Testing out HUMAPRO as a protein replacement (sponsored)

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks to the Hi-Tech Team (ALRI) and VaughnTrue ManimalPatB for the logging opportunity. I am fortunate enough to log humapro for my first go around. The purpose and claims of this product are to be able to replace your daily protein with servings of humparo and I will be doing just that; replacing my daily protein with humapro and putting it to the test. I am a horrible eater so a large majority of my protein intake comes from shakes. Kids and work make it difficult so that is the easiest way for me to meet my macros.
ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1463342109.055914.jpg

I will be using this on a cut (around 2200 calories on keto diet) and consume 1-2 scoops multiple times throughout the day just as i would with my regular protein. I received the mandarin orange flavor which I wanted to try most. I took some early this morning and was pleasantly surprised with the taste. label and initial review is below.

Ingredient profile

ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1463342250.592978.jpg

Initial review-
Taste-8.5/10- Had a very pleasant orange taste with 1 scoop in 12 oz of water. It tasted like a non carbonated diet sunkist. Very easy to drink. Had a slight amino aftertaste which is to be expected. Definitely won't have any trouble drinking this multiple times a day. `

mixability-9/10- a little residue at the bottom but nothing much. Slight foaming that subsided as time went on. Very easy to consume.

nothing else to really report from day one but I am looking forward to see how well this helps me maintain mass on my cut.

link below if anyone wants to check it out with other flavors as well.
Humapro by ALR Industries

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Final Review-

I took almost 4 weeks off of all protein shakes ( 3x a day on average) and replaced them with humapro. I did this on a cut and I feel like this will shine most in that situation. Throughout the course I was able to lose 6.5lbs mainly due to the extra calories allotted from not consuming 600-800 form shakes. This is a huge benefit to me as a I was around 2300 calories which means 1/3 were shakes. Needless to say I was often hungry. Yes I know how to meal prep and track my macros but with two toddlers and the school year ending I really let it slip lol.

Recovery-8/10 Overall I felt like I still had really good recovery on humapro. There were only a few intermittent times I felt like it took slightly longer to recover. Obviously this recovery was at 3-4 times daily of humapro. Going into it I thought recovery would be awful due to diet and no additional protein; needless to say i was pleasantly surprised with the outcome.

Taste- 8.5/10 The taste was on point. It tasted like that powdered orange bang. one scoop I would use 16oz of water with no issues. The taste was pleasant and enjoyable even 3x a day. I started to get a little over it towards the end but it wasn't because the taste had change- i just get over things. Having multiple flavors of humapro could alleviate this issue.

Value- 8/10 Overall a tub for 90 servings is around $50 so 3x a day will last a month. On a cut in the future I will continue to dose it that much. On anything else a serving or two will probably be utilized from me to make it last 2 months or so.

As a protein replacement I would definitely use it on a cut. During a bulk I would personally prefer my protein shakes as they can be had around the same price. Overall I would definitely recommend this for a cut or as an amino product 3-4 hours in between meals.

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Nice. Cant wait to see how this works for you

TrainerTone

TrainerTone

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I think the orange flavor is very good. I'd rank it near the top of the 4 flavors I've tried so far.

jalfrey

jalfrey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
In it like Flynnit!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Following .....

ManimalPatB

ManimalPatB

Awards
Awesome stuff man and NOT A PROBLEM!!!

This is gonna be a good log!!!!

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
cant wait to see what happens with the humapro used this way

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Welcome gents. Also have high hopes for this one.

Robert5891

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
In on the log! Looking forward to seeing your progress with Humapro

JG93

JG93

Awards
In!
Hi tech is awesome, great product!
I want to log all of it lol!

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Im in bro!

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Glad to have everyone along. Had a Rough day yesterday. Our dog passed away unexpectedly. Was still able to get my servings in but was just helping my wife and family deal with that. Will try and get a workout in today though. Taste is still pretty refreshing though. Will update later today.

