Apple Cider HumaPro is Delicious

Balthazar

Awards
I will start off saying thank you HI Tech and ManimalPatB

About Me:

I'm 30 yrs. old, 6 ft 2 215 lbs. Currently I'm doing 4 days a week every other day using a hybrid program that is both a linear progression for olympic lifts as well as a DUP setup for assistance lifts to compliment the o lift stuff. All of the o lift stuff is low volume, but I do a moderate volume of hypertrophy work for each of the assistance lifts on separate days. I might add in some other supplemental lifts with higher volume as well here and there.

I mostly rely on whole foods for my protein intake and am hoping that the convenience of this stuff added in will help me bulk a little bit as well as aid recovery. I've decided to do 3 scoops a day, one either pre or intra workout, one post and another when I get home from work before I make dinner.

Just received my stuff today, which is a rest day but decided to crack it open and give it a try during the same pre dinner period as mentioned before. Powder was perfectly mixable, dissolved quickly with no clumping or any other issues. I enjoy the apple cider flavor and although I would say that it's close, it's not what I imagined. It tastes more like apple juice or a really light sweet cider, there's no tartness. But the texture/mouth feel of the liquid does make it seem a little heavier like cider. Overall still perfectly palatable and easy to drink.

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
Good stuff man, never had this flavor. Is it pretty good at masking amino flavor

Balthazar

Awards
Good stuff man, never had this flavor. Is it pretty good at masking amino flavor
I think it's really pleasant on the way down, but leaves a bit of a lingering aftertaste.

Balthazar

Awards
5/13

trained after work today so the way i did my servings was a little different than mentioned above. I did one dose in the morning right before breakfast. Then I did one intra and one post workout.

I generally eat a protein and fat rich breakfast with a moderate amount of carbs and usually my body works right through it where i'm hungry again like clockwork. i think the dose along with breakfast was good because although i still consumed my mid morning snack at work around the same time I felt sustained longer up to that point.

Mixed up another scoop for intra workout with about 2.5 times suggested amount of water. flavoring is very strong as it was quite noticeable and still tasty being diluted that far. I did need to drink plain water along with it though as it wasn't quenching but i imagine it would be nice if mixed down even further. this stuff is super sticky, when i reached my hand in to dig for the scoop the first time it was totally coated with powder upon drawing it out. i feel like this property contributes to the same feeling in your mouth.

when i do choose to get up in the morning to workout hopefully downing some of this pre workout will also aid in sustaining my hunger. it definitely did today which is nice because sometimes my sessions get drawn out and i start to dwindle in focus and effort by the end. when i workout in the morning fasted i can get down right hangry where it's all i can think about.

good stuff to mention:
i snatched 225x1 today which is a new PR!

TrainerTone

TrainerTone

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Good start bro. I'm actually taking a scoop pre and a scoop post. I'm going to start adding in another scoop daily this week.

Balthazar

Awards
Good start bro. I'm actually taking a scoop pre and a scoop post. I'm going to start adding in another scoop daily this week.
three scoops is really easy to consume over the course of a day and in consideration of one's protein requirement, it adds up really fast.

trained yesterday in the morning on my day off. i woke up a bit later than i would otherwise to workout during the week so my stomach was extra empty. i did a serving pre workout and post. during the workout i felt sustained enough that no real hunger crept up on me. The session definitely went well, everything felt strong and i had good continuous energy. I consumed the after workout dose along with a couple high protein cereal/nut bars and that was enough to satisfy and be somewhat filling. my final dose was at night, after dinner, just before bed.

a couple things i would like to mention: this stuff is so easy to consume in comparison to drinking a protein shake, it would be my obvious preference. it's really nice to have that kind of convenience when you either don't plan meals out ahead, don't have time, or need extra time to prepare one when your body already needs the nutrition. if you're really looking to increase your intake this makes it so easy. it's basically effortless when you might not be motivated to eat another meal or consume an alternate source of protein because it would be too filling.

also i think timing the doses along with my workouts has helped in recovery. i have added some different stuff in with heavier weights, some of which is decent volume, to stimulate the old posterior chain in addition to what i'm already doing, stuff like snatch/clean low pulls, snatch/clean stance dead lifts etc and there have been a couple days where i actually woke up with a little lower back soreness. the last two sessions i've had consuming this stuff i feel pretty fresh the next day by comparison.

