SPONSORED: A Joint Performance (Flexatril and Xtend perform)

banjobounce

banjobounce

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
First thing's first. Big thank you to TheSolution and 1Fast400 as well as the whole Scivation crew.

This log will be used to test the effects of Scivation's Joint aid supplement, Flexatril and their recent bcaa formualtion, Xtend Perform.
I opted for the Black Cherry flavor of Xtend.
My training is currently 6 days on and 1 off. This may change, as I am on week 5 of 6 currently of my program. Up to this point, the concentration in my training has been focused on getting better contractions from week to week. I always do a 100 rep set of occluded leg press or ham curls, etc to accumulate lactic acid before the workout begins. 3 days of the week I include 10 heavier reps on either Deads, Bench or weighted chins. I also throw in 20 rep breathing squats once a week ( usually). These are all outside of the actual training template.

Seeing as it was a performance that allowed me to run these products,it will be performance that I will be trying to increase as the goal of my log. I have high expectations for this run. I intend to increase intensity (weight used), workout density (as will be done by super setting more farmers walks, etc) and I would also like to progress in my skill level at bodyweight exercises. I am not saying that my volume is maxed out, but it is pretty high. I would like to keep this the same or slightly higher all while increasing the previously mentioned variables.

It should go without saying that I am dropping any staples that I have left in my stash in order to give these products a fair shake. I will be dosing 1 serving of Xtend Pre workout and 1 serving late intra or post. As for the Flexatril, I will dose the loading protocol as directed as well as the maintenance dose as directed.

I should note that I tend to over reach pretty quickly. My goal is to make it through the end of this log without having to deload. This may occur, and it may not. My joints, especially my knees and left elbow tend to take a beating from the high frequency of training legs and arms (arms being a slowly improving weak point for me) on top of my current training template. I truly hope that the Flexatril will help in this regard, as I do not like to use glucosamine products. I want a joint product that I can get behind.

I assure you that I will be going hard on this one.

First impression of the products:

Xtend has a nice profile. I am coming to appreciate the power of a good source of electrolytes. The current dosing scheme will give me 22 workouts of 15g of bcaa and 5g of glutamine per workout..... not too shabby if you ask me. I am excited to try the Black Cherry flavor ( I am a sucker for cherries). I also enjoy that Scivation has put in 1 g of Citrulline Malate (1:1) per serving (2g total per workout). This is great because it will give a slight boost in endurance, a slight pump, and is also dosed almost perfectly to be a potent ammonia scavenger= good call in my book.

The big ingredient(s) in question here is the PEAKO2 Performance Blend, which is 2000mg of a proprietary blend of Cordyceps, Reishi, KIng's Trumpet, Shiitake, Lion's Mane, and Turkey Tail. I have had no prior experience with any of these to my knowledge. I do have experience with high density type training and feel that I will be able to gauge the effectiveness of output/ endurance increases from this product. I am pretty in tune with my training and will be on the lookout for how much easier or harder that certain aspects of it become.

One final note on Xtend: I notice that it uses ergocalciferol instead of cholecalciferol as a vitamin D source.I have no known experience with this form of D. I have read that it has a longer half life and is more potent. It is interesting to see how this will play out.

Flexatril: I am excited to see a major joint product that has no glucosamine in it. The main ingredients include Microlactin (no prior experience). Ayuflex Chebulic Myrobalan (no experience), Sensoril (I have used and enjoyed), and Lactase ( I'm assuming to aid in digestion of the micro lactin.)

I have no clue what this product will do for me. I am hoping it works to give me those greasy joints, but I will not hesitate to state if it doesn't do crap for me.

All this being said, my first workout will be today. I will keep you posted. Thanks once more to Scivation and all the reps for allowing me to review these fine looking products. I assure you that I will test them thoroughly.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Don't wait LATE intra or post to take the perform. You want this when you train. 1 pre and then one starting your workout and sip on it during your workout. Make the most of that Peak02 and performance.

I hope to see some intensity sets, drop sets, accumulation sets, rest pause sets in your training
Test your limits with HIIT Cardio. I really want to see the difference in your rest periods, day to day recovery, and your strength gains or maintaining your strength based off your caloric intake and goal.

I hope to see another one be turned into a believer :)

banjobounce

banjobounce

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Good point with the intra.. will do. As for my weigh goals... I am doing a lean bulk atm, but will probably end up transitioning into recomp. Don't worry about drop sets as they are built into my training protocol. I also routinely do various forms of hiit and cluster sets. Could you clarify accumulation sets for me when you get the time though? I am not sure what you mean by them.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
You add weight as the set goes on. Instead of doing a drop set its vice versa.

