Becoming Spartan with Andromax *sponsored*

blueline438

blueline438

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
First off a huge shout out to yates84 and Sparta nutrition for giving me this huge opportunity to log Andromax. I have been blessed with two bottles of this Spartan creating supplement and I'm going to enjoy it.

A little background:
I've been lifting for over a decade now and only this past year have I've been reaching numbers I could only dream of. On April 30th I broke my hand (evolsion fracture on 3rd metacarpal) and was cut off from lifting for weeks. On July 1 my cast was removed and I could start lifting again. I've lost nearly all mobility in my right wrist and nearly all of my strength in my right hand. During my off time I lost around 10 lbs of muscle and put on fat around my stomach. I've started lifting slowly to regain some strength and I'm getting to the point where I can actually lift pretty hard. Although I'm not completely healed I'm feeling pretty good about myself and I'm ready to grow.

Goals:
I am no where near as strong as I once was and it will be a long long time before I'm back to that point. So many goals for the next eight weeks is to get as strong as possible. I'd like to put on a solid 10-15 lbs and to relocate this fat around my stomach.

Supps:
I will be dosing 5 Andromax daily. 2pwo and 3 spaced evenly. I will also be taking Sparta shield for support. 5-10 grams creatine and a whole ton of protein. Pwo right now is c4. That will change but I'm not sure what yet.
My pct right now is form xt from lg science and formadrol. I have some clomid on hand if I will need it.

I think that covers the basics. Let's get it started.

Final review post # 378 and here on 9-17-18

Final Review:

I am one of those guys who will try anything once and I could not be more glad that I was given the opportunity to try Andromax. I had simple goals for this cycle: gain weight, get stronger, get bigger, look awesome, (you get the idea.) my goals I would say are completed. I started this project weighing in somewhere around 175. I did not gain a ton of weight, due to my diet of not eating enough, but I did have some fluctuation on a day today basis. I got up to around 184 and today I'm around 180. A good, very solid five pounds. Everything I gained was lean and dry. No puffiness. Just solid muscle.
I wanted to get stronger. Check. I increased all of my lifts and the rest time and recovery were ridiculous. My hand is getting stronger which is great and overall I'm getting back to where I used to be.
I feel like I grew in size as well. My shirts are starting to fit properly and my pants are getting smaller again in the legs. Exactly how it should be.

The goals on the bottle were simple. The bottle states, alpha male aggressiveness, lean muscle mass, hardening agent. Each one of these were satisfied. After a few weeks I noticed my aggressiveness increased. I was an animal at pretty much anything that requires some physical exertion.
I gained a solid 5 pounds of muscle. I'm leaner and bigger at the same time. When I flex my muscles feel hard too. It's like there's a new mountain in my town. Mt bicepius!

Cons: there were very little negatives during this run but there were a couple. My aggressiveness got a little stronger than I like. My fuse was a lot shorter and I noticed myself getting super irritated and losing my temper over the littlest things.
Back pumps. A few weeks in I started getting back pumps. Not a big deal. Taurine knocked those out easily. But they were present.
Also you have to take five pills a day. It's not bad when you break it up but I found myself forgetting and having to catch up.

All in all. I really really enjoyed this product. This is a great standalone product. A four week cycle is good. But an 8 week is better. I would give this product a solid 10/10

I will be taking this again and if you are reading this trying to decide if you should pull the trigger and become a spartan. Do it. You won't regret it.

blueline438

blueline438

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Day one was 7-24-16
I took some before pics and it's kinda depressing. I've lost a lot of size and definition.
No workout today but I did do a lot of painting and outside work.

blueline438

blueline438

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Day 2
7-25-16
Had a great workout this morning. Chest and tris. 2 pills pwo. I had that excited taking a new supp lift today so I was on point and felt great. It doesn't look like much but it was a good lift. Things can only go up from here.
Flat bench
95x12
135x10x40
DB incline / cable flyes
35x12x3 / 50x12x3
DB flat bench
45x10x3
Ez bar tri press down / pec deck
60x12 / 50x12
70x12 / 50x10
80x10 / 50x10
Rope extensions
50x15x4

blueline438

blueline438

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Lunch today was a grilled cheese sandwich.
Sharp cheddar, Colby, Monterey, and Brie on brioche bread.

blueline438

blueline438

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
For log and evidentiary purposes. The pill is small. It's really easy to take and very little to no after taste. Which is really nice. You can see the size of one pill in the pic below. It's sitting on an Oreo for comparison. We all love Oreos.

blueline438

blueline438

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Ugh. I didn't sleep very well last night and could go back to bed. But that's not the Sparta way.

blueline438

blueline438

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
So I had a killer workout. It took me a while to get warmed up and my hand was killing me. It was doing this cramping thing where I couldn't squeeze anything but I was able to work it out. I felt really strong today and my surgery site wasn't hurting much and my wrist feels really loose. However my scar is killing me. I did mostly back today with one set of bis at the end. I really pushed it today and now I'm kinda regretting it. My wrist is really hurtin. But I feel overall good.