ManimalPatB

ManimalPatB

Awards
Nice work so far man!!!!!! Keep it up!!!

Yeah, stuff goes down so easy.

Balthazar

Awards
Today I trained after work so I put down one serving with breakfast and then one pre and one post workout. I've also been sticking to 3 servings on my off days too. After several days of consuming this stuff I can say that the flavor is still delicious and hasn't worn on me to this point. More of the same to report as consuming it in the morning along with a meal keeps me feeling sustained longer throughout the rest of the morning. And in the same respect, consuming it pre-workout keeps my hunger in check as well. sometimes my sessions can go from 1.5 to 2 hours so it's definitely helpful to not have hunger creeping in by the end of it. I'm definitely feeling encouraged about recovery time as I woke up today and everything felt nice and fresh

ManimalPatB

ManimalPatB

Awards
Today I trained after work so I put down one serving with breakfast and then one pre and one post workout. I've also been sticking to 3 servings on my off days too. After several days of consuming this stuff I can say that the flavor is still delicious and hasn't worn on me to this point. More of the same to report as consuming it in the morning along with a meal keeps me feeling sustained longer throughout the rest of the morning. And in the same respect, consuming it pre-workout keeps my hunger in check as well. sometimes my sessions can go from 1.5 to 2 hours so it's definitely helpful to not have hunger creeping in by the end of it. I'm definitely feeling encouraged about recovery time as I woke up today and everything felt nice and fresh
Nice updates bro!!! Keep at it

Balthazar

Awards
5/19

Today I took 4 servings, one with breakfast, one midday, one intra and one post. I had been using a stim heavy pre workout for awhile but decided to kick the habit so I could reset my stim tolerance and get a little more cost effectiveness out of any future use. I expected that I might have a tough time but was gladly surprised. I actually ended up cutting my workout pretty short due to other obligations but it was my squat volume day. The weight and total volume prescribed had been reasonably difficult to finish more than once in previous sessions. Oddly enough, this session it felt about the easiest it has. Hopefully using Humapro to make sure everything is optimally fueled up will help me continue to put in good work until I'm used to working out stim free again.

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
Good to hear about the hunger man. Also, glad to hear the flavor isn't getting old.

NurseGray

NurseGray

Awards
Apple cider has been my favorite flavor so far but, I would also say its a flavor that I couldn't drink every single day. Its a bit on the sweet side.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm currently using the apple cider as well....not the greatest flavor but it's still enjoyable

Balthazar

Awards
so i took a bit longer of a break than normal but am back at it. due to changes in my schedule my time is a little more obligated during the weekend but regardless today went well so the extra rest certainly didn't hurt. today i did one scoop with breakfast, one midday, one pre and one post. i was going to attempt to get a session in yesterday but after going through my warmup my effort and focus felt like garbage so i decided against it. i also did not adhere to my normal dosing regimen or really consume a prime amount of nutrition either. But today was a different story. Consumed 3 doses through the day before the work out as well as a big breakfast, plenty more snacks and another meal had me back on track.

Balthazar

Awards
today i consumed one serving with breakfast and then one pre and post work out. most days i've been consistent but on my off day yesterday i only had one serving. i know keeping the dosing consistent will probably have the best overall effect but it's probably more vital to adhere to the protocol on workout days, which i have. and if i miss a serving here or there at least it will make the bottle go further. although i'm trying to bulk a little i don't account for my diet the way many others do. i haven't really taken into account all the extra activity that i've been up to lately, it's finally warm/hot when i'm working, plus keeping up with the lawn and all the yard work. i have been eating generally the same but i actually feel like i'm leaning out a little unfortunately, guess i'll have to up the calories a little bit. session was pretty consistent today and i feel like recovery between training is also going well.

