Evomuse KetoInduce / Defuse - Boone Experiments!

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Welcome all, to my summer lean-out experiment with the new Evomuse KetoInduce and the long-tenured cheat day staple, Defuse.
ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1459040769.735686.jpg

Many of you have read the label/recommendation that Defuse only be run for short periods (a few days max), but that is at full dose... Matt at Evomuse has decided to sponsor a slew of logs to test out his theory of the fat loss benefits of stacking a low, daily dose of Defuse with KetoInduce.

Defuse has been a staple in my cheat meal/day regiment for quite a long time now so I'm interested to see what a low dose can do paired with the unique MOA of KetoInduce.

Here's the protocol that Matt has suggested:
KetoInduce as directed, one dose prebed after limiting carb intake for 2 hours before bed. Defuse (1 cap) will be taken at the break of your fast, with another cap taken at lunch/afternoon meal. A 2-3 cap serving will be taken, depending on your macros, with your dinner or post workout meal.

Thought process: Since it's release I've warned about running full dose Defuse for long periods of time. The body does tend to seek out balance and homeostasis, and if you cripple fat storage enzymes/pathways too strongly for too long, the body WILL adapt and you won't like the consequences. Defuse at low dose will reduce those enzymes slightly, with the evening dose preventing fat storage for a period of hours - at which point you will take the KI, and kickstart ketosis with plenty of FFA in your blood stream.

For some further reading on KetoIduce:
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/evomuse/279277-evomuse-ketoinduce-writeup.html#post5307461

My plan/life:
I travel almost every week mon-thurs/fri. This means that I have had to adapt my diet to changing time zones, odd hours, and interesting food choices/availability levels... I was always a typical yo-yo dieter and would gain 40-50lb in the fall/winter (20-25%bf) and then lose those same 40-50lb and get down to single digit bf each summer (usually only for a few weeks... and after MONTHS of hard dieting)... This year I decided would be the end of that. I've taken up IF and typically eat only 1-2 meals each day, and only in the evenings. This has allowed me to maintain reasonable condition year round, but obviously I want to tune things up a bit for the summer ;)

I run a modified 6-day PHAT plan that I've designed myself and used quite a few times. A typical week of training looks like this:
Mon - Off
Tues - Pull hypertrophy
Weds - Push hypertrophy
Thurs - Legs hypertrophy
Fri - Pull power
Sat - Push power
Sun - Legs power

My diet right now is: 2000cals/day, 250g protein / 150g carbs / 45g fat ... these differ slightly day to day, but I typically end up with higher protein and slightly lower fat (while keeping total cals in range). For this log, I plan to lower the carbs and protein a bit and up the fat a bit as well. I'll have only one meal with carbs, and most will be from veggies. A typical day for me will look like this:
Wake - 5:30a
Gym - 6a
Work (12p dose of defuse? dsade can let me know if this should happen or not. would be with bcaas)
Dinner - 6p (all carbs consumed here - 2 caps defuse as this will be my biggest meal)
Pre-bed Meal - 9p
Bed - 11p (KetoInduce dose)

The only other supplements I will be using will be protein powders (various), bcaas (pre/intra, post workout and throughout the fast), and a pre workout as needed.

I will be posting mostly about my diet and how things feel/look. Training notes (power/strength etc) will be posted, but not full workouts.

Please feel free to ask questions, propose changes, etc etc... I'll add starting pics in a minute as well as stats for major lifts and body.
Depasi dsade MidwestBeast

highlander31

highlander31

Awards
  • Established
first. whatup

dafeesh34

Awards
In. Curious to see how this works for you as I do IF as well. Good luck!

GiftedNatty

GiftedNatty

Awards
In :)

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Welcome guys!

Starting pics - all fully relaxed and fed (taken last night before my final giant cheat ;) ) and stats:

ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1459040188.577237.jpg
ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1459040217.939832.jpg
ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1459040230.113830.jpg

Weight: 186lb (my weight fluctuates 5+lb throughout the day tho so I will try to be consistent and weight each Saturday morning going forward)

Bf (feel free to come up with your own estimate)- I'd say I'm about 12-13% based on past experience. I tend to run very lean in the arms and shoulders but hold fat in my lower abs, chest, and lower back until single digits. My legs never get lean even tho they have decent size ha.

