Chuck Box's IML R-Andro kick start!

chuck box

chuck box

Awards
  • Established
Hey guys, Chuck Box here coming around with a new log, and I am excited for this one! I will be running Iron Mag Labs new Androsterone product, Super R-Andro Rx as a kick start to my contest prep. Big thanks to the guys over at IML for generously providing two bottles of this product to run.

Plan is to run this at 3 caps a day (300mg Androsterone) for a total of 40 days. Currently I am just at about 12 weeks out from my show in late may, so this provides a great kick start to the beginning of prep. Depending on how it goes, I may increase dosage to 4 caps but I really want to give this product more time at a decent dose as opposed to a shorter time at a higher dose.

Dosing will be split throughout the day in an early AM, midday, later PM fashion w/meals. Currently this is the only HORMONAL product I am running. Other supps being taken are HMB (6 grams), Caffeine/Synephrine 3x day, multi, omega product, and OL Hydro3 pre workout.

Currently sitting at 205 lbs.. I will post up some pictures tomorrow of a few poses so you can gauge me from the start up until the end of the 40 days. I realize there will be a significant change due to the dieting of pre contest already, but I am looking for R-Andro Rx to provide me the aggression and edge to provide intense workouts, along with the muscle sparing and hardening effects it provides (hopefully shines coming in at a lower bodyfat).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Day 1: Started up the dosing today, had my 3 pills split evenly w/meals.. Of course nothing to note yet but stay tuned and we will see how this goes guys!

SilentSavage0523

Awards
  • Established
Subbed

chuck box

chuck box

Awards
  • Established
Day 2: second day down in the books.. Again stuck with the original dosing schedule of 3x per day about 6 hrs spread out from each other.

Today was a very low carb day (80g) so was just a struggle all around. Hit arms tonight, mostly going for a pump and then ended with 35 min of walking on the treadmill.

I know I said I would have pics up and I will! Took some this evening but wife has been doing work on the computer haha and I haven't had the chance to post em up!

Legs tomorrow on deck and get to throw in a few more carb meals so hopefully energy and mood is higher

wesb2387

wesb2387

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Day 2: second day down in the books.. Again stuck with the original dosing schedule of 3x per day about 6 hrs spread out from each other.

Today was a very low carb day (80g) so was just a struggle all around. Hit arms tonight, mostly going for a pump and then ended with 35 min of walking on the treadmill.

I know I said I would have pics up and I will! Took some this evening but wife has been doing work on the computer haha and I haven't had the chance to post em up!

Legs tomorrow on deck and get to throw in a few more carb meals so hopefully energy and mood is higher
What's your diet looking like for the cycle? Are you carb cycling? I think I'd go insane on just 80 grams of carbs haha

chuck box

chuck box

Awards
  • Established
What's your diet looking like for the cycle? Are you carb cycling? I think I'd go insane on just 80 grams of carbs haha
Yeah I go high, low, zero, med, med, high, zero or somethin usually around that schedule. I found it works best when trying to cut body fat, at least for me

chuck box

chuck box

Awards
  • Established
Day 5: Alright so almost a week in, nothing too drastic yet as far as noticeable strength gains or body composition results.. But definitely starting to feel some of the mental effects. My wife made a comment that I have been a little more snappy than usual lol and I do notice more of an alpha/confident attitude and getting angered a little more easily.

While I don't like being an *******, I do love the DHT effects of that aggression when it comes to the gym! I did take an off day from weights today (but did 45 min fasted cardio this morning) but I am stoked to hit the gym tomorrow! I got chest on deck and I feel like its gona be a good workout with some of this new found aggression :aargh:

Ok guys took some pics yesterday but gotta edit them (blur face out, etc) and they'll be up.

Exactly 12 weeks and 3 days from my competition, things are gona start getting serious here soon!

chuck box

chuck box

Awards
  • Established
Aright guys so its been just about a week now, and overall impressions are that I am starting to harden up and also the AGGRESSION is getting bad at some points lol. I am pretty level headed throughout the day but its some little stupid things that will set me off for a second hahaha but nothing bad.

Dosing is still at 3 caps per day spaced AM, midday, and PM along with a meal. I think I might scoot my PM dosing back as I have had a few issues sleeping lately (stim effect?). Anybody else notice a stim effect with this? I know epiandro gives it but wasnt sure about this compound.

I feel like this week the visible changes are going to start coming in more so I am excited to see how much I keep drying out.

Workouts have been great too considering the dieting, strength hasnt dipped yet at all which is a great sign in my opinion.

chuck box

chuck box

Awards
  • Established
Okay guys sorry about a bit of a break from the log, I am currently in the process of moving into a new home so its been quite the week. The wife has been putting me to work on doing some home renovation projects and on top of that been moving stuff over each day.. Definitely lacking the energy especially being on a contest diet.

Workouts have been great though, pretty lethargic throughout the day but when I get to the gym its on! Leaning up great and one thing is the vascularity and veins have been through the roof! I have never seen so many veins before even on my last cut.

