Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Like Hercules was put to his 12 tasks to prove himself, I intend to see what Sparta Nutrition's latest Laxogenin product featuring Tetrasorb is worth!

I am currently training for a fun USPA power meet Aug 27, competing push-pull as I continue to rebuild my squat and deadlift after suffering some disc herniations earlier in the year. I am currently a bloated 235lbs and will be competing at 220, so diet will be a slight deficit. I have a float trip the following weekend to add reason to lean up some, so follow along as I see what Hercules is made of!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
FINAL REVIEW

I overdosed (compared to recommended 100mg/day, divided) Hercules for 6.5 weeks. Using 2 bottles I started at 120 and ended at 240mg (bumping by one cap every Friday) and had NO side effects at any point.

Over ~45 days I lost 5-6lbs intentionally, but I absolutely got stronger and believe I added muscle. Looking back I honestly trained harder than ever for this meet - maybe not in total volume, but every rep of every session was performed with hungry intent, so that cannot be ignored. I have had subpar experiences with other brands of Laxogenin, even at 160mg/day, but I would not hesitate to run Hercules again at that dose for 8 weeks as I'm sure it would benefit my training. I wish I hadn't missed the Labor Day BOGO sale Sparta just had on it. I think I would use 160mg straight through for a longer cycle if I bought some on my own dime.

I shed bodyfat (to be expected with diet), gained strength (not typical in a deficit but certainly doable in an aggressive program like the Predator), but the kicker is I really think I gained lean mass, and joint pain lessened noticeably. At least at these higher doses, I'd compare this to 5-10mg Ostarine with none of the hormonal disruption. No changes in libido, energy, mood, etc.

This is the first lax product I've ever liked (having tried oral and td from OL and Primeval's oral) and the only one I would honestly recommend. I got better in every way on it - if that's placebo in a bottle, I'll take it. A bit leaner, more muscular, and stronger with less pain in only 6 weeks for someone that's been training 7 years and isn't using drugs is absolutely uncanny.

Thank you for this opportunity, Sparta Nutrition - Hercules was a pleasure!!!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
First, a big thank you to the fine folks at Sparta Nutrition for this opportunity to log Hercules - I woke up to find not one, but TWO full sealed bottles outside my door. Just in time to train!

Each bottle contains 200 caps, 20mg of Laxogenin each. The recommended dose is 100mg/day divided, but as my contest is 5 weeks out and I have been given the chance to play with 2 bottles, it seems this log is the perfect opportunity to show wondering minds what a higher dose of lax, combined with this absorption matrix, is (or isn't worth). I have ran 3 other Lax products, the last was Primeval's oral and run at 120/day, so that's where I will begin! Dosage will hopefully be increased as the log continues to probe for any noted changes or sides over the recommended limit.

This is my current daily supplement stack, in addition to some whey protein and Controlled Labs peri-workout products on training days, for full disclosure. Everything here has been incorporated for a long time:

THE MONSTAR

THE MONSTAR

Awards
  • Established
120/day seems like the sweet spot, I think it'll work out nicely for you. IN.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Cracked open the first bottle. Labeling and packing is top-notch, I had to fight the inner seal off (which is excellent). Everything looks fresh and no funky smells:

The caps actually have Tetrasorb 75mg stamped on every white cap, and no unnecessary paints/colors. Popped 40mg down with my preWO breakfast and headed off to train!

Very good day, heavy front and speed pull session looked like:

Frontsquat (beltless)
45, 135, 225 x5
275, 315, 325, 335, 315 x2

Conv Deadlift (stiff bar and kilo plates, beltless)
374 x6 sets of 3

Cheater Deadlift (deadlift bar and bumper plates, shoeless, belted)
405 x2 sets of 4

Hanging Leg Raise
3x8

Nothing to report obviously yet, best frontsquat is 345x1 belted so today easily blew that apart. Took another 40mg with postWO meal.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Pics from last week (with GREAT lighting):

Legs and glutes look big, hairy and undefined lol.

Hopefully this will improve in time for the float September 4th!

knock

knock

Awards
Im on epg laxozome max 200mg per day myself right now. Liposomal technology also with it. Great post.

Dma378

Dma378

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hell yeah man!! Great intro. Man those are some sexy bottles.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
In and ready to follow along!

vujade

vujade

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
subbed :)

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Awesome to have all of you following along! Glad to see you guys as it will give me some extra motivation if I know someone is watching.

Hell yeah man!! Great intro. Man those are some sexy bottles.
Really sexy actually; I feel like a kid in a hobby shop with these glowing holographic bottles around lol

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Awesome to have all of you following along! Glad to see you guys as it will give me some extra motivation if I know someone is watching.

