UncleWade

UncleWade

Awards
  • Established
UNCLEWADE IS BACK

WITH

EVOMUSE KETOINDUCE + DEFUSE

HYPOTHESIS
First off, a huge thanks to Evomuse/dsade/et al for allowing me to run this log. I know that these products, especially KI, are incredibly expensive to produce and I am thankful for this opportunity, especially now that I am a student again.

Now, here's what we're testing:

A daily dose of Defuse (which is normally only dosed at its full serving for ~7 days (or slightly longer), slightly lower than normal, combined with KetoInduce will have a fantastic effect on fat loss.

DOSING
KetoInduce: One dose pre-bed (2/3 scoop, or 13.4g), after limiting carbohydrate intake for 1+ hours (I believe 2+ is optimal, but 1+ is listed on the label).

Defuse: Defuse (1 cap) will be taken at the break of fast, with another cap taken at lunch/afternoon meal. A 2-3 cap serving will be taken, depending macros, with dinner or post-workout meal.

Thought process (from Matt, copied from booneman's log): Since its release I've warned about running full dose Defuse for long periods of time. The body does tend to seek out balance and homeostasis, and if you cripple fat storage enzymes/pathways too strongly for too long, the body WILL adapt and you won't like the consequences. Defuse at low dose will reduce those enzymes slightly, with the evening dose preventing fat storage for a period of hours - at which point you will take the KI, and kickstart ketosis with plenty of FFA in your blood stream.

MORE INFORMATION ON KETOINDUCE
Read more about the KetoInduce write-up here. It's a fantastically innovative concept.

ABOUT ME

Diet
I don't eat particularly clean - many of my main sources of CHO are things like Sour Patch Kids or Frosted Flakes.

It's fine.

I am conscientious about my macros, and micronutrients, and make room in my diet to enjoy the little things. Since last August, I've cut from around 240 to 220 pounds making slowly changes to my daily life (switching out full-calorie soda most of the time with Crystal Light, for instance) and am consistently working towards a cleaner diet. This is where this stack will help encourage me to take things to the next level.

As far as macro goals go, I tend to try and keep off days very low CHO, higher fat. On training days, I focus the majority of my carbohydrate intake around the periworkout window. I intermittent fast for the sake of convenience and my busy schedule, and I also have come to think it helps give me a bit more mental clarity. What I'm hoping is that, utilizing a relatively wide 8-hour feed window, I can encourage ~16 hours of keto.

Training

I'm a competitive powerlifter. Or, at least, I was. I worked for elitefts as their director of operations for ~18 months before deciding to return for a graduate degree. I left on good terms and still train out at their incredible gym fairly frequently. I'll try and include some awesome videos from my training.

My bests (I am far off at this point - as I said, building things back up after a long hiatus due to my class schedule, and for the sake of my lower back, left elbow, and shoulders) in competition are below. Training for 3 meets in a year left some nice dings that are now back at 100%, and taught me some good lessons about prehabilitation.

Squat (w/wraps): 615
Bench: 385
Deadlift: 605

Vid of my 615, and some max effort bench work (not the best quality, I know):

[video=youtube;Esq7U5Wu40k]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Esq7U5Wu40k[/video]

[video=youtube;4FxeP444fHs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FxeP444fHs[/video]

Currently, I am trying to build my conditioning and work capacity, and I think the volume + the cleaner diet + KetoInduce/Defuse will come together to yield some impressive results while a base of conditioning and improve my ability to get stronger (and stick around 220 to come back for a bigger total).

I am using Swede Burns's 5thSet methodology.

I'll post my workout later, and can hopefully find someone to help me take some initial pics. First dose of KI tonight, Defuse starting tomorrow.

If you have any questions, or if I've forgotten anything, please let me know. It's been awhile since I've logged. Thanks for coming along for the ride!

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
subbed!

UncleWade

UncleWade

Awards
  • Established
Another couple hours before ingesting KetoInduce.

Here's a taste of what my training looks like these days in the meantime:

Barbell Bench Press
45x20
95x20
135x10
185x10
225x5
255x2
255x2
255x2
255x2
255x11

The premise of 5thSet is essentially four sets of two, then one as many as possible in a somewhat pre-fatigued state. I won't tell you too much, you should buy the eBook. One of the best I've read.

2-Board Press
2x15 @ 45% of bench press 1RM

Pull-Ups
10x2xBW
Done in the McGill style - very tight and dynamic repetitions.