ManimalPatB

ManimalPatB

Awards
Glad to see its all going well. Yeah man the yard work thing I never really take into consideration either because I have to do it every 2 weeks or so (Florida living)

Gotta eat more carbs brother!!!! haha That'll stop that leaning up

Balthazar

Awards
Glad to see its all going well. Yeah man the yard work thing I never really take into consideration either because I have to do it every 2 weeks or so (Florida living)

not too long ago i was doing a bulking shake for breakfast that was high carbs/protein and i started to put on extra fat, so i stopped that. but it might not be a bad idea to start again.

compan

compan

Awards

Nothing a pint of ice cream can't fix lol

Just read the PR from a couple weeks ago of snatching 225. Impressive! I just recently started doing snatches (not consistently enough though) and was happy when I managed 135.

Balthazar

Awards
Nothing a pint of ice cream can't fix lol

Just read the PR from a couple weeks ago of snatching 225. Impressive! I just recently started doing snatches (not consistently enough though) and was happy when I managed 135.
thanks, i was bummed i couldn't get a bit more but even a little bit of weight makes a big difference and i just didn't have it in me. consistency is definitely key though.

today, one serving with breakfast, one pre and intra and one post dinner. everything seems to be pretty consistent as far as good recovery and decent effort training. today was ridiculously hot and i think doing pre and intra might have helped work through the unfortunate outdoor conditions thanks to having all of the added nutrition. did a bunch of gardening/landscaping/yard work after session and it was nice to know that i was covered as far as nutrients go because it was too hot to work down a decent meal fast and continue on working.

Balthazar

Awards
sorry about the lack of updates there fellas but i'm back at it now. training motivation and overall strength are not feeling on point but there are a number of factors to that, personal life distractions, getting acclimated to all the heat because i work and lift outside as well as the fact that i was on a long linear progression building up to heavy attempts for my o lift stuff, plus cutting out all the stimulants. Things still feel pretty decent though but i have been taking extra rest and not adhering to my current program format.

Today I took a serving after breakfast, one pre and one post, i will probably take one more before dinner at some point. although i have tweaked my diet here and there since the year i've been back at training i've kind of been on one long recomp. i've been at the same weight since june of last year and yet i would estimate i've probably put on about 15 lbs of muscle, for instance in that time i've gained about an inch or so on my thighs and about 3/4 on my arms and i don't do anything that resembles curling or much hyper volume for anything. and it seems like this bulk has ended up being more like that than a bulk but that's ok, i probably should have figured out my caloric requirements in greater detail. for the most part other than this last week my overall effort, energy and focus has been great. muscles always feel solid and full for sure. i'm actually getting to the point where my pouch has not only reduced in size but the skin down there feels a touch loose and my abs come through if i flex. also i'm achieving a level of definition in my quads that i've never experienced in all the time i've been weight training.

ManimalPatB

ManimalPatB

Awards
Keep killing it man!!!!!!!

Balthazar

Awards
more of the same to mention today. flavor is still nice, same general dosing protocol as has been described. i did feel a bit more on today as far as energy and focus go but am continuing to do a bit of a reduction in overall volume and exercise selection. i had been pushing for steady improvement for quite some time, so i feel like i might just continue to do a sort of extended deload until i feel like i get my mojo and life balance back. My bottle is emptying out i'm sad to say but i'm won over. i definitely prefer using this product in place of shakes and it really takes the pressure off having to down so much solid food as well.

cobri66

cobri66

Awards
more of the same to mention today. flavor is still nice, same general dosing protocol as has been described. i did feel a bit more on today as far as energy and focus go but am continuing to do a bit of a reduction in overall volume and exercise selection. i had been pushing for steady improvement for quite some time, so i feel like i might just continue to do a sort of extended deload until i feel like i get my mojo and life balance back. My bottle is emptying out i'm sad to say but i'm won over. i definitely prefer using this product in place of shakes and it really takes the pressure off having to down so much solid food as well.
I agree totally with your last two sentences..

