HokiePride Gains on XTEND & Beyond, {Summer 16}

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established

A THANK YOU goes out to Scivation and Bob for the exclusive opportunity to run such a great product.

The 4th of July has now passed and the road to getting lean for summer 16 has been XTENDed. I'm truly excited to run this product. It's been years since I've utilized SCIVATION XTEND. I went off track when some other companies surfaced and I thought they were on cutting edge. In some sense this was true but in others, BCAA's are staples. In my opinion based our daily diets, a necessity. You may argue otherwise, no problem. I just know for myself and life, it's needed. We get busy and off track working extensive hours, visiting friends and family, taking care of kids or responsibilities that nutrition takes a back seat. I'm speaking solely for myself, no one else.

To run this at a more mature state in training, nutritional knowledge and middle of experimenting with my personal macros is awesome. Getting dialed in. No pics to show and for good reason. Don't like what I see. That's not necessarily all the way true. It's because I'm an anomaly. When I explain my weight and height, automatically I get a gasp. I argue with people who know and see me because they just don't believe. Standing @ 6'5" and weighing in at a hefty 366lbs {February @ 379lbs}. It's epic. Trust when I tell you I've been highly mistaken for a NFL LINEMAN even at my ripe age of 43 {June 22}.
I just walked off the field and possibly not the last time last May as a walk on in semi pro football.

I'm in the middle of a long life struggle with work and home. I won't go into the details, their laid out in other logs. Believe when I tell you I travel extensively, work 12hr shifts and having stopped on my grind. Fatigue has been reeking havoc on my mental state and gym time, but the grind does not stop. I always fond a way. XTEND will and should help with those functions. Follow along and let's see where I can make some GAINZ.

{Still Building Intro, Please bare with me}

Lynks8

Lynks8

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Standing @ 6'5" and weighing in at a hefty 366lbs {February @ 379lbs}.
Got Dayumn. I look forward to seeing how a guy nearly twice my size performs with this stuff. Excited to see your log!

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established

Update #2

About to get off after a grueling few and intense days at work. Taking the weekend to travel and see my family {Wife and kids}. Their Ma mal just left from visiting during the July 4th weekend. One thing she forgot to do was bring my package back, of the Xtend {Black Cherry}. I will get a taste of it tonight and post initial thoughts. Besides, I deserve it after working last 24 of 48 hrs plus 3.5 drive with very sleep. Skipped gym last night to take a 200 question test for work to make next level operator. This was following an 8hr walkthrough for my job day before. Oh well, things you go through to make a living. There are 4 more levels of this I have go through.

Anyways, hit the gym Tuesday Night. Preliminary to BCAA run:

Delts/Chest

Overhead Behind Neck Press
135x10, 155x10, 175x10, 205x10, 225x5x5

Incline Bench
135x10, 225x10, 275x10x4 {Sets}

Dip Machine
2PLx30x3

Lateral Raise
35x30x3

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
My man from Indiana PA. In my old stomping grounds of college.

Let us know a few things:

1) Initial taste test and mixability review. Want to see what you think of the flavor and product.

2) A small write up about your performance, endurnace, and how xtend perform treated your workout. I want to really see how it helps with the recovery/performance on a day to day basis. You should really see it kick in quick.

Will be using it for any forms of cardio activity? HIIT?
Consider throwing in some dropsets, accumulation, dropsets, and other intensity techniques and gauge how well xtend perform changes your training and performance.

Can't wait to see you kick this off . 1Fast400 is the man behind this product, lets make sure we invite him into the party.

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
Update #3 July 8, 2016, Dads Birthday

Today is Leg Day. Rested and ready for some RR in the gym. Kind of ironic to say. The gym is my nostalgia. I'm sure it is for most. I finally got to put my eyes and eyes on the New XTEND, Black Cherry. At first glance I'm impressed. I look forward to smashing the weights with it on hand. There are several things I notice outright the color is blue until you pour in water and it begins to mix.

Mix Ability 5/5
Mixes well and nothing left behind. Noticed 1 scoop per 10-14 ounces. Wondering how ot utilized this in a gallon jug as an all day hydration? I will have to wait on it for now.

Taste 4/5
Taste is ok. I'm not a huge fan of Black Cherry which is why I give it that score but It was very well made. Almost like your tasting cherries while you drink it.

