Performax Labs Natural Anabolic Beta-Test Log

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm fortunate enough to have been given the opportunity to beta test Performax Labs' Natural Anabolic Complex.

I've been using it for a few days so far, and have seemed to notice increased vascularity, especially post-workout (more vascularity and for a longer period of time).

I have been (and will continue to) log each workout I do, and post them up here, as that is a very good way to track progress. I typically use a spreadsheet on Google docs on my phone and plug in reps and weights between sets. I also keep track of rest periods, so the workout logs will be pretty detailed and valuable. I will post up the workouts I've already done while using the Natural Anabolic, as well as a few from before starting it so we have a baseline to start at and gauge progress.

As for pics, I plan on taking progress pics once a week, first thing in the morning. I will likely take pics in several various poses to see how I am progressing. I will also probably take some pics at other times, such as post-workout with a pump, and post them up as well.

As for specifics about my training:
-Work each muscle 2x per week
---Day 1: Chest, Back, Traps
---Day 2: Delts, Arms
---Day 3: Legs
---Days 4-6: Repeat 1-3
---Day 7: Rest

Calves and abs are worked between 3-6 days per week, depending on various factors.

I like to keep rest periods short (1 minute normally), and start my chest and back workouts off by alternating sets (1 set incline bench, 1 min rest, 1 set pull ups, 1 min rest, repeat, etc), then going to supersets.

I typically do 12-18 (normally ~15) sets for each body part, with the first exercise for each body part ending with a drop set.

Supplements I take now:
-HyperMax XT (new formula)
-PowerMax XT (updated CreMax XT)
-Lecithin Granules (3 tbsp; a staple for me)
-Vitamin D3 (4000 IU)
-Spirulina (4-8g)
-Microlactin
-Bromelain

Stats:
5'11"
21 years old
Low 150lb weight (~153 at start of log?)
---It may not mean anything, but I have never taken anything hormonal, so I can not compare this to something of that sort, so perhaps keep that in mind here.

I'm not really going to be maxing out, but my training logs will provide a good measure of tracking progression on various lists, particularly the lifts I tend to start my workouts with:
-Barbell Incline Press
-Wide Grip Pull Ups (often weighted)
-Barbell Shoulder Press (usually seated)
-Squats or Front Squats
-Standing Calf Raises

I'll post up some pics to get things started for now, along with past workout logs later. I think I'll take some progress pics either tomorrow or the next morning (no pump), and we will get things started in here!

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Already noticing some increased vascularity post-workout, such as on the front of my bicep here:

Post-workout back shot from a handful of days ago. Really focusing on traps and back thickness:

Taken post-workout a few days ago, noting nice vascularity:

I love this pose:

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Oh, and my legs. They need work, but they're growing:

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Had a good leg workout today. I've been finding that sticking to lighter weight/higher rep high bar squats, with constant tension (not quite locking out at the top) treats me well. Unlike when I go heavier with low bar, my lower back feels good, my quads get an incredible pump, and I seem to be making nice progress this way (perhaps it is just a result of my lower back feeling good and not hindering my workouts).

As for hamstrings, Romanian deadlifts are definitely my favorite exercise. Nice slow, controlled reps with relatively light weight (185lbs) today.

I'll post up workout logs soon.

As for what I noticed, I didn't feel winded/tired at all during squats today (normally I feel a bit winded between sets), and calf vascularity was very nice when I was working them. They're not big yet, but they're getting vascular, although I do think my leg hair is obscuring vascularity and/or definition on my entire legs.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Here are the past workout logs, if they're too hard to read, I'll upload clearer/bigger ones. I'll do a little explaining for some names and or executions of various exercises as well.

Today is Day 7 for me, so I'll have 1 week pics tomorrow, along with some analysis of workout logs and progression:

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Notes for workout logs.

The name of each sheet on the bottom is the date of the workout. The # in () is the workout:
1: chest, back, traps
2: delts, arms
3: legs

Plate Row/Pull is the plate loaded machine that is between a pull down and a row, like a 45 degree angle

Plate low row is seated plate loaded machine where handles are low in front of you.

Plate shrugs are plate loaded shrug machine, typically standing.

Seated DB ext is overhead

Cable Flex is basically front double biceps pose with cables.

Squats so far have been done high bar, with constant tension (not locking out or resting at top of rep)

DBI stands for dumbbell incline

SB is straight bar
EZ is the curl bar

RDL is Romanian deadlifts.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Friday (6/17) was first day I stated the Natural Anabolic.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Pretty jealous of your incline bench numbers.
Thanks man. Going for more today.

Also, sets with --- before the weight and reps represents a drop set. The set right above them is the start of the drop.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Had a great workout today. More weight and more reps on incline bench!

Note: * after bench set is set done with 4-sec negative, legs up, and squeezing the bar the entire set.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Weighed 154.8 with shorts and a shirt tonight after eating a ton of carbs. I'll see what I'm at tomorrow morning for the 1 week mark.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
1 WEEK UPDATE:

Morning weigh-in (completely empty stomach, first thing in AM): 150.8lbs

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
1 week photos. Taken in the morning with no pumping up:

Which style of front lat spread do you guys prefer?

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Today's workout. Got a nice pump. Shoulders felt pretty sore going into today's workout (likely from a very god incline session and trap work yesterday), so I didn't do too much volume.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Cable Pushdowns were done with one arm at about a 45 degree angle out and downwards, flexing my tricep at the end of each rep.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I was going to say something was off given your bench numbers lol
Haha, there's not a ton of room on the spreadsheet I use, and I know what it means, but other people would have no way of knowing.

