Misfit28 is putting the Power in PowerMAX XT

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hey guys,

Long time member here on the forum. I'm hoping to get back on track after I fell off the fitness wagon for a bit and got on the fatness wagon back during the summer ;)

I just started dieting down week before last, started weights this week, and will be adding PowerMax XT and cardio to the mix next week.

I'm following the Leangains IF style, as it worked for me before. I know it's not magical, it just helps me to keep my cravings (and therefore my calories) in check. I'm generally fasting from 8PM the night before until Noon the day after.

My current weight is about 280 (estimating about 25% BF). I'm shooting for a deficit of about 6200 calories, which should net me about 1.7 lbs. of fat loss a week (hopefully). I'm currently cycling calories and carbs on lifting/rest days. I may cut out cardio if it inhibits recovery, but I'm hoping PowerMAX XT can help with that. Here's may calories and macro breakdown, I'll be adjusting this if needed by monitoring, the scale, mirror and clothing fit:

Workout days

3,920 calories

205g P
86g F
580g CHO

Rest days

2,352 calories

205g P
128g F
95g CHO

I drink over a gallon of water per day, and try to eat lots of fiber.

Supps:

I take the following supps mostly every day:

Staples:

2 fish oil caps
CoQ10
CLA
BCAAs for fasted training (actually using XTend Perform right now, as well as Gaspari AminoLast)

Fat burning:

Raspberry Ketones
GCBE (Chlorogenic Acid)
DCP 2.0
BPS Combustion
CL Red Acid Reborn

Stims/Nootropics:

Focus XT
Noopept XT

I'll be finishing off most of these fat burning type products soon, and will be hopping on OL BloodShr3d and Forslean when I get them.

Lifting/Cardio:

Doing the RPT style recommended by Martin Berkhan, with the slight modification of dropping the third set. I basically warmup, hit 2 sets for the prescribed reps and I'm done.

Setup is:

Tuesday: Deadlift, OHP, Rows, Chins (if possible)
Thursday: Bench, Incline DB bench, Curls, Tri Extensions, might add Face Pulls
Saturday: Legs (probably Leg Press because of heel spurs and Squats bother them A LOT), Hammy CUrls, Leg Extensions, Calf Raises (if possible)

Cardio will be light and on a stationary bike. Wednesday and Friday will be 45 minutes, Sunday and Monday will be 60 minutes.

I haven't opened the bottle yet, it has been taunting me for a few days now ;)

Get in here R1balla, cubsfan815, AntM1564, Adizzle1, FireTitan, smith_69, RugbyBaller91, mattborn00 ryane87

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
FINAL REVIEW

Here's my final review. I apologize that it was delayed so much! I'm looking at going back to school (again) to become an NP, so I've been busy getting transcripts and such together!

Overall, I would say that Powermax XT is absolutely worth having as a staple in your cabinet. The ergogenic benefits are great, and it has solid, research backed ingredients in the correct dosages.

Here's the actual review by category:

PROFILE:

View attachment 142365

As you can see, the profile on this is packed with ergogenic ingredients. I really like the inclusion of Amentoflavone, as it really gives me a mood boost in the morning and puts me in the mood to lift and/or get ready for the day.

It has the most proven form of Creatine, just plain old monohydrate, which is all you need. Betaine is also included, and those two ingredients alone are usually in my staple ingredients.

I also like the added Taurine and electrolytes. Those along with the Glycerol help hydration, endurance and pumps.

COP really gives you a little extra umph and helps a lot with endurance.

EFFECTS

I really needed an extra push to get me going again after a pretty long layoff from lifting and keeping up with my diet. I had seriously fallen off the wagon, and I can say that this helped get me back on track. I had not lifted in over two months prior to starting this, and had also discontinued any ergogenic supplements. I had not been taking creatine or betaine before I started this, and the inclusion of just those two things really helped me out.