Workout
Squats
135 x 10
225 x 10
315 x 10
405 x 06
225 x 20

Deadlifts
315 x 1
365 x 1
405 x 1
455 x 1

Recovery
So far recovery has been great I do extremely well with BCAAs. Some people have their thoughts about BCAAs and their false opinions. I personally depend on them. I haven't performed any specific combinations with legs, with the exception that these two are very intense on my body. I'm not used to performing Deads and Squats on same day. It is always epic when I survive it.

Cardio
This is tricky. Due of my nature of work in the power plant I can move anywhere from 5-12HRS. Overtime and depending on how many days in a row, I can face extreme fatigue. Add in travel back to Indiana, Pa. and you have a cocktail for days where my motivation and fatigue levels are zero to none. I will have some days off where I can perform two a days or flat out sprinting on a soccer field or track. This is the perfect time to begin utilizing SCIVATION PERFORM XTEND.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Really want to see your thoughts on performance and endurance during your workout

Throw in some high intensity drop sets , rest pause and super sets to see if fatigue catches up
Or the perform shines

Keep the detail coming

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established

TheSolution and 1Fast400, I will give it my all. I'm deep into this #LeaningForSummer16. Representing for those early to mid 40's dudes. People don't understand how much more important it is to maintain health and you can do more than society feels you can at this age. They say I can't while I show them I can. I've taken my nutrition and training to a different level and don't plan to stop. This summer was my catalyst to get everything lined up.

I will not settle for the dad bod or the tire around my waist. It's not happening. It's shrinking. I will continue to find everything that's to my advantage to continue on this path.

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
Update #4
Monday July 11, 2016

Rest Period ended on this day. Had a long and grateful weekend spent with wife and kids. Put them to bed and headed to work for a 3.5hr drive & 12HR shift.

During the shift, we moved all over the power plant. It was exhausting. Decided to take a serving of XTEND, and hit the sack. Woke up refreshed Tuesday Morning, ready for another shift. If anyone has their doubts, I dare them to try it. This BCAA is the best. I look forward to seeing how I recuperate this week because I volunteered to work another two days of OT, it's going to require a ton of energy to work and still make a 30min drive to the gym and kill some weights.

#Summer16Lean

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Appreciate the kind words man. Look forward to more workout/cardio thoughts on the product
changes on performance during your workout, rest times if they are cut, strength and endurance changes.

I sense some big things.

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established

Update #5
Chest Bomb All BBs

Flat Bench
Warm Up: 135x10, 225x10
Work Set: 335x8x2

CGB
Warm Up: same as above
Work Set: 290x8, 2

Incline Bench
Warm Up: Same as Above
Work Set: 275x8x2

This was all after a 12Hr Shift and getting my back reset by my chiro. Sets tonight were minimal but the intensity is increasing. The ultimate goal through the next 8 weeks will to have two chest days. The chest first chest day is BB focused with all three main exercises while steadily increasing the weight but lowering reps. Day 2 of chest will be stretched focus. It will involve calisthenics movements and Dbs with a mixture of intensity techniques.
#Summer16Lean

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Very nice. Good to hear the rest times are being decreased.
Do you think you will see additional volume added or PR's being had while on the perform?
Do you plan to try any intensity techniques to gauge recovery?
Any forms of cardio being done to see if perform shines in this aspect?

Keep it up hokie.

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established

Updates #6
Wednesday July 13, 2016.

Legs/Lt Back

Squats
135x10
225x10
315x10
405x8 {PR}

Leg Press
2Pl x 50
4Pl x 40
6pl x 30
8Pl x 20
10Pl x 15
12Pl x 15
14Pl x 15
16Pl x 15
18Pl x 15
20Pl x 15

Leg Extensions
5 x 20

Leg Curl
5 x 20

This was grueling considering the amount of time I been at work whether its been normal schedule or overtime. Recognize this was following a 12HR shift and been doing working this schedule since Monday. Just can't say enough about the POWER of PERFORM XTEND.

Walking around the plant, Going up and down steps continuation like it's a requirement is underrated in exercise. People have no clue how in shape you can get here at work. The BCAAs has allowed me
To operate maximally in the gym. There days I want to pass out. I have come to depend on this stuff in multiple scenarios, whether I'm physically drained and need a workout boost {pre/post} workout, fasted training or cardio. As a pick me up in mid afternoon, between meals or pre bed as a refreshment. Either way, I'm maximizing my doses daily. Usually not more than twice and not exceeding 3-5 scoops.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Love seeing this man
Is there any times you will be throwing in high intensity cardio into the mix or intensity techniques for your training ?

Would love to see the feedback

Stay at 2 scoops as suggested from day 1. Do not do any more. 4g of Peak02 is plenty to see the benefits.

