Mega Gainz from MegaLax By Nutraceutical Innovations

jayo84

jayo84

Awards
  • Established
Thank you to Hvactech and Nutraceutical Innovations for this great opportunity to try MegaLax!
This is their version of a Laxogenin product!

Product Info:
MegaLax 180ct delivers the biggest BANG for your BUCK with 25mg 5a-Hydroxy-Laxogenin per capsule. It has long been compared to the natural version of Anavar due to it’s ability to produce lean quality muscle with the added benefit of reduced joint tension/pain. It can be cycled for over 12 weeks with no reported negative side effects and is safe for both men and women. Most users report quality gains when dosed 100mg and above. MegaLax allows for dosing versatility for those who want to maximize the products use with lower doses, and those users who prefer to take it to extreme with a 150mg 30 day supply when used at 6 capsules per day.

I have used a laxogenin product before with some moderate results. But never have I taken it at the dose recommended by Nutraceutical Innovations. I was running my last product at 50mg a day. This time I plan on running at 100mg a day with 50mg in the morning and 50mg in the afternoon.

Every cutting season I seriously suffer from burning lean body mass. It seems to be easy for me to lean out, but I end up looking like a runner who lifts a little bit.. This year is the first year I will be cutting by using crossfit as my training. We do both olympic lifts and high intensity workouts so I should see plenty of weight.

I workout 4 days a week and usually double up classes on saturday mornings. Where I start with a barbell class at 8:30am and then a full out team workout at 9:30. Usually a brutal way to start a saturday.

Stats
5"8" Male 31 Years old
165lbs @12.5% BF
Body type: Endo/Ecto= I can cut weight pretty fast but end up looking like a runner. If I get lazy I become a jelly doughnut.

Starting Pic

I would love to be able to get to 160lbs and 9% bf.

Lets see how this goes!!

NutraChem

NutraChem

Awards
Cross-fit OR die! :p

Joe12

Joe12

Awards
In on this one, I've taken lax as well, but not at that amount. Def wonder how it will turn out.

christ83189

christ83189

Awards
  • Established
Crossfit definitely works for cutting. I couldnt keep weight on when i did it 5-6 days a week. I literally couldnt afford to eat enough to maintain even lol

jayo84

jayo84

Awards
  • Established
Yeah. It's gonna keep the fat off for sure. Pulled a 95lb sled outside today. Up a hill and total of 400 meters x2. Had a problem though. I ran a cap of burner extreme before the workout and it had me feeling like death was coming lol. Not a bad product just waaayyy too strong!! My heart rate must have been over 200 lol.

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
Yeah like everyone else said its strong!

NutraChem

NutraChem

Awards
Yeah. It's gonna keep the fat off for sure. Pulled a 95lb sled outside today. Up a hill and total of 400 meters x2. Had a problem though. I ran a cap of burner extreme before the workout and it had me feeling like death was coming lol. Not a bad product just waaayyy too strong!! My heart rate must have been over 200 lol.
After I take it, it levels off where I can actually workout in about an hour. Then I'm good to go for 8 or 10 more hrs. But yeah, kinda shaky that first hour, especially on an empty stomach! Also, after taking it daily for about a week it really smooths out and sides aren't a problem at all after that.

But maybe we should do a BX-Lite version or something?

jayo84

jayo84

Awards
  • Established
Ha-ha lol. Yeah. I would not suggest empty stomach pre workout lol. Well live and learn. Nice thing is it leveled off sooner than the first one. Very nice product

NutraTeam

NutraTeam

Awards
Yeah def not on an empty stomach if your sensitive to stims

jayo84

jayo84

Awards
  • Established
That's the funny part. I have been running around 560-800mg of caffeine a day. So I know this stuff is high octane for sure.

Captn_the

Captn_the

Banned
Awards
How's your diet? That will determine how much lbm you use on a cut. I wouldn't rely on non-anabolic supplements.

Joe12

Joe12

Awards
Crossfit definitely works for cutting. I couldnt keep weight on when i did it 5-6 days a week. I literally couldnt afford to eat enough to maintain even lol
I know exactly what you are saying! I have never done Crossfit 5-6 days a week, but I have MTB 4-5 days a week. I couldn't keep the weight on, and I was not taking any supps. I'm sure jayo84 should be able to cut 5lbs in no time, even without laxo.

NutraChem

NutraChem

Awards
I know exactly what you are saying! I have never done Crossfit 5-6 days a week, but I have MTB 4-5 days a week. I couldn't keep the weight on, and I was not taking any supps. I'm sure jayo84 should be able to cut 5lbs in no time, even without laxo.
Yeah, cut 5lbs fast for sure! But 5lbs of what? I'm pretty sure Jay is mostly trying to hold muscle. Not going catabolic is the trick.

