Balthazar and Mesomorph

Balthazar

Awards
I would first like to say thank you ManimalPatB for selecting me and thank you Hi Tech Pharmaceuticals for generously providing this opportunity.

About Me:
29 years old
6 ft 2
215 lbs.

I've lifted off and on for sports training for most of my early adult life but due to personal choice and certain circumstances quit training for about 5 years. I've been back at it for about 8 months now and am steadily improving. Since the time I've been back I've have primarily worked on olympic lifting. Currently I'm doing a scheme that primarily focuses on three assistance lifts setup in a DUP layout with o lifts and other auxiliary lifts set up as secondary work.

I'm running a workout log right now, which you can find a link to in my signature. In my supp logs, I like to talk more about qualitative observations and will also mention big lifts of the day but feel it would be redundant to re-post my entire workout. So I will leave it up to you, if you're curious.

Initial Review: Awesome! lol

I'm acquainted with all of the components of this pre and decided to start with one scoop. It mixes great. Rocket Bomb Pop flavor is awesome and tastes right on point. I would also like to mention that although the powder is a shade of grey, if I'm not mistaken there are some particles that are colored red and blue to remind one of an actual Rocket Bomb Pop. I think that's clever.

As far as the effects on my workout nothing but good news to report there as well. A markedly big push in energy that comes on smooth, lasts for hours and does not crash. Huge tunnel vision and sharp focus. This is where this stuff really shines for me as the o lifts are highly technical and require you to have a pretty high level of body awareness/tight form. Rest times were noticeably low, and all I could think about was exactly what I was doing. No distracting thoughts, no fatigue, just drive. I was totally confident in all my top set attempts, which is something to say because they're difficult lol.

Big Lifts of the Day:
Split Jerk 210x5 New PR - I've only recently been working at split jerk and have been steadily improving and figuring out the nuances of it.

Snatch + Hang Snatch x3 185x1 New PR - This complex is supposed to be completed in a rhythmic manner, unbroken, with as tight of form as possible. Somewhat recently this weight was hit or miss for me, so to be able to just totally man handle it today was awesome.

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Awesome bro.. glad you enjoyed your first serving!! i'll be in to follow :)

Balthazar

Awards
welcome sir!

ManimalPatB

ManimalPatB

Awards
Good stuff man!!!! Can't wait to see what you think!!!!

Balthazar

Awards
took one heaping scoop about 40 minutes pre workout, you might even call it 1 1/4. awesome day today, everything felt on point. tight form, huge confidence in overall strength and big effort in explosive/power lifts. i was able to make significant increases in everything i attempted to today. little or no fatigue, worked up a solid sweat and pretty much just blasted through everything! i even had enough energy after concluding my session and shoveling a plate of food down, i was able to stack about 2 face cord of wood lol!

Big lifts of the day:
OHP 130x5+4 PR AMRAP test out went extremely well

SG DL + Touch & Go Snatch 195x2 PR - 10 more lbs than last week!

Clean + Hang Clean + Jerk x2 - 235x1 PR, missed 5 less lbs last week because of poor lockout on last jerk, got 5 more lbs today easy!

Clean and Jerk - 255x1 PR by 20 lbs, today was not even a session geared to work up to a 1rm effort, i pretty much did this at the end but just felt so confident after hitting the clean and jerk complex previously mentioned that i decided to go nuts!

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
Glad to hear everything feels great! Meso is some good stuff

ManimalPatB

ManimalPatB

Awards
Nice work!!!! Yeah, Mesomorph makes me sweat like crazy!!!!!

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Your a brave man going over 1 scoop!!

Balthazar

Awards
Your a brave man going over 1 scoop!!
haha, well i won't take anymore but quite frankly i like it. i'm pretty well acquainted with large doses of stims, plus the type of training i do is so low volume and geared a certain way that don't really get a super elevated heart rate or anything like that. it makes me feel like i have a surge of potential energy and a big push behind it but i am able to act on that feeling in a calm and focused way. and that's what i need to make good lifts. i think performing a difficult snatch or clean and jerk is a lot more like a guy making a free throw in a basketball game as opposed to a power lifter that chooses to get really pumped up before a heavy lift.