In addition to not having lifted for a while, I was also lifting during a deficit. This made it even more challenging. I know muscle memory played a role, but I was able to push hard and gain strength even in this deficit. Since 9/20 I've lost about 14 lbs. and it seems to be mostly fat. On October 8 (my first day of dosing Powermax), I weighed in at 281.2, as of my last dose on 11/7 I weighed in at 278.4. That's only around two lbs. during my log, but my calories were a bit higher than they are right now. I've now dialed it in pretty well :)

To give an example of how well my lifting progressed, here is my comparison from the start of the log until the end:

Front Squat

10/17: 135 X 6 (157 1RM)
11/5: 145 X 8 (180 1RM)

Deadlifts

10/11: 315 X 3 (334 1RM)
11/1 : 335 x 4 (365 1RM)

OHP

10/11: 115 X 6 (134 1RM)
10/31: 135 x 3 (143 1RM)

Bench

10/13: 160 X 8 (199 1RM)
11/3: 170 x 6 (197 1RM) I think this was a bit off that day. I hit 170 X 8 this morning easily.

TASTE

I loved the taste of this, Performax really did a good job with the flavoring here. I love orange creamsicle flavor, and this nailed it IMO. Easy to drink, and it actually mixed pretty well with other flavors like mango, white cherry and rainbow sherbet as well ;)

OVERALL

I would highly recommend this to anyone needing a basic all-around staple supplement to help with strength and lean mass retention during a cut or any other time. I can honestly say it really helped me to recover better, and push harder during my run.

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Just to give you an idea of where I am starting, for a baseline:

Monday:

Deadlifts

Warmup
275 X 5
245 X 6

Standing OHP

Warmup
115 X 8
105 X 9

Today:

Barbell bench

155 X 6
140 X 7

DB Incline

40s X 8
35 X 9

Cable Curls

90 X 8
80 X 9

Tricep V-Bar Pushdowns

90 X 8
80 X 9

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
In it.

ryane87

ryane87

Awards
  • Established
In man!

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
for the ride

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Wow, I envy that carb intake on the higher days!

What is your maintenance level? I also calorie cycle, but there is a big difference between your days.

smith_69

smith_69

Awards

What is your maintenance level? I also calorie cycle, but there is a big difference between your days.
your going to envy him more when he switches that up 3 weeks later lol

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Just to give you an idea of where I am starting, for a baseline:

Monday:

Deadlifts

Warmup
275 X 5
245 X 6

Standing OHP

Warmup
115 X 8
105 X 9

Today:

Barbell bench

155 X 6
140 X 7

DB Incline

40s X 8
35 X 9

Cable Curls

90 X 8
80 X 9

Tricep V-Bar Pushdowns

90 X 8
80 X 9
Man I couldn't do something on that volume. I'm so used to either a full compound lift day heavy or high volume. I envy you lol

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Man I couldn't do something on that volume. I'm so used to either a full compound lift day heavy or high volume. I envy you lol
It's my first time doing RPT, so we'll see how it goes lol. I'm used to more volume too!

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

I honestly don't know my maintenance at this point. This is pretty much a total reset.

I used Lyle McDonald's formula of 14 X BW for maintenance. I'm going to try to stay on point as much as possible over the next couple weeks and adjust from there.

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Finished off yesterday with the following nutrition:

3,650 calories (under my goal of 3,920)

Macros:

201g P (goal 205)
80g F (goal 88)
538g CHO (goal 580)
Of that, 26 grams of CHO was Fiber

I did 30 minutes of LISS on stationary bike this morning. Thinking about not even doing cardio right now, just wait until I get lower BF. I'll be weighing in on Tuesday, so we'll see what happens. Hitting Legs tomorrow, and Sunday and Monday are Rest days. I think I''ll be starting PowerMAX XT tomorrow pre-workout :) It will be interesting to see how it affects my recovery.

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Heading out to do Legs here in a minute. Just took my first dose of PowerMax XT.

It tastes great, and I can feel the Amentoflavone mood effect kicking in already. About to slam some Xtend Perform and hit it!

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
taste is really good- not to sweet, strong or any after bite at all

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I agree, very good flavor.

I did Leg Press, but loaded it too lightly lol. Ended up with 18 reps with 3 PPS, dropped down to 120 per side for 19 reps.

After, I hit 2 sets of 8 Leg Extensions at 100#, 2 sets of 8 Leg Curls at 110# and 1 set of 12 Calf Raises.

My legs were fried!

