Keto Induce

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm running a log elsewhere, but I just started Keto Induce on Friday night, so I wanted to share my observations over here, too.

Friday: 239.0 lbs.

Normally I lift in the AM, but I lifted after work. I took the last 2 days off to let my body rest up and also ate a bit more relaxed the past 3 days to get it out of my system. Nothing terrible, but definitely not typical.

The awesome thing was all of the glycogen and fuel especially without having lifted resulted in some INSANE pumps, today.

It was Max-OT arms, and in between sets, I sprinted up the stairs and then walked at a brisk pace a lap on the track. I ended up with 25 total stair sprints and thus 2.5 miles logged on the track in between my sets.

Lifting was this:

Standing EZ Bar Curls: 145x6 (x3) / 90x12 / 70x15
Incline bench DB Curls: 60's x 6 (x3) / 35's x 8
DB Hammer Curls: 140's x 6 / x 5 / x 4 / 60's x 12 / 45's x 15

Tricep Bar Cable Pushdowns: 145x6 / 150x6 (x2) / 100x12
Solo Overhead Cable Rope Extensions: 60x6 (x3) / 37.5x20 / 32.5x30
45* Cable Ring Reverse Curls: 22.5x8 / 27.5x8 (x2) / 17.5x20

Arms are to the point of cramping any time I move them too much lol.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Okay, Friday night was my first dose of Keto Induce (really excited to see if this lives up to the potential -- if it does, it'll be a game-changer). Diet was very tight all day and the wife made shrimp enchiladas, so that's what I ate once I finally sat down around 8:30 (finished up by 9). Dosed my Keto Induce 2 hours later at 11 PM and I think the problem was I took my first dose of AlphaBurn along with it (8mg alpha-Y). So whether it was the excitement of this new venture or the alpha-Y (in hindsight, I'm now pretty sure that was it lol), I went to lay down about midnight and tossed and turned finally falling asleep. Woke up and had to pee and figured it was nearly 5 AM, but it wasn't even 2. So then I laid there for another half hour and said screw it, sleep wasn't going to happen (and I have zero issues with sleep, so this was new to me). Watched TV and read downstairs laying on the couch thinking that might help, but I finally fell asleep sometime after 5:15 AM. Woof. Had planned on getting up at 6:15 to go lift, but I ended up sleeping til about 8:30 to at least get 3 hours of sleep in before hitting the gym.

Got to the gym around 9:30 and knocked out my normal delts/traps session and added on legs (I normally do those on Friday and arms are normally Thursday, but my extra days of rest before this contest pushed things back and I wasn't going to completely skip a session).

Here was yesterday's workout:

and what it looked like from my Fitbit:

All I had consumed prior to my session was a scoop of MCT Evolved (MCT powder) and 1 serving of Modern BCAA. Drank my Compete + 5g taurine during my workout and finished it off with 75g isolate at Noon.

Had to run to the store and pick up a few things including a small birthday gift for our friend, then rushed home to shower and change. Had a couple leftover enchiladas and then we headed to our friends'. We rode up in their jeep about an hour and a half up to a local winery and did a brief tour and a tasting. Got to sample 8 different wines of our choosing (which was awesome; because not that I've done many tastings, but I'm not a fan of dry wines or anything fancy, so I got to pick out the sweet ones and they were all delicious -- including a raspberry infusion that was made with brandy and taste like a juicebox). After that we each got to split a small pizza and then we went to a restaurant back home where we were going to do dessert, but it took so long that everyone ended up just having dinner, haha. I just had a basic salad with fried chicken tenders on top (not as much as I was hoping). Got home at 10:30, so my day was a little messed up diet wise (I meant to bring a few Quest bars with but forgot them). I was so fixated on dessert I ended up having a pint of Graeter's gelato that I'd had stashed in the fridge. Only 800 calories total, so not bad; and then some Snickers fun size bars that were left over. Not what I had planned on, but still was fine on my total cal intake for the day.

Here is what yesterday looked like as a whole:

Yesterday (Saturday) I weighed in at 233.2 lbs to start off my morning.

This morning (Sunday) I stepped on at 232.0 lbs.

In a few hours I'll go play basketball and I plan to keep calories pretty tight today and raise protein up to make up for yesterday. We'll see what I clock in at tomorrow morning.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Happy to have you guys aboard!

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
So I'm going to start doing my full summations the day after they occur -- makes it easier for uploading a daily snap of the fitbit info as well as my workout notes.

But I will mention that I played 2 hours of basketball today (almost). Started off the day with sampling 2 different scoops of Finaflex's new Clear Protein (strawberry and frosted churro) each with 8oz. vanilla CarbMaster milk for a total of 420 calories and 66g protein. About 1.5 hours later, I dosed my pre-basketball mix. Today that was:

CardioTryx
200mg caffeine
25mg ephedrine
1 scoop Max Reps
3g beta alanine
500mg COP
15mg GW

Dosed about 30-40 minutes before I play ball, though the Max Reps (with the COP and BA) was sipped on during the drive over and finished just as I started.

Caught 2 full court games before we ended up with 20 people there and forcing us to split into 2 half court games. I hate half court as I just don't get the run in. It's not as bad when it's 4 on 4 because you get decent spacing, but 5 on 5 half court is just miserable. So I half-heartedly played the first game as my energy was just zapped and our team wasn't playing any good D at all (and sloppy on offense just chucking up shots with no ball movement). We lost like 15-1 and I went up to the track to walk.

