CardioTryx Marathon Training

jgntyce

jgntyce

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Thanks dsade for allowing me to log the infamous Evomuse Cardiotryx. My goal is to increase my running capacity which would lead me to my first marathon. I will also be using Millenium Sport Technologies Cordygen Ultra V02 max and Athlytes ATP. Let the madness begin!
jalfrey MidwestBeast

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I'm in on this.

jgntyce

jgntyce

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
What are some good food choices for pre, intra, and post workout in relation to my regimen?

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
What are some good food choices for pre, intra, and post workout in relation to my regimen?
Post your training and you'll get some better answers to this question.

jgntyce

jgntyce

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Post your training and you'll get some better answers to this question.
I am training for a marathon so I have been running. Right now I am at 30 minutes continuous running.

jalfrey

jalfrey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
In on this!

jgntyce

jgntyce

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I will also dose SNS creatinol-o-phosphate pre workout!
booneman77 mw1 Jiigzz

jgntyce

jgntyce

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1460380912.749277.jpg

When I first decided to train for running endurance, I could barely run for a minute straight. With consistent training, proper hydration, proper nutrition, and recovery, i feel I am definitely on my way!

mikelly1107

mikelly1107

Awards
  • Established
In for this. Just finished my first marathon two weeks ago, despite not nearly having as much training as I wanted. Been curious about cardiotryx, though finding them stateside is almost impossible now (right?), but I've been looking into endurance supps myself. Been using sport legs for cycling and its been a noticeable increase in performance. Definitely will be following along this log.

jgntyce

jgntyce

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
In for this. Just finished my first marathon two weeks ago, despite not nearly having as much training as I wanted. Been curious about cardiotryx, though finding them stateside is almost impossible now (right?), but I've been looking into endurance supps myself. Been using sport legs for cycling and its been a noticeable increase in performance. Definitely will be following along this log.
Welcome bro! How long did u train for? What other supps did u take and what was your overall time?

mikelly1107

mikelly1107

Awards
  • Established
Welcome bro! How long did u train for? What other supps did u take and what was your overall time?
ended up really only training for ~3 weeks, due to spring break (certainly took THAT week off haha), with a bit of training before then. Ended up doing 3 bigger runs (double digits), though I definitely wanted to do more. Throughout I was taking creatine and joint supps, which I found to be key on the knees after the long runs. I continued lifting and swimming as much as i could throughout the training as well. Since it was my first I just wanted to post a good time, and will probably be training harder/smarter for the next one so I can really crush a pr. Ended up crossing in at 3:52, which was great since I was aiming for a 4.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
In for the sweats! ;)

jgntyce

jgntyce

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
ended up really only training for ~3 weeks, due to spring break (certainly took THAT week off haha), with a bit of training before then. Ended up doing 3 bigger runs (double digits), though I definitely wanted to do more. Throughout I was taking creatine and joint supps, which I found to be key on the knees after the long runs. I continued lifting and swimming as much as i could throughout the training as well. Since it was my first I just wanted to post a good time, and will probably be training harder/smarter for the next one so I can really crush a pr. Ended up crossing in at 3:52, which was great since I was aiming for a 4.
Nice! Congrats on the finish! What I liked is that you cross trained with other sports as well.

Out of curiosity, did u walk any portions of that marathon?

mikelly1107

mikelly1107

Awards
  • Established
Nice! Congrats on the finish! What I liked is that you cross trained with other sports as well.

Out of curiosity, did u walk any portions of that marathon?
I was really stupid in signing up for a marathon based on a date and not a location. found out the morning of at 345 when I woke up to get there that the course profile was "Continuous Rolling Hills". Suffice to say I had to walk an uphill or two on the back 6, and certainly not ashamed to admit it haha.

jgntyce

jgntyce

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I was really stupid in signing up for a marathon based on a date and not a location. found out the morning of at 345 when I woke up to get there that the course profile was "Continuous Rolling Hills". Suffice to say I had to walk an uphill or two on the back 6, and certainly not ashamed to admit it haha.
Oh wow. And you still finished considering the situation. There is no shame in walking...definitely during a long marathon ...

