Chasing Zzz's with Dream and Grow

kelso312

kelso312

Awards
  • Established
When I heard Iron Mag Labs was looking for loggers for Dream N Grow, I jumped at the opportunity. My sleep schedule has always been irregular, most nights I find it difficult to hit the off switch at the end of the day and either stay up too late and end up catching up with naps during the day or somehow managing to make it through the week on 3-4 hours a night and pass out Friday night after work and waking up Saturday afternoon -not exactly the ideal schedule.

I have tried several RX sleep medications. Each one worked with some degree of success, some were too sedating which resulted in being Weekend at Bernie's - knocked out cold for 12 + hours and others not sedating enough. I would like to thank wesb2387 and Iron Mag Labs for the opportunity to log this product. I am hoping the Dream N Grow splits the difference and finally lets me catch some Zzzzzz's.

kelso312

kelso312

Awards
  • Established
Day 1 Or Night 1 rather,.

The plan is to take Dream N Grow 1 hour before my target bedtime. I usually feel the urge to sleep around 10. Actually I should say my body says 10 but my brain usually likes to sleep around midnight. So the goal is to get my bodyclock in sync with my brainclock and split the difference and shoot for a 11 PM bedtime.

Dosed at 9 PM and felt very relaxed about 25-30 minutes later. The muscles in my back and shoulders felt great. I usually toss and turn trying to crack my back before I fall asleep ( the price I pay for a desk job). I was surprised that I nailed that deep satisfying thoracic adjustment almost instantly. Yes I realize that is not what Dream N Grow is intended for, it happened and I thought I would include it.

The seasons just decided to change in the midwest, which is usually when I catch either a head or chest cold. Feeling a headache coming on I also took a asprin and drank about 1/3 gallon of OJ. I had a very hard time keeping my eyes open by 1045 an the last time I remember seeing the clock was 11:24. I woke up this morning and still felt like I am getting sick. But my I got an extra half hour of sleep. I did feel a bit more tired than I typically do when I wake up but this could just be because I might be getting sick.

kelso312

kelso312

Awards
  • Established
The starting lineup constists of

Mitragyna Speciosa (20:1 Extract)
L-Theanine
GABA (gamma-Aminobutyric Acid)
Phellodendron Root
Mucuna Pruriens (15% extract)
5-HTP (5 Hydroxytryptophan)
Melatonin

All of the ingredients are recommended for relaxation. I have used most of the ingredients solo at one time or another and never really had much success with them. I think the combination of all 7 of the ingredients create a synergistic effect that packs a knockout punch.

As I mentioned in my last post, after dosing last night, I felt a wave of relaxation come over me that I would describe as a mild analgesic/muscle relaxer with mental effects similar to a mild benzo.

My muscles relaxed, relieving the inflammation I usually feel in-between my shoulder blades at the end of the day and my brain, which is usually spastic at that time of day - felt like someone turned the volume down from an 8 to a 2.

I am headed to the gym in a bit and am really interested to see if it will have any effect with recovery overnight.

kelso312

kelso312

Awards
  • Established
beeea97c622c5614a80371eb0aece7082a3ff1b50421cf5acae3125c65ba5d8f.jpg

Night 2: Great night sleep. Quality not Quantity

For some reason the gym was more crowded than usual.so I was at the gym longer than I would have liked. Between the extra time spent at the gym and trying to wait out the rain to get my dog outside before bed,I was not able to fall asleep around 1. I took my Dream N Grow at 1130 so it took around 90 minutes for me to settle into bed which was longer that the previous night. Seeing as I took a PWO with copious amounts of DMAA in it this makes sense.

I slept like a log until the alarm went off at 630 AM. Even though I was woken by the self proclaimed world's most powerful alarm clock, I was not groggy or out of it like I have been when taking RX sleeping pills.

I was interested to see what effect Dream N Grow would have on muscle recovery post work out. I have terrible recovery time.Usually it takes 36-48 hours to me to feel DOMS. I was really shocked at how sore I was this morning. So I am thinking that my sleep quality improved and possibly sped up recovery. Not bad for only getting 5 hours of sleep. Energy levels feel good today despite the whether in the Loop being cold, rainy and gloomy.

Thursdays are usually the make or break day in terms of sleep. Hopefully Dream N Grow will get me to bed and help me get a good nights sleep so that I can break my routine of passing out Friday after work and waking up Saturday afternoon.

Brandinooooo

Brandinooooo

Awards
  • Established
Glad to see its working for you. It is for me as well.

kelso312

kelso312

Awards
  • Established
ad6360_5681313.jpg

Yes I know that I just used the Professor in the last post. But there really is good news.

Logic and science has delayed the Scheduling of Dream N Grows main ingredient.