I started this the last time I played. If I'm not on the court, I'm walking on the track. I'm making sure I'm moving for the entire 2 hours that I'm there. Gets me some good calorie burn, but also keeps my legs loose (as in the past, the tightening up is worse near the end if I've had to sit).

So I walked the track for probably 30 minutes or so total (during one game when we had to play 4 on 4 with 19 total people and one team of 4 to the other 3 teams of 5 -- I volunteered to sit so I didn't have to screw around with subbing in and out -- and then just for a bit when our game finished sooner than the other half). Other than that, moving the entire time and got a good 1500 calories burnt and 5.25 miles covered.

I will say that the endurance was fantastic (I also sip on 1 scoop of Compete + 5g taurine during the game and I mixed that up twice this time over the 2 hours). I think the stack I used will be my go to for a while since you have to avoid creatine close to dosing of CardioTryx and many pre-workouts have creatine in them and I like to get that energy burst before playing.

I had 75g whey isolate with water as soon as I finished up and all I've eaten aside from that thus far was a little energy ball my friend's daughter made when they dropped over by (oatmeal + PB and the likes) -- she's a cute/good little cook and it was actually delicious, haha. I would have eaten all of them if they weren't taking them on the road with them to the Winter Jam concert tonight.

Stepped on the scale for kicks as I got home and started laundry and it was 229.8 -- down from 239.0 all carbed up and full on Friday morning lol.

Sitting at 720 calories and 140g protein right now. Will probably have a couple quest bars and maybe some eggs and ham to round out the night; or maybe go ahead and do some oats with the frosted churro protein added in there. But total cals will be low today to make up for yesterday.

That's all for now, but I'll update tomorrow with today's stats and then follow up on my workout. Chest on tap for tomorrow morning.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Total cals are about 1800 (only thing I didn't know stats on were the salsa I added to my scrambled eggs and cheese -- just didn't measure it). Protein at 245g.

Gonna sip some E9 and slam my KI at 9:45.

TWD finale time, kids!

Geoforce

Geoforce

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
In for the nudez

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sunday, April 3:

Finished eating around 7:45 PM, drank some Ergonine and then dosed my Keto Induce and MCT Evolved at 9:45 PM. Watched TWD finale and was not at all pleased with it. Laid down a little before 11 PM and didn't sleep well. Wife was gone to the Winter Jam concert and it ended at almost Midnight instead of the 10 PM she initially thought lol. She had a blast, but she didn't get home til 12:45 AM and her friend drove, so she called me to come unlock the door. I got up to do that and went straight back up to pass out.

Fitbit app showed me as restless 23x last night -- nothing like my normal sleep. Not sure how much of that has to do with KI or anything else, but I'll keep an eye on that.

Here are the stats from yesterday's basketball:

and a capture of my entire day:

Monday, April 4:

Weight: 229.6 lbs.

Hit heavy chest and got 2.5 miles in on the track in just under 1.5 hours. I'll post the stats tomorrow for that.

Should be a chill day the rest of the day.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
In dis

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Finished eating at 6:30 and dosed KI and MCT Evolved at 8:30 with my pre-bed supps.

Cals were probably around 2500ish. Calorie burn is 3700 right now so it'll probably be 3850 or so by the time 12 hits.

Heavy back session in the AM.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Okay, today was an INSANELY busy day at the office. I had students in my office from just before 10 AM until just a few minutes ago. I luckily had one finish up about 15 minutes early so I was able to go slam a protein shake at ~2:30, but hadn't eaten anything since my shake at 7:30 AM post-workout. Yowza.

So there was no chance of me getting to hang online with you guys until the work day was over, haha. But I am done now and trying to wrap up this stuff so I can leave the office and go have dinner with the wife.

Monday, April 4:

It was a Max-OT chest day with cardio mixed in. Here are the stats via Fitbit:

And here is the actual workout:

And here is a capture of all of yesterday:

You'll see from the numbers (and from my notes) that my chest (all pressing, really) strength is really stifled. It hasn't been great to begin with after a hip imbalance that developed about 6 years ago, but now nearly 2 months ago I had a brachial plexus injury (that I noticed during deadlifts; it was already tweaked slightly prior to that) and that has made matters worse. My left thumb and index finger are numb/have that tingling sensation on the inner half of each of them. But the bigger issue concerning lifting is that my left shoulder blade is just really odd, now. I don't know how to describe it other than I can't push off from it and I don't have an even/flat base. I went to my chiropractor a couple times, but it didn't do anything aside from get rid of that temporary pain at the onset near my neck. So I'm not sure where I'll go from here. A friend of mine (from the forums, no less) just finished school to become a PT and he was saying that's what I need to get it sorted out. I hadn't thought about that until he mentioned it as an option and it makes sense, but sadly, I can't justify paying for it right now with the way my health insurance coverage is. Only way I could justify it is if I was in agonizing pain.

So that's just a glimpse into why those chest numbers are pretty pathetic (and down DRASTICALLY from what they were just 2 months or less ago). I had worked my way back up to 335x5 for 3 sets and now I can't even press 275x4 for 1. It's bad.

