Xtend Perform Mango

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Shout out to Scivation and TheSolution for the hook-up with the nice promo on the NBA Finals (even though my winning meant the Thunder lost in the conference finals...lol). I got a really nice package that included a huge (45oz.) shaker cup, as well as a handful of samples of the different flavors of OG Xtend that I look forward to trying out, as well.

2 weeks ago from tomorrow, I had surgery to remove bilateral gynecomastia from a prolactinoma that showed up about 3 years ago, so I've been in recovery mode. Yesterday was the first physical activity I've had since surgery (aside from taking the trash out lol) and I played basketball at church, which we normally do every Sunday afternoon.

I had one scoop of Perform in the middle of playing and will utilize it intra-workout once I'm able to start my rehab lifting next week.

My go-to intra has been iForce Compete + 5g taurine for as long as Compete has been on the market. So we'll see what Perform and Peak02 can do.

Flavor is good and mixability was just fine. 90% of the time, I use the first generation USP Labs shaker cups because I like that they're a bit wider to dump protein in afterward (I generally use the same shaker for my pre, then add intra once it's empty, then at the end of workout rinse it out and add protein previously scooped into an old/empty pre-workout container I toss in my gym bag). Point being -- it's not clear, so I didn't SEE the mixability of Perform, but there was no grit and nothing left over.

As far as the effect, I can't say much because after no physical activity for nearly 2 weeks, it was torture lol. As I get my endurance back, we'll see how things go and I should be able to gauge it as no other changes will have been made.

So not a whole lot to report back on yet, but I'm looking forward to it. Taste is definitely good (1 scoop mixed in a full shaker of ice cold water).

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Please when you are 100% healthy make sure you are taking 2 scoops a day on workout days. That is key as noted in the study.
Really looking forward to your honest feedback on your performance, endurance, and recovery!

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
In to hear what you have to say!

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
A thunder fan? Booo.

Subbed.
lol not a Thunder fan

I initially went into it wanting to see the Warriors win; and then the way that series started going, I was really hopeful that OKC could pull it out because I wanted to see Russ and KD win a ring together. Then by the time it got to the Finals, I was just hoping each team would be forced to end Game 7 in a tie so no one won lol.

I grew up with the 90's Bulls in IL, so that's who I always rooted for, but to be honest, I don't really have a vested interest in any team outside of the Cardinals in MLB. And honestly, each year I get older, the less I care about even that, too (baseball was the sport I played all the way up into college, so it's the one I identify with the most).

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
lol not a Thunder fan

I initially went into it wanting to see the Warriors win; and then the way that series started going, I was really hopeful that OKC could pull it out because I wanted to see Russ and KD win a ring together. Then by the time it got to the Finals, I was just hoping each team would be forced to end Game 7 in a tie so no one won lol.

I grew up with the 90's Bulls in IL, so that's who I always rooted for, but to be honest, I don't really have a vested interest in any team outside of the Cardinals in MLB. And honestly, each year I get older, the less I care about even that, too (baseball was the sport I played all the way up into college, so it's the one I identify with the most).
The finals was just a massive surprise for me. I was rooting for the Spurs, and after G1, I thought OKC was finished. Then OKC slammed them. Then after OKC was up 3-1, I figured the Warriors were finished. Then OKC decides to go into a shooting match against GSW and loses and manages to allow GSW to be one of 9 or 10 teams to come back from a 3-1 deficit. Then the Cavs vs GSW series....lol.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
First workout in 3 weeks -- went great.

I'll have a full report tomorrow.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Okay, so my apologies -- yesterday was kind of nuts (severe weather and then some personal stuff that came in to deal with afterward in the evening).

Normally, Wednesdays are off days or basketball if the group of guys I play with (in a town about 25 minutes away) are playing. They played the night before and with the weather being what it was, I wasn't looking to trek out in it anyway. So it was an off day.

