XCD Nutrition V.I.Pre Log

travwj

travwj

Awards
  • Established
Hey All,

First of all a big shout out to XCD Nutrition for giving me the opportunity to log and review their V.I.Pre workout. I am excited to try this, as I spend a bit of time on US forums and hear a lot about US companies. Being an Aussie and hearing about an Australian company giving it a shot in the US with their products, I really wanted to give V.I.Pre a go.

Here is a link to XCD Nutition's website for info and doses of each ingredient in the pre. V.I.Pre Information

Before I even opened the tub, I had a read of V.I.Pre ingredient profile and love the fact that there is no prop blend, everything is listed and the doses of it.
I read that it had 4g of beta alanine per serve and thought I would get the BA tingles as I can be pretty sensitive to it. Also I thought the caffeine dose was going to be a tad low.

I recieved Rasberry Spider flavour, and it is recommended to take 1 level scoop in 250ml of water on an empty stomach. The flavour is strong, but nice, and it all mixed well with no gritty particles left like other pre's can have. In saying that I think I will add a little more water next time to dilute the flavour a little. I found I got some good focus with V.I.Pre and only slight BA tingles about half hour to 40 min after taking it. The energy was good, not to strong and jittery, but enough to feel it, and even as I write this up 4 hours after my workout, I have had no crash. I am trying out FST-7 training and today I hit chest and bi's. Hitting chest and bi's I was going to get a pump no matter what I did, but the pump was good, especially through my forearms and upper chest.

I will try and update this after most workouts and let you know what I think of V.I.Pre.

Any questions just ask away and I will tryand answer them.

Zoomie33240

Zoomie33240

Awards
  • Established
Good stuff man! I'm looking forward to trying this out.

travwj

travwj

Awards
  • Established
Today was my second try of V.I.Pre and this morning I mixed it in 300ml of water, to dilute the taste a bit. The taste is a bit sweet in 250ml but in 300ml I think it's spot on. I was at the gym just after 4:30am this morning, I had my V.I.Pre at about 4:10am and by the time I got to the gym I was ready to go. I didn't notice the BA tingles to start off with, but about 15min into my workout I could feel them.

I trained legs this morning and had a great session that went like this
BB Lunges 4x12
Leg Press 3x12
RDL 3 x 5
Seated Leg Curls 3 x 12
ss
Cable Pull Throughs 3 x 10
Leg Extension 7 x 12 with 30 sec rest between sets
Standing Calve Raises 7 x 5

I had a good pump after the lunges, especially in the quads, and some great focus while pushing through some hard sets. Liking the V.I.Pre so far.

travwj

travwj

Awards
  • Established
Up early again and in the gym by 0430, the V.I.Pre kicks in pretty quick and I'm wide awake and read to train about 15 - 20 min after I drink it. Got in there and smashed out a back session

Weighted nuetral grip pull up's 5x5
Reverse grip wide pulldown 3 x 12
db rows 3x12
Close grip pulldowns 3x15
Straight arm pulldown 7x12 with 30 sec rest between sets
20 min of LISS cardio.

I could of kept going for a while, I had plenty of energy and was even doing some skipping bewteen sets.

travwj

travwj

Awards
  • Established
As usual in the gym early for shoulders and tris. Had my V.I.Pre and am still surprised at how quick it kicks in.

Seated bb press - worked up to a PR. Pretty happy with this.
Hammer strength shoulder press drop set
Db front raises
Supee set
Rear delt flies
Cable side raises 7*12 with 30 sec rest between sets
Reverse grip pushdown
Single cable pushdown
Pjr pullover
Overhead rope extension 7*12 with 30 sec rest between sets.

BlockBuilder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Blah 6 in the morning F that lol

travwj

travwj

Awards
  • Established
I'm back on site at work and that means early gym sessions. I was up a bit before 3am, slammed down my raspberry spider V.I.Pre and walked the 100 meters to my work gym. I did a pretty basic leg workout.

Bb lunges 8x5 working up in weight
Rdl 7x5
Leg press 100 reps
Kettle bell swings 100 reps
Leg press calve raises 100 reps

Good quad pump after the lunges and a good stretch in my hammies with the rdl.

travwj

travwj

Awards
  • Established
V.I.Pre down the hatch and straight to the gym. Hit chest and bi's this morning.
Incline db press 5*5
Super set
Bench press 5*5
Incline db press 4*10
Super set
Cable x over 4*10
Super set
Db raise hitting upper chest
Db isolation curls 3*12
Bench press 100 reps with minimum rest.
Super set
Standing db curls 2*12

Chest was pumped and fried after the 100 reps.