Unless Heavy Iron loaded the remaining stock onto a single engine Cessna and took off bound for the UK, Dream N Grow will still be available from IML website for the foreseeable future.​

wesb2387

wesb2387

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
View attachment 140749

Yes I know that I just used the Professor in the last post. But there really is good news.

Logic and science has delayed the Scheduling of Dream N Grows main ingredient.

Unless Heavy Iron loaded the remaining stock onto a single engine Cessna and took off bound for the UK, Dream N Grow will still be available from IML website for the foreseeable future.​
For now

kelso312

kelso312

Awards
  • Established
Well I made it through the "Gamebreaker Day" I did not pass out after work. However I did not make it to the gym either. Every year when the seasons change, I usually get some sort of Sinus/Upper Respiratory infection. This year was no exception. I used Dream N Grow Friday and Saturday night and slept like a log. Hopefully getting the rest will help this pass without turning into a full blown cold.

kelso312

kelso312

Awards
  • Established
Well I think I skirted having a full blown cold. Workout last night was great. What I am finding surprising about Dream N Grow is the lack of hangover effect. I expected the opposite given how well it works at putting me to bed. I was trying to think of a way to describe it. The only thing I can liken it to is when I was a kid and would try to stay up all night watching the Star Wars Trilogy. Usually right around the end of Empire my eyelids would feel like they weighed 50 pounds and I would literally fight the urge to fall asleep.

Usually I fall asleep on the train commuting to work, but have not really felt the need to zonk out. It is great that I don't have to play catch up on sleep with naps, but initially proved to be an annoyance. Because I was not sleeping, I had 2 different passengers sit next to me that have wanted to talk the entire train ride... total strangers....

I started listening to podcasts on my iphone and sometimes just putting earbuds in seems to have solved the issue.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Nice log so far man! I really like this product.

kelso312

kelso312

Awards
  • Established
This stuff is really interesting. The way the hammer comes down and puts you out has been consistent so far. I was watching Netflix in bed on my laptop after taking Dream N. Grow and one minute I am watching TV and the next thing I remember was waking up to my alarm and a laptop setup in the same spot on my bed - with a dead battery - it had played all night - and I slept through it.

an.gif

One day I felt a hangover effect after trying 2 caps before bed. The wake up process was nearly impossible. Soaking my face in a bowl of ice water helped with the wake up process but I felt a bit off most of the morning. I am guessing that this was due to the ingredient 5-HTP which is related to Tryptophan. Tryptophan is the thing in turkey that makes you feel sleepy and lethargic ( think post Thanksgiving dinner). It also has been shown in some studies to have a comparable effect to certain SSRIs. I think the hangover effect was due to having too much of the 5-HTP converting to Serotonin. I felt similarly when I tried Trazodone as a sleep aid, which is a heavy duty Serotonin Modulator.... So no more than 1 pill for this guy. Pretty good value if one gets the job done.

Also noticed a bit of weight loss. My diet has remained pretty constant and have been following the same program for 7 weeks. So it is possible that getting the proper amount of quality sleep is helping to reduce stress levels or being able to sleep deeper is the reason? Possible, but really can't say for sure.

Lovin this stuff. I am even thinking of taking it earlier to get more than 6 hours of sleep.

kelso312

kelso312

Awards
  • Established
This stuff is impressive. I kept some weird hours this weekend and did not use Dream N Grow Friday and Saturday night. Staying up late on the weekends is typical for me. The problem with that is that when Sunday night rolls around my body clock is way off and I usually will not be able to sleep until 2-3 AM. Getting up at 630 leaves me with 3-4 hours of sleep which frankly, sucks...

So I popped a Dream N Grow at 9 PM hoping I would be able to relax and get to bed early. I definitely felt a wave of relaxation come over me about 20 mins after dosing. The problem is I still was not sleepy enough to sleep. I was concerned about a hangover type effect and did not take another dose, even though I have read other peoples blogs that are dosing 2 caps with no problem.

Instead what what ended up doing me in was the last thing I would have expected: Carbs. I had a Leg day on Saturday and was still really sore and needed Foodizol to make the soreness go away. I ended up eating 5 Matt's Oatmeal Cookies and a glass of whole milk. This seemed to intensify the drowsiness and I ended up passing out - hard. I think the carb craving was due to the ingredient 5-HTP, which is supposed to increase Serotonin levels in the brain. Many SSRI's users report carbohydrate cravings during treatment.

I read something about the supplements Tryptophanand 5-HTP were actually pulled off the market back when SSRI's were first introduced. The conspiracy is that because they had similar effects to SSRI's on Serotonin levels they were a threat to the market share of the new antidepressant class( does this sound like something that recently almost happened with Kratom?).

They eventually were allowed back on the market due to public outcry. Whether this is true or not, there is a connection between carbs and Serotonin. So it makes sense that eating carbs intensified the effects and pushed me over the edge to pass out.

