Performax Beta Anabolic testing, what does it contain??

Quads_of_Stee

Quads_of_Stee

Awards
Hey all. I've been using this product for the past couple of days and am throwing up a log. Going to take some pictures later today and get a somewhat decent before/after. All i have to say is that after these couple of days I am noticing slight more vascularity post workout (extended pump type of vascularity). Will be posting my workouts / rough nutrition also!

Current weight: 198lbs 5'11" morning weight w/ small breakfast

Bradftw

Awards
So your taking something when you have no idea what it is? Theres no ingredient profile at least of what you received?

Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
ohh lol i see. didnt see the official thread for it.
Kinda unnerving, I agree. But sponsored logs tend to be extremely biased. By not knowing the ingredients, it's awful hard to skew the results or provide biased feedback. If something has beta alanine at .000005mg, most sponsored logs will comment on how crazy the tingle is at such a low dose and how they've never used BA but have an immediate 750% increase in strength and endurance. Lol

Bradftw

Awards
Kinda unnerving, I agree. But sponsored logs tend to be extremely biased. By not knowing the ingredients, it's awful hard to skew the results or provide biased feedback. If something has beta alanine at .000005mg, most sponsored logs will comment on how crazy the tingle is at such a low dose and how they've never used BA but have an immediate 750% increase in strength and endurance. Lol
I see where your coming from, but i feel the same could be said with not knowing ingredients. lol put a bunch of bunch of agmatine in a capsule and everybody will be saying this stuff is amazing and then the label comes out and theyll be looking stupid. Idk either way you will have people who respond better to certain things than the next guy.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I see where your coming from, but i feel the same could be said with not knowing ingredients. lol put a bunch of bunch of agmatine in a capsule and everybody will be saying this stuff is amazing and then the label comes out and theyll be looking stupid. Idk either way you will have people who respond better to certain things than the next guy.
Research has shown that things as seemingly trivial as the color of pills influences user perception. If you don't think that telling someone the ingredients is going to influence them to, at the least, look for certain changes/effects, I don't know what to tell you man.

Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Luckily I'm colorblind so that won't be an issue whenever mine arrives.

Quads_of_Stee

Quads_of_Stee

Awards
So your taking something when you have no idea what it is? Theres no ingredient profile at least of what you received?
Honestly, yes. It does seem unnerving but at the same time this is from the company that I rep for. If I didn't believe in the company, it's products, and trust what Performax puts out there'd be no point in repping for them right? We asked about possible allergy / health effects (in regards to adverse reactions) and got told that there was nothing that would happen.

Workout:
Today was a pretty easy day as it's between my heavier days.
Sumo Deads 355 5x5 Speed Pulls
Pull Ups BW 5x10
Leg Press 400lb 3x8 (focusing on slow controlled reps)
Lateral Fly / Shoulder Raise 30lb DB 4x12
Face Pulls 60lb 4x30 for rotator / shoulder cuff work

Nutrition (as per MyMacros+)
Daily Totals
Calories 2129.5
Total Fat 57.5
Saturated Fat 3.75
Monounsaturated Fat 3.75
Polyunsaturated Fat 9
Cholesterol 107.5
Carbs 221
Fiber 12.5
Sugar 23
Protein 182
Sodium 966
Overall I did fall 50g short of carbs and fats are a little lower than expected, but I did also skip cardio for general health.

Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
There are very few (under 10) companies I would ever blind beta test for. Performax is one

Is MM+ better than MFP?

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Even though a lot of the current logs are reps, if you guys are meticulous enough, we should be able to really see if it's doing anything or not.

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Just about every sponsored log literally spits out the "companies claims" for their own products. There have been some of the most ridiculous claims in these sponsored logs that pretty much have convinced me to completely ignore sponsored feedback. Nothing sucks more than when you believe a sponsored log then get nothing. Even worse is when people in PMs who log these products actually tell you that the product was garbage, yet in their review they give it a stellar 5/5.

Quads_of_Stee

Quads_of_Stee

Awards
There are very few (under 10) companies I would ever blind beta test for. Performax is one

Is MM+ better than MFP?
MM+ is more convenient for me, as I also use AvatarNutrition for my nutrition. I know Layne personally, and while I do disagree with a lot of his ideology, I do trust his nutrition expertise. Plus it contains a lot of recipes lol. Overall for being a paid app it provides better UI but MFP is free and does the same thing essentially

Side note: My macros are calculated at "Active Goal: 191P | 325C | 84F" and I do munch on gummies here and there that aren't fully included in the MM+ log because its literally a couple pieces here and there even though they do add up lol, which is why I stated i was ~50g short only. Today was just crappy nutrition day as I didn't have time to cook :(

Morning edit: coworked ended up bringing in doughnuts for the closing shift and I ended up eating a boston creme. Definitely hit those 50g carbs and a few fats lol

Quads_of_Stee

Quads_of_Stee

Awards
Easy light bench work today:
300 5x2 3s Pause Bench
265 4x4 Wide grip pause bench
140 3x12 Close-Row grip lat pulldown
140 3x12 Wide grip lat pulldown
160 3x12 high row
70 3x12 Single Arm Row

Have not noticed anything super crazy yet. Just slight hunger increase

Quads_of_Stee

Quads_of_Stee

Awards
Sundays are off days, and saturday was nothing noticeable.

Workout
Squat 365 5x1
BB Bench 280 5x4
Towel Press / single board press 335x1, 280 3x4
PullUps 5x8

Observations
Ate more carbs than usual and did see an increase in vascularity and muscle endurance. it was small but slightly there. Could've been in my head so I'm going to try again next week(same workout, same nutrition)!

Quads_of_Stee

Quads_of_Stee

Awards
Absolutely killed it yesterday for some reason, just felt in the zone completely.
Workout
Squat 405x2, 365 3x5
Sumo Pulls 405 5x5 (this was a bit rough towards the end)
Leg Press 400lbs (just 4 100lb plates) 3x15

Today my legs are pretty damn sore. Not a lot of work but got some heavy volume in and it felt goood! Also worth mentioning this is the first time in three months I went 405 for squat. Took off three weeks from the gym completely and I've been trying to get my strength back and it seems it just came back baby!

Quads_of_Stee

Quads_of_Stee

Awards
Still feeling good. Diet is in order. Fat loss is the same as it has been, so nothing new there. I am noticing increased vascularity post-workout for longer than usual. Not only that but I seem to get pumped easier, say from just carrying groceries (my girls commented on this one).

Workout 7/1
Sumo Pull up to 440x1 @ RPE 8
Sumo Pull Backoffs 405 3x3
Deficit Conventional up to 375x4 @ RPE 8
Deficit Backoffs 355 3x5

just kept it easy deadlifts and doing more accessory work tomorrow!

Quads_of_Stee

Quads_of_Stee

Awards
Took the weekend off and I felt amazing today!

Workout
Squat up to 440single @ RPE 8.5, 365 3x6
Competition Bench up to 345 single @ RPE 8.5, 285 4x6

I was wiped after this. Heavy volume work had me dead but I do feel like I gave it my all. Everything is same as previously reported

Quads_of_Stee

Quads_of_Stee

Awards
Ended up getting a small workout in yesterday, nothing crazy just a simple squat bench dead to get the blood flowing and my body used to the weights. Overall it felt really good, but with life I've been busy and have not had a lot of time to fully dedicate to lifting. Next week should be good and fun though!

Quads_of_Stee

Quads_of_Stee

Awards
Hey guys sorry for the lack of updates, I am doing a major relocation from the East coast over to the West coast, and packing things / taking care of all my affairs is taking up a lot of my free time. I have been getting workouts in and this will be a more detailed update.

Update:
Vascularity: I have noticed this a lot lately. I currently reside in Florida so the weather outside is always blazing hot, and vascularity is always there simply because I am always sweating/hot from this weather. However, I've had a few days off in my room (with AC) and my vascularity is showing a lot. It barely takes anything to have my veins pop out. Not only that but after getting my workout done, the vascularity tends to stay more pronounced for another hour and half compared to usual!

Endurance: Definitely gone up in these past 3 weeks. I did start changing my cardio and adding in 15 extra minutes of continuous elliptical (before work for heart health reasons, not body comp) so part of this is attributed to the extra cardio. However, from the start intra-workout recovery has been increased. Sets that used to take 30minutes to finish started taking 28,27, and now at about 25minutes. This reduced my total workout time by 15 minutes!

Weight / Body comp: Current weight : 205lbs +- 3lbs for water (depending on time of day etc. This was measured at a Dr office as I just had a physical done. This means I have gained 7lbs of lbm total(4/5lbs when accounting for water consumption). I don't feel any bigger per se, and it's a very subtle weight increase, I can't even tell where it went to lol.

Strength: Been killing it on my workouts lately. However, lately I have been pushing myself harder than the RPE 8 I should be doing, and rather going at RPE 9/9.5 for the past 4 weeks (a bit before this log too). This has added more tonnage and volume than what I would be programmed at. I have been eating a lot more, using Avatar Nutrition to calculate my Macros, and MyMacros+ to track them. (I recommend both, $12/month for a diet "coach" is very well worth it!)

Adizzle1

Adizzle1

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Great update, as far as the weight gain thats awesome and it sounds like its likely due to the increase in muscle fullness and even size, which is likely why its harder to notice in one specific area, your likely just evenly bigger overall which may be harder to pinpoint but should be noticeable in the mirror and sounds like your staying lean with the increase in vascularity!