So for example. Start on a leg press with 1 plate a side, have 2 friends add weight every 7-8 reps. and see how many sets you can bang out.
You will be hurting after :)

Here is an example of adding weight instead of dropping weight

[video=youtube;7LkW9xDpqqQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LkW9xDpqqQ[/video]

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
In on this!

banjobounce

banjobounce

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Workout today went very smooth. Hitting Pr's on everything and, ironically, I did have much more endurance than normal, even though I am still hacking crap up from my lungs between super sets from a cold that I am still getting over. I am NOT ready to contribute this to the products that I am taking, as it is the first workout on them and it would be chalked more up to placebo than actual benefit of the supplements.

Last week I pulled 315 on deads for doubles until I got to ten. I probably could have gotten trips on a couple of sets, but this week I was pulling it for 4 at time and could have gotten 5 on my first set. The weight moved easily, and I was using a 5010 tempo (5 second negative). I had 25-30 seconds rest between sets and pulled 11 total then went on to 150 occluded leg extensions.

I then proceeded to my scheduled workout. Pushups, dips, or assisted chins were supered in between ALL scheduled super sets.

Barbell lever rows 3012 for activation 2x8 15+ bar both sets supered with 75 degree lateral db raise 2x12 15's both sets 3012 for activation.

Barbell lever rows wave load 864 864 4010 temp 35, 40 45, 40, 45, 50 supered with 75 degree lateral db raise 888866 15's for the 8 and 20's for the 6's.

Neutral grip lat pulldown 2x8 3110 140 both for activation supered with cable lateral raise 3011 with 10 sec eccentric on last rep each set 2x10 20's both.

Neutral grip lat pulldown wave loading 753 753 strip set last set 3010 140 150 160, 150 160 170. supered with (you guessed it) cable lateral raises 3010 8888 66. strip set last set 20's for the 8s and 30's for the 6's.

I then did some occluded reverse curl drop sets for forearms, 2 55 second body bridges and proceeded to do HIIT on the incumbent bike for 200 cals.

For those of you that are not familiar with my training, you will be saying that these are light weights. I am following the MI40 style of execution and creating extra tension with internal cues. I am also squeezing as hard as possible in the fully shortened position and contracting the antagonist in the fully stretched position in order to keep as constant tension as possible. I am not as weak as you think.

Tomorrow is ham day, and I will be doing heavier work for the hiit, as in farmers walks and things of the sort.

Thoughts on Xtend: The flavor is great and it mixes well. I have never tried a cherry product to memory and have nothing to compare it to, but I do recall drinking it intra and actually saying "mmm,.. tasty" out loud.

The pump that I got was surprisingly pleasant from just 1 g of citrulline malate pre and 1 g intra. It was nothing mind blowing, but I wasn't expecting anything at all, and it was nice to remember that the simple things still elicit results.

Weight was 175.8 this morning. Sitting around 9% bf, and actually look it when I'm not holding a bloat. Taking in around 2800 kcals per day with my goal macros being 237 p 202 C and 107 fat. I do get a little more of each depending on what clean leftovers my mom does not use in her cooking ( green beans, chicken breast, etc.... Hey, I'm a little poor right now, not gonna pass up free food).

Hopefully I can get some more subs to this log. I am looking forward To becoming more athletic and whipping my own @$$ in the weight room.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Black Cherry is a killer flavor.. people are loving it!

mikelly1107

mikelly1107

Awards
  • Established
In to follow brother. Hope you love perform as much as i did, and see similar results!

banjobounce

banjobounce

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Tonight was hamstrings. I started with weighted chins 10x1 with 20 extra lbs on a belt 30 seconds rest between each set. Progressed to occluded leg press 100 reps with 2 plates +25's. I basically did giant sets the whole workout. For the first two exercises, I used two different tempos whether they were activation sets or not but the giant set went: Leg curls body extended 2x8 3012 with 35 into calf presses 2x10 3012 with 2 45's and a 25's into landmine squats with a plate for 20 reps into farmers walks with 90's for 40 seconds into pushups on a balance ball for 20 reps.

The next six sets were the same exercises, but the first two were different: body extended leg curls 6x4 40x0 57.5, 57.5 62.5, 67.5, 67.5 the last set was a 2-2-2 cluster. Calf Press 6x8 31x0 3 plates each side +50's. The rest of the giant sets were the same.

45 degree back extension 3012 2x10 35's into seated calf raise 2211 2x8 250 into t bar rows with a 25 and two 10s for 20 reps into barbell glute bridges 230 for 10 reps with focus on squeezing the glutes at peak contraction.

Romanian deads banded at hip for top range overload 864 864 waves 3110 with a 10 sec eccentric last rep of each set 205 225 245 225 245 255. Followed by seated calf raises to fail 6 sets 250 followed by ab wheel rollouts followed by palloff press with band.