ManimalPatB

ManimalPatB

Awards
Glad to have everyone along. Had a Rough day yesterday. Our dog passed away unexpectedly. Was still able to get my servings in but was just helping my wife and family deal with that. Will try and get a workout in today though. Taste is still pretty refreshing though. Will update later today.
Damn man I am really sorry to hear about that. Dogs are basically family members to me, so I understand what you must be feeling. You and your family are in my thoughts man.

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Took 3 separate servings today. Nothing new to report just a couple days in. Had to workout delts/traps/abs at home but still had a pretty good workout. Diet has still been in check but protein is low due to me not getting my normal shakes in. This will be put to the real test.

The taste/mixability is still the same from the initial review. I have added a little more water and 14oz seems to be where I like it. Not too strong and not too watered down.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
How is the strength? How many calories a day are you taking in ?

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
How is the strength? How many calories a day are you taking in ?
My strength has declined over the course of the diet somewhat but only a few days on humapro. Been on it for about a month already. it's too early to tell how or if humapro will help. About 2200 calories atm. Able to eat a little more since I'm not consuming 5-700 calories in shakes which has been nice.

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Got an pretty good chest/tri workout in this evening. It's pretty weird not consuming my protein shakes. They were more filling obviously so hunger has increased slightly. Been adding in an extra serving of oats and it has been helping me stay full longer.

Nothing too notable in terms of effects just yet. I do feel a little flatter but it is probably diet related. It could also just be in my head, really too early to tell. I Have still had pretty good recovery so I know it's definitely helping in that regard. I did 10 burnout sets on pull ups yesterday and normally I am feeling it the next day but only had very slight lat soreness today. Other than that nothin new to report.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Great feedback, Thank you!

jalfrey

jalfrey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Got an pretty good chest/tri workout in this evening. It's pretty weird not consuming my protein shakes. They were more filling obviously so hunger has increased slightly. Been adding in an extra serving of oats and it has been helping me stay full longer.

Nothing too notable in terms of effects just yet. I do feel a little flatter but it is probably diet related. It could also just be in my head, really too early to tell. I Have still had pretty good recovery so I know it's definitely helping in that regard. I did 10 burnout sets on pull ups yesterday and normally I am feeling it the next day but only had very slight lat soreness today. Other than that nothin new to report.
I've been filling up a couple of 32oz bottles with a scoop of HP and water and sipping on them. That keeps my hunger at bay. It's funny that you mention being flatter because I swear I'm a little fuller since starting my log. Scale hasn't moved, but I'm more vascular for sure.

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
I've been filling up a couple of 32oz bottles with a scoop of HP and water and sipping on them. That keeps my hunger at bay. It's funny that you mention being flatter because I swear I'm a little fuller since starting my log. Scale hasn't moved, but I'm more vascular for sure.
Yeah I had a pretty big refeed day which may help. Today was an off day but I haven't really been that sore this week and recovery has been as good as if I was still getting my shakes in which is nice. Hopefully the fullness will return.

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
week 1 update-

Noticeable positive effects- The biggest noticeable effect to date would be recovery. I have had a couple workouts I thought for sure i would be extremely sore but it was nothing like expected. Also didn't last as long as my soreness normally does. I do feel like I am still retaining muscle as well but it's hard to tell just a week in. Another positive is taste. Two scoops of orange in 32oz of water is extremely enjoyable to drink. This is a big plus for me. Normally taste doesn't matter but I like to enjoy my aminos and these are enjoyable. Nothing too notable in terms of endurance or anything of the sort.

Negative- Nothing too drastic. I am feeling really flat but again it is probably diet related. I will wait another week or so and see how I feel/look before I make a full judgement.

Today I hit delts/traps.

workout-
warm up- military press with bar both behind and in front of head
heavy military press-8,6,6,5
side lateral raises-12,10,8,8
forward laterals-same
upright rows-14,12,12,12
dumbell shrugs-15,12,12,10
barbell shrugs-4 sets burnout

cobri66

cobri66

Awards
Big fan of HumaPro here..enjoying thread

ManimalPatB

ManimalPatB

Awards
Yeah man, the orange flavor is my favorite. It's so refreshing!!!!!