Monday is the start of my normal training week and it looks like this:

Chest
Back
Off (or ball)
Arms
Legs
Delts/Traps
Off (or ball)

Monday was the 4th, and we were on the road anyway, so no chest (which was probably best to give it another full week of rest before directly training it post-surgery). So I hit back and decided to start up with my high volume week (I alternate between volume and strength) given the circumstances. I was afraid I'd be really weak, but I was surprised I only scaled weight back marginally and probably could have gotten away without doing so, but wasn't going to take any risks. Workout looked like this:

Free Motion Solo Lat Pull Downs: 90x25/120x25 (x7)/90x40/60x50
Free Motion Cable Fly Machine Lat Pull-ins: 150x25 (x4)
Standing Lat Bar Pushdowns: 60x25 (x4)/40x25
Seated Rows (Wide/Neutral Grip): 120x25 (x4)/90x25

(75 minutes)

Lap on the track between each set (aside from the final 2 sets of each, as that was a burnout with no rest) for a total of 2 miles speedwalked and sprinted the stairs up for the last 2 portions (as the Free Motion machines are upstairs where the track is).

Weight was barely scaled back at all and DOMS are more noticeable today than yesterday, but not unbearable at all.

Pre-workout was Max Reps + 3g beta alanine + 500mg COP + 400mg caffeine + 25mg ephedrine + 1 cap AlphaBurn.

My normal intra has been one scoop Compete + 5g taurine.

What I'll be doing from now on is taking the taurine along with the pre-workout mixture, but I forgot to do so on Tuesday, so I added it to the first scoop of Perform.

I mixed up the first scoop in a full shaker of water (and what ice was left over from the pre) and tried to finish it about halfway through to go back and refill and have the second scoop on the back end of the workout. The harder part for me is ever since I added in the stair sprints and laps, I basically don't take any time away from lifting or cardio and I normally only drink that one shaker worth of water. So this is more water for me (doing both scoops would be too concentrated for my liking) and I've gotta sneak off to the water fountain and my gym bag real quick to refill. Shouldn't throw too much of a wrench into things, though.

So far I will say that strength seems to have held well during the time off, but my endurance took a major hit (in terms of cardio; not banging out 25 reppers). The true test of strength will be next week when I'm doing heavy with low reps. Hopefully I'll get my lungs back quick.

I'm sitting at 236 right now -- let myself slide back up to where I was at the beginning of April during the off time with no activity and just eating what I wanted (stupid compression vest I had to wear hid any visible fat gain to me until it was too late). So I'm pushing to get back down to 220 and then some.

I have a monthly fire department meeting tonight, so I'll likely just bang out legs and arms both tomorrow since I only work a 5 hour day.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
take one full serving before even working out, and the other intra. That way you are not delaying that 2nd scoop until late in the cardio at the end of your workout.
GIve your body what it wants around training and to PERFORM at your best.

Give it a few days and really let the peak02 and perform shine. it will come very fast on you!

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Okay, so I forgot just how miserable the DOMS feels after a long break. Ugh.

I've been stuck with a few off days in between my lifting days because its been so bad I would barely be able to move to the 10's lol.

So, I've lifted Saturday, played basketball Sunday, and lifted again today. I mowed on Saturday and Monday, so got some additional cardio on those days.

I've been doing 1 scoop on the way to the gym and the other during and I very much enjoy it. Drank both scoops during basketball and wasn't winded at all. However, we also had 20+ people, so it was half court the entire 2 hours, unfortunately.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Any feedback on the product?
ANy feedback during your workouts?
Any thing to note on recovery, endurance, and performance with the product and compared to the past? Want to really get some feedback on the product and what you see and note during a workout
any increased reps, sets, weight, intensity techniques have been added?

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yes, I have feedback on all of it.

I was on my phone (as I am again now), so I was brief. I just wanted to make sure I bumped this.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Yes, I have feedback on all of it.

I was on my phone (as I am again now), so I was brief. I just wanted to make sure I bumped this.
no need to rush the updates. When you get to a computer that is fine!

p5sky

p5sky

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Im interested in how this treats you, looking to add it onto my Ironman training.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Any feedback Midwest? look forward to seeing what you have to say about perform!

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Any feedback Midwest? look forward to seeing what you have to say about perform!
Haha sure do, brother -- have some photos of my workout stats to upload in just a sec.

