BULKING WITH BLOODNTHUNDER: LG SCIENCES BULKING ANDRO KIT AND HI-TECH'S EQUIBOLIN LOG

bloodnthunder

bloodnthunder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Welcome to my bulking log. Over the next six weeks I'll be running LG Science's Bulking Andro Kit alongside Hi-Tech Pharmaceuticals Equibolin. I'll be posting my workouts, reactions and whatever the heck else comes to mind over this period. I just received the kit today, so I'll be kicking this off tomorrow.
IMG_0432.jpg

A little about me, which I think it's somewhat important to get a feeling like you at least know the person who's compiling a log, if for no other reason than it brings a more personal aspect to the log and it also allows one to kind of understand the "mindset" of the person doing the log, this way the reader can then assess the progress etc..and apply the results comparatively to themselves. I tend to ramble, but my basic point here is that if you understand the subject, you can gauge how much you differ and then assess similarly. I honestly don't know If I'm wording this right at all, lol. But anyhow...

I'm 41 and have been working out for about 3 years now, with the last year and a half being extremely dedicated.

My journey though started in a very different place. Back in High School and throughout college, I was one of those uninformed and opinionated idiots who saw someone who lifted as a brainless idiot and assumed they were just dumb people who were so beneath me. Yeah, I know, I was a jerk.

I was relatively in good shape without doing any kind of real activity. I did swim competitively in college, but while that was great exercise, I never saw it as that, it was just having fun.

Anyhow, let's skip forward to 2007. Long story short, I fell off a truck and severely herniated 7 discs up and down my spine. Needless to say I was bad in a bad way. I couldn't get around without being in pain, PT hurt more than it helped and the relief I got from chiropractic only lasted a couple hours at a crack. So, in a nutshell, from 2007 until 2010 I basically slept, took oxy, slept, took oxy, rinse and repeat.

In 2010, now 350 lbs, I thought I was having a heart attack. So I had my father rush me to the hospital. LMAO, it was only gas pains, but it was a wake up call. I decided to lose weight. But I did it wrong, I chose to stop eating. Basically 2 weight watcher meals a day and that was that. The weight dropped quickly but the pain didn't subside at all. I looked better, sort of, but I was still in agony everyday. I got severely depressed and these thoughts were reaffirmed by the pain managers who basically told me I'd be on painkiller's the rest of my life.

So I thought I needed to start pushing myself a lot more. I knew it was going to hurt, but then again what did I have to lose. So I started upping the doses on the killers and going for walks. Soon I noticed that I was able to do it with less and less meds in me. But the pain didn't disappear, although I'd lost roughly 140 pounds by then. Anyhow, depression was still strong and I asked the pain doctor if I could start up a weight lifting routine, as I'd read that spinal issues can be helped by rebuilding the surrounding muscle tissues. They shot that down in a heartbeat and said I'd be reckless to do so.

Well, what does a reckless person, who's already feeling like there's no worse off they could be...yeah, they go get a gym membership. Within three months after I started lifting the pain was gone. Well, it was manageable at first, but there came a day when I realized I didn't need the drugs anymore. So I went through the weaning off process and three years later haven't had any pain or need for drugs, of that sort, since.

The weights became a drug though, I fell in love with lifting and getting in shape. I read, still do, everything I could find and decided to see how shredded I could get. 8.8% bf That's where I got to 2 months ago before I started bulking.

I'm planning on eventually competing and have literally fallen in love with lifting and the fitness lifestyle. Long ways away from the collegian who thought he knew what lifters were all about.

SO, now that you know a little about where I come from.. Lets talk about how I'm going to log these next six weeks.

After I got to 8.8 I went on a two week binge of eating and it was fun, but I gained little muscle 157 to 160 and 2% body fat.

So, I did a super clean bulk over the next 6 weeks and I went from 160 to 175 and that's where I am right now, 13.7%.

What I used during that bulk was nothing except the TRT from the dr. 200 eow. alongside mk-677 the final two weeks, because I read it can help with loose skin.

SO while the TRT may skew peoples opinions of this log, it shouldn't. Because I'm going to use a very similar lifting protocol, very similar nutrition protocol 500-1000 surplus each day, which has been roughly 3000-3500 calories a day. I'm going high on carbs, high on protein and under .5 grams of healthy fats. I know what I accomplished without the kit and the equibolin and adding that to the mix will allow me a direct comparison to how the results differ.

I'm aiming for another 9-12 lbs lbm gain, but hoping for more.

As far as training philosophies and protocol's I'll cover those bases as I move throughout the run.

I believe we all have a duty to ourselves to constantly provide ourselves with knowledge and to impart that knowledge unto others. So, I'm hoping this can become more than a log, but a six week sharing of ideas and information. And if my program works really well, it'll even stand as a template others can use for their own gains. Questions and comments are extremely encouraged, positive or negative.

I'll also try to keep this entertaining as much as I can.