The raspberry V.I.Pre is pretty good in 350-300ml if water. Anything less and it is to sweet for me.

Zoomie33240

Zoomie33240

Awards
  • Established
Good to see you are enjoying the V.I.Pre! I'm running a log right now too and just wanted to drop in. I'm liking that this is a lower stim pre so far. This seems like a great pre to take when you want a break from higher stim pre's

travwj

travwj

Awards
  • Established
Good to see you are enjoying the V.I.Pre! I'm running a log right now too and just wanted to drop in. I'm liking that this is a lower stim pre so far. This seems like a great pre to take when you want a break from higher stim pre's
For low stim it does a good job of waking me up and keeps me going even after training.

Zoomie33240

Zoomie33240

Awards
  • Established
Same here. I've really liked using it at as energy supplement in the day when I get tired or first thing in the morning. It is a really versatile product

travwj

travwj

Awards
  • Established
Still loving this V.I.Pre, it mixes so easy, tastes good, been getting good focus and pumps.

Hit up legs yesterday and this morning it was time for back.

Weighted neutral grip pull up 5x5 - pause at the bottom for a good stretch
Wide grip lat pulldown 4x8
Close cable row 3x10
Super set
Db rows 3*8
Straight arm pulldown 7*10 with 30 sec rest between sets.
20 min of cardio

Great pump after the pull ups which lasted all session

travwj

travwj

Awards
  • Established
Some V.I Pre in cold water is a great way to start the day. This morning got in a had a chest and bi's session.

Bench press 5x5
Incline db press 3x10
Super set
Db raise for chest 3x8
Db floor press 3x12
Cable x over 7*10
Super set
Incline db press 7*5
30 sec rest between sets

Cable bicep curls 7x12 with 30 seconds rest between sets

Crazy pump today, veins in my chest and arm where so visible, great stuff. Thanks V.I.Pre.

travwj

travwj

Awards
  • Established
Sorry for the lack of an updates, last couple of days most of the family has been down out with an illness, I'm hoping to be back and training tomorrow.My last work out was back and I must of been starting to get sick as I was not my usual self and even the V.I.Pre couldn't get me 100%

Weighted neutral grip pull up's 5x5
Wide lat pulldown 3x10
Machine Row 3x12
Pendlay Rows 2x10
Straigh arm pulldown 7x10 30 sec rest between sets and every second set weight hang to help stretchthrough my lats.
Weighted back extensions 3x10

One thing that stands out about the V.I.Pre is how well it mixes, I reckon I only shake it about 5-6 times and it's all mixed. Probably the best mixing pre workout I have had.

travwj

travwj

Awards
  • Established
Feeling good today and back to my usual self. Woke up early as usual and had my V.I.Pre. Off to the gym about 15min later and hit up legs.

Box squats 5x5
Leg Press 3x12
Walking lunges 3x20 steps
Seated leg curls 3x12
super set
RDL 3x8
Standing Calve raises drop set with 3 drops 10 reps each x 3
super set
kettle bell swings 2x20
Abs Hanging leg lift
superset
paloff press

It was good to be back in the gym and having the energy I am used to. Had some laser like focus today and good mind muscle connection.

Zoomie33240

Zoomie33240

Awards
  • Established
Feeling good today and back to my usual self. Woke up early as usual and had my V.I.Pre. Off to the gym about 15min later and hit up legs.

Box squats 5x5
Leg Press 3x12
Walking lunges 3x20 steps
Seated leg curls 3x12
super set
RDL 3x8
Standing Calve raises drop set with 3 drops 10 reps each x 3
super set
kettle bell swings 2x20
Abs Hanging leg lift
superset
paloff press

It was good to be back in the gym and having the energy I am used to. Had some laser like focus today and good mind muscle connection.
Glad you are back to your normal self! My son just got me sick and I'm trying to push through it. Absolutely sucks being sick!

travwj

travwj

Awards
  • Established
Continuing with my early morning training and I'm still blown away by how V.I.Pre has low caffeine yet still manages to wake me up and feel it kick in and give clean energy with no crash.

Got in yesterday for shoulders and tri's and this morning for legs.

I probably have about 8 servings left, but I'll buy another tub of this in another flavor, really liking this V.I.Pre

travwj

travwj

Awards
  • Established
I had my V.I.Pre already made and next to my bed. Wake up and a couple shakes and it's all mixed and ready to drink.

This morning was chest and bi's.

Bb bench 5x5
Incline db press 3x8
Super set
Bb bench 3x8
Incline db flies 3x12
Super set
Db chest raise ( don't know the name for this) 3x8
Cable x over 7x12
Cable bicep curl 7x12

Great pump and focus and no crash after my workout.

travwj

travwj

Awards
  • Established
I've trained twice since my last update.