So yesterday's workout was good. Had my 75g whey isolate post workout and then had 2 pumpkin Quest Bars for a late lunch (had a meeting that ran til almost 1 PM) and for dinner my wife made crockpot BBQ chicken that was wonderful. I did 2 open face buns (120cal/4g pro each) with some reduced fat Sargento colby jack cheese (50cal/5g pro each) on each one and just layered a bunch of chicken on top, haha. We ate at 5 since she was off (spring break) and I had barely eaten all day. So, I ended up feeling hungry about an hour after and just pulled some tortilla chips onto a paper plate, layered with some shredded cheese and topped off with a bit more of the chicken and the last of some sour cream we had (maybe 2 tbsp at best) and had some delicious nachos, haha. I'd guess total cals for yesterday were probably about 2500 (less than 3,000 for absolute sure even if I underestimate the cals from the chicken -- I counted the chips and everything else closely enough). Final feeding was at 6:30 PM and Keto Induce along with my other nightly supps were dosed at 8:30 PM.

Went to lay down about 9:15 and wound up saying awake til 11 PM because Castle came on at 10 and I got suckered into watching it live instead of just catching it on Hulu. Had all intention of going to bed early last night lol (maybe tonight).

Got about 6 hours of good, hard sleep.

Tuesday, April 5:

Weight: 229.2 lbs.

Down again and feeling vascular and lean (though my midsection is feeling a bit soft despite the scale drop). Staying the course, though -- no body dysmorphia mental games going to mess with me this time around. Trust the process.

Had a great back session (I'll share those details tomorrow after I have a full capture of today's stats, as always).

A buddy of mine texted just a few minutes ago and said they're playing basketball tonight at the HS he works at, so I'm probably gonna go do that after dinner. If I pull that off, the calorie burn from today will be nuts. Tomorrow morning is supposed to be a cardio day (and the wife is actually planning on going with me since she's off and I'll only be there about an hour), so hopefully I can do this tonight and still go in and at least do some light work. I just need that regularity of going to the gym to get the morning endorphin rush/release.

4 days down, 87 (more like 86.4 lol) to go!

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
1:45 of basketball this evening and another 1,200 calories burned (3.7 miles logged). Woof.

I'm sitting at like 5k cals burned for the day via fitbit. I am EX-HAUSTED.

Debating on if I'll do cardio in the AM (that was the plan as it's my off day). I'll see how I feel when the alarm goes off at 5:30.

CJNator

Awards
1:45 of basketball this evening and another 1,200 calories burned (3.7 miles logged). Woof.

I'm sitting at like 5k cals burned for the day via fitbit. I am EX-HAUSTED.

Debating on if I'll do cardio in the AM (that was the plan as it's my off day). I'll see how I feel when the alarm goes off at 5:30.
I've been waking up with mental clarity no matter how long I sleep, its been putting a nice pep in my step lol you'll probably be feeling great tomorrow.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've been waking up with mental clarity no matter how long I sleep, its been putting a nice pep in my step lol you'll probably be feeling great tomorrow.
I've felt good each morning so far, but that's also because I hit the gym as soon as I wake up (i don't give myself the option to skip), so the endorphin rush just had me feeling great. I normally sleep like a rock, but that has not been the case thus far.

Just cracked open a bottle of Sleephoria -- hoping that will assist.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Tuesday, April 5:

Woke up at 5 AM to hit it. Took my standard supps and rock and roll. Here was Workout Number 1 (more on that...lol) via Fitbit:

and here was the actual workout:

Got a text from a buddy as I was about to leave the office that they were playing ball, so I decided to partake since it's been hard the last year to get an extra day of hooping in outside of Sundays at church. My friend is a couple years younger than me and actually coaches one of the local HS teams, so that's where we played which was nice. Turns out he actually had some of his players (since we're on spring break) come out with some of his former players/graduates. I was definitely the oldest dude there lol, but my friend is only 3 years younger at least. Anyway, I was happy that he picked me up to run with his team as I just want to rebound and play D. We won every game we played, which was great.

I had dinner with the wife first (buffalo chicken lettuce wraps that were actually really, really good -- I tried one on a tortilla and ended up having 3 total on lettuce because it was so crisp/fresh that it tasted better -- I was surprised) around 6 PM. Took my pre-cardio mix at 6:45, changed, and headed out (about a 20 minute drive). Ball at 7:15. Here are the stats via Fitbit:

You can see a few lulls in there. We played 2 full court games and then had to go down to half because of the number of guys there. Unfortunately one team only had 4, so the 2 times that happened, I sat to let my team play. Since I was a guest and one of the guys on our team was the coach and another was a current player, I took a back seat just because I was gracious for the invite. Normally I wouldn't be keen on that, but it's okay. I'd already logged 2.5 miles that morning in addition to lifting anyway, lol. But as you can see, it was a pretty nice calorie burn and my average HR was actually impressive considering those 2 times sitting out.

Here is yesterday's capture:

Pretty sure that's the highest calorie burn day I've had since owning the Fitbit back in September, but a day that I played flag football and also lifted in the AM may have been close.