Anyhow, I know this initial post was brutally long winded, so for those that stuck through and read it all, thanks and hope you enjoy the run.

bloodnthunder

bloodnthunder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
oh yeah, I have to take some new pics, but I'll post them in the next couple of days.

bloodnthunder

bloodnthunder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Glad to have you. Been itching to start this before the giveaway and after seeing alpha and kickstarts logs so far even more so

FireTitan

FireTitan

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Glad to have you. Been itching to start this before the giveaway and after seeing alpha and kickstarts logs so far even more so
Yep, theyre both doing good, and Alpha is killing it!! Just dont sneak a couple slices of pizza bro, these guys are ruthless once you ask them for support!! Lol. Good luck, and were here if you need us!

bloodnthunder

bloodnthunder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Woke up like a kid on Christmas morning. Not even kidding u, woke up at five and just wanted to start the day, get this thing going. But then I remembered I didn't get to sleep until 130 so went back to sleep.

Dosing. M1andro 3xday am aft evening. 4 andro 2xday am afternoon 1 andro 2xday am evening equibolin 2xday timing isn't specified so going to go with an afternoon

First dosing is done. Had breakfast 2 packs weight control oatmeal only 1 g sugar per pack. 1/2 cup egg beaters(normally I do full cup but ran out). I spice the eggs up with a healthy dashing of cayenne and cinnamon. Then sprinkle some ginger, tumeric and this rediculous Monterey chicken seasoning and this smoky maple spice. Topped off with a modern caramel cookie stick scoop of protein.

Doing s few things then head back for pre workout meal and get this thing going.

As for the workout well, bc I got the kit late in the week I'll be either doing an arms day or hitting my second chest back day which I do as supersets. Haven't made up mind as of yet so stay tuned

RugbyBaller91

RugbyBaller91

Awards
Man what a story you got brotha you over came a ton obstacles glad to see you here and doing well il be following!

bloodnthunder

bloodnthunder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Pre workout meal: 2 tbsp almond butter, 1 tbsp jelly, low sugar honey based, 2 slices Ezekiel bread, 9 oz sweet potato and scoop of modern protein.

Was super excited to get this first lift in on this run. I know how products work and take time to kick in, so expectations were def in check.

Started off with 5 min jog
Warm up: 3 minute cluster set straight arm pulldown 30lbs x 125 reps, timed out at 121 but just went four more reps to even number out.

This is one of my go-to warm ups. For chest and back workouts. The blood accumulates like crazy in the last and idk about anyone else but lat pumps r my favorite and not only sets the tone for the workout, it's also fits perfectly for chest bc I believe in getting good blood flow to opposing muscle groups prior to hitting that group. I've had my best chest days ever since incorporating this in warm up

Rest of workout are super sets:

Incline barbell 115x15, 135x12, 145x10, 150x9

New pr at 150. 8 was prev high and to be honest I left a rep in the tank

Bent over barbell row 135x15, 155x15, 165x13, 170x12. I alternated regular and reverse grips. The 12 reps at 170 is 3 reps more than previous best. Did not leave another in tank lol

Flat db bench with neutral grip
80x3, 75x8,70x8, 80x 6

I did an extra set bc I was pissed. I didn't wait long enough between the first superset and this one and was disgusted I only hit it for three reps. Typically I can hit 80x6-8 reps, so had to give it another try

One arm db rows. 80x10,12,12. These were about par I've done 85 in the 10-12 range many times before but dude was using it and just didn't feel like waiting or asking to borrow for the sets.

Seated wide grip cable row
180x6,160x10,140x12, 120x15

I don't do wides enough to really get a gauge on things, much lower than what I get with v-bar though

Incline push-ups 4x20

Crossover high range. 20x20,25x16, 30x12
30 x 12 is best I've done in over a year when I was 185.

V-bar pulldown

120x15, 140x10,11

I was shot here. These numbers suck compared to usual. 160x 15 is usually what I build up to at a 4x15 range but just didn't have it in me.

Finished up with dips 2x10. Was supposed to b 1x20 but I had to break it down unfortunately

Was supposed to super with wide pull up to fail but got 1 clean out and said fucc it.

Overall I broke some prs but more than that I felt really good, in the beginning anyhow lol. Prob psychological but idc it felt great.

Top tracks during workout: graveworms cover of I need a hero and trap them-gift and gift unsteady

As you'll see during this log, I'm a big subscriber to two a days. I'll prob go back later tonight and do a full core workout with about 20 minutes of incline treadmill. Normally I'll do something like full chest am/ tris abs evening. Full back am/ bis and calves pm. And I'll break legs up a lot of times too. It just worked out where tonight's kind of no mans land if I want to lift tomorrow so it'll just b core tonight

FireTitan

FireTitan

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Pre workout meal: 2 tbsp almond butter, 1 tbsp jelly, low sugar honey based, 2 slices Ezekiel bread, 9 oz sweet potato and scoop of modern protein.

Was super excited to get this first lift in on this run. I know how products work and take time to kick in, so expectations were def in check.

Started off with 5 min jog
Warm up: 3 minute cluster set straight arm pulldown 30lbs x 125 reps, timed out at 121 but just went four more reps to even number out.

