Sean Reviews FinaFlex Protein

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thanks to the FinaFlex gents for allowing me to try their protein powder: Clear Protein. They were kind enough to send the flavor I requested as well, Frosted Churro

ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1459201405.765496.jpg
ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1459201421.955843.jpg

I'll attach some pics and video clips tonight of the different ways I've mixed this.

So far my initial review is that it mixes well. It's a very light protein that has mixed well with a shaker, spoon, and one of these fancy bad boys:
ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1459201513.635532.jpg

Taste is on point. At first it reminded me of a snickerdoodle, but after drinking it, I felt that FF really got this Frosted Churro on point.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Review:

Scale of 1-5: 1=Strongly Disagree; 2 = Disagree; 3 = Neutral; 4 = Agree; 5 = Strongly Agree

1) This product mixed effortlessly (5)

I have no issue mixing this product. Just to test how well it mixed right off the bat, I spoon stirred it in a glass with water. Within a couple of stirs, the powder had broken up and mixed in, and continued stirring smoothed it out, leaving very little bits of protein floating at the top, far better than any other protein powder might have done. It. mixed effortlessly with both a shaker ball blender bottle and with the blender bottle given by FinaFlex. I'm talking just 5 shakes for it to fully mix. It mixed easily into yogurt and pancake mix on several occasions. I made 2 shakes with it, blended into ice with some vanilla extract and cinnamon. Again, no issue mixing whatsoever.

2) This product tasted great, when consumed as a shake and/or used while baking (4)

I enjoyed drinking this and especially enjoyed mixing it in with yogurt and oatmeal. The taste was very similar to a real churro, having actually had a churro and the powder in the same day. It wasn't overly sweet and almost had a coffee/toffee after taste on the tongue. This may be a flavor that I would prefer to mix into foods (or bake if I didn't suck at that) as it wasn't too refreshing to drink. It tasted great, especially with milk,
but I'd almost rather have something fruity to drink on a consistent basis.

3) This product did not cause any digestion issues (5)

No issues whatsoever

4) This product improved overall recovery (4)

I think this is difficult to answer, but to an extent, yes. Many other things have helped or hindered recovery in training so it'd be difficult to gauge the effect of the protein powder on this. What it for sure did though, was assist me quickly and deliciously in meeting my protein needs throughout the day, allowing me to recover through intense training and maintaining my
bodyweight and composition.

5) I really enjoyed this product and would recommend it to friends and family. (5)

I would, yes. My wife enjoyed the shake I made and I've mentioned to a buddy that you all make a frosted churro flavored protein. It tastes good, mixes well, and has an excellent ingredient and nutritional profile.

Thanks for allowing me the opportunity to give this a test for you all. I intend on purchasing :)

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
In for fancy yuppy mixing devices.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So far I spoon mixed with water-miraculously mixed well.

Fancy pants mixed with milk-tastes phenomenal

Used 1 scoop in pancake mix. Taste was obviously more subtle but it still tasted very well. I'm no protein chef like some of these guys, so I'll take it.

This protein shines in its mixability. I've been using syntha-6 just because it's the only thing my wife would drink. Syntha-6 mixes like crap.

Earlier, though, I had other feelings about its mixability....

After my workout today, I sat in my truck in the parking lot. I poured water into my FinaFlex mixer bottle with protein powder waiting inside (thank you for adding the mixer bottle, btw). As I shook, I became frustrated with how it wouldn't mix. I shook it violently and began bashing the bottom of it against my steering wheel as hard as possible to shake loose the protein. As I became more and more frustrated I realized.....I had put the scoop of protein inside of the screw-on container at the bottom of the bottle...so there was a complete barrier between that and the water, thus, no mixing. I fixed that problem and it mixed within 5 shakes.... Fancy pants storage bottles and electric mixers all up in here

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
In!

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Mixing the Clear Protein in the same container as the fluid/mix is a great idea. I'll note this.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
20 seconds with a spoon in whole milk. Not bad, FinaFlex, not bad. Most others would still have good sized chunks.
ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1459223449.135841.jpg

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Only had 1 scoop over the weekend mixed with water.

Gym & school today so I didn't have much time to eat. Clear Protein accounted for the majority of my protein today actually. Tonight, I blended it in ice with some milk, dash of vanilla/cinnamon/& nutmeg. Tasted like a frozen churro shake.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sounds great. You ever try protein with Greek yogurt?

Somehow I lost subscription here.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Sounds great. You ever try protein with Greek yogurt?