I seem to be getting stronger as all of my heavy lifts went up. It is harder to work up a sweat and my workout density has gone up. I will say this about the Xtend. I was yawning and ready for a nap after work today when I got to the weight room, but about 5 minutes after taking the Xtend, I was going a pretty good clip. I was contracting hard on all exercises and the rest between giant sets was ~45 seconds give or take 5 seconds. It took several sets to even get me winded. I would fail on an exercise, but would not be breathing like a locomotive and sweating profusely as I usually do.

This could all be mental right now. If my performance keeps increasing at the rate that it is right now, I will be thoroughly pleased.

Weighed in at 181.3 at 8.6% bf after the workout. My weight first thing in the morning, ironically, was 181.3....... scale not reading 8.6... Looked bleh in morning, nice, hydrated, and fuller in the evening.

My elbow and right shoulder ( the one that never gives me problems) started flaring up when doing barbell rows yesterday, this will provide a test for the Flexatril... we shall see how it goes.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
My elbow and right shoulder ( the one that never gives me problems) started flaring up when doing barbell rows yesterday, this will provide a test for the Flexatril... we shall see how it goes.
How severe are these injuries? Did they ever need surgery? If they were that bad in the past have you done anything to treat them? Flex should help reside the pain but can't replace a doctors orders or surgically repaired ligaments and joints. If it never got that bad you should really see it kick in within 5-7 days.

The perform is shining on day 2. by 10 days you will be a firm believer :)

banjobounce

banjobounce

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
How severe are these injuries? Did they ever need surgery? If they were that bad in the past have you done anything to treat them? Flex should help reside the pain but can't replace a doctors orders or surgically repaired ligaments and joints. If it never got that bad you should really see it kick in within 5-7 days.

The perform is shining on day 2. by 10 days you will be a firm believer :)
No surgery. simple impingement or something of the sort. Really not worried about it holding me back from training. Could simply be irritation of humerus rubbing against front of shoulder capsule.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
No surgery. simple impingement or something of the sort. Really not worried about it holding me back from training. Could simply be irritation of humerus rubbing against front of shoulder capsule.
Flex should really assist with these.. Give it a few days to kick in and it will be smooth sailing.
At least the Perform is kicking into full gear ASAP which is key!

banjobounce

banjobounce

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
My bank account was hacked again today (not that I had much for them to take, but they pretty much ran me dry.) It was good fuel for my workout.

I did not do any heavy singles today, as I have done them 3 days in a row, and I want my CNS to recover for my next deadlift session.

I did occluded leg press century set to warm up with 2 plates each side with my feet as low on the platform as possible. I had a very very weird feeling when doing these. The ONLY thing I took pre workout was the Xtend. I gave it about two minutes and got on the leg press. Around rep 50 I got a very hot feeling in my stomach like I was starving. My head felt like it was closing in. I was getting shortness of breath, very hot, and flushed (Not neccessarily like beta alanine or niacin... different). This all lasted for about 10 seconds. I pushed through the set. When taking off the wraps, instead of the blood flow bringing a relieving feeling, it sent a very burning sensation all the way down into my feet. This wasn't a lactic acid type burn, it was more similar to drinking a glass of wine, getting that warm sensation and getting sleepy (yes I was sleepy for a short time to the point of yawning) but much stronger.

After the set was over, and the blood got back into my limbs, the feeling went away rapidly. I do feel like the Xtend helped with endurance, especially since my rest times were short and all my weights went up even on heavy sets.

Giant sets 8 rounds. Decline pec cable fly 3012 2x8 25's and 30's first two sets 4010 last six 864 864 with 45 50 60 50 60 70 into bent over lateral raise ( same tempo as pec flyes for all sets) 8x8 12, 12 22's on the rest. Into Goblet squats 20 reps atg with 40 lb db into dynamic (speed work) banded deadlift with a mixture of coventional and reeves style grip 10 reps 135 + orange elite fts band. into band assisted neutral grip chinups focusing on outward intention for lats 10 reps 4010.

Smith press 3011 2x10 135 for activation into seated cable lateral 2x8 3110 15's. Into Kelso shrug 120 for 15 reps into lat pulldown outward intention 12 reps same weight.

Same supers for the next six sets but Smith press was 6x4 2-2-1 cluster last set 185 195 200 (Complete control and hard contraction of pecs at top due to downward and inward intention... felt great on upper chest) 200 195 195( cluster was in complete control as well, but I was completely exhausted to the point of complete failure on last rep.)... All of these numbers are PR's for me doing this style of press.

The cable rear lateral raises for the next six sets were 6x8 30x0 using 15's for all. (same supers as previously stated.)

slight incline db flies 2x8 30's both NOSX last set ( quadruple drop set with intra set stretching for 30sec inbetween drops.. contracting antagonist hard as possible under the same load used... pretty painful).

Occluded incline curls for some bloodflow and recovery for arm day tomorrow.