1rm Lifts:
Squat - 385lb (won't be testing this again for a bit due to some patellar tendinitis that has been bugging me the last week or so)
Dead - 345lb
Bench - 240lb (my weakest lift... Have had some long term shoulder issues but my bench has never been any good)

Goals:
I want to be down around single digit bf by the end of this run. 10% (based on my interpretation) would be ideal. Anything better is just icing on the cake.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You know I'm in for this!

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
In!

Geoforce

Geoforce

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Subbed. Let the losses begin!

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
So this is a pretty typical "home" meal for me:
ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1459113431.259146.jpg
first course - veggie stew (misc spices with celery, peppers, onions, tomato, cabbage), some shirataki or tofu noodles, and 4 slices of low cal whole wheat toast.
ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1459113534.436551.jpg
second course - typically about 24oz of grilled chicken tenderloins and 3 cups of broiled broccoli

For my later meal (about 8-9pm), it'll be homemade ice cream (flavor changes nightly) and usually a couple quest bars.

I may stop the quest bars as I'm not sure if the sugar alcohols will negatively effect the ketoinduce since these will be much closer to that dose. Worst case I can sub in some pb or fattier meats to get cals but lower carbs.
dsade, thoughts on the meals as well as the single cap defuse without any food in the mid day and 2 cap dose with dinner?

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I'm in for this.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Happy Easter everyone
ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1459122647.713410.jpg

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Happy Easter!

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Final tally for today:
ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1459131784.164761.jpg

Will be dosing KI in about an hour

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
First dose is in the books:
ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1459136103.156348.jpg

1 scoop mixed with 12oz of cold water.

Mix- dissolved even without any shaking. Basically instant. After a quick shake for good measure, there was just a couple bubbles and nothing else. Flawless.

Taste- the orange pineapple is great. Not tart at all, but rather a sweet orange flavor. Pretty light, but not "watered down". Very enjoyable and not something that will overpower people or make you get sick of it.

Random note- the consistency of the fluid is very unique... It's almost "oily" when you drink it. Like a very thin oil, but that same almost slimy, very slick texture. It's like lubing up your mouth and insides haha. I kind of enjoyed it? Ha I'm weird though.

Overall, great flavor and great start. Now that we got that out of the way, lets hope the results are as good as the trivial parts ha.

BamBam0319

BamBam0319

Awards
Subbed. Very interested in this.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I'm in here! Evomuse products intrigue me.

sprintsss

Banned
Awards
Hopefully KI & Defuse helps you achieve that guys body your using as your avatar bro

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Do you even fiber?

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So this is a pretty typical "home" meal for me:
View attachment 133334 first course - veggie stew (misc spices with celery, peppers, onions, tomato, cabbage), some shirataki or tofu noodles, and 4 slices of low cal whole wheat toast.
View attachment 133335 second course - typically about 24oz of grilled chicken tenderloins and 3 cups of broiled broccoli

For my later meal (about 8-9pm), it'll be homemade ice cream (flavor changes nightly) and usually a couple quest bars.

I may stop the quest bars as I'm not sure if the sugar alcohols will negatively effect the ketoinduce since these will be much closer to that dose. Worst case I can sub in some pb or fattier meats to get cals but lower carbs.
dsade, thoughts on the meals as well as the single cap defuse without any food in the mid day and 2 cap dose with dinner?
Meals look good. Definitely knock 2 caps with the lunch, and 1 if you snack at all.

I would do another 2 with the ice cream.

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Meals look good. Definitely knock 2 caps with the lunch, and 1 if you snack at all.

Could you give us a protocol as to what kind of macros/calorie count equate to however many caps of Defuse?

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer

I dont eat lunch but was gonna take a single cap mid-day anyways?... first meal is 6pm and ice cream (greek yourt/almond milk/protein powder) is about 8-9pm. was thinking either 2 caps just with dinner or maybe split 1 and 1 with dinner/pre-bed?

also, thoughts on the quest bars in the 9pm meal? yea or nea?

