Becoming B.I.G with V.I.Pre Log!

Zoomie33240

Zoomie33240

Awards
  • Established
I am going to start this log tomorrow and figured I would throw it up today! Thanks again to XCD Nutrition for sending me a bottle of V.I.Pre. This looks like a very interesting pre workout and I am really interested to see how this goes! Here is a picture of the bottle and specs for V.I.Pre --

20160201_132104 (450x800).jpg

1437484516936 (800x698).jpg

Initital thoughts before trying: I have really been wanting to do a lower stim pre workout for a month or so and this couldn't have come at a better time! From the ingredient profile it looks like it is going to be a solid pre workout that will give a good pump and good focus.

Uses: I will be using this solo pre workout and I will also use this on some days as a "coffee" replacement (as a focus aid for when I am tired during the day). As soon as I try this out I will shoot an update in here!

Zoomie33240

Zoomie33240

Awards
  • Established
Here we go! I tried V.I.Pre this morning before cardio for the first time (today is an off day from weights). I was really putting it to the test because I only got 5 hours of sleep last night due to I have a lot of obligations currently. This being my first try of V.I.Pre, I will post my initial thoughts below:

Mixability: 4/5 The powder is very fine and high quality. I noticed that right out of the gate. V.I.Pre mixed very easily with just a couple of shakes and there was a small amount of foam on top but nothing to worry about. There were very little if any particles left in the cup after mixing. The powder seems to be manufactured very well.

Taste: 4/5 I have to say that I am not a big fan of soda/soft drinks because I don't drink them. However, I have to say that this Vanilla Cola flavor is almost perfectly on point. If you like Vanilla Cola then this is PERFECT for you. I have never seen such an interesting flavor in a preworkout and I think that XCD did an awesome job hitting the vanilla cola flavor. If I was really into soda then this may have been a 5/5.

Energy (4/5): I have been used to higher stimulant supplements lately because of having long work hours and a lot going on so I was skeptical of having a lower stim/more focus based pre. However, this product kicks in quickly (probably from the powder being so fine) and the energy that I got from this was very surprising. I felt very good CLEAN energy after about 10 minutes of taking it and it lasted me throughout my entire 35 minutes of cardio and abs. I was VERY happy with the energy that I got from this product that has only 150mg of caffeine. No "stimmed out" feeling at all. Just clean, smooth energy.

Pump: I will reserve my pump rating for tomorrow after I do my chest/delts workout.

Focus: I will also reserve a number rating for this until after my workout tomorrow; however, my initial thoughts on taking it this morning was that the focus factor was also surprisingly good. My brain fog melted away after taking this and I felt mental clarity throughout my workout and for several hours afterward (including going through a home inspection that I had at 10 a.m. this morning).

Side Note: I really am not a fan of the beta alanine tingles because I am generally very sensitive to them; however, I would have to say that for having 4000mg of beta alanine per scoop this did not give me a bad tingling sensation at all. It was a mild tingling that was almost enjoyable and not overbearing to the point of being painful.

I think that I am really going to enjoy this pre and all signs point to it being a high quality supplement so far. I'm really excited to put it to the test in my chest/delts day tomorrow!

Zoomie33240

Zoomie33240

Awards
  • Established
Today I hit up chest and delts. My workout was as follows:

**I did a drop set on the last set of every lift

Cable Flies 4x12-15
Incline Hammer Bench 4x6-10
Hammer Flat Bench 4x6-10
High to low Flies 3x12-15
Low to High Flies 3x12-15
Seated Cable Chest Press 3x8-12
Seated DB Side Raise 3x10-15
DB Reverse flies on Incline Bench 3x10-15
Seated DB Front Raise 3x10-15
DB Press 4x6-10

Here are my initial thoughts after my first workout with V.I.Pre:
**V.I.Pre was taken about 1.5 hours after breakfast on a partially empty stomach.

Energy (4/5): As I said before, I have been taking higher stimulant pre's for some time now and the energy department of V.I.Pre was something that I was very interested in. I have to say that it kicks in very quickly and the energy today was still very clean and nice feeling. The beta-alanine tingles continue to be not overbearing at all. The energy was smooth from about 15 minutes after taking V.I.Pre and lasted easily until the end of my workout. V.I.Pre gave me very solid, not over stimulated, energy.

Pump (4/5): I never have a very hard time getting a pump to be honest but I gave this an initial 4/5 because my pump today was just as good as it would have been if I would have taken some sort of pump product along with my preworkout. The pumps weren't insane but they were very solid throughout the workout.