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Past two days i have felt much fuller than I had been feeling which is a great sign for me. Another plus is that the enjoyable taste was also verified by my wife today. I made her taste a sip (she hates all supplements and think they're cancer). She said it tasted sort of like tang and was tolerable. Coming from her that's a good sign. Recovery has still been on par. Nothing negative to report. Was able to hit a little circuit today before the penguins game (we won!). All in all things are headed in the right direction thus far.

ManimalPatB

ManimalPatB

Awards
Past two days i have felt much fuller than I had been feeling which is a great sign for me. Another plus is that the enjoyable taste was also verified by my wife today. I made her taste a sip (she hates all supplements and think they're cancer). She said it tasted sort of like tang and was tolerable. Coming from her that's a good sign. Recovery has still been on par. Nothing negative to report. Was able to hit a little circuit today before the penguins game (we won!). All in all things are headed in the right direction thus far.
Hell to the yeah!!!!!!!!! Get the wife sign off on a supplement is HUGE....my Fiancé is still anti them lol

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Have you seen any loss of bodyfat yet?
Not as a direct result of humapro but probably more so in the absence of additional protein calories. So yes and no? Lol

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Not as a direct result of humapro but probably more so in the absence of additional protein calories. So yes and no? Lol
Ok. I mean in essence it would be because of the humapro because its giving you the same macros without the calories. The caloric deficit will give you fat loss

compan

compan

Awards
I've been trying to pick a flavor for which one I want to try first. Might go with orange based on what you've been saying. Your wife sounds like my fiance when it comes to supplements. If I threw a pre-workout into a can of monster, she'd probably think it tasted great. But if she knows it's a supplement she will just make this face after tasting it and say it's horrible.

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
I've been trying to pick a flavor for which one I want to try first. Might go with orange based on what you've been saying. Your wife sounds like my fiance when it comes to supplements. If I threw a pre-workout into a can of monster, she'd probably think it tasted great. But if she knows it's a supplement she will just make this face after tasting it and say it's horrible.
Lol. Yeah they're picky ones. The taste is good. I like more water than recommended but 2 scoops in 24-32oz taste pretty good. I am in the 30 range but some people don't like that much liquid

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Had a killer back/bi workout today before the Penguins game. Been using 3-4 scoops of humapro daily still and I can honestly say the fullness is coming back. This had me worried the first week but it seems to have subsided. Recovery has taken a slight dip the past two days but nothing major. Will continue to gauge as time progresses. Nothing new to report other than above. Workout below.

Workout
Deadlifts 4x8
Single arm rows-4x12
Lat pull downs 3x15
Barbell curls 3x20
Hammer curls 3x14,12,10
Reverse curls 3x12
Finished up with ab roller 3x to failure.

ManimalPatB

ManimalPatB

Awards
Nice stuff man!!! Loving the updates!!!!

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Late, but in for this.

I've been using grape off and on for a while in the evenings. Was planning on picking up either orange and/or pineapple to add to a post-bed dosing of STRAFE and Keto Induce based on their flavors (I don't want to mix up like 4 different things lol). So far orange is winning out; need to hear reviews on the pineapple, too.

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Late, but in for this.

I've been using grape off and on for a while in the evenings. Was planning on picking up either orange and/or pineapple to add to a post-bed dosing of STRAFE and Keto Induce based on their flavors (I don't want to mix up like 4 different things lol). So far orange is winning out; need to hear reviews on the pineapple, too.
i feel like orange will go well with the combo of induce and strafe. I haven't used strafe in a while but the cantaloupe one wasn't the best tasting but i feel like the combo of the 3 would compliment each other nicely.

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Week 2 update-
down 4lbs between the two weeks which has been nice. A large part is due to the extra calories i have has a direct result of using humapro in place on my protein.

Recovery may have slowed a little from the initial week but has still been pretty good all things considered. I am also pleased to note that the flatness has subsided substantially and I have felt pretty full (especially after todays workout).