NutraChem

NutraChem

Awards
Yeah Joe, you're a biker so you know how it goes. :)

I never did crossfit either, or got into biking that seriously, but I used to do cross country. It's the same issue - can't gain a freakin' pound unless you eat like a horse and take cortisol antagonists! Even with consistent resistance training, it takes calories and rest to gain weight. Lax is a cool option for guys who need to attenuate elevated cortisol from lots of endurance work and also need to stay natural.

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
Yeah Joe, you're a biker so you know how it goes. :)

I never did crossfit either, or got into biking that seriously, but I used to do cross country. It's the same issue - can't gain a freakin' pound unless you eat like a horse and take cortisol antagonists! Even with consistent resistance training, it takes calories and rest to gain weight. Lax is a cool option for guys who need to attenuate elevated cortisol from lots of endurance work and also need to stay natural.
and at the best dose per cap per bottle is the best option for cort/estro control

jayo84

jayo84

Awards
  • Established
You guys got it. I am trying to avoid burning too much muscle while cutting. I usually come down to 150-155lbs but look more like a runner than anything. My lbm drops to around 140lbs. I am aware that diet has everything to do with helping this cause. I know in order to burn fat you need to burn more calories than you eat, but in order to build muscle you need to be at a caloric surplus. I make sure to take in at least 130g of protein also.

jayo84

jayo84

Awards
  • Established
Today I will be doing:

Overhead Squat (9-7-5-3-1 (heavier than 2 weeks ago)) So a 1rm day!! High hopes

Skill
Partner Leg Raises (4 sets x 15 reps)

Conditioning
Metcon (Time)
For time:
-800m run
-50 pull ups
-30 snatches

RX+ = 115lb
RX = 95lb
Scaled = 75lb

I may start with 95lbs, but 30 full snatches is TOUGH

christ83189

christ83189

Awards
  • Established
Oh the snatch and pullups. Easily my two most hated exercises...

christ83189

christ83189

Awards
  • Established
Snatch especially. When i do crossfit i do butterfly pullups so hammering those out quick isn't too bad but i still dont like them

NutraChem

NutraChem

Awards
Oh the snatch and pullups. Easily my two most hated exercises...
Haha, I hear that. It's clean and jerks for me. If I forget those ace wrist supports, it's a high price to pay the next few days!

jayo84

jayo84

Awards
  • Established
Can't butterfly yet so stuck doing kipping. So walked in and seen a bigger lifter scaled to 75lb snatches. So I followed. Good thing! 30 was rough. Got done in 14:11. I am OK with that. I hit PR on my overhead squat though!!! Made look easy they said. I really locked it in. 125lbs! Very happy

christ83189

christ83189

Awards
  • Established
Can't butterfly yet so stuck doing kipping. So walked in and seen a bigger lifter scaled to 75lb snatches. So I followed. Good thing! 30 was rough. Got done in 14:11. I am OK with that. I hit PR on my overhead squat though!!! Made look easy they said. I really locked it in. 125lbs! Very happy
Yeah snatches you really cant ego lift with. And butterflies are tricky at first but once you figure them out theyre way faster.

jayo84

jayo84

Awards
  • Established
Ya, all the top people butterfly. With murph coming I need to learn!!

christ83189

christ83189

Awards
  • Established
Butterflies dont help much with murph bro, sorry lol. Just make sure you got hand protection for that one. I tear my hands open every time

christ83189

christ83189

Awards
  • Established
Haha, I hear that. It's clean and jerks for me. If I forget those ace wrist supports, it's a high price to pay the next few days!
I love clean and jerks. I havent done them for a while though. But i can clean and jerk over 100 pounds more than i can snatch unless its a good day. Some days i can get the snatches dialed in. Most days not even close.

Joe12

Joe12

Awards
Yeah snatches you really cant ego lift with. And butterflies are tricky at first but once you figure them out theyre way faster.
Mannnn, freaking power snatches killed me during the 16.3. I did the scaled at 45lb version, and about 5-6 min I was done! Ended up putting up 105 reps, so I was pleased with my score.

I'm such a gym rat I haven't learned kipping or butterfly pull-ups. I NEED to get them down. Right now I am doing weighted pull-ups to strengthen everything and get my max numbers up.

jayo84

jayo84

Awards
  • Established
Mannnn, freaking power snatches killed me during the 16.3. I did the scaled at 45lb version, and about 5-6 min I was done! Ended up putting up 105 reps, so I was pleased with my score.