I was able to push through pretty well :)

These RPT sets are maximal effort, so the two sets are deceivingly difficult.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Glad that the flavor is on par for you guys. Performax Labs is doing something special soon that you all will really like. That's all I can say unfortunately

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Heading out to do Legs here in a minute. Just took my first dose of PowerMax XT.

It tastes great, and I can feel the Amentoflavone mood effect kicking in already. About to slam some Xtend Perform and hit it!
Amento is very underrated IMO.

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Amento is very underrated IMO.
Absolutely. Although this had much more "feel" to it than Amentomax, IMO. It was great for mood elevation prior to lifting. I know it was that because I didn't take anything else before it, and only took my Focus XT and Xtend right before lifting.

I really liked it :)

ryane87

ryane87

Awards
  • Established
What are all the benefits? I have heard bits and pieces, but I also know others call it a placebo enhancer. I generally don't get much in the way of placebo effect because I never expect much. I just look over my logs to see if something is helping

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
What are all the benefits? I have heard bits and pieces, but I also know others call it a placebo enhancer. I generally don't get much in the way of placebo effect because I never expect much. I just look over my logs to see if something is helping
From Coop's Corner, he said that it is supposed to help strength by making the muscle contract harder. Very similar to caffeine. It also has mood effects and possible fat burning applications, I believe.

I'll try to find the thread for you.

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
So, today almost no DOMS. I was expecting much more, since I haven't worked legs in a WHILE. It may hit me tomorrow.

Then again, I went a bit over on calories and had an excellent night of sleep ;)

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
So, today almost no DOMS. I was expecting much more, since I haven't worked legs in a WHILE. It may hit me tomorrow.

Then again, I went a bit over on calories and had an excellent night of sleep ;)
Nice man! Def keep legs in the routine :)

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Never got more than some DOMS on the inside of my legs. Never and Hamstring or Quad soreness. Really weird!

I've been on Xtend Perform for over a week now, so that could be helping as well. I take BCAAs right before fasted training and every other hour after until I have my first meal.

Not sure whether Powermax XT could kick in that quickly or not. I've never gone back to pushing very hard on legs after time away and not gotten crippling soreness LOL.

Tomorrow I'm up for Deadlifts. Increasing the weight this week. Probably going for 3-5 reps on 315 as my top set. At one time I pulled 425 for a single, need to get back to that level, but more lean.

I went over both days of the weekend, so gotta tighten up the diet again this week. I'm weighing daily for at least three weeks to obtain average weekly weights and adjusting my maintenance from there. I track everything I eat, and weigh it as well.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Never got more than some DOMS on the inside of my legs. Never and Hamstring or Quad soreness. Really weird!

I've been on Xtend Perform for over a week now, so that could be helping as well. I take BCAAs right before fasted training and every other hour after until I have my first meal.

Not sure whether Powermax XT could kick in that quickly or not. I've never gone back to pushing very hard on legs after time away and not gotten crippling soreness LOL.

Tomorrow I'm up for Deadlifts. Increasing the weight this week. Probably going for 3-5 reps on 315 as my top set. At one time I pulled 425 for a single, need to get back to that level, but more lean.

I went over both days of the weekend, so gotta tighten up the diet again this week. I'm weighing daily for at least three weeks to obtain average weekly weights and adjusting my maintenance from there. I track everything I eat, and weigh it as well.
I could never train fasted! I feel so small when I don't eat lol

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I could never train fasted! I feel so small when I don't eat lol
LOL. It takes some getting used to, for sure!

Yesterday I was almost right on with calories, but a bit low for protein :(

I felt a bit weak this morning, only managed a triple at 315 on Deadlifts, but strength is coming back. Only managed 275 for 5 last week. After that top set, I dropped to 275 for 4 reps.

Was a bit weaker on OHP, but I think it was because of the rack setup. Only managed 115 for 6 reps, which is weaksauce for me. Dropped down to 95 for 7 reps after.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
LOL. It takes some getting used to, for sure!

Yesterday I was almost right on with calories, but a bit low for protein :(

I felt a bit weak this morning, only managed a triple at 315 on Deadlifts, but strength is coming back. Only managed 275 for 5 last week. After that top set, I dropped to 275 for 4 reps.

