booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Thanks to VaughnTrue and the gentlemen over at IForce Nutrition, I have gotten 10 samples of the new post-workout supplement Finish Line.

See the pics below for the labels:
ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1463802754.707622.jpg

ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1463802765.460854.jpg

My current routine

Mon-Thurs: 6am lift (fasted); bcaa's pre, post (will be replaced by Finish Line), and late afternoon. All food is consumed between 6pm and 11pm most days

Fri -Sun: Mid-late afternoon lift (Fri usually 3-4pm, Sat/Sun usually 11-12pm); bcaa's pre and intra, Finish Line will be dosed post (roughly 20min - 1hr)

Split is Tues:push-Weds:pull-Thurs:Legs (hypertrophy); Fri:push-Sat:pull-Sun:Legs (power), Mon:Off

I will dose mid day on Mondays.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Rainbow Sherbet - Initial Review:

Smell - the powder itself is fairly light in scent, once mixed though it smells exactly like sherbert. very pleasant.

Mix - I mix most of my supps with a bit to significantly more water than typically directed, however for day 1 I went with the recommended 10oz. Mix was just fine, with just a hint of grit left at the bottom (typical for anything with creatine).

Taste - This was a bit interesting... Rainbow sherbet has a unique blend of sweet and sour, which was well captured in this product. However, there was a rather significant chemical aftertaste the whole way through. The water that I used was luke warm and I think this exacerbated the chemical taste. I will be interested to see if its the same issue with colder water going forward. Would give the intial flavor a 6/10 - decent, but with an aftertaste.

BamBam0319

BamBam0319

Awards
Subbed!

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Doses 2 and 3 are in the books...

Yesterday, I used colder, fountain water... Still had a bit of a chemical aftertaste. Definitely not as pronounced as the warmer water, but still there.

Today I used full iced down water and cubes; Same story.

Final flavor rating: 6/10 - as stated before, the initial flavor is great, spot on sherbet; however, the chemical aftertaste is a big deterrent. For me personally, I don't care, so long as it works, but many people will be completely turned off by this.

So farnothing special to note as far as feeling different in terms of recovery. Gonna be a bit hard to tell in just 10 doses so I'll pick one day this week to really go nuts and do something that would surely cause some nasty doms and see how things come along after that.

cobri66

cobri66

Awards
I'm in for this..good posts so far

ManimalPatB

ManimalPatB

Awards
Doses 2 and 3 are in the books...

Yesterday, I used colder, fountain water... Still had a bit of a chemical aftertaste. Definitely not as pronounced as the warmer water, but still there.

Today I used full iced down water and cubes; Same story.

Final flavor rating: 6/10 - as stated before, the initial flavor is great, spot on sherbet; however, the chemical aftertaste is a big deterrent. For me personally, I don't care, so long as it works, but many people will be completely turned off by this.

So farnothing special to note as far as feeling different in terms of recovery. Gonna be a bit hard to tell in just 10 doses so I'll pick one day this week to really go nuts and do something that would surely cause some nasty doms and see how things come along after that.
Huh that's strange I myself have never noticed a chemical aftertaste no matter what temperature of water I end up using.

I mostly use cold water with some ice cubs and let it chill in my car while I workout and have never noticed a funky taste.

I am glad you still enjoy using it

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I haven't noticed the aftertaste and I have been looking for it since reading your posts. Sad to read you get it, it is truly great according to my taste buds.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Hmm thats odd that I seem to be the only one tasting the chemicallyness... usually I'm the one who cant taste it at all and enjoys odd flavorings ha. I would've thought maybe a bad batch/tub but that cant be the case with separate packets. I'll keep playing with water amounts and see how that impacts things... maybe more or less would make a significant difference? I've seen a lot of things that can taste terrible or epic with way more or less water.

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Def have not noticed the aftertaste either, hmm. I will have to pay attention tomorrow! Although, I use watermelon.

