake for up to 45 minutes and then hinders itself while in living systems acute doses of leucine do not appear to do anything remarkable (some limited evidence that leucine can be rehabilitative in diabetes, but this is preliminary). Isoleucine is a more potent hypoglycemic agent, but to less inhibition of its own actions."

Source
https://examine.com/supplements/Leucine/

The other ingredients piqued my interested, so I did a little research on them.
Beta Alanine

"Beta-alanine is a modified version of the amino acid alanine.

Beta-alanine has been shown to enhance muscular endurance. Many people report being able to perform one or two additional reps in the gym when training in sets of 8–15 repetitions. Beta-alanine supplementation can also improve moderate- to high-intensity cardiovascular exercise performance, like rowing or sprinting.

When beta-alanine is ingested, it turns into the molecule carnosine, which acts as an acid buffer in the body. Carnosine is stored in cells and released in response to drops in pH. Increased stores of carnosine can protect against diet-induced drops in pH (which might occur from ketone production in ketosis, for example), as well as offer protection from exercise-induced lactic acid production.

Large doses of beta-alanine may cause a tingling feeling called paresthesia. It is a harmless side effect." Which I kind of like. :D

Source
https://examine.com/supplements/Beta-Alanine/

Betain (Trymethylglycine)

"Betaine (also known as TMG) is an ‘osmolyte’, a molecule that regulates water balance in cells. Betaine can directly methylate homocysteine, which is cardioprotective. It also indirectly affects folate and SAMe metabolism to support whole body methylation." So much more at the link.

Source
https://examine.com/supplements/Trimethylglycine/

L-Carnitine, L-Tartrate

"L-Carnitine and the related compound Acetyl-L-Carnitine (ALCAR) are compounds able to alleviate the effects of aging and disease on mitochondria, while increasing the mitochondria’s potential to burn fat.

ALCAR is often used as a brain booster, due to its ability to increase alertness and mitochondrial capacity while providing support for the neurons.

ALCAR has been shown to be very effective at alleviating the side effects of aging, like neurological decline and chronic fatigue. ALCAR supplementation is also a very safe method of improving insulin sensitivity and blood vessel health, particularly for people with delicate or weakened cardiac health. ALCAR can also protect neurons and repair certain damage, such as that caused by diabetes and diabetic neuropathy.

Theoretically, ALCAR supplementation for fat burning should work well, but studies on ALCAR in isolation do not show very good results. Fat loss is typically attributed to the increased activity done by people, from the increased energy they have from ALCAR supplementation."

An amazing Amino with so much potential in this matrix, I'm very excited at it's inclusion.

Source
https://examine.com/supplements/L-Carnitine/

Creatine HCL, Magnesium Creatine HCL/B]
We all know what Creatine does, and it increases power output, etc.

L-Glutamine

"Glutamine is a very effective intestinal and immune system health compound, as these cells use glutamine as the preferred fuel source rather than glucose.

It is generally touted as a Muscle Builder, but has not been proven to enhance muscle building in healthy individuals; only those suffering from physical trauma such as burns or muscular wounds (knife wounds) or in disease states in which muscle wasting occurs, such as AIDS. In these individuals, however, glutamine is effective at building muscle and alleviating a decrease in muscle mass typical of the ailment."

Source
https://examine.com/supplements/Glutamine/

L-Alanine

"L-alanine is a non-essential amino acid that occurs in high levels in its free state in plasma. It is produced from pyruvate by transamination. It is involved in sugar and acid metabolism, increases IMMUNITY, and provides energy for muscle tissue, BRAIN, and the CENTRAL NERVOUS SYSTEM."

Oh, heck yeah!
Source
https://pubchem.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/compound/L-alanine#section=Top

initial_.jpg

Also, I may be putting some notes about this supplement in my 6-8 week cut log as well.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
If I missed you, it's because my dog ate it, I had a flat tire, my cape got stuck...
hairygrandpa smith_69 habajaba ryane87 HIT4ME BEAST73 vujade ChocolateClen SFreed bighulksmash FireTitan thebigt

Reserved for comment, invitations.

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Just noticed I have room for one more bottle in the supp cabinet. In!