This is one of my go-to warm ups. For chest and back workouts. The blood accumulates like crazy in the last and idk about anyone else but lat pumps r my favorite and not only sets the tone for the workout, it's also fits perfectly for chest bc I believe in getting good blood flow to opposing muscle groups prior to hitting that group. I've had my best chest days ever since incorporating this in warm up

Rest of workout are super sets:

Incline barbell 115x15, 135x12, 145x10, 150x9

New pr at 150. 8 was prev high and to be honest I left a rep in the tank

Bent over barbell row 135x15, 155x15, 165x13, 170x12. I alternated regular and reverse grips. The 12 reps at 170 is 3 reps more than previous best. Did not leave another in tank lol

Flat db bench with neutral grip
80x3, 75x8,70x8, 80x 6

I did an extra set bc I was pissed. I didn't wait long enough between the first superset and this one and was disgusted I only hit it for three reps. Typically I can hit 80x6-8 reps, so had to give it another try

One arm db rows. 80x10,12,12. These were about par I've done 85 in the 10-12 range many times before but dude was using it and just didn't feel like waiting or asking to borrow for the sets.

Seated wide grip cable row
180x6,160x10,140x12, 120x15

I don't do wides enough to really get a gauge on things, much lower than what I get with v-bar though

Incline push-ups 4x20

Crossover high range. 20x20,25x16, 30x12
30 x 12 is best I've done in over a year when I was 185.

V-bar pulldown

120x15, 140x10,11

I was shot here. These numbers suck compared to usual. 160x 15 is usually what I build up to at a 4x15 range but just didn't have it in me.

Finished up with dips 2x10. Was supposed to b 1x20 but I had to break it down unfortunately

Was supposed to super with wide pull up to fail but got 1 clean out and said fucc it.

Overall I broke some prs but more than that I felt really good, in the beginning anyhow lol. Prob psychological but idc it felt great.

Top tracks during workout: graveworms cover of I need a hero and trap them-gift and gift unsteady

As you'll see during this log, I'm a big subscriber to two a days. I'll prob go back later tonight and do a full core workout with about 20 minutes of incline treadmill. Normally I'll do something like full chest am/ tris abs evening. Full back am/ bis and calves pm. And I'll break legs up a lot of times too. It just worked out where tonight's kind of no mans land if I want to lift tomorrow so it'll just b core tonight
Outstanding start

bloodnthunder

bloodnthunder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
So got home and decided I'm done for the day. It's way too easy for me to skip out on cardio bc I hate it so much. But sometimes just not in mood. I'll prob just do some sb work later in room.

Cpl other things I forgot to mention: was told the equibolin would increase appetite and let me tell you it's totally true. Been ravenously hungry all day especially after the workout.

Just finished dinner and have to say it wasn't the cleanest meal I've eaten in a while lol. Had 8.5 oz of turkey loaf and four potato patties. For a whopping 50fat 44 carbs and 36 proteins. But it's ok I burned way more in today's workout than is normal and even with a cpl more food sessions tonight I'll b right around that 1k surplus target.

RugbyBaller91

RugbyBaller91

Awards
So got home and decided I'm done for the day. It's way too easy for me to skip out on cardio bc I hate it so much. But sometimes just not in mood. I'll prob just do some sb work later in room.

Cpl other things I forgot to mention: was told the equibolin would increase appetite and let me tell you it's totally true. Been ravenously hungry all day especially after the workout.

Just finished dinner and have to say it wasn't the cleanest meal I've eaten in a while lol. Had 8.5 oz of turkey loaf and four potato patties. For a whopping 50fat 44 carbs and 36 proteins. But it's ok I burned way more in today's workout than is normal and even with a cpl more food sessions tonight I'll b right around that 1k surplus target.
Sounds so good lol

bloodnthunder

bloodnthunder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Well apparently I can't add my photos bc I don't have 100 posts. Which is weird bc I uploaded the photo of the kit last night. I'll try again from computer later tonight

bloodnthunder

bloodnthunder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Before Pictures:

IMG_0533.JPG

IMG_0523.JPG

IMG_0476.jpg

IMG_0465.jpg

LOL here's my doing my best Frank Zane Impression

IMG_0496.jpg

Finally, just for posterity purposes, here I was back in early 2011, sorry for any images permanently scarred into your brain LOL

Photo on 2012-06-06 at 16.29.jpg

bloodnthunder

bloodnthunder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Day 2

Weight same at 175.

Woke up feeling really good, had my usual breakfast and pre workout meals and decided to hit arms today

Ideally I don't really like to do arms the day after a high volume back/chest day. I've found that I'm really good if I hit say biceps later in the same evening where I did back early in the day and same goes for chest am tris pm. However for some reason when I wait til the following day, usually the arm lifts aren't as fruitful.

I got thrown off a bit in terms of normal splits bc of the upcoming holiday. Typically I'll take Sunday off and start split again on Monday, with my Saturday workout being a shoulder ancillary day coupled with some calves and some volume sets of leg extensions and curls. However because gym is only open til 2 on Monday and I know myself, that it's kinda unrealistic that I'll get up early enough and enjoy fighting everyone else trying to cram their workout in on Monday I decided to use Monday as my off day.

