ma70's Iron Legion Invictus Log (Unsponsored)

Page 1 of 3 123 Last
  1. ma70's Iron Legion Invictus Log (Unsponsored)

Summer is pretty busy so I definitely will not be able to be as detailed as I usually like to be. This ingredient is pretty old after doing a lot of research, and since it's backed by both CEL and Iron Legion (as well as a LOT of anecdote) I am sure it will be effective. Either way, I'm very sensitive to both estro and cortisol sides (almost every AI/cortisol control I've tried roasts my joints easily). Doing some research on PHF, etc. I am told that this doesn't really crush cortisol and it is supposed to just negate the negative effects of cortisol according to Patrick Arnold (don't quote me on this for sure), so I chose this instead of all the other options out there (not that there is anything wrong with them, but I don't need my cortisol dropped). I find unsponsored logs with minimal stacking to be the best on giving actual information on supplements, especially ones that aren't currently popular and used by many people, so hopefully this log can help people on the fence, etc.

My supplement "stack" for this log will be the following:

SNS Caffeine (200mg)
    SNS Creatine (5g)
    Vitamin D3 + K2
    Fish Oil (6g for this log, I usually run this at 2-3g)
    EvoMuse Gut Health
    Iron Legion Invictus (1 mL)

I will be doing a Texas Method style of working out as it's just the program I have currently been doing for now and I'm sticking to it to see any changes. I'll comment on effects on sleep, mood, fat/weight loss, joints, etc.

Maintenance Calories (specifically on a 3 day/week program): ~2900-3100
    Caloric Aim (every day, no carb cycling or anything special): ~2300 calories, will adjust if weight loss is too quick
    Current Weight: 202.8
    BF: No idea. In good lighting on a normal day I can see my top 4 abs easily.

My diet style is mostly the same thing every day. Sweet Potatoes/White Rice, Chicken Breast, Lean Beef, Broccoli, and protein shakes (PES Select/MyProtein). I follow intermittent fasting (12/12) in which I am fasted when I workout, and my interval is usually between when I workout and 12 hours later.

@IronLegion

Today starts my first dose. I am doing some fasted cardio because the gym is closed today. I will be dosing 1mL in the mornings post-workout (or just in the morning) on my upper chest/shoulders/clavicle/neck region.

BOTTLE 1 FINAL REVIEW:
    Okay, I've already rambled on in the thread enough so first, we will start with lists.

PROS:
    - After 1.5 weeks, I've had the best sleep of my life. This is superior to the old sleep stack combo I had which consisted of 100mg L-Theanine, 500mg Relora, and 100mg 5-HTP
    - Feelings of relaxation (sort of absent minded kind of feeling)
    - Possible body composition improvements
    - Impulse/hunger control while in a decent deficit

CONS:
    - Lethargy. As expected of DHEA/DHEA metabolites, a person who's "relatively young" (26) should generally feel lethargy from these kinds of compounds
    - Acne. At first, I thought this may have been in my head until I realized there are some bits of info that say that while this may lower total test, it increases the amount of free test. Getting acne on my chest and back are very rare. Even random pimples on my legs.

I went down from around 202 to 196 in 3.5 weeks (the bottle lasted 24ish days). Combined with the fact that my diet was not 100% on point on weekends and the fact that I still managed to get some good strength progression out of the Texas Method, this is pretty nice. I recommend this for people who have a lot of visceral fat, or for people with low diet control in regards to cravings. I wouldn't call this appetite suppression....but it just makes me think less about the "good foods" I am missing out on. I've tried intermittent fasting (which I still do) and eating lots of veggies with lots of water, but this supplement definitely made the difference in regards to next level hunger/craving control.

•   

2. Following!
    WWW.IRON-LEGION.COM

Iron Legion Company Representative

3. In!
    Iron-Legion.com

Virtus & Invictus - Changing The Standard!

4. Today's workout went normal as expected. Nothing to really notice in terms of anything, other than the fact that I peed a lot of water out yesterday and now I am sitting at 198.8. It's only been a day, so well.....there's nothing to see yet.
    •   

5. Subbed

6. I have only been on this for 3 days at standard dosage, but one thing I may notice is that my appetite is GREATLY decreased. This is obvious to me because I'm naturally always a hungry person, even eating at maintenance. I'm eating below maintenance and not feeling hungry, which is NOT normal at all. Is it Invictus? Maybe, maybe not. Also, I'm peeing a lot. It seems a lot of supplements I try these days make me pee, haha.

7. subbed
    SIMPLE MAN

8. Today was the recovery day of the Texas Method, so you can guess that it was an easy workout with no hiccups. No joint issues, and nothing weird yet. My appetite just isn't what it used to be, and I'm pretty happy about that. Not sure if there's supposed to be an appetite suppressing effect with this particular compound.

9. subbed
    Vein Nutrition Rep InstaGram Smith_69_16
    https://www.veinnutrition.com/
    Use code Smith10 for 10% off your order

10. Weighed in at 199.8 this morning. Not sure of any actual fat loss yet, and right now it seems like my water weight is fluctuating a lot. It hasn't even been a week yet, so I don't expect my "diet" or the supplement to actually show massive amounts of fat loss or anything like that.

Some random notes are it's harder for me to wake up, which means I'm having very restful sleep as a result of cortisol being reduced. Also random, but my acne is acting up, but this can be coincidence. Joints feel normal for now, and I'm definitely sensitive to low cortisol sides so we can see what's going on pretty quickly.

11. Today was Intensity day of the Texas Method. Nailed all 3 PR's (Squat, Deadlift, Overhead Press). As expected on a cut, it looks like I should be stalling in about 1-2 weeks so I'm going to try and regulate the Monday volume to make sure I don't. Nothing else to comment on. Joints are still feeling strong, fat loss isn't noticeable yet (but it's only been 4 days, so who's expecting anything? haha)

12. Did some overeating this weekend which probably set me back ever so slightly, but I took advantage of it by killing "Volume" day. All the lifts were performed pretty well and I'll be eating right for the rest of the week. No new side effects.

13. Waking up at 198.6 today. Starting to feel more tired/lethargic throughout the days but this is probably due to the caloric deficit rather than the supplement. The "acne" issue was just temporary and probably had nothing to do with Invictus, and my joints still feel pretty normal. Today is the recovery workout for the Texas Method, so it's an easy day today.

14. I noticed lethargy on invictus too and i was able to conclude it was invictus however it makes sense.. it reduces cortisol, cortisol is whats responsible for waking us up in the morning and keeping us up. Makes sense! However the leaning invictus gave me was to die for and i said fook it im not dropping it. So here's my suggestion. Split the dose into a half or quarters. I switched to .5ml after my work outs (I work out in am) and .5 ml pre bed. I've noticed deeper sleep, substantially less lethargy, enhanced leaning with dosing pre bed and not sure if it correlates but just an overall calmness which started once half dosing was put into action.

15. Quote Originally Posted by YoungBodyBuil View Post
    I noticed lethargy on invictus too and i was able to conclude it was invictus however it makes sense.. it reduces cortisol, cortisol is whats responsible for waking us up in the morning and keeping us up. Makes sense! However the leaning invictus gave me was to die for and i said fook it im not dropping it. So here's my suggestion. Split the dose into a half or quarters. I switched to .5ml after my work outs (I work out in am) and .5 ml pre bed. I've noticed deeper sleep, substantially less lethargy, enhanced leaning with dosing pre bed and not sure if it correlates but just an overall calmness which started once half dosing was put into action.
    I also workout in the morning and I use 1mL dose post-workout. I'm aware that if I dose it pre-bed it will definitely help me get better sleep, although to sleep might be "too" good and make it hard to wake up so early.

16. Quote Originally Posted by ma70 View Post
    I also workout in the morning and I use 1mL dose post-workout. I'm aware that if I dose it pre-bed it will definitely help me get better sleep, although to sleep might be "too" good and make it hard to wake up so early.
    I would dose .5ml after work out and .5ml 4-6 hours later the full 1ml dose at once could be whats doing it. .5ml is strong as is can't imagine take a full ML in the morning i'd have no energy.

17. Quote Originally Posted by YoungBodyBuil View Post
    I would dose .5ml after work out and .5ml 4-6 hours later the full 1ml dose at once could be whats doing it. .5ml is strong as is can't imagine take a full ML in the morning i'd have no energy.
    Yeah, it's mostly for convenience. I may play with the dosing a bit soon.

18. Quote Originally Posted by YoungBodyBuil View Post
    I do half a ml in the AM either 7 or 9 and other in night at 9-10pm pre bed, 0.5ml split, i find this is working well, no tiredness or lethargy.

19. Noticing really, really deep sleep and lethargy. I haven't had sleep this good in a long time (compared to my old sleep stack of Relora+L-Theanine+5-HTP)

20. I also noticed good leaning out and really good sleep which is unusual for me. I had a good mental focus as well and was able to stick to my cutting diet very well on invictus. I am an a.m workout person and took .5 ml post workout and then again at 6 p.m. Great product!

21. Quote Originally Posted by ma70 View Post
    Noticing really, really deep sleep and lethargy. I haven't had sleep this good in a long time (compared to my old sleep stack of Relora+L-Theanine+5-HTP)
    I was a huge fan of Relora and Ashwagandha...but, nothing has touched the effects I've seen from Invictus.
    Iron-Legion.com

Virtus & Invictus - Changing The Standard!

22. Quote Originally Posted by bradray5871 View Post
    I also noticed good leaning out and really good sleep which is unusual for me. I had a good mental focus as well and was able to stick to my cutting diet very well on invictus. I am an a.m workout person and took .5 ml post workout and then again at 6 p.m. Great product!
    Yeah, a "side effect" from Invictus is my hunger/craving control is....well......controlled. I'm not gonna say I'm noticing ridiculous fat loss like some of the other loggers were, but maybe I have less visceral fat than them, or maybe my idea of "crazy fat loss" is different from theirs. I am definitely leaning out, but I attribute this to diet mostly. We'll see as time goes on. It's pretty obvious to me this ingredient is fairly effective, but this is not a miracle supplement (I mean....none are)

23. Diet has been on point for this week. Exactly 1 week ago I was 199.8 and today I am 198.8. Doing a slow and steady deficit and hoping that Invictus helps with body comp more. Although on Saturday and Sunday of last week my diet was off by a bit where I feel like I ate at maintenance or higher than that. So something tells me this current calorie deficit I have been in might have caused 1.5-2 lbs of fat loss per week as I originally expected, but I still have a social life so it's not easy to be 100% on diet 24/7. Today will be intensity day which I will comment on later if I have gotten weaker or not.

The best part of this diet is I have no cravings, great sleep, and so far, I've been recovering well too.

24. Ok so I just finished progression/intensity day and nailed all of them. Also, on a side note, I just want to talk about random theory with Invictus. As far as I've also noticed (which is no longer in my head) is that my body seems to run hotter. I remember someone saying that 7-keto and b-AET convert back and forth with each other, and I know that 7-keto is thermogenic in a caloric deficit so this sort of makes sense. No negative cortisol sides for now though. Joints still feel solid at 1mL daily.

25. My knees have started getting tender and sore just walking up stairs.

26. Quote Originally Posted by paul56778 View Post
    My knees have started getting tender and sore just walking up stairs.
    How long have you been running Invictus?

27. Quote Originally Posted by ma70 View Post
    How long have you been running Invictus?
    This is day 19

28. Quote Originally Posted by paul56778 View Post
    This is day 19
    I believe I'm around a week behind you. I do notice that while my joints don't hurt, I am more sore after workouts and I am accustomed to high frequency for the most part (I used to Bench/Squat/Deadlift and other stuff 3x a week). Not sure how to explain this so I'll probably go read up more on Cortisol and it's reactions.

I was 198.2 even in a fed state/full stomach yesterday, but I ended up having cravings and ate a Chicken Parm sandwich from my favorite italian place near me. I woke up this morning at 199.2. Glycogen/water of course, but I'm being honest with the log. Thankfully this "cheat" was only ~1k cals, instead of the full blown cheats I've done in the past. Invictus is helping me control that part well.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Getting Lean For Summer 16' w/ Iron Legion Invictus by HP
    By HokiePride in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 85
    Last Post: 07-10-2016, 04:15 PM
  2. Iron Legion is looking for loggers for Invictus!
    By IronLegion in forum Company Promotions
    Replies: 63
    Last Post: 05-31-2016, 10:18 PM
  3. IRON LEGION INVICTUS
    By thebigt in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 95
    Last Post: 05-22-2016, 03:21 PM
  4. IRON LEGION-INVICTUS
    By thebigt in forum Supplements
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 05-19-2016, 07:53 PM
  5. Iron Forged Nutrition Most Wanted Log (Unsponsored)
    By ma70 in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 94
    Last Post: 03-14-2016, 01:46 PM