Really sexy actually; I feel like a kid in a hobby shop with these glowing holographic bottles around lol
My favorite past time is just walking into a brick and mortar supp shop and admiring all of the pretty things.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Current training split is:
Monday - light/volume bench
Tuesday - squat
Thursday - heavy bench
Friday - deadlift
Saturday - ohp/fluff n' buff

This week is the end of week 1 of the Cube Predator program for my bench work, loosely using the Cube Kingpin for my deadlift (with a LOT of personal tweaking), squat has been 5x5 beltless high bar with a weekly challenge condition to keep weight off my back as I rebuild it, and Saturday is bonus muscle work. Lats are trained 3-4x a week counting deads, and direct ab and bicep work just kind of happens whenever I can summon the interest lol.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Suh dood

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
In for the ride!

JulzRulz

JulzRulz

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Sub'd. Interested to see what this can do as I've used last winter for 12 weeks OL Str3ngth and I liked it so perhaps this one is much better.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Sub'd. Interested to see what this can do as I've used last winter for 12 weeks OL Str3ngth and I liked it so perhaps this one is much better.
I actually noticed the least from Str3ngth. Dermastr3ngth was better and Primeval's oral better yet, but it was probably the amount I dosed (OL's recommendations).

Glad to see all you guys in here; welcome!!!

Visiting fam this weekend so had to get up early to get a few things done and squeeze training in.

2-3 pump sets each of lat pulldowns, incline db press, db curls, back extensions to get everything loosened up

Strict OHP
125 x4x12

Chest-supported Tbar
90, 135 x12
160 x2x8

Dips ss w/ Dhandle Cable Rows
3x15/3x16

Good Girls
5 sets to strengthen strained adductor

Boring AF, in and out in an hour, just got the work in. CRAZY pump though, and I only took one scoop of White Pipes (normally I'm a 2 scoop guy) and had same preWO meal as always. Wonder if Hercules is the culprit? Nothing else explains it, so we will see. Even my biceps were swollen.

I'm not complaining!

coltonwalker

coltonwalker

Awards
I actually noticed the least from Str3ngth. Dermastr3ngth was better and Primeval's oral better yet, but it was probably the amount I dosed (OL's recommendations).

Glad to see all you guys in here; welcome!!!

Visiting fam this weekend so had to get up early to get a few things done and squeeze training in.

2-3 pump sets each of lat pulldowns, incline db press, db curls, back extensions to get everything loosened up

Strict OHP
125 x4x12

Chest-supported Tbar
90, 135 x12
160 x2x8

Dips ss w/ Dhandle Cable Rows
3x15/3x16

Good Girls
5 sets to strengthen strained adductor

Boring AF, in and out in an hour, just got the work in. CRAZY pump though, and I only took one scoop of White Pipes (normally I'm a 2 scoop guy) and had same preWO meal as always. Wonder if Hercules is the culprit? Nothing else explains it, so we will see. Even my biceps were swollen.

I'm not complaining!
lol... good girls. I could almost guarantee the pump is from the Herc. I have always noticed almost an instant difference with pump when using laxogenin products.

Joedoubledose

Joedoubledose

Awards
lol... good girls. I could almost guarantee the pump is from the Herc. I have always noticed almost an instant difference with pump when using epi products.
Hercule's isn't an epi product it's a laxo product

Allhealsonme

Allhealsonme

Awards
  • Established
I'm interested to see how this works out for you as well

Subbed good sir

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Got to love a good pump!!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Got to love a good pump!!
Curious to see if I seem more pumped after my volume bench than usual. Normally that's tomorrow but I have family matters to attend all day and might not get back til Tuesday.

Fam reunion today, no training and split dosage bfast and dinner. No progress was made towards 220 class with the family style dinner, just gainz.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
So I am guessing your main focus for the meet is going to be your bench? What are your planned weight attempts?

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
So I am guessing your main focus for the meet is going to be your bench? What are your planned weight attempts?
Definitely, deadlift is just for funsies since its $50 for one attempt or all 3. But the squat just won't be ready yet; if I did a full meet I'd probably only total 1300 now so there's no point as I'm not qualifying for nationals with that.

Probably open bench at 287 or 292, then hop to 308 for a meet PR. Hopefully I'll have one more good one in me after that. Deadlift will open at 501 for sure; keeps warmups simple (1-2-3-4-4.5 plates). After that I'll take what's there that day.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Definitely, deadlift is just for funsies since its $50 for one attempt or all 3. But the squat just won't be ready yet; if I did a full meet I'd probably only total 1300 now so there's no point as I'm not qualifying for nationals with that.

Probably open bench at 287 or 292, then hop to 308 for a meet PR. Hopefully I'll have one more good one in me after that. Deadlift will open at 501 for sure; keeps warmups simple (1-2-3-4-4.5 plates). After that I'll take what's there that day.
Sounds like a great plan!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Despite an extra day off since Saturday, today was tough. Rolled over the 2 hour mark so I skipped my Arnold Presses. Pump wasn't anything special.

