Tutti Frutti- DMAA infused MESO LOG

jaredmus

jaredmus

Awards
First off HUUUGE shoutout to the APS/Hi tech reps for hooking this stuff up.
I have used most of the pre workouts under the sun, and just recently a few DMAA (dust extreme, god of rage, and MEso)
I have always liked mesomorph a lot and felt I sweat the most on this particular product, and have the least amount of... crash after.

Anyway Lets get this started off. Took my first scoop of Tutti frutti mesomorph today. It really does have the taste of that gum(haven't had it in years) but as your drinking it you get that same feeeling/taste in your mouth as the first few chews on some gum.
I like to take my pre workout about 20 minutes before I get to the gym , then I do about a 10 minute warm up.

Chest TODAY

60 degree incline Dumbell press- 110(7 reps)x4 sets
45 degree incline Barbell Bench- 205(8)225(8)x2 sets
Cable Crossover- 3 sets of 15
Incline dumbell fly- 40(12 reps)X2 sets
15 degree dumbell press-95(8)x2 Neutral grip

Banded Leverage machine press- 1pps(+orange elite fts bands) 3 sets of 12

Great pump felt like I could have kept going but had to get back and hit the books.
SO FAR == GREAT

cobri66

cobri66

Awards
I'm in for the Meso!

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
In on this! Meso is by far my fav pwo and the new flavor rocks.

Brandinooooo

Brandinooooo

Awards
  • Established
Subbed. I take my pwo around 30 minute before my sessions. But with this it hits within 20.

Robert5891

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Subbed. I take my pwo around 30 minute before my sessions. But with this it hits within 20.
I've found the same thing.

If you take some kind of carb powder with it pre workout like GlycoFuse, it lessens the harsh kick of it, but the focus still comes on strong.

Brandinooooo

Brandinooooo

Awards
  • Established
I've found the same thing.

If you take some kind of carb powder with it pre workout like GlycoFuse, it lessens the harsh kick of it, but the focus still comes on strong.
Hmmm....I'll try that.

Robert5891

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
any more good eats recipes lately brandon?

Brandinooooo

Brandinooooo

Awards
  • Established
any more good eats recipes lately brandon?
I haven't put any new ones up but I can later today. Anything in particular your wanting? I made Baked Chicken Parmesan w/ Caramelized Onions last night with Terriyaki Sauce and Rice if you want me to post that.

Robert5891

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I haven't put any new ones up but I can later today. Anything in particular your wanting? I made Baked Chicken Parmesan w/ Caramelized Onions last night with Terriyaki Sauce and Rice if you want me to post that.
Sure! I eat anything and everything!

jaredmus

jaredmus

Awards
Well after lots of overtime after the bomb scare(worked 22 hours straight) sleep messed up and eating way off, standing up for endless hours and stiff hips and back went in today and had a terrific workout!

Squats- 315(5)355(5)365(5)385(5)405(5)
Walking Dumbell lunges- 75lbs each side 2 sets of 20 steps
Paused wide Hack squats- 4pps(8)
one leg leg ext- 3 sets of 12 with 3 second negative
Lying Leg curls- 4 sets of 15
Good mornings 3 sets of 15

Overall smoked it, My legs are my weakest looking bodypart really trying to bring them up

Sweat like a wild man today, must have been the meggings

Robert5891

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Well after lots of overtime after the bomb scare(worked 22 hours straight) sleep messed up and eating way off, standing up for endless hours and stiff hips and back went in today and had a terrific workout!

Overall smoked it, My legs are my weakest looking bodypart really trying to bring them up

Those are some heavy ass lunges Jared! Way to go!!!

Epolis13

Epolis13

Awards

Would definitely not be able to walk for at least 4 days after this.

jaredmus

jaredmus

Awards
Would definitely not be able to walk for at least 4 days after this.
whats crazy is its never my legs that get really sore, but my lower back takes a beating. Not injured just pumps from hell, same with hips

jaredmus

jaredmus

Awards
Yesterday's Chest Workout

45 degree incline Dumbell press(nice slow negatives tooo) 110(8)x4 sets
Incline HS press-3pps(8)x4 sets
Flat Barbell Bench Press- 275(6)x3 sets
Decline HS Press(with foam roller behind back)INCREASES ROM dramatically-- 2pps(15)x3 sets
Cable Crossover SS with PEck deck 3 sets of 12

Great workout. Loving my mesomorph

Robert5891

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Mighty impressive chesticles workout !!!

jaredmus

jaredmus

Awards
Mighty impressive chesticles workout !!!

Thanks today's workout didn''t go as planned, I'm not one to make excuses but the past two days at work I had a foot post for a total of 17 hours. With all the equipment on it destroys your lower back and my hips.
My hips have always been tight, and until I either have an office job or a car without a partition I will need to be adjusting my training, more goblet squats and front squats and lunges and a lot less back squatting. My hips just aren't recovering between work and heavy squatting.

