Xtend Perform one month run

ryane87

ryane87

Awards
  • Established
Alright gentlemen. You already knows my backstory from my AlphaMax XT log I had ti.cut short due to elbow issues. So I have been sitting on a tub of Xtend Perform. I started it last week and wanted to let some time elapse before I started getting into this log. I will do the best I can to do this product justice.

I am using exactly as I would if I had bought it so I can know it would work for me. I was sent blacj cherry. Fckin delicious. I even had a serving on Saturday when I was looking for something to drink other than water. Mixes outstanding as well. Very few, if any, granules. Delicious and mixes super well.

Performance: Even though I am taking in no calories during my morning sessions, my energy is very good. I carb cycled a few years back and I dreaded training on a low carb day. I am certainl this would make low-carb days go much more smoothly. I can't comment on real PRs in my training because life makes it all over the place, but I have felt no loss of energy or strength thus far. So I am looking forward to seeing where this goes the rest of my time

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Thanks for getting this up for us.. 1Fast400 and I look forward to your feedback.

How does the product mix?
how would you rate it compared to other intra-workouts you have had before.

Could you post some of your workouts?
Could you go into detail what you are noticing?
It has been a full week.. what have you noticed as far as performance, endurnace, recovery goes?
Have you changed anything since starting the perform? Less rest? Increased weight? Better energy? Less DOMS

All of that is crucial for us big man! keep us informed and detailed in your run!

dbl38

Awards
  • Established
I should have this on the porch when I get home and was wondering about it myself?

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I should have this on the porch when I get home and was wondering about it myself?
Fill us in on your updates, feedback, and information you get out of xtend perform man!!!

ryane87

ryane87

Awards
  • Established
Today was back. I count sets except on pullups, where I work to a certain number. I started doing 90 degree angle rows in an attempt to improve my lower and middle traps. They are a bit stressful because I have lower back issues. So this week went as follows: 175x7, 180x7, 185x6 and then one more set at 155 with a 2 second pause at the top. I got 7 reps and stopped the set when I couldn't keep the bar against my body

Behind the neck pullups: BW+10 lb dumbbell- 7+3, 5+2, 4. BW only set of 5

Pullups to front- BW+10lb dumbbell 5+3, BW 4+3, 4

Close-grip pullup- BW 5+3, 4+2

One arm barbell row: 75x8, 80x7, 85x6, 50x 8 with 2 second peak contraction hold each

Straight arm lat pulldowns: 3x12

Face pulls: 47.5 lbs 3x15 2 sec hold each rep

BB row went up in weight, I got more pullups in within each set than last week.

I am feeling stronger through the whole session and am getting stronger with no cals at all pre w/o.

Doms is still present, but I like to think that is a good thing because it means the product is letting me push a bit harder

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Ever get your photbucket/imgur to work?

Love to hear your feedback on these points:

how would you rate it compared to other intra-workouts you have had before? Since it has been a week already just curious on your overall thoughts, improvements, and feedback you have

Have you changed anything since starting the perform? Less rest? Increased weight? Better energy? Less DOMS?

How are you dosing? 1 Pre and 1 intra? If not that would be the best bang for your buck dosing. Seems to be that way tho.

ryane87

ryane87

Awards
  • Established
Ever get your photbucket/imgur to work?

Love to hear your feedback on these points:

how would you rate it compared to other intra-workouts you have had before? Since it has been a week already just curious on your overall thoughts, improvements, and feedback you have

Have you changed anything since starting the perform? Less rest? Increased weight? Better energy? Less DOMS?

How are you dosing? 1 Pre and 1 intra? If not that would be the best bang for your buck dosing. Seems to be that way tho.
Dosing-wise I am doing 1 pre and 1 intra as I was told this would be best.

Comparing to other intras, I've used a few sample packs of Purple Wraath. I think it is better. The only one I have used as far as a tub is the original Xtend, and it is way ahead of that.

As I alluded to earlier, I am definitely feeling strong even though I am taking in no cals. I feel like I can push a little harder each session. I feel as strong as as I can feel on a non-hormonal product. Where I think it is helping the most is the days where I am pressed for time but can still generate a strong workout in a half hour or so

ryane87

ryane87

Awards
  • Established
I think the Xtend Perform is better than Purple Wraath. I just realized how that sentence could come off

ryane87

ryane87

Awards
  • Established
A little update. I kept my weight on all week. Normally by the end of the week I am down about 3 lbs. The only difference is Xtend Perform.