mikelly1107

mikelly1107

Awards
  • Established
Oh wow. And you still finished considering the situation. There is no shame in walking...definitely during a long marathon ...
Yeah it was a long morning but its a great feeling. Have you run any other races/noticeable distances up to this point?

jgntyce

jgntyce

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Yeah it was a long morning but its a great feeling. Have you run any other races/noticeable distances up to this point?
I used to run cross country and ran the 800 meters for track back in high school. So, this is unchartered territory for me.

mikelly1107

mikelly1107

Awards
  • Established
I used to run cross country and ran the 800 meters for track back in high school. So, this is unchartered territory for me.
ok ok thats better than a lot of people. I played rugby and soccer, but had never run much actual distance, and that was a while ago in itself. Its very doable though just get a good playlist and take care of your feet is my suggestion

alfeer

alfeer

Awards
Sports legs?

mikelly1107

mikelly1107

Awards
  • Established
*deleted the link*

just google the name and youll find it

seems gimmicky but i have a probably-should-be-unfounded-but-isnt trust in the AM community. Got some thread mentions and I tried it out and I like it. Literally bought it on a whim and didnt expect anything from it but its a cool little supp.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
In! Will be keeping an eye on this one

jgntyce

jgntyce

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1460582601.850486.jpg

My runs are much easier since using Cardiotryx and SNS Creatinol o phosphate along with MST Cordygen Vo2 Max and athlytes ATP! The synergy amongst the products is definitely a winning combo for running endurance!

jgntyce

jgntyce

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1460649054.611222.jpg

Jump rope interval workout!

#focus

jgntyce

jgntyce

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
ok ok thats better than a lot of people. I played rugby and soccer, but had never run much actual distance, and that was a while ago in itself. Its very doable though just get a good playlist and take care of your feet is my suggestion
Thanks for the suggestions brother!

mikelly1107

mikelly1107

Awards
  • Established
have you had experience using athlytes ATP solo before?

jgntyce

jgntyce

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
have you had experience using athlytes ATP solo before?
Yes..I take two pre workout and two post workout. I feel more recovered after a long marathon training session.

mikelly1107

mikelly1107

Awards
  • Established
Yes..I take two pre workout and two post workout. I feel more recovered after a long marathon training session.
Ok cool. I haven't heard a whole lot about it but it sounds interesting

jgntyce

jgntyce

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Ok cool. I haven't heard a whole lot about it but it sounds interesting
Yea brother it works. It helps to keep you hydrated during long and intense cardio training sessions.

jgntyce

jgntyce

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1460837210.892883.jpg

Runs are getting much easier! Will be adding SNS beta alanine to the mix as well!

jalfrey

jalfrey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Wow, man! You've come a long way during the past few months! Great work!

jgntyce

jgntyce

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Wow, man! You've come a long way during the past few months! Great work!
Thank you brother! It all started with MST products and now it's just evolving by adding other supps. MST will always be a part of the supplement regimen!

jgntyce

jgntyce

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1460958958.721448.jpg

Jumping rope workouts as my "active rest day" from running.

#focus

Geoforce

Geoforce

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Some great cardio supplements. Can't go wrong with CardioTryx and the sick line MST has of products.

jgntyce

jgntyce

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Some great cardio supplements. Can't go wrong with CardioTryx and the sick line MST has of products.
Yes sir! I am loving the Cardiotryx so far! Do you know when it will be back in stock?

jgntyce

jgntyce

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1460994702.711261.jpg

I am able to push harder and longer, especially during the jump rope workouts. Cardiotryx definitely helps as I am experiencing that "no pain" feeling. Usually when I am jump roping, I feel pain in my calves and Achilles. Not anymore! I strongly feel that SNS COP is also a huge factor in the strength and recovery dept.

#focus

jgntyce

jgntyce

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
40 minutes continuous running....Cardiotryx works!

jgntyce

jgntyce

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
good stuff man!
Thank you brother! I could have easily gone for longer..maybe for an hour...my endurance is slowly but surely getting better and better.

jgntyce

jgntyce

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Second consecutive day with a 40 minute run. I have added other supplements for this endurance regimen. I have also added SNS BETA ALANINE, HMB, and BLR FOLLIDRONE 2.0 to the mix. All this synergy has my endurance sky rocketing!