Wide lat pull down
80x12
100x12x3
Barbell row
95x12x3
Ez bar pull down
50x8x2 (couldn't do these)
V bar cable row
100x12x3
Deadlift
135x5
185x5
225x5
275x5
315x1
Cable bi curls
40x10x2

Crushed deadlift. 315 came up so easily. Holding it sucked and I only wanted to attempt 1 since I did 5 at 275. I probably should take it a bit easier.

I also found my old flip camera. I think I'm gonna start doing some recording during my lifts and posting them.

FireTitan

FireTitan

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
So I had a killer workout. It took me a while to get warmed up and my hand was killing me. It was doing this cramping thing where I couldn't squeeze anything but I was able to work it out. I felt really strong today and my surgery site wasn't hurting much and my wrist feels really loose. However my scar is killing me. I did mostly back today with one set of bis at the end. I really pushed it today and now I'm kinda regretting it. My wrist is really hurtin. But I feel overall good.

Wide lat pull down
80x12
100x12x3
Barbell row
95x12x3
Ez bar pull down
50x8x2 (couldn't do these)
V bar cable row
100x12x3
Deadlift
135x5
185x5
225x5
275x5
315x1
Cable bi curls
40x10x2

Crushed deadlift. 315 came up so easily. Holding it sucked and I only wanted to attempt 1 since I did 5 at 275. I probably should take it a bit easier.

I also found my old flip camera. I think I'm gonna start doing some recording during my lifts and posting them.
You rocked it brother.

blueline438

blueline438

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
So just a heads up I hate shoulder day. Like really hate it. But I need to do it to grow. I've always disliked it cause I've never be really strong in my shoulders. Just average I would say. Here's today's lift. The smith machine weight is just the plates. Who knows how much that bar really weighs.

Db side raises
10x12x2
15x10
Db front raise
10x12x2
15x10
Smith machine front military
50x12
70x12
90x11
Rear delt Iso
35x10x3
Shrugs
90x12
180x12x2
Seated calf raise
45x10x4
Standing calf raise
45x8x3
Few sets of sit-ups

fakeazzrock

Awards
During the 4th BOGO sale, I ordered up Spartan Epimax and Andromax. With your log and the Epimax log, holy $h** I'm gonna be too geeked to wait. Can't wait to see and hear about it!

blueline438

blueline438

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Spartan rise before the sun and go do legs.

blueline438

blueline438

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
So apparently this Spartan has to clean up dog diarrhea before he can go workout.
My workout was really short due to my stupid dog. But I got several good sets of squats in. One of my gym buds was there squatting too. He's bigger than me and a lot stronger than me and he's asking me for tips on his squats. Made me feel pretty good.

Squats
Warmup 45x20x2
135x12 atg
135x10
225x12
315x8
225x8
Leg press
180x10x4

Now I'm off to therapy for my hand.

FireTitan

FireTitan

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
So apparently this Spartan has to clean up dog diarrhea before he can go workout.
My workout was really short due to my stupid dog. But I got several good sets of squats in. One of my gym buds was there squatting too. He's bigger than me and a lot stronger than me and he's asking me for tips on his squats. Made me feel pretty good.

Squats
Warmup 45x20x2
135x12 atg
135x10
225x12
315x8
225x8
Leg press
180x10x4

Now I'm off to therapy for my hand.
Let me tell you, Ive always hated those rushed workouts, but Ive gotten to the point where Ive realized that a compressed workout, is better than a day on the couch. Nice job!!

blueline438

blueline438

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Let me tell you, Ive always hated those rushed workouts, but Ive gotten to the point where Ive realized that a compressed workout, is better than a day on the couch. Nice job!!
My rest periods were super short. I was sweating like crazy and out of breath the whole time. It was a good lift.

I weighed in today. 178. I've gained 1 pound. So far so good.

blueline438

blueline438

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I'm five days in and so far I haven't noticed any changes. My appetite doesn't seem increased. My Spartan drive is about the same. I'm not bloated so that's good. I am drinking more but that may be associated with the increased creatine intake. I am having an issue with my pill consumption. I have a hard time remembering did I take the pill. I take two pwo and three throughout the day. Five pills of one brand is proving difficult to remember. I remember if I took my other ones. Just this one is messing with me. I need to make a time chart or find my pill container.
Other than that things are going really smooth. No side effects so far but I'm not seeing anything positive yet other than I'm stoked to be taking this product. I know great things are coming and I'm not worried. Just Layin it out there.