Last time I ate was at about 6 when we finished dinner. After basketball (~9:15) I had 2 scoops of HumaPro. I was exhausted by the time I got home around 9:40 PM and tossed my clothes in the laundry room to dry out, and slammed my pre-bed supps: Keto Induce + MCT Evolved, agmatine, MK677, Gut Health, vitamin B, vitamin C, coQ10. Went to grab a quick shower after that and then did a bit of work on the computer while relaxing in the recliner.

Wasn't tired in a sleepy sense; but physically exhausted. Decided to pop open a bottle of Sleephoria that I have to see if that would help. I generally don't have issues at all with sleep, but it's evident now that since starting this run on April 1, it's being impacted. Now tonight very well may have been just from getting that second workout in late and my pre-cardio mix of 280mg caffeine (via one caffeine cap and CardioTryx), 25mg ephedrine, and AlphaBurn. But I still had felt similarly the past few nights even when not dosing any of that since ~15 hours prior to lying down. I'll keep monitoring it.

I ended up falling asleep sometime after 1:15 AM and woke up several times again. Alarm went off at 5:30 and I said no to cardio since I'd barely slept. Snoozed it to 7:45 and woke up at 6:30 and again at 7:40 before the alarm and decided to just get up at that point. So I at least wasn't completely without sleep, but it wasn't deep, relaxing rest.

That said, I didn't feel groggy or sleepy at all once I got up -- just worn down. Hopefully Sleephoria will help moving forward and obviously watching the stim intake and working out closer to bed (even though that had never bothered me in the slightest previously).

Wednesday, April 6:

Weight: 227.6 lbs.

I expected a drop from the calorie burn yesterday and just depleting everything I had in me (water and glycogen), but this was more than I'd expected. The biggest shock was actually seeing some slight improvement in my lower ab outlines. There's still a good chunk of loose fat down there that's hanging and looking softer as I've mentioned, but there were some areas that it slightly tightened up. Been a very long time since I've seen that particular improvement, so that's very promising.

I may decide to do some light cardio this evening (walk in the neighborhood with the wife or LISS on the treadmill for a couple miles watching some TV). We'll just see how I feel.

Calories will remain on the lower end (with carbs staying on the lower end also) for today and tomorrow I will ramp them up. Nothing crazy, but will definitely refeed a bit as I'll have arms Thursday morning and legs Friday morning, so it will be well utilized.

Other Notes:

Started OG MyoSynergy (my final bottle) this morning and will also start Testruction today, as well. Any other changes I make from the original layout will be addressed as they occur.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Last night was dose #5 of Keto Induce.

I woke up at 227.6 lbs. this morning (I've gone down each day since starting).

Now, keep in mind that my training is super intense and my diet is on LOCK. So it's not like this was the only change, but I think it is worth noting.

That said, my sleep has been terrible since starting. However, I feel very rested (mentally) when rising, despite that. The physical exhaustion persists, though.

Last food ingested last night was at 6 PM, basketball from 7:30-9:15 PM, 2 scoops HumaPro as soon as I finished, Keto Induce and MCT Evolved (along with other night-time supps) ingested at 9:40 PM once I got home, went to bed at 12 AM but didn't fall asleep until after 1:15 AM, woke up several times through the night and ultimately got out of bed at 7:40 AM. Just broke my fast at 11:30 AM with 2 Pumpkin Pie Quest bars and could really feel the warmth (30 minutes later, veins are now popping a bit more, too).

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Last night was dose #5 of Keto Induce.

I woke up at 227.6 lbs. this morning (I've gone down each day since starting).

Now, keep in mind that my training is super intense and my diet is on LOCK. So it's not like this was the only change, but I think it is worth noting.

That said, my sleep has been terrible since starting. However, I feel very rested (mentally) when rising, despite that. The physical exhaustion persists, though.

Last food ingested last night was at 6 PM, basketball from 7:30-9:15 PM, 2 scoops HumaPro as soon as I finished, Keto Induce and MCT Evolved (along with other night-time supps) ingested at 9:40 PM once I got home, went to bed at 12 AM but didn't fall asleep until after 1:15 AM, woke up several times through the night and ultimately got out of bed at 7:40 AM. Just broke my fast at 11:30 AM with 2 Pumpkin Pie Quest bars and could really feel the warmth (30 minutes later, veins are now popping a bit more, too).
I just realized you started at 239. What kinda deficit are you running?

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I just realized you started at 239. What kinda deficit are you running?
That's definitely misleading. Check this out:

It's more like a drop from 232 and not 239. In the 3 days leading up to April 1 when I started this, I decided to let myself eat what I want and took 2 days off from lifting, too (which I never do lol). So I absolutely blew up and held more water, too. I didn't eat HORRIBLE, and as you can see, a lot of that was water/glycogen that was knocked right back out.

So a drop that's still impressive, but it's not like "OMG 12 lbs LOST IN 5 DAYZ!" Don't worry, no Cambridge scientists lurking around with secrets or trainers that secretly hate me ;)

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
BTW, that bf% estimate is just what's plugged in. It was defaulted to 20% and I switched it to 16 a while back. I honestly have no idea what it is.

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
That's definitely misleading. Check this out:

It's more like a drop from 232 and not 239. In the 3 days leading up to April 1 when I started this, I decided to let myself eat what I want and took 2 days off from lifting, too (which I never do lol). So I absolutely blew up and held more water, too. I didn't eat HORRIBLE, and as you can see, a lot of that was water/glycogen that was knocked right back out.