I'll explain in detail along with it, but these past few weeks have been very new to me.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
So here has been my workout history since coming off of surgery (first day of lifting was 3 weeks since the surgery date). The DOMS were so awful during that time that I ended up with (as you can see) extra days off in between lifts. It basically took me a full 2 weeks to get through one normal week of workouts with the extra days off. That rounded out my HVT (high volume) week and today started my Max-OT (heavy weight) week.

one.jpg

two.jpg

The DOMS have started to subside a bit. Again, it's hard to say what is coming from Perform and what's just nature taking course since I came off of 3 weeks off and literally had not taken longer than a 10 day break from lifting since age 20 (and I only did that maybe 3 times total).

What I have come to enjoy is drinking my pre-workout, then drinking my 1 scoop of Perform (Mango) + 5g taurine + 1 scoop Humapro (Pineapple) on the way to the gym. Then drinking my second scoop of Perform solo through the duration of the workout (and finishing it prior to finishing up my last station. The flavor of the pineapple Humapro with it is wonderful, btw. As someone who prefers to lift first thing in the morning without food, I really enjoy that (or just a BCAA mixture). With Perform and the amount of BCAAs you're getting it's not anywhere near as important as when I was doing a pre, then just drinking one scoop of Compete + taurine during my workout. But, I like it.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Awesome man.
Really looking forward to the feedback on:
performance
endurance
recovery
and day to day recovery once you start throwing in cardio too
really want to guage how things are on a workout and performance basis with the perform.
Rock it out.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Played ball for 1:40 straight today (only lost our final game and that was only because we didn't try). Absolutely exhausted but crushed it. Logged 4.1 miles on the Fitbit out there and 1500 cals burned.

Pre ball was CardioTryx 1 hour out and then 20 minutes out were Max Reps, 3g beta alanine, 500mg COP, 200mg caffeine, 25mg ephedrine, 15mg Cardarine (as usual).

Mixed a shaker of Perform + 5g taurine twice and finished with a 3rd of Compete and Taurine for the last 2 games. Each shaker lasted about 2 games -- I ran 6 or 7 I think.

Anyway, was very pleased to be back into it so well after my surgery break. Endurance was solid.

Flying out to Dallas in the morning and intend to hit chest tomorrow evening.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Looking forward to some feedback on the workouts.
What you experience during training and cardio when on perform compared to not on perform
what aspects you really notice (performance/endurnace) and how you can compare them to other intra-workout or bcaa products you have used in the past.
Anything you note (PR's, Less rest, less DOMS) etc would be a bonus man
look forward to the feedback.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Got back from TX late Friday night. The hotel had a solid gym so I got in 3 good workouts in addition to just a ton of walking.

I'll snap a pic of my workout notebook and show you the details.

As far as what I'm experiencing, it's all positive, but I can't honestly differentiate between this and my normal intra supplementation. The biggest variable is that I started this after 3 weeks of forced time off due to surgery. So this very well may have done more than Compete would have after the break, but I've never taken 3 weeks off before so I can't say.

Again, have been able to start back up at about 90% of my numbers from pre-surgery and already moving slowly back up. All good things.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Hows the feedback coming in here? Should be getting close to the end of your tub.
For a final review could you summarize the key points you noted during your run on perform?
Biggest attribute?
Biggest thing you noted in the gym?
What varied from your workouts since starting perform?

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
one.jpg

two.jpg

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Doesn't include this morning's arm workout (2 hrs. and knocked out 30 stair sprints / 3 miles on the track in addition).

As far as what I'm noticing, it's more of the same. All positive. I'll be out in probably 3-4 more workouts and then I'll truly be able to draw some conclusions as I transition into a few weeks of going back to Compete and then jumping back on Perform again. Looking forward to being able to narrow this down without a bunch of variables.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Okay, so Friday was my last workout with Perform. Saturday's lift went well and I had to knock out push mowing over an acre because we got slammed with storms today. I'll post the screencap of my day -- it was exhausting lol.

But all was good with the gym.

Today was basketball and my first day without Perform.

Now, it could just be because of how much I did yesterday or going no carb today. But my endurance was noticably worse. Out of breath VERY early on.

My guess is it truly was the Perform. I'll be doing 2 weeks without it and back to my old routine, then jumping back on. I will post a new thread for that and link this one for backstory. That should give me ample time to assess, but I'm leaning toward I'll be noticing a difference. And if so, I will have a new go-to intra and will fully endorse it.