Back went like this
Weighted pull up's 5x5
Wide neutral lat pulldown 3x8
Bb rows 3x10
Straight arm pulldown 7x12
I had real good focus and mind muscle connection with the straight arm pulldowns. Great pump as well

This morning I trained legs and kept it very simple
Squats 10x5
Squats 6x10
Squats 6x15

200 reps all up, my legs were cactus after this.

travwj

travwj

Awards
  • Established
Liking the focus I'm getting with V.I.Pre I feel as though I get better mind and muscle connection with it. Mixes real easy as well.

I'll be heading to the gym soon for chest and bi's. I will update with workout a bit later today.

travwj

travwj

Awards
  • Established
Well as it turned out I had to make it a quick session.

Bb bench press 5x5
Incline db bench 3x10
Bb bench paused reps 2x8
Cable x over 7*12
Db curls 5x12

It was a quick one, but the V.I.Pre had me ready before i got to the gym. Great pump with little rest between sets.

travwj

travwj

Awards
  • Established
Got in the gym early this morning. I had my V.I.Pre already mixed, and could notice it's effects 10 min later when I got to the gym. Got a back and core sesh in this morning.

Weighted neutral grip pull up 5x5
Bb rows 3x10
Wide lat pulldown 3x10
Superset
Close HS pulldown 3x8
Db rows 2x15
Straight arm pulldown 7x12
Hanging leg raises
Cable Ab twist

Killer pump after the straight arm pulldowns.

Think I have about 2-3 servings left, but all good things must come to an end.

travwj

travwj

Awards
  • Established
This morning was my last dose of V.I.Pre and it's been good using this pre. I'm stoked as it is a Aussie company that produces a high-quality products that works. Thanks to XCD Nutrition for giving me a go logging this pre workout.

Mixability - this has been one of the best mixing pre I have used. It only takes 6-7 shakes and it's good to go. No residue or lumps. 9/10

Taste - I had raspberry spider, in the recommended 250ml I thought it was a bit sweet. I mixed it in 300-350ml and it was better. Not a bad flavour, but I am going to try the vanilla cola next. 7/10

Energy - loved the energy. I train at 0300 in the morning and this kicked in and could feel it after about 15min. Good clean energy with no crash or jitters. 9/10

Pump - pump was pretty good. I do get a good pump most of the time and felt this helped a little, but nothing spectacular. 7/10

Focus - loved the focus and the connection I had with the working muscle. Also good focus helped with shorter rest periods between sets, just helping focus to get that next set started and done.

Overall 8.5/10

I loved this pre workout and will be buying a tub of the vanilla cola with my own cash. Great job XCD Nutrition and keep bringing out quality products.

Zoomie33240

Zoomie33240

Awards
  • Established
This morning was my last dose of V.I.Pre and it's been good using this pre. I'm stoked as it is a Aussie company that produces a high-quality products that works. Thanks to XCD Nutrition for giving me a go logging this pre workout.

Mixability - this has been one of the best mixing pre I have used. It only takes 6-7 shakes and it's good to go. No residue or lumps. 9/10

Taste - I had raspberry spider, in the recommended 250ml I thought it was a bit sweet. I mixed it in 300-350ml and it was better. Not a bad flavour, but I am going to try the vanilla cola next. 7/10

Energy - loved the energy. I train at 0300 in the morning and this kicked in and could feel it after about 15min. Good clean energy with no crash or jitters. 9/10

Pump - pump was pretty good. I do get a good pump most of the time and felt this helped a little, but nothing spectacular. 7/10

Focus - loved the focus and the connection I had with the working muscle. Also good focus helped with shorter rest periods between sets, just helping focus to get that next set started and done.

Overall 8.5/10

I loved this pre workout and will be buying a tub of the vanilla cola with my own cash. Great job XCD Nutrition and keep bringing out quality products.
Good to see you liked the pre! It was definitely surprisingly good considering I am used to higher caffeine content. I just finished up my log and thought I would show yours some love. The Vanilla Cola is definitely one of the most interesting flavors I have seen for a pre. Hope you enjoy it!

travwj

travwj

Awards
  • Established
Good to see you liked the pre! It was definitely surprisingly good considering I am used to higher caffeine content. I just finished up my log and thought I would show yours some love. The Vanilla Cola is definitely one of the most interesting flavors I have seen for a pre. Hope you enjoy it!
Yeah man it exceeded my expectations for sure. I'm buying the vanilla cola this week. I'll let you know what I think of it.