So a drop that's still impressive, but it's not like "OMG 12 lbs LOST IN 5 DAYZ!" Don't worry, no Cambridge scientists lurking around with secrets or trainers that secretly hate me ;)
That sounds more reasonable, mostly because I've only been using KI for a day or two and I've already dropped almost 1 lb, which is impressive since I've only been strict dieting since the start of the log.

ms_mac

ms_mac

Awards
Are most of you weighing daily?

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have to.

I'm OCD and have had body image issues for a LONG time. I generally advocate for people to check it semi-regularly and not like I do, but if I chose weekly, for example, and saw the scale go up a pound just because it was following the wrong meal or something, I'd go off the rails and binge. It's bad. But I know myself.

So I weigh in first thing every morning as soon as I pee. Consistent variables.

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I don't really weigh myself daily unless I'm logging something because honestly, my water weight/glycogen storage or whatever basically ruins the real meaning of weight and I just make sure I don't pudge out.

ms_mac

ms_mac

Awards
Ok, good to know. I usually weigh weekly - Sat mornings. I will just continue with that then.:)

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Ok, good to know. I usually weigh weekly - Sat mornings. I will just continue with that then.:)
thats what I do too... but i dont ahve the option other days since I travel weekdays for work ha.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Okay, so yesterday ended up being an entire off day. I also cut the stims after my morning Alphamine that I drink as soon as I get to the office on off days. Felt the headache coming on around 3:30 or so and was tired when I got home. Fixed dinner -- took the leftover Buffalo shredded chicken the wife made and scrambled some eggs (with garlic and onion powder, and then cheese mixed in), and made 3 little burritos with the Mission Carb Smart or Carb Balance (whatever it is) tortillas. They were really good. Also had a small glass of Coke Zero (about 6 oz.), so I got a little bit of caffeine, but a drop in the bucket compared to my normal usage. Waited about an hour and had a pint of Halo Top. Wife picked me up the mint chip flavor this past week. It wasn't as good as the birthday cake. It's still good; but the texture just felt a bit different (not as creamy). Not sure if that had to do with me needing to wait for it to thaw a bit or just differences in the 2 mixes. Still good, though. Cals were around 1800 that I could do the specific math for. What I didn't have specifics for were the chicken and the cheese. So it probably ended up being around 23-2400 would be my guess; not high by any means.

Here's yesterday's capture via Fitbit:

Definitely laughable after seeing all my workout days (especially the 0 minutes of activity LOL). But it is what it is and I'm fine with it.

Ended up falling asleep shortly after my ice cream while watching TV in the recliner about 7-7:15 and woke up about 9 PM. Got up, mixed up my Keto Induce and MCT Evolved, along with my night-time supps and headed upstairs to bed. Passed out pretty quickly after lying down, too, which was great.

So here's the weird thing. I slept long and great last night. However, I woke up around 3 AM and felt like I'd been asleep for ages, so I checked the watch on my fitbit -- not close enough to 5 to get up; so I made myself fall back asleep. Happened again at 4 AM. Then I ultimately got up at 5. So I netted 2 hours of nap time and 7.5 hours of real sleep (bed sleep lol). I'm not sure if it was just because of that 9.5 hours total, which is more than I normally get/aim for, or if the KI has anything to do with it. It's not a complaint, just a unique observation. It's a very different feeling than any I can recall when waking up mid-night/mid-morning.

Anyway, had a killer workout today but I'll elaborate on that tomorrow after the day is over.

Thursday, April 7:

This was the first day since starting on Friday that the scale has actually not gone down (and in fact, went up). Obviously I'm not concerned by that. Even with 100-130g carbs yesterday, my glycogen stores were going to fill back up and there was no workout to pull more water out. Felt soft again and didn't look as good in the mirror as the day prior.

However, after the morning workout, I weighed in at 228.0 lbs and that was after slamming a protein shake and all the water I drank while lifting. More importantly was I felt significantly tighter.

Full report on Thursday (today) will come after the full day is over.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
This is why I weigh in every morning.

From Wednesday I have gone up 2 pounds each day: 227, 229, 231, 233 this morning. Mentally very hard to deal with when cutting, but I just have to power through it. Burned 4500 cals yesterday and logged 8 miles, so I know I didn't just gain all that weight.

I'll have full updates later with all the numbers, stats, and details, but I wanted to post this real quick because there have been times that would deflate me and I'd just slack off and binge. That's why I'm heading to the gym now -- not allowing myself that opportunity.

CJNator

Awards
I wouldn't worry. I'm maintaining at 160(and I've been pretty precised since my weight stayed the same) but I'm up and fluctuating around 164 since incorporating KI.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Thirded. Since starting KI my weight hasn't budged. Maybe some very slight body comp changes going on but seems to be mostly just maintaining a balance of slight bloat/fullness vs noticeable fat loss

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Busy weekend meant not being able to sit at a computer until now -- updates since Thursday:

Thursday, April 7:

Had a great workout Thursday morning. Got in a great arm session and the pump was solid.