Also, CG bench is close grip bench, done with elbows out and not quite locking out at the top.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Didn't get to the gym yesterday (I was helping family move some stuff), so I was planning on working legs today instead, but something I ate last night really messed with my stomach, and I didn't get good sleep and felt dehydrated this morning. I ended up taking a long nap and drinking plenty of water and Gatorade today.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Leg day today. Nothing crazy, but a decent workout.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hamstrings and calves are pretty sore today. I've been neglecting ab work lately, so I'm going to work abs more again.

I'm working chest today with a friend of mine I played football in HS with (he's playing defensive end in college now). He's 6'2" 250, I'm 5'11" 152, but I plan on keeping up.

Adizzle1

Adizzle1

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Awesome, great updates and looks like a nice jump in weight there as well!

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Decent workout today. Did my normal chest, back, and trap workout, but also added delts since I was working out with a friend who was doing them as well. I didn't quite get as many reps as I wanted on incline press, but I didn't really have much to eat at all before my workout, since my timing was thrown off a bit figuring out a time we could both lift today. Oh well, can't set PRs every workout.

On the plus side, my chest and back felt very full, and looked full and lean in the mirror, so that's always nice.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Explaining that spreadsheet a bit:

-The plate high rows was one initial set with 230 (just the plate weight), then two drops (180 and 90).

-Barbell bench press was done squeezing the bar, feet up, and 4-sec negatives.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I also played about 30-45 minutes of basketball post-workout. Nothing too strenuous, mostly just horse. After leg day yesterday, I couldn't quite touch the rim, haha. I was able to knock loose the balls that got stuck though.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Some afternoon pics. No pumping up, right after having some eggs, so excuse the stomach in some pics, haha.

Which style of front lat spread do you guys think works better for me?

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
1 scoop Orange CreMax XT + 4 tbsp Orange Gatorade powder + 3g leucine with 24oz water tastes pretty good! It'll be today's intra-workout drink (and probably my go-to intra-workout drink)!

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Didn't get to the gym today, but still got in a pretty good arm workout at home. I have 15lb and 10lb dumbbells, so I was able to hold one of each in each hand to essentially have 25lb dumbbells. However, using them this way makes it much harder than normal 25s, and I really focused on controlling the weights. I do this every once in a while, and it's a nice change of pace.

This is how I held the dumbbells:

The triceps pushups may be a little difficult to explain. Arms were shoulder width apart, and the focus was on doing all the work with the triceps; think like doing pushdowns (upper arms staying as close to parallel with your upper body as possible), but pushups I guess:

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Deadpool shirt

My muscles feel pretty full today.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I spent the last two days at the beach and on the water with my family in Naples Fl, so haven't been to the gym in a few days. I did play a game of basketball for some cardio last night though. It seems that my arms are staying more vascular throughout the day even on days I don't workout, and my appetite has been pretty strong over the past few days.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Had a good chest and back workout today after 4 days off in Naples.

Ended up running into a friend of mine at the gym who was also working chest, so I deviated a little from what I had planned, but still had a good workout. He's a bigger guy than me, so it's always nice to have someone to push you a bit.

Ignore the alternating sets for the first exercises, it was all sets of incline press, then all sets of high rows. About 1 minute between sets still, which means technically less rest between sets of incline bench than normal (alternating sets is closer to 2-3 minutes rest between sets of the same exercise), which may account for a bit less reps than I would have liked.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Also, I'm not sure if I mentioned it, but for exercises with "plate" in the name (plate high row, wide plate chest, etc), are the plate-loaded Hammer Strength machines, the the weight is just the total weight of the plates (ex: 2 45s and a 25 on each side would be 230).

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm a few days into the 3rd week, and hunger seems like it's been kicked up a notch the past few days. After eating a decent sized meal, I don't feel full, and usually feel hungry and ready to eat within an hour or two max.

I've had 1000+ calories post-workout so far and I'm still hungry.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Shoulders and arm workout done for today. Did it at home with the 15+10lb dumbbells and a bit of Bodyweight stuff. Got a really nice pump, and don't feel like I got a sub-par workout at all.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Had a great leg workout today. I'm still keeping the focus for squats on really maximizing the amount of work my quads are doing, so it's high bar, with pretty much constant tension, not resting at the top of the rep.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm a few days into the 3rd week, and hunger seems like it's been kicked up a notch the past few days. After eating a decent sized meal, I don't feel full, and usually feel hungry and ready to eat within an hour or two max.

I've had 1000+ calories post-workout so far and I'm still hungry.
I'm heading into the third week and have also noticed a steady increase in hunger the past two or three days.

High five for leg day, had hypertrophy leg training today myself!

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm heading into the third week and have also noticed a steady increase in hunger the past two or three days.

High five for leg day, had hypertrophy leg training today myself!
Appetite is definitely up. 1200 calories so far for dinner and I'm not full.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Rest day today, for the most part. Did a quick calf workout this morning in the house, and I'll probably do a bit of ab work later.

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Is there any cliff notes you could provide as to what you've noticed so far? Is your strength progression going as normal? Or do your reps feel more powerful, less "grindy", etc.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Is there any cliff notes you could provide as to what you've noticed so far? Is your strength progression going as normal? Or do your reps feel more powerful, less "grindy", etc.
Yeah, it's almost 3 weeks so far, after about 2 weeks, my appetite seems to have increased, and I've been very hungry lately. I've noticed increased vascularity pretty early on, and I feel like I don't get as tired/winded when working out, especially doing supersets with short rest periods. I'd say that strength progression is going better than normal, especially on incline bench, which is one of the main lifts I've been using to track my progress. Scale weight is also up a little bit, which is nice, and muscle fullness is also pretty good.