I hear ya!

I'm such a gym rat I haven't learned kipping or butterfly pull-ups. I NEED to get them down. Right now I am doing weighted pull-ups to strengthen everything and get my max numbers up.
Yeah, we do weighted pull ups to work on strength as well.

Todays workout looks like this

Strength
A: Shoulder Press (3 sets x 3 reps (AHAP))
B: Push Press (3 sets x 3 reps (AHAP))
C: Push Jerk (3 sets x 3 reps (AHAP))

Conditioning
Metcon (AMRAP - Rounds and Reps)
AMRAP 10 minutes:
-2 push ups
-2 box jumps
-4,4...6,6...8,8...etc.

RX+: 30"/24"
RX: 24"/20"
Scaled: 24"/20" step ups

Skill
GHD Hip Extensions (4 sets x 10 reps)

jayo84

jayo84

Awards
  • Established
Hit it hard last night.

I hot a PR again!! Awesome stuff.

My metcon performance was awesome.. Completed 196 reps. 4th place overall male. top gun is like 7 foot tall and when he box jumps it looks like he is just hopping. It's funny when he rope climbs because after he jumps he only has 1 pull and he is at the top.. So of course he beat me..

A: Shoulder Press = 105lbs x3
B: Push Press = 125lbs x3
C: Push Jerk =135lbs x3 **PR**

Feeling good so far!

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
im in, bro

jayo84

jayo84

Awards
  • Established
welcome aboard. I Got to get some starting measurements here!

jayo84

jayo84

Awards
  • Established
Here we go, Weight and BF%

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
boom!
how tall are you?

jayo84

jayo84

Awards
  • Established
5'8"

Today is a day of rest!
Yesterday was as well lol

I need to heal up as I am going to double up tomorrow. 8:30 barbell class then 9:30 team/partner WOD.

I did pull off 3 single muscle ups on the rings. Still not efficient with that movement yet..

christ83189

christ83189

Awards
  • Established
5'8"

Today is a day of rest!
Yesterday was as well lol

I need to heal up as I am going to double up tomorrow. 8:30 barbell class then 9:30 team/partner WOD.

I did pull off 3 single muscle ups on the rings. Still not efficient with that movement yet..
Muscles ups! I never did get those down. Good job man

jayo84

jayo84

Awards
  • Established
Thanks. I would love to start stringing them together but its not happening yet.

jayo84

jayo84

Awards
  • Established
Monday is here! Saturday was ok. Barbell class really works on some fundamentals that I am missing lol. So something called a scotts press is impossible for me to do well. Its getting into a squat position at the bottom, and you need to overhead press the barbell from off your back without coming out of the squat. Terrible. Even empty bar is too rough!
I was able to bust out 145lb cleans without moving feet.
The team wod was fun and my team was #1.

christ83189

christ83189

Awards
  • Established
So something called a scotts press is impossible for me to do well.
Yeah dude those are retarded. I hate those lifts that make the barbell feel heavy. Makes me feel like a wuss lol

jayo84

jayo84

Awards
  • Established
ya, no fun. Something to do with range of motion in my opinion. We also did snatches without moving the feet. Did ok with that I guess. 75lbs on those. Really got to work on the basics. I ordered my first pair of lifting shoes also! I been using Nano pumps, which are nano 5's. Got the adidas powerlift 2.0. I guess they're not the best compared to $180 shoes, but I don't have the cash for that right now. I expect them to be better than nanos' though.

Todays Workout

Strength
Back Squat (50/8, 55/8, 60/8 x 3 sets)

Skill
Handstand Walk (5 minutes of practice or progressions)

Conditioning
Metcon (AMRAP - Rounds and Reps)
AMRAP 18 minutes:

RX+:
-100m OH carry (20/14)
-8 med ball cleans (20/14)
-8 wallballs (20/14)
-8 weighted strict pull ups (20/14)

RX:
-100m OH carry (20/14)
-8 med ball cleans (20/14)
-8 wallballs (20/14)
-8 strict pull ups

Think I may start RX+ and see how that goes. Problem is this is a 18 minute AMRAP so I could see a bunch of rounds happening...

christ83189

christ83189

Awards
  • Established
ya, no fun. Something to do with range of motion in my opinion.
Yeah stuff like that the range of motion is a killer. I have tight upper back and shoulders so I have trouble with stuff like that. Snatches especially are tough for me. I can C&J 250+ but have trouble snatching 165 lol its lame.