Was a bit weaker on OHP, but I think it was because of the rack setup. Only managed 115 for 6 reps, which is weaksauce for me. Dropped down to 95 for 7 reps after.
Don't get too discouraged. We all have bad days.

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Don't get too discouraged. We all have bad days.
Thanks, brother! Yep, I think tomorrow should be good to go with Bench. I'm going to have to try to figure out a good setup for leg work. I might try Front Squats again, since back squats put too much strain on my lower back. I think my butt/back must have come off the seat a bit during Leg Press, as my lower back has been killing me for days since then.

ryane87

ryane87

Awards
  • Established
Getting work in is getting work in. My back training was not optimal this morning.....lol

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
any lift day is a great day - muscle memory and strength all come back bro

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hope everyone has a good workout today! I was exhausted for mine. Took a half scoop of HyperMax XT and went in feeling good.

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Had a great workout today. One thing I love about this RPT program is that it takes me little time to get a great workout. I think the total time for my workout was around 30 minutes or so, which allows me to keep intensity high.

I took 1 scoop of Powermax XT, 1 scoop of Focus XT and 1 scoop of Xtend Perform about 20 minutes before lifting. I warmed up for Bench by doing three sets, 1 at 40%, 1 at 60% and 1 at 80%.

Bench working sets

160 X 8
145 X 9

Time to move up in weight again. Strength is coming back :) Last week was only 155 x 6, and I'm going for 6-8 reps on Bench. I'll go for 165 next week on my top set.

Incline DB Bench

40s X 2 X 8

Cable Curls

80 X 2 X 8

Tricep Rope Pulldowns

70 X 2 X 8

I had great focus and was able to move between sets pretty quickly. I gave myself 5 minutes between Bench warmups and my top sets. The accessory stuff was less than 5 minutes between sets.

Saturday I'm going to try to do Front Squats for 6-8 reps, but I will probably start light to get the feel of them again. After will be Leg Extensions and Hamstring Curls. I'll probably skip calf raises, as my calves has always been big and defined anyway ;)

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Good numbers bro
Thanks, brother!

I used to put up bigger numbers, but they will come back!

Today was a rest day, just like every Friday. Tomorrow is D-Day for Front Squats. I'm going to see how my body handles it.

I've been tracking calories and weight meticulously to get a good average and will be adjusting my intake from there. I have a feeling my workout days at maintenance will be trending downwards to about 3400 or so, which will put my 40% deficit (rest ) days at about 2000 or so. I like doing it this way, as it helps me not crash and burn by going balls out and reducing calories super drastically at the beginning. Better for sustainable fat loss, IMO.

So far, Powermax XT is really helping me to recuperate very well from my lifts.

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
Thanks, brother!

I used to put up bigger numbers, but they will come back!

Today was a rest day, just like every Friday. Tomorrow is D-Day for Front Squats. I'm going to see how my body handles it.

I've been tracking calories and weight meticulously to get a good average and will be adjusting my intake from there. I have a feeling my workout days at maintenance will be trending downwards to about 3400 or so, which will put my 40% deficit (rest ) days at about 2000 or so. I like doing it this way, as it helps me not crash and burn by going balls out and reducing calories super drastically at the beginning. Better for sustainable fat loss, IMO.

So far, Powermax XT is really helping me to recuperate very well from my lifts.
front squats- ugg, love hate relationship with those.

main thing is bro, your back in the game again, that's all that matters- everything else is cake

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
front squats- ugg, love hate relationship with those.

main thing is bro, your back in the game again, that's all that matters- everything else is cake
Haha! I agree. However, my lower back feels SO much better when Front Squatting than Back Squats.

Thanks for the encouragement :)

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Saturday I did Front Squats, warming up with 40%, 60% and 80% and then onto my working sets of:

135 X 6
115 X 7

Afterwards I did Leg Extensions 2 X 8 and Hamstring Curls 2 X 8.

Legs (Quads specifically) were much more sore this time than with Leg Press, showing me that my form was jacked during Leg Press, IMO. I do feel that Powermax XT is helping with recovery, though. I feel a lot less sore today. BCAAs may be assisting with this as well. During my workouts, I did feel like I was able to push harder than before and not feel as winded between sets. I'm looking forward to my workouts this week.