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
Update #7

Intensity techniques? Sure, but in due time. Been working some serious hours lately. It's coming, in fact I plan to go to the local college and begin sprint training, starting August through October. It will place a stamp on what I accomplished starting this year.

Delt Destruction

Standing DB Press
65 x 10
75 x 10
85 x 10
70 x 10
60 x 15

Upright Row
115 x 10 {Wide & Close Each}
125 x 10 {Wide & Close Each}
135 x 10 {Wide & Close Each}

DB Shrugs
100 x 15
125 x 10
135 x 10

Side Lateral Raises
40lbs x 3 Sets x 30 Reps

Rear Delt Flye Machine
4 x 15-20

Concluded this training after a 12HR Shift. Went home and drank a refreshing XTEND BCAA drink with some Chicken & Broccoli before passing out.

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
Update #8

Chest Evolution

Flat Bench
Warm Up
135 x 10, 225 x 10
Work Sets
345 x 8 {2 Sets}

CGB
305 x 8 {2 Sets}

Incline Bench
285 x 8

Incline Flye
55lbs x 4 x 10

Smith Wide Grip
2Pl x 15 {Single Turned to Side, then double}
4Pl x 15 {Single, then Double}
6Pl x 15 {Single, then Double}
8Pl x 15 {Single, then Double}

Called it a night and once again, was called for OT, so dinner with the usual Xtend Cocktail and off to bed.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Take Xtend Perform pre (1 scoop) and intra (1 scoop) much more beneficial then post-workout. Since you are eating there is no need for additional BCAA's in that meal

Since you have been on the Xtend Perform for a few weeks now
Could you summarize in 2-3 sentences what you have seen, felt, and experienced during your run?
Note your recovery, performance, endurance, and things you noted during your workouts
Want to hear your honest feedback.

We really are trying to get some feedback on your training, what you are experiencing, and notes on recovery, performance, and endurance.

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Been 8 days since your last update. Looking forward to you dropping a bomb in here. Gonna be some killer detail

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established

July21-July28, 2016

Friday : Back
Deads: 1x30, 20, 10, 10, 10
Wide Grip Chins: 4x10-15
T-Bar Row: 3x8-12
Close Pulldown: 3x10
Wide Pulldown: 3-10
One Arm DB Row: 3x10-15

Saturday : Chest
Incline BB Press: 4x8-12
Flat DB press: 3x8-12
Incline DB Flye: 3x10-15
Push ups 3, 10-15
Incline Strength Press: 3x8-12
Pec deck: 3-10-15

Sunday : off

Monday : Delts:
Shoulder Press4x8-12
DB lateral raises: pyramid up & back.
Upright row: 3, 10-15
Rear delt Flye: 3x8-10
Front raises: 3, 8-10
DB or BB Shrug: 4x10-20

Tuesday : Wheels
Leg Extension: 3x20
Bb Squat: 4x10-15, 1x20-30
Seated leg Press: 3x10-15
Lying leg curl: 3, 8-12
Stiff legged dead: 3x10-15
Walking Lunges: 3x20+
Calf Raises: 3x20

Wednesday : Guns
BB Curl: 3x20, 15, 10
Tricep push down: 3x20, 15, 10
Alternating Db curl: 4x8-12
Parallel dips: 4x8-12
Preacher curls: 4x10-15
Overhead Triceps Ext: 4x10-15

Thursday : Strecthing & Visiting Family for the weekend.

Notes on Xtend:

Feelings for today:
Today is a rest day, taking some days to relax and contemplate some major events going on in my life. Currently, job situation can change due to upcoming announcement on layoffs. Unfortunately, i was last hired. Somehow I have to remain strong. Been struggling since last job loss last year. It's been a rough and tough year and a half. Been using lifting to help mask the difficulty and pain of not seeing my kids/wife every few weeks. Traveling the turnpike every few weeks has been hard on my vehicle but one day according to Gods word it will work out.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Can you update the notes on Xtend? That is the biggest factor on this log.
Especially with how it has aided your training, performance, endurance, and overall recovery.
How would you compare it to other BCAA products you have tried in the past?
How are you feeling on a day to day basis while utilizing the product?
Any changes in DOMS?
Any changes in rest times during training?

Looking forward to the feedback on the product brother. Way to put in work despite the schedule.

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
Can you update the notes on Xtend? That is the biggest factor on this log.
Especially with how it has aided your training, performance, endurance, and overall recovery.
How would you compare it to other BCAA products you have tried in the past?
How are you feeling on a day to day basis while utilizing the product?
Any changes in DOMS?
Any changes in rest times during training?