Microband Pullaparts, hammercurls

Comp Bench
45, 95, 135x5
175x8
205x5
235 x5 sets of 3
205x12, 10

Closegrip
225 x3 sets of 6

BB Rows
155x10
205 x4 sets of 10

Incline DB Press
75x12, 85x10, 95x8, 100x6

Swiss Bar Rolling Tri Ext
+25/side x12, 10, 8
+30 x6, 5

Db Pec Flyes
50s x4x10

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
That is a long work out!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
That is a long work out!
Long but looks like a killer one.. nice job Hyde.
Thanks! The Predator bench template basically subscribes to the notion that guaranteed overkill will still guarantee results. But it is a biotch to get through.

This morning's squat:

Hi Bar, all beltless
45, 135, 245 x5
345 x4 sets of 5, 1x10 PR

GHR
12, 3x10

Leg Extensions
50, 70, 90, 110x20

Good Girls
4 sets, constant tension and pump

So pleased with that 345x10. Calculated 1RM is 460 off that, and I am neither using a belt nor a low bar position so I am leaving lots of head room for later. Coming back!

FireTitan

FireTitan

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks! The Predator bench template basically subscribes to the notion that guaranteed overkill will still guarantee results. But it is a biotch to get through.

This morning's squat:

Hi Bar, all beltless
45, 135, 245 x5
345 x4 sets of 5, 1x10 PR

GHR
12, 3x10

Leg Extensions
50, 70, 90, 110x20

Good Girls
4 sets, constant tension and pump

So pleased with that 345x10. Calculated 1RM is 460 off that, and I am neither using a belt nor a low bar position so I am leaving lots of head room for later. Coming back!
Smashin it bro!!!!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Morning weight: 232.8

So things are at least moving back in the right direction. Rest day, low carb, last day on 120mg. Bumping to 140mg/day tomorrow!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Nice, how close do you want to be to weight before you start cutting water or are you going to?

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Nice, how close do you want to be to weight before you start cutting water or are you going to?
I would feel comfy being 228 on Monday with a Friday weighin. 230 is about my top. Lower carbs and limited sodium starting Mon, no carb or sodium Wed, last meal is about 9:30am Thursday (chicken breast, almonds, iced coffee). Weighins at 9-10 Friday and reload begins. Shazam.

coltonwalker

coltonwalker

Awards
Sounds like a good plan man. Best of luck!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Sounds like you got this. How many meets will this be for you now?

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Sounds like a good plan man. Best of luck!
It's a protocol several other guys on this board taught me, it has always worked well for me and friends who have asked for help cutting water for a 24 hour weighin. I think a lot of big names suggest doing it that way unless you have to cut serious weight. But the more you take off, the more you have to get back on and risk getting the reload wrong.

Lower carbs and sodium for 2-3 days prior, crank water to 2-3 gal/ day to get peeing, cut carbs and sodium totally last day of food, cut off food and water 20-30 hours out. Last drink should be black coffee or light beer (diuretic), and you take some vitamin C for cortisol control w that meal and some dandelion root. 7-12lbs without sweating or prescription diuretics or laxatives in a day.

Buy a pack of gum for that day lol

Sounds like you got this. How many meets will this be for you now?
8 counting a deadlift only. This will be my 5th or 6th cut this way. It boils down to a little self control for a few and one day of fasting. Cake.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Another trick i learned for my last meet is the day of way ins have some sour candies/gum. Makes you salivate like you're staring at 16oz porterhouse. I filled up close to a full 20oz water bottle the day of way ins and made weight by less than half a pound. Every bit helps.

ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1469823983.268956.jpg

^^what i used

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Day 8 of Hercules

Bumped to 140mg/day.

Took 60g w preWO bfast meal and had a titanic pump very soon into training. To be fair, my shirt was Baby Gap small already, but I felt forearms looked more vascular than normal. I'll take it.

Heavy Bench Day

Sled Drag/Push (empty) ~100ft, 2 each
Microband Pullaparts
Miniband Facepulls 2x12
Hammercurls (done through session, all 15 rep sets)
10x2, 20x4, 25x4, 30x3, 35sx4

Comp Bench
45, 95, 135x5
155x8
185x6
225x5
250x3
315x1 w yellow slingshot
265x4 doubles
205x2x11

Neutral Grip Db Press
90x10, 95x8, 100x6, 110x5

Vbar Chins
2x12, 3x10

Incline Bench
205x3x4

Db French Press
50x4x15

Awesome training, didn't feel very explosive but the groove was there and nothing hurts.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Why the yellow slanger mane? Isn't that one step down from the mad dog? I know you know what you're doing and why you're doing it, thats why i dont mind asking.