jayo84

jayo84

Awards
  • Established
Yeah stuff like that the range of motion is a killer. I have tight upper back and shoulders so I have trouble with stuff like that. Snatches especially are tough for me. I can C&J 250+ but have trouble snatching 165 lol its lame.
Yeah, I think this is pretty common though. Most people in my box are nowhere close in weight from snatches to c&J

Joe12

Joe12

Awards
250+ dang, that's crazy! Crossfit has some hard moves.... The WOD on Friday was 60 thuster (scaled 75lbs), and 75 burpees. That was after we warmed up with wall balls, and strength trained legs and shoulders!

christ83189

christ83189

Awards
  • Established
250+ dang, that's crazy! Crossfit has some hard moves.... The WOD on Friday was 60 thuster (scaled 75lbs), and 75 burpees. That was after we warmed up with wall balls, and strength trained legs and shoulders!
Clean and jerk is one of my better lifts. I mean i can do sets of 5 push press with 225 so i should be able to jerk alot lol. And the clean is the easy part once you get the technique down

jayo84

jayo84

Awards
  • Established
Yeah cleans for me are starting to climb. More so than most of my other lifts.. Its the whole fast elbow and get under the bar that makes it happen. The squats today will make the wod suck more for sure

jayo84

jayo84

Awards
  • Established
Yesterday went well!

For squats I was able to do 3 set of 8R for 185lbs. It was slightly over the suggested 60% because I was paired with a dude whose 1rm is slighly higher than mine. Interestingly though, my third set went better than his! I crushed it! Tied for 4th male

Handstand walks I made it 4 little steps held in place for a moment and came down. Best for me thus far. second best male

I was able to get 5 rounds and 17 reps into the next round. the strict pullups were killing me out of everything. 4th place male

Now lets talk about the laxogenin.

I am thinking I am starting to notice 2 things.

My knees feel better than they have for some time now. Less discomfort when going down the stairs first thing in the morning.
Also DOMS. I know the squats should have hit my legs pretty hard since I haven't back squatted in a month or so, however I am not too sore yet!!

Strength shows no signs of leaving me yet!

Todays Workout Pretty simple

Strength
Deadlift (EMOM 8 minutes: 5 reps @ 70-80%)
*Use a weight heavier than you did last week. I hit 185x8 last week. This will be a challenge.. I know my ass and hams hurt something feirce from this workout last time

Skill
Ring Dips (5 sets x 5 reps + 15 sec hold in support) Should be easy for me

Conditioning
Metcon (Time)
30-20-10 for time:
-Airdyne (calories)
-K2E (knees to elbow)

Absolutely wanted to skip today due to this part here. I HATE Airdyne. If any of you have used one you know why!! Its terrible!! And I suck at it lol

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
jayo84 doing good so far bro- are you taking anything else with this? pre work out or add't bcaa's before during or after. Thinking of using lax at some point in the near future. Curious as to the doms effect, which is a great thing. It will come but if it is less than normal with lax use, this is HUGE

christ83189

christ83189

Awards
  • Established
Yesterday went well!

For squats I was able to do 3 set of 8R for 185lbs. It was slightly over the suggested 60% because I was paired with a dude whose 1rm is slighly higher than mine. Interestingly though, my third set went better than his! I crushed it! Tied for 4th male

Handstand walks I made it 4 little steps held in place for a moment and came down. Best for me thus far. second best male

I was able to get 5 rounds and 17 reps into the next round. the strict pullups were killing me out of everything. 4th place male

Now lets talk about the laxogenin.

I am thinking I am starting to notice 2 things.

My knees feel better than they have for some time now. Less discomfort when going down the stairs first thing in the morning.
Also DOMS. I know the squats should have hit my legs pretty hard since I haven't back squatted in a month or so, however I am not too sore yet!!

Strength shows no signs of leaving me yet!

Todays Workout Pretty simple

Strength
Deadlift (EMOM 8 minutes: 5 reps @ 70-80%)
*Use a weight heavier than you did last week. I hit 185x8 last week. This will be a challenge.. I know my ass and hams hurt something feirce from this workout last time

Skill
Ring Dips (5 sets x 5 reps + 15 sec hold in support) Should be easy for me

Conditioning
Metcon (Time)
30-20-10 for time:
-Airdyne (calories)
-K2E (knees to elbow)

Absolutely wanted to skip today due to this part here. I HATE Airdyne. If any of you have used one you know why!! Its terrible!! And I suck at it lol
Good work bro. The handstand walks will come. Its kinda funny i was never able to do any sort of distance on Handstand walks til i stopped trying to practice them for a while. When i came back to them i went all the way across the gym. You'll get them.

I second that on the airdyne. I use to have to use those alot doing mma conditioning. And the rowing machine. I hated rowing for calories too.