200 cals of steady state cardio ( HIIT tm).

One note about Xtend: I have found that I have to drink it and then was out a large amount of residue from the bottom of shaker ( I am assuming this is the PEAK 02) It is not a big deal or inconvenience, but something worth pointing out. Cherry flavor is still delicious lol.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Mix the Xtend perform the night before. I have yet to see the residue be a huge issue. You using a blender bottle? Sometimes those shakers with nothing in them don't mix things very well at all.
The residue would be the peak02, but the flavoring should mask it very well. I had the Peak02 in bulk before and it is very earthly tasting. Mike did a good job with the flavoring on the perform to mask it well.

Glad you are loving the perform and reaping the benefits on day 3 already mate!!!

Lets see what flexatril is doing for you

banjobounce

banjobounce

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It is not a complaint about the residue, simply an observation. Xtend Black Cherry tastes great. The flexatril is treating me well. My right shoulder is not aching. I think I am still waiting for it to kick in. I have hit my joints hard this week, and tomorrow is a rest day. I truly think it is helping my shoulder, as I thought I had irritated the capsule, but it was feeling good enough to throw in some incline db's today.

Today was arms day, but I did 20 rep breathing squats with 210 and 20 rep breathing pullover with a 35 first. Proceeded to do one of those accumulation sets on ham curls, started it at 10lb and increased a plate after each 8 to 10 reps all the way up to 100. Tried to keep my body as extended as possible to get the hardest contraction possible. I actually dropped back down after not being able to climb for 3 reps. I probably did over 100 reps, and it is an interesting intensifier... really gets the mmc going before the heavy weights. I then did a century set of leg extensions occluded with 50 and dropping as needed.

Giant sets for the day: one arm db preacher curl using a bench 3012 2x8 for first two sets 20's 40x0 6x5 25 for all except last (20). Into cross cable tri extensions (same tempos as last exercise) 40 first set and 50 for the rest. Into assited pullups to fail (usually 12) into assisted dips (90 lbs assistance) 12-15.

Second tri sets: Cable preacher 3011 first 2x8 using 70 30x0 last 5x6 90 90 80 80 70 2 drops last set. supered with overhead rope tri extension3110 first 2x8 70 70 30x0 last 5x6 same weight as the cable preachers. Into Db incline press 30's for 15-20 reps with hardest squeeze at contraction and stretched positions.

Incline db curls 1x8 4010 NOSX using 20's x8

Overhead rope tri extension 30x0 1x8 NOSX 60.

Full body bridge for 1 minute and lower ab machine for a couple of fun sets.

Did HIIT on bike for 200 cals.

I will say that I need a rest day tomorrow (fortunately it is scheduled), however, I am able to push myself harder thus far in the gym. My joints are holding up well for as many reps as I am doing, and my rests are virtually non-existant ( no longer than 30 secs, and that is pretty high) and all of my weights are higher with hard contractions.

I'm gonna keep pushing this protocol because I feel that I am making good performance gains. Saturday is quad day.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Now thats what i am talking about Perform kicking into high gear.

banjobounce

banjobounce

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
High gear indeed. I'm not going to lie. I am completely run down today. My joints feel pretty good, but my CNS i lagging. I usually only require one rest day though for my performance to return to normal (Not that I was doing Powerlifting type heavy weights to begin with). My sleep was pretty good last night, in fact, I only woke up one time, which is uncommon for me. The problem is that I am STARVING every second of the day. My calories have been higher than normal, and it looks like I'm either holding water or gaining weight. Could somebody give me a possible reason for this, or opinion as to whether it is a problem? Could it possibly be that my body wants to compensate and grow, or is this just going to make me fat?

Usually when I am ran down, my rest day with a higher amount of food will allow me to drop any water weight I was holding after a day or two, and it appears that I gain muscle.

I am just confused as to why I can sleep better than normal and be hungrier than normal.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Sometimes you got to feed the fire and listen to your body
Your caloric expenditure is high with a lot of training and volume. You must compensate to fuel and recover training.
Keep sleeping like a champ, but eat up and listen to your body.

banjobounce

banjobounce

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Today was quads and calves, but I tried to up the ante with the giant sets and make most of the moves an explosive concentric.

Bench 175 for 3,2,3,2,2 20 seconds rest. I am definitely still getting stronger on bench. Hopefully my numbers keep climbing.

110 reps occluded leg press 2 plates each side.

Giant sets went as follows: Leg extensions 3012 first set with 50 4010 for last 7 sets 864 8644 100 110 120 110 120 130 135 supered with calf press 3012 first set last seven was 4 plates plus 25's for 10 4010. Supered with banded at feet deadlift 155 focusing on bar speed not so much on eccentric. Supered with farmer's walks 40 seconds with 90's (55's last 2 sets). Into pushups with feet on swiss ball for 15 reps ( medicine ball under one arm for last two sets 8 each arm.). Supered into close grip bench 155x4-5 30x0. 135 last two sets.

