Regaining my alpha w/Alphamax XT

ryane87

ryane87

Awards
  • Established
Posting this in preparation of my log that is starting in a couple of weeks.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Sweet. In on this one.

ryane87

ryane87

Awards
  • Established
I have decided to start mt log on Monday instead. So, to begin...

About me: I am 36, married with 3 boys aged 11, 10, and 6. I was going to do a log about a year ago and I was layed off and couldn't go to the gym for about 6 or 7 months. I had unemployment, but not enough to eat the way I should.

My wife and I bought 2 acres of land in that time and decided to hell with it. I wasn't going to look for a job and we were going to redo the house that was on the property. We did EVERYTHING ourselves from pulling up the floor, tearing down the ceiling and the walls. We did the floor, walls, ceiling, electric, and plumbing ourselves. Here we are no rent or mortgage!

Training: I have lifted weights at various times during the last 19 years but didn't go consistently until I was 26. My first year I went from 160 to 185 and I didn't really know what I was doing aside from some of the information I took from Muscle and Fitness mags. I hurt my back my first year and was out for 4 months but came back stronger. I spent the next 18 months between 187 and 193 pounds and 6.5% to 9.5% body fat. I worked up to a 385 squat, 455 dead, and 265 for 2 on bench. Not impressive, but not too bad for not knowing what the hell I was doing!

The last 6 years we have spent in Texas. I have been bouncing in and out of the gym. 9 months at a time then job loss or injury. After this last hiatus my strength has not come back as fast as I was hoping. My body is in good shape. But strength, not so much. I don't follow a specific program because sometimes life happens. The basic breakdown
Monday: quad dominant, calves abs when I can get them in
Tuesday: chest, normally an incline movement
Wednesday: back. Start off with a row or pull up of some kind
Thursday: shoulders, traps, and tris
Friday: hamstring dominant. Some kind of deadlift to start. Also calves, abs. I also do bis when my elbow lets me

I will be more in depth with what I actually do on the individual days that I post. I wake up at about 5:30 in the morning to train. Maybe this log will encourage me to get up at 5 like I should be. I used to be an afternoon lifter, but life responsibilities mandate I go in early.

Supplements: Right now it is Fearn granules, which I am on my 5th or 6th tub. 2 tablespoons pre. Conqe3r Unleashed. FINALLY got to try this and I LOVE it. Bulk TMG. Half a serving of Orange Triad. Not enough money for all 6 pills a day! Haha

Diet: I eat 7 times a day. The only way I have been able to maintain and gain mass.
Meal 1: 1 scoop whey 1 cup skim milk.
Post workout: 1.5 cups oatmeal 2 cups skim milk 1 scoop whey 2 tablespoons all natural peanut
Meal 3: 3/4 cup oatmeal 5 oz or so turkey burger
Meal 4: same
Meal 5: fit crunch. CCCD = awesome
Meal 6: 2 slices whole wheat bread 5 oz or so turkey burger
Meal 7: 1 cup cottage cheese 2 tablespoons all natural peanut butter
It works out to 3295 calories, which helps me maintain 191 during the winter. Now, O work in a warehouse and sweat my ass off. I take in a gallon and a half of water at work. I will be adding in tablespoons of peanut butter to get at 3500 cals or more and try and get stronger and bigger.

Measurables: I am 6'2, 191 pounds. I started off as the skinny kid, weighing 155 at high school graduation. Still started at defensive end for a 4A school. Haha I have very long legs, so I generally just go below parallel instead of trying to find parallel. I had been working on my form to try and be more vertical and less hip and back dominant as my right hip has been giving me trouble. I will post pertinent measurables and hopefully pictures tomorrow as well.

I am getting excited!

Audioph1x

Audioph1x

Awards
  • Established
Subbed brother. What are your goals for this cycle?

ryane87

ryane87

Awards
  • Established
Subbed brother. What are your goals for this cycle?
My goals are to get that strong feeling back, maybe put on 2-4 clean pounds, and maybe lose lose 1-3 pounds of fat. A little recomp with some of dat dere strength on the side.