So I had to get creative and just went with arms today and will do my typical Saturday workout tomorrow

As for the workout: warmup bar curl 45x10

Spider curl. 7 sets 10-12. Fst-7 style. 70/10,65/10/60/12,10/55/12,11,50/12

Ez curl 75x8,65x10,70x1"

Db hammer 40lbs x 8,9,8

Cable rope hammer 7x10-12 fst-7 style. 42.5/12,11 37.5 5x12

Reverse cable curl 3x12 22.5/27.5/32.5

Rope pushdown 7x12 fst-7 style. 37.5

Bench dips 25lb. 3x12

1 arm reverse grip pushdown 3x12 15/20/20

Skulls 7x12 50lb no grip fst-7 style
No grip means I just rest bar in palm of hand without gripping bar to force more tri emphasis

Ab circuit
Smith hip raises 135x25,225x25,275x22
Crunches 3x25
Heel touchers 3x25
Roller 3x12

Last couple of notes: normally I don't work within rest times between sets. I typically just go when I feel ready. However for the fst's u go every 30-45 seconds like clock work and I try to keep it as close to 30 as possible.

Last thing to note on fst is during that rest period you're stretching the muscle worked throughout

I knew my lifts wouldn't be netting any prs today and once I got that into my mind I was able to enjoy the workout. Psychologically it's tough at first though. But felt good after with a killer pump

Not sure if it's a side of the stack or just that of the gym but man I was sweating like a pig from the first set. Leaving absolutely soaked

FireTitan

FireTitan

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Day 2

Weight same at 175.

Woke up feeling really good, had my usual breakfast and pre workout meals and decided to hit arms today

Ideally I don't really like to do arms the day after a high volume back/chest day. I've found that I'm really good if I hit say biceps later in the same evening where I did back early in the day and same goes for chest am tris pm. However for some reason when I wait til the following day, usually the arm lifts aren't as fruitful.

I got thrown off a bit in terms of normal splits bc of the upcoming holiday. Typically I'll take Sunday off and start split again on Monday, with my Saturday workout being a shoulder ancillary day coupled with some calves and some volume sets of leg extensions and curls. However because gym is only open til 2 on Monday and I know myself, that it's kinda unrealistic that I'll get up early enough and enjoy fighting everyone else trying to cram their workout in on Monday I decided to use Monday as my off day.

So I had to get creative and just went with arms today and will do my typical Saturday workout tomorrow

As for the workout: warmup bar curl 45x10

Spider curl. 7 sets 10-12. Fst-7 style. 70/10,65/10/60/12,10/55/12,11,50/12

Ez curl 75x8,65x10,70x1"

Db hammer 40lbs x 8,9,8

Cable rope hammer 7x10-12 fst-7 style. 42.5/12,11 37.5 5x12

Reverse cable curl 3x12 22.5/27.5/32.5

Rope pushdown 7x12 fst-7 style. 37.5

Bench dips 25lb. 3x12

1 arm reverse grip pushdown 3x12 15/20/20

Skulls 7x12 50lb no grip fst-7 style
No grip means I just rest bar in palm of hand without gripping bar to force more tri emphasis

Ab circuit
Smith hip raises 135x25,225x25,275x22
Crunches 3x25
Heel touchers 3x25
Roller 3x12

Last couple of notes: normally I don't work within rest times between sets. I typically just go when I feel ready. However for the fst's u go every 30-45 seconds like clock work and I try to keep it as close to 30 as possible.

Last thing to note on fst is during that rest period you're stretching the muscle worked throughout

I knew my lifts wouldn't be netting any prs today and once I got that into my mind I was able to enjoy the workout. Psychologically it's tough at first though. But felt good after with a killer pump

Not sure if it's a side of the stack or just that of the gym but man I was sweating like a pig from the first set. Leaving absolutely soaked
Well done brother!!

bloodnthunder

bloodnthunder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Day 3
Weight 173. Weird in down two lbs. but I'm not concerned. My weight fluctuates like an sob. All I know is I feel good, I'm eating at 500-1000 above surplus and most important I'm very satisfied three days in with both lifts and the mirror. No sides whatsoever to report yet.

Typically I take Sunday's off. However the gyms only open til 2 tomorrow so I altered things up, as I know myself and getting there when the place will be jammed bc of limited hrs will aggravate the living hell out my me, so put together a little something for today.

Warm up 5 min steady pace on recumbent.

Leg extension 5x20 45 sec or so rest in between 100lbs

Seated leg curl. 5x20 30 sec or so rest. 120lbs

Lateral raise machine. 3x20 40,50,65 lbs

Standing side lateral raise. 3x12 35lbs. Drop on last set 20x7

35 for 12 is really good for me normally I get 1 out and have to drop for last two sets bc form gets funky but not today

Heavy lateral raise partials. For this move I go super heavy and flair out like you would for a trad lat raise but only do bottom portion. Any questions on this just ask

3x10 70lbs. On last set I run the rack 60,50,40,30,20. All at tens. As weight is lowered my range of motion increases then I did a full range lateral raise 10lb x15 reps. It feels like forty tho lol

Seated db rear delt fly 40lbs 3x12 drop on last set. 30x13

Rear flys on pec Dec. heavy partials similar to what I did above but I bring weight fully back for first rep then do rest of reps from top end. Again ?s just ask. 3x10 145,160,175. On last set I run drops. 160x6,145x7,130x8,115x10. Full range 55x20