Next giant sets: Reverse banded hack squat 3210 first set with 2 45's each side 4010 for last 7 753 7533 2 45's +25, +35, 3 45's, +50, +50. Supered into seated calf raise one legged 8x8 2211 235 all sets. Supered with Glute barbell hip thrusts 235 5 reps. Supered into pulley upright wide face pulls 20 reps, supered into overhead tri extension cable 12 reps.

Finished with 2x8 leg extension 4011 with 95lbs strip set last set. Then did a 40 rep set of rev. banded hack squat trying to emulate sissy squats (glutes locked, bending at knees only) with 1 plate each side, then finished with 12 one legged squats each leg and a little ab work.

I will state for the record, that this wore me out. I am fairly confident that the Xtend is helping me push harder. Of course, it doesn't make the work any easier, but I think my overall work capacity increases when taking it. Still waiting to see if my knees are achy in the morning (c'mon Flexatril!).

I got home and checked my body composition, and holy cow I think I have been so hungry for a reason. 185.6 at 9.6% bf (by scale reading). This is a higher lean mass composition than I have ever measured at.

Back anddelts tm. I will probably attempt some deads and hiit as well. I think I will try out those accumlation sets on leg curls again as I enjoyed them thoroughly.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Got to feed the fire man.
Can't be afraid to listen to your body. The scale is the least valuable tool. If you want a true BF measurement get a dexa scan or get a hydro done. Use the mirror, as the scale is just a minor tool

Perform continues to shine!!!

banjobounce

banjobounce

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I agree, but what gets me with the mirror is the day or two that my body holds water due to inflammation when growing. After a day or two, it goes away and I have grown. Knees are feeling good this morning btw.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I agree, but what gets me with the mirror is the day or two that my body holds water due to inflammation when growing. After a day or two, it goes away and I have grown. Knees are feeling good this morning btw.
keep us up to date on not only your knees but the mobility of your other joints while on flexatril.

banjobounce

banjobounce

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I went in today and struggled to hit the same reps on deadlift that I did on my last session. I held back on finishing all of the reps and did 315 for 4, 3, 2.

I did occluded accumulation sets on leg curls and leg extensions working from the 10 to the 70 plates and back down.

Giant sets Barbell row 3012 first set of 8 with 15 lbs on bar 7x5 after that 45 on bar 47.5, 47.5, 45, 45, 45, 40. Supered into 75 degree lateral raise 3012 first set using 10's 3010 for the next 7x6 20 20, 20 15, 15, 15, 15. Supered into assisted chin ups with gravitron 75lbs with motion at elbow joint for bicepsX 8-12 reps. Into assisted dips with same weight X15 into pushupsX20 into slight incline pullover for upper chest 30lb db for 20 reps. I added in some plain old bb curls with a 40 for 12-15 reps for as much tension as I could generate for the last 4 sets.

Next giant set neutral grip pulldown 7x6 31x0 150 160 150 140 140 140 140 supered into cable lateral raise 7x6 20's all supered into abductors for 20 reps(first three sets) and adductors 20 reps (next three) and back extension x20 reps last set.

Seated row one arm 2x8 strip sets 3011 30's both supered with db lateral raises 3110 2x8+partials to fail 15's (very strict).

Finished with occluded curls, banded dead bugs, oblique cable crunches, and full body/ neck bridge for 55 seconds and 30 seconds respectively.

150 cals of eliptical work at high resistance trying to keep glutes constantly contracted and going at least 120 strides per minute trying for a good force output.

Biggest note of the day: my quads were 24 inches yesterday. I looked in the mirror before training today, and they are visibly bigger.I was pretty excited.

My joints are feeling bueno. I had a bit of pain in my upper bicep tendon in the left arm today, but I am not worried about it. Flexatril seems to take care of these things by the next morning thus far.

Xtend is treating me nicely. A couple of guys at the gym asked me about the type of training sessions I have been doing recently. They told me that if they did some of the crap I was doing, they would have a heart attack and that I didn't look too far from it with how I was sweating. I told them that it was most likely the Peak02 that allowed me to give that kind of output. The more I think about it, the more I feel that my previous statement of not making the workout easier, but upper the threshold of output makes sense. The flavor puts me in a good mood as well.

I haven't had anymore of those "Fire running up my body and getting hungry, short of breath, and tired for 10 second" feelings since the first one.

Thanks thus far to Scivation and the reps. I am enjoying the gains in mass that I have accrued up to this point. More on this: I think that I had over reached before taking Xtend and that taking these two products may have sped up the compensation/ recovery process and allowed me to still train hard. Just a theory though.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Not a theory. You are reaping the benefits. Keep up the great work!

banjobounce

banjobounce

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Tonight was more of the same as my last ham workout except heavier weights. worked upt o 275 on banded deads at hip for 3 for 3110 and 10 sec eccentric. Lots of farmers walks, pushups of all varieties, one legged squats, bulgarian split squats and barbell curls between reps.