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
in in in

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I am in for the stories. Can't wait to see how you describe the flavor. No pressure.

ryane87

ryane87

Awards
  • Established
In bud!

bighulksmash

bighulksmash

Legend
Awards
[video=youtube;P5mtclwloEQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5mtclwloEQ[/video] SFreed WHEN HE WAS 30 !!!!

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Besides your picture it says:

...I actually do love mating...
Me too, that's why I'm in! :05:

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Besides your picture it says:

Me too, that's why I'm in! :05:
That's mathing or... mating. Mating equations in order to get an outcome. Yep. Mating. Lmao.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
So far this looks to be an epic thread. Oh and the log too!

ManimalPatB

ManimalPatB

Awards
EXCELLENT!!!!!!!!

Can't wait to see what you think, hopefully you get it sooner than later

TrainerTone

TrainerTone

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
In for the ride

jayo84

jayo84

Awards
  • Established
hella start! Congrats on the weight loss!! I am in the same boat! Hopefully the good stuff will show up soon!

NurseGray

NurseGray

Awards
IN IN IN!

bloodnthunder

bloodnthunder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Subbed

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
It has arrived! and I had to taste it. You know it!

initial_.jpg

cobri66

cobri66

Awards
I'm in

ManimalPatB

ManimalPatB

Awards
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hope you love it man, I have been taking this religiously for the past few months and recovery is great!!! Sadly...I just ran out so I will be suffering for a little bit hahaha

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Today my gym was closed. 24 hour gym with a door that won't open is as good as a broom closet without a broom.

Did some light cardio. Will begin fresher tomorrow with Chest / Arms.

Hopefully the door has been fixed.

Brandinooooo

Brandinooooo

Awards
  • Established
Today my gym was closed. 24 hour gym with a door that won't open is as good as a broom closet without a broom.

Did some light cardio. Will begin fresher tomorrow with Chest / Arms.

Hopefully the door has been fixed.
Just bust through it. If anyone says anything, just say that was your warm up.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I want that ****. Looks good
New guy shut the computer down that controls the effing door. Lmao. Big dummy butt.

It's ok though. I rolled with it. Took great care of my girl. Made coffee and got her off to work early. Alpha feeling was in my veins. Ha.

What a waste almost of a great pre from USPlabs. Amazing sup. Modern Pre+!!!!

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I want that ****. Looks good
Yeah my man, if my work didn't reimburse me for a yearly membership, there is no way I could afford it. Even then, I have to put up some $ but it's doable.

Received a voicemail from the gym, the new guy shut the computer down that controls the effing door. Lmao. Big dummy butt. He told me to call the emergency number next time. Correct me if I'm wrong here, but when I read emergency number it is because some lunk-head dropped a dumbbell on his own head... I must have stared at that number in RED BOLD letters for at least 10 minutes, contemplating...

https://youtu.be/d51tXC5clTo

It's ok though. I rolled with it. Took great care of my girl. Made coffee and got her off to work early. Alpha feeling was in my veins. Ha.

Now I am having my Finish Line. It is the most ridiculously delicious Post Workout I have ever had. It's crazy sick good.

jayo84

jayo84

Awards
  • Established
So after thing about the ingredients in this product. Would it be wise to drink half pre and half post workout? I feel like Finish Line would boost workout performance?

Brandinooooo

Brandinooooo

Awards
  • Established
New guy shut the computer down that controls the effing door. Lmao. Big dummy butt.

What a waste almost of a great pre from USPlabs. Amazing sup. Modern Pre+!!!!
I love the ModernPre. Modern Protein is great.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Day 1. Finally the Finish Line is in view and I am ready to rumble~

Pre workout routine
- Coffee
- Pre-wo Powermax XT
- Follidrone 2.0 (2 caps)
- Vitargo 1/2 of 16 oz and the other half intra
- Exotherm 1.5 pumps
- Incinderine 1 cap now 1 at lunch

Chest / Arms
Flat Bench
1x12 @170
1x8 @ 210
1x8 @ 190 x 3
1x10 @ 170

Incline Bench
1x10 @ 120 x 4

Cable Crossovers
1x10 @ 30
1x10 @ 40
1x10 @ 30

Dips
3 @ 10 x 3

Straight Bar Curls
1x10 @ 50 x 2

Preacher Curls
1x10 @ 25 x 2
1x10 @ 25 reverse grip

Dumbbell Curls (hammers)
1x6 30's
1x8 25's
1x6 20's

Tricep Rope Press
1x14 @ 80 x 3

Post workout
- Finish Line
- Whey Protein
- Invictus
- Sup3r DHEA

Breakfast
- 3 eggs
- Dave's Power Bread

Lunch
- Tuna with Broccoli
- Joint Support
- Follidrone 2.0

Dinner
- TBD

Notes:
This felt great, and although I felt like I could keep on going, time does not forgive.
I took my time with this, and I think it paid off.