Face pull 3x20 35,42.5,47.5

Bar shrug. 3x25 135

Rear shrug/behind back upright row. This is a cool move, can be a little tough on shoulders tho so Google it or ask ?s if u aren't sure what I'm talking about. 135lbs 3x15

Db overhead shrugs. 3x20 10,15,20

Seated calf raise. 45lb plate. Top portion, unracked, 30 reps then immediately full range x15 reps. Last two sets same except full range got 11 reps out

Horiz calf press. Ultra slow contractions. 3x20 210lbs

Calf press on glute machine. These r fun. They're single leg and really give calls a workout. 3x20 110,130,130

Top tracks of workout: in flames clayman, body counts cover of 99 problems and six feet unders cover of murders in the rue morgue

bloodnthunder

bloodnthunder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Day 4. Weight -174.2. Up a pound from yesterday.

As much as I hate them, today's going to b a rest day. Gym closes at 2 and my lazy butt just got up lol

Anyhow this week will b interesting. Typically I run 2-3 split sessions throughout the week but won't be able to this week. Have fantasy drafts on Tuesday and Wednesday and then going out of town for this reunion thing a bunch of us from college do every year. So I'll get my lifts in but not how I typically do it.

Might go for a walk later today but other than that just gonna sloth around the house

bloodnthunder

bloodnthunder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Day 5. 173. Back down to 173, but still not concerned as feel is great and strength is growing. Been eating at 500-1000 over as I did without kit. And while scale moved up pretty much everyday on its own then, this tells me that the kit is actually allowing for gains but fat is being burned simultaneously. Won't know for certain until I get another bf check but with strength increasing and feeling great if have to assume this. However if weight gain doesn't increase after I finish first week, I'm going to stay at or near 1000 surplus range and reasses

bloodnthunder

bloodnthunder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Day 5 lifting: chest

5 min jogging

Straight arm pulldown 35x71

Incline barbell warm up 95x12,120x10,135x5,180x3

Working. 165x6. 170x6,5.

The 180x3 and all the working sets are prs. Very happy with this

Barbell bench. 135x10. 185x6,5,4

185x4 was previous best so very happy with increased reps

Incline db bench. 75x 4,5,6. Lol. Did first two sets no spot then hit the six with a spot but didn't need it at all. Sometimes I think just having someone behind you is enough to mentally push you. 175x6 is a new 6 rep Pr

Dips. 25lb. 10,8,8

Crossover 40x4,35x6,30x12,25x16

Leverage decline press. 90x20,180x19,270x3

Top tracks: nails. Savage intolerance, arsis paint it black cover

Have a fantasy draft tonight but decided I'm going to superset triceps with the draft picks tonight lol

bloodnthunder

bloodnthunder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Went in for second session earlier tonight. Gym was way too crowded so didn't really hit things in the order I wanted to but got it in nevertheless

Incline skull. 60x12. 4x10. 65/70/75/80. 80 is new ten rep pr

Close grip. 135x10. 165x6, 175x6. 180x5. 170x6, 160x6, 140x7
180 is new 5 rep pr

1 arm overhead ext. 15x15,20x12,25x10

1 arm rev grip pushdown 10x15,15x12,20x10

Tri dips. 3x10. Just body weight

Hanging leg raises. 15,16,17 rep
An crunch machine. 3x20 90,95,100

Couldn't get on treadmills so did a few rounds of tabata. Kb swings, ice skaters and running in place

For those following along. I listed arsis as doing paint it black earlier. It was actually the agony scene.

Top tracks of tonight: I am of death by skeletonwitch, forced fed lies by battlecross, and arsis cover of sunglasses at night

bloodnthunder

bloodnthunder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Day 6. Weight 173.

I know I've discussed the trouble in having with scale weight before, but idk I ate 1200 surplus yesterday and still same. Feeling fantastic so not concerned.

Went to dr this am. Had my latest trt shot. This is the first since starting the kit, so very interested in seeing how I'm feeling in a cpl days or so when this dose gets fully integrated

Back day

Honestly i normally warm up with some bat wings and some straight arms but like a zombie I saw the empty rack and next thing I knew I was dead lifting lol

135x12,205x10,245x5,280x3

265 3x6. 255 was previous pr for 6 reps so very happy about that.

Bent over bb 185x6,190x6,165x11
185x6 was prev pr so happy I beat it

Rev grip bent over bb same as above except 12 reps on 165

Seated cable. 205 3x6 with drop on last set 140x10

Wide pd 180 3x6. These felt great. 175x6 was pr prior but to b honest depth wasn't perfect then. Not today. Super happy here

Straight arm. 35x15,50x15,65x10

I was done but saw this guy doing these high rows with the cables so I thought I'd give it a try. 50x10,35x15. Angle was awkward to me. But love trying new things so happy I tried

Top tracks. Keep your mouth shut by terror and she's still a bitc and so common, so cheap both by blood for blood

Going back this eve for bis and calves

bloodnthunder

bloodnthunder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Evening: biceps and calves

Bar curl. 45x12,65x10, 95x6,100x5,105x4,100x4,95x6

Incline db curl. 35x9, 40-2x7,35x8

Concentration 30x7,8,7

Db hammer. 45x8,50x6,45x8,40x9

Zottman curl 25-3x8

Reverse bar curl. 45. 3x12

Seated calf 90x12,10,9

Standing calf machine 230x10, 250x9,7 drop on last set 190x13

Just a quick workout. No records but right on par with prev bests and gotta say almost no tilt at all on those heavy bar curls so very happy about that

Top tracks. Baroness try to disappear. Dillenger escape plan-peancer

bloodnthunder

bloodnthunder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Day 7. Weight 174.