Focus (5/5): I'm not sure if it is because this pre is lower stim or if it is the synergy of the ingredients, but I feel that focus is really where this pre shines. I felt good, calm focus throughout my workout and never felt over stimulated. I didn't notice any brain fog and was very well "zoned in" during the workout.

XCDnutrition

XCDnutrition

Board Sponsor
Awards
edit: forgot i subbd already lol. Looking forward to updates as you go along.

Zoomie33240

Zoomie33240

Awards
  • Established
Today was a brutal leg day that took me between 1.5 and 2 hours to completely get in. I was curious to how my energy levels would be in such a long workout. I dosed V.I.Pre and then jumped in my car and was at the gym warming up in 25-30 minutes. My workout was:

Leg extension: 4x15-20 with drop on last set (use these at a higher rep warmup to jump off my leg workout)
DB Walking Lunges 4x10-15
Hack Squats (facing pad) 4x6-10 with drop on last set
Goblet Squats 4x12-15 with drop on last set
Lying Ham curl (feet close) 4x15-20 with drop on last set
Lying Ham curl (feet wide) 4x12-15 with drop on last set
1 Leg Vertical Ham curl 4x12-15 with drop on last set
Superset of Standing Calf Raise and Seated Calf Raise 5x12-20 with drops on last sets
Superset of Reverse Forearm Curls with Regular Forearm Curls 4x15-20
Bodyweight Walking Lunges 1x120 (50 each leg as a finisher)

I was EXHAUSTED after my workout but I have to say that once again V.I.Pre kicked in and gave me mental clarity within 5-10 minutes and I was ready to go. My energy levels were very solid throughout my entire workout (even for it being so long). I had a very solid, not overly crazy, pump in my legs/calves. I got really tired at the very end of my workout (my workouts are brutal most days) which I attribute to needing food and not the V.I.Pre. All in all, V.I.Pre seems to keep me in more of a focused/mellow mood versus a super stim pre that cracks you out of your mind. I'm enjoying it so far.

Zoomie33240

Zoomie33240

Awards
  • Established
Just wanted to throw in a quick update. I am currently obligated to work night shift and I decided to try out V.I.Pre as a focus aid (my job requires a TON of mental work). I took one full scoop when I got tired and in about 10 minutes I felt smooth energy and felt much better. I had sustained energy for about 5-6 hours after taking V.I.Pre (even though I hardly got any sleep the day before). I was able to stay focused and motivated much better than I would have with plain coffee or a caffeine pill. I like the versatility of V.I.Pre. The lower caffeine content definitely helps it be more versatile. I can see someone using this as a coffee replacement in the mornings of non workout days (especially since you get all the ergogenic ingredients plus the caffeine.

travwj

travwj

Awards
  • Established
I agree with what your saying about the focus, and for low stim it still has long lasting clean energy.

Zoomie33240

Zoomie33240

Awards
  • Established
Today was a vicious leg workout that took me nearly two hours (high volume). I woke up first thing and drank a scoop of V.I.Pre mixed in with a scoop of Cytomax and half a scoop of protein and headed to the gym. As I was driving to the gym my energy levels slowly started to climb and by the time I got to the gym I felt good and awake and ready to go.

My workout was:

Leg extension: 4x15-20 with drop on last set (use these at a higher rep warmup to jump off my leg workout)
DB Walking Lunges 2x10-15
1 Leg Leg Press 2x10-15
Hack Squats (facing pad) 4x6-10 with drop on last set
Goblet Squats 4x12-15 with drop on last set
Lying Ham curl 4x10-15 with drop on last set
Seated Ham curl 4x10-15 with drop on last set
1 Leg Vertical Ham curl 4x10-15 with drop on last set
Superset of Standing Calf Raise and Seated Calf Raise 5x12-20 with drops on last sets
Superset of Reverse Forearm Curls with Regular Forearm Curls 4x15-20
Bodyweight Walking Lunges 1x120 (50 each leg as a finisher)

I was toasted after the workout but V.I.Pre held up strong and I got a really good pump in my thighs and calves. I felt good clean energy for about 4 hours after dosing V.I.Pre even after the intense leg workout.

Zoomie33240

Zoomie33240

Awards
  • Established
I am pretty beat down right now from work so I decided to take a few days to deload. I am going to do a 3 day split and deload for the next 4 to 7 days (depending on how I feel). I ate some oatmeal and protein this morning and then dosed V.I.Pre about an hour afterward and hit the gym. My workout was Chest/Shoulders/Tri's and was very easy with higer reps and multiple reps left in the hole (just did the workout to facilitate bloodflow and recovery.

