Road to recovery with Formutech's Test-RX

blueline438

blueline438

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
First off a huge shout out to Formutech for giving me the opportunity to run Test-RX. I am so thankful.

Background:
Recently I broke my hand and damaged some tendons. I had to have surgery and I've not been right since. I'm in a cast and I have 12 more days as of right now in it. Since the incident I have not been all there. I feel weak, depressed, unmotivated and just less of who I used to be. I've worked out once since the injury and its time for a change. I'm tired of being this blob with a silly broken hand.

Plan:
I will be taking test rx twice daily. Once in morning and once in the evening. I'm hoping that it will give me that boost I need. I will be working out at least three days a week and running atleast two. I will be cutting my carbs and my sweets for the next two weeks. I've already lost ten pounds since my injury. I want to cut a little fat so when my cast comes off I can start hitting it harder. My workouts are limited as I don't have much strength in my right hand. I can't hold much and with the cast on I can't move it much. However when the cast comes off I can do light weights. So the plan is to blow past that high rep range and into the ridiculous rep range. I'm wanting to get cut up.

I have high hopes for test rx. I need an increase in my drive. So buckle up. It's a long road to recovery and hopefully this will take some time off that trip.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Sweet! In to see how you like it!

blueline438

blueline438

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
So day one.

Took one pill this morning and one this evening. First I notice is the size. Holy crap. These are huge. I already know I'm gonna hate taking these. I think I'd rather take two at a time than just one of these. They are not tasty either. So down the hatch they go. Tomorrow ill get up early and go for a run.
Day one done. Twenty nine to go.

NurseGray

NurseGray

Awards
So day one.

Took one pill this morning and one this evening. First I notice is the size. Holy crap. These are huge. I already know I'm gonna hate taking these. I think I'd rather take two at a time than just one of these. They are not tasty either. So down the hatch they go. Tomorrow ill get up early and go for a run.
Day one done. Twenty nine to go.
LOL Yea I had a slight issue with the taste at first as well. But with my morning shake I can look past it for the benefits its giving me.

blueline438

blueline438

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
LOL Yea I had a slight issue with the taste at first as well. But with my morning shake I can look past it for the benefits its giving me.
Most definitely

blueline438

blueline438

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Day two.
Didn't run today. But I did make it to the gym. I didn't sleep last night and I had a rough day. I needed some gym time. Lack of sleep is unrelated to the test rx.
Did legs today in the gym. Weighed in at a low weight of 172. Lowest I've been in a long long time.

Front squat
135x5x4
185x5x1
Leg press
225x12
315x10
225x12
Calf raises
135 till Failure x 3

Lots of abs
Pec flyes for fun

cobri66

cobri66

Awards
Sweet!..in for this log!..

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Im in to follow man!

ManimalPatB

ManimalPatB

Awards
In for this!!! Can't wait to see what you think!!!!

blueline438

blueline438

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Days 3 & 4

So far I don't feel any different. I take one first thing in the morning and the other some time in the evening around 12 hrs later. I'm trying to make it so I take it every 12 hours. That way it's consistent.
I haven't noticed a change in anything. But, I am starting to feel a little more "uppity"
I have a little more energy and I'm starting to feel "better". Not sure if it's related or not. Nothing has really changed at home so maybe it's starting to take effect.

No workouts on days 3 & 4. Just no time. However I finished my last coke and threw out my last sugary snack. I'm hardcore in my diet now.

Workout today for day 5. I'll get a pic so we can track progress. Stay tuned.

blueline438

blueline438

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Day 5
Took my morning dose. It's getting a lot easier to take that pill.
Got a great workout in. Was able to do some back. Did most of my back stuff using my fingers to hold the bar. I can't quite grasp the bar in my cast. But I feel so good right now. Great workout.

hack squat
135x12x2
225x10
315x5x4
365x5
Front squat
135x10
Barbell row
45x12x4
65x10x2
Close grip parallel pull down
50x15x3
60x15x2
Tri press down (rope)
50x20x3
Hanging ab twists
2 sets failure
Barbell curls with just the bar.
2 sets to get blood flowing

I took a post gym pic to post but it says the file is the wrong size. I'll figure that out and post it later.

blueline438

blueline438

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Today I'm noticing an increase in appetite. I can not eat enough. Which is not good as I was hoping to cut up a bit. Hmmm. I may need to bulk instead.

ManimalPatB

ManimalPatB

Awards
Today I'm noticing an increase in appetite. I can not eat enough. Which is not good as I was hoping to cut up a bit. Hmmm. I may need to bulk instead.
hahaha it all depends on what you're eating!!!!

I notice that when I am a cut I am constantly more hungry then when I am bulking. So pickles and diet soda have been my savior recently

blueline438

blueline438

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Today is day 10. I'm already a third of the way through. I've gotten a few light lifts in and a couple small runs. I'm not noticing any drastic changes. However, I do have more energy during the day and my appetite is still high.
I've been very busy at the house and haven't been able to get real gym time. You'd think being in a cast I would have all kinds of free time but between all the kids, the car problems, and the minor home issues I'm always busy.
So far I'm liking the product. I get my cast off Friday. The real work will start then.

MARK_

MARK_

Awards
In!

bighulksmash

bighulksmash

Legend
Awards
Today is day 10. I'm already a third of the way through. I've gotten a few light lifts in and a couple small runs. I'm not noticing any drastic changes. However, I do have more energy during the day and my appetite is still high.
I've been very busy at the house and haven't been able to get real gym time. You'd think being in a cast I would have all kinds of free time but between all the kids, the car problems, and the minor home issues I'm always busy.
So far I'm liking the product. I get my cast off Friday. The real work will start then.
Glad to hear !!!

blueline438

blueline438

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Things are definitely kicking in! Yesterday I had a great day. I felt energized and strong. I did my first chest day yesterday. First round of flat bench in two months. I could only do 95 on the bench. Because of my cast I couldn't grip the bar properly and my rom was weird. But I was able to find a grip and Knock out 5 sets of 20. The Palm section of my cast started bending and twisting so I had to stop. I did a few sets on the hammer strength, a bunch of cable flyes, barbell rows, lay pull downs, abs, and tri extensions.
I am so sore this morning. It feels awesome! I miss this feeling.
Today I'm gonna try some deadlifts after my squats. All I'm gonna do is squats and abs.

blueline438

blueline438

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Thanks for joining guys!

blueline438

blueline438

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Just got back from the gym. I ended up doing a strong lifts routine. Squat, military press, deads. I had a great lift. I'm keeping my rest time down too.
Hack squat
135x10
225x10
315x5x5
385x5
Military press
65x10x3 (don't judge me. That was as much as I could support in my cast.)
Deads
135x10x3
Sumo
135x10

135 was really light for me but it was all I could hold. My right hand started giving out around rep8. It's really sore now. Because i couldn't really grip the bar I was doing this weird finger tip grip. All in all a great lift.
Test rx is in full swing. I told my buddy at the gym about and he's gonna get some too.

ManimalPatB

ManimalPatB

Awards
Nice!!!!!! Look at that leading friends to get on the Test-RX train!!!!

I would never judge anyone trying to get it in with a cast on!!! Keep killing it the best you can

cobri66

cobri66

Awards
Like that you're repping product already

blueline438

blueline438

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I'm repping the product already cause it's day 13 and I know it is doing what it's supposed to. I'm more energetic, my appetite is back, I'm recovering well, and my drive is back.

Got my cast off today and things are not as well as I was hoping. 15 degree Rom extension, 20 degree rom flexion, 15/15 degree side to side, 85 degree pronation, 60 degree supination. So basically I can't move my hand. I start occupational therapy next week.
This sucks. I was hoping that I would be a lot further along. I can still lift as long as I wear my brace. I'll try to do some things wearing my wrist wraps and see if that's enough support so i can grip the bars better.

blueline438

blueline438

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Here's a post gym Selfie from the other day.

ManimalPatB

ManimalPatB

Awards
Great work man!!!!

blueline438

blueline438

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
So this morning I got up early and fought the rain to the gym. When I got there I realized what today is. 4th of July. Mother f son of a cow lovin gosh dangit. It's like a freaking monsoon here. I'm not that dedicated to run in it either. I'll just do a bunch of sit-ups this afternoon during nap times.

So far I have seen no other changes since starting. Im more than two weeks in and i think I've reached the peak. My appetite is ferocious. Which I'm happy about. I'm more energetic throughout the entire day. I'm feeling better as a person in general. And my "drive" is back. All I wanna do now is eat and screw. Lol.

cobri66

cobri66

Awards
So this morning I got up early and fought the rain to the gym. When I got there I realized what today is. 4th of July. Mother f son of a cow lovin gosh dangit. It's like a freaking monsoon here. I'm not that dedicated to run in it either. I'll just do a bunch of sit-ups this afternoon during nap times.

So far I have seen no other changes since starting. Im more than two weeks in and i think I've reached the peak. My appetite is ferocious. Which I'm happy about. I'm more energetic throughout the entire day. I'm feeling better as a person in general. And my "drive" is back. All I wanna do now is eat and screw. Lol.
Lol

ManimalPatB

ManimalPatB

Awards

Hell to the YEAH!!!

I totally understand about the gym being closed on the 4th. This year I had forewarned myself that it was going to be closed so I didn't even try to go to the gym lol

EAT and SCREW....THAT should be on the bottle as well

blueline438

blueline438

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Hell to the YEAH!!!

I totally understand about the gym being closed on the 4th. This year I had forewarned myself that it was going to be closed so I didn't even try to go to the gym lol

EAT and SCREW....THAT should be on the bottle as well
Usually I'm working so I know what day it is and what's going on. Since I've been off for so long everything is running together

NurseGray

NurseGray

Awards
Eat and screw. What else is their in life? My wife has been having trouble keeping up as well. Enjoy the wave. Its a BIG one (see what I did there)

blueline438

blueline438

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Small workout today. Wore my brace. Still have a lot of pain in my wrist but each day it gets a little better. Mobility is still nonexistent. No lift tomorrow. Maybe I can squeeze one in on Friday. Schedule should get some normality back next week.

I find myself wanting to take these gargantuan pills now. *open mind for placebo effect talk*
I feel tired and grouchy when I'm late taking the pill. I feel like after I take it I'm happier and full of energy. *end talk*
Lol think that has anything to do with a placebo effect?

Robert5891

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Eat and screw. What else is their in life? My wife has been having trouble keeping up as well. Enjoy the wave. Its a BIG one (see what I did there)
HAHAHA!!!

Sleep, maybe?!

cobri66

cobri66

Awards
MARK_

MARK_

Awards
It's pretty amazing what you have accomplished with a cast and now continue to do with it off. With your commitment, you should have great recovery from your surgery. The TestRX seems to be doing its job very well.

blueline438

blueline438

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Thanks MARK_

I've only lifted once since my cast came off. The entire week has been pretty much dedicated to recovery. I don't think I've ever pushed myself so hard. I'm trying to get a good place before I start therapy on Monday. I'm working my hand so hard that i start wincing and breaking out in a sweat. I'm trying to keep my brace off as much as I can now. There are just times though that I've worked it to hard and it needs a break. So the brace goes on.

I'll be honest. I don't think I'd be in the right mindset if it weren't for the test rx. I know that sounds silly. But I honestly feel like it's working. I was so depressed and mopey. It's like it kickstarted my mojo again.

Oh and since I've started taking two of my buddies at work said they ordered a bottle. So that's cool.

ManimalPatB

ManimalPatB

Awards
Look at that man, changing lives one bottle at Test RX at a time!!!!

blueline438

blueline438

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
So today I had an awesome workout. I lifted with no brace. I did use my wrist wraps though cause I still have no mobility and I need to completely support my wrist. I did real squats today too. It felt so good.

Squats
135x10x2
225x5x1
315x5,4,3
135x10
Bench
95x15-20x5
Barbell row
135x5x3

Tri extensions
60x12x4
Dumbell curls
20x10x2

Abs

Squats were heavy. But I haven't done that much real weight in such a long time. Bench was really heavy. Not really. My left side and my chest felt great. It felt awesome to get that blood flowing. But that weight in my right hand was awful. I could barely hold it and when I was it hurt. Not bad. But still hurt. The barbell rows were bad too. To much weight to soon. Next time I'll do a lot less.

Started therapy today too. This is going to suck. Also learned something else crappy. I've never had a lot of grip strength. A lot more in my right hand than in my left. Tested that today. Left hand is around 90lbs. Right hand. A whopping 26 lbs. ugh.

cobri66

cobri66

Awards
Injuries are such a buzz kill...hoping you keep progressing

blueline438

blueline438

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Good news is therapy went well and the therapist said I'll definitley be 100%. He goes to the same I gym I do and remembers me. Not a lot of people there at 530. Said he remembers what kind of weight I throwing around and said I'll definitley be back there. Eventually.

cobri66

cobri66

Awards
Good news is therapy went well and the therapist said I'll definitley be 100%. He goes to the same I gym I do and remembers me. Not a lot of people there at 530. Said he remembers what kind of weight I throwing around and said I'll definitley be back there. Eventually.
That's encouraging..

blueline438

blueline438

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I had a beast of a workout today. I feel amazing. Felt lots of energy. Hand hurt quite a bit but I was able to tone it out. All squat racks were taken when I got there so I had to start with military press.
95x5x4
95x10

Wide lat pull down
80x10
90x10
100x10x2

Squats
135x5
225x5
225x5 full seated/stop
315x5

Tri extensions
Different weights ranging from 40-100 for a few sets.

Deadlifts
135x5x2
185x5
Sumo
185x5
225x5

I felt really good doing deads today. I felt really strong. I can grab the bar a lot easier in the sumo position and was able to do more weight. I think I'll stay at the 225 range for a couple weeks. I don't want to hurt anything. Doc said to becareful cause I could rip the anchor right out of the bone and need surgery again if I go to hard.

When I was doing tris I can't go a full 90 degree pronation or supination with my right hand so I had to becareful when doing the tri extensions but I was able to get several good slow concentrated sets. Overall it was a great lift day. I'm super sore now :)

cobri66

cobri66

Awards
Ugh!..ripping anchor makes me hurt

blueline438

blueline438

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Yea. But what's cool is it's called a juggernaut anchor. Lol. Makes me part mutant right?

cobri66

cobri66

Awards
No better anchor for a weightlifter I suppose

blueline438

blueline438

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I'm getting near the end of the bottle and I'm starting to get frustrated and angry. It's not the products fault. Test rx is well exceeding my expectations. The idea of the run was to help me recover. And it is. Each day I'm getting better and my hand is getting stronger each day. I'm just so frustrated with people around me. I've lost a lot of weight and I'm turning all "dad bod". It's no ones fault but my own. I've worked so hard for so long to have my size and I walked proudly. Now I'm concealing it. Today someone told me how small I look and that they've never seen my shirts fit "normally". My heart fell and my mental state with it.

I'll go take my last pill for the night and go to bed. Starting tomorrow I start 5 day a week lifting and 2 days cardio. I'm done. Test rx has gotten me to the point of being ready grow again. Screw taking it slow.

blueline438

blueline438

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Start to the day.

I need to slow way down. That mile kicked my arse.

MARK_

MARK_

Awards
Don't let the comments get you down. You are plugging away nicely. You will be back where you want to be before you know it

blueline438

blueline438

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
So I had a great workout this morning. I've started working on a mass building plan. Chest and tri day

Db incline
35x12
45x12x2
Cable flyes
50x3x12
Flat bench
95x12
105x12
135x12x2
Pec deck
80x10x3
Ez bar push down
90x12x3
Rope extensions
50x3x12
Db overhead extensions
40x12

My hand was hurting a lot but not as much as normal. 135 isn't a lot on bench for most people. But it felt really good. My hand handled it really well but got really fatigued around rep10. Overall really good day.

blueline438

blueline438

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
So here's my day so far. It's only 630
Can't sleep last night. I'm up every hour tossing and turning. Finally it's time to get up cause the gyms open. Get up go downstairs and step in dog pee cause I forgot to put the dog up. My normal gym is closed this week for some stupid annual "shut down". So I go the university's rec center. I'm a student so no big deal I went yesterday. Today they say I'm expired and its 40$ a session to access their facility. I'm not allowed in since I'm taking fall classes. I can only access it in the fall. "Well I got to lift yesterday." "They should have told you then. We can't let you in."
Now I'm going home. All jacked up on c4 and pissed off.

cobri66

cobri66

Awards
Damn..those days are the worst

ManimalPatB

ManimalPatB

Awards
Damn that sucks. Ive had that happen in the past but if you are still an active student I don't see why they are being so hard on you.

Sorry man