So went in today planning to do legs and my hips just couldn't warm up, did 275 x5 then 315x5 both paused to try to stretch the hips and it just wasn't happening. So I did about 15 sets of abs and stretched then came home. I have legit never done this before in my life, stopped mid workout but its not as much pain as it is extreme tightness. Everyone says stretch foam roll.... I AM Doing that but work is just taxing me like crazy

Robert5891

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thanks today's workout didn''t go as planned, I'm not one to make excuses but the past two days at work I had a foot post for a total of 17 hours. With all the equipment on it destroys your lower back and my hips.
My hips have always been tight, and until I either have an office job or a car without a partition I will need to be adjusting my training, more goblet squats and front squats and lunges and a lot less back squatting. My hips just aren't recovering between work and heavy squatting.

So went in today planning to do legs and my hips just couldn't warm up, did 275 x5 then 315x5 both paused to try to stretch the hips and it just wasn't happening. So I did about 15 sets of abs and stretched then came home. I have legit never done this before in my life, stopped mid workout but its not as much pain as it is extreme tightness. Everyone says stretch foam roll.... I AM Doing that but work is just taxing me like crazy
That's the majority of my leg workouts, goblet to start, then front squats, bulgarians, lunges, etc. I find that to be working really well and helps even out any strength imbalances

jaredmus

jaredmus

Awards
That's the majority of my leg workouts, goblet to start, then front squats, bulgarians, lunges, etc. I find that to be working really well and helps even out any strength imbalances
Tmrw going to start out with adductor and abductor, leg ext, leg curls,
Then do jeffersons- opens up the hips for me anyway, move on to some dumbell/barbell lunges and then finish with some CG machine leg press

Robert5891

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Tmrw going to start out with adductor and abductor, leg ext, leg curls,
Then do jeffersons- opens up the hips for me anyway, move on to some dumbell/barbell lunges and then finish with some CG machine leg press
Sounds like a solid workout!

jaredmus

jaredmus

Awards
Sounds like a solid workout!
and in my efforts to crush legs today, figured I'd show a video from about 3 years ago the last time I competed and my quads/hams were small compared to my glutes-- sadly three years later, glutes keep growing and quads and hams still lagging
[video=youtube;a3MGLzQsang]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3MGLzQsang[/video]

Epolis13

Epolis13

Awards
It's a never ending process. When I was competing in figure they always used to tell us to bring our legs down, which made me mad. Keep pushing!

jaredmus

jaredmus

Awards
It's a never ending process. When I was competing in figure they always used to tell us to bring our legs down, which made me mad. Keep pushing!
thanks yeah here is some from today's workout
[video=youtube;zoDNoV-nmUg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zoDNoV-nmUg[/video]

[video=youtube;3-IOxQAk_ZQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-IOxQAk_ZQ[/video]

I promise doing side laterals these way will rock your delt

jaredmus

jaredmus

Awards
Back workout today!

Deadlifts -405(10)x 6 sets [90 second rest periods]== brutal
Rope Pullovers- 4 sets of 12
Wide Grip Pull ups- 4 sets of (8 reps)
CG pulldowns- 190(8)x4 sets
Chest Supported Dead stop Machine Row- 2pps(10)x4 sets
Dante Cable Rows- 125(12)x4 sets
One arm Pulldown-70(10)x3 sets all super slow

GREAT Workout great pump, had to stop myself cause I had to get back and hit the library before work

jaredmus

jaredmus

Awards
Another killer workout in the books. Got the new STrong wraps and tried them out... usually use gangsta wraps but my buddy gave me these as a BDAY gift.

Flat bench- 295(4)315(4)325(4)x3 sets-- haven't went this heavy in a while
60 degree paused incline dumbell press-100(8)x3 sets
Incline Dumbell fly- 45(10)X2 sets
Cable Crossover- 3 sets of 12
Flat pin loaded machine press- 200(12)x3 sets very slow reps

Hammer Curls- 50(8)x2 sets
Straight bar curls- 85(12)x3 sets
INcline Dumbell Curls- 30(10)x2 35(12)
Cable Curls- 2 sets of 10

OVerall was in and out quick had to get back hit the books.

jaredmus

jaredmus

Awards
LEGS

Squats- 315, 335,365(8 reps) All paused-- don't know the last time I hit 365(8 paused) BTW I high bar squat
HAck Squats- 3plates per side +25 (12)x3 sets
Single leg Bulgarian split squats- 50lbs 3 sets of 12
Walking Barbell Lunges- 155,175x 30 yards
Banded Dumbell Stiff legs- 3 sets of 12 reps--- these are INSANE banded over your neck and step on it

Super set- leg ext and leg curls- 6 sets of 15 each

GREAT WORKOUT - mesomorph still going strong taste great, sweat a ton, loads of energy no crash

jaredmus

jaredmus

Awards
BACK + RUNNNIG --

So for work I have a 1.5 mile run and obstacle course type thing in 3 weeeks so I actually need to start doing some cardio .

