Smith_69 getting Powerful from PowerMaxXT

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
This is is, time to get powerful

Thank you to Performax Labs as well as AntM1564 R1balla Adizzle1 cubsfan815 for allowing me to participate in this log. I know the list got pretty long and glad to have been picked.

As I mentioned previously, we have a great group here to really put PowerMaxXT to the test, so lets do this guys.
FireTitan smith_69 Misfit28 RugbyBaller91 mattborn00 ryane87

Screen Shot 2016-10-05 at 5.49.03 PM.png

Screen Shot 2016-10-05 at 6.12.10 PM.png

today was supposed to be an off day, but how could I resist? So I hit legs, calves and forearms with a side of abs.

40 Min before the workout, I cracked open the PowerMax XT and I was really suprised. As you can see in the picture, the powder is fine which resulted in zero clumping and mixed fairly quickly.
Taste wise- They nailed this Orange Cream, taste just like orange sorbet but not too sweet. There was no after taste and this went down pretty smoothly. No stomach issues, head aches etc even as I am writing this now. I took this at 1145 this morning and zero sides.

In the past I have used other companies pwo formulas and honestly I had no idea what to expect from this. I have never used Performax before and I didnt want to read into too much about the effects or go into too much detail about the supplement profile. Since it was stim free, I wanted in on this log. Which brings me to the next point; for all you stim junkies or those who want to add there own stims, this is right up your ally. Imo, this profile is like the building blocks of what a pwo should be, so if you wanted to add caffeine or anything else, you can, however you really dont need to and I will not be doing so.

I was a little skeptical about taking Creatine before a workout, especially the amount that comes in a serving. Didnt really want to hit the bathroom if you catch my drift, but as i said, zero stomach issues.

I started with the standing calve press- went heavy today, after the warm up right to 450 for 3 sets of 12 and then i got a little creative. our standing calve press can only hold 450, so i grabbed 2 45 plates and did to more sets of 8 each.
What a burn man, incredible pump.
I went to the hack squat and went to 270 but for the next 6 sets (3 each of 10) i point the toes in and then point them out to really hit all angles of the calves.
As i am standing here typing this, my calves are still pumped!
In between each set, i did hanging leg lifts- 10 reps and hit about 5 or 6 sets of those. I needed more time to stretch out my calves because the pump was pretty intense!

rev forearm curls- preacher
3 sets 8 reps- 90 lbs
db rev throttle curls
3 sets 9 reps 25 lbs
bb wrist curls
3 sets 10 reps 135

finished with straight bar rev curls 95- 2 sets to failure, getting about 8-12 reps

Again, the pump i had on my arms, outstanding. For those who will use this, make sure you stretch between sets, otherwise youll have issues! I had more endurance today and time permitting, i would have stayed longer. Tomorrow is bi day and will hit leg curls as i didnt have time for legs.

Day 1 very impressed and imagine as i go on with this, it will get better

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
Reserved

Brandinooooo

Brandinooooo

Awards
  • Established
First, even though I wasn't invited....I'm gonna go cry now.

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
lmao- no no, thats not how it went down,
Brandinooooo see i just didnt cut and paste correctly, my bad lol

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
In like Flint.

ryane87

ryane87

Awards
  • Established
In you stallion! LOL

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
In!! Great intial info.

Just to clarify for those following along, Powermax XT can be used as a stim free pwo, however it's more like a daily ergogenic aid.

VasoMax will be the true non stim pwo, and will stack with Powermax XT as well.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm in!!!!! And Performax Labs has some sweet stuff that they should be unveiling soon!!! Wish I could spill the beans but I can't :(

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

Thank you to Performax Labs as well as AntM1564 R1balla Adizzle1 cubsfan815 for allowing me to participate in this log. I know the list got pretty long and glad to have been picked.

As I mentioned previously, we have a great group here to really put PowerMaxXT to the test, so lets do this guys.

View attachment 140949

View attachment 140950

today was supposed to be an off day, but how could I resist? So I hit legs, calves and forearms with a side of abs.

40 Min before the workout, I cracked open the PowerMax XT and I was really suprised. As you can see in the picture, the powder is fine which resulted in zero clumping and mixed fairly quickly.
Taste wise- They nailed this Orange Cream, taste just like orange sorbet but not too sweet. There was no after taste and this went down pretty smoothly. No stomach issues, head aches etc even as I am writing this now. I took this at 1145 this morning and zero sides.

In the past I have used other companies pwo formulas and honestly I had no idea what to expect from this. I have never used Performax before and I didnt want to read into too much about the effects or go into too much detail about the supplement profile. Since it was stim free, I wanted in on this log. Which brings me to the next point; for all you stim junkies or those who want to add there own stims, this is right up your ally. Imo, this profile is like the building blocks of what a pwo should be, so if you wanted to add caffeine or anything else, you can, however you really dont need to and I will not be doing so.