Of note: I lowered cals last night and dropped a lot of water overnight. Didn't look too bad today, but nothing "selfie-worthy" uggh, I feel like a sissy now.

I also gained density in my weighted chinups with 20 lbs I did a double to begin and only rested 15 seconds for the first 4 reps, 30 seconds thereafter.

Occluded leg press for 120 reps 2 plates each side.... still hurt like a mother, but I wasn't nearly as winded or sweating as hard and was able to keep a much steadier pace.

banjobounce

banjobounce

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
tonight was chest.

Much better contractions than usual. tried to change up the occlusion leg press a bit 40 reps with 3 plates, 40 with 2 and 100 with one plate with feet low and attempting to bring heels to my glutes while keeping my hip flexors tensed and allowing no hip extension. It was a nice change upand challenging in its own way.

Decline chest flies 3012 for first 1x8 using 30's 4010 for last 7x6 using 60's supered into bent over db laterals 8x8 4010 with 10 sec eccentric on last rep each set 22.5's all. supered into 20 goblet squats with a 45 5upered into banded deads at feet with 185x 5-6 working for speed and force production supered into band assisted neutral grip pullups x10.

Smith press 30 degree incline 3011 first 2x8 135 for both. 6x4 30x0 185 195 205 205 200 195 Nos last set. supered with bent cable lateral raise 4010 8x8 15's all. Supered with Barbell hip thrusts with 185 10 reps.

Slight incline db flies 2x8 3110 30's both NOSX last set.

Did some occlusion work for lateral delts and cable curls with biceps in a full lengthened position (facing away from apparatus with elbows well behind body).

I then did the highest incline on the elliptical simulating a hill sprint and attempting to keep glutes contracted the whole time.

I have obviously put on around a pound of fat, but I have noticed improvements in my quads and chest. Eventually I'm going to have to bring up my arms and shoulders...... it never ends.

I am still very satisfied with this log up to this point. This training cycle is almost over and it will only get better afterwards.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Good to hear man.
Pin point us in on Flexatril and perform feedback as much as you can! We want to know what it is doing, what you are seeing, and how it is aiding your progress.

banjobounce

banjobounce

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Did some 20 rep breathing squat sets today. I worked up to 210 for ten with continuous tempo and then did 185 for 20's breathing style. Supersetted with pullovers with a 45 db for 20's breathing as well.

Proceeded to do the occluded accumulation sets on leg curls and extensions with the same weights as last time, but I can honestly say the contractions felt much harder.

one arm preacher w1x8 3012 20 and 6x5 25 40x0 supered with cross cable tri extension 1x8 3012 40 and 6 sets with 50 5 6 7 6 6 5. supered with behind back shrugs with 135 21 reps.

Cable preacher 6x6 +partials to fail 90 80 80 80 70 70 suprered with overhead tri cable extension 30x0 6x6 90 90 80 80 80 70.

Incline curls 1x8 NOSX 20

Overhead tri ext. 1x12 NOSX 80

did some trx work jackknife move to fail supred with pushups (great feeling in the pecs... I mean really good connection)

HIIt on incumbent bike. Had to stop a little short as my glutes and quads were cramping after one of the interval bursts.

One thing I noticed about my joints today: The strained feeling in the upper bicep tendon was gone, and my neither of my knees were making the typical clicking noise that they usually do when I squat. I am willing to attribute this to flexatril, as I am pretty close to being finished with the loading phase, and my joints have been feeling better everyday (even in the morning when my back, and usually shoulder ALWAYS hurts for a while). This is very convenient now that I think about it, and I wouldn't doubt if this is contributing to my increase in mood at work.

Chest is looking fuller today, and if my Mom was at the house so that I could use her phone (yeah yeah, I still rely on Mama) I would take a progress pic, as this may be the best I have looked since starting this log as far as sweet spots go. I'm pretty full and not too fat. Don't get me wrong, I'm not shredded, but my scale has me at 181.4 and 8.7% bf after training this evening.

banjobounce

banjobounce

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I am shot after tonights workout.

Bench with 175 20 seconds rest 3, 2, 3, 2, 2, 1.

leg extensions 864 8644 105 120 140 125 135 150 150 supered with calf press 4-45's +60all sets 8x10. Supered with seated row 75 + sled 15 reps+ 15 sec static hold last rep supered with farmers walks 40 sec with 90's supered with pushups on ball to fail supered with chinups for biceps static hold 20 seconds supered with belt squats emulating sissy squats with 30's 20 reps. supered with banded glute ham raises 15 reps supered with close grip bench 135 x8.