So up a pound from past cpl days, guess the added calories is helping, maybe 1200 surplus is sweet spot

Seated bb shoulder press. 45x12,95x12,115x6. 145-3x5, 115x11,95x12

Seated db shoulder press 50x13, 65x8,8,9

Side lateral raise 35x12,40x10,35x12

1 arm lateral raise 3x10. 50,55,50

Heavy partial lateral raise 3x10 70lbs

Rear delt fly. 40x15,45x12, 50/2x10

Face pull 4x12. 35,50,65x2

Db shrug. 70x20,45x30,30x40,20x60

Overhead db shrug 25x15,20x15,15x20

Bench dips bw 3x10

Bench leg raises with last rep a dragon flag 3x15

Rope crunch 3x20. 95,100,105

High pulley oblique bend 3x12 47.5 lbs.

New rep records on both presses and 1 arm side lateral raise

This workout was brutal. I've been splitting workouts into am pm splits a lot lately but bc I want to watch football game tonight I combined today and man 2 hrs is something I don't enjoy doing anymore. 1.25 hrs twice a day is so so much better

Top tracks: really no individual songs to list just a ton of acacia strain and thy art is murder today

RugbyBaller91

RugbyBaller91

Awards
Day 7. Weight 174.

So up a pound from past cpl days, guess the added calories is helping, maybe 1200 surplus is sweet spot

Seated bb shoulder press. 45x12,95x12,115x6. 145-3x5, 115x11,95x12

Seated db shoulder press 50x13, 65x8,8,9

Side lateral raise 35x12,40x10,35x12

1 arm lateral raise 3x10. 50,55,50

Heavy partial lateral raise 3x10 70lbs

Rear delt fly. 40x15,45x12, 50/2x10

Face pull 4x12. 35,50,65x2

Db shrug. 70x20,45x30,30x40,20x60

Overhead db shrug 25x15,20x15,15x20

Bench dips bw 3x10

Bench leg raises with last rep a dragon flag 3x15

Rope crunch 3x20. 95,100,105

High pulley oblique bend 3x12 47.5 lbs.

New rep records on both presses and 1 arm side lateral raise

This workout was brutal. I've been splitting workouts into am pm splits a lot lately but bc I want to watch football game tonight I combined today and man 2 hrs is something I don't enjoy doing anymore. 1.25 hrs twice a day is so so much better

Top tracks: really no individual songs to list just a ton of acacia strain and thy art is murder today
Congrats on the records I think Carolina is gunna destroy them

bloodnthunder

bloodnthunder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I hope so

bloodnthunder

bloodnthunder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Day 8. 174.

So one week in down one pound from start. This kit really forces you to eat big, I've learned that so far. As it seems to maximize caloric usage very well. I haven't done another bf check but with the lifts going great and everything else I'm gonna assume at this point that bf had to have dropped from last week

As for today. One of those days. Irrational as all heck too. But even tho mirror doesn't show it whatsoever I'm feeling like a blob this morning, very sluggish right now too. This happens sometimes and typically once I get the warm up going in the gym I'll feel better.

It's legs today so hoping I can hit 315 for 3-4 and then working sets of 285-290 for 5-6 all would be prs so that's the goal of the day

For front I'm hoping to bump my pr from 205x7 to 210 so we'll see

Update later

bloodnthunder

bloodnthunder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Felt like garbage all day. Sluggish as ever. But got to the gym and am very pleased.

Warmed up with abduction/adduction ss 100lbs x30, slow reps

Squat. 45x10, pausing for each rep, just trying to get something going.
135x12,185x10,235x5. These were warm ups as well. Felt good so went ahead with working sets
275x6. Previous 6 rep pr. It felt really easy so went 285x6. Again Felt good and def had a cpl more in the tank so went 295x6. Last rep was pretty hard.

But seeing I hit the six and felt good I thought I'd go for 315. Got a spotter just in case. Hit 3 solid myself, went for the fourth and couldn't get up on my own so spotter was a great idea.

I never did 315 even once at full depth until today. So super stoked

Front squat 135x10,195x8, 210x6,2,4. Kinda messed up here. I hit the six on my own but wanted to go seven so grabbed a dude to spot me but guy goes and grabs side of bar and messed whole lift up. Then I went on own and only got 4. Got 205x7 last week, so not sure if 210x6 is a pr or not

Rdl. 135-2x12. 225x8, 235-2x6. New pr

At this point I was done. But went and did leg press,calf press ss. 180x30,270x25,360x25 for both

Seated calf. 50x20,60x19,70x10

So going away to a cabin in the woods all weekend so wanted to get an extra biceps work in so I kept with 2 times per week.