I've kept meticulous track of calories and weight everyday this last week and had the following results:

Weight on 10/10 was 284.4. Weight yesterday was 283.4. This morning (which will be in next week's average) was only 280.8.

Average weight for the week was 283.3. Average calories for the week was 3150, which puts me at an estimated TDEE of 3678 calories, as I lost an average of 1.1 lbs. I'm going to keep this averaging going for another two weeks to make sure that I'm on the right track. Based on the 3678 TDEE, my calories should be at 2257 on rest days and 3678 on workout days. That should hopefully get me to 1.6 lbs. lost per week. Time will tell. I'm feeling pretty good with having a 40% deficit on rest days, with the deficit mostly from lower carbs, but I might have to adjust my carbs down a bit on workout days. I feel like my mood swings a bit with lots of carbs :(

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
Saturday I did Front Squats, warming up with 40%, 60% and 80% and then onto my working sets of:

135 X 6
115 X 7

Afterwards I did Leg Extensions 2 X 8 and Hamstring Curls 2 X 8.

Legs (Quads specifically) were much more sore this time than with Leg Press, showing me that my form was jacked during Leg Press, IMO. I do feel that Powermax XT is helping with recovery, though. I feel a lot less sore today. BCAAs may be assisting with this as well. During my workouts, I did feel like I was able to push harder than before and not feel as winded between sets. I'm looking forward to my workouts this week.

I've kept meticulous track of calories and weight everyday this last week and had the following results:

Weight on 10/10 was 284.4. Weight yesterday was 283.4. This morning (which will be in next week's average) was only 280.8.

Average weight for the week was 283.3. Average calories for the week was 3150, which puts me at an estimated TDEE of 3678 calories, as I lost an average of 1.1 lbs. I'm going to keep this averaging going for another two weeks to make sure that I'm on the right track. Based on the 3678 TDEE, my calories should be at 2257 on rest days and 3678 on workout days. That should hopefully get me to 1.6 lbs. lost per week. Time will tell. I'm feeling pretty good with having a 40% deficit on rest days, with the deficit mostly from lower carbs, but I might have to adjust my carbs down a bit on workout days. I feel like my mood swings a bit with lots of carbs :(
no, that means you have to lift harder- lol jk

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Felt really good this morning. Total calories was 2,322 yesterday, breakdown was 181g P, 95g CHO (21g Fiber) and 144g F.

I'm trying to get the protein higher, but I really like to get it from whole foods, and protein powder is so expensive. On rest days, I usually have one Oh Yeah One bar, for extra protein and fiber, but that gets pricey too, LOL.

I hit Deadlifts this morning, with 1 scoop of Powermax XT, 1 scoop of Max Out and 1 scoop of Xtend Perform. I was in and out of the gym in roughly 35 minutes or so, and it was a good workout. I have a sneaking suspicion that the bar I was using for Deads last week actually weighs 55lbs. instead of 45. This week, I think it was a 45lb. bar.

Deadlifts:

3 sets of warmups of 40%, 60% 80%

315 X 5 (top set)
285 X 6 (back off set)

Standing OHP

3 sets of warmups of 40%, 60% 80%

135 X 4 (top set)
120 X 5 (back off set)

2 sets of 8 with chest supported row, 1 set horizontal grip, 1 set vertical grip.

Overall, this felt really good. I may do Pendlays next week, and I'm planning on incorporating chin-ups soon as well.

I had great power and focus this morning, and was able to move between sets pretty quickly, although I usually give myself a 5 minute rest, which on Deads is partly taken up with plate changes LOL.

I feel like muscle memory is kicking in pretty well now :)

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Recovery has been phenomenal so far, especially in an overall deficit for the week. Tomorrow is Bench day :)

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I hit bench today. Dosed 1 scoop of Powermax XT with 1 scoop of Max Out and had good results again.

Bumped up the weight by 5 pounds, and managed to get 6 on my top set, which is supposed to be 6-8 reps. We'll see what I get next week at 165 :)

Bench press

Three warmup sets: 40%, 60%, 80% of 165

Top set: 165 X 6
Drop down set (90% of 165): 150 X 7

DB Incline Bench

45s X 2 X 8

DB Hammer Curls

30s X 2 X 8

Tricep Rope Pulldown

90# X 2 X 8

Good workout :)