Reverse banded hack squats 8x5 4010 3 45's all sets NOS last set supered with seated calf raises 8x8. supered with lateral delt raises 20'x20 reps supered with hammer curls 30'sx8 supered with overhead tri cable extension 15 +sled 8-10.

finished with 40 occluded hack squat sled only and some ab work.

I also did 2 plates each side occlusion leg presses 140 reps. After dosing Xtend, this set really didn't challenge me like usual, but the workout overall destroyed me.

I went to sleep at 9:30 last night, but for sleeping so much, I really did not feel all that great come workout time.

usually, I wake up every 3-4 hours having to pee. Embarrassingly enough, I did not wake up in time and actually pissed on myself a little bit right before I normally wake up the last time (6:25 am). I am NOT saying that Xtend or Flexatril did this to me. I am merely reporting anything different that has happened since I started logging them. (This is supposed to be an unbiased log, right?)

Overall, I am still loving Xtend. I do not think that the vitamin D2 is interfering with my sleep. I am also loving flexatril. My joints are feeling great. I blew my legs into oblivion this evening, and I am 100% confident that I will wake up with no knee pains tomorrow.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Would not lead you wrong with these products mayne.
I would suggest tapering water down as the day goes on. This way you are not up all night going to the bathroom.

banjobounce

banjobounce

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Oh, I agree. I do not think that it is these products, rather something is screwing with my sleep patterns. BTW...my predictions were correct. My knees feel great. Sore calves, but the joints are golden.

banjobounce

banjobounce

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Tonights workout was the same back workout as last time, except I did it 16 hours fasted. The Xtend did a great job of getting me through it. I actually miscounted on barbell lever rows and used 10 lbs more than I did last week for a few sets ( I was thinking "crap, this feel so much heavier. Don't know if I can get it for full 8 sets). Deads felt good too as I got 315 for 5 instead of 4 on my first set. I start the newly updated mi40 foundation tomorrow. I will probably throw some extra volume in there as I have been doing for the current program that I am on. I am very excited for it.

The Cherry flavor is still incredible. I don't believe that it will get old. I am only dosing Flexatril once a day now. It is still keeping me pretty well held together.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
If you were to sum up Xtend perform so far in 2-3 sentences about your trianing what would you say? what are the biggest highlights and what have you noticed?

banjobounce

banjobounce

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
If you were to sum up Xtend perform so far in 2-3 sentences about your trianing what would you say? what are the biggest highlights and what have you noticed?
Basically that it has amplified my output in the gym. It would be hard to put a number on it but I would say by around a 5-10% in density at least.

I will give an analogy. It is like the difference between playing acoustic guitar and electric. The xtend allows me to play louder, however, it does not make it easier. I can push through more in the gym, but it doesn't seem to make anything easier, just possible. That is great with me.

The biggest highlights thus far are the PR's that I hit after using for around a week and the extra mass that I have put on from dosing peri workout. I do not get as winded when doing BW exercises or GPP movements such as farmers walks. I would be willing to bet that Xtend would really shine in a crossfit regimen.

Oh yeah..... the flavor..... Just like a dang cherry popsicle. The pump from the product is still serving me well too. I wasn't expecting this at all.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Mate that is fantastic feedback
Thank you for your honesty

banjobounce

banjobounce

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
My pleasure. I intend to run this log a bit longer until the product runs out if that is okay with you.

That being said, my workout was less giant set oriented and more centralized exhaustion related. Many chest supersets with some delts and occluded bis/forearms at end.

What I have noticed is that I do have an extended output to exhaustion on the compound lifts. It's not like beta alanine, which shines in the 10-15 rep range for the tempos that I use, but it is more useful in the ~8 rep ranges. My contractions and force output are much greater, but I am still eeking out another rep or two from what I normally do while still keeping good tension. I will keep you updated on how this translates to legs tomorrow.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
We greatly appreciate you fulfilling the log and also giving us exact feedback. That is what we value most in here man!!!

banjobounce

banjobounce

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
We greatly appreciate you fulfilling the log and also giving us exact feedback. That is what we value most in here man!!!
I will be getting me review up in the near future, but I have a decent amount of doses left, so I will continue to run it and observe different effects. I do know that since starting this new program, leg day has been extremely painful, and failure comes more from muscular failure as opposed to aerobic deficiency. I did some measurements last night, and since taking Xtend, my legs have grown .3 inches, my waist has went down .6 inches my calves have went up .3 inches, and my arms have went up .1 inches. I would say that is a pretty good recomp effect from these two products in such a short time. Weight has stayed roughly the same.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I will be getting me review up in the near future, but I have a decent amount of doses left, so I will continue to run it and observe different effects. I do know that since starting this new program, leg day has been extremely painful, and failure comes more from muscular failure as opposed to aerobic deficiency. I did some measurements last night, and since taking Xtend, my legs have grown .3 inches, my waist has went down .6 inches my calves have went up .3 inches, and my arms have went up .1 inches. I would say that is a pretty good recomp effect from these two products in such a short time. Weight has stayed roughly the same.
and here you are yelling at the scale when the mirror is in your favor :)

banjobounce

banjobounce

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
banjobounce

banjobounce

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
update: PR on deadlift today: 315 for 6, 3,3 30 seconds rest.