Looking forward to the feedback on the product brother. Way to put in work despite the schedule.

Xtend

Performance:
Xtend has allowed me to remain in the gym longer and sustain a better pump. Taking it pre-workout gives me the necessary building blocks to fill my muscles and allow for me to prepare my mindset. I begin sipping it as I make the 30 minute trip to the gym. No matter what body part I feel refreshed and battle ready. Despite the 12HR shifts I've felt replenished and able to hit more reps/sets and volume. I average 4-5 sets in a 12-15 rep range on small muscle groups and 10-12 on larger ones. Now I've been hitting 15-20 especially on fatality sets on large and small groups once I hit my max weight. I'll perform a reverse ladder and pick a weight where I can do 20 reps for a final 2 sets, fatality. I haven't listed it but that's how I end the sets.

Endurance:
Hitting a second wind in the gym by taking it intra has been epic. It's caused me to hit the weights in a fasted state and remain full of energy. My biggest goal for summer 16 is to peel of as much body fat as possible and remain lean. People say it's impossible. I've been making it possible while using heavy weights. An example is in bench protocol. I used to do tons of warm up sets each time I changed angles or exercises. Well I can warm up for 1 major exercise and move to another as if I already warmed up while utilizing a weight most would consider max. Like this:

Flat Bench:
Warm Up 135x10, 225x10, 315x10
Work Sets 365x2x5
CGB
295x2x5
Flat Bench
Fatality 275x15, 225x2x20
Incline Bench
225x10, 315x2x5, 275x8, 225x10, 175x2x20

The chest pump is real. Normally I would have warmed up individually for each exercise beginning with 135lbs. Currently I can rotate and each we there is a progression of at least 10-15 lbs on all three exercises, if you haven't noticed according to the log. I started this 4 weeks ago at final weight on flat bench of 315x2x10. Im already up to 365x5, while sustaining energy to hit bug weight for 2 more major chest exercises. Again, this is a page out of my training beginning this week so this accounts for International Bench Day but was performed Sunday.

Recovery:
DOMS non-existent and more fasted days are to begin this month and I will report more on that as I progress with cardio becoming more frequent. Also, super setting or giant sets will be added into the mix to focus more on contraction and TUT. I'm loving the product and believe me the results speak for themselves. I have to pinch myself at times because I feel the same now at 43yrs old training as I did @ 35 and @ 25. I'm much more massive but just I was never muscular. Playing basketball as I grew up left me lean but no muscle to account for. By taking BCAAs more specifically I'm not worried about losing any of the hard earned muscle as I continue stripping the bf. Rest periods are average 1.5 to minutes even with the larger groups of muscle.

The results are real and the gains are EPIC.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Hows the feedback coming in here? Should be getting close to the end of your tub.
For a final review could you summarize the key points you noted during your run on perform?
Biggest attribute?
Biggest thing you noted in the gym?
What varied from your workouts since starting perform?

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
Experienced some devastating news this past week which has me in turmoil. Lost a great Aunt and Uncle on same day. Then was informed I will no longer have a job in a few months. So my concentration has been a little off but I did get a few workouts in. Lastly, dealing with selling my home over the past year has been difficult but I continue to contend with issues trying to maintain it and keep up with repairs in order to sell. I'll post what my workouts and results from XTEND and continue on until the end of month 2. Just wanted to let you guy know I'm still training and following up on this log. I'll get everything up later today.

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
Aug 1, 2016 Leg Day
Squats:
Warm Ups: 135x10, 185x10, 225x10, 275x10
Working Sets:
3 @ 315x8
5 @ 320x8
1 @ 325x8
Total Leg annihilation. Xtend was on point. Allowed me to bring the fire and intensity. Drank it 30 pre and intra. The workout was epic. I tend to do nothing more for legs besides squats, leg Extensions and Leg Curls. I guess you can add the deadlift but that's one I save for back day. I was off so it allowed proper rest. No doms to speak of. Loving the gains and recovery as usual.

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
Aug. 2, 206 Tuesday

This was a day where I got to take it to the boulder shoulders live and hard. Trained in superset fashion. Minimal rest.

OHP Standing: Started out with a lighter weight than usual
135x20, the moved onto bigger sets @ 155x20
175x15, push harder and train smarter, 195x15
Last set, 205x10
Dropped all weight and loaded it with all 10's for 155lbs
Completed drop sets beginning with 5 reps down to the
bar 50reps.

Moved to Delt Raises. began with 45lbsx30 reps dropped
to 25 for 30 for a total of 4 sets.