FireTitan

FireTitan

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm five days in and so far I haven't noticed any changes. My appetite doesn't seem increased. My Spartan drive is about the same. I'm not bloated so that's good. I am drinking more but that may be associated with the increased creatine intake. I am having an issue with my pill consumption. I have a hard time remembering did I take the pill. I take two pwo and three throughout the day. Five pills of one brand is proving difficult to remember. I remember if I took my other ones. Just this one is messing with me. I need to make a time chart or find my pill container.
Other than that things are going really smooth. No side effects so far but I'm not seeing anything positive yet other than I'm stoked to be taking this product. I know great things are coming and I'm not worried. Just Layin it out there.
Interesting. Maybe you just have a built in tolerance and itll take longer to build up in you?

blueline438

blueline438

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Interesting. Maybe you just have a built in tolerance and itll take longer to build up in you?
It normally takes about a week of anything before I notice changes.

blueline438

blueline438

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Well one problem solved today.

Joedoubledose

Joedoubledose

Awards
Best way to do it^^^^ helps you stay on track , just like logging your workouts instead of trying to remember everytime what previous weight you were using for each lift .

JamesReef

JamesReef

Awards
Best way to do it^^^^ helps you stay on track , just like logging your workouts instead of trying to remember everytime what previous weight you were using for each lift .
Once i started logging my workouts, my numbers started steadily increasing. Best decision I ever made hands down!

blueline438

blueline438

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Once i started logging my workouts, my numbers started steadily increasing. Best decision I ever made hands down!
Same here. When I'm on a dedicated plan like I am now I always record my lifts.

blueline438

blueline438

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
So I'm trying to plan out tomorrow. On my routine tomorrow is supposed to be a rest day and then I repeat my week. My gym doesn't open early enough for me to lift on Saturday and I don't lift on Sundays. So Saturday and Sunday are typically my rest days. I was thinking about hitting chest again tomorrow and then back on Monday. So next week I'll hit back twice. Which is fine. Or.... Should I just do like a whole body or a bis/tris/abs or what. I dunno.

FireTitan

FireTitan

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
So I'm trying to plan out tomorrow. On my routine tomorrow is supposed to be a rest day and then I repeat my week. My gym doesn't open early enough for me to lift on Saturday and I don't lift on Sundays. So Saturday and Sunday are typically my rest days. I was thinking about hitting chest again tomorrow and then back on Monday. So next week I'll hit back twice. Which is fine. Or.... Should I just do like a whole body or a bis/tris/abs or what. I dunno.
If you do anything tomorrow, Id keep it with an intense body weight session, not to much, just enough to burn a bit and keep the muscles full. IMHO

blueline438

blueline438

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I'm working out tomorrow there's no question. I may do a high rep day. Gotta burn off dinner ;)

blueline438

blueline438

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Apparently I ate to much pizza last night. I felt kinda gross most of the night, fat, and bloated. I had to force down my pre bed shake. I workout fasted and if I don't get that shake in me i don't have much gas in the tank to make it through. I did have a really good lift. I did chest and tris today and it killed me. I was still sore from Monday. But I muscled through it and got a great pump.

Flat bench
95x15
135x15
145x10x3
Cable fly
50x12x5 (mid/mid/low/high/mid)
Incline bench
95x10x3
Rope tri extension
60x8 sets to failure
Single arm extension
30x12x3

Abs
Leg raise to candlestick 2 sets failure
Side raises 40lbx12x2
Leg extension to crunch to twist and back til failure x2

FireTitan

FireTitan

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Apparently I ate to much pizza last night. I felt kinda gross most of the night, fat, and bloated. I had to force down my pre bed shake. I workout fasted and if I don't get that shake in me i don't have much gas in the tank to make it through. I did have a really good lift. I did chest and tris today and it killed me. I was still sore from Monday. But I muscled through it and got a great pump.

Flat bench
95x15
135x15
145x10x3
Cable fly
50x12x5 (mid/mid/low/high/mid)
Incline bench
95x10x3
Rope tri extension
60x8 sets to failure
Single arm extension
30x12x3

Abs
Leg raise to candlestick 2 sets failure
Side raises 40lbx12x2
Leg extension to crunch to twist and back til failure x2
Not a bad session at all! At least you didnt vomit pizza!!

blueline438

blueline438

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
One full week in and I'm noticing a few things.
1. I am looking fuller. I look in the mirror like a hundred times a day. Mostly because I'm unhappy with my appearance and I'm hoping things are getting better. Last night I noticed that I'm looking a little bit fuller. Muscles look a hair bigger and things are starting to get definition.
2. I'm hungry again. When I was on a test booster I had a ferocious appetite. I'm not so much really hungry I just find myself always eating and never really being full.
3. I'm starting to get short tempered. I'm not getting angry I'm just losing my patience quicker. I live an interesting life and my fuse has been getting shorter for years but today I've noticed that I'm getting frustrated a lot easier.