Sleep was great. I am liking this stuff. The resetting of my internal clock on Sunday nights has been a long standing problem. It is great to have Dream N Grow in my arsenal and yesterday it proved effective.

kelso312

kelso312

Awards
  • Established
So I had one bad experience with Dream N Grow. It was my fault for mistiming the dosing. I got preoccupied and did not get through my Patrick Bateman routine before bed until well after midnight. I debated whether or not to take Dream and Grow and thought that since I had been dosing it at around 10-11 that it was too late to take it so I jumped into bed where I tossed and turned for about an hour before deciding to use Dream and Grow to get myself to bed.

I think because I dosed way later than usual I was still in deep sleep when my alarm roused me awake and felt drowsy for the first few hours during the day. Note to self: less than 4 hours of sleep is not enough time to Dream N Grow.

This stuff has been amazing in getting me to shut my brain off and get to bed before midnight. I have steadily been adding weight in the gym and the days that dose it right, I wake up feeling feeling great. I want to echo my previous posts, this stuff is a lights out pill. It knocks you the f*** out. I have read logs of people dosing 2 caps... That is next in the log. Stay tuned.

37659806.jpg

Dream and Grow - It will knock you the f*** out man.....​

Brandinooooo

Brandinooooo

Awards
  • Established
So I had one bad experience with Dream N Grow. It was my fault for mistiming the dosing. I got preoccupied and did not get through my Patrick Bateman routine before bed until well after midnight. I debated whether or not to take Dream and Grow and thought that since I had been dosing it at around 10-11 that it was too late to take it so I jumped into bed where I tossed and turned for about an hour before deciding to use Dream and Grow to get myself to bed.

I think because I dosed way later than usual I was still in deep sleep when my alarm roused me awake and felt drowsy for the first few hours during the day. Note to self: less than 4 hours of sleep is not enough time to Dream N Grow.

This stuff has been amazing in getting me to shut my brain off and get to bed before midnight. I have steadily been adding weight in the gym and the days that dose it right, I wake up feeling feeling great. I want to echo my previous posts, this stuff is a lights out pill. It knocks you the f*** out. I have read logs of people dosing 2 caps... That is next in the log. Stay tuned.

View attachment 141173

Dream and Grow - It will knock you the f*** out man.....​
I dosed 2 a couple times and 3 once. No bueno unless you have 12+ hours to sleep lol.

kelso312

kelso312

Awards
  • Established
Yea. I just flew too close to the sun pressing 3 1/3 hours of sleep. Bad miscalculation on my part.... Will most definitely wait unto the weekend to try 2. 3? Holy crap.

Brandinooooo

Brandinooooo

Awards
  • Established
Yea. I just flew too close to the sun pressing 3 1/3 hours of sleep. Bad miscalculation on my part.... Will most definitely wait unto the weekend to try 2. 3? Holy crap.
Lol yeah.

kelso312

kelso312

Awards
  • Established
Still chasing Z's. This stuff is regulating my sleep schedule perfectly. This weekend I will probably try out 2 caps. Just to see if it improves sleep quality. Not dosing tonight as I have to be up at an ungodly early hour of 4 am for work. After flying too close to the sun last time, I am not chancing it.

Will probably dose 2 tomorrow. Catch up.

kelso312

kelso312

Awards
  • Established
So Friday night I had a super duper long day at work. I made it home and was able to do some laundry and order a pizza before bed. I was near exhausted at around 7 PM. I took 2 Dream N Grow because I needed to get some really restful sleep to make up for the 3 hours I got the night before. The usually hard hitting feeling crept up on me and I was out. What was interesting (from what I remember) was that the sleepy feeling I usually get dosing one cap was not intensified by taking 2. The only difference was that I got sleep deeper than I usually do.

I woke up at 6 AM Saturday- no alarm. If you ask anyone, there is no getting me out of bed on Saturday before noon. This was amazing sleep. So it appears I was worried about dosing 2 caps for no reason. This stuff made me go down hard and afterwards I felt amazing.

tumblr_n55rbyT8dh1s3pnt4o1_400.gif

kelso312

kelso312

Awards
  • Established
All is well. Still getting some great sleep. Once I figured out the window for dosing I have been able to avoid any hangover situations.

A note for anyone who takes antidepressants as I take a few off label medications for depression (so not your run of the mill SSRI's): When I saw the ingredient list, I was a little worried about 5-HTP as an ingredient as it is known to effect Serotonin levels in the brain. I thought it would intensify the effects of the medications I was taking. I have NOT noticed any change in mood while dosing Dream N Grow. The only effect is an increase in energy levels during the day which I am attributing to improved sleep quality. I know it is sort of a ticky tacky detail but I thought I would mention it for those who worry about stuff like that.

kelso312

kelso312

Awards
  • Established
I have experienced dry mouth after dosing Dream N Grow as have many others. For those of you wondering why, the reason is as follows:

Cotton mouth is pretty common from what I have read. The active ingredients in DNG effect histamine levels in the brain. This causes sleepiness or wakefulness depending on whether the levels are increasing or decreasing.

