Trying To Get Lean With Red Ghost

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Shout out to Controlled Labs for sending me this to try, along with other samples. The Cookie Dough Venture bar was delicious!

My dosing plan is 4 caps upon waking, and then fasting until about 2-4pm, depending on how hungry I get. I will then either train fasted or get a meal in before the gym. It kinda just depends. But there will be about a 4-8 hour period of no food after the dose hopefully. Unless it would be better to eat closer to the dose?

My workouts are like this
Chest
Back
Shoulders and Arms
Legs
Accessory work

Cardio will just be walking and running this guy for a little bit each day.
image.jpeg

Calories are starting at around 2300. I don't worry about macros too much. I play with low carb days every once in a while.

Starting weight is around 205 pounds at 6'1" and I'm not sure on body fat. I'll use this as my starting picture, even though its a bit leaner than I am because of this past week or so. I'll try and get a more recent one soon.
image.jpeg

Attachments

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Okay so I've dropped down from 225 from the end of my PCT. a lot was muscle and some was fat also, but I had a rough PCT and struggled with keeping everything. I won't go into anymore detail unless anyone wants.

This past week has been crazy with spring break, my grandma passed away so there's been tons of food brought over and a crazy schedule so my diet has been off, plus I had an accounting midterm today and a Physics test on Thursday so this week is still crazy, but starting tomorrow my diet will be back on point. I'm just now starting this workout schedule so it's new to me sort of, I've done something similar before.

I'll take my first dose in the morning.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Posts have been updated with more information and a picture.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Dma378 BamBam0319

I know this log isn't as exciting as yours and my previous ones, but you guys keep me accountable! Lol

Oh and by exciting I mean lots of AAS lol

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
First four caps were taken a bit ago. We'll see how this goes for Physics lecture lol

Subbed bro. Sorry to hear about your Grandma.
Thanks man, I appreciate it!

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
40 minutes after taking it I got an upset stomach. Destroyed the bathroom and felt better, I think my body just needs to get used to the Forskolin. 3 hours after taking it so far and haven't even thought about food. I've got a couple more hours before I get home to eat anyways. I'm usually atleast hungry by that point so we'll see how I feel then.

I'll probably go to the gym and do back around 6. I skipped chest yesterday because I started a new job. I'm quitting it today though lol

Aaron.Cole

Aaron.Cole

Awards
Curious, but how do you go almost the whole day without eating and then what do you eat to stick in 2300 cals? Just wondering. I would freaking die if I didn't eat until 2-4 lol

BamBam0319

BamBam0319

Awards
In bro! Also sorry to hear about your grandma.. My grandpa is on his third round of cancer and it's hitting him hard, has been in and out of the hospital with pneumonia several times now already.
Maybe try spreading your dose out, so it doesn't hit you as hard? I haven't looked to see what the full dose of this thing is, is it 4 caps?

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
In bro! Also sorry to hear about your grandma.. My grandpa is on his third round of cancer and it's hitting him hard, has been in and out of the hospital with pneumonia several times now already.
Maybe try spreading your dose out, so it doesn't hit you as hard? I haven't looked to see what the full dose of this thing is, is it 4 caps?
Yeah it sucks, she had a mass removed from her colon that turned out not being cancer, but a couple weeks later they found a tumor in her brain and within a month she went from perfectly normal to not being able to form sentences or walk. It was horrible.

Yeah full dose is 4 caps. I'll try 4 again tomorrow and if it's still bad I'll split it 2 and 2!

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Also, **** the financial aid office at OU, **** the IRS, and **** the FAFSA.

They're all stupid as hell and incompetent.

The office returned my parents tax transcript (they were victims of identity theft last year so it's even more difficult) and said it was incomplete, but none of the reasons for sending it back on their letter is check marked? How the hell am I supposed to fix it if you don't ****ing tell me what needs fixed.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Weight this morning was at 202 pounds, I ended up getting to the gym earlier so today was a fasted work out.

Lat pulldowns 130-12,12,10,10
Straight arm pull downs 90-10,10,10 70-12
Seated rows 220-8,8,8 175-12,12
Dumbbell rows 80-8,8,8,8
Close grip lat pulldowns 115-15,12,12,12

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
So sorry for your loss Rascal - thank you for taking the time to get this log going: obviously it's not a priority remotely compared to family, but we the AM community are here if you want to reach out to any of us more privately.

As for the gut, definitely consider splitting the dose some and/or taking it near a meal if splitting doesn't alleviate the response. Why I never suggest jumping to full dose anything without a slight ramp to acclimate some. I'm just as guilty of course but I have paid for that in the past w preworkout samples and whatnot lol.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
So sorry for your loss Rascal - thank you for taking the time to get this log going: obviously it's not a priority remotely compared to family, but we the AM community are here if you want to reach out to any of us more privately.

As for the gut, definitely consider splitting the dose some and/or taking it near a meal if splitting doesn't alleviate the response. Why I never suggest jumping to full dose anything without a slight ramp to acclimate some. I'm just as guilty of course but I have paid for that in the past w preworkout samples and whatnot lol.
Thank you man, you appreciate it.