Next up Smith Machine Press {2PL each Side} ss/ with rear delt raises @ 35lbs
for a total of 4 sets.

Finally ended with Barbell Shrugs ss with DB Shrugs to top off the caps:
135x20, 225x15, 315x10, 315x10 / 100lbs, 120lbs, 130lbs

Killed the shoulders and can feel tell I tapped them out When you walk out
the gym with your shoulders full of blood and your back feeling like a cobra
ready to strike. That's epic. Still going strong with the Xtend. This is no joke.
allows me to push further and harder than I imagined. I tend to not take many
supps seriously but this is one I always loved. I just haven't utilized it in years.
I will say it's the first I've taken on a regular basis to get things done. I have reported results when going to work but this is strictly gym talk. No doms and complete recovery. Slowly adding volume to every muscle group. Beginning to feel like I felt a few years ago when I competed in 13 powerlifting contests in 2013 over a year and half period. I'm beginning get the same feels. So stay tuned.

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
Aug. 3, 2016 COBRA Day

Back Day
Started off with a 5 minute bike ride to get the blood flowing. Took to the exercise I love for back training and that is:

Rack Pulls {Mixed Grip[}
135x10
225x10
315x10
405x10

Low Cable Pull
4 @ 100lbsx20 {This was just to get a lean and strong stretch in my back}

Cable Pulldown {3 Way Set: Wide Overhand, Close Underhand, Normal Grip Overhand}
4 @ 90lbsx20

BB Row {Underhand}
135x10
185x10
225x10
315x8

DB Row {Run the rack Even up, Odd down}
60x10, 70x0, 80x10, 90x10, 100x10 95x10, 85x10, 75x10, 65x10

Threw in the towel. Xtend had me covered. Still no muscle soreness to report. Allowed me to hit the weights and at a decent pace. Seems to become a routine to do what I want and as I please. On days off I can spend as much time as I want without worrying about volume. The more I add, it extends my training but doesn't affect my workouts. I got to say it can be a combination of what I'm experiencing in my life as well that has me in EPIC mode. Going through these situations, training is the only thing that keeps me grounded. Again, XTEND plays a key role in my performance. Especially when I lack the nutrients at times due to life. I may not eat all the required calories but XTEND gets me through. I love this stuff, just wish there was another flavor but Black Cherry will do for now. Next up, Arms and Light Chest.

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
Aug. 4, LT Chest/Arms

Began this day with Chest Day #2

This day involves a concentration on widening my chest cavity and losing more and more bf. to expose the muscle.

Incline Bench:
Warm Up: 135x20, 225x15, 275x10
Work Sets: 315x5, 315x5

Dips {Bodyweight Only}
5x5 {Regaining strength since surgery last year to do these, used to do BDYWT + 40lb chain}

EZ Bar Bicep Curl:
3 sets x 8 reps, 60lbs, 70lbs, 80lbs

Hammer Curl:
3 sets x 12 reps, 65lbs, 65lbs, 65lbs

EZ Bar Cable Curl:
3 sets x 20 reps, 60lbs, 70lbs, 80lbs

I hate arms but it seems to be the one area I need to work to get the wow factor. their kind of small considering there isn't a peak or detail. It kind of annoys me. their slow to respond and therefore I hate training them. After seeing a lot of guys running around with larger biceps it's kind of embarrassing when I'm holding at 19" @ 6'5". These will be prioritized for next few weeks to begin bringing them up to match chest.

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
August 5-7 REST DAYS

Took days for rest over weekend to travel home and see family. Will get back to work on Monday.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Perform also comes in Fruit Punch & Mango. Should be more on the way in the future too mate. Black Cherry seems to be the crowd favorite. Plenty to choose from in the future after this run brother. With the feedback it seems like this is a supp to keep in your stack.
Appreciate the feedback.. Those last few write up were fantastic.

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
Perform also comes in Fruit Punch & Mango. Should be more on the way in the future too mate. Black Cherry seems to be the crowd favorite. Plenty to choose from in the future after this run brother. With the feedback it seems like this is a supp to keep in your stack.
Appreciate the feedback.. Those last few write up were fantastic.
Thanks bud and loving the results.