MARK_

MARK_

Awards
In!

cobri66

cobri66

Awards
In for this

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
last two days ive been taking this around lunchtime. added water up to about 22oz and actually like this much better. seems to dull down the taste enough that the chemical aftertaste I was getting is no longer very detectable. at the worst its very very mild.

on the recovery front, i have to say im not seeing anything. frankly, the last two days ive been exhausted in the gym each morning and workouts have been lackluster. luckily this is my deload week anyways, but come the weekend ill be going for 1rm's so things better change. legs are still a bit sore (hams mostly) from sunday's not particularly crazy workout... hoping a few more days of this will ahve me built up enough that it will have better effects.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
So yesterday was my final day so here are my comments, thoughts, and final review/rating:

Taste: as mentioned several times above, there was a slightly chemical aftertaste for this. Warmer water seemed to exacerbate this, as well as too little. I found it best used with 16-20oz of ice cold water. At that level flavor was pretty solid, 7/10. Not my favorite all time but enjoyable.

Mix: ever so slight foam/floaters immediately after shaking but these were gone in seconds. Very very light grit/grain left at the bottom of the shaker (and only sometimes). 9.5/10

Effects: this is a bit hard to judge after only 10 workouts so I won't give an actual score here, but rather just thoughts- over the first 6-7 days I saw nothing (as expected) most of what's in FL are things that can take weeks to saturate so there isn't much to see. One thing that did bother me was the beta alanine. I LOVE ba tingles... However, I love them because they're like a "fake" energy and stim. Taking this post workout, just made me hot, flushed, and tingly with no outlet (gym). This was a huge downside for me as being flushed and itchy in the middle of a work day is rather awkward. As the effects dwindle, this should improve but is still an inconvenience. As far as recovery, the last two days have been my 1rm days and I can honestly say that I feel quite good considering the amounts I lifted. Recovery as of today seems to be slightly increased so this would tend to make me lean towards this product having a positive impact

Overall - this was a pretty good product all around. Flavor was good (not great but good), dosing was easy, mix is perfect, and effects seem to be coming along at the expected rate. Except for the ba tingles being wrongly timed, I think this is exactly what it should be. Overall final rating is 8/10

cobri66

cobri66

Awards
Thanks for that review

ManimalPatB

ManimalPatB

Awards
So yesterday was my final day so here are my comments, thoughts, and final review/rating:

Taste: as mentioned several times above, there was a slightly chemical aftertaste for this. Warmer water seemed to exacerbate this, as well as too little. I found it best used with 16-20oz of ice cold water. At that level flavor was pretty solid, 7/10. Not my favorite all time but enjoyable.

Mix: ever so slight foam/floaters immediately after shaking but these were gone in seconds. Very very light grit/grain left at the bottom of the shaker (and only sometimes). 9.5/10

Effects: this is a bit hard to judge after only 10 workouts so I won't give an actual score here, but rather just thoughts- over the first 6-7 days I saw nothing (as expected) most of what's in FL are things that can take weeks to saturate so there isn't much to see. One thing that did bother me was the beta alanine. I LOVE ba tingles... However, I love them because they're like a "fake" energy and stim. Taking this post workout, just made me hot, flushed, and tingly with no outlet (gym). This was a huge downside for me as being flushed and itchy in the middle of a work day is rather awkward. As the effects dwindle, this should improve but is still an inconvenience. As far as recovery, the last two days have been my 1rm days and I can honestly say that I feel quite good considering the amounts I lifted. Recovery as of today seems to be slightly increased so this would tend to make me lean towards this product having a positive impact

Overall - this was a pretty good product all around. Flavor was good (not great but good), dosing was easy, mix is perfect, and effects seem to be coming along at the expected rate. Except for the ba tingles being wrongly timed, I think this is exactly what it should be. Overall final rating is 8/10
Excellent final review. Glad that you enjoyed it and I am glad that you had a positive recovery from it