Ez curl 40x20,50x15,60x12
Ez preacher 45. 3x15
One arn overhead curl 2x15. 10/15
Db hammer 25x18,30x15

Top tracks: played meshuggah all afternoon

bloodnthunder

bloodnthunder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
went away for the weekend and did absolutely nothing except eat like a degenerate. Weighed 174 when I left and weighed in at 184 this afternoon when I got back home. Granted I had eaten already, but still.. Feel like a total blob right now and can't wait to get back to the gym tomorrow. Definitely adding cardio in this week

bloodnthunder

bloodnthunder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
quick primer for tomorrow: gonna hit chest, try to put these extra pounds to good use lol also doing tris, abs and again, definitely gonna finish it off with some cardio.

bloodnthunder

bloodnthunder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Day 11 179lbs

So dropped 5 of those 10 lbs I gained over weekend. Prob water weight. Anyhow normally I split this day into two sessions but the weekend really messed up my system and I woke up late and then Lagged around for awhile so not getting two sessions in.

Straight arn pulldown 30x50

Incline bb. 95x12,125x10, 145x5, 185x3. 175x6,6,5

The 6 reps is a new high for me at this weight

Bb bench. 135x12,190x5,185x5,6,135x12

The 5 reps at 190 is a new high

Db incline 80x5,5,4

Incline db fly. 35x12,40x12,45x10

Dips bwx12,25lbs 2x8

Close grip bench 135x8,155x4,5,135x9

This is exactly why I do split sessions. These numbers are atrocities, just had nothing to give

Rope pushdown 57.5x5, 42.5x12,50x8

Again lower than what I wanted but better than the close grip

Overall despite the cpl of prs I wasn't happy with this day. Felt like garbage entire session and had to take much more time in between sets than I'm used to needing. I had high expectations bc of the extra carbs from the weekend but feeling sick will derail things quickly. Bc of sick feeling I skipped out abs and had no interest in doing any cardio at all. Need to get that going though

RugbyBaller91

RugbyBaller91

Awards
Dude you are knocking pr after or out of the park great number your defiantly kickin ass bro

bloodnthunder

bloodnthunder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Day 12. Weight 177

So the weight from the weekend is tapering back down like it usually does, so I think I can start thinking gains going forward as real.

Warm up
Bat wings. 4x5 30lbs
Rope straight arm pulldown 4x10 35 lbs

Deads 135x12,185x10,245x5,285x3
270 3x6

Only a five pound increase but new 6 rep high

Bent over row. Can I just say that I love,love,love these so much

Regular grip. 195x5,6. 165x11,135x12

Reverse grip. 195. 2x6. 165x11,135x13

New 6 rep highs. Going for 200 next week

Seated 210 3x6 new 6 rep high

Wide pulldown 185 3x6. New 6 rep high
Reverse grip pulldown 185x6,6,7. New 7 rep high

Not too many days where you pr on every lift, so very happy about this

Going back tonight for biceps, calves and cardio

Top tracks. Rainbow since u been gone. Kill switch engage hate by design

bloodnthunder

bloodnthunder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Pm workout. Biceps calves cardio

This workout felt great. Again every lift hit new highs. I'm just gonna frame this day bc I've never had a day where I hit highs on every lift.

Bar curl. 2 x 12 45,65. 100x6,105x5,100x6,95x7,85x9

Lol. This guy came up to me and said dude you're doing it all wrong, man ain't meant to curl that much weight lol. I just said thanks for the tip and put my headphones back on.

Db preacher. 35x10,40x8,45x6

Db hammer 50x10,45x11,40x15

Zottman curl 25x9,30x7,35x5,20x12

Reverse cable curl. 50x10,57.5x9,10. 35x12

Seated calf. 100x10,75x11,50x16

Standing calf machine 270x7,250x9,230x12

20 minute inclined treadmill walk

Top tracks: buddy made me a hardcore mix, some really good stuff, didn't recognize any particular songs but worked well for the session

bloodnthunder

bloodnthunder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Day 13. Weight 177. No change

Ok today is an enigma. The entire session felt terrible. I just wasn't feeling it at all. My lifts felt off, my right shoulder felt like garbage, felt some movement during db presses and kept wanting to say I'm done and leave. But I stayed and finished.

The weird thing though is that after I finished I entered my numbers and turns out I actually hit new highs on a couple lifts. It's weird bc I almost always know when I do. You know you feel it you feel great. Not today though.

Warm up.
Face pull 30x20
Hang clean 2x12, 45,65
Military. 2x10 45,65

Hang clean press 3x6 95,115,125 2x4 135

Db shoulder press. 2x10 50,60. 70x7

Side lateral raise 35x10,40.-2x8

Rear delt fly. 40x13, 50x10,11

Seated front raise 25x8,8,10

Db shrug. 3x15 70lbs

Shrug on calf raise machine. 4x10 60,120,200,240

Top tracks: hatebreed destroy everything, let it go metal cover, six feet under zombie blood curse

Going back later tonight for tris and abs

RugbyBaller91

RugbyBaller91

Awards
You have some great workouts bro curious what are bat wings?

bloodnthunder

bloodnthunder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Thanks. Bat wings are an awesome warm up. It can be used as a regular lift but preferably use it for warm ups.