Powermax XT did not fail me.

Finish Line was the perfect 'finish' to my workout. I even started sipping on it during
my last few sets. It was incredibly refreshing and as I walked out the door of the gym
kept sipping on it. It brought me back to the time when I was a kid and loved the Ice
Cream Truck swinging around the neighborhood. That song. We'd chase that truck
and I would get my all time favorites. That orange sherbet push up, or dreamsicle.

I'm looking forward to this.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Slept in today, didn't wake up until 3:30a and it felt great. I took my time in my pre-workout routine to relax, make coffee, and mentally prepare for what will be my foray into a new realm of pushing myself. I went to bed last night dreaming of a landmark workout and I think I achieved it. I will be reporting back on my findings with regard to Finish Line and my recovery later on today, but most likely tomorrow.

Pre workout routine
- Coffee
- Oatmeal 1 cup
- Powermax XT
- Follidrone 2.0
- Incinderine
- Exotherm 1.5 pumps

Legs!

Leg Press
1x15 @ 160
1x10 @ 175
1x10 @ 220
1x10 @ 235
1x10 @ 250
1x10 @ 235
1x10 @ 220
1x10 @ 205
1x10 @ 175
1x15 @ 160

Reflects for a moment on what I just did for 3 minutes.

Intra - 2 ounces
- Finish Line PWO

Hamstring Curls
1x10 @ 160
1x10 @ 145
1x10 @ 145
1x10 @ 130
1x10 @ 130

Intra - 2 ounces
- Finish Line PWO

Leg Extensions
1x10 @ 145
1x10 @ 130
1x10 @ 130

Intra - 2 ounces
- Finish Line PWO

Calf Press on Hack Squat
3 sets of 20 @ 155

Finish last of PWO
- Finish Line
- Cry. (Just a little)
- Tears of Joy. I'm making progress and can foresee more volume.

Post Workout
- Whey Protein (Within 90 minutes of post workout)
- Invictus .5 ml

The Day's Menu to follow.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Amazing profile
Need to get a tub
I think the only thing I would change is to add more Leucine. I'm thinking a 10:1:1 ration may be better, but this is an amazing Post and Intra WO! That said, most of the PWO have a 2:1:1 ratio which has been the norm for a long time. I see this changing moving forward I think (hope). Some people are adding more Leucine to their PWOs.

Additionally:
The taste is just great which is good because I am drinking it intra and post workout. I'm going to be dosing another time during my post wo.

Last edited:
BloodManor

BloodManor

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I think the only thing I would change is to add more Leucine. I'm thinking a 10:1:1 ration may be better, but this is an amazing Post and Intra WO!
The taste is just great which is good because I am drinking it intra and post workout. I'm going to be dosing another time during my post wo.
Just add hica :)

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
It's a great ingredient imo and only a few products have it. I know anabolic state has it off the top of my head.
I will keep it in mind!, but first I want to give Finish Line it's due for at least a week as is, so as to not spoil the outcome.

FireTitan

FireTitan

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
justhere4comm the only suggestion I can comfortably make is a change in protein. MrKleen suggested it to me, switching to isolate. Its extra filtered so its less lactose and calories. I also use vanilla UNSWEETENED almond milk. Dropped 5lbs the first 4 days. Just a suggestion, or you can just tell me to shut up

vujade

vujade

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
looks good bro. should be a good log :biggthumpup:

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
justhere4comm the only suggestion I can comfortably make is a change in protein. MrKleen suggested it to me, switching to isolate. Its extra filtered so its less lactose and calories. I also use vanilla UNSWEETENED almond milk. Dropped 5lbs the first 4 days. Just a suggestion, or you can just tell me to shut up
Done! Lmao. I saw that, but paid little attention to it. Mental lapse. You're so polite, yet say what you need to.
The sign of a good friend.

So, shut up and keep talking Mr.!!!