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
August 9, 2016. Tuesday

Flat Bench Press
WARM UP 135x10, 225x10, 315x10
Work Sets: 2 @ 380 x 5

CGB:
Due to follow up to flat used this weight and sets in deload. No warming necessary.
2 @ 335 x 5

Incline Bench:
Reset and returned to a thorough warming and smashed the set, slow, controlled and wide.
Warming: 135 x 15, 225 x 10
Work Sets: 2 @ 315 x 5

Next came supersets. This is where I utilize extremely light weight but increase the volume:

SideWay Smith Chest Press ss/w
DB Flye
1Pl Each Side x 20 Reps
Ss/w 55lbs wide flye
2Pl Each Side x 20 Reps
Ss 65Lbs wide flye
3Pl Each Side x 20 Reps
Ss 75lbs Wide Flye
4Pl Each Side x 20 Reps
Ss 85lbs Wide Flye

This isn't over, Cable Flyes 3 way,
Lt set top, middle, bottom, same weight for the stretch.
4 Sets @ 75lbs x 20

I concluded this workout with 30 minutes cardio. Beginning to try and get more aggressive with the fatloss. At the end of summer I plan to have dropped another 5-10lbs with no drop in strength. We will see the metal this BCAA really has on a 300+ dude who gets it in. Let's not forget hoe much nutrition plays in this entire scheme. I believe it can be done. I'll measure my weight today. This give me a guide from there. For now, the results are real, no DOMS to speak of.

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
August 10, 2016

Focused on doing some light sprints. Nothing serious but to begin getting used to the idea of moving a bit faster than usual. Of course, XTEND preceded this and followed afterwards. Conducted a warm up routine with some general kick backs, single leg skips and hops to get the blood flowing. Then performed 100m sprints with flying starts. Finished with a light walk at the end and rolled home.

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established

August 11, 2016 Wednesday

Armageddon
[Arms and Shoulders]

This workout I got from wasme. Since I began to prioritize my arms I decided to follow his protocol for this specific workout.

EZ Bar Curls / Straight Bar Pushdowns
70x8 / 90x10
80x8 / 90x10
90x8 / 100x10
90x8 / 100x10
90x8 / 100x10
90x8 / 100x10

Alternating DB Curls / Vbar Pushdowns
35x8 / 100x12
35x8 / 100x12
35x8 / 100x12
35x8 / 100x12

Preacher Curls / Over Head Bent Rope Extensions
80x8 / 100x12
80x8 / 100x12
80x8 / 100x12
80x8 / 100x12

DB Lateral Raises / Overhead BB Press (in Smith)
20x10 / 115x8
20x10 / 115x8
20x10 / 115x8
20x10 / 115x8

Arms measure at 19" but I need to get them to 20" where they were before. This is what happens when you have surgery and a layoff where you can't utilize your hands for a bit. I'm getting readjusted to heavy lifting and definitely arm exercises. I used to hate them but now it's a necessity to maintain a huge bench/Dead.

Also, going to start mimicking the Scivation 21 day plan beginning tonight. This will finish out month 2. Maybe Xtend me a year supply based on results. {See how I did that}.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Can you give us feedback on the workouts , performance and endurance

This is what we want to see. How does that continue to get better each workout or each week

What are you noticing on day to day recovery or even intra workout that you can compare from previous sessions

How do you feel your training has changed or modified since starting the product? These are key points to address and if you see and strength gains or recovery notes to include we are all for it

Keep
Hustling man

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
Can you give us feedback on the workouts , performance and endurance

This is what we want to see. How does that continue to get better each workout or each week

What are you noticing on day to day recovery or even intra workout that you can compare from previous sessions

How do you feel your training has changed or modified since starting the product? These are key points to address and if you see and strength gains or recovery notes to include we are all for it

Keep
Hustling man
Thanks bud, yes I will report all this info you stated. Thank you. Got big goals and fitness marks to hit throughout the rest of year.

Day to Day recovery has been great. I feel like I never went to the gym. I love XTEND and stand by it wholly. I never feel DOMS, I push everything to the limit. Being 6'5 and last measured @ 366 makes me excited to know since the first month I've gotten stronger, recover, quicker and have lowered another notch in my waist. I'll weigh myself again either today or tomorrow. Today is LEGS/ARMS.

I was battling a bum shoulder but yet each week been able to increase the weight without fail. I began my return to a big bench beginning of this run. I was benching only 315 for 2 sets of 10, CGB 277 x 10 & Incline 255. These #'s have changed dramatically. I'm now hitting 380x5, 335x5, 315x5 respectively and on same day, same workout. Huge difference than 5 weeks ago. This week I'm pushing for higher #'s if my left shoulder allows it.

All other exercises have improved as well. I use bench as best measure because I'm tracking it much closer due to the injury I'm working around. I will make more comparisons this week with other exercises but this is truly a staple in my stash moving forward.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
at 6'5 350, how do you fit through doors?
Good lord! Glad I never ran into you when i went to IUP!