It targets primarily the rhomboids, one of the only pure rhomboidal exercises that I know of. Sure u get work on other lifts but this targets it

You can do either on a flat bench or a slight incline. I use the latter if possible

Grab a lite weight. Lay face down on the bench. Pick the weights up and raise them up as high as u can. Imagine trying to get your thumbs into your armpits. As you get the weight up there, push shoulders backward. Imagine trying to put your shoulders into your back pockets. And squeeze for a count where u feel the strain. Shouldn't take long.

Lower the weights slowly. But don't bring to floor. About 1/2-3/4 way down and repeat motion.

I pretty much stick to the 30-35 range. Started out doing 20s and it's taken forever getting to new range. Again I use as warm up though, and can be done on either shoulder or back day but I feel it really helps open up the upper back trap region which is super helpful for when your deading

bloodnthunder

bloodnthunder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Pm workout

This one felt great as opposed to this am

Close-grip bench. Typically I don't go heavy on this twice in a week but doing it on Monday right after chest pissed me off with what little weight I pushed.

135x12, 155x10,165x8,175x6,185x6,195x6

Big difference. In fact the 195x6 beats my best regular bench lol

Skulls 3x10 60lbs. Kinda easy but it was highest bar I could get

V-bar pushdown 3x10 50,60,70

Reverse grip pushdown 3x10 50,60,60

Rope crunch 70x30,85x25,100x20

Smith hip raises. 2x30 135,185. 225x25

Ab roller 3x12

20 minute incline treadmil walk

Top tracks: a lot of Jay-z tonight. Pretty much entire night. Cpl ice t and ice cube tracks mixed in too. Felt like something different tonight

A couple quick updates on feeling. Overall feeling great on kit, aggression rising at times in gym, thankfully not out of it, and with second week almost done no sides to report

Alpha1a

Alpha1a

Awards
  • Established
Great workouts bro! Enjoying your log . Putting the music in is awesome hahao

bloodnthunder

bloodnthunder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Thanks man, not quite the party u got going over there, with videos, food and nudes but I try lol

Alpha1a

Alpha1a

Awards
  • Established
Thanks man, not quite the party u got going over there, with videos, food and nudes but I try lol
Good solid workouts, with great info is the important part thou! Haha and glad your seeing great results in the strength department , ever looked into epi andro? On my last run I threw it in for the last 4 weeks and it was awesome for strength too homie.

RugbyBaller91

RugbyBaller91

Awards
Thanks. Bat wings are an awesome warm up. It can be used as a regular lift but preferably use it for warm ups.

It targets primarily the rhomboids, one of the only pure rhomboidal exercises that I know of. Sure u get work on other lifts but this targets it

You can do either on a flat bench or a slight incline. I use the latter if possible

Grab a lite weight. Lay face down on the bench. Pick the weights up and raise them up as high as u can. Imagine trying to get your thumbs into your armpits. As you get the weight up there, push shoulders backward. Imagine trying to put your shoulders into your back pockets. And squeeze for a count where u feel the strain. Shouldn't take long.

Lower the weights slowly. But don't bring to floor. About 1/2-3/4 way down and repeat motion.

I pretty much stick to the 30-35 range. Started out doing 20s and it's taken forever getting to new range. Again I use as warm up though, and can be done on either shoulder or back day but I feel it really helps open up the upper back trap region which is super helpful for when your deading
Ohhhh ok I'm trying to imagine this so is like almost as if you were imitating a chicken faced down lol?

bloodnthunder

bloodnthunder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Good solid workouts, with great info is the important part thou! Haha and glad your seeing great results in the strength department , ever looked into epi andro? On my last run I threw it in for the last 4 weeks and it was awesome for strength too homie.
Hmm. Might toss that in. Thanks bro

bloodnthunder

bloodnthunder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Ohhhh ok I'm trying to imagine this so is like almost as if you were imitating a chicken faced down lol?
Lol. I guess it could look like that. Supposed to look like a bat but chicken works

bloodnthunder

bloodnthunder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Got legs later. Not gonna split quads and hams into two sessions. Disappointing how things have worked out past few weeks,haven't been able to do that bc of things planned at night on leg day. Tonight it's the bills game, which I should prob skip for my own sanity but nah

Oh and on a side note, I'm so sick of eggs. I need to change my protein source for breakfast

bloodnthunder

bloodnthunder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Day 14. Weight same at 177

Looked in mirror today and overall thicker, abs losing pop though but thicker for sure. Will try to get some new pics up soon seeing half the run is over.

Abduction/adduction warm up ss. 100x30

Squat. 45x12. Real slow with pauses.

135x12,185x10,225x8,275x6,315x5,325-2x4,315x5, 300-2x6

I spent way too long squatting today. Was in a groove and just kept going. Crushed my bests for 4,5 reps and bumped 6reps up slightly as well

Front squat 3x7 135,185,210. One extra rep at 210

Was shot after this so basically nailed it in after that

Rdl 3x15 135
Standing bar calf raises 4x25 135
Changed foot angles. Forward, out, in, forward

Calf press machine, not leg press. 380x8,8. 370x10

Top tracks: lots of "punk" today. Me first and the gimme gimmes, nofx, lagwagon and drop kick murphys were the highlights