As far as the stomach issues, I need to be fair, I was having issues when I woke up before the Res Ghost even had time to digest. It just made it a bit worse.

I'll give it one more day at all 4 caps and if it's still messing with me I'll split it. I am possibly the worst at assessing tolerance correctly. Lol I don't know a time I've ever started with anything but a full dose of something.. One day Maybe.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Okay so eating was from about 3:30-10:30 today.

Post workout-3 scoops protein and 1 banana.

Dinner-chicken, rice, jalapeños, cheese, in a wheat tortilla.

Second dinner-nachos with cheese, chicken, and Taco Bell hot sauce. 1 scoop of protein and a granola bar.

Calories 2291
Protein 208g
Carbs 204g
Fat 77g

Anytime I go to Taco Bell I take handfuls of their sauce. I put it on everything lol

Dma378

Dma378

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
How many days per week will you be following this eating pattern?

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
How many days per week will you be following this eating pattern?
I try to everyday. Most days I only make it to about 2pm before getting too hungry. no matter what I do I'm always hungry at night, so I try and save most of my calories for then. Plus, a lot of people like intermittent fasting so I figured it's probably my best bet. Days off of school and work are easy, cause I can sleep until noon lol

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
198.2 pounds this morning. Took 4 caps at 8am significantly less stomach issues. I haven't really noticed any warmth in my stomach after dosing like some of the others have said. I do get a little bit of a weird feeling in my chest/throat but it doesn't necessarily feel warm.

I felt a little anxious this morning in class, that could have been just me getting bored or it may be from the GABA.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
25 minute walk with the dog and first meal eaten, chicken and rice.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Glad the GI issues weren't bad this time. It takes a bit for me to get used to forskolin sometimes

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Got to the gym later than I planned on tonight, we went over to my grandmas and helped to split things up between the family.

Here's tonight's arms and shoulders workout. I've got lots of calories left, well see what I can cram in. I think my plan is going to be to drop 100 calories each week and try my best to not have any days I go over my calories at all these next four weeks and see how much fat I can drop. That doesn't mean I won't have a pizza here and there but I'll fit it in my calories.

Shoulder press 130-12,12,12 100-12
Seated dip 130-12,12,12 115-12
Rope pushdowns 50-12 80-12,12 70-12
Cable side raises 20-12,12,12 10-12
Overhead Rope Tricep extension 80-12,12,10 60-12
OHP 115-6,5,5
Cable curls 60-12,12,12,12
Hammer curls 45-8,10,10
Machine curls
80 drop sets to 20

Glad the GI issues weren't bad this time. It takes a bit for me to get used to forskolin sometimes
Yeah I figured that was gonna be the case. I've lived my entire life with horrible stomach aches and IBS, so it's nothing new to me.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Calories 2214
Protein 214g
Carbs 216g
Fat 55g

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
That tight feeling in your chest/throat is 100% the GABA. I forgot about that but every GABA supp I've ever used causes that for me. It scared me at first but once I understood it stopped scaring me lol

It's how you know it's good

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Same weight this morning. No gym today, but I went on a 45 minute walk with the dog. He's still learning the leash so we can't really go on runs just yet.

No stomach issues whatsoever this morning. The only thing I'm really noticing immediately from the Red Ghost is the tightening of the throat and chest as Hyde mentioned. It doesn't bother me and goes away after a bit.

Dma378

Dma378

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Just went and checked out Red Ghost. Figured I ought to see what the heck you guys are talking about. Interesting profile. I don't know much about GABA, but I like the looks of the product. And a decent price.

Dma378

Dma378

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
How does it make you feel after taking it other than the tight chest and throat?

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
How does it make you feel after taking it other than the tight chest and throat?
That's where I'm somewhat disappointed.. Or maybe excited? I have decided yet lol

I don't notice anything really. This can be good or bad depending on how well it does its job in the end. I don't mind not getting a big rush of energy or anything like that, it's hard for that to happen for me. I can take EC and fall asleep.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Calories 2314
Protein 206
Carbs 92
Fat 127

image.jpeg

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I've just started an IF. First time ever. Freaking sucks, but I'm sure it'll get better.

Similar macros. What's your fasting schedule like? I skimmed through the thread but didn't see it.
Yeah you get used to it after a while. I got tired of eating so much on a bulk it was nice to relax on the food.

This is how my days normally go, no matter when I wake up.

I never eat until after 2pm. I try and wait until 4-5pm for my first meal and then I don't usually eat again until around 9pm and fill in my calories until about midnight.

It's not exact each day, but fasting is basically 15 hours a day, and feed for 9. Its not my ideal schedule, but with work and school schedules I have to go to the gym whenever I have time, which changes when I eat sometimes because I don't like to continue fasting after a workout.

My macros aren't set in stone, but they tend to stay around the same. I tried to make today a little lower on carbs because I didn't go to the gym.