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
Sub'd. Awesome introduction man. Solid diet and realistic goals, I like it! Will you be running Alphamax XT for 4 weeks or 8?

ryane87

ryane87

Awards
  • Established
Sorry about the fuzziness....

ryane87

ryane87

Awards
  • Established
Sub'd. Awesome introduction man. Solid diet and realistic goals, I like it! Will you be running Alphamax XT for 4 weeks or 8?
8 good sir. I heard about it really shining beyond 3-4.

ryane87

ryane87

Awards
  • Established
It didn't upload my picture. I will try again Monday.

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
8 good sir. I heard about it really shining beyond 3-4.
I always recommend users to run Alphamax XT for 8 weeks if they can. The first month ramps you up, and the second month is glorious. I'm excited to see your progress in this log

ryane87

ryane87

Awards
  • Established
I will also have some random questions during this log and I will try to answer any questions you may have. Also, if anyone has any suggestions I am all about acquiring information and trying to put it to good use.

My question is for those of you using PA. I am on my 5th or 6th tub of 2 tablespoons pre. Did you see any improvement at all adding a tablespoon or 2 post or would it be negligible? The improvement would be so minimal that I might as well just keep doing what I am doing. Thanks again

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I finally decided to give AlphaMax XT a shot as well. Took my first dose today, and will be running 8 weeks as well. I'm kind of at the other end of adult life. 53 years old, no kids at home any more, but still working 60 hour weeks. I'm usually in the gym 5 - 6 times a week, mostly in the evening, but a few times in the morning due to work schedule. 6', 187 pounds, and would like to be down around 180 at the end of the 8 weeks without losing any muscle. Also curious about the PA questions you asked. I've been reading about it, but haven't taken the plunge yet. For this first run, I'll probably stick with what I've been doing. Creatine, protein for convenience, pre-workout and fish oil, just to see what the AlpaMax contributes.

Not trying to take over your log, just letting you know I'm right there with you. Hope it lives up to all the reviews I've read!

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
I will also have some random questions during this log and I will try to answer any questions you may have. Also, if anyone has any suggestions I am all about acquiring information and trying to put it to good use.

My question is for those of you using PA. I am on my 5th or 6th tub of 2 tablespoons pre. Did you see any improvement at all adding a tablespoon or 2 post or would it be negligible? The improvement would be so minimal that I might as well just keep doing what I am doing. Thanks again
Have you been noticing the 2 tbsp pre to be helpful? Taking an additional 2 post can be beneficial for some, but I only experiemented with it for a short period of time with minimal return on investment. I would much prefer to save those grams of fat for more enjoyable food (not sure if you track macros or not). For now, since you're adding Alphamax XT into the mix, I would stick to what you're doing and see what Alphamax does for you. If you change more than one variable you won't be able to know what delivered the benefit/result

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
I finally decided to give AlphaMax XT a shot as well. Took my first dose today, and will be running 8 weeks as well. I'm kind of at the other end of adult life. 53 years old, no kids at home any more, but still working 60 hour weeks. I'm usually in the gym 5 - 6 times a week, mostly in the evening, but a few times in the morning due to work schedule. 6', 187 pounds, and would like to be down around 180 at the end of the 8 weeks without losing any muscle. Also curious about the PA questions you asked. I've been reading about it, but haven't taken the plunge yet. For this first run, I'll probably stick with what I've been doing. Creatine, protein for convenience, pre-workout and fish oil, just to see what the AlpaMax contributes.

Not trying to take over your log, just letting you know I'm right there with you. Hope it lives up to all the reviews I've read!
Glad to see you're trying out Alphamax XT as well. At your age, from what I've read from user feedback, you're really going to enjoy the libido boost that it delivers. Props to keep a healthy body weight and staying in the gym. I know when you have kids and a full time job its so easy to fall off the wagon, so much respect for keeping consistent!