Here's to 2 weeks!

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah...yesterday was rough lol

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Awesome... look forward to see what 2 weeks brings back on your old routine, and then back on perform.
Lets see how much this product really does without a long layoff!

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Okay, so by end of week, I'll be starting back up on Perform and adding in Flexatril, as well.

Here's the deal -- I actually don't tend to notice much negative impact in the gym without Perform. And my workouts are pretty intense (with a lot of stair sprints and laps in between sets -- basically zero downtime the entire duration). But this is 2 weeks in a row now that I have played basketball without it -- and it has been MISERABLE.

Legitimately have no idea how it could have made such a big impact, but it did. I'll put it to the test by using it next weekend, but I have a feeling my endurance will be back up. My body handles it just fine (e.g. no cramping or tired legs, etc.). But I just feel horribly out of breath. I'm a big dude (currently around 235 lbs.), but I pride myself in beating kids half my weight down the court on fast breaks. It's one of the few advantages I have (as I only played YMCA basketball when I was younger -- e.g. I was not good lol). But minutes into game 1 yesterday, with proper nutrition and hydration ahead of time, I just felt terrible.

So I'll be able to say 100% next weekend, but I'm 99% sure now that I have to switch over to this for cardio purposes alone. And I already utilize CardioTryx, even a low dose of Cardarine just pre-basketball, too. Still sucking wind without the Perform in the equation.

Did not expect to feel that way as I didn't notice as much of a difference in the gym. But I'll be happy to be wrong on that calculation if that sparks me back up next Sunday. Let the countdown begin, boys.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Already missing the perform and some aspects of it..
can't wait to see you 100% in full force with it!!

Xrkc6x

Xrkc6x

Awards
  • Established
maybe I am late but I was looking for a great source of bcaa/eaa and I have found a post of The Solution spooring/talking about how great xtend perform is so the first thing I have done is "following his advice" (as usual/as everybody should do here) now.... I bought 2x xtend perform, mango and cherry and I will add 2 scoops of it+half a scoop of glycofuse as my intra-wo drink, I cannot wait to test it based on the all reviews I read (thanks for posting that man) I will add it to my log and see how it will treat me.

I am wondering how it is the mixability and digestion of the product since my belly is very fussy with bcaas :)

thanks again!

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
We have not had a complaint about mix ability yet with perform mixes very easy

And as people know they are claiming black cherry and mango as 2 of our best ever made

4 more new flavors on the way

Xrkc6x

Xrkc6x

Awards
  • Established
We have not had a complaint about mix ability yet with perform mixes very easy

And as people know they are claiming black cherry and mango as 2 of our best ever made

4 more new flavors on the way
I was sure about it :) and I was sure about the flavours as well, that's why I went for both of them :)

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Mixability is great -- I use a shaker cup, but I don't know that it's even necessary.

You know how with some drinks, you'll have to shake in between uses? That's not the case with this. I shake it initially to mix it up and then I'm drinking it throughout my workout in between sets and I never have to do that or swish it around. It's great.

Xrkc6x

Xrkc6x

Awards
  • Established
guys..... just received and tested with water...

5oz + 1 scoop black cherry
5oz + 1 scoop mango

I have literally NO WORDS to describe how much I like them!!!!! mix ability is perfect and taste.... ooohhhhh taste.... it is like a gnummylicious treat!!!!!! oh man..... too tasty!!!! I love both! mango is like pink-ish and black cherry is like blue.... the powder I mean... both are great!

now, I will have my workout tonight, I will dose it like intra wo 2 scoops and 1 additional before my SSC sesh :)

good job for x-tend :)

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
guys..... just received and tested with water...

5oz + 1 scoop black cherry
5oz + 1 scoop mango

I have literally NO WORDS to describe how much I like them!!!!! mix ability is perfect and taste.... ooohhhhh taste.... it is like a gnummylicious treat!!!!!! oh man..... too tasty!!!! I love both! mango is like pink-ish and black cherry is like blue.... the powder I mean... both are great!

now, I will have my workout tonight, I will dose it like intra wo 2 scoops and 1 additional before my SSC sesh :)

good job for x-tend :)
1 pre 1 intra
no need to dose 3 scoops a day

Post in your log instead of clogging up midwest's