I did 4 circuits of the following with 15-25 reps:

Cable Flies
Overhead Rope Tri Ext
DB Seated lateral raise
Incline DB Press
Reverse Grip Cable Pressdowns
Cable Reverse Flies
DB Bench Press
Rope Pressdowns
Seated DB Press

I felt good throughout my workout and it was nice to take a small break from heavy weight. My body feels good but my nervous system needs a break. I have been bodybuilding for well over a decade so it's pretty easy to tell now when I need to let my nervous system reset.

V.I.Pre continues to give me clean energy and I had a very solid pump today even without working out with a lot of intensity.

I am currently at work and just dosed another scoop of V.I.Pre as a focus aid. I really like to use it for this as well. It seems to do a very good job of waking me up and helping me focus without getting too stimmed out. It's nice that the stimulant content is on the lower side because it allows people with a high stim tolerance to be able to dose it twice a day if they choose to do so instead of buying an inferior energy drink later in the day.

Zoomie33240

Zoomie33240

Awards
  • Established
I'm still in my deload week and yesterday I did a leg workout with the same recovery tempo/intensity as my chest/shoulder/tri day posted above.

My workout was:

I did 4 circuits of the following with 15-25 reps:

Leg Extensions
Lying Leg curl
Leg Press Calf Raise
DB Lunges
Seated Leg Curl
Standing Calf Raise
DB Goblet Squats
1 Leg Leg Curl
Seated Calf Raise

I'm still continuing to get great blood flow with V.I.Pre. I am really enjoying the lower-stim, focus aspect of V.I.Pre during my deload. No one wants to feel jittery and stimmed out while on a deload especially. V.I.Pre also saved my life at work last night. My son has given me a small cold and V.I.Pre gave me the pick me up last night that I desperately needed. I think I like V.I.Pre as a focus aid/ coffee replacement just as much as I do as a pre. It still continues to be a good, versatile product.

Zoomie33240

Zoomie33240

Awards
  • Established
Will update today. My son had influenza and passed it along so it's been a rough past few days.

travwj

travwj

Awards
  • Established
Hope you feel better mate. Kids always pass on what ever they get.

Zoomie33240

Zoomie33240

Awards
  • Established
Finally able to get to the gym again. I hit a chest and delts day this morning and I REALLY needed a boost after being so groggy from this dang sickness. I took V.I.Pre with some Cytomax carb powder and some BCAA's and headed to the gym. This is my workout:

Cable Flies 4x12-15
Incline Hammer Bench 4x6-10
Hammer Flat Bench 4x6-10
High to low Flies 3x12-15
Low to High Flies 3x12-15
Seated DB Side Raise 3x10-15
DB Reverse flies on Incline Bench 3x10-15
Seated DB Front Raise 3x10-15
DB Press 4x6-10
Seated Hammer Shoulder Press Machine 4x6-10
Cable Shoulder Press 3x8-12

I felt a little groggy today but my energy levels were a lot better than I thought they would be. V.I.Pre felt good today. Especially because I haven't had caffeine in a few days. The pump and focus was solid and it felt good to be back in the gym.

Zoomie33240

Zoomie33240

Awards
  • Established
Just got to the gym after having mono/influenza and moving into a new house! It's been a rough past two weeks. I'm still a little sick but I'm going to hit it hard this morning. I got 4 hours of sleep so I hope this V.I.Pre hits me hard! I dosed it at 1.5 scoops because of sleep deprivation.

Will update after my workout!

Zoomie33240

Zoomie33240

Awards
  • Established
Finally back! I have been REALLY sick for the last 3 weeks because of influenza and mono going around. But I have been able to go solidly to the gym for the last 2 weeks with a slower pace to my workouts but my strength is still really solid. My endurance will take a while to come back after having my lungs so jacked up from being sick unfortunately.

I have been doing supersets in my workouts to work on bloodflow and stretching my fascia just for a change of pace for a few weeks ( was previously focusing more on heavier weight).

My experience so far with V.I.Pre has been really good to say the least. I dosed it at 1.5 scoops the other day before my arm workout and I have to say that I am still VERY impressed with how versatile the product is. I really like V.I.Pre at 1 scoop but if you are sleep deprived one day 1.5 scoops definitely treated my well. I love the clean energy that V.I.Pre gives. It's not over stimmed.