I was a little skeptical about taking Creatine before a workout, especially the amount that comes in a serving. Didnt really want to hit the bathroom if you catch my drift, but as i said, zero stomach issues.

I started with the standing calve press- went heavy today, after the warm up right to 450 for 3 sets of 12 and then i got a little creative. our standing calve press can only hold 450, so i grabbed 2 45 plates and did to more sets of 8 each.
I went to the hack squat and went to 270 but for the next 6 sets (3 each of 10) i point the toes in and then point them out to really hit all angles of the calves.
In between each set, i did hanging leg lifts- 10 reps and hit about 5 or 6 sets of those. I needed more time to stretch out my calves because the pump was pretty intense!

3 sets 8 reps- 90 lbs
db rev throttle curls
3 sets 9 reps 25 lbs
bb wrist curls
3 sets 10 reps 135

finished with straight bar rev curls 95- 2 sets to failure, getting about 8-12 reps

Again, the pump i had on my arms, outstanding. For those who will use this, make sure you stretch between sets, otherwise youll have issues! I had more endurance today and time permitting, i would have stayed longer. Tomorrow is bi day and will hit leg curls as i didnt have time for legs.

Glad you like the flavor!

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
In!! Great intial info.

Just to clarify for those following along, Powermax XT can be used as a stim free pwo, however it's more like a daily ergogenic aid.

VasoMax will be the true non stim pwo, and will stack with Powermax XT as well.

thanks Cubs, i went back over that and yes I worded that a little wrong.

ergogenic, indeed however the pumps cant be dismissed! aiding in the fact that I had more energy and desire to stay longer as well as the pumps and the extra reps i was a bonus. I imagine as the days go on, the ergogenic effect will really start to shine.

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
ryane87

got you in here now too, see i didnt forget or neglect you lol

ryane87

ryane87

Awards
  • Established
I know! LOL we don't forget each other like other someone we won't mention.....haha

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
OP, do you usually take creatine? If so, what form?

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
We'll comfort each other like a couple of fat kids who never get picked to play......

FireTitan

FireTitan

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You know im in, unlike Brandinooooo, I WAS invited. Nice start to this to brosef

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
smith_69 , you are failing us bro. No update in the last 14 hours. Cmon

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
family_guy_season-141.jpg

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
Today was an unscheduled off day-

my new I phone came today (weeks over due) my 5s was on its last call! Had an issue trying to back up my phone to the cloud via the wireless connection but the cell service is not that great here. No matter what I did, it didn't work. that was pretty much my morning and afternoon. So ill finish up with that later tonight.

I will agree that I am hurting from yesterday, a good hurt. the kind that makes you know you really busted your ass the day before and gains are coing in.

I did take a serving before lunch and again, not sure about all of you, but throw some ice in that shaker cup and its pretty dam good

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Today was an unscheduled off day-

my new I phone came today (weeks over due) my 5s was on its last call! Had an issue trying to back up my phone to the cloud via the wireless connection but the cell service is not that great here. No matter what I did, it didn't work. that was pretty much my morning and afternoon. So ill finish up with that later tonight.

I will agree that I am hurting from yesterday, a good hurt. the kind that makes you know you really busted your ass the day before and gains are coing in.

I did take a serving before lunch and again, not sure about all of you, but throw some ice in that shaker cup and its pretty dam good
I haven't cracked mine open yet, I can't wait!

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
Day 3- which was yesterday, today was tri's

this is the week that i switch my exercises up. what i like to do, is use 4-5 types for a body part for 2-3 weeks, then use different ones for another 2-3 weeks, then mix it up and back to the start of the cycle. This works for me and as Arnold says, always keep your body guessing.

Close grip bench
bar- 25 reps
135 x10
185 x 8
225 x 8- 2 sets and on the 3rd set
225 x 6 but, friend in the gym came over at the right time for a great spot and went 3 more, assisted. So ill take it

B bell skull crushers
bar x 8
65 x8
85 x 6
105 x 6
2 sets of 135 x 6

my arms were pretty pumped by especially since i havent done this in weeks. The rest period in between sets was 1:30- 2 min and not once did I feel like i couldnt do more or gassed out.

actually at this point, i kind felt like i was on auto pilot and really focusing on the reps and contractions. Especially when doing SK's with a barbell, if you arent paying attn, its going to really hurt!