I've been tempted to up the dosage to 4 caps after looking at some other logs (mostly that Wes guy, running like 6 caps I think) but I think I will just keep my dose consistent as I am seeing good results. Should be completely moved in and done with projects come this Sat on the house and then I can be back 100% to contest prep and my routine.

wesb2387

wesb2387

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Okay guys sorry about a bit of a break from the log, I am currently in the process of moving into a new home so its been quite the week. The wife has been putting me to work on doing some home renovation projects and on top of that been moving stuff over each day.. Definitely lacking the energy especially being on a contest diet.

Workouts have been great though, pretty lethargic throughout the day but when I get to the gym its on! Leaning up great and one thing is the vascularity and veins have been through the roof! I have never seen so many veins before even on my last cut.

I've been tempted to up the dosage to 4 caps after looking at some other logs (mostly that Wes guy, running like 6 caps I think) but I think I will just keep my dose consistent as I am seeing good results. Should be completely moved in and done with projects come this Sat on the house and then I can be back 100% to contest prep and my routine.
Sounds good man, thanks for the update!

chuck box

chuck box

Awards
  • Established
How's the cycle going man? Any updates?
Hey final review should be posted up soon! Had a crazy last few weeks unfortunately after moving/settling into my new house I got a surprise TDY I've been away at. Should be back tonight though and will give my final thoughts as I only have a few days left

wesb2387

wesb2387

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Hey final review should be posted up soon! Had a crazy last few weeks unfortunately after moving/settling into my new house I got a surprise TDY I've been away at. Should be back tonight though and will give my final thoughts as I only have a few days left
Nice, looking forward to it.

chuck box

chuck box

Awards
  • Established
Okay guys time for the final review..

I know this log probably wasn't the best and I apologize for lack of posting. Unfortunately this month life happened and getting to the computer took a back burner to everything else going on. I started the log during a move, which ended up taking a lot more time and effort than planned due to a new house and everything that comes with it (yeah and some unexpected renovations.. lol). Also, I got tagged for a TDY (training) that took me out of my routine and I had little access to a computer. I also was planning on competing here in a month in a bodybuilding show but due to everything going on and also a deployment that's been pushed earlier I decided to take my hat out and not compete due to not being able to put 100% into the show.

But, big thanks to the guys at IML for the ability to test the new R-Andro, and despite the setbacks I feel like I was still able to give this stuff a good run. Before I break into specifics I will say, I am impressed with this stuff. I know there was speculation about whether the test results showed it as pure androsterone or not, but I feel like it displayed the characteristics of what is expected from the compound. So, let me be more detailed..

VALUE: (4/5) Yes it was a sponsored log so I was given the product for free, but if I were to buy them out of pocket I think the price is pretty reasonable considering its one of the very few r-andro products out right now from a REPUTABLE :foot stomp: supplier.

DOSAGE: (3/5) I do wish that the caps were a higher dosage, maybe 15-200 mgs in order to run higher. I understand it would up the cost of the bottle, but when you start dosing higher it can be a pain to remember taking 4-6 capsules a day. I ran my log at 3 caps a day but would have loved to jump the dosage up as I think most people will see better results.

EFFECTS: (5/5) Alright so I am not a stranger to DS products, I have ran some pretty tough compounds (SD, DMZ, MENT, etc) and also Andros (old PP stuff, forerunner labs, etc) so I know what to expect from these type of products. I would consider myself an experienced user and at first I admittedly thought this stuff was going to be so-so. Please keep in mind I was on a contest diet though, so bodyfat was already low, but wow this stuff makes you look GOOD. Vascularity, hardness, dryness- it was all there. This was at 300 mg a day and I was wanting to up the dosage pretty bad because I feel like the size and strength gains would have been awesome. I really want to run this again at 600 mg a day ( I think that's what that Wesley guy did) on a recomp type diet and see what it could do. But for my purposes this stuff was sweet. Aggression was there so despite feeling like a lazy dog on the contest diet when I hit the gym I still felt like being in the offseason as far as energy and motivation. Strength stayed about the same, of course it started dipping more as the diet got more rigid but the strength loss was nothing drastic. In fact, even though strength was pretty level I felt my endurance (repetitions for weights and cardio) improved.

By the end of my workouts I would be so covered in veins it was a joke. Veins in my calves and chest started coming out that I've never seen before, and I started getting a little bit of that grainy look that comes not until your very close to peaking before a show (keep in mind was still around 8 weeks out at the peak).

Some people might ask why such a high review on effects since the strength and size gains weren't the best, but coming from my personal reasons for using this, it was great. I really needed the cosmetic/visual effects from the compound, I really didn't care too much about strength and size as I wanted to be looking lean and vascular, and this stuff did a great job at helping me achieve that. I would actually rate this better than the EpiAndro cousin of Androsterone as far as the visual results.. But I give EpiAndro the upper hand when it comes to the strength department.

OVERALL: (4/5) Awesome stuff dudes.. With it being spring and summer right around the corner I know most people are switching over to cutting/recomping right now and you will not be disappointed if you added this to your arsenal, trust me. If your still bulking or looking for a mass gainer, maybe give this a try at a higher dosage but you might be better off with 1/4 andro (if your looking to stick with the Andros). But if your looking for that shredded, veiny, vascular awesomeness that comes through dieting and the right tools, consider throwing this into that toolbox.

-Chuck Box