My last workout was bi's and tri's in a superset fasion:

Overhead tri ext 4x15-20 superset with Cable Curls 4x15-20
Rope Pressdowns 4x10-15 superset with Rope Cable Hammer Curls 4x10-15
Close Grip Bench 4x6-10 60-90 seconds rest then Preacher Curls 4x6-10
Reverse Grip Pressdowns 4x10-15 superset with Close Grip Cable Curls 4x10-15

My endurance was down but I had a really good workout overall with a REALLY good pump. V.I.Pre really shines with clean energy and a solid pump. I am sadly nearing the end of my tub but I am looking forward to posting a final review soon!

Zoomie33240

Zoomie33240

Awards
  • Established
I would also like to note that I have been taking a scoop of V.I.Pre as a coffee replacement in the mornings because I have been so sick and fatigued. I have to say that I really like using it as a focus aid/energy aid just as much as I do a preworkout. It is a very versatile product and I like that if I take it (instead of coffee or an energy drink) I am getting in a lot of great performance enhancing/nutrient repartitioning ingredients as well!

Zoomie33240

Zoomie33240

Awards
  • Established
I did legs yesterday and am hitting chest/shoulders today! I ended up having pneumonia also (go figure) but seeing as I am not contagious and have a good antibiotic I have still been hitting the gym. I will update later on today as well as post a final review of V.I.Pre!

Zoomie33240

Zoomie33240

Awards
  • Established
Sorry for the delay! Just moved into a new house and my internet just randomly shut off. It was fixed today and now I am ready to post a final review! I will first update that I had a leg day today and used my final scoop of V.I.Pre. I had to REALLY HURRY because I got to the gym late and the gym was only open for an hour and a half more when I arrived.

My leg day was as follows (tons of supersets with VERY short, if any, rest):

Feet Close Leg Extension superset with Feet Close Seated Leg Curl 5x15-20
Feet Wide Leg Extension superset with Feet Wide Seated Leg Curl 5x15-20
Feet Close Leg Press x8 immediate to Feet Wide Leg Press x8 super with Feet Close Lying Leg Curl x8 to Feet Wide Leg Curl x8 (did 5 sets of this)
Standing Calf Raise super with Seated Calf Raise 6x12-20
Goblet Squats- did reverse pyramid starting at 60lbs dumbbell 60x15 no rest 50x15 no rest 40x15 no rest 30x15
Goblet Squats- 80x6 (slow with squeeze at top) short rest 80x6 (in same fashion)
FINISHER - 120 BW Lunges (with rest only when my legs were about to give out) (60 each leg)

Zoomie33240

Zoomie33240

Awards
  • Established
FINAL REVIEW OF V.I.PRE!

Mixability: 5/5 I upped this to 5. They did a VERY good job with making this pre workout powder very fine and high quality with very minimum residue left (if any) in the cup.

Taste: 4/5 I am still not a huge soda fan; however, this product is flavored PERFECTLY for any one who like Vanilla Cola. I have to say that the flavor grew on me over the last month and a half. I really enjoyed the flavor and never really got tired of it. Solid flavoring.

Energy (4/5): I give this a 4; HOWEVER, please note that this is not a super high stimulant preworkout. You will not get "cracked out" on this product. I give this a 4 because it provides nice, clean energy at such a low (150mg caffeine) stimulant content. I really enjoyed having a lower caffeine intake and I am planning on taking a product with 300mg caffeine after this run so my receptors with be nice and sensitive to the extra caffeine.

Pump (4/5): I experienced very solid pumps the entire time I used V.I.Pre. The pumps weren't painful and overkill but I definitely noticed an increased pump capacity on V.I.Pre and a solid pump for a few hours after the gym. I really like the dose of agmatine in the product not only for the pump benefits but also because agmatine has nutrient repartitioning properties. Good stuff.

Focus (5/5): This is still were the product shines for me. The synergy of the ingredients along with a moderate (not high) dose of stimulants you are really able to focus on the weights and not be compelled to just "throw them around" like some preworkouts make people want to do. This is a preworkout that makes you ready for the gym without making you bounce off the walls. This is a very solid day to day pre workout.

OTHER USES BESIDES PREWORKOUT:

Coffee replacement:I had to add this section because I really enjoyed using V.I.Pre as a coffee substitute on my off days. I took a scoop first thing in the morning on an empty stomach and it gives you a clean energy boost much better than plain old coffee. Also, you get to enjoy the benefits of all the extra ingredients in the product. I really enjoyed the versatility of the product and used it regularly as a "coffee replacement" as well as a preworkout.