banjobounce

banjobounce

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Still hitting PR's, but they are slowing down. I am training extremely hard ( high volume of deads: heavy one day, and 8x8 next day after pre exhausting legs and back.) but am under recovering. The Xtend still allows me to push hard. I got yet another rep of 315 on deads. Banded ham curls are kicking my hind end, but increasing my contractions by a mile. My chins are staying the same. Squats have went up. I am noticing gains in the glutes. Ran out of Flexatril a couple of days ago, but the joints are holding up pretty well. The one pain that I do have is on the outside of my right knee. I think that it is nothing major and just from overuse of the joint. Feels more like a tendon that a joint issue though. It is a rest day tomorrow, I am going to try to occlude some blood to the tendon in order to "feed" it a couple of times.

Overall, I wish that I got these kind of gains from every product I ran. I have gained size, strength, increased endurance, and better stability on bodyweight exercises. I still have a little Xtend left too!

I have left my reviews of the product on BB.com. Overall, I think they were fair reviews with positive feedback.

Chef Bob, you truly are an easy and generous guy to work with. Thank you for the opportunity. I still feel that I am about to peak and will update you guys on this thread when I do so.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Still hitting PR's, but they are slowing down. I am training extremely hard ( high volume of deads: heavy one day, and 8x8 next day after pre exhausting legs and back.) but am under recovering. The Xtend still allows me to push hard. I got yet another rep of 315 on deads. Banded ham curls are kicking my hind end, but increasing my contractions by a mile. My chins are staying the same. Squats have went up. I am noticing gains in the glutes. Ran out of Flexatril a couple of days ago, but the joints are holding up pretty well. The one pain that I do have is on the outside of my right knee. I think that it is nothing major and just from overuse of the joint. Feels more like a tendon that a joint issue though. It is a rest day tomorrow, I am going to try to occlude some blood to the tendon in order to "feed" it a couple of times.

Overall, I wish that I got these kind of gains from every product I ran. I have gained size, strength, increased endurance, and better stability on bodyweight exercises. I still have a little Xtend left too!

I have left my reviews of the product on BB.com. Overall, I think they were fair reviews with positive feedback.

Chef Bob, you truly are an easy and generous guy to work with. Thank you for the opportunity. I still feel that I am about to peak and will update you guys on this thread when I do so.
Please do sir.. Just toss me a final review on the perform when you kick the tub. I would not lead you into a log with 2 products I did not trust myself. I knew you would benefit from them greatly.

banjobounce

banjobounce

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Please do sir.. Just toss me a final review on the perform when you kick the tub. I would not lead you into a log with 2 products I did not trust myself. I knew you would benefit from them greatly.
Will do, good sir.

banjobounce

banjobounce

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I have dosed my final shot of Xtend Perform. I feel as if I have been hit by a freight train. I am absolutely sure that I have pushed myself to the point of another super compensation (that is 3 for one tub of Xtend). My very rarely get sore in the lateral delt area, but they are aching as if it is the first day I have trained them. Same for quads.

Final thoughts: Xtend is delicious and helps my body push as far as my mind will go. My gains on this run were great in the strength/density department. I went from doing weighted chins with 20lbs for singles to triples. My deads went from 315 for 10 singles with 30 seconds rest (5 minutes total) to 6 reps on my first set and a total of twelve in under 2 minutes.

I do wish that I had more flexatril to go along with the rest of the xtend that I used, as it really helped with the joints, and I am starting to feel it, especially in the knees, now that I am off of it and still training similar to before.

Will be shooting up a final review of the product later today.

Thanks once more to Chef Bob, and the Scivation crew. I have thoroughly enjoyed this log. It has made me appreciate the fact that creating a new novel category of supps is not needed. What Scivation has done is improved the efficiency of a time tested category, and I have found it just as effective as anything else that I have used for performance.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Just make sure you order up some more flexatril
the 4 cap serving is coming soon (in a few weeks) to nutraplanet. And we always have promo's going on for free bottles of perform/flexatril just keep your eyes in the company promo section.

I would not lead you wrong on great produts, and you really got the benefits out of them
Thanks for your honest feedback 1Fast400 and myself greatly appreciate your detail and honesty.

banjobounce

banjobounce

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I have tried to upload a final review, but the review section is not showing my submission. Any suggestions?