I think that's it for now. No real negative side effects yet.

blueline438

blueline438

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
So I'm not sleeping. Tossing and turning. Waking up super stiff. I've always had seeping issues. I could get three front hours sleep and be fine. Last night went to sleep at 1015 and I'm more tired now then when I went to bed. I really hope there isn't some association with the andro.

Oh well. On the way to gym for a back day. I'm gonna try and kill it.

lifted67

lifted67

Awards
  • Established
I think I slept deeper on andros personally, and had to take 2pm naps.

blueline438

blueline438

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I think I slept deeper on andros personally, and had to take 2pm naps.
I wish I could take naps in the afternoon. But with all my kids that never happens. I ended up having a decent workout. I'll posting shortly. I need to upload a video

blueline438

blueline438

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Here's today's back workout. I ran out of time and didn't get to do my cable rows or real sets of bis. So I'll have to add bis to my traps and calves day.

Wide lat pull down
60x20
110x10
120x10
130x8
Db row
55x12x2
Barbell row
95x12
115x10x2
Ez bar pull down
60x12x3
Deadlift
135x5
185x4
225x3
275x2
315x1
365x1
365x1

Barbell curl
45x20x3

heres a couple vids of my deadlifts. i hit 315 for 2 and 365 for 1 but i did two sets at 365. first set with out a belt and the second set with. I felt really good the first set but my core struggled a bit and i kinda threw the weights down. I didn't record the second set but I put a belt on and it was a much more strict lift.

https://youtu.be/FdihpTF1tUE

https://youtu.be/NHft9ltPiZ8

i tried to embed the videos in the post and it just showed the coding. not sure how to do that yet exactly so ill figure it out soon. Im open to critiques. and i know dont just drop the bar down. i was lucky to get up what i did.

Edit**
On the app it shows the videos. I did this on the computer and it does not. So I dunno.

FireTitan

FireTitan

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Here's today's back workout. I ran out of time and didn't get to do my cable rows or real sets of bis. So I'll have to add bis to my traps and calves day.

Wide lat pull down
60x20
110x10
120x10
130x8
Db row
55x12x2
Barbell row
95x12
115x10x2
Ez bar pull down
60x12x3
Deadlift
135x5
185x4
225x3
275x2
315x1
365x1
365x1

Barbell curl
45x20x3

heres a couple vids of my deadlifts. i hit 315 for 2 and 365 for 1 but i did two sets at 365. first set with out a belt and the second set with. I felt really good the first set but my core struggled a bit and i kinda threw the weights down. I didn't record the second set but I put a belt on and it was a much more strict lift.

https://youtu.be/FdihpTF1tUE

https://youtu.be/NHft9ltPiZ8

i tried to embed the videos in the post and it just showed the coding. not sure how to do that yet exactly so ill figure it out soon. Im open to critiques. and i know dont just drop the bar down. i was lucky to get up what i did.

Edit**
On the app it shows the videos. I did this on the computer and it does not. So I dunno.
Nice lifts!

blueline438

blueline438

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Thanks FireTitan I'm getting up there. definitely getting stronger every day. Feeling pretty good.

lifted67

lifted67

Awards
  • Established
Pulls look good for sure, keep it up!

blueline438

blueline438

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Had a decent shoulder day. Still working on overall hand strength and just being able to hold the bars. When I did barbell military press it was killing my wrist so I went to the shoulder press machine and just did some lighter stuff. I did work pretty hard with shorter rest times. Felt pretty intense. I am noticing that my recoup time is getting shorter.

Military press warm up
95x10x2
Shoulder press
45x12x3
Db side raises
15x12x4
Upright row
95x10x3
Rear delt Iso
35x12x4
Shrugs
180x12
270x12x2
Calf raises
70x8x4
Ex bar preacher curl
35x10x2
55x10x2

lifted67

lifted67

Awards
  • Established
Grizzly makes great wrist straps, I use em whenever I front squat.

blueline438

blueline438

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Grizzly makes great wrist straps, I use em whenever I front squat.
Right now I'm using the harbinger straps. They have a good amount of elasticity and I can get a good secure wrist with them.

blueline438

blueline438

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Today is supposed to be leg day. But since yesterday I've been having a lot of issues with my right knee giving out. Not sure why. Whenever I'm walking up stairs I get a sharp shooting pain right in the middle just at the top of my knee cap. So chest day! Yay!