Somehow I lost subscription here.
Good thinkin, my man. I'll do a post-workout vanilla chobani with it...and maybe some graham cracker in it

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Good thinkin, my man. I'll do a post-workout vanilla chobani with it...and maybe some graham cracker in it
Mmm, cheesecake style

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
You need a toasted marshmallow protein next in that ;)

I'm just daydreaming out loud here lol don't mind me

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So, that was awesome.

1 cup of Chobani Vanilla
1 scoop of Clear Protein
2 sheets of Aunt Annie's Cinnamon Graham Crackers

ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1460139366.504912.jpg

I may go pick up a cinnamon/apple chobani this weekend to try with it.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I love it with vanilla GY. I've tried it in applesauce and it's pretty good as well.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So I feel like I represent the "don't know how to bake with protein powder" population of the forum haha Driven, your FB is awesome.

My breakfast:
2 packets of Quaker banana nut protein oatmeal
1 scoop Frosted Churro Clear Protein
Whole milk

75p/107c/28f

Definetly a calorie dense breakfast. Tasted great.

Any other ideas?! Thinking of some stuff tonight to try.

ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1460408970.986727.jpg

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Sounds great man, oatmeal is just the devil to try to photograph nicely though lol

I went into the kitchen to make protein bowls today but came out having baked 2 other things

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Sounds great man, oatmeal is just the devil to try to photograph nicely though lol

I went into the kitchen to make protein bowls today but came out having baked 2 other things
haha it always looks like slop. Maybe I'll find some new shake ideas

and, lol. oh well

I've made cookies and a pumpkin spice cake before. I may give something like that a try again thurs or fri. Or, maybe your cheesecake!

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
haha it always looks like slop. Maybe I'll find some new shake ideas

and, lol. oh well

I've made cookies and a pumpkin spice cake before. I may give something like that a try again thurs or fri. Or, maybe your cheesecake!
I'm gonna try the cheesecake too. Looked good, and I'm not a cheesecake fan.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Final review this weekend.

My baking failed miserably lol Damnit

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Final review this weekend.

My baking failed miserably lol Damnit
:(
What did you try?

I'm set on launching a Youtube this year (need a camcorder)

So I Can video the process and teach some techniques baking with protein

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
:(
What did you try?

I'm set on launching a Youtube this year (need a camcorder)

So I Can video the process and teach some techniques baking with protein
Some cookies...didn't turn out worthy enough to post a pic of lol

However, at the zoo yesterday I had a churro, and do admit that the taste is on point :)

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Review:

Scale of 1-5: 1=Strongly Disagree; 2 = Disagree; 3 = Neutral; 4 = Agree; 5 = Strongly Agree

1) This product mixed effortlessly (5)

I have no issue mixing this product. Just to test how well it mixed right off the bat, I spoon stirred it in a glass with water. Within a couple of stirs, the powder had broken up and mixed in, and continued stirring smoothed it out, leaving very little bits of protein floating at the top, far better than any other protein powder might have done. It. mixed effortlessly with both a shaker ball blender bottle and with the blender bottle given by FinaFlex. I'm talking just 5 shakes for it to fully mix. It mixed easily into yogurt and pancake mix on several occasions. I made 2 shakes with it, blended into ice with some vanilla extract and cinnamon. Again, no issue mixing whatsoever.

2) This product tasted great, when consumed as a shake and/or used while baking (4)

I enjoyed drinking this and especially enjoyed mixing it in with yogurt and oatmeal. The taste was very similar to a real churro, having actually had a churro and the powder in the same day. It wasn't overly sweet and almost had a coffee/toffee after taste on the tongue. This may be a flavor that I would prefer to mix into foods (or bake if I didn't suck at that) as it wasn't too refreshing to drink. It tasted great, especially with milk,
but I'd almost rather have something fruity to drink on a consistent basis.

3) This product did not cause any digestion issues (5)

No issues whatsoever

4) This product improved overall recovery (4)

I think this is difficult to answer, but to an extent, yes. Many other things have helped or hindered recovery in training so it'd be difficult to gauge the effect of the protein powder on this. What it for sure did though, was assist me quickly and deliciously in meeting my protein needs throughout the day, allowing me to recover through intense training and maintaining my
bodyweight and composition.

5) I really enjoyed this product and would recommend it to friends and family. (5)

I would, yes. My wife enjoyed the shake I made and I've mentioned to a buddy that you all make a frosted churro flavored protein. It tastes good, mixes well, and has an excellent ingredient and nutritional profile.

Thanks for allowing me the opportunity to give this a test for you all. I intend on purchasing :)

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks for taking the time to review!

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
churros at the zoo always remind me of our protein!

j/k but I like that you can say you had both a real churro and a shurro shake in the same day!