Tate Press
4x20x25
Done with my back against the pads of a glute ham raise, dumbbells extremely close together and elbows properly flared.

Micro Band Face Pulls
5x20
Great for my shoulder health.

Micro-Band Pull Aparts
2x50
Also great for shoulder health, done with a slow tempo (high time under tension) and with a 2-second contraction.

jgntyce

jgntyce

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Sub a dub dub!

UncleWade

UncleWade

Awards
  • Established
First KetoInduce down the hatch, slightly more than 2 hours since my last ingestion of carbs (postworkout meal).

I know people will care much more about how this works over the long (month) term, but I think general usage impressions are important and add to the overall experience.

Preface: I mixed this with 12 ounces (the higher end of the recommendation) of ice-cold water in a standard Blender Bottle.

Here's what I think:
Mixability: Mixed flawlessly - didn't seem like I'd need to shake the Blender Bottle, but I did anyway. No grit, no settling on the bottom, no nothing.

Taste: Very light and unoffensive - what you see on the label is what you get (pineapple + orange). Tasted somewhat like a tropical fruit drink mix, or an add-in like Crystal Light. Can't stress enough how light this was; very neutral tasting. For me, there was a slight aftertaste like Pedialyte (sodium, maybe potassium), but it was extremely faint and didn't detract from the experience at all. I think going down to 8 ounces may mask this a bit better as the higher end of the water spectrum always seems to make raws come through more on my palate.

Overall, no issues to report - very easy and enjoyable to consume. No keto sticks as yet (still waiting on Amazon), so we'll see how it feels at least.

jgntyce

jgntyce

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
So one serving is 2/3 of the full scoop, correct?

UncleWade

UncleWade

Awards
  • Established
That's correct. 2/3 scoop, 13.4g.

I'll post the label up tomorrow.

Na-BetaHydroxyButyrate, Taurine, Lysine, Leucine, Na-R-ALA, natural and artificial flavors, Sucralose.

Also, FWIW, 842mg ("39% DV") of sodium and potassium, which would explain the slight saltiness.

If anyone from Evomuse can advise, I normally take D3, C, KSM66, and Gut Health before bed. Will this interfere with anything?

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Subd!

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I don't see how those would interfere, but I'll defer to Matt. I know I always take my Gut Health pre-bed and didn't have any intention of changing that.

As for dosing, I believe I read elsewhere that it was a typo and a full scoop yields the dose. But I do know in that same instance Matt said that it's 13.2 or 13.4g, so if you were weighing you'd be fine.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
From 2 pages back or so on the KI main thread:

no, there is an error on the label. You need to use a heaping scoop, and the bottles contain 400 grams.

They'll be fixed in a couple of weeks.

ms_mac

ms_mac

Awards
About how many grams of carbs are in your last meal before KI?

UncleWade

UncleWade

Awards
  • Established
Thanks, everyone, for being along for the ride!

From 2 pages back or so on the KI main thread:
Well ****, didn't see this. Will adjust tonight.

About how many grams of carbs are in your last meal before KI?
Yesterday I kept my carbs relatively low. Last meal was approximately ~200 carbs (Chipotle burrito with no rice, double-wrapped and heavy corn salsa). Total carbohydrates yesterday were a bit higher as it was a training day, with total being around 300 and split between 100/200 pre- and post-workout.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
No, i have to make a correction. The betas were a lot more fluffy and less dense so I went with smaller scoops.

Serving should a full to heaping scoop.

This will be fixed for next label run.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
That's correct. 2/3 scoop, 13.4g.

I'll post the label up tomorrow.

Na-BetaHydroxyButyrate, Taurine, Lysine, Leucine, Na-R-ALA, natural and artificial flavors, Sucralose.

Also, FWIW, 842mg ("39% DV") of sodium and potassium, which would explain the slight saltiness.

If anyone from Evomuse can advise, I normally take D3, C, KSM66, and Gut Health before bed. Will this interfere with anything?
Nope. No interference there.

ms_mac

ms_mac

Awards
Thanks, everyone, for being along for the ride!

Well ****, didn't see this. Will adjust tonight.