Fitbit capture:

Workout log:

and Fitbit capture for the entire day:

Planned on staying up to watch the Spurs/Warriors game and made it til 10:30 when it started, but managed to pass out in the recliner before tip even happened lol. Woke up a minute into it, fell back asleep, and then woke up maybe 2 other times, but saw in the 3rd when I did that it wasn't close, so I didn't fight it. Ended up waking up at 2 AM and headed up to the bed. Took a vacation day in advance for Friday since my wife was wrapping up spring break that day so we could take a day trip to Louisville.

Friday, April 8

Weight: 231.6 lbs.

Wasn't a big fan of seeing my weight jump up, but it was bound to happen sooner or later (just mentally hard for me to deal with). Went ahead and took some photos so I can keep track of my progress. I'll be doing so every Friday to have a week-to-week comparison across the entire 3 months.

Planned on getting up at 5 to lift like normal, but decided to hit snooze and do 5:30 since I had the day off -- except I turned it off instead and woke up at 7:45 -- ugh. Got everything together and headed in to lift and banged it out as quickly as I could so we could head up to Louisville.

High volume legs with my normal cardio mixed in. Fitbit capture:

Workout log:

Daily capture via Fitbit:

Banged out 30 laps in between all my sets, which meant 30 stair-sprints. Headed home to shower really quick, and then we were off for the city. Grabbed brunch at a great place my wife likes, but I'd never gone to. Got a nice omelette and 2 pancakes (could have even gone with 1, though I ate a little over 1.5). She had some salmon eggs benedict and a unique grits of the day they did that was great. After that, we headed to the Louisville Slugger Factory & Museum. She grew up in the area, but had never been. I've been down here for almost 6.5 years now and I'd only walked through it once when I first moved down (to cut through while we were going to another museum, of all things). So we signed up to do the tour and it was really cool -- learned a lot I didn't know. Then we walked through and looked at everything else we could. Headed to the mall for just a bit, got a present for my buddy's new little son, and then we headed home to go to a going away party for our fire chief who just took a new job. I grabbed a brief nap on the drive home, but it wasn't solid at all lol.

A lot more food spread at the party than what I'd anticipated. All I'd eaten for the day was my 75g isolate shake post-workout and aforementioned brunch, so I was protein deficient lol. Loaded my plate down with a huge pulled pork sandwich, some extra meat, a small scoop of baked beans, some lunch meat/cheese from one of those trays (no need for crackers), a couple deviled eggs, a hot dog, and a couple little cream cheese/meat pinwheels. Went back and tried a few of the desserts (mostly only the really small things; just to sample each). So obviously I got some cals in, but it was actually pretty restrained considering how I can put down food at buffets and such situations. Stayed there from about 7-9:30 and then headed home and actually got stuff together to go to bed as soon as I got my supps in.

Saturday, April 9

Weight: 233.6 lbs.

Again, not happy to see the scale go up, but it was expected given dinner. Just hated seeing it climb 6 lbs. over the past few days. That's the type of thing that gets to my emotional/mental issues that I've dealt with my whole life and something that could cause me to fall off the wagon, say "poor me, nothing works" and start binge-eating. Not this day. Went straight to the gym to make sure I didn't stumble. High volume delts/traps session.

Workout stats via Fitbit:

Workout log:

Workout was great and got my head on straight. Biggest thing to note was that on Friday, I started taking Nerve Restore (EvoMuse). I've used it once before for about the length of a bottle, but I didn't notice that much from it because I actually didn't have any real nerve problems -- which was a big plus. Well, a few months ago, I had my brachial plexus injury and my left thumb/index finger are still partially numb from it, but the initial neck pain that accompanied it was gone after a few days and a couple chiro adjustments. The lingering part, however, was the fact that my presses (bench/overhead) have been absolute trash ever since that happened -- I'm talking major drop-off in weight. Well, this was the first time since the injury that I felt improvement. The real test will be tomorrow (Monday) morning when I do chest work. I'll be sure to keep notes on this.

After the gym, I headed home to do some housework and get some things together. Headed out for the first mow of the season and had to change the oil in the mower and realized I didn't have any here; ran to the gas station at the end of the highway and no luck there, so headed back into town to Walmart and grabbed some (as well as a bottle of "Start Your Engines" at the recommendation of my father). Got back home, got the oil in there, added the SYE, but unfortunately I'd already topped off the gas, so it was a bigger pain lol. Anyway, fired right up and that was nice. We're on about 1.75 acres and some of it is woods, but it's a lot of lawn. I only have a push because we weren't sure how long we'd be here or where next, so that's what I bought. But, it's a good workout (and the front yard is a HORRIBLE hill that would be awful to do with a rider), so I just call it that. Anyway, knocked out the front yard and the front side yard as best I could -- the rest I'm going to have to walk and check for limbs/rocks and clear before I can mow it (very overgrown), and the backyard I'll get this week.

Funny thing is my fitbit catalogued the mowing as bicycling via auto-detect, haha. So the steps didn't get counted, but the HR was up and the floors are insane (as you can see in the above capture).

Baked a protein cheesecake for dinner and watched the Cardinals game and then flipped over to watch the Grizzlies choke up a win to the Warriors.

Sunday, April 10

Weight: 231.0 lbs.

FINALLY! lol

About time to see the weight dip after those several days in a row of increases.

I'll do a full update tomorrow, but I got in about 1.25 hours of basketball (5 halfcourt games) because only 8 people showed up today. Have kept carbs non-existent for the day. Felt a bit weak in the evening, but that may just be feeling worn down from all the working out since Wednesday.