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established

at 6'5 350, how do you fit through doors?
Good lord! Glad I never ran into you when i went to IUP!
Lol. Bro I'm always asked why I'm not on someones line playing football. I was on a Naval Ship for 5yrs so going through hatches and avoiding over hanging flanges or piping was a challenge. Slept in cradle position because beds are tiny. I tell them because I'm 43yr old, "mouth hits the floor." Then the barrage of questions, you workout, yes. How much you bench?" Enough. "How many days a week you train?." Depends. "I bet you eat a lot." Well no, you probably eat more than me, in fact thanks for reminding me because I forgot to eat lunch. This happens constantly. I've been on my leaning game since beginning of year. This last month and half has been special with XTEND. It allowed me to introduce cardio, aspect. I'm on it. I will reveal pics on this log as soon as I get comfortable where I fee they're good to post. I'm structured like A DEFENSIVE END. Just need to drop down bf and will look solid. Stay tuned it's coming.

FYI
UPDATES COMING TONIGHT

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
August 15, 2016

Delts/Traps
Bb Military Press
135x15
155x15
175x12
195x10
205x10
Drop Set
145x5
125x10
105x15
85x20
65x15

Upright Row
135x15
145x15
175x12

Medial Delt Raises 3 Sets
3 Sets @ 35lbs x 30 Reps

DB Shoulder Shrugs
135lbs x 20Reps, 4 REPS

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established

August 16, 2016 Tuesday
Back/Biceps/Triceps

Bent Over Row {Overhand}
135lbs x 15
175lbs x 15
225lbs x 15
245lbs x 10

Wide Grip Pulldown
130lbs x 10 @ 4 Sets

Reverse Grip Pulldown {Wide}
100lbs x 10 @ 4 sets
Ss w/ Close geip
100lbs x 10 @ 4 sets

Straight Arm Pulldown ss/
Face Pulls
70lbs x 15 @ 4 Sets

Incline Db Curl
Ss w/ Incline Hammer Curl
35lbs x 15 @ 4 Sets

Cable Tricep Pushdown {3 Way}
65lbs x 10 Reps @ 4 sets
{Left side then right then middle}

Machine Curl/Tricep Extension
4 Sets/15 Reps {Forget Weight}

DB over head Extension
80lbs x 15 @ 4 Sets

Toast and done. Epic workout. Steadily getting stronger and progressive. Xtend has me pushing
With awesome intensity. Been drinking it with 2 scoops/ half gllon water pre/intra workout. DOMS still nonexistent. Loving the results. Getting leaner and can't wait to het it dialed in. Results are going to shock people. People are used to seeing big but not swole. I have a picture on my phone i keep to remember where this journey will end and open the next chapter. It's amazing the feeling you have when you take BCAA on the regular. The difference it makes in the gym, work and life in general. I feel like I never went. Like I missed something the day before and all I do os contemplate when I can hit the gym again. No other product in terms of BCAA comes close to XTEND. Never did, i just backed off them for quit some time when due to $$&. This time I firm in maintaining this in my regimen.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Hell yeah man. Now that is what I am talking about
Keep bringing the heat.

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established

August 17, 2016 Wednesday Back
Deads: 1x30, 20, 10, 10, 10
Wide Grip Chins: 4x10-15
T-Bar Row: 3x8-12
Close Pulldown: 3x10
Wide Pulldown: 3-10
One Arm DB Row: 3x10-15

August 18, 2016 Thursday Chest
Incline BB Press: 2 x 325 x 5
Flat BB press: 2 @ 395 x 5
CGB: 2 @ 335 x 5
Push ups 3, 10-15
Incline Strength Press: 3x8-12
Pec deck: 3-10-15

August 19, 2016 Friday
OFF

August 20, 2016 Saturday
Shoulder Press4x8-12
DB lateral raises: pyramid up & back.
Upright row: 3, 10-15
Rear delt Flye: 3x8-10
Front raises: 3, 8-10
DB or BB Shrug: 4x10-20

August 21, 2016 Sunday: Wheels
Leg Extension: 3x20
Bb Squat: 4x10-15, 1x20-30
Seated leg Press: 3x10-15
Lying leg curl: 3, 8-12
Stiff legged dead: 3x10-15
Walking Lunges: 3x20+
Calf Raises: 3x20