Yesterday I kept my carbs relatively low. Last meal was approximately ~200 carbs (Chipotle burrito with no rice, double-wrapped and heavy corn salsa). Total carbohydrates yesterday were a bit higher as it was a training day, with total being around 300 and split between 100/200 pre- and post-workout.
Oh thats good to know. My biggest meal of the day is before bed, which is about 80ish carbs. I was thinking I may have to rethink that last meal when I start my KI\Defuse......but as long as its 2 or more hours pre KI dose, carb intake doesn't matter? Am I right in thinking that?

UncleWade

UncleWade

Awards
  • Established
Oh thats good to know. My biggest meal of the day is before bed, which is about 80ish carbs. I was thinking I may have to rethink that last meal when I start my KI\Defuse......but as long as its 2 or more hours pre KI dose, carb intake doesn't matter? Am I right in thinking that?
That's my understanding.

Normally I try to eat earlier, but with my schedule it's hit or miss.

UncleWade

UncleWade

Awards
  • Established
Some current photos from tonight - if you can't tell, I'm a powerlifter.

A stereotypical one.

UncleWade

UncleWade

Awards
  • Established
TONIGHT'S TRAINING: DYNAMIC EFFORT SQUATS​

Box Squats
60x10
150x10
- - ADD CHAINS (3/SIDE: 120LB TOTAL) - -
150x5
200x5
240x5
- - ADD METAL ACE BRIEFS - -
330x20x2

Done to a low box, full pause on the box. Twenty doubles, focusing on speed. I use the briefs on this day when I have the chance to train at Elite. They help protect the hips and are great for speed work.

The sets, plus the box jumps I do earlier in the week, are designed to improve my general physical preparedness.

Reverse Hypers
3x20

Great for lower back health.

Chest-Supported Dumbbell Rows
40x3x20

Big stretch at the bottom, 2 second flex with shoulders retracted at the top.

Chest-Supported Shrugs
16KGx2x10

3 second flex at the top of each rep.

Close-Stance Pull Throughs
50x3x20

Pulldown Abs
80x3x20

Stretch through the hips at the top.

UncleWade

UncleWade

Awards
  • Established
Quick update on a few things I'm noticing:
  • Noticed that I woke up holding less water this morning, even after a bigger post-workout meal last night and a taxing training session.
  • Urinating extremely frequently.
  • Great sleep last night - extremely restful since I've started (2 nights), actually. I think it may be the Na-R-ALA.
Extremely low carbs today, a square of Trader Joe's 72% cacao dark chocolate + some kiwi with a protein shake earlier, and a bit more mixed fruit later.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Quick update on a few things I'm noticing:
  • Noticed that I woke up holding less water this morning, even after a bigger post-workout meal last night and a taxing training session.
  • Urinating extremely frequently.
  • Great sleep last night - extremely restful since I've started (2 nights), actually. I think it may be the Na-R-ALA.
Extremely low carbs today, a square of Trader Joe's 72% cacao dark chocolate + some kiwi with a protein shake earlier, and a bit more mixed fruit later.
How "Cacao"y is it?

I used to be able to stomach the Lindt 90%, but I can't seem to anymore, but I want a dark bar with less sugar and more polyphenols.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I'm here, I'm getting more and more interested with Evomuse products.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm here, I'm getting more and more interested with Evomuse products.
Thanks...I put everything I have into every single design. There's no BS here, what the product is supposed to do, it does.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Thanks...I put everything I have into every single design. There's no BS here, what the product is supposed to do, it does.
I don't doubt it! I've never seen a bad thing about your products. I used Slintensity recently and liked it. I don't really have anything to compare it to, but it definitely helped me stay less bloated after large meals.

I've been thinking of the topicals for some time, I just wanted to get to lower body fat first.

There's just too many products, I don't know where to start! Lol

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I don't doubt it! I've never seen a bad thing about your products. I used Slintensity recently and liked it. I don't really have anything to compare it to, but it definitely helped me stay less bloated after large meals.

I've been thinking of the topicals for some time, I just wanted to get to lower body fat first.

There's just too many products, I don't know where to start! Lol
The Eviscerates are for lower bodyfat levels, but the Abliderates work well at any %. Remember, hit the VAT first, then attack the SAT.

UncleWade

UncleWade

Awards
  • Established
How "Cacao"y is it?

I used to be able to stomach the Lindt 90%, but I can't seem to anymore, but I want a dark bar with less sugar and more polyphenols.
It's a pretty smooth chocolate, I've never had any issues.