cable kick backs
4 sets
1x 30 for 12
3 x50 for 8-10 reps

cable press downs, back on the pad
3 sets 10 x 80
on the third set here, this is when it started to hurt! the pump i had was pretty intense, so i stopped at 6, stretched out and finished the remaining 4 reps.
I really love this one because when you take your back out of it and really force the heads of your tri's to do the work, dam what a burn

I finished out with dips using a tempo of
1-2-1 down, pause, up- I always see guys doing this as if its a race and never understand why. they dont realize just how much of their chest and shoulders they are using and if they did them the correct way, well to each his own
3 sets and the reps ranged between 7-12

in between the sets with dips, i hit my obliques and then back to work

as mentioned above, i was pretty focused today and on auto pilot. Never felt gassed out and had a great pump which lasted after i left the gym for over an hour. Not too shabby

I will be going for legs today and possibly some shoulders today.

I have used other pwo's and comparing those to PowerMax XT is like....

well youll just have to wait to the end of this to find out

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Great workout man! The cool thing is PowerMax XT isn't really labeled as our non stim pre workout. VasoMax will be. So it's good to see that everybody is enjoying it pre workout!

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
Great workout man! The cool thing is PowerMax XT isn't really labeled as our non stim pre workout. VasoMax will be. So it's good to see that everybody is enjoying it pre workout!
R1balla 150% right. For those who dont use stims, this is a great product. I have stared at this one for sometime now and never pulled the trigger and honestly, kicking myself in the azz. Although not a "PWO" per say, those who benefit from a non stim PWO, I believe will really like this. Those looking for the ergogenic effects, wont be disappointed either. This is one you should really consider having as a staple go to.

This is a solid product

WAF

WAF

Awards

View attachment 140949

View attachment 140950

3 sets 8 reps- 90 lbs
db rev throttle curls
3 sets 9 reps 25 lbs
bb wrist curls
3 sets 10 reps 135

Dude your supposed to tag me not yourself lol. I'm looking at putting one in a cart right now it looks promising so far.

Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Always in for a swim free. Some times I get to the gym late.

ryane87

ryane87

Awards
  • Established
Day 3- which was yesterday, today was tri's

this is the week that i switch my exercises up. what i like to do, is use 4-5 types for a body part for 2-3 weeks, then use different ones for another 2-3 weeks, then mix it up and back to the start of the cycle. This works for me and as Arnold says, always keep your body guessing.

Close grip bench
bar- 25 reps
135 x10
185 x 8
225 x 8- 2 sets and on the 3rd set
225 x 6 but, friend in the gym came over at the right time for a great spot and went 3 more, assisted. So ill take it

B bell skull crushers
bar x 8
65 x8
85 x 6
105 x 6
2 sets of 135 x 6

my arms were pretty pumped by especially since i havent done this in weeks. The rest period in between sets was 1:30- 2 min and not once did I feel like i couldnt do more or gassed out.

actually at this point, i kind felt like i was on auto pilot and really focusing on the reps and contractions. Especially when doing SK's with a barbell, if you arent paying attn, its going to really hurt!

cable kick backs
4 sets
1x 30 for 12
3 x50 for 8-10 reps

cable press downs, back on the pad
3 sets 10 x 80
on the third set here, this is when it started to hurt! the pump i had was pretty intense, so i stopped at 6, stretched out and finished the remaining 4 reps.
I really love this one because when you take your back out of it and really force the heads of your tri's to do the work, dam what a burn

I finished out with dips using a tempo of
1-2-1 down, pause, up- I always see guys doing this as if its a race and never understand why. they dont realize just how much of their chest and shoulders they are using and if they did them the correct way, well to each his own
3 sets and the reps ranged between 7-12

in between the sets with dips, i hit my obliques and then back to work

as mentioned above, i was pretty focused today and on auto pilot. Never felt gassed out and had a great pump which lasted after i left the gym for over an hour. Not too shabby

I will be going for legs today and possibly some shoulders today.

I have used other pwo's and comparing those to PowerMax XT is like....

well youll just have to wait to the end of this to find out
Nice workout! I know what you mean by racing through the dips. When I do them I typically take a 2-3 second pause at the bottom before pushing back up. Good work bud!

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Dude your supposed to tag me not yourself lol. I'm looking at putting one in a cart right now it looks promising so far.
Well stop looking and do it!

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
whoops

lol

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
smith_69 didn't they tell you about tagging yourself? If you keep it up, you'll go blind

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
efe9f4fc2c46bb84912e30d9e2828958.jpg

WAF

WAF

Awards
I just realized the amount of family guy on this page......I approve lol

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
Brandinooooo

Brandinooooo

Awards
  • Established
smith_69 what did you and Alpha1agreda give this pig? I want....

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
Family-Guy-Season-14-Episode-20-50-42ef.jpg

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
Sunday was a no lift day but did take my daily serving