Definitely loving the benefits I'm getting from Xtend. Don't workout without it. Feeling energized and waking up ready to smash the weights refreshed and as if I didn't even workout the day before. No DOMS to speak of still and again the taste can be changed since I'm not a fan of black cherry. I'm still losing bf but strength is intact. I hope to hold strength at a maintenance level once I top out on main exercises. I will focus more on volume and shorter rest periods going forward. I usually go until I hit too weight and hit volume on the way down. There is no limit to what you can accomplish with BCAA {XTEND} coursing through your system.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Definitely loving the benefits I'm getting from Xtend. Don't workout without it. Feeling energized and waking up ready to smash the weights refreshed and as if I didn't even workout the day before. No DOMS to speak of still and again the taste can be changed since I'm not a fan of black cherry. I'm still losing bf but strength is intact. I hope to hold strength at a maintenance level once I top out on main exercises. I will focus more on volume and shorter rest periods going forward. I usually go until I hit too weight and hit volume on the way down. There is no limit to what you can accomplish with BCAA {XTEND} coursing through your system.
Bold... i want to see how that affects your recover and performance.

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
August 23, 2016 Tuesday, Chesticals and Back

Began this workout with the infamous BB Brigade. I started my journey @ 315lbs due to left delt injury. I took some time off to heal. I decided to push the envelope and begin a comeback. {FYI, I finally got access to company CPU that allowed me to come to the forum. For a while, I was blocked, don't know what changed but I'll take advantage right now}. Anyway, it's been a long 8 weeks since starting back at a base level. I finally touched the 400's.

Flat BB Bench
Warm Up: 135x10, 225x10, 315x10
Work Sets: 2 @ 405 x 4 Reps

CGB
Work Sets: 2 @ 365 x 3

Incline BB
Warm Up: 135x10, 225x10, 315x5
Work Sets: 3 @ 345 x 3

Cable Flye:
{decreased rest periods}
4 x 15 @ 70

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Lets see some feedback when you get a chance big man!! Glad you found a CPU That works!

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
August 24, 2016 Wednesday Armageddon

Biceps:
Barbell Bicep Curl: 10 x 10
Spider Barbell Curl: 5 x 5
DB Curl: 10 x 10
DB Hammer Curl: 5 x 5

Triceps
Bodyweight Dip: 10 x 10
CGB: 2 x 5 @ 365
Overhead Tricep Extension DB: 5 x 5

Took my arm training to a whole different level. German Volume training and 1 min. rest between sets. Xtend once again intra allowed me the fortitude to just keep going. I finally had enough. One thing I began to notice is the pump. I even hit arms throughout rest of week as an extended set since my focus is to build more quality muscle in my arms. They're not where they should be. My focus has shifted from powerlifting a bit to bodybuilding. More bodybuilding than power. It's leaning me up. My waist is getting smaller, bf is decreasing and energy has begun to rise due to the Xtend{ed} work with volume. Loving the results.

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
August 25, 2016 Thursday

This day I decided to hit my second cardio only day. I'm slowly building on my time, speed and distance. Being my size you myust be careful not to attempt to push the limit on cardio too fast. I'm going to ease into it. I have big plans in terms getting back to running, what nature intended and building sprint speed. No, I'm not trying to clock a fast 40. Something decent enough to be proud of and hit the track with intensity. I love working out. Xtend has brought me into a new place with my training. Endurance has increased, weights and volume have been kicked up a notch, DOMS is no-existent. I also have begun an intermittent fasting to speed up bf lose. BCAA taken pre/intra workout.

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
August 26, 2016 Friday

Legs/Delts

Blasted legs and the boulders. Took it back to the basics. Hit legs beginning with Squats focused on hitting depth and tweaking ensuring every rep was medium speed and controlled. I can tell you although it seems trivial, the weight, if done correctly can seem just as demanding as several plates being loaded on the bar. Especially, if your not used to hitting depth with a bar. It hits all those nagging muscle areas not activated when you decide to load the bar as heavy as a mini cooper. you truly feel how tight and muscle tears you already have healing. Weird though, it feels completely tight and sore. Anyways, I plan to hold the volume and squat daily whether it's with bodyweight or weights. Each time I go back to the gym to squat there will be added load going forward. See what 6 month results brings.

Squats
10 x 20 {Bar Only}

Delts
DB Raises {3 way} 5 x 15
Smith Shoulder Press: {1 PL Each side}, 5-6 sets x 20 [Slow controlled until painful then finish set fast]

Chest
Incline bench: 4 x 5 @ 345lbs

Called this the day. Again this was to be short sweet and to the point. It will only get more volumes from here.