Balthazar

Awards
6/6

well i was prepared to put in a session yesterday but got rained out, that's alright. three doses so far today with normal timing protocol. it was especially nice this morning as i rushed around cleaning and getting the kids fed and ready for their day of play, i just downed my morning dose and didn't have to worry about sitting down for a full meal. between doing the normal house chores and keeping up with their maintenance/entertainment on my own, it's a bit of a handful. strength and focus felt on point today and i went through a pretty nice session. one thing that i've thought about but not made mention of yet is to also make note of the b vitamin and mineral profile that this supp has, definitely a contributing factor in added energy and overall health and well being.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
6/6

well i was prepared to put in a session yesterday but got rained out, that's alright. three doses so far today with normal timing protocol. it was especially nice this morning as i rushed around cleaning and getting the kids fed and ready for their day of play, i just downed my morning dose and didn't have to worry about sitting down for a full meal. between doing the normal house chores and keeping up with their maintenance/entertainment on my own, it's a bit of a handful. strength and focus felt on point today and i went through a pretty nice session. one thing that i've thought about but not made mention of yet is to also make note of the b vitamin and mineral profile that this supp has, definitely a contributing factor in added energy and overall health and well being.
agreed, everyone pays a ton of attention to the aminos and forgets about the other goodies humapro offers

Balthazar

Awards
6/8

sad to say that i consumed the final dose of HumaPro today. I was able to get one in with breakfast in the morning and consume one pre workout and that was all she wrote. Over all I am very happy with how this experience has gone. As noted by my log name apple cider was a great flavor and always went down smooth throughout the course of the whole bottle. The type of training I do is not directly aimed towards hypertrophy so although technically I was trying to bulk it would be hard to say how effective this supplement towards that end compared to somebody with that specific goal in mind. I can however list a whole number of effects and attributes that I found were excellent:

Reduces hunger, although obviously it won't stop ones craving for carbs, it does create a certain sustaining feeling that will get you through until your next meal. If you take it in conjunction with a meal it will make your satisfied feeling go a lot longer than the meal alone.

Easy to consume, it goes down about as easy as a glass of juice so you can put it down pretty fast. Much easier to drink than a protein shake and if you can't choke down another meal of whole food for the day, this is a super easy replacement.

Reduced fatigue/increased recovery. I feel that having all the extra nutrition provided by this product definitely helped me train hard and for the most part have consistent effort because my body always felt great as each session approached. A couple servings of this a day is just that much extra that one would need to make sure that they'll feel optimal for each workout.

Sustained energy. I consumed this pre workout every training session and intra during a few. Pretty much all my training felt great energy wise and it really helped me get through some of my longer sessions where without it i would otherwise start to feel hungry and or run down by the end.

In closing I would like to say that I enjoyed this product. I appreciate the opportunity to be able to log it. It's definitely had a positive and worthwhile effect on my training. I now prefer it compared to a protein shake. I would use this product again and recommend it to others. Thank You.

Balthazar

Awards
had to down a can of tuna for my post workout today, missing humapro already lol

ManimalPatB

ManimalPatB

Awards
6/8

sad to say that i consumed the final dose of HumaPro today. I was able to get one in with breakfast in the morning and consume one pre workout and that was all she wrote. Over all I am very happy with how this experience has gone. As noted by my log name apple cider was a great flavor and always went down smooth throughout the course of the whole bottle. The type of training I do is not directly aimed towards hypertrophy so although technically I was trying to bulk it would be hard to say how effective this supplement towards that end compared to somebody with that specific goal in mind. I can however list a whole number of effects and attributes that I found were excellent:

Reduces hunger, although obviously it won't stop ones craving for carbs, it does create a certain sustaining feeling that will get you through until your next meal. If you take it in conjunction with a meal it will make your satisfied feeling go a lot longer than the meal alone.

Easy to consume, it goes down about as easy as a glass of juice so you can put it down pretty fast. Much easier to drink than a protein shake and if you can't choke down another meal of whole food for the day, this is a super easy replacement.

Reduced fatigue/increased recovery. I feel that having all the extra nutrition provided by this product definitely helped me train hard and for the most part have consistent effort because my body always felt great as each session approached. A couple servings of this a day is just that much extra that one would need to make sure that they'll feel optimal for each workout.

Sustained energy. I consumed this pre workout every training session and intra during a few. Pretty much all my training felt great energy wise and it really helped me get through some of my longer sessions where without it i would otherwise start to feel hungry and or run down by the end.

In closing I would like to say that I enjoyed this product. I appreciate the opportunity to be able to log it. It's definitely had a positive and worthwhile effect on my training. I now prefer it compared to a protein shake. I would use this product again and recommend it to others. Thank You.
Glad you enjoyed the product brother!!!!! Glad everything seemed to go well for you and hopefully you will be getting it again ASAP!!! Great job!!!!