Full update tomorrow.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sunday, April 10:

Weight: 231.0 lbs.

5 games of half court basketball because we only had 8 people show up. The previous week we had 23 and got stuck playing half court the whole time because we had too many that would be sitting if we ran full and this week we ended up with the exact opposite problem -- go figure. Good thing was it was all good guys who showed up so we ended up with pretty evenly split teams and actually good competition (unlike when some of the younger kids show up and it's just not even fun).

Fitbit capture:

Ended up carb-free for the day. After church, had my first meal about 11 AM of some left over shredded buffalo chicken, topped with 2 slices of Sargento reduced fat pepperjack cheese, stuck in the microwave for a minute while I scrambled 7 eggs (was supposed to be 6, but lost count lol) sprinkled with garlic and onion powder, then straight onto the plate of chicken, topped with 3 more slices of cheese and back in the microwave to melt it; then mixed all together and devoured.

Basketball was at 2 PM with a 50g whey isolate shake consumed after (around 3:15 PM). Went home and started the laundry and ran upstairs to shower. Wife brought home a rotisserie chicken from the grocery for me, so I ate almost all of that for dinner about 6 PM. She made some of those little egg/meat/veggie muffins for herself and I ate about 6 of those (3 around 7 when they came out, and 3 more about 8:30 or so). Sipped on some E9, then dosed my Keto Induce + MCT Evolved and took my night time supps at 9 PM and actually went up to bed about 10 minutes later.

Fell asleep pretty quickly after I decided to knock out (read some on my phone for about half an hour or so after lying down initially), but once again, I was back to waking up. Now this very well may be because of my wife and the cat and not supp-related; I'm not sure. But I woke up before 2 AM and then 2 more times again (3 something and 4:12 AM). Each time I felt very alert and awake and each time I went to go pee. Unfortunately, when my alarm went off at 5 AM I felt miserably tired. So I'm not sure if I was just finishing sleep cycles each of those times or what, but I felt way better at each of them than I did at 5 -- but I have a general rule of if I can fall back asleep, I always do so long as I have more than 30 minutes til my alarm.

Monday, April 11

Weight: 229.0 lbs.

Felt and looked substantially drier (namely my upper leg veins all the way up to my waist (where the fat stores are). So that whole area up until that point, though, looked great. And the rest better than it had, but obviously where the fat is I'm just not as happy lol.

High volume chest session this AM and weighed in at 228.0 after I got home before showering (even after drinking my 75g isolate shake). Full update to come on that at the conclusion of the day.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Okay, requesting the mind-power of my fellow KI brethren.

I'm wanting to add the Defuse into the mix to see how that goes. I wanted to take my first week of KI without it to gauge its effectiveness solo, but also because I'd used Defuse for some large meals about 3 days prior to starting -- wanted it out of my system a bit so as to not build up a tolerance/make it ineffective since I normally only use it for a major caloric surplus and no more than a few times in a month.

So I'd like to hear your input on when I should add it in and also, if you think I should make any adjustments to my feeding schedule in an attempt to take better advantage of ketosis or any of the products.

This is what the majority of my days will look like:

05:00 AM - Rise
05:15 AM - MCT Evolved + 2 scoops ModernBCAA / 500mg agmatine, 200mcg huperzine-A, 150mcg Levothyroxine (Rx), AMMO, BRITE, MyoSynergy (OG), Nerve Restore, X Factor (1.25g ArA), AlphaBurn, 400mg caffeine, 25mg ephedrine
05:30 AM - MaxREPS + 3g beta alanine + 500mg COP
06:00 AM - Workout (iForce Compete + 5g taurine consumed throughout)
07:30 AM - 75g whey isolate shake upon completion (6g total carbs, 3g sugar)
09:00 AM - E9 (sipped on for about 1.5 hours)
11:00 AM - Epitome
11:30 AM - 75g whey isolate
11:30 AM - LipoMorph + Testruction
02:00 PM - BRITE
03:00 PM - Epitome
03:30 PM - *Maybe 1-2 Quest Bars
06:00 PM - Dinner (largest calorie intake)
06:00 PM - LipoMorph + Testruction + Gut Health + vitamins/minerals
08:00 PM - *Maybe snack
09:00 PM - Keto Induce + MCT Evolved, 30mg MK677, Sleephoria, BRITE, 500mg agmatine, AMMO
09:30 PM - Sleep

I think that's it (I'll update if I forget anything).

Some of those things will be cycled -- e.g. ArA and AMMO will be for 4 weeks and gone, LipoMorph for 8 weeks, Testruction and OG Myo for 4 weeks and then swapping out for 8 weeks of Myo Elite (and currently using formastanzol post-shower daily as my AI). Also toying with adding in Eviscerate pre-bed and sleeping with a compression top on (because I'll sweat and stain the sheets otherwise) as that would head straight into my workout at 5 AM.

Also, would it be beneficial (namely for the sake of maintaining ketosis) to drop the whey isolate down to 50g at each window, thus bringing carb totals to 4g with 2g sugar each time? I've just done 3 scoops as it's easier to make sure I get all my protein in and don't eat as many different times. And what about the aminos as far as knocking things out of ketosis? Because most nights I'll be done eating by 7 PM and to be honest, I can keep all of my carbs within that 1-2 hour window if it would be beneficial. If not, I can add some back in with Quest bars and such earlier in the day; just figured the longer I went without carbs, the more benefits I'd see via Keto Induce.