Taking a "Stim Break": If you are wanting to lower you caffeine intake from your preworkout then this is the PERFECT product to do it with. It gives you a solid profile with low to moderate stimulants that can give you a good break from higher stimulants and adrenal fatigue. You could even do a full scoop (150mg caffeine) for two weeks and then a half scoop (75mg caffeine) for two weeks and then go completely off of caffeine for a week or two. That would be an e****lent stim break.

BOTTOM LINE:

V.I.Pre is not a preworkout that will get you "jacked out of your mind". It is a solid preworkout that you can use if you are caffeine sensitive, looking for a lower stim pre that is more focus based, planning a stim break, or just looking for a new pre workout to try. While I definitely agree that there are times in your life that you need a preworkout that will stim you "out of your mind"; there are also many times that you need to take a step back and lower your stim intake with a solid pre workout. If you are looking for any of those things then give V.I.Pre a shot.

I really enjoyed the opportunity to log V.I.Pre and thanks again to XCD Nutrition. Really good job on the pre guys. Now you just need to come out with a higher stim version that everyone can cycle between that and V.I.Pre with! Just a thought :fing02:

travwj

travwj

Awards
  • Established
FINAL REVIEW OF V.I.PRE!

Mixability: 5/5 I upped this to 5. They did a VERY good job with making this pre workout powder very fine and high quality with very minimum residue left (if any) in the cup.

Taste: 4/5 I am still not a huge soda fan; however, this product is flavored PERFECTLY for any one who like Vanilla Cola. I have to say that the flavor grew on me over the last month and a half. I really enjoyed the flavor and never really got tired of it. Solid flavoring.

Energy (4/5): I give this a 4; HOWEVER, please note that this is not a super high stimulant preworkout. You will not get "cracked out" on this product. I give this a 4 because it provides nice, clean energy at such a low (150mg caffeine) stimulant content. I really enjoyed having a lower caffeine intake and I am planning on taking a product with 300mg caffeine after this run so my receptors with be nice and sensitive to the extra caffeine.

Pump (4/5): I experienced very solid pumps the entire time I used V.I.Pre. The pumps weren't painful and overkill but I definitely noticed an increased pump capacity on V.I.Pre and a solid pump for a few hours after the gym. I really like the dose of agmatine in the product not only for the pump benefits but also because agmatine has nutrient repartitioning properties. Good stuff.

Focus (5/5): This is still were the product shines for me. The synergy of the ingredients along with a moderate (not high) dose of stimulants you are really able to focus on the weights and not be compelled to just "throw them around" like some preworkouts make people want to do. This is a preworkout that makes you ready for the gym without making you bounce off the walls. This is a very solid day to day pre workout.

OTHER USES BESIDES PREWORKOUT:

Coffee replacement:I had to add this section because I really enjoyed using V.I.Pre as a coffee substitute on my off days. I took a scoop first thing in the morning on an empty stomach and it gives you a clean energy boost much better than plain old coffee. Also, you get to enjoy the benefits of all the extra ingredients in the product. I really enjoyed the versatility of the product and used it regularly as a "coffee replacement" as well as a preworkout.

Taking a "Stim Break": If you are wanting to lower you caffeine intake from your preworkout then this is the PERFECT product to do it with. It gives you a solid profile with low to moderate stimulants that can give you a good break from higher stimulants and adrenal fatigue. You could even do a full scoop (150mg caffeine) for two weeks and then a half scoop (75mg caffeine) for two weeks and then go completely off of caffeine for a week or two. That would be an e****lent stim break.

BOTTOM LINE:

V.I.Pre is not a preworkout that will get you "jacked out of your mind". It is a solid preworkout that you can use if you are caffeine sensitive, looking for a lower stim pre that is more focus based, planning a stim break, or just looking for a new pre workout to try. While I definitely agree that there are times in your life that you need a preworkout that will stim you "out of your mind"; there are also many times that you need to take a step back and lower your stim intake with a solid pre workout. If you are looking for any of those things then give V.I.Pre a shot.

I really enjoyed the opportunity to log V.I.Pre and thanks again to XCD Nutrition. Really good job on the pre guys. Now you just need to come out with a higher stim version that everyone can cycle between that and V.I.Pre with! Just a thought :fing02:
Solid review, it's definitely worth a look.