Balthazar

Awards
another heaping scoop, an early am session before work this morning, fasted. more good stuff to report, pretty much consistent feelings with the previous sessions mentioned. i honestly think that i went so hard last workout that i had some added fatigue. i was still a touch sore this morning and although the mesomorph was definitely kicking it in high gear, i think my overall strength and power was a little bit less than 100%. now that i've experimented with it enough i can also say that a contributing factor is that i was also fasted, i always feel stronger after my body has had the chance to work down a few meals for that day. i've read that dmaa can act as an appetite suppressant and this is really much welcomed in this instance, i usually get so hungry just part way into a fasted workout that i become hangry and focus more on food than lifting. did not experience this feeling at all this morning!

big lift of the day: snatch (195x2)x3 - i have just barely squeezed out a triple at this weight before and that was in a session geared directly towards working up to that effort. by comparison, i did 85 reps of various strength assistance lifts and another snatch variation leading up to this effort, so to get 3 separate doubles was pretty huge.

Balthazar

Awards
2/26

same dose as previously mentioned. today was an afternoon lift when i got home from work. pretty much consistent stuff to report as with everything previously mentioned. big energy boost, huge focus, reduced fatigue, that extra push to help you through the tough stuff. I had a moderately heavy day at work, completed this workout and even had enough energy to go grocery shopping and bring my infant daughter along!

big lifts of the day:
SG SLDL - 235x13!, could have kept pushing but didn't want to nuke my posterior chain for the rest of the workout

Clean and Jerk - (225x3)x3 PR at this volume and heaviest triple triple so far, 10 lb increase from last triples top set attempt. Anything beyond 1 sucks for clean and jerk. now that i'm starting to improve at split jerk, i am starting to realize it takes a lot less energy for a successful jerk than completing the clean. but sometimes when you've completed a tough clean it makes you doubt your ability to get it overhead. not today, i had to fight to complete all these reps but i got it and the mesomorph definitely helped. vid posted in my workout log if you're interested!

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
awesome job man! Dat der energy and focus!

Balthazar

Awards
2/28

another big day in the books. afternoon workout on my day off with same dose as previous. everything felt on point again and my overall strength was solid. pretty much hit every lift i wanted to, and had some substantial increases in certain ones. i was a little more liberal with rest periods for certain attempts but energy was very high and every attempt i stepped up to, i was feeling very confident.

big lifts of the day:
front squat - (245x3)x2, felt very tight form and overall strength was good. next cycle when i test out at this weight, i expect enough extra reps to justify a decent increase in weight for my DUP format.

Jerk - 225x5 PR, 10 more lbs than last week for this volume. i also don't have a rack so i have to power clean these up there. so between that, all the reps and a few extra moments here and there between each one i bet the whole effort is about a minute long. the meso definitely helped with focusing and calming down to get a good effort in for the last two when i was starting to feel tired.

Snatch + Hang Snatch x3 - 190x1 PR, 5 more lbs than last attempt, i feel like i'm getting to the end of my pulling power for this complex at this weight, so it definitely took some acute focus to keep tight bar path and get super low underneath for the last two reps.

Balthazar

Awards
also had enough energy to stack about another 1.5 face cords of wood after I slammed some food down, which is awesome because if I just sit down and vegetate directly after a tough workout I tend to get stiff very fast.

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
you and these compound movements.. I could never imagine doing them haha

Balthazar

Awards
you and these compound movements.. I could never imagine doing them haha
it's all just practice my friend. the chinese are really intense with weightlifting to the point where they have middle/highschool sports academies for it. i watched a video of a junior lifter from there doing the above mentioned snatch complex with over three hundred lbs. with such ease it might have well as been a pvc pipe! i haven't done bench press in 6 years and i bet even if somehow we could magically equalize our overall potential lifting strength, you would still do more based on your mastery of the feeling and nuances of it.

3/1

early morning lift before work today, fasted with one and a quarter scoop. too bad my stim tolerance is so high or i could probably make this bottle last forever. consistent positive effects. huge drive and focus, great energy, power and confidence. DUP stuff all felt very strong, making steady and relatively quick increases at all the oly lifts and variations. energy lasts a long time and carries over into the beginning of my work day.

big lifts of the day:

SGDL + Touch&GO Snatch 200x2 PR, not a difficult weight to stand up with but i had to pull for all i was worth to get the 2nd one high enough to get under.

Clean + Hang CLean + Jerk x2 240x1 PR, technically this is a stand alone 1 rm PR for hang clean as well. poor turnover into rack on hang clean though and wasted a lot of energy squatting it up with rack out of position. took some real determination to get the 2 jerks after gassing my legs on the bad hang clean but i was confident and i stuck it out!