It's my first time sticking to IF and I already like it better than my last cut where I did low carb and ate breakfast and lunch.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Just went and checked out Red Ghost. Figured I ought to see what the heck you guys are talking about. Interesting profile. I don't know much about GABA, but I like the looks of the product. And a decent price.
$19.99 at Nutraplanet right now with their Easter sale going if you wanna give it a go - actually a lot of big sales and BOGOs on CL products there currently.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
1.5 mile walk with the dog. My first meal will be post workout here in a couple of hours.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Weight was 196.6 this morning. I hate seeing the scale go down lol but I drank last night and didn't get all my calories in so that's probably why.

You know I'm dedicated to this diet when I refused pizza rolls and buffalo chicken nuggets last night after getting home from the bars!! Lol

Yesterday I just did some accessory work. I think I'm taking today off and I'll probably do some chest tomorrow.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I ate fairly well today. I didn't count calories but all I had was ham and one piece of turtle pie. I took 2 Slinmax before the pie though.

My weight was 196.6 again this morning. I think the stomach issues may just have moved to further after dosing, or its just been something unrelated the past couple days.

I'm pretty disappointed in the 275 bench. It's definitely a drop from 325 on cycle a few months ago lol

Bench 135-8,8 185-4 225-3 245-1 275-1 225-3
Incline DB 50-12,12,12,10
Machine flies 175-10,8,8 115 slow-12,10
Cable crossover low 45-10,10,10 40-12,8 drop 30-8
Plate loaded chest press 90-12 180-5,4 90-8,8
Plate loaded incline press 90-8,8,8

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Eh bench is tough to keep up with. Good work though dude

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Eh bench is tough to keep up with. Good work though dude
Yeah and I had to stop benching for a while on PCT because of my elbow/nerve issues so that didn't help.

I'm beginning to think I have a nerve disease lol both nerves in my elbows are messed up and my sciatic nerve is too. I'm an old man trapped in 20 year olds body.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
This mornings weight was at 197.6. I'm not too worried about it though, I look as lean as before, my muscles just feel fuller. I woke up in the middle of the night starving and destroyed a pack of crackers lol

About an hour after the dose I started getting anxious again during class. I think I just notice it during class cause I'm sitting still doing nothing. After I got that under control, I felt like my throat and airways were opened up a bit more than usual. But, my nose also started running. It was a little different than it has been. I was starving when I took the dose but ever since then I haven't been hungry at all.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
No gym today, I had school and work all day.

Calories 2253
Protein 190g
Carbs 135g
Fat 107g

4:15pm-15oz ham
10:00pm-10oz ham, spicy chicken Alfredo, grilled cheese, 2 scoops of protein.

image.jpeg

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
This mornings weight was 196.8

Stomach issues are off and on, it's not a big deal to me though. I've been starting to do vaccuums inbetween sets some and just randomly throughout the day.

Someone stole my spot on the Lat pulldowns so I couldn't finish them on my second exercise lol

Close grip lat pulldowns 145-10 180-10,8,10
Lat pulldowns 205-8,8, stolen 130-
Straight arm pull downs 115-10,10,10 80-12,12
Seated rows 220-8,10,8 190-10
Dumbbell rows 85-8,8,8,8
Shrugs 180-20,20,20,20,20
Behind neck lat pulldown 115-12,12,12,9 100-12

Dma378

Dma378

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
This mornings weight was 196.8

Stomach issues are off and on, it's not a big deal to me though. I've been starting to do vaccuums inbetween sets some and just randomly throughout the day.

Someone stole my spot on the Lat pulldowns so I couldn't finish them on my second exercise lol

Close grip lat pulldowns 145-10 180-10,8,10
Lat pulldowns 205-8,8, stolen 130-
Straight arm pull downs 115-10,10,10 80-12,12
Seated rows 220-8,10,8 190-10
Dumbbell rows 85-8,8,8,8
Shrugs 180-20,20,20,20,20
Behind neck lat pulldown 115-12,12,12,9 100-12
Reps for vacuums

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Reps for vacuums
They're a little bit more difficult to do after I've had a meal, but when I do them in the mornings fasted I swear I get leaner by the minute lol it makes me feel a lot tighter.

Aaron.Cole

Aaron.Cole

Awards
They're a little bit more difficult to do after I've had a meal, but when I do them in the mornings fasted I swear I get leaner by the minute lol it makes me feel a lot tighter.
Also started doing vacuums on the 15min drive to work in the morning. IF definitely helps if I'm not eating until much later.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I'd have asked the pulldown invader to let me keep working in! I was always polite and would ask if I could work in to finish my last few sets - killing em w kindness never failed me.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Weight was at 195 pounds exactly this morning. No gym today, I have work and studying for a Physics exam in the morning.

I say studying but I'll most likely sit around, go see a movie and anything else to procrastinate the studying because I'm screwed on the test either way. Lol

I'd have asked the pulldown invader to let me keep working in! I was always polite and would ask if I could work in to finish my last few sets - killing em w kindness never failed me.
I thought about it but the gym was so crowded and the next machine I needed was open so I decided to not take the risk of losing the next one too lol