Similar to what I suggested for the OP, I would stick to what you're currently doing. Sounds like you have a solid workout plan and staple supplement stack. I wouldn't overcomplicate things for your first time using Alphamax XT. I think adding that in by itself will deliver great results and it'll certainly help you achieve your goals for the 8 week cycle

ryane87

ryane87

Awards
  • Established
Have you been noticing the 2 tbsp pre to be helpful? Taking an additional 2 post can be beneficial for some, but I only experiemented with it for a short period of time with minimal return on investment. I would much prefer to save those grams of fat for more enjoyable food (not sure if you track macros or not). For now, since you're adding Alphamax XT into the mix, I would stick to what you're doing and see what Alphamax does for you. If you change more than one variable you won't be able to know what delivered the benefit/result
I've noticed pleasant results from PA. I think your answer is kind of what I was thinking. The additional isn't worth the cost.

I do keep track of macros. When I get home I will post what they are for a typical day. I will say I do not fear any particular macro. Fat is your friend. Just making sure everything is cooperating.

ryane87

ryane87

Awards
  • Established

I hope you enjoy your run. I am almost certain I am going to enjoy mine! It has such a good profile.

THE MONSTAR

THE MONSTAR

Awards
  • Established
Interested in seeing how you respond to this stuff...subbd

ryane87

ryane87

Awards
  • Established
No real pertinent update. My gym isn't open today and my old gym is too far away. I did start dosing at 2 last night and 2 this morning as that is how I will be dosing for the duration of my run. Still trying to figure out the damn picture thing. If anyone has any help I would certainly accept. Haha

bighulksmash

bighulksmash

Legend
Awards
No real pertinent update. My gym isn't open today and my old gym is too far away. I did start dosing at 2 last night and 2 this morning as that is how I will be dosing for the duration of my run. Still trying to figure out the damn picture thing. If anyone has any help I would certainly accept. Haha
Photo resizer <--- exact name of app . Make pic 800 x 600 then upload

ryane87

ryane87

Awards
  • Established
ryane87

ryane87

Awards
  • Established
It said I do not have enough space. There are a ton of pictures on my phone. Problem is I don't know which ones I can delete. I will figure it out. My card says it has enough space, yet it isn't cooperating

ryane87

ryane87

Awards
  • Established
Alright. During this log I will be posting each workout. Tuesdays are chest day for me. I tend to lead off with a heavy incline movement whether it be barbell or dumbbell presses. 6 weeks ago I hit 190 lbs on barbell incline. Since then. I have been stuck with short workouts where I am trying to get through fast so I have been pre-exhausting with incline flyes. Well, I payed for that today as the combination of not doing heavy movements and getting generally bad rest lead to:
Barbell Incline Press: 190lbs for 5. 5! I haven't seen that sh*tty of a start since I moved up to that weight. I immediately said it is not going to work today and took weight off and just concentrated on feel instead of toiling away at that

Dumbbell Press: this is almost always my second movement on incline days. I always start off with 85s because they always tell me how it is going to be. I normally get 7 period. Sometimes they aren't very strong, sometimes I get more and move up the weight accordingly to how I feel. Today? Only 5 and they were a struggle. So I dropped down again.

Forward-leaning dips: 3 sets of 8 again below my standard.

Incline flyes: normally I do 40s and they again felt heavy. I stopped at 2 sets.

12 sets total and my body felt like doing NO work. I will get some extra sleep and hope the rest of the week is better

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Keep hitting it ryane. Seems a lot of guys get hung up on how much weight they can move, but I wouldn't worry about it too much at this point. Once you're able to get back in a steady routine, it'll all come back. When it's not going well,I think you're right to focus on form and feel. Lift your own lift and all that stuff. Nice thing about being 53 is that I've accepted that you kids can lift more than me, so it is what it is.

ryane87

ryane87

Awards
  • Established
Keep hitting it ryane. Seems a lot of guys get hung up on how much weight they can move, but I wouldn't worry about it too much at this point. Once you're able to get back in a steady routine, it'll all come back. When it's not going well,I think you're right to focus on form and feel. Lift your own lift and all that stuff. Nice thing about being 53 is that I've accepted that you kids can lift more than me, so it is what it is.
Appreciate the good words. Yeah it'll take a week or so to adjust.