Balthazar

Awards
well i've been slacking off with updating this log so i'll have to try and condense a few days in this one post so here goes:

3/3

this was an afternoon workout after work was done. strangely enough i feel that a lot of the observable effects for me, such as the BA tingles, are more pronounced when i've eaten something, as opposed to working out fasted. it could also be though that every fasted workout for me is also an early morning one and my senses aren't as sharp. i'm not sure. this session went really well and i felt brimming over with energy. it's interesting though because having that feeling makes me really confident and want to just plow through everything. but for really difficult o lift attempts i have to restrain that urge in order to calm myself down and focus all that energy.

big lifts of the day:
SG SLDL (225x8)x5 this was a 20 lb increase from the previous DUP cycle and i was able to complete all sets with conventional grip which was great.

Snatch (195x3)x3 single set is a triples PR tie, last week I could only get this weight for doubles. This is the heaviest triple triple I've completed.

3/5
This was an early morning workout, fasted. I think I'm starting to become a little tolerant of this pre, not in such a way that it's any less effective yet but maybe just that the observable feelings are a little less pronounced. It's kind of different from workout to workout and there are different factors involved so I'm not sure. Some days I feel so brimming over with energy it's borderline euphoric and other days although I can tell I still have a huge push it's not as strong of a feeling. Still very happy with how everything is going though.

Big lifts of the day:

SG SLDL (255x5)x2 just on the edge of my conventional grip strength but was able to stick it out

Clean and Jerk 245x1,-- technically I finished both attempts. Both cleans were good form and not terribly difficult but had poor form on second jerk and had to press the lockout a little bit so it doesn't count. I'm working on getting greater depth in the split jerk so once I'm confident with higher weight this amount should be pretty consistent.

3/6

afternoon workout on my day off. still keeping all the DUP format the same but kind of retooling my complex and variation lift selection for the o lift stuff. more of the same to report in positive effects, plenty of energy. today was DUP test out for front squat but other wise everything else was a little bit more easy going as I try out some new complexes to emphasize improvement in different factors and then work on building back up from here.

Big Lifts of the Day:
Front Squat 245x3+4 PR legs felt very strong but back strength/upright body positioning was starting to give way. might have been able to squeeze out 1 or 2 more but 100% doesn't really benefit what I'm training for. Pretty happy with the steady increases.

Push Press + Jerk x2 (205x1)x3 this is the heaviest Push Press I've ever tried and it wasn't that bad. The purpose of this complex is to stimulate the upper body to complete a strong lockout and then work on getting better depth in the split jerk. So the weight kind of goes from being at the highest point overhead to the lowest point I can get it overhead. Once I consistently improve depth at higher percentage attempts I will be able to do more weight with less effort.

Klokov Press (110x8)x3 5 more lbs than last week, steadily improving

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Solid update bro.. appreciate it. Life happens, we understand that. Just keep pushing forward!!

Balthazar

Awards
haha more slacking off on this log... but i would like to mention that this was not a logging required opportunity so despite not logging all my sessions, i still feel like i'm going above and beyond what was minimally required of me lol. that being said I would again like to thank Hi-Tech Pharmaceuticals for this opportunity and their great generosity. At this point I just polished off the tub and am now disappointed that there's none left. i have been steadily improving the whole time with a good amount of help from this product, with a mix of different conditions such as varying workout times, amount of sleep and being fasted or not. I'm pretty stim tolerant so I can say that I did build a tolerance to this stuff by the end. but honestly the boost in energy is so huge that the change in feelings due to tolerance was something like almost being euphoric due to all of it compared to still being loaded with extra energy lol, just not borderline euphoric anymore.

since my last update i have increased at some of my DUP exercises and others am working up to another test out and all of them feel great. I have made some adjustments on all my o lift stuff and variations, with an added focus on more volume for some and working on tighter form and technical progression for other stuff. i'm not going to break down each of the last sessions but i will mention all my best lifts lately.

Front Squat - (255x3)x2 This is the heaviest I've worked up to as prescribed by my DUP format and will be my test out weight for next cycle and I'm pretty confident I will continue to improve.

Snatch - (165x5)x3 Heaviest 5's triple I've worked up to and am going to keep going until I feel I need to work on in my progression towards 3s and 2s. BTW 5s suck for snatch lol.

Klokov Press - 135x5 steady progression at these

Thanks Hi Tech, I wish I had more lol but once I'm patient enough to reduce my tolerance I will go get some lol. And to anyone who is curious but hasn't tried this stuff yet, if you like stimulant based pre workouts go get some mesomorph.

ManimalPatB

ManimalPatB

Awards
Thanks for the reviews and the final follow up man!!! Really appreciate it and glad you got good usage out of the product!!!!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Supplements 18
Supplements 7
u_e_s_i Supplements 5
Supplements 31
Supplement Logs 28