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Today's eats:
ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1459217904.728611.jpg

Off day so cals were a bit lower, mostly just because I didn't feel like eating and would rather get some early zzz's ha. Dosing KI in a little and then hitting the hay.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Looking good even in your "before" pics good sir!
Agreed. Excited to see how things go!
Thanks guys... I'll have to post up the comparison pics I found the other day from my first log here on AM in 2013 for comparison. Weight is within 1lb but body comp is ridic different.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Could you give us a protocol as to what kind of macros/calorie count equate to however many caps of Defuse?
It's more dependent on carb intake. Generally I follow this guideline

50-75 grams of carbs - 1 capsule
75-125g of carbs - 2 caps
125-175 grams of carbs - 3 caps
>175 grams - full 4 cap serving.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Today's eats:
View attachment 133405

Off day so cals were a bit lower, mostly just because I didn't feel like eating and would rather get some early zzz's ha. Dosing KI in a little and then hitting the hay.
Do you feel hungry at night at all? Tempted to sleep-eat?

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
How long can you use defuse as a GDA of sorts? Say 1 cap pre meal (my meals never go over 55g cho) for 5 meals a day?

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
How long can you use defuse as a GDA of sorts? Say 1 cap pre meal (my meals never go over 55g cho) for 5 meals a day?
That's the protocol being tested here. We're running low dose for a longer period of time.

For full dosed Defuse, the recommended limit is 1-1.5 weeks.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
That's the protocol being tested here. We're running low dose for a longer period of time.

For full dosed Defuse, the recommended limit is 1-1.5 weeks.
That's what I thought. Ive been using defuse as a single cap for 3 of 5 meals for two weeks now.

Thanks mane

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Do you feel hungry at night at all? Tempted to sleep-eat?
Not in the least. I typically have quite a volume of food to digest since all of my calories are in 1-2 meals.

I do often wake up ravenous though but it subsides quite fast and doesn't return until typicall 4pm or so.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
First thing to note: I've been significantly warmer at the latter hours (15-20) of my fast. Usually at this point in my day I tend to really start to feel colder due to not having food but the last two days I've been pumping out heat like I normally do right after a meal.

Food the last two days has been the same:
ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1459383781.136412.jpg

jgntyce

jgntyce

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Late to the party my brother! Subbed!

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
So as CJNator had mentioned he felt he was more bloated after dosing, I decided to keep an eye out this morning on this specifically... Since my meals are all late in the evening, I'm always pretty full at bed/dose time so this wouldn't matter to me but I was interested in seeing if in the morning (when I'm usually much flatter and no longer full at all) there was some difference. Low and behold, I have to agree that I both look and feel a bit softer than normal this morning. Lower ab area is noticeably soft as opposed to that typical "overnight fast tightness" that you typically would see in the mornings.

Another note (and something I noticed last night at bedtime) is that I both look and feel much "fuller" over my whole body. This was a legitimate difference yesterday evening as my shoulders (which I consider a very weak spot for me) were showing a level of separation from the triceps/arms that I usually only feel is there at sub 10% bf. This is especially worthwhile to note because I've been lowering carbs almost every day this week which should have me flattening out not filling up. My only carb sources have been broccoli, one small Apple, and the incidentals from Greek yogurt and other protein sources (I imagine a few trace from walden farms syrups and such too but very minimal). My only thought to this (and this would explain the warmth as well) is that the KI truly has my body running on fat throughout the day and all of the glycogen is being stored in my muscles and never depleted. The muscles are remaining full all the time.

So far, minus the bloating, this seems to be doing everything I had hoped. I'll be very interested in what the scale says on Saturday to compare the weight numbers with the mirror.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Very detailed observations -- I like it. Getting me excited about mine arriving

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Hold my cold body , give me warmth
you must be my girlfriend haha... I get this all the time from her as I literally can warm a room most of the time because I radiate so much body heat.

megadeth

megadeth

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Subbed!

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Food tonight was a tad bit different than the last couple just due to the store being out of what I had been eating ha. The difficulties of travel living and having to buy meal by mea vs bulk.
ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1459484511.045734.jpg

travwj

travwj

Awards
  • Established
Food tonight was a tad bit different than the last couple just due to the store being out of what I had been eating ha. The difficulties of travel living and having to buy meal by mea vs bulk.
View attachment 133567
How do you manage to get 329g of protein with only 102g of carbs and 27g of fat? What did your meals consist of? And how many protein shakes for the day? I know it is early but any small or noticeable changes from KI. Cheers mate.