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Anybody have any thoughts about taking additional Forskolin? I've ran it before and typically did 75mg with no issues. Any problem with adding an additional 25mg?

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Anybody have any thoughts about taking additional Forskolin? I've ran it before and typically did 75mg with no issues. Any problem with adding an additional 25mg?
I haven't done it for an extended period of time, but there have been days when I'd take 50mg/day from AlphaMax XT, and then more from 1-2 caps of OxyMax XT. I didn't use it as a fat-burner, more for the energy/focus, but that put me at 75-100mg on some days, and it was fine.

ryane87

ryane87

Awards
  • Established
That is what I have seen. People working up to 100 mg

bighulksmash

bighulksmash

Legend
Awards
I haven't done it for an extended period of time, but there have been days when I'd take 50mg/day from AlphaMax XT, and then more from 1-2 caps of OxyMax XT. I didn't use it as a fat-burner, more for the energy/focus, but that put me at 75-100mg on some days, and it was fine.
X2 on this ive used alphamax xt slinmax Cremax xt and oxymax xt as a nice little natty cut . No sides just real results.

ryane87

ryane87

Awards
  • Established
On Wednesdays I normally do back. Typically I do a row, a pull up, another row movement, and another vertical movement. Here lately I have been doing a lot of 1 arm movements. Meadows to start then I go into pull ups. 20+ behind the neck pull ups, 10+ to the front, and 10+ V-handle pull ups. Then back to one arm movements doing barbell rows with the bar on the working side. Then, one arm pulldowns. Normally over 100 reps, 14 to 16 sets. Then I finish up with facepulls.

Today I was pressed for time so it was barbell row/pull up superset. Then one arm row/pull up supersets. Just tried to get work in today. Weighed in at 190. I fluctuate from about 192-188. I weigh myself at the same time everyday. That is all

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
That is what I have seen. People working up to 100 mg
Anytime I use Forskolin I start 100mg from the get-go. More is better, but obviously has diminishing returns. If your stomach can't handle it, you're gonna be taking some watery dumps.

ryane87

ryane87

Awards
  • Established
Another update. Today is shoulder and tri day. I normally start with a press, whether standing barbell, standing dumbbell, or Z presses of some kind. Normally 6 sets or so. Then different kinds of side lateral movements. 3 or 4 sets. Then 2 or 3 sets of front raises. Then different types of shrugs for traps and various tri movements.

Today was abbreviated because I had to be into work early so I was up at 4:45. Standing dumbbell presses pyramiding up in weight to the 70s and then back down. Then 3 tri-set sets of rear laterals, side laterals, and front raises to maximize my time and pump. Then 3 sets of tricep dips, 3 sets of 45 degree lying extensions, 3 sets of cable pressdowns with the cambered bar. All tricep sets were down with 30 seconds rest between sets

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Noticing anything yet? I know you're only a week in, but I would thing your sleep would be getting better with the dose ZMA.

ryane87

ryane87

Awards
  • Established
I feel slightly more relaxed. Probably the ashwagandha. I am not expecting much only 4 days in. I need to get the wife to cooperate on the getting more sleep. 5 to 6:30 hours doesn't cut it for my age. Haha

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm a big fan of ZMA. Been taking it for the last few months (stopped when I started AlpaMax, since it's included) and really enjoy the quality of sleep. I do seem to wake up early (probably due to my age) but I sleep very deeply. Always wake up feeling refreshed, even on the nights with 6 hours of sleep due to a goofy work schedule. YMMV

ryane87

ryane87

Awards
  • Established
I am posting yesterdays workout as I did not have the time. Normally this is a hamstring focused day. I normally start with a deadlift or I do squats a second time for the week. My legs have lacked "pop" here recently. I was doing a 5x5 and I made it through 255 on squats with plates rattling each set. Tried to get 260 that Friday and got 4 on the fourth set. So I switched to madcow's 5x5 and started at 265 thinking lower overall weight moved would allow for a little better results. Worked to 275 which to me didn't seem like should have been very hard and I struggled for the 5 as my hip started giving me trouble again. So I started over a little bit and took weight off the bar and concentrated on more reps.