Antihistamines such as Benadryl make you sleepy and give you a dry mouth (and stop a runny nose/allergies). Provigil (Modafinil) raises histamine levels and promotes wakefulness without an effect on saliva production as it works in a different part of the brain.

So Dream N Grow shares the same effects as Benedryl because the ingredients cause sedation by effecting histamine levels in the brain which is what makes it a great sleep aid and as a side effect can cause dry mouth.

its-science-anchorman.gif

kelso312

kelso312

Awards
  • Established
So we made it a full month. Just returned from a wonderful vacation with my sister and her family at a theme park in central Florida. 5 days 3 parks 2 child under the age of 3.... I had to take a vacation day after I got home just to recover.

Dream and Grow was a godsend. Apparently my niece and nephew wake up at 6:30 every morning which for me was actually 5:30 because my body clock was on central time. Every one went to bed at 9PM which was 8 PM central time. These are not the hours my body was accustomed to, so once again I turned to Dream N Grow to force myself to change my sleep schedule.

Also having not been at a theme park in a long time, I forgot how taxing it can be to be on your feet walking around for 9 plus hours ( yes that is how long we were there every day) so getting a good nights sleep was just what the Dr. ordered. I did have some tightness in my lower back upon waking but I am pretty sure that was due to the ridiculously soft mattresses at the Wilderness Lodge hotel. Those things were like a cloud that was half inflated.

So in summary, my experience with Dream N Grow was positive. Prior to this I had tried tried a few OTC supplement sleep aids, some of which are ingredients that are in Dream N Grow. I never really had a good experience with them. But the synergistic combination of Dream N Grow's ingredient profile is a 1-2 knockout punch that delivers a great nights sleep. In addition, the ingredient Mitragyna speciosa provides muscle relaxation and pain relief from inflammation that makes this supplement unique. If you have trouble sleeping or just want to experience better recovery times from your workouts pick up some Dream N Grow.

I want to thank Wes and IronMag Labs for giving me the opportunity to give this stuff a test run and to everyone who followed along. This was a sponsored log, but to be honest, I did not just post fluff. I usually say what is on my mind and most of the time the filter is off. So take that for what it is worth. They did pay me to pose in the promotional photo below, but I was paid scale.

723.jpg

jtmartin18

jtmartin18

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Does anybody know if Dream n Grow is still the same formula, or if the kratom has been taken out?

TNlifting

TNlifting

Awards
  • Established
Does anybody know if Dream n Grow is still the same formula, or if the kratom has been taken out?
I saw someone post in another thread about sleep aids and said that it still had the kratom in it, but whenever I go and pull up the supplement facts I don't see it. I'm curious about this as well.

kelso312

kelso312

Awards
  • Established
It should be listed as : Mitragyna speciosa 10:1

I am not sure if the ratio is correct but that is the scientific name of the plant and it is an extract so that is what the ratio represents. Not sure if it is in fact 10:1, I don't have the bottle in front of me.

jtmartin18

jtmartin18

Awards
  • First Up Vote
The current one doesn't say it contains mitragyna speciosa 10:1 but an article I saw from months back did contain it so I'm thinking they took it out?

TNlifting

TNlifting

Awards
  • Established
The current one doesn't say it contains mitragyna speciosa 10:1 but an article I saw from months back did contain it so I'm thinking they took it out?
That's what I think too unfortunately.. given the current status of kratom with the DEA and what not

kelso312

kelso312

Awards
  • Established
The label label? Or the website label? I don't think that they list it on the website.

Lets see what wesb2387 says

jtmartin18

jtmartin18

Awards
  • First Up Vote
The website label doesn't currently list it but an article posted on the website a while ago had a few paragraph write up about the ingredient.
wesb2387 I'm looking for a new sleep aid because I think I've built up a tolerance to growth factor xt, and have seen nothing but good reviews about dream n grow. Do you know if the one currently available on your website still includes mitragyna speciosa?

BEAST73

BEAST73

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I am taking Dream N Grow now, and I oder it back in October. It's a great sleeping aid..

Brandinooooo

Brandinooooo

Awards
  • Established
The website label doesn't currently list it but an article posted on the website a while ago had a few paragraph write up about the ingredient.
wesb2387 I'm looking for a new sleep aid because I think I've built up a tolerance to growth factor xt, and have seen nothing but good reviews about dream n grow. Do you know if the one currently available on your website still includes mitragyna speciosa?
It should. I know the other stores have the Kratom one.