I also want to get my hands on some of the orange-pineapple Strafe (still have the OG left) and mix that in with KI/MCT pre-bed and if it was beneficial some of the orange or pineapple Humapro. Thoughts?
dsade booneman77 ma70 1Fast400 Depasi

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
As Matt's protocol states, use Defuse depending on how many carbohydrates you're having. Some weird anecdotal evidence I am noticing is that due to Defuse's MOA, deficit achieved via cardio/activity is better than a diet kind of deficit. I refuse to eat enough carbs to warrant more than 4 caps total of Defuse because on this 30 day run of KetoInduce, I do not want to run high dosage of Defuse for too long. I recall him saying that 21 days @ 8 caps a day is the max you should go before you notice fat gain rebound, so I'm hoping that half dose @ 30 days is "safe".

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
On my normal days, my only carbs are coming during dinner or the pre-bed snack (both dosed at least 2 hours pre KI dosing) and if I need it, via Quest bars while I'm at work. But if it's beneficial for fat loss, I can easily keep them just during that small window at night. Otherwise, it's mostly protein all day lol. I need to get some more fat in during the days along with that, but it just makes it easier to be flexible at dinner with the wife to get the rest of my macros in.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
My take based on matt's recommended protocol... Take a single cap with either that post shake or around lunchtime, then 2-3 caps with dinner depending on carb content. If you do have the quest bars, I'd do 1 cap per bar and then dinner a smaller dose.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
dsade -- join the party ;)

Geoforce

Geoforce

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
That supplement schedule has me jealous.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Monday, April 11

Weight: 229.0 lbs.

Hit my high volume chest session and felt great. Ended up with 20 stair-sprints and 2.5 miles on the track (25 laps) at a brisk pace between all of my sets. I finished up on the Free Motion fly machine that's on the 2nd floor, which is why I didn't get those other 5 sets of stairs in. But the reach isn't deep enough, so I prop a bosu ball up on the seat with my back against it so I can get a deeper stretch. If I haven't mentioned it already, if you see an arrow up or down on the right hand side, it's indicative of going up or down in weight or reps from the previous time I did that workout. A horizontal line means it's equal and a ~ signifies that it's about a wash.

Workout capture via Fitbit:

Workout log:

Had a relatively long and busy day at work, but it was good. Ran to the grocery real quick after the office to grab some dinner. Only had 940 cals in between 5 AM and 5 PM (and 165g protein), so I wanted to get something good and get carbs/cals up a bit since I was so diligent the day before and also knew I'll tailor them down for Tues/Wed with my non-lifting day on Wednesday. Was hoping for boneless wings, but they didn't have any. Only wings they had at Kroger were regular ones and it was like $10 for 10 wings -- NOPE. I normally grab them later in the evening when everything is marked half off, so I went ahead and grabbed the last rack of ribs LOL. Hadn't had ribs in a while, so it was a treat. Grabbed sushi for the wife and grabbed a couple tubs of ice cream to sample on.

Got home and popped 4 caps DEFUSE, 3 caps Slintensity, 3 caps (600mg) Premium Powders Na-R-ALA, and waited 30 minutes to enjoy my feast while I got the Cardinals home opener cued up on the big screen (already up 3-0, nice!). Just before getting ready to eat I went ahead and snapped this:

Look at those beautiful puppies! Just dying for nutrients after that supp prep! Enjoyed the whole rack of ribs with a nice Cherry Coke Zero while watching the game and then ate about half the container of Breyer's chocolate Reese's ice cream (not as good as I'd hoped, but shouldn't have expected much at 140kcal / half cup serving). Ended up an hour later eating 6 of my wife's mini-muffin egg/veggie concoctions from the night before topped with 2 slices of reduced fat pepperjack cheese zapped in the microwave for a minute, and then another hour later got into the other tub of ice cream and ate about a third of it (Breyer's waffle cone -- way more mix-ins than the Reese's and better, but still not great -- also 140kcal/ half cup serving). Finished up my eating with the remnants of a bag of tortilla chips. Not much at all left in there, but just wanted something to munch on while watching Sunday's finale of Billions after the Cards game got wrapped up.

Took my Keto Induce/MCT Evolved about 10:15 (~1.25 hours after last eating those chips) and took my nightly supps a little was before that. Fell asleep watching old Simpsons episodes in the recliner 5 minutes later and woke up at 2:30 AM and just went into the spare bedroom downstairs and continued sleeping -- wasn't going upstairs where it was hotter and where the cat pesters my wife to feed him because she has bent to his desires and now it screws up MY sleep. Alarm was set to go off at 5, but I only remember it going off at 5:10 -- snoozed it and somehow didn't go off and saw it was 5:49 when I woke next, so I just set it to 7:45 and decided I'll sleep in and lift after work.

Netted almost 10 hours of sleep and felt way more rested.

Tuesday, April 12

Weight: 227.6 lbs.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I recommend twice a week.
Now that you're here...judge my protocol! lol

Also, with the Defuse with meals in lower doses -- are those WITH the food? or typical 30 min prior like when taking the full dose pre-caloric surplus?