I trained shoulders and tris yesterday. I have been working on my strict military press. My normal shoulder press for as long as I can remember was right at or just below my chin. I have decided it is time to see if I can get better development by coming all the way down to my collarbone

125x7, 130x6, 135x5, 4. Then a set at 100 with a 2 second pause at the bottom for a set of 8. The rest of the workout was seated laterals 25x8, 8, and a drop set of 25 x 7, 20 x 6, and 15 x 6. Arnold presses 3x8 at 40. Seated dumbbell shrugs 90x8 for 3 sets with a 2 second pause at the top.

Tris weren't anything to write home about because of lack of time. Overall, as I said earlier, I am feeling strong. Really enjoying this product so far.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Just getting started too and feeling stronger.
How is the performance and endurance aspect shining on your routine as you are starting the perform? Really seeing some big changes or strides?

ryane87

ryane87

Awards
  • Established
Endurance is good, although I haven't had an opportunity to really test it on a longer workout. But the better recovery has allowed me to not lose much strength between shorter rest period lifts

ryane87

ryane87

Awards
  • Established
Update time! My third week in with Xtend Perform. Monday wasn't what I was hoping as hip and knee pain killed my quad focused day.

This morning was chest and even though I have not been getting the sleep I should, I managed to squeeze out a couple of more reps on my compound movements. Also, I had to reduce my workout time because I got to bed late. Yet, on my strength building sets, with less rest, I maintained strength

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Can you give us some more frequent updates?
how is your recovery on a day to day basis?
how is the change in recovery during your workout?
What have you noticed performance and endurance wise from week to week?
What major changes are you seeing in your training since throwing in xtend perform?
What are the biggest chances you have seen since the start till now?

Would love to see some workouts and write ups big man!

ryane87

ryane87

Awards
  • Established
Update....today was back. I followed the same thing I did for last Wednesday except I managed to squeeze out 3 more total reps in the same amount of sets. Progress! Also, on my 90 degree bent over rows, I went from 175 for 7 to 180 for 7 and 2 sets of 185 @ 6 then 5 reps. I think next week on my last week I will move up to sets of 185 and 190. In 40 minutes I got 152 quality reps in, so I was happy in my limited amount of time today

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
What major changes are you seeing in your training since throwing in xtend perform?

Hey Ry, can you chime in on any of these please bud? Would be greatly appreciated!
Keep up the great work!

lifted67

lifted67

Awards
  • Established
Xtend perform is ligit, use it every legs day and soccer night!

ryane87

ryane87

Awards
  • Established
Back squats: 235x7, 245x6, and 255x5. Then 190x13. On a sidenote, I am dealing with bad hip and knee pain on my right side. Bottom of my hip joint is tender to the touch. I had robbed me of "pop", strength, and confidence. I was working in the 275 to 295 range. So if anyone watching has any ideas, I am ears. I have very long legs and a short torso if that is helpful.

Leg press: 5 plates each side x12, 6 plates x12, + 25s to that by 12, 7 plates by 10, and 4 plates eacg side for 32 reps

Single leg squat on smith machine: 70x8 and 8

Single leg leg extension: 60x12 and 12

Barbell hack squat: 135x10 and 10

Ran out of time and only took about 45 secs of rest between these.

3 sets of calf raises to finish

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer

Ry could you help me out here with some feedback? would be greatly appreciated for the company and what YOU are getting out of Xtend Perform!
keep kicking ass man.

ryane87

ryane87

Awards
  • Established
The biggest thing I can say I am most impressed about is I am putting on a clean pound a week even though I am training 100% fasted. I am full of energy, my strength is making a slow climb upward, my body composition is better.

This product is outstanding. While I still have other products to try, it would have to be an exceptional product to beat what this does

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Thats what i am looking for right there!
A small write up after each workout about what you felt, changes in performance, added reps or weight. all that would be key!
We want to gauge how adding this in makes a drastic change on your training and performance.
Keep rocking it man.

ryane87

ryane87

Awards
  • Established
Xtend perform is ligit, use it every legs day and soccer night!
True that. I have really enjoyed this product and I am disappointed this is my final week

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
True that. I have really enjoyed this product and I am disappointed this is my final week
Order up at NutraPlanet for labor day
"Anabolic Minds" in comment section. Wait till you see the deals. NutraPlanet15 and I got some wicked things in the works.

ryane87

ryane87

Awards
  • Established
Chest day today...