I did 8 sets of 2 with 225 on deads yesterday and then did 4 supersets of RDLs and leg curls. I worked up to 225 for sets of 8 with the RDLs and 110 for sets of 10 in the leg curl part of the superset. I need more of that hamstring development. I am trying to figure out what I can delete so I can post pictures.

Noticed effects: As I do not expect much just being a week in, I have noticed my skin feeling a little drier. Probably the abieto starting to do its thing. When I ran inhibit-e, I noticed the same effect at about the same time.

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
Nice update man. 5x5's always seem like fine until you get into the 4th and 5th set haha. Glad to hear you're feeling strong and seeing some slight benefits from Alphamax XT already. I really enjoy the improvements in rest and recovery I get when using it. At only a week in I'm interested to see how the next few weeks go

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Been hungry as hell the last few days. Not sure why, but it played hell with my diet Friday since I didn't take near enough food to work with me.

ryane87

ryane87

Awards
  • Established
Been hungry as hell the last few days. Not sure why, but it played hell with my diet Friday since I didn't take near enough food to work with me.
Haha....I feel your pain. I am ALWAYS hungry, though

ryane87

ryane87

Awards
  • Established
Sorry about not posting yesterday. VERY busy day. Monday is my quad dominant day. I have been working hard to reset my form and getting back to front squatting 225 for reps with no belt.

Front squat: 195x7, 205x5, 165x8x8 with one minute between sets on the last 2 sets

Paused front squats: 3 sets of 4 reps. 5 second pause between each rep. 120 pounds is the weight used each set

Leg press/leg extension superset: 4 plates each side x 12/ 105 pounds x 10, next 3 sets 5 plates each side x 12/ 105 pounds x 10, 9, 9

I normally try and do abs and calves but I was limited to 40 minutes.

ryane87

ryane87

Awards
  • Established
Work and life have kept me very busy!

Tues: chest. Incline barbell 190x7, 200x4. Dropped to 160 for 2 sets of 3 second pause presses for 4 reps each set

Dumbbell bench: 85x7, 90x6, 95x4, 65x12. Felt strong and like I could have got extra on the 85s and 90s

Reverse grip bench/chest dip superset: just stuck to 135 with 5 second negatives for 7 and the dips for 8. 2 sets like this

Incline flyes: 40s. 3 second negatives. 2 sets at 8 reps each

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Sounds like you have a busy life! I know you're only two weeks in, but are you noticing any effects yet?

ryane87

ryane87

Awards
  • Established
I am going to try and get this log caught up this evening!

Wednesday is back day and I started with Meadows rows. I really like this exercise. I worked up to 75lbs for 6 but my grip was TERRIBLE. I have neither chalk nor straps to assist with this exercise

Behind-the-neck pull ups for 9 and then rested 20 seconds and got 3 more. Then I got 6 and rested 20 seconds and got 3 more. I normally perform my pull ups with each set in a rest pause fashion once. I've always liked to do them this way. I then did 7 pull-ups + 3 and close grip pull ups with v-bar 4, 3, 3. My goal is 40 good pull-ups each back session

One arm row with barbell at my individual sides. I love this exercise as well. 75lbs for 3 sets of 8

One arm cable lat pulldowns. 3 sets of 10 each one really focused on the contraction

Low pully face pulls. 3 sets of 15

ryane87

ryane87

Awards
  • Established
Sounds like you have a busy life! I know you're only two weeks in, but are you noticing any effects yet?
I am noticing some increased aggression in the gym. I am almost starting to feel like I did just a few years ago and really just wanting to attack each day. I feel a little better in general even though not one day this week has included 7 hours of sleep. I really, really need to get this picture thing figured out. Haha