Amazed at how good it is for $4.99 for a big-ass 16oz+ bar. I only have one square at a time (exact bar and serving Alan Aragon recommended, so I just thought, "Why the hell not?"), which is ~3g of sugar. A normal serving (3 squares) has 10g of sugar.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It's a pretty smooth chocolate, I've never had any issues.

Amazed at how good it is for $4.99 for a big-ass 16oz+ bar. I only have one square at a time (exact bar and serving Alan Aragon recommended, so I just thought, "Why the hell not?"), which is ~3g of sugar. A normal serving (3 squares) has 10g of sugar.
Sounds good. I have to swing near the TJs in Dublin tomorrow anyway.

UncleWade

UncleWade

Awards
  • Established
Sounds good. I have to swing near the TJs in Dublin tomorrow anyway.
I'll keep an eye out for you.

Cheapest prices on eggs I've seen around in awhile, too. $1.79 for a dozen jumbos, $1.49 for large grade A.

Also need to stock up on some coconut oil. No cookie butter ice cream for awhile now. :D

UncleWade

UncleWade

Awards
  • Established
EvoBoss, didn't see you at TJ's. Got a bunch of good stuff for this week for only $35.

In other news, seeing veins in my forearms I haven't seen in years. Not sure if it's the carb restriction from yesterday combined with a refeed today (combined with the nutrient partitioning properties I assume Defuse must have) or the Na-R-ALA on an empty stomach, or both, but it's awesome.

Also, anyone else sweating like crazy after this KetoInduce?

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I dose it with BRITE, so auperstorns

CJNator

Awards
EvoBoss, didn't see you at TJ's. Got a bunch of good stuff for this week for only $35.

In other news, seeing veins in my forearms I haven't seen in years. Not sure if it's the carb restriction from yesterday combined with a refeed today (combined with the nutrient partitioning properties I assume Defuse must have) or the Na-R-ALA on an empty stomach, or both, but it's awesome.

Also, anyone else sweating like crazy after this KetoInduce?
No sweat for me, just a slight warmness.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Slight warmth throughout the day but pretty sweaty in the gym

UncleWade

UncleWade

Awards
  • Established
The fact that I sweat at the drop of a hat probably exacerbates the warmness, I'm guessing.

Woke up this morning carrying more water but vascularity (relative; I mean, look at my "start" photos) is still pretty prominent.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
No sweating from KI for me.

However from BRITE and/or AlphaBurn -- yes. lol

UncleWade

UncleWade

Awards
  • Established
Big training session tonight (squats), epic powerlifting "bloat" meal coming. Will likely dose all 4 caps of Defuse.

Chipotle burrito + chips and salsa + some brownies laying around the house. Going to enjoy this, aiming for under 10g of carbs for the next few days. Fridge loaded down with guacamole, string cheese, eggs, lunch meat, a couple ribeyes, etc.

Stomach looks really (relatively) defined today. Haven't seen separation in my abs like this since 2012.

Frequent urination is definitely a thing.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Up for my third pee break in 2 hours.

Just tested a stick and came between negative to 0.5, but again it's only been two hours.

I can already tell I'm gonna be up again in an hour to pee...again.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer

Just tested a stick and came between negative to 0.5, but again it's only been two hours.

This is my life. When I'm drinking as much water as I usually like to there's times where it's like every 20min. Annoying as all hell

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
This is my life. When I'm drinking as much water as I usually like to there's times where it's like every 20min. Annoying as all hell
I haven't been keeping track cause I'm doing it so often, but I think I have been peeing about every 30-45 mins at work. People look at me funny, but hey, nature calls.

UncleWade

UncleWade

Awards
  • Established

Noticing the same on my end.

Middle of the night last night (just got the sticks and want to use those bitches), I came back somewhere between the "Small/Moderate" section of the stick after a pint of Ben and Jerry's (I always have a pint of ice cream on Wednesday, in between my heavy bench/squat days). Closer to the small (15) section this morning upon waking for some reason.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've been trying to drink less water the closer I get to bed and pee JUST before I go to sleep. Made it last night without having to get up and use it lol.

Because I NEVER wake up in the middle of the night to pee (aside from a handful of times in the entire year at most). BEASTY LIKES HIS SLEEP!

UncleWade

UncleWade

Awards
  • Established
Keto stick readings came back about the same last night - woke up to piss around 5, higher concentration than later in the morning.

Any thoughts?

Have some squat videos from my workout I'll post up once my phone is charged.