Taste is still good although I am getting a little tired of it of 3-4x a day lol. I will try mixing it in with some low/zero calorie beverages this week and will keep you guys updated with good combos. I think I might pick up a bottle of the tablets to keep in my classroom in the fall. Sometimes I am not the best planner of funnels, powders, shakers, etc lol.

At the two week mark i would give it an overall 8/10 in regards to effectiveness/cost/taste.

ManimalPatB

ManimalPatB

Awards
Right on!!!! I have mixed the Humapro with some Crystal light from time to time and I enjoy it again

I would mix the Orange with Lemonade and it tasted AWESOME!!!!

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Just picked up the orange -- I'll weigh in once it arrives hopefully later this week.

Was gonna grab the pineapple too, but figured I'll hold off til I polish off the last of the grape I have now.

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Just picked up the orange -- I'll weigh in once it arrives hopefully later this week.

Was gonna grab the pineapple too, but figured I'll hold off til I polish off the last of the grape I have now.
Please do. Once im.done with grape I need a new flavor

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Please do. Once im.done with grape I need a new flavor
For sure.

I've actually been tossing 2 scoops of grape in with 1 scoop Keto Induce, 1 scoop MCT evolved pre-bed each night (and occasionally 1 scoop unflavored E9 if I didn't drink it earlier in the day). It's not bad. Not like it pairs and you're like "wow, delicious!" lol, but not hard to drink at all. Hoping the orange or pineapple will actually make it taste kind of good.

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
For sure.

I've actually been tossing 2 scoops of grape in with 1 scoop Keto Induce, 1 scoop MCT evolved pre-bed each night (and occasionally 1 scoop unflavored E9 if I didn't drink it earlier in the day). It's not bad. Not like it pairs and you're like "wow, delicious!" lol, but not hard to drink at all. Hoping the orange or pineapple will actually make it taste kind of good.
Nice. I Might do that this week. Ive been doing an IF protocol on my cardio only days and subbing out all my food for 8 scoops of humapro in one big gallon. That's my only meal for the day. After three days of that I can honestly say its working. Losing fat off my waitst and love handles
consistenly.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nice. I Might do that this week. Ive been doing an IF protocol on my cardio only days and subbing out all my food for 8 scoops of humapro in one big gallon. That's my only meal for the day. After three days of that I can honestly say its working. Losing fat off my waitst and love handles
consistenly.
You upping cals or any macros on the regular days to off-set any of that at all (e.g. jumping cals up like 250 more on those days following)?

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
You upping cals or any macros on the regular days to off-set any of that at all (e.g. jumping cals up like 250 more on those days following)?
Nope. Just basically replacing all calories with humapro. I might be losing some muscle, but looking sharper. On my training days I'm at around 3000 cals loow carb. On rest days I was at 1500 cals, now I'm essentially at 0 cals and theoretically 200 grams protein on two of the days out the week. its not easy but has proven effective.

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Week 2 update-
down 4lbs between the two weeks which has been nice. A large part is due to the extra calories i have has a direct result of using humapro in place on my protein.

Recovery may have slowed a little from the initial week but has still been pretty good all things considered. I am also pleased to note that the flatness has subsided substantially and I have felt pretty full (especially after todays workout).

Taste is still good although I am getting a little tired of it of 3-4x a day lol. I will try mixing it in with some low/zero calorie beverages this week and will keep you guys updated with good combos. I think I might pick up a bottle of the tablets to keep in my classroom in the fall. Sometimes I am not the best planner of funnels, powders, shakers, etc lol.

At the two week mark i would give it an overall 8/10 in regards to effectiveness/cost/taste.
Looks good so far bro. 4 lbs in two weeks is solid

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nope. Just basically replacing all calories with humapro. I might be losing some muscle, but looking sharper. On my training days I'm at around 3000 cals loow carb. On rest days I was at 1500 cals, now I'm essentially at 0 cals and theoretically 200 grams protein on two of the days out the week. its not easy but has proven effective.
I may toy around with this. I don't know that I'll commit to fully 0 cal; but I may taper cals down pretty darn low while upping a Humapro dosage.

I'll chime back in if/when I do it.