Back-
Conventional deads- 495(5)545(5)x3- all done dead stop===my gym has hex plates and no platform
Seal rows- 165(10)185(8)x2 195(8)
Pull ups- 6 sets of 9 reps
Reverse Grip Pulldowns- 205(12)x3 sets

REar Dumbell fly- 20(10)x3 SS with TRAP bar Seal row 135(12)x3 sets
Rope Face Pull SS with Rear Delt fly- 3 set of 12 each
T Bar Cable Row- 215(12)x2
Dante Cable row- 125(12)x2 sets
Then ran for 15 minutes on a 3.5 incline and finished with 1.70 miles--- not bad

Really sweat it out on the run today. After all that and not a great night of sleep full day of work plus 1.5 hours of overtime, still no crash at 1am as I type this up.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Nice back workout. I think I still give the rocket popsicle and edge over tutti frutti. What do you think? Or have you tried rocket popsicle?

jaredmus

jaredmus

Awards
Nice back workout. I think I still give the rocket popsicle and edge over tutti frutti. What do you think? Or have you tried rocket popsicle?
Tutti frutti is good but a little to sweet/artificial for my liking--- JUST LIKE THE GUM-- identical IMO , just to sweet for me. Icy Rocket popsicle is good I liked it better

jaredmus

jaredmus

Awards
Hip+ lower back tightness continues....

Had a super hard time warming up today and was one of my worst leg days in recent memories--

Squats- 365(5)375(5)X2
Leg Ext- 4 sets of 12
Single leg bulgarian squats- 60lb dumbell= sets of 10
Front smith machine squats 2pps 4 sets of 8 reps
Jeffersons- 3 sets of 10 (115lbs)

Then ran for 8 minutes--

NEW PLAN-- training hams harder and quads secondary. In the past 4 years my quads no matter how I train them, high rep low reps, To failure, 3x per week 1 x per week progress very slow. However I can always feel my hams and glutes. Past 4 months been training quads harder then glutes and hams. NOw time to reverse. Next few weeks will be very glute and ham dominated

Robert5891

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Tutti frutti is good but a little to sweet/artificial for my liking--- JUST LIKE THE GUM-- identical IMO , just to sweet for me. Icy Rocket popsicle is good I liked it better
Couldn't agree more with y'all. Rocket pop is better than Tutti Frutti in my opinion.

My favorite though is Pineapple!

jaredmus

jaredmus

Awards
Couldn't agree more with y'all. Rocket pop is better than Tutti Frutti in my opinion.

My favorite though is Pineapple!
just went to the DR. I will be taking 5-7 days off of weight training do to a hip/lower back strain. I will be doing the bike for about 20 minutes each day. Still using core test pre cardio. First Time I have been injured it some time.

Will be getting a final review of this up very shortly!

When I get back to training I need a more set plan and 5 days a week not 6. Time to back off a little. Layne Norton PHAT will be my go to. Have had success multiple times in the past

MARK_

MARK_

Awards
Nice work throughout your log. I'm interested in your final review

jaredmus

jaredmus

Awards
Well came back past few days and this is what I was capable of :)started layne norton PHAT today. And didn't go Bananas but day 1 is Power upper

HS one arm ROW- 4pps(6)4pps+25(6)x2sets 5pps(6)x2sets---- kept form really tight
HS 2 arm row( non feet supported) 2pp+25(7)x3 sets
Tbar Lat Pulldown-205(10)215(8)225(8)
Wide Grip Cable row-240(8)x2

Incline(45 degree)- Dumbell Press---110(5)x2 120(5)-- I do these with slow negatives and a slight pause at the bottom
Flat HS Press- 2pps+25(7)x3 sets

Hs Shoulder press-2pps+20ps(8)x3 sets
Side Laterals- 40,45(10)

Seated Hammer curl-50(8)x3 sets
EZ Bar Preacher Curls- 80(10)x2 sets
Vbar Pressdown- 95,100(8 )

and the day after
POSTERIOR DAY--- easing back into it!

Sumo deads- 495(4)x2 515(4) 535(4) 545(4)--- no where near PR's but good day easing back into things
RDLS- 275,295,305(8)-- again nothing wild
Lying Leg curls- full stack- 4 sets of 8 reps
Dumbell Stiff Leg DEads- 120(12)x2 sets
Seated Calf raise-4 sets of 12
Jefferson- 115(10)x2 sets

Overall not a bad day... easing into things very sore today. Enjoying a nice rest day. Will be putting up a final review within the next few days GREAT PRODUCT