Incline Barbell Press: 170x6, 175x4, 175x2x2, 155x10. I was feeling stronger than I thought and left reps in both the 1st and 2nd set. I will get those reps next week

Extra wide barbell bench press: 2 sec pause at the bottom of each rep 165x3 for 3 sets

Reverse Grip Bench Press: 145x6, 155x6, 165x6, 175x4. Left a rep or 2 on last set

Chest dips: 15, 8, 8. The last 2 sets had 2second pauses at the bottom of each rep.

ryane87

ryane87

Awards
  • Established
Still feeling really strong on this product. Able to up intensity and get stronger with no loss in energy. Again, I would highly, HIGHLY recommend for the fasted trainer or anyone taking in products like this during your workout

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Could not agree more
I am down 20+ pound and still performing to the best of my ability
Keep pumping it out amigo

ryane87

ryane87

Awards
  • Established
 Ryane87

Forum
Training Forums
Training Forum
Workout Logs
ryane87s ride to awesomeness
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3123
ryane87s ride to awesomeness
Administrative
Search Thread
Rate This Thread
08-29-2016, 10:01 PM #61
ryane87 
Advanced Member
Achievements

Originally Posted by bighulksmash 
Access to the machine?
Hell no....my right knee and hip. In my post.....haha
 Edit Post  Reply  Quote 
Liked this post:
bighulksmash

08-29-2016, 10:18 PM #62
bighulksmash 
Diamond Member
Achievements

**** this im out hgp showin his true colors
Like Rep  Reply  Quote 
Liked this post:
hairygrandpa
08-29-2016, 10:56 PM #63
HIT4ME 
Achievements

Originally Posted by ryane87 
First actual workout entry. I am trying to get both bigger and stronger. The wife and I were talking and she was like "yeah you were huge before we moved to Texas" she wasn't being mean and was asking how she could help because she knows what I am trying to do. I did weigh a shade over 200 before we moved.

Morning weigh in at the gym was 190 with no shoes. Today was quad focused.

Back squats: 235x7, 245x6, and 255x5. Then 190x13. On a sidenote, I am dealing with bad hip and knee pain on my right side. Bottom of my hip joint is tender to the touch. I had robbed me of "pop", strength, and confidence. I was working in the 275 to 295 range. So if anyone watching has any ideas, I am ears. I have very long legs and a short torso if that is helpful.

Leg press: 5 plates each side x12, 6 plates x12, + 25s to that by 12, 7 plates by 10, and 4 plates eacg side for 32 reps

Lighten the load. Squat for 3 sets every other day. Go light and don't push it. It fixes so many issues. But if you have a hurt hip, heavy squats can aggravate it more than anything. Putting the ego aside, going light and adding 10 pounds every other day so you are back to that 250 range in 2 or 3 weeks ...that is what you wanna do.
Like Rep  Reply  Quote 
3 Users liked this post:
bighulksmash,hairygrandpa,Tank999
08-29-2016, 11:23 PM #64
bighulksmash 
Diamond Member
Achievements

Originally Posted by HIT4ME 
Lighten the load. Squat for 3 sets every other day. Go light and don't push it. It fixes so many issues. But if you have a hurt hip, heavy squats can aggravate it more than anything. Putting the ego aside, going light and adding 10 pounds every other day so you are back to that 250 range in 2 or 3 weeks ...that is what you wanna do.
Yeah baby , lightweight, yeah buddy ,
Like Rep  Reply  Quote 
2 Users liked this post:
HIT4ME,Tank999
08-29-2016, 11:36 PM #65
FireTitan 
Professional Member
Achievements

No one wants to hear ^^this^^, cause its a truth bomb!! Let the weight come down, and build it back up properly, itll help you tremendously in the long run
Like Rep  Reply  Quote 
3 Users liked this post:
Brandinooooo,hairygrandpa,HIT4ME

Yesterday, 05:16 AM #66
ryane87 
Advanced Member
Achievements

Well sh*t.....this will be the 2nd time this year I did that. Always around the same weight. 285....I dropped down to 225 earlier in the year and it was flying again. This time around, though, it is hurting even with light weight.
 Edit Post  Reply  Quote 
Yesterday, 05:19 AM #67
ryane87 
Advanced Member
Achievements

Originally Posted by FireTitan 
No one wants to hear ^^this^^, cause its a truth bomb!! Let the weight come down, and build it back up properly, itll help you tremendously in the long run
I did that earlier this year....right around the same weight. I went through this whole process earlier and now it hurts with light weight. I don't mind at all taking weight off the bar, but this is the second time I've had trouble so I think something different may be necessary
 Edit Post  Reply  Quote 
Yesterday, 05:24 AM #68
FireTitan 
Professional Member
Achievements

I did that earlier this year....right around the same weight. I went through this whole process earlier and now it hurts with light weight. I don't mind at all taking weight off the bar, but this is the second time I've had trouble so I think something different may be necessary
Other than a Doctor, Id say video the lifts and post it, someone here might find even the slightest of flaws in form that could be the culprit.
Like Rep  Reply  Quote 
Liked this post:
lifted67
Yesterday, 05:44 AM #69
ryane87 
Advanced Member
Achievements

Other than a Doctor, Id say video the lifts and post it, someone here might find even the slightest of flaws in form that could be the culprit.
I was thinking about that as well
 Edit Post  Reply  Quote 
Yesterday, 05:48 AM #70
FireTitan 
Professional Member
Achievements

I was thinking about that as well
I didn't have any pain, but a quick video posted fixed my form in shoulder press, and I jumped 60lbs in that lift within like 2-3 weeks.
Rep  Reply  Quote 
Remove Your Thanks
2 Users liked this post:
lifted67,ryane87
Yesterday, 06:14 AM #71
lifted67 
Achievements

I didn't have any pain, but a quick video posted fixed my form in shoulder press, and I jumped 60lbs in that lift within like 2-3 weeks.
Most forget to drive through heels straight into the core and out through the hands, visualize the energy transfer and you'll add mad weight to presses.
Rep  Reply  Quote 
Remove Your Thanks
Liked this post:
ryane87
Yesterday, 09:13 AM #72
FireTitan 
Professional Member
Achievements

Originally Posted by lifted67 
Most forget to drive through heels straight into the core and out through the hands, visualize the energy transfer and you'll add mad weight to presses.
Yep, thats the one!! Still more appreciated than you know
Rep  Reply  Quote 
Remove Your Thanks
2 Users liked this post:
bighulksmash,ryane87
Yesterday, 12:43 PM #73
ryane87 
Advanced Member
Achievements

Chest today. Started with....

Incline Barbell Press: 170x6, 175x4, 175x2x2, 155x10. I was feeling stronger than I thought and left reps in both the 1st and 2nd set. I will get those reps next week

Extra wide barbell bench press: 2 sec pause at the bottom of each rep 165x3 for 3 sets

Reverse Grip Bench Press: 145x6, 155x6, 165x6, 175x4. Left a rep or 2 on last set

Chest dips: 15, 8, 8. The last 2 sets had 2second pauses at the bottom of each rep. Will look to get more next week 
 Edit Post  Reply  Quote 
2 Users liked this post:
SFreed,Tank999
Yesterday, 12:44 PM #74
ryane87 
Advanced Member
Achievements

Isolated the pain in my hip to actually just below the joint. Soft tissue. A good foam rolling?
 Edit Post  Reply  Quote 
Yesterday, 03:48 PM #75
hairygrandpa 
Professional Member
Achievements

Isolated the pain in my hip to actually just below the joint. Soft tissue. A good foam rolling?
I would ice it and rest first.
Like Rep  Reply  Quote 
Yesterday, 03:50 PM #76
FireTitan 
Professional Member
Achievements

Originally Posted by hairygrandpa 
^^ this^^ first!!
Like Rep  Reply  Quote 
Yesterday, 05:20 PM #77
ryane87 
Advanced Member
Achievements

Originally Posted by hairygrandpa 
If pulling movements don't bother my hip, are they ok?
 Edit Post  Reply  Quote 
Liked this post:
bighulksmash
Yesterday, 05:21 PM #78
bighulksmash 
Diamond Member
Achievements

as long as your hip isn't the fulcrum point I think its fine !
If pulling movements don't bother my hip, are they ok?
Like Rep  Reply  Quote 
Liked this post:
hairygrandpa
Yesterday, 05:23 PM #79
ryane87 
Advanced Member
Achievements

Originally Posted by bighulksmash 
as long as your hip isn't the fulcrum point I think its fine !
I can do deads, RDLs, good mornings all with no problem
 Edit Post  Reply  Quote 
Liked this post:
bighulksmash
Yesterday, 05:30 PM #80
bighulksmash 
Diamond Member
Achievements

I can do deads, RDLs, good mornings all with no problem
Just be easy on it. Til its 100%
Rep  Reply  Quote 
Remove Your Thanks
2 Users liked this post:
hairygrandpa,ryane87
Today, 12:47 PM #81
ryane87 
Advanced Member
Achievements

Back session today...

90° bent over barbell rows: 185x7, 190x5, 190x5, 155x7 w/2 second pause at the top of rep. Felt nice and strong even though I forgot that my wife had my earphones. No music made me sad  lol

Pull up sets: there are 2 places in my gym to do pull ups. In the power rack and at cable station. I favor the power rack because it is taller. Unfortunately, it was being used. To make it worse, some @sshat managed to take up the entire rack with his dumb sht. I made the best out of the situation. I don't like the bar that is there on the cable rack. Too thick and awkward. Makes my shoulders do weird sounds.

Behind-the-neck pull ups + 10 lbs 8+2, 4+1, 4, 3 BW 4 more

Regular pull ups + 10lbs: 4+2, 4 BW 5+2, 5

Neutral grip pull ups: 4+3, 4+3

As I had to wait longer than I wanted, I had to finish before I wanted to with one arm barbell row/ close grip pulldown for 2 sets of 10 reps each exercise

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Ryan could you type up a 2-3 sentence final review on your thoughts of the product?? Would love to see your honest feedback summarized in a few sentences.

ryane87

ryane87

Awards
  • Established
Thank you fellas. I tried. It sometimes didn't go to plan.

ryane87

ryane87

Awards
  • Established
I tried to erase that damn accidental giant post thing. Otherwise, you can see through the log that my weights went up during the duration of the log. I felt like I put in a lot of work when I could and just didn't get tired. I put on about 3 clean pounds with no changes except this product pre and during. By far and away way more effective than simple BCAAs, I highly, HIGHLY recommend to anyone that trains fasted or anyone who wants to try. You won't miss a beat with this product. The taste is fantastic magic and the mixability is unmatched. Thank you again The Solution and 1Fast400

I really wish I would have been in a period to have been able to put more work in

lifted67

lifted67

Awards
  • Established

Try sitting deep in the hole with 135 on the bar as part of warm up and then some intense foam rolling on hamstrings and hip flexors. Then high kicks and walking lunges, once you feel flexible and warmed up start adding plates on again.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Hey man
You gave it your 100% , and that is all that matters. The results are there given your caloric intake and goal at the moment. Glad you are a believer in Perform!

ryane87

ryane87

Awards
  • Established
feel flexible and warmed up start adding plates on again.[/QUOTE]

I have seen mixed thoughts on foam rolling before lifting. I do DeFrancos Agile 8 before lower body days minus the rolling. Out of curiosity, my right side (pain side) is a 1/4 of an inch longer than my left. Been like that my whole life. I think it is why my left butt cheek knots up so intensely. Where the bone is lifted67

lifted67

lifted67

Awards
  • Established
Your hips may be out of alignment so the muscle tries to make up the imbalance and ends up fatiguing itself more on one side during your work outs. I have scoliosis and there is a visible difference in muscle density on the side the curve is on because one side tries to make up for the other.

Look at the right side in this picture, completely dominates the left when my spine curves over.

I see a chiropractor whenever performance dips and he'll get me loosened up and mobile again.

FireTitan

FireTitan

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Your hips may be out of alignment so the muscle tries to make up the imbalance and ends up fatiguing itself more on one side during your work outs. I have scoliosis and there is a visible difference in muscle density on the side the curve is on because one side tries to make up for the other.

Look at the right side in this picture, completely dominates the left when my spine curves over.

I see a chiropractor whenever performance dips and he'll get me loosened up and mobile again.
Just an excuse to show off your back bro! Damnit son

lifted67

lifted67

Awards
  • Established
ryane87

ryane87

Awards
  • Established

I would agree about out of alignment. My right leg measures out from the bottom of my foot to the top of my knee a 1/4 of an inch longer.

lifted67

lifted67

Awards
  • Established
That'd do it. A chiropractor might me able to help you find a way to keep it even during lifts.