TC's FINISH LINE Log

TKC432

TKC432

Awards
  • Established
Sorry .... ran out of catchy titles for logs ... decided to get straight to the point with this one.

Thanks to High Tech Pharmaceuticals and IFN and of course VaughnTrue for this opportunity!

Received a bunch of these bad boys on Saturday .... finally put one to the test at last nights session.

IFN.jpg

I chose to go with this as an intra-workout this first go around. The ingredient profile looks like it would be perfect for that too.

Did Chest / Delts / Tri's / Abs yesterday .... and I am glad I had FINISH LINE to sip on during my session. I usually sip on plain BCAA's and water so this is an obvious improvement in taste over that protocol. Taste is mild and not overpowering .... perfect for hydration during a tough training session.
I did not suffer my usual energy drain at the 3/4 mark of my 90 min session ... I had good energy and endurance all the way through. Actually felt like I could keep going but I made myself call it at the 90 min mark. So first try ... this stuff works very well as an carb free intra-workout. Keeps the energy and focus up ... no loss of strength. All around great session last night. Think I am gonna use this as an intra-workout for the first half of this log and then go traditional with it as a post-workout for the last half.

Here's my stats from last night (I like to post my training stats in any log I do)

5 min cardio warm-up on elliptical

1. Flat BB Bench
1x15 (135)
1x12 (185)
2x8 (225)
1x6 (245)

2. HS Incline Press
1x12 (70)
3x10 (90)

3. Seated Db OHP
2x12 (50)
2x10 (65)

4. HS Behind Neck Press
3x12 (65)

5. Cable Cross-Overs
3x12 (60)
1x10 (70)

6. Db Lateral Raise - SS - Db Front Raise
3x10 (30) - SS - 3x10 (30)

7. Decline SkullCrushers - Ez Bar
2x15 (75)
1x12 (85)
1x10 (100)

8. Cable Tri Pushdowns

3 sets to failure

9. Cable Lateral Raises
3 sets to failure

10. Cable Crunches
3 sets to failure

11. Situps
3 sets to failure

And that's all she wrote. Felt great at the end of the session .... didn't have my usual need to fall down and lay motionless for 20 minutes before finding my way home ;) FINISH LINE ... great as an intra-workout.

cobri66

cobri66

Awards
Sweet!..I'm in for this

TrainerTone

TrainerTone

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Glad to join along for the ride

MARK_

MARK_

Awards
In! I might try FL intra-workout today after reading how it worked for you. Great start

Joe12

Joe12

Awards
Nice, I have only experimented with post-workout, I might have to give the intra-workout a try.

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
In bro! Watermelon is my favorite!!

ManimalPatB

ManimalPatB

Awards
Hmmmmmmmm never though about using this as an Intra because I've been using Compete recently

BUT I might have to this that one day!!!! Good stuff so far

TKC432

TKC432

Awards
  • Established
Yep. Used it as intra for yesterday's session. Back / Biceps /Abs. Kept me going strong all the way through. It seems to really accentuate that second wind too. Halfway through my training session I felt like I was just starting. Motivated focused and fueled to keep powering through. It's made my usual 90 min sessions feel like 45 min. After I completed all that I had planned for yesterday's program I felt I could keep going. So I tossed in some extra tricep work superset with biceps. Great pump. Most intra workouts rely on fast carbs like highly branched cyclodextrin and this can halt the fat loss benefits of training. So to get all the positive of an intra workout without the carbs is a win win in my book. I know I'm not following the exact intent of FINISH LINE but this is one reason why these companies have us experienced AM folks log their products. To put it to the test in all scenarios. Perhaps a chance for IFN to increase market presence by packaging this as an intra and/or post workout product ? I know I'm loving it as an intra. Gonna use it as such for the next 3 sessions and then five it a try as labeled for post workout. Bottom line.....it's a great product that I would purchase in the future.

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I actually have contemplating especially in contest prep when I use more aminos, using it pre/post workout!

TKC432

TKC432

Awards
  • Established
Sorry folks ! Been AWOL for a while. Memorial day Holiday .... My son's high school graduation .... and a HUGE family reunion .... kinda busy the past few days. But ... I am back and I did not miss any training .... was in the gym on Monday and it was a ghost town ... nice! Used FINISH LINE again as an intra workout on Monday as well as today's session .... really liking it as an intra but starting next session I will use it as intended .... post workout.

Won't post Monday's session ..... chest day anyway like everyone else across the country :)

Today's session ....

Back / Biceps / Abs

5 min cardio warm-up

1. Db Rows
1x12 (75)
1x12 (85)
1x10 (95)
2x8 (120)

2. Lat Pulldowns
2x12 (150)
2x10 (160)
1x8 (180)

3. HS Hi Row (alternating arms)
4x12 (70)
1x10 (90)

4. HS Shrugs - with 3 second pause at top
1x20 (4 plates)
3x12 (6 plates)

5. Cable Face Pulls
4x12 (110)

6. Incline Db Curls - with 30 second pause stretch at bottom btwn sets
3x12 (30) Last set hurt ... the pause stretch for 30 seconds made the 30's feel like 50's !

7. Cable Curls - wide grip - slow controlled eccentric
2x15 (100)
2x10 (120)

8. Single Arm Cable Hammer Curls - 20 second rest pause btwn sets -just enough time to change the pin in the stack and take a drink of FINISH LINE
1x12 (50)
1x12 (40)
1x12 (30)

9. Seated Cable Rows - was feeling my second wind so added another exercise for the back
3x12 (160)

10. Hyper Extensions - focusing on lower back rather than hams
3x15 BW
2x12 BW+35lb plate

11. Cable Crunches
3 sets to failure (110)

That was it! Left the gym feeling great .... FINISH LINE kept me super-charged and feeling strong from start to finish .... left the gym feeling like I had more in the tank but it was time to head home.
Curious how FINISH LINE is gonna treat me post-workout next session ....

cobri66

cobri66

Awards
Ok..lets see some more now

Alpha1a

Alpha1a

Awards
  • Established
Subbbbinnnnnnnn , definitely love it intra workout

TKC432

TKC432

Awards
  • Established
Used it post workout today .... have to say that I do prefer it as an intra-workout.
Yeah ... I was a bit more recharged after my training session using it post workout but I feel like the ingredients provide more of a overall benefit as intra vs post. Just my 2 cents ;)

Todays session

Chest / Delts / Tri's / Abs

1. Dips
3x12 BW

2. Flat BB Bench

1x15 135
1x10 185
1x8 225
1x6 245
1x6 265

3. HS Incline Press
2x12 (70)
1x10 (90)

4. HS Behind Neck Press
3x12 (55)

5. Cable Cross-Overs
2x12 (60)
2x10 (70)

6. Decline Skullcrushers - Ez Bar -SS- Seated Lateral Raise
3x12 (80) -ss- 3x10 (25)

7. Cable Tri Pushdown - Reverse Grip
3 sets to failure

8. Cable Lateral Raise
3 sets to failure

9. Cable Crunches
3 sets to failure

10. Situps
2 sets to failure

Nice session .... feeling good .... but I feel about the same as I did when using FINISH LINE as an intra-workout ... and my energy level during my training session wasn't the same without it .... so for me .... FINISH LINE is best as an intra workout.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
TKC432 Supplement Logs 25
TKC432 Supplement Logs 66
TKC432 Workout Logs 237
Supplements 19
Anabolics 5