Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Big shout out to ManimalPatB and the iforce team for allowing me to taste test a very unique protein flavor- Mint chocolate chip ice cream

I have tried countless flavors of protein but none of them have been mint flavored...needless to say I am stoked to give this a run. I am not a baker at all so my protein is either consumed in water, milk, greek yogurt, or proats. My first taste run will be in skim milk.

IMG_1474153208.243835.jpg

IMG_1474153273.534590.jpg

Protean has 25 grams a scoop of 100% whey and about 27 serving per 2lb tub. I cracked open the tub and there was a subtle mint and chocolate flavor but nothing too potent. Also was able to see the chocolate piece throughout the protein powder.

Threw in a scoop and a half with 12oz of skim milk in a shaker cup and everything mixed up nicely after about 20 seconds of shaking. Smell was still a subtle chocolate/mint scent but nothing too potent.

Taste-9/10 for my initial taste review. It was literally like drinking melted baskin robins mint and chocolate chip ice cream. It had a creamy consistency with a nice blend of milk chocolate and mint. It also had a cream taste too it which I definitely liked. i am not a big fan of chocolate proteins and this did not have an overwhelming chocolate flavor to it. It hit the sweet spot for sure. My 3 year old son ended up drinking about a fourth of it and was mad when i finished it lol. Only reason I gave it a 9/10 was because I am not sure how well it will sit with my morning oatmeal but I may end up adjusting the flavor rating if it hits the spot like it did in shake form.

mixability-10/10 No issues whatsoever. Used a shaker cup and it blended fine after about 20 seconds of shaking.

picture are below- had a subtle green color after mixing.

IMG_1474153316.262846.jpg

IMG_1474153326.534669.jpg

Rob1882

Awards
  • Established
That looks so epic! I been waiting for this to come out and VT been avoiding any answers regarding it in the past on time frame of release! >=(

I kind of want to turn it into a protein ice cream haha

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Subd

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
That looks so epic! I been waiting for this to come out and VT been avoiding any answers regarding it in the past on time frame of release! >=(

I kind of want to turn it into a protein ice cream haha
I'll be doing that soon, myself. Will try with regular, vanilla, and chocolate (all CarbMaster) milks.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
In on this:)

FireTitan

FireTitan

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'll be doing that soon, myself. Will try with regular, vanilla, and chocolate (all CarbMaster) milks.
Im gonna need to see some pictures of the ice cream and anything else you make with it. I am not ashamed of eating vicariously through other members and licking my iPhone.

ManimalPatB

ManimalPatB

Awards
Excellent stuff!!!!

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
1/2 point (approximately) update:

For the most part I have been using this one time a day with skim milk. I used it a couple times with water and it was ok but much better with milk. I also tried it in proats and it was pretty good. It's not something I would eat every morning but it is nice to change things up flavor wise.

mixed in water overall rating-7/10- It was definitely drinkable with a medium consistency. Most of the time I drink my protein in 2-3 big gulps and don't really care about taste. Mixed in water it isn't something i would not sip on too much but just down it to meet macros.

Skim milk-9/10- same sentiment from my initial review in every aspect. It really hits the sweet tooth. Mixability is great after shaking for about 30 seconds. 1 scoop in 8-10 oz of milk or 2 scoops in 16-20 oz is the sweet spot for me. Nice thick and drinkable consistency. Literally tastes like I am drinking a milk shake.

proats-7.5/10- Defintely enjoyable and will keep in my flavor rotation. Only reason I gave it a 7.5 is because I can't see myself wanting it more than 2-3x a week in the morning but it will have it's place in my rotation for sure.

here is a pic. The bowl color kind of throws it off with the green. I promise it's not guacamole lol

IMG_1474832161.947644.jpg

definitely worth checking this out though-especially if you're a fan of mint

ManimalPatB

ManimalPatB

Awards
I am not the biggest proats fan, Idk why.

BUT

your mixture looks delicious

Epolis13

Epolis13

Awards
Try it with chocolate milk. You can thank me later.

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Final review- sorry for the slight delay as i was working through the tub :) I will be the first person to admit I am boring with my protein in regards to what I do with it. Don't cook or do much of anything besides drink it in shakes. Good news is that this protean hits the spot when it comes to my sweet tooth. I drank it every couple days with milk usually and it was great at curbing some late night sweet cravings. Nice creamy thick consistency with a nice blend of mint chocolate chip. I added ice cubes a few times to give it more of a shake feel but most of the time it wasn't necessary. Overall i was very pleased with this flavor. I would purchase this with my own money in the future it was that good. The only "downside" is that I don't see myself drinking it 3x a day; with that being said, there are almost no proteins I can tolerate consistently without some change up.

Taste-9/10- It taste just like mint chocolate chip ice cream that has been melted. No single flavor stood out but the blend of cream, mint, and chocolate hit the spot.

consistency/mixture- 10/10-great in water or milk. No need for anything other than a shaker cup to get it blended. It produces a medium thickness and consistency which really adds to the ice cream realness imo.

overall-9/10- definitely try this at some point if your a mint and chocolate chip ice cream fan. you will not be disappointed. Nice ingredient profile and a superb taste. Cost is also competitive